Marvel, Rebirth:

IC: Damian

"Ah, okay. That would explain it." Damon nodded, an understanding look on his face (though it was mixed in with the face of one who was a little slow on the uptake). "I guuuuuess I'll just sit over here and not bug you anymore then...?" he said at Alecto's remark about the bat, taking a seat on the floor.

IC (Alecto)

Alecto raised an eyebrow. "If you were bothering me, why on earth would I have opened the door instead of calling Watchbeast? Don't worry about it." Alecto paused for a moment, clearly collecting is thoughts. "So you know what this'll entail right? The tricks up my sleeve aren't exactly the nice and clean fireballs and lightning bolts some folks swear by-and I'd rather shoot myself then pull a rabbit out of a ###### hat. There's a price to be paid for these rituals...so uh, don't be alarmed if I open a vein or something. Or if you hear whispering at the edge of perception. If this doesn't give your staff some extra juice, I'm not sure what will."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC (Alecto)

Before long, Alecto, bearing Damian's staff, ushered the aforementioned student into a bare, windowless chamber, lit by a circle of candles, with no other light sources apparent. "Just...stay at the edge of the room. You really don't want to disrupt the candles or...." Alecto gesture at the floor and it soon became evident that, carved within the stone floor of the chamber was a series of exceptionally intricate circles, each narrow carving that made them up filled with what appeared to be a variety of dark liquids, crushed herbs and, at times, what almost appeared to black fire, burning, but giving off no heat. "...the runes. The powers that I call upon are not to be treated lightly. It's a good way to die." Alecto however, strode forth, deftly avoiding the carvings and candles with the ease of long practice and more then a little fear. As he neared the center of the runes and candle-stick circles, the shadows on the walls, already distorted and deep by the feeble light of the candles, almost appeared to twitch...to dance.

As Alecto reached the center, and stuck the staff into a hole bored into the flooring, suddenly, all seemed silent and still. The shadows ceased to move, the candle's flickering flames appeared to freeze in mid-motion, and even the smallest sound appeared to vanish. Then Alecto began to chant, in a low, husky voice. The tongue was unknown to most mortal ears, and one could almost feel his vocal chords struggle to wrap themselves around the clearly alien chant. "Azaum selvisk azaum metioruek...." The chant continued, almost seeming to take on a life of it's own. For even as Alecto continued on and the words, if the strange constructs that he uttered could be called such, changed, echo's of the other parts of the chant seemed to dance in the air, echoing on long after they should have faded into nothing.

Then the images did come, in quick flashes and in such a way that one could not be sure if they had truly seen anything. Blasted ruins and wastelands with a starless staring sky above them, blasted by gale-force winds thick with flurries of grey sand. Hideous undead parodies of man and beast marshaling before them, calling to unknown gods....and then a sky filled with stars that seemed to squirm and twist in entirely unnatural ways replaced this vision, almost too quickly for any details to be made out, these strange stars looked over a landscape bathed in the colors unknown to man, filled with great, reaching towers of basalt and grand green statues of some sort of unnatural lizard-beast. 

Then this scene too, vanished  The chant hung in the air, still persistent beyond the right of any spoken word. The shadows of the room almost seemed to be alive, grasping, reaching and clinging to parts of the wall that they had not touched before. At times one might imagine they saw a thousand thousand pinpricks of light within them, but not soon after, it would seem as if they were an empty void of darkness that seemed, or indeed, did go on forever. The carvings, and the strange mixtures they contained had changed as well. No longer did one have to suppose they contained a mysterious and quite unnatural black flame. For it had expanded and seemed to burn wherever the mixture had existed. The candles struggled to maintain their flames, as if blown by some wicked and wild windstorm. 

The ritual went on.

It would seem it was, as yet, far from over.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Damian

Damian watched with bated breath as Alecto worked his magic.

It was quite clear that what those people he had asked prior about this sort of thing had not been kidding. The screams, the deafening flaps of the wings of the sylphs, the transformation of the ritual space, the shaking walls; what was happening now in this very room was altogether different but at the same time eerily similar to the experiences that those self-proclaimed adepts had described. Yet what Alecto was doing seemed... different from what had been written down. Rather than forces angelic or demonic, an... Eldritch (for lack of a better word) presence seemed to permeate the room. Something that Damian had no words to adequately describe.

He dared not move a muscle.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct
  • Upvote 1

IC:

Right away, Sierra knew that this would be difficult. She'd gotten Ashley alone and she had her words ready, but they refused to move from her thoughts and lungs. She stood in painful silence for a moment, staring at the floor. When she finally forced herself to talk, she feared that she had come across as brisk and uncaring at first. "Ashley... I haven't been honest with anyone here, and up until now, I didn't give a d***." She didn't let herself pause for fear of freezing again. "I knew that I wasn't meant to feel for others. It may seem strange, but I was raised to think of people as worthless and destructive. So I lied. A lot." She made herself look at Ashley for the first time. "I'm telling you this because I think that you're different, and I guess I want someone to know who I am before I..." Stuck again.

IC:

--need like two wrists

Foreign car outside, that ###### got two digits

Money stand like eight feet, just like two midgets

The Articles of Confederation failed because they allowed the colonies too much power state to state while eschewing a strong federal government to keep them united, and--

WHO THE ###### TOLD YOU THAT YOUNG THUGGER THUGGER DON'T ###### UP THE BEAT

This is so hard! How does anyone study like this?

Dallas puffed up his cheeks with a deep, impatient breath, looked at his iPod, and then back to his history textbook. Then up to the front of the class. Book. Blackboard. iPod. Book. Book. Book. I have to study.

"Nope," he said to no one in particular. "This is not happening. It's too early and it's Friday."

He pushed the book closed and threw it under his desk, leaning back in his chair and mimicking a swordfight with two pencils.

-Tyler

IC: (Sakuya)

"Having some trouble?" Sakuya asked, as she pulled up a seat beside Dallas. She had noticed he was struggling between his work and ignoring said work. Most of the time history wasn't that fun for anyone, but she'd still rank it above the required math courses. History was just a bunch of notetaking, but she realized there were other ways to write down information, you could give exact dates and all that required work, but then mix in a little humor to keep yourself amused. "First thing, put the iPod away, and I'll go over my notes with you. I've gotten a big chunk done already."

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: "You sure?" Persephone asked "I mean, are we even the same sizes? Or do you have, like, stretchy clothes for when you transform?" She had decided that after the slightly impolite questions about her own robotic nature, a bit of turnabout was fair play. A tad immature, sure, but there was nothing too wrong with a bit of gentle ribbing

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC (Alecto)

Even as the chant, seeming to have taken on a queer life of it's own, continued on in it's strange and alien tongue, an English phrase passed through Alecto's lips, somehow the soft, low tone made itself heard about the alien chant. "Through the gate with a silver key...." Something in the endless, utterly black darkness that now held the walls, if indeed the walls still existed, in it's thrall seemed to hear this. The room, without moving, seemed to shift, to plunge ever deeper into the darkness and towards whatever powerful, perverse madness lurked within. Entire fields of stars seemed to pass by at speeds that boggled imagination, with vast, empty voids making up the space betwixt them. In the time it took to blink, this vision and sensation of an endless speedy fall seemed to consume the room and, as quickly as it began, cease. The candles flickered, and nearly sputtered out completely even as the shadows began to recede, revealing untouched stone underneath.

Then the pounding started. As if an army was bashing upon the walls, seeking entry. Even the chant, still ever-present, was overpowered by this chorus of strange roars and ceaseless impacts.The black flames climbed ever higher, stretching up until it seemed they would grow to touch the ceiling. The shadows, still retreating, took on different shapes, of reveling, celebrating beast-men, some bearing the heads of jackals, others of cats, crocodiles and other beasts, many unknown to mankind. Arms stretching oddly in the dim light of the candles, the dancers seemed to grow in numbers and strength even as the shadows retreated yet further, leaving no trace upon the now worryingly well-lit walls. Then, from the flames, something emerged. The shadowy revelers began to stand, to rise, from the pitch-black fires. One seemed to stand taller then the rest, and it began to approach the staff, only it's general shape determinable, for the rest of it's features were simply pure shadow. It was a crocodile headed man, if eyes could be trusted in this place, bearing the headdress of some sort of strange priest.

Then, as it passed Alecto and placed both of it's hands upon the staff. It spoke, in some long-dead tongue that, nevertheless, made itself understandable, if not precisely comprehensible to the ears of all who heard. "Ia! Ia! Umr at-Tawil! Ia! Ia! Sebek! Ia! Ia! Sochet! Ia! Ia! Klul mesheht rah nii Sobek!" Without quite realizing it, all in the room intoned, nay, shouted these words as the creature of shadow spoke them. A series of visions cascaded across the room, of an empty vast desert, of ancient rituals performed at the foot of the Sphinx, of swarms of crocodiles seething through a river, tearing apart war galleys and finally of the face of that august Sphinx falling away, revealing a screaming, infinite void full of nothing but darkness and swirling galaxies. Then the creature holding the staff seemed to seep into, to become one with it. In the space of a second, the dark flames withered and died, leaving naught but curious ash in their wake. The shadows too, faded from existence, leaving nothing but mundane darkness in their wake.

The room returned to normal. Whatever had transpired-be it mere visions or something far more terrible-had ended. Alecto, now pale, and, uncharacteristically, fearful, stepped forwards and carefully lifted the staff from it's resting place. "I....don't say I didn't warn you." The intricate carvings and runes upon the floor appears to have been burned out of existence, with only ash and blasted stone attesting to their existence at all. Slowly, the bat-winged mercenary made his way through the destroyed circle and to Damian. Without a word he held out the staff to Damian. 

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

"Put away the iPod?" Dallas looked at Sakuya as if her lips had suggested giving her his music, but her voice had demanded 'scalp yourself with this pencil and then toss your scalp at my feet as an offering to my bloodsoaked ram gods.'

"I...okay. Fine." He locked his iPod and wrapped the cord of his headphones around his finger. "Was my apathy that obvious?"

IC:

"Morning." Daken smiled heartily and leaned across the counter to kiss Asa on the forehead. "You look beat. Sure you slept okay?"

IC:

"Well, that wasn't...fatal."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Julia

Julia intercepted the blade with her claws in an almost nonchalant manner.

"I don't know where you got your intel, bud," she said. "but Howlett is not my last name."

IC:

"My apologies," Raiden said with a nod of his head. He then pulled his blade away, jumped back and then extended his blade forward, the sword extending straight at Julia's neck.

Johnathan pulled out his gun with his other hand and fired three times at Raiden's chest. Raiden slid across the ground a few steps, his body jerking from the shots. But John saw no signs of blood, no signs of where the bullets would have pierced his armor. What he had seen was a flicker of something... around Raiden's body when he'd been shot.

"What the ****?" John cursed.

IC:

"Awww, dogshit. Pack your shower kit, Leon. I smell sorcery."

IC:

"I refuse to get my hopes up that some god up there loves me enough to slay Alaric Carlisle."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Leon)

"....." Leon blinked a few times, and twitched, oddly, around his mouth. Clearly, the poor man was wondering what new breed of exciting and limb-endangering madness he was going to get dragged into now. "We're....not going to investigate right? We didn't investigate the teen angst and really of the two which is more deadly to sanity?"

IC (Romulus)

"I would not be so certain of that, Thistledown seems fond of you." Romulus nodded at one of the nearby legionnaires. "Regardless, I'm sending out search parties. Do you know where he was last located?"

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

"I've never met a real sorcerer. It might be fun."

IC:

"Heh. Uhh...Red Robin Gourmet Burgers and Spirits? Or on the road headed there. He had the Summers kid with him. Made me cancel burgers with Diamond Joe for it."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Leon)

"You're going to hit me over the head with a brick and drag me there anyway if I refuse. I just know it." Leon, clearly, had began to learn just how this game was played. "If this goes wrong I get to choose where we eat tonight. I'm getting sick of subway." A man could only live off subway for so long before he started to forget what a burger tasted like and Leon refused to become that man. 

IC (Romulus)

Romulus waved a hand idly in the legionnaire's direction. "Contact our friends in the police department. Recent crashes or strange occurrences on the routes too any of those eateries. If they cannot provide the information we need, send out a few squads." Knowing this city there'd be a dozen inexplicable events and twenty crashes to check out before they hit paydirt. 

IC:

Raiden grunted as his blade met Julia's claws. He then began to slash at her rapidly, his blade extending to different lengths.

"Yo buddy, don't forget about me." Johnathan said as he rushed over and swiped his claws upwards. He felt them cut through something metal even through there was nothing there.

Raiden stumbled backwards as three thin scratch marks appeared on his shoulder before they began to bleed. John had seen something flicker around his body when he'd struck with his claws, he'd felt them pass through something else.

"He's definitly wearing some sort of invisible armor Jules. Though armors never stopped us, right?"

IC:

After Lynae's death, quiet had descended over the remaining congregation; a dirt-stained and torn jacket was wrapped around Tali's shoulders in a gesture of comfort, Zack Summers breathed heavily, trying to control his panic; the group had taken to their own corners of the campfire, meandering like Gadarene swine.

Alaric walked back and forth, far to the left of the group, disdainful and hating and singularly hushed.

"Well." The word broke the silence into thousands of splinters, stabbing into Ric's mind in the birth of a headache. "This is a pickle."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: U! Julia

Julia weaved out of the way of the sword, but she wasn't quite fast enough. She felt the blade dig into her shoulder and grit her teeth as the blood dripped down her arm.

She lunged at lightning speed, aiming for the swordsman's chest.

IC: Zack

Zack reached under his glasses to rub his eyes.

"I really don't think 'pickle' adequately describes how utterly we are."

67tlbk.png

IC:

"Deep breaths, Summers. I promised your sister I'd take care of you and Tara. I might be terrible at being good, but I refuse to botch it up with every member of the family." Alaric smoothed out black hair between his fingers and looked into the campfire for a long time, until it started to sting at the corners of his eyes. "So. There's a way out of here. Let's find it."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Raiden brought up his sword fast, Julia's claws almost digging into his chest, instead they cut across the hand holding the blade since he deflected her claws towards the bottom of the sword by the hilt.

"The two of you fight well together. But not well enough." Raiden said before he jumped back away from Julia drawing his sword back to a normal size.

"It pains me to kill two mutants like myself, but if I do not then the Hand will take one of hands, and as a swordsman I need them both."

"Shut up, and fight already." John said as he rushed at Raiden from the side. Raiden whipped his sword up, extending it and slashing John across the chest. Johnathan stumbled back as he felt blood start to leak out of the wound. He gritted his teeth and fired two more shots with his pistol at Raiden, getting the swordsman to dodge and hopefully giving Julia time to strike at him.

IC:

Julia's struck landed, but her claws met something metal and invisible, cutting through Raiden's invisivle helmet and giving him time to jump away, three long slash marks now marking the side of his face.

"You ****!" he said before he ran at her, extending his blade towards her heart.

Johnathan had about enough of this guy. He aimed his pistol and fired three times. Two of his shots missing since Raiden was a moving target. The third shot slammed into the side of Raiden's knee cap. Raiden screamed from the pain and began to stumble towards Julia now.

"He's all yours Jules." Johnathan said as he tucked away his pistol and pulled in his claws. Raiden Chi was about to be mincemeat.

IC: Julia

Julia easily sidestepped the blade. She watched him stumble and come to a rest at her feet, then kicked away the sword and pressed her heel into his throat. She leaned over him, putting just enough pressure on his throat to get the point across, but ensuring he could still barely breathe.

"Now listen up, you ######," she spat. "You're gonna tell me who wants us dead. If I'm happy with your answer, I'll make this quick."

She pressed a little bit harder with her heel for emphasis.

Edited by Zulu Yankee Kilo Echo

67tlbk.png

IC:

"Well, you can shut up and let the guy whose brain moves thrice as fast as yours do the thinking," Ric suggested glibly, "or we could die. I'm hugging the fence on the issue."

IC:

Dallas ruffled Kristen's hair and bounded out of the car, standing on tiptoes on the sidewalk. The Ultimate jerk-with-a-heart-of-??? balanced on his tiptoes on the edge of the sidewalk, waiting for Card to get her in gear and stop holding the steering wheel like it would smash her in the face if she let go of it.

"Caaard. I want some Bostom Kreme in my mouth."

IC:

Aleksandr sighed and pushed hair away from his brow, coated in a thin layer of beaded sweat. "Christine, do you know what I do? Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, I beat the out of teenagers and call it power control. A lot of them can't wait for me to sleep so they can try and kill me, and the others want me to sleep so that they can join me. I get paid twice a month to do it...and as up as it sounds, that is probably the most stable thing in my life right now. I'm not upset at you...I just suppose I'm upset at life."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"I told you... the Hand wants you dead... they threatened me... paid me handsomely... I couldn't say no." Raiden choked out.

"I'll leave it up to you if we kill em' or not." Johnathan said. "I don't really care either way, but I'm not sure if we should let him go."

He then bent down and picked up his phone. "Cali?"

IC:

Christine was taken aback by Aleks answer, she hadn't been expecting it. "Ah... Ah understand." she smiled now. "Why don't we get you out of your normal life. Go and do something unexpected... like go out on an actual date." she offered before blushing slighly.

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

IC: U! Julia

Julia looked back at John and put a finger to her lips.

"The...hand?" she said, looking back at Raiden. "Not ringing any bells."

She pressed a little, then let up just enough to allow him to catch his breath.

"I want something tangible. A name. A place. , I could probably even work with a Twitter handle."

67tlbk.png

IC:

"The Hand!" Raiden shouted. "Japanese ninja clan! Usually wear black or red! Very lethal! No one goes against the hand or they wind up dead!" Raiden said, it was clear he was afraid to die.

"A woman named Tomoko contacted me... apparently the two of you were supposed to join the Hand but you left Japan after killing some of their people."

"Again, you got the wrong John and Julia." Johnathan scoffed.

IC:

"Howlett," Dallas began over the phone, "tell me I didn't hear your sister murder some poor motherer just now. Tell me that was AT&T doing the devil's work."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME