Marvel, Rebirth:

Though the prison break-in went well at first, things quickly went south. Captain Allergen broke into the prison's mess hall, where he attempted to free the criminals eating lunch there. When guards intervened, he used his powers to little effect, only causing midle allergic reactions. He attempted to use his pepper spray but was shot in the arm as a result. This triggered his powers in a dramatic fashion, giving two of the guards sudden heart attacks, and in the ensuing chaos Captain Allergen made his escape along with a handful of prisoners including Boris the Dismemberer. He was not aware that he had caused the heart attacks however.

When he had escaped, and bandaged himself up, he met up with the Feccia Crime Family who thanked him for returing Boris to them, and offered to take him into their employ. He agreed, not realizing just what kind of family he was being adopted into, and was given some men under his command. To these men he gave super hero costumes that he purchased from Party City and they became his team of "sidekicks." He sent them off to patrol and protect the city, which they felt was best accomplished by relocating the city's valuables to a safer location; namely, their pockets. Unaware that his new sidekicks were going on a crime spree, he would have his henchmen roleplay according to what costumes they wore, so he could pretend that he was working along side his favorite heroes, like Hawkeye, Hulk, and... Pikachu... (that mask was on sale for half-off.)

Thus TEAM ALLERGEN WAS BORN!

team_allergen.png

Edited by Ichthys

bluefish.jpg

One Way,

One Truth,

One Life

IC:

"Sorry to break it you Cali, but that was Jules killing someone. And he deserved it."

That was when Raiden produced a knife from inside his robe and tride to stab Julia with it unawares.

Johnathan snapped out his pistol and unleashed one shot. Raiden's head snapped back with a nice red circle in the middle of his forehead before he fell onto the ground, clearly dead.

"Nevermind, now he's dead."

The "Hulk" (Horace Green) returned to Captain Allergen from a successful mission- he broke into a Hydra supply depot (a local mom and pop store), and liberated Hydra funds (held them up at gun-point and took their money.) A victory for the forces of good.

hulk_and_spiderman.png

bluefish.jpg

One Way,

One Truth,

One Life

IC: U! Julia

Julia jumped and turned around. The blood had finally stopped trickling down her arm, but the sudden surge of adrenaline pushed out a few more drops.

"Jesus," she said. "he is one persistent ninja. Or was, at least."

She looked around.

"We should probably split on the off chance someone actually heard that."

67tlbk.png

As Captain Allergen lay resting, he had a troubling dream...

origins_1.png

"NOOO!"

He awoke in a cold sweat... and promptly forgot what had woken him up.

bluefish.jpg

One Way,

One Truth,

One Life

IC: U! Julia

Julia jumped and turned around. The blood had finally stopped trickling down her arm, but the sudden surge of adrenaline pushed out a few more drops.

"Jesus," she said. "he is one persistent ninja. Or was, at least."

She looked around.

"We should probably split on the off chance someone actually heard that."

IC:

"Yeah he was," Johnathan said as he walked over to his bike parked against the curb still talking with Dallas as he climbed on and started it. "Get on, we're going to meet Dallas. Oh yeah, where are you again Cali?"

OOC Ahhhh sorry Flex I'm the worst

IC:

Kane patted the side of his longboard as he bent down low on it, mumbling a command to the board to swerve so he could shred, he followed his board with his body as it swerved and he shredded before he straightened up hearing Rene's question.

"Since right after the Brotherhood attack on the Weapon-X base so a little over a year, how about you?"

IC

"I've been around for awhile," Rene replied, swerving around a patch of broken asphalt. "The Brotherhood picked me and my sister up when we were kids. Gave us a home. I left last year, hitchhiked across the country, saw the sights. But I'm back now."

The corner of his mouth twitched up in a half-smile. "Gotta keep an eye on my little sister."

IC

"Good cookies," Angela mumbled through a mouthful of crumbs. "You ever though about a career in baking? You know, after you hit your peak as a professional hitman?"

IC(Cynegild Picker - Flashback):

It was suffocatingly humid in the Congo, and while that certainly wasn't a pleasant aspect of the scene in Kinshasa (though the mercenaries didn't seem to mind it), it wasn't what bothered Cynegild the most.

No, the big problem was the silence.There should have been cars, at the very least. Vendors advertising their wares, families, businessmen, anyone going about their day. People should have been walking along, or shouting in frustration at slow drivers, or something. Anything. There wasn't. They weren't. They were within a mile of the point the GPS tracker indicated as the ritual site, and the only signs of life were occasional patrols, the like of which had caused the party to duck behind the corner of a building and wait.

The crunching of gravel under the boots of the cultists seemed unnaturally loud, set against the stillness of the rest of the city. Their gear was old, and mismatched - old t-shirts and denim shorts right next to actual body armour, thirty years old or more. Each wore a machete at his hip, and carried a rifle of some sort or another; Kalashnikov seemed a popular choice, and nothing looked newer than 1990. Each of them had used lurid yellow paint to draw strange, swirling symbols on their clothing, and shrouded their heads in cloth of the same colour. Their faces were hidden under bone-white masks, with hollow eyes and expressionless mouths, giving the impression of strange owls searching out their prey as the patrolling cultists swept the area, glancing around with a jittery, paranoid energy.

As the patrol neared the corner behind which the team crouched, Drachentocht coolly raised her rifle to her shoulder, sighting down the scope at the cultist with the best armour. She fixed her aim, and began taking deep breaths to steady herself. The patrol came within twenty meters. Fifteen, and Cynegild could make out the vague impression of strange images carved into the masks, but he could not say what they reminded him of. Ten, and the lead cultist's mask exploded in a puff of powder and bone-white shards as a fine red mist filled the air. Before the corpse had hit the ground, two more were gunned down as the mercenaries burst from hiding, and a third took three bullets center-mass from Cynegild. As he sighted on the next target, a banshee scream split the air, raising the hairs on the back of his neck as he looked to a building across the street for the source.

Before he could truly pinpoint the source, a portion of the side of the building exploded, sending chips of concrete and powdered glass flying everywhere as something closer in size to a mule hurled itself at him, wings spreading mid-bound as it attacked. He could never say just what it was that attacked him - his chief impression was of teeth, too large, too sharp, and too numerous for any sane creature's mouth, and of some rough, shaggy body covering, before it hit him hard, throwing him through the window of another building to land hard on his wrist, eliciting a gasp of pain as his gun skittered across the floor.

As Cynegild tried to regain his footing without cutting himself on the glass that coated the floor, the sounds of battle continued unabated - sharp, staccato bursts of gunfire and the shouts of the mercenaries, tactical detachment slowly giving way to panic as the inhuman assailant refused to be brought down. The beast itself made what seemed like a thousand different sounds, none seeming as if they could have come from the same throat - a guttural, echoing roar giving way to the ghastly scream that heralded the attack, before the monster gave what sounded like hollow, cackling laughter as one mercenary's shouts rose to screams of terror and pain, before cutting off with a painfully loud crack and a dull, wet thump.

Cynegild rose to his feet, vision still hazy from the impact, in time to see the dark blur swoop down upon Drachentocht, almost too quickly to be seen at all - and tumble clumsily to the ground, taking the mercenary off her feet with it, but where she merely stumbled the beast bounced and flopped and rolled and skidded until it finally stopped, a trail of steaming green-orange ichor coating the pavement behind it. It struggled for a moment amidst its broken wings, hard-jointed limbs scrabbling to find purchase before its struggles ceased and the monster lay silently, mercifully still. The handle of a combat knife protruded from some part of the creature's twisted anatomy, and Drachentocht, dripping blood from a dozen scrapes and cuts, moved as though to retrieve the weapon before deciding against it.

As Cynegild stepped through the broken window, gun held loosely in his good hand, he saw the full extent of the carnage. Few of the mercenaries had escaped injury; one's arm hung limply at her side, dripping blood as she sat on the sidewalk attempting to bandage the wound, several more bled freely from head wounds, and one lay broken, crumpled against the corner of a building, chest dented unnaturally and head flattened against the concrete. He averted his eyes from the grisly sight, and looked instead to their leader, who spoke before he could voice his question.

"There's no way other patrols don't know we're here by now. We need to get under cover fast, and disappear long before they arrive. Williamson, you take anyone else who isn't going to leave a trail and make for the objective. If it comes to a fight, take your orders from Kipsefu. Everyone else, with me."

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC Ahhhh sorry Flex I'm the worst

IC:

Kane patted the side of his longboard as he bent down low on it, mumbling a command to the board to swerve so he could shred, he followed his board with his body as it swerved and he shredded before he straightened up hearing Rene's question.

"Since right after the Brotherhood attack on the Weapon-X base so a little over a year, how about you?"

IC

"I've been around for awhile," Rene replied, swerving around a patch of broken asphalt. "The Brotherhood picked me and my sister up when we were kids. Gave us a home. I left last year, hitchhiked across the country, saw the sights. But I'm back now."

The corner of his mouth twitched up in a half-smile. "Gotta keep an eye on my little sister."

IC

"Good cookies," Angela mumbled through a mouthful of crumbs. "You ever though about a career in baking? You know, after you hit your peak as a professional hitman?"

IC:

"Ah, I see. I only ever got to travel when Wep-X sent us on missions around the country or over seas, and those usually were stressful and ended up with me killing people." he tried not to picture any of those said missions.

"So you grew up with Christine then? I know she was raised by the Bro-Hood." he stepped on the tail of his board, raising the front so he could go over a crack where the sidewalk was raised.

IC:

"Not what she told me," he shrugged as he continued skating. "She told me she was with them from when she was like three, and some dude named Jake protected her or something, then she got arrested around twenty and sent to prison. That was when Weapon-X sent me and Jeremy Wagner in to get her. Right before Weapon-X kidnapped all the X-Men and stuff." he shrugged.

"The Brotherhood used to be pretty big, not surprising you didn't know her." he slid to a stop and kicked his board up now that they had gotten back to the Brotherhood camp.

"Thanks for the ride and the quick bite."

IC:

Johnathan and Julia pulled up outside the address for the Dunkin Showstopper had mentioned. He kicked the stand down and turned the bike off before climbing off.

"They should be inside." he said before heading towards the front door to the doughnut shop.

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

Captain Allergen, being the good leader that he was, had taken his group of sidekicks to Dunkin Donuts. He treated them all to donuts, but insisted they wear their superhero masks.

bluefish.jpg

One Way,

One Truth,

One Life

IC:

Dallas slipped Kristen a fifty - he needed many, many ###### doughnuts - and leaned in to whisper a short "stay inside."

"... I'll go grab us some seats..."

He patted her on her metal shoulder once and grabbed a fistful of napkins, shoving them down the unbuttoned collar of his henley and storming outside as though he were ready to pull a length of chain on John and Julia right now. He pushed open the door with a knee and hopped right back off the sidewalk he had just left, pacing to John's bike and straddling the front tire.

"You're not going inside," he told them curtly. "I'm not letting you anywhere near Kristen until you tell me what the ###### I just listened to on the phone."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"Put away the iPod?" Dallas looked at Sakuya as if her lips had suggested giving her his music, but her voice had demanded 'scalp yourself with this pencil and then toss your scalp at my feet as an offering to my bloodsoaked ram gods.'

"I...okay. Fine." He locked his iPod and wrapped the cord of his headphones around his finger. "Was my apathy that obvious?"

IC:

"Morning." Daken smiled heartily and leaned across the counter to kiss Asa on the forehead. "You look beat. Sure you slept okay?"

-Tyler

IC: (Sakuya)

"Yes, but the material is rather dry anyways. I didn't expect to see you here, by the way. It's nice to see you around." She looked over his book, she moved ahead of him by just a little, so she flipped open her book. "So you're still on the Articles of Confederation. Take what you think is relevant, all that stuff. Mainly dates, and locations if they're mentioned. I know most students are so bored with history, because they feel like it doesn't matter to them. Got to make it important enough for your brain to remember, it'll do the rest of the work." Sakuya smirked, pointing to some of her notes. "We also quiz each other later if you're available. History's actually rather fun for me. Just don't ask me to give you calculus answers. That is definitely my weakest link."

IC: (Asa)

"Yeah, I'm fine," Asa replied with smile, only to follow her answer with a yawn. She really didn't, she spent a good portion of her night getting the baking done, mainly because she couldn't sleep. Then she spent more time in her bedroom trying to get sleep, eventually her body gave way to exhaustion, and halted her insomnia, however by then she had only got about five hours or less of sleep.

"It's really hard to see myself opening a bakery," She answered Angela. She sipped her coffee, she looked so thoroughly exhausted. She barely attempted to cover up the fact she didn't get any sleep. Though that was mostly because she couldn't put in the effort on such low energy.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

Dallas pursed his lips tightly and ran his thumb along the length of his mouth.

"Oh," he said. "Well. That's okay. I mean, I was really worried and all, considering that you made an unstable teenage girl listen to a guy plead for his life while you tortured him to death in the background, but I mean...I guess it's okay, as long as you and John got to enter the dragon."

He tapped his chin against the headlight and looked up.

"You know, I didn't expect much out of you, Howlett. Honestly, I never have. Don't get drunk around kids, don't come reeling into my bedroom with Thumper still on your breath...there's not much of a moral compass I expect out of a guy who spent a year running around Louisiana wiping his with his tongue and going furry. It's you I expected more out of, Jules. I got a girl in there who's trying to live the first normal day of her entire life, who took a lifetime of abuse for each of us before the Phalanx, who looks up to you. I got a girl in there who is one of my lifelines. I don't have any siblings. I'm gonna die before I have kids. I don't get a 9 to 5 job or barbeques on Independence Day or some white picket fence. Card is my very. last. chance. to do something right in the world...in any world...and what have you two done to her? Fangs-with-Benefits thought it would be a good idea to wipe her mind, and she listened to you murder a begging man. I do not need you of all people influencing her to think it's okay to kill people as long as she doesn't have to hear their voices in her head." Dallas' eyes were blue, blue and hot as flame, and they sulked and blazed and hated with abandon. "Do you have any idea how furious I am right now?"

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Mysterious Priest

The priest bit into a jelly donut as he sat at the counter top in the Dunkin' Donuts.

"Oh my..."

IC: Marianne

Marianne didn't like donuts.

So what was she doing here?

Ah yes, the coffee.

She liked the coffee.

But still...

"Dunkin' Donuts"

"I never liked donuts," she said, turning to the Mysterious Priest. "What do you think of them?"

IC:

“You got it all wrong Cali,” Johnathan said. “He was out for cold blood, the Hand sent him, I don’t know if you heard that part. He was about to stab Julia, we were trying to find out why the **** he was attacking us. I also had no idea Kristen was listening in, he sliced the phone out of my hand. I don’t know what to tell you other then I’m sorry.”

“Yeah, I have a pretty good idea.” John said, not to happy about Dallas low blows. “We don’t have to stay if you want man.” John said not wanting to look Dallas in the eyes for what he’d said about his time as a lycan, to John it was out of line and had nothing to do with what happened.

"Its good to know my best friend never had any faith in me..."

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

IC: Julia

Julia avoided Dallas's infuriated gaze and ignored John. She felt her hands itch--right in those patches of scar tissue between her knuckles. When she looked up at him, she was smiling, and her pupils had narrowed to barely-visible slits.

"You know what, Dallas?"

She paused.

"I don't really think I give half a ######. Yes, I killed a man. Yes, he begged for his life. And you know what? You know what? It was ###### exhilarating. Everything about it. The blood. The stinging gash in my arm. The moment, right before his trachea caved in under my boot, when I saw the hope leave his eyes. I loved it."

She had been stepping towards him, and now she was close enough to smell his breath.

Edited by Zulu Yankee Kilo Echo
  • Upvote 1

67tlbk.png

IC:

Right away, Sierra knew that this would be difficult. She'd gotten Ashley alone and she had her words ready, but they refused to move from her thoughts and lungs. She stood in painful silence for a moment, staring at the floor. When she finally forced herself to talk, she feared that she had come across as brisk and uncaring at first. "Ashley... I haven't been honest with anyone here, and up until now, I didn't give a d***." She didn't let herself pause for fear of freezing again. "I knew that I wasn't meant to feel for others. It may seem strange, but I was raised to think of people as worthless and destructive. So I lied. A lot." She made herself look at Ashley for the first time. "I'm telling you this because I think that you're different, and I guess I want someone to know who I am before I..." Stuck again.

IC: Ashley

"Before...what?" Ashley asked, putting a hand on Sierra's shoulder, looking concerned. She could tell Sierra was scared, afraid to tell her whatever was on her mind. The way she was talking was making Ashley nervous, she had a bad feeling about it and was becoming more and more worried for Sierra. 

IC: The Mysterious Priest

"Donuts are deceitful and illusive pasties, that pretend to be perfectly round and either have holes where their hearts should be or are full of jelly." The priest explained nonchalantly, taking another bite.

"They are quite delicious though."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Marianne

Marianne nodded and shrugged, taking the Priest's slightly off whack explanation in stride. "I guess I never really liked sweet pastries in general. To each their own they say." She took a sip of coffee and took note of the shop's fellow patrons. A group of masked individuals at a table, four arguing teenagers by the door; nothing that big.

"I've always liked bagels with butter better. Or muffins."

IC:

Dallas searched Julia's eyes for a long moment, mouth betraying nothing, eyes betraying nothing...heart betraying him. I loved you. Three years and a hundred guys, and I still would have fallen on those ###### claws of yours. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

"No wonder I love Tali," he muttered, taking pleasure in each word. He pulled down his collar and withdrew several napkins, pushing them into Julia's hands. "Clean yourself up."

He took three steps back and ruffled his hair with a yawn.

"I got fifty bucks and a bad attitude," he drawled, pushing tousled black bangs away from his eyes. "You want in, John? Fine. But not a word of this to Card - and it never happens again. God, I need a donut. Way this morning's going so far I'm gonna need some kreme in my mouth."

His mouth twitched in an errant smile, and he winked knowingly at John before spinning on his heel to face the door again.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden
  • Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

John let out a sigh of relief when the tension ebbed after Dallas pushed the napkins at Julia and went inside. He glanced at his sister, "Thanks for sticking up for what we did. You sure you want to go in there now?" he asked her.

No killing around Card, or if she can hear it... check. Johnathan made a mental note to himself. "Though some doughnuts do sound good." he wasn't sure if Dallas was mad at him after the wink and the off-hand comment.

IC:

"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for too long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

The words were quiet, but some quality to them gave pause. Out of the corner of Julia's eyes another dark haired woman stood quietly, regarding her with an almost inscrutable countenance. That was how she always looked, really, but something was amiss; a quirk of the mouth, some indiscernible difference in the eyes? The cause was an enigma, but there was no mistaking the effect. Those heterochromatic eyes did not hold judgement or analysis, they didn't hold anger or resentment. The stoicism, for just a moment, was lifted.

What Julia found instead was almost worse. Those eyes held sympathy. They spoke of understanding and pity, a truth that only they shared. Rebekah Fell's hands were slipped into the pockets of her dark jeans, posture looser and more fluid than it almost seemed it had ever been."

"You were a hero. The Ultimates were a symbol of hope for many who didn't have it. You fought the impossible odds and you saved thousands. Not because of fame. Not because you enjoyed it. Because someone needed to. That one fact is impossible to understand. Why such a simple acknowledgement can grant the resolve to suffer through terrible things." The former Weapon continued without raising her voice, her gaze now averted from the other Ultimate. "That was who you all were."

"Take a look in the mirror. A good, long look. You won't find that person looking back. You'll find someone who enjoys the rush of taking someone else's life, who lives for that one moment of pure, undiluted satisfaction that revenge gives. If you look into the abyss, what will it see in you? Will it see the same thing that existed in the Enforcers? In Colonel Johnson?" She paused just a moment. "Would you see someone you can be proud of, or someone Julia would have locked away? Do you see someone that the person you cared about most would approve of?"

Rebekah turned in place, accompanied by what sounded almost like "I didn't", towards the door. The sleeve of her shirt lifted just enough to show a trace of an age-old mark on her shoulder before she pulled the door open and entered the shop. She walked without attracting attention, a fact helped by the purple glow that placed blue-colored contacts over her eyes, towards the table Kristen had chosen and she slid up behind Dallas without a word.

Silently she put an arm around his shoulders and squeezed.

• Upvote 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

"Oh crud, oh crud oh crud. Boss. There's a bunch of them super weirdos standing over there. Sounds like a soap opera or somethin'. We really should get outta here." The Incredible Hulk gestured to the crowd of super-powered people mulling around the Dunkin Donuts. Captain Allergen's eyes snapped open, and he turned away from his diary to stare at the assembly. "What, no these are my-" 

"Brothers!" He exclaimed as he dashed towards the mysterious looking priest, and embraced him in a big hug. "I too am a super-hero such as yourselves! I am so glad to make your acquaintance! Can I add you on my Myspace?"

bluefish.jpg

One Way,

One Truth,

One Life

IC:

"Maybe that's why we need a mission... need something to save so we're not killing ninjas who attack us in the streets." John muttered after Rebekah went inside. "We all have our demons Julia, Dallas was being to hard on you. Its okay, really." but to even him his words sounded hollow. Johnathan had lost himself after being a lycan, he'd been at that point where he had not wanted to look himself in the mirror without seeing a monster. But he was trying to come back from that now.