Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

By this time, the cops had put up a perimeter around the entire building; when the power blew, they activated several portable searchlights, beaming large circlets of light through the glass windows of Dunkin Donuts.

A pair, guns raised, moved to secure Cody and Hulk, detaining both just to be on the safe side.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Remus)

Remus, as the be-masked conner evidently became a human-sized electric battery, pulled back mid-tackle. She was not going to die in a random shoot out at a Dunkin Donuets when she'd lived for so long. No. She really would not. The sound of sirens, jackboots upon the pavement and shouted orders, as well as a lovely festival of blue and red lights heralded the arrival of the local police. Wasn't....that...lovely.

Remus ducked back down, hiding behind the counter once again. First, take stock of the situation, second, find a vulnerable target, rinse and repeat until crisis ended. Third, find bathroom. Transform into wolf. Get out of this madhouse.

It was, all in all, a solid plan. Pity she'd lost track of her list though.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

"STATIC SHOCK! NOOOOO!" shouted Captain Allergen in anguish as he saw Pikachu's demise. He whipped around, took out his can of pepperspray and sprayed it in Jonathan's eyes. "OPEN YOUR EYES- TO JUSTICE!! I WILL AVENGE YOU STATIC SHOCK!" 

Suddenly he noticed the police cars outside. "THE POLICE! FINALLY! They will assist me!" He began for the door, but remembered his previous encounters with the police, and how they had been Hydra agents in disguise. He paused, unsure of what to do.

bluefish.jpg

One Way,

One Truth,

One Life

IC (Cody Jackson)

#####! #####! #####! #####! #####! #####! #####! #####! #####! #####! #####! #####! #####! #####! #####!

They'd caught him. His suit was inside, under the table. In seconds, they'd get his face on camera, and then they'd splash it all over the 6 o'clock news. Vince Jackson's kid, taking down a guy outside a Dunkin' Donuts. This couldn't be happening, this couldn't happening...

He had one shot. If he could leap high enough and far enough, he could clear that police line and make a break for it. Bullets were fast, but...

I'm faster.

I have to be.

I'm Zephyr.

He felt the concrete push back against the soles of his sneakers, and then the wind was in his face, and he was flying...

IC (Remus)

Enough. Of. This. Remus moved forwards, out of her cover, and began to creep up behind the ignoramus who'd started this entire mess. A chokehold would be sufficient to knock him out. Cut off the oxygen, cut off the thought process and cut off this entire train of merry madness. That was a plan she could truly believe in, at this moment in time. In a few moments, she was behind him...

Now.

Remus rose behind the ringleader, attempting to snap her arms around his neck and end this entire parade of insanity.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Suddenly Hulk awoke with a groan. The thick foam his mask was made of had partially softened the ferocious blow that had been dealt to his head. He looked down, the street far below him. 

"Oh- I-- I can't believe it. I'm- I'm dead! That crazy knife lady killed me!"

He gazed up at the sky, and tears came to his eyes.

"The angels are taking me away! I didn't even believe in any of that stuff but... but I'm going to Heaven!"

MEANWHILE

Captain Allergen noticed the reflection of the woman creeping up behind him in the store window- he spun around spraying her in the face with his pepper spray! "THOUGHT YOU COULD SNEAK UP ON ME, EH? You villains have no honor or decency!"

Edited by Ichthys

bluefish.jpg

One Way,

One Truth,

One Life

IC (Remus)

Remus was no stranger to pain. She'd been stabbed through with spears, had arrowheads pulled from her shoulder without the benefits of this era's medicine, been shot at with muskets...if there was a weapon, she'd been hit or skimmed by it, at some point. It was luck, truly, that'd seen her live for the thousands of years she'd seen. The pepper spray was, whilst blinding and utter *pain* for her enhanced sense of smell....not exactly something that could stop her dead.

She lashed out at the ringleader, fists flying, she knew his position, she knew where he could move. And she still had her sense of hearing. And he wouldn't be expecting an attack. Fists to the midsection, legsweep and...maybe kick him a bit while he was down. Just a little.

She'd make this hurt just a little bit more then she had too come to think of it.

Edited by Basilisk

Captain Allergen took a blow to the chest that sent him stumbling back. He fell backwards through one of the Dunkin Donut's windows in a final burst of pepper spray.

Edited by Ichthys

bluefish.jpg

One Way,

One Truth,

One Life

IC: The Mysterious Priest

The Priest caught 'Rocko', and then crushed it with his bare hand. 

"You have no idea what you're getting into, do you?" He said rather casually as he watched the 'captain' crash through the window, but there was a grin on his face that could make the Red Skull shiver. 

IC: Ashley

Ashley grabbed Sierra into a hug. "Hey...hey....you're not a failure." 

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC (Remus)

And she couldn't see. He was gone though a window, it sounded like, and she couldn't see. No use in trying to fight him on ground she hadn't seen. She'd just flail around and...possibly get killed. The pain was getting worse too, come to think of it. Remus grimaced as she realized that. Ah. Adrenaline, a friend for the needy, but one far too quick to abandon those it aided. Remus, feeling her way back with palm and memory, attempted to find her way back into cover. This was not a good day. Not at all. Goodness, she needed water, the revolutionary realized. She'd seen a sink. It was just a matter of finding it....

Edited by Basilisk

Captain Allergen groggily stood up amidst the glass. He stopped and stared.

Rocko was fighting with that mysterious guy. He wasn't sure who was winning the fight but--

NO. NOT... NOT ROCKO! NOT ROCKO!

He roared and felt his power surge through him as he prepared to unleash it on Rocko's murderer. This didn't feel like a sneezing fit or a rash coming on, this felt like a... heart attack.

OOC: Somebody should stop Captain Allergen right here!

Edited by Ichthys

bluefish.jpg

One Way,

One Truth,

One Life

IC:

Johnathan stumbled towards the voices, he had good hearing, and an even better sense of smell. He ignored the pain as he stumbled towards Captain Allergen as he prepared to attack Priest.

"Shut the **** up!" he said as he threw a punch at the idiot's skull, using his metal hand for the blow, since it harder. Much harder.

IC: 

"HEY STOP!" An officer yelled as Cody made a run for it. The officers raised their weapons, and opened fire. 

The Priest, detecting the Captain's rather malicious intent, vanished before his eyes, only to reappear directly behind him. 

"Now now...that's just rude." The priest allowed Johnathan to do the fighting for now.

More officers were quick to rush to the scene, shouting for everyone to put their hands up. The Priest for one put his up without hesitation. "Officer thank goodness you've arrived!" 

Edited by Skitty

POW! 

In his anger and grief over losing his dearest friend, Rocko the brick, Captain Allergen didn't even know what hit him. He crumpled to the floor, unconscious... 

Elsewhere, Thor and Ironman had split up. Thor had stolen a bike and had pedaled off before the cops had arrived. Ironman had jumped into the black sedan that the group had arrived in and drove off. They had escaped.

bluefish.jpg

One Way,

One Truth,

One Life

IC:

John raised his hands after knocking Allergen out. He smirked to himself, feeling better for getting one good hit in after the guy had pepper sprayed him. He still couldn't see anything and his eyes burned like HeII.

"Officers, this man and his men tried to rob this place, steal my bike at gun-point, and one of them even opened fire. He pepper sprayed me in the eyes, I knocked him out, just doing my civic duty." Johnathan explained.

OOC: Well that's it for me guys, heading off to bed

• Upvote 1

OOC: I'm done too, but just so you guys know, my understanding is that the Hulk is in Zephyr's hands, and Zephyr just jumped really high- that's why Hulk thinks he's going to Heaven.

Edited by Ichthys

bluefish.jpg

One Way,

One Truth,

One Life

OOC Sorry Icthys, but Cody left Hulk on the ground. Too much extra weight. :c

IC (Cody Jackson)

The wind was in his face, and he was flying...

Flying.

He was Zephyr, master of the skies.

No one could catch him now.

Nothing could hurt him now.

BLAM

BLAM

BLAM

The pain wasn't as bad as he'd expected; it felt more like getting punched than anything. Like a heavyweight boxer with a vicious right hook, knocking your breath out. Cody felt his body buckle as the bullets hit, and then he was falling, falling...

He hit the ground, and heard someone cry out in pain. Was it him? It couldn't be - he wasn't hurt. There was a tiny corner of his mind that begged him to realize that yes, he was hurt, but everything else felt fine. He felt... good, actually, and vaguely aware of the sensation of warm sun on his skin; he could almost feel his cells drinking it in. Faster, faster, he coaxed them. Work harder, fix me up, I need to get out of here.

They didn't listen. They were just cells. His cells, but cells nonetheless. He was proud of them, really. Keeping him alive. 

Was he still breathing?

He tried to suck in air, but it was hard to tell if it worked. He was floating - yes! he was flying again! He could make it; he could still escape. Just a few more seconds, and he'd be home free. No one could stop him - he was Zephyr. No one... he was... going to make it out...

OOC: JK one last post before bed

IC:

Walking down the street Terrance suddenly saw cop cars and heard sirens up ahead. That was when he saw some man wearing an Thor mask tear a bicycle away from an innocent man before peddling away on it.

"Hey! That isn't your bike!" Terrance shouted before he began to change the rider.

IC:

"Hey! That isn't your bike!" 

"Thou jestest not, thou whimpering poltroon!" Thor said in character.

He wasn't sure what a poltroon was, but he knew it was an insult. With that, he put the pedal to the metal and sped away. This had been a crazy day, and he just wanted to go home and go to bed.

Back at the Dunkin' Donuts, Hulk lay on the ground, dreaming that he was flying.

Edited by Ichthys

bluefish.jpg

One Way,

One Truth,

One Life

Ic: Kristen Hailey (Chapter 3, One thing leads to another):

The narrator decided he can't deal with this right now, so I'm going to do his job for him.

Hi.

Kristen Hailey. Mutant, High school student, Lesbian, amputee, mass murderer, psychopath, abuse victim, orphan, hopeless lover... You know, typical eighteen-year-old stuff.

Oh, that's not typical? Hm. Oh well. Before we get to the meat of things, allow me to indulge you all into a recap of what you've missed while not in my head. There was chapter one, "the part were everything went wrong". That was a year ago. Chapter two was "Can't stop". Aka the part where I dealt with the voices in my head, got a bit more used to being a woman, got rid of my abusive ex, had every vampire in the world have interests in me and I contemplated suicide. Now we're here in chapter three! Welcome.

I had more or less cleared out the voices in my head thanks to a vampire who formerly hated me and might have the hots for me. I had gotten Dallas to teach me how to drive. I had woken up, almost had a panic attack, and then me and Dallas went out and taught me how to drive. I confessed my crush on him. Then we went for donuts. This is all before noon by the way. We get to a Dunkin donuts, John and Julia (<3 as well) apparently kill someone, and Dalad sent me to get seats while he presumable chewed them out for it. Dunkin donuts is filled with a group of weird-looming super hero types, a priest looking dude, and some other people. Dallas finishes chewing them out, comes in, sits down, and his hugged by Rebekah who did her usual "appearing-out-of-nowhere" trick.

That's where everything went to .

A fight broke out between nearly everybody, and I watched as everything began to slow down. Time bubble. Dallas' doing. So from our perspective things are starting to wrap up. Someone turned into nothing but electricity. The cops had shown up and were firing at someone. I felt a bit sick inside. You know. Typical teenager stuff. It still isn't typical? Hm... Well, it still wasn't noon yet as I watched things play out in slo-mo, hands balling into fists and then relaxing. Again and again. At least is didn't have voices egging me on to doing something really stupid. I also felt... Sad. I remember silently begging to not have a breakdown in the middle of this madness.

I also remember folding my arms as I began to shake, trying to find my internal happy place.

I also remember realizing that I didn't have one.

"... There's never going to be just a regular, normal day, is there?" I asked, closing my eyes and taking deep breaths as I tried not to have another mothering breakdown for the whatever day in a row.

It was still the morning. I had woken up only a couple of hours ago. Up until we got to the Dunkin Donuts, it looked like it was going to be a regular day.

Well, considering how things normally goes, I guess it was a regular day so far.

I remember tears welling up in my eyes, the muscles behind them growing weaker than a Chinese dam as the water prepared to pour out on my face like Noah's flood was about to happen again.

And my English teacher told me I could never use descriptive language. Suck on that teach (ps, not you Chilly-Lilli, the former English teacher).

Edited by Landes'Rehn

IC:

When the world went to helI, Rebekah had difficulty deciding why. When the world slowed down she didn't have to think about it. The extra thoughts per second the dilation permitted her were invaluable, as her contacts vanished in a flash of violet and her eyes panned the scene. Every detail was noted, every movement registered. She could see the flow of battle as easily as another might see the flow of water. 

When bullets began flying, and cops began to arrive, things became more complicated. 

The former Weapon shoved Dallas low into the booth, out of the line of sight and behind cover, and glanced to Kristen to ensure that she was satisfactorily low. Sure that she was Rebekah released her grip on Dallas-

And time returned to normal. In the same moment, her mind disengaged a lock. Every weapon has a safety and in that moment she unlocked hers. The limits on her muscles removed she surged forward, a rapidly moving shape in the chaos; she moved first towards the kitchen, where Remus was still stumbling about, trying to find the sink. She had seen the revolutionary hit with the pepper spray earlier. Without pausing she scooped the ancient off her feet, hauled her the rest of the way to the kitchen, and deposited her in front of the sink. One hand pushed hers toward the faucet and the other pressed a newly materialized kevlar vest against her chest. 

She didn't pause long enough for a reaction. In an instant she was ducking behind the counter, a few feet away, and looking around the side. Original enemies had been neutralized, but she'd seen the glider shot down. Still in need of aid. 

Heart rate within tolerable levels. Just need a few seconds to rest...

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Take the gun, aim at the cops, pull the trigger once or twice. Make your own ending.

I will not die in a Dunkin Donuts.

You'd like to.

I will not die in a Dunkin Donuts.

You're about to 

There are people who need me.

You fled from a thousand worlds to be here, and outran everything good about yourself along the way. You're no X-Men. You're no hero. You're no person. You don't sing anymore. You never draw. When's the last time you picked up a baseball? HeII, you're not even Dallas anymore.

I need to watch Card pass her driver's test, ask out a girl, walk her to an altar. I need to tell Rebekah I care. Pretzel sticks, she loves pretzel sticks. I need to prove that Chilly Lilli thinks I'm hot after all. John...John...even John, I need to have a drink with John. I need to hold Rene. I need to tell Tali...

Tali always knew you would end up like this.

...I need to tell Tali so many things.

I need to go home. I need to punch Alec in the face for leaving us here to rot, I need to go see what's left of San Francisco, I need dogs and kids and a white picket fence. I need to feel real sun on my skin again, taste real air, be a real boy.

Then, when he was done, he could be Dallas Green again and die, smiling, with something real to smile for. 

He turned to Card, under the booth, and a flippant smile stretched across his face.

"I gotta go make sure Bekah doesn't kill herself doing something gallant." He pushed half his donut into Card's mouth and wiped the tears away from her eyes with both thumbs. "If you feel like following me, or doing something heroic, just take a bite of that. You're one of the only people here who hasn't done something wrong. Whatever else happens...you'll get back to school fine. Stay put."

Then he winked, blew a kiss, and leaped over the booth on his race to Bekah Fell.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Hey priest..." John whispered to the man he smelled next to him. His scent had changed positions quite suddenly a few moments ago, first being in front of Captain Allergen and then behind him in a matter of seconds. That lead Johnathan to believe he had some sort of mutant power that was good at moving from place to place.

"You think you can get us out of here? I'll be in your debt." Johnathan really didn't want to get detained because of this. He hadn't done anything wrong, but he didn't trust the police. Not at all, and he was pretty sure Dallas, Rebekah and Kristen had no choice but to leave him here. He could already smell Dallas and Rebekah getting father away.

IC:

The criminal on the bicycle was too fast. Terrance stopped running, breathing hard as he mentally kicked himself. That was when a large drop of blood landed on the ground by his feet. He glanced up at the sky, to see what appeared to be a superhuman floating through the air, blood falling down from what appeared to be bullet wounds.

"Hey! You alright up there? I got some first aid in my apartment not too far away!" he cupped his hands and shouted at Zephyr, he decided helping this wounded mutant was probably better then tracking down a mask wearing bike thief.

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

IC: Kristen Hailey (Chapter Three, One thing leads to another):

After losing consciousness for a few moments after he blew a kiss at me, I was about to sit up- Before taking a bite out of the donut. Chocolate cake. Frosted only on the top. Sprinkles.

I remained lying back on the seat, looking up at the ceiling and wistfully wanting to do something.

I took another bite of the donut.

IC:

"Hah...Calc. Right. That class I was definitely planning on going to next period." Dallas half-grinned and looked up at Sakuya, smiling back. "Actually...only reason I came - well, one of two reasons - I wanted to know what you liked to eat. If you want to do dinner tonight."

"Oh," Sakuya spoke. Remembering that Dallas had invited her to dinner the other night. "Well I haven't had good Italian, in quite a while, do you happen to know a place?" This was really nice of him, and a very small bit of pink appeared on cheeks before she forced it down.

Dallas' smile grew to a real grin and he looked down, closing his book and pocketing his iPod.

"I think I know a couple," he replied. "I'll scout out Yelp tonight and see what I feel like. I'll...pick you up in the courtyard at 5?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Remus)

Remus felt someone picking her up, felt a vest (Kevlar?) pressed against her chest and shortly after, as water cascaded over her abused eyes, she realized she'd just made a new friend, or more realistically, acquired a new debt. The immortal revolution blinked as the pain receded to tolerable levels, and her vision started to clear. Now....police outside, people just beyond the kitchen...she really couldn't take the risk of being identified at this point, yet she had no desire to leave whoever had aided her to their fate, whatever it might be. She had their scent at least, but if they left, they'd still be albeit impossible to find.

For a normal person, this'd be something of a quandary, a catch-22 as it were. A normal person could not become a rather large, white wolf however. Unless everyone on the planet was an insanely good actor at least. Moments later, a wolf or, perhaps, to the civilian eye, a tame wolf hound, if the the air freshener hung around it's neck (pinefresh!) was any indication, trotted out of the kitchen, nostrils flaring as it caught what seemed to be an interesting scent. 

Edited by Basilisk

IC: (Sakuya)

"Alright, I'll see you then. Should I dig through my closet for some formal wear?" Sakuya chuckled. It was a light bit of teasing about this dinner "date". She liked Dallas, he was a fun guy similar interests. He wasn't sure if him and the girl sitting next to him earlier were friends or something more. She didn't like assuming anything, so she stopped making assumptions, but either way he was treating her to a dinner. She was excited for this, because Dallas was really fun and nice, was the only person who wasn't irritated or afraid of her. Heck, he came looking for her so he could ask where she wanted to go, that and she realized they hadn't gotten each other's number yet, so she pulled out her phone. "We should exchange numbers, forgot to do this last time." 

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

"Yeah, you're right. Hope you have a long distance plan. This is a California number." He casually wiggled a medium-sized corner off the page of a rattier-looking textbook and scribbled nine digits quickly with a sharp pencil. He grinned up at Sakuya and slid it over.

"Gotta guard it with your life, though. Great power, great responsibility, blahblahblah."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Rebekah was not having a good day.

The number of cops outside was not at all small, a number that had only swelled the instant they realized that supers were involved. She gave it five minutes before the SWAT team showed up with what anti-mutant gear they still had laying around. If all else failed, she thought she could probably perform an armed breakthrough. She just needed to disrupt their ranks. That said, she really, really didn't want to.

So she ducked back behind the counter, violet and crimson glows encompassing her eyes as she called a pistol to her hand- Only to see a wolf. She new her canines, and that was a wolf. A large, white wolf trotting out of the kitchen with an... Air freshener around its neck? Even for an Ultimate, that was weird. There hadn't been a wolf in there earlier. She had literally just been there. Only one conclusion could be drawn, but she didn't have time to ponder that.

Until she did, she would call it Ghost.

A moment later, she was aware that another entity was charging towards her location. Sometimes she really wished Dallas Green knew when to run.

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: By the way, Captain Allergen is lying on the ground outside Dunkin' Donuts. You guys can decide what happens to him. He'll probably be out cold for awhile.

bluefish.jpg

One Way,

One Truth,

One Life

IC: The darkness vanished. This wasn't some slow effect, like the sun rising over the plain of the dreamscape. No, the darkness vanished, almost with a whoosh as it receded across the sky, condensing into a single orb high in the sky.

"He's leaving," Quincy said, and then with more urgency, "He can't leave!"

Tali was about to ask why he couldn't when the forest started to fall apart. Piece by piece the trees decomposed, in a line coming closer and closer to the campfire- and them. Her breath caught in her throat, but Quincy was more collected, focusing and spreading her hands wide. "This is still my mind, you . You can't just close it after you leave."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: U! Julia

When Julia felt like she had gotten far enough away from the Dunkin' Donuts brawl, she parked the bike, clambered up onto the roof of a small auto shop nearby, and sat with her back against an air conditioning unit. She popped her claws and looked at them numbly. What had she become?

"No wonder I love Tali."

Dallas's words wouldn't stop running through her head. She wanted to be mad at him for that, but she realized he was right. She had been so caught up in trying to be his girlfriend that she hadn't realized how important he was to her as a friend.

The worst part? She hadn't lied. Killing the ninja had given her some sort of sick thrill, a kind that she suspected John was familiar with. She couldn't let Kristen see this side of her. Yes, she realized, she did care about Kristen's well-being, and not just because of Dallas.

She retrieved the napkins from her pocket and starting wiping the blood from her arm.

• Upvote 1

67tlbk.png

"Hmm...." The priest looked at John, the cops surrounding the area, the guns trained on both of them, and then just shrugged his shoulders. 

"I'm afraid I don't see a way out of this just yet."