Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

"Sure you are, dear." The former Weapon commented, barely keeping a hint of laughter out of her voice. Rebekah had set herself up in a seat with a multitude of food containers arrayed around her, one container of pretzel sticks in her hand and the largest soda size she could possible have ordered in the other. After taking a large slurp, she paused to answer again.

"That most certainly is talent."

IC:

Brooklyn smiled softly and finished off her next two pretzel sticks in short order, but all the same it was clear something had begun to bother her.

She didn't voice it for another five minutes or so, while the couple watched people flit in, out, and around the food court; she feigned amazement at a giant Chik'Fil'A cow walking around, and the girls took a selfie with it, but afterwards she quieted again and started to nibble at an eclair. Finally she could feel it about to burst from her: "Why are we here?"

Bekah turned to look at her, and opened her mouth to speak, but Brooklyn kept talking first.

"I could have spent the rest of my life with you in Italy. The people at the markets knew us by name. We were practicing with swords, running with each other at dawn, we had Netflix and dessert and each other and God, it was all I ever wanted. But...I come back one day ready to make some pizza, and I find you packing like your life depends on it. I didn't say anything about it for the rest of the week, I didn't say anything on the plane, and I haven't said anything since we landed Stateside, but...why? What are we running from? Or to?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

What is with this girl

Does she have brain damage now

Why is she still here

Morrison was slightly dumbstruck by the fact that Nicole just waved at him, rather than glaring back or trying to kidnap Dallas or do some other stupid thing like that, so he just turned at started poking Dallas's arm with a non-inked claw, trying to get the man's attention.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:

My kitsune is cockblocking me GODDAMN IT MORRISON WE'RE CLOSER THAN THIS

"What is it, champ?" he asked, ruffling Morrison's fur to keep up appearances.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Morrison didn't worry at all about keeping up appearances and instead began to write on a piece of paper again for Dallas to see:

Nicole is right behind you and I feel like she's getting ready to murder Sakuya or kidnap her or kidnap you or something and I need a source of flame on the double.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:

"Wow! That is one talented fox," Dallas said, trying not to massage his temples and instead crumpling up the message before anyone could read it. "Alright, bud. Take it easy. We'll find you something in a sec."

IC:

"--first time Lynae and I fought was over this warrior bard. At least, I called him a warrior bard. He was James, but sooner or later he let me start calling him Jaime. We bumped into him in London; Lynae was getting groomed to run the coven and I was getting lady wood for Sid Vicious. When I found him, I pretended I only spoke Italian. Turns out, for a warrior-bard, he didn't know a lot about foreign languages, but he know how to say 'make' and 'love.' And that was...heh...all I needed to hear."

"Leon? Leon! It's story time!"

She looked over in sideways disapproval at Leon, patiently waiting for him to finish squeezing his own eyeballs and stop shaking.

"Doesn't matter now. We're here." Jenna rustled around some loose change in her hand and looked up, yawning, at the apartment building. "You're sure this is where you smelled the sorcery?"

-Tyler
  • Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Leon)

"Where I smelled-" Leon cut off his incoming indignant tirade. It'd get him nothing except possibly another 'story'. "Let's just say yes." Leon took a few precious, stolen moments to massage his temples and attempt to ward off the incoming migraine. "So. From the...stories..." Leon paused to apologize mentally to every other story written or said for the grievous insult, "Your sister resented you for not blindly following her every whim and letting her literally, suck the social life right outta you? Is that about right?" Leon shook his head. "So uh. Why did you jump out of a window and leave me to face an angry Chilean general and his bodyguards to see her again?"

"Couldn't just steal a blood pendant and keep it, could I? Jeez."

"We had a contract!"

"Birthdays are a contract all their own."

"And it was a claw! Not a pendant! He didn't care about the blood pendant! At all! He was just saying so when you jumped out the window!"

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC (Outside Xavier Institute)

A nondescript black car, like a million other cars really, pulled up in front of the Institute's lawn. Without a word, four figures emerged from the car, one was an elderly man, barely able to handle the heavy wooden case he held and swaddled in a old, white jalabiyyah. The other figures, clad in black trench-coats, red under shirts and dress pants to match their coats, closed into a triangle around the the older man. This man, having made a long journey, scarcely believed it was over. "This...is where...?" The broken, heavily accented English trailed off as his recently learned vocabulary failed him and quit the field in disgrace. 

One of the legionnaires beside him nodded. "Yes. This is where he is." For a moment the legionnaire hesitated, watching the old man struggle with his cargo. "We could carry that for yo-"

"Non." The man waved the offer off. "I will....bear this."  Slowly, ever-so slowly, the group made their way to the door. The second legionnaire, fresh from their Chinese operations, knocked upon the door thrice. Silently, she waited for an answer. And went over their mission, just in case she'd forgotten something. They were to deliver a sword, finely crafted, to one Dallas Green. As an apology for what he had endured after being kidnapped by.....what had been the Imperator's exact words again? The most inept spy in the sordid, sad history of inept spies? Something like that. 

OOC: As discussed, Tyler. 

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC (The Doc)

A minute, perhaps, passed before the door opened, revealing a professionally dressed woman wearing a dark gray business suit. Her eyes flickered from the old man to each of his companions, to the car in which they had arrived, and back. Though not particularly tall, she somehow seemed to fill the doorway.

"Good afternoon, gentlemen. May I help you?"

IC (Legionnaires)

The lead Legionnaire clicked her heels together and mustered a quick salute, more out of reflex then any need for it. "Greetings m'am. We're hear on behalf of our employer. We come bearing a gift...." She gestured at the elderly Libyan man's case. "For one of your students. A Mr. Green I believe. Our employer feels the meeting happened in less then ideal circumstances and wishes to make amends. He also hopes this gift will prevent such circumstances from arising again."

IC (The Doc)

The woman raised her an eyebrow, but could find no reason to deny them entrance. Stranger things had arrived at the doors of the Institute than a small party with a box. She nodded briskly.

"Very well. Please come in. I'll fetch Mr. Green presently."

IC:

"Well, guess we'll never know. I'm not going back to Chile for another lifetime or so." Jenna clicked her boots together and looked up impatiently at the highrise. "Look, if you've got that real of a grudge about the whole window thing...let me make it up to you."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: (Alistair, Shop)

"We were discussing the item you so carelessly nearly killed us all with." The British scholar commented dryly, his posture much more relaxed than it had been moments before. Nevertheless an air of caution persisted about Alistair as he idly slipped his hands into his pockets. 

"And yes, such items are... Dangerous." He commented to Lucia. "Rarely is it possible to know if they're safer contained or destroyed."

IC: (Alex, Car)

"Well, I think that's enough of that line of thought." A slight chuckle followed the statement as the technopath maneuvered the car around a corner. "You said you wanted to find seafood, right?"

IC: (Rebekah, Mall)

"Alaric vanished after Las Vegas." For the first time in months, maybe a year, Rebekah Fell's demeanor was completely serious. Her hands abandoned her food, instead weaving themselves together on the table in front of her. "He made it back to the Institute, looked after it for about a day, and then vanished. Setting the rumors about what happened to him aside, he left not a trace of where he went."

"He disappeared from the face of the Earth for a very, very long time. I have a few resources left, and I told them all to be watchful. Still nothing turned up. I didn't pursue the matter much further. I trusted him to look after himself, and I had you. We went to Italy. I could have stayed there my whole life too, Brooklyn."

She gestured to the setting around her, violet eyes panning over it briefly. "There's nothing for me here. No anchors, no links to a past. All there is here is a place still wracked by conflicts that I have long since worked to remove myself from. Italy had everything I needed."

"Then things started to turn up again. Activities, people, things that managed to draw attention from even half a world away, if you knew what to see. Then Ric called. He sent those invitations, and I did a little looking into the group behind them. And the more I saw, the more I didn't like it." She paused. "I think he's in trouble, Brook. Over his head in the way he's so good at getting into."

"I want to help him. Then, Brook, we can go home and as far as I'm concerned forget this whole country ever existed."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Jesika (Xavier Institute)

”Hey who's at the door do they have cookies are they selling us cookies cause if they've got nothing to do with giving us and/or selling us baked pieces of goodness at a reasonable price then we don't want none of what they've got.”

Edited by Gravity
  • Upvote 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: just to remind myself he exists

IC: Peter

Peter sighed. "What is with all the projects..." He had given out an assignment a while back and was now taking it in. ... To say that none of the students gave a would be an understatement.

"If only all my classes were like the one I have in second block..."

Somebody was at the door. He started heading there but by the time he got to the door, Doctor Thomas and... Jesika? Whoever she was, they were there. Shrugging, Peter went on his way.

IC:

Brooklyn was quiet for a long time, and sighed sadly.

"Look...Bekah, I...you're a good girlfriend. You're the best girlfriend, and there's nothing on this planet I love more than you." She mustered up a half-smile and flicked her final pretzel stick without enthusiasm. "Traffic on the 405 on the way to see Mom? I can live with that. I was a captive in a Canadian death camp. I can live with that. For months, we couldn't sleep together because you were scared to be anywhere but under a window - which, by the way, wouldn't do you a lot of good if anyone lobbed a projectile through the window - but I could live with that. I live with everything...and I still get out of bed every morning, and I smile, and I can still put down four milkshakes in a sitting as well as any girl. Because if I don't...because I've gotta live. I'm not gonna let something trivial like...my big brother being a Sith Lord...be what breaks me." She reached across the table and held Rebekah's hand.

"But he is my big brother. You should've told me."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Captain Allergen lay on the pavement outside Dunkin' Donuts. The cops had ignored his body and when the area was clear, Thor and Ironman had swung by in their sedan and picked up his unconscious body. They brought him back to his home and lay him in bed with an ice-pack on his head.

bluefish.jpg

One Way,

One Truth,

One Life

IC (Lucia)

Lucia blinked once. Twice. "I...who asks that? You nearly killed all of us with it and now,...you want to keep it? I..." Lucia was aware that the standards of polite conduct had changed in this time. She was also aware that by any time's standards the request was utterly insane. A small part of her couldn't shake the feeling she was missing something, but the rest of her was trying to get a grip on the illogical request. And failing.

IC (Remus)

Without so much as a growl, bark or any other of the limited vocalizations she could make in this form, trotted to the girl's side, doing her level best to keep low and out of the path of any other bullets that may decide to fly. Her hide was tough, yes, but all the tough hide and life experience in the world did remarkably little to stop a bullet.

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

Sierra was quiet for a moment, a terrible realization settling on her.

She clung to her mother's leg tightly, her fragile heart beating wildly as though a small bird was trapped inside her ribs. At seven years old, she had already developed an affinity for small creatures like the cat before her. Only this one was dead. To a child who did not know humankind's suffering, it seemed like the worst tragedy imaginable. Her mother just shook her head at the mutilated animal and knelt down to her oldest child.

"I told you that meddling with wildlife was a bad idea. You only have yourself to blame for this, you know." Sierra whimpered and hid her face. "I didn't mean to..." she sobbed quietly. Her mother sighed and took her hand, examining the thin cut on her palm. "Stop that pathetic crying and look here." she said sharply, pulling her daughter's chin up to look her in the eyes. Stern blue met scared lavender. "You loved and took care of this cat, right?" Sierra nodded apprehensively. "Look at what happened. It was so stupid that it didn't even know not to scratch the hand that provided for it." Her mother chuckled. "If you ask me, both of you had it coming." Sierra gasped, hurt by her mothers harsh words. "What did I do?"

"You made yourself vulnerable to something that you loved. Don't go it again."

"Ashley... I have to go, now."

IC: Dante (Lucia's Shop, Talking)

"Well, the way I figure, if that thing has so much power it could be useful later on." Dante reasoned, "After all, what's to stop us from just throwing it an adversary after opening it, leave him with the mess. Not to mention it shouldn't too deadly if you can close the book, and it's basically just a glorified illusion."

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: (Alistair)

The historian stared at Dante for a moment before pinching the bridge of his nose and sighing. "Forgive him, he knows not what he says."

IC: (U. Rebekah)

"Hey there." The Ultimate said calmly, patting the wolf's head once absentmindedly with the hand that wasn't holding a sidearm. She was remarkably unconcerned by the fact that she had just patted a wolf, but her attention was diverted elsewhere. Specifically to the crowd of police officer gathered outside of the Dunkin Donuts that she was crouching behind the counter of.

"Don't suppose you've got any great ideas."

IC: (Rebekah)

"I know." The former Weapon looked down sheepishly, the angle keeping her eyes from view. She fidgeted slightly, clasping her hands in her lap. "I know I should have, and I don't have an excuse for not telling you. I was worried. Worried that you'd try to keep me from going after them, worried that I might talk myself out of it... More the latter, to be honest."

"I spent so long trying to get away from here, all the fights and conflicts, that I was worried if I admitted that it wasn't a vacation I'd stop. I didn't want to come back. I don't. I was happy in Italy. You helped me learn not to be afraid, but this place reminds me why I was afraid." She paused, looking up. "Except it's worse. Because I'm not just worried about me anymore."

"If this goes as badly as it might, I'll be tangling with a group called the Hellfire Club. I'm scared for both of us."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC (Lucia)

Lucia, still plainly trying to come to terms with the situation, stumbled through her next sentence. "He....is....forgiven?" The sorceress wasn't certain if she was awed by the boy's naivete, disgusted by his request or if she should simply buy Alistair something nice. Having to travel with someone who had that sort of....regard...for dangerous types of magic must have been taxing. Gifts, if the commercials had not lied to her, were good at treating emotional problems. In this day and age at least. It made little sense to her.  

IC (Remus)

Remus, determined to not be taken aback by....being patted....(who patted a wolf anyway? Or wolfhound. The fact she'd wanted to be mistaken for something less threatening then a wolf was not relevant. Or so she insisted.) simply cocked her head to the side and did her best to look like a confused dog. The assault upon her dignity could be forgiven considering what the girl had done for her. If her brother somehow got a hold of this, she would simply have to destroy the tapes, the pictures and possibly hamstring the photographer. Measured responses were key to this sort of thing.

IC:

"Alright, Bekah, don't sweat it." Dallas, fingers quick as ever, had snagged a box of munchkins on the way and popped one in his mouth after grinning at Bekah. "I call thish one Operation: Protect Ya Neck - holy , thish ish chocolatey - because it follows the first two verses of the Wu-Tang Clan classic - oh my god is my jaw cramping - similarly named Protect Ya Neck."

"I...do not understand," Rebekah Fell confessed.

"...Seriously? It's in, like, every X-Men playbook. Here, I'll start it off and you finish it:

I smoke on the mic like Smokin' Joe Frasiah

The heII raisah, raisin' heII with the flavah

Terrorize the jam like troops from Pak-i-stan

Swingin' through town like yah neighourhood Spiiiiiidah-Man!

And now take over!"

"This does not sound like a plan I'm comfortable with," Rebekah Fell confessed.

"Well. It appears I'm taking point on Operation: Protect Ya Neck. I'm glad Ol' Dirty isn't alive to see this day."

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: The Mysterious Priest 

"You'll have to forgive me..." The priest said suddenly. Before John could ask what he meant, he found himself flying toward the two officers as the Priest shoved him. 

Just keep them busy~ The Priest vanished, before reappearing just inside the Dunkin' Donuts. (That's how it's actually spelled.) 

The officers meanwhile had John pinned to the ground, and were cuffing him. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Warren used to have like four Guns 'n' Roses CDs in his car," Brooklyn offered with a weak grin. "Guns 'n' Roses sounds kinda threatening, too, and look at them."

She slowly started to giggle.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Remus)

Remus couldn't stop herself from blinking. This, if she was reading the cues and body language right, was their leader and fine singing voice aside, he hadn't offered much of a plan beyond a title and reducing the donut population of the building by a small amount. 

Remus settled for tilting her head. Again.

When one was a wolf and wished to keep their cover, one had limited options.

IC (Alecto)

Alecto shifted uneasily, moving weight from one foot to the other. "So I'd really like to get out of here as soon as possible. Y'know, I worked hard to get my hair looking this good. And the lighting in here is just ." Plus it he never liked sticking around the room after a ritual. Gave him the creeps and possibly maybe some nightmares. He paused for a moment. Tilting his head. "And you're kinda in front of the door there champ."

IC:

"..." Slowly, almost unbelieving, the raven-haired woman looked up again. Rebekah Fell cocked her head, staring at the slowly giggle Carlisle opposite her. Hesitantly a faint smile worked its way back onto her face, though her hands didn't move from her lap.

"... I suppose that's a little true."

IC:

"That's not a plan. That's barely a concept." The former Weapon stated, poking her head up over the counter to get a good look at what was going on outside of her hideout. Apparently John had been caught outside; saving him would be difficult. Kristen was still crouched in the booth, looking like she was trying to retreat to a happier place. Dallas was beside her being thoroughly unhelpful. Julia was long gone.

And contrary to what Dallas Green had said, it looked like it was going to fall to her to get everyone out in one piece.Her eyes swept over the crowd outside before ducking back down, a plan already formulating in her head. She spotted four cruisers and nine cops, with more probably on the way. She didn't intend to wait that long.

"I've got a better plan. It's called Operation Diversion."

"What a mood killer."

"I'm going to draw their attention. You slow down time and grab Kristen and John, he'll be free in a minute, and get out. Take Ghost with you," At this she patted the wolf's head one more time, glancing at the canine understandingly. "And I'll meet up with you later."

The Ultimate didn't wait for another response, instead springing to her feet and using the movement to send her up and over the counter. Her enhancements kicked in instantly as she hit the ground, covering the distance to the blown out window in a matter of moments. The dark blur hurled herself through it, tackling both officers off of John as she soared, using one of the unfortunate men to break her fall and transition into a somersault. Neither would suffer any real injury, she was careful of that. Rebekah didn't linger long in their midst, just long enough for them to take note of her, before she broke into a dead run again leaving behind only a single word; "Tag."

Naturally, these movements attracted attention and caused several of Westchester's finest to break off in pursuit. Rounds pinged against the pavement to her left and right, but her erratic movements and the speed at which they were performed kept them from reaching their mark.

She had, until she was sure the others had had enough time escape, two objectives; keep the officers behind her busy, and keep her heart beating within safe parameters. She hadn't gotten all of them to pursue, but she should have diverted enough to make Dallas' job feasible.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"And what about, like, Slayer? Or Anthrax? The Airborne Toxic Event? They all sound pretty deadly. But they're just bands too! If we looked for Hellfire Club in an FYE store somewhere I'm, like, positive we'd find a greatest hits CD or something."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Johnathan

"Prick," John muttered as the priest shoved him forward, only to get him tackled and cuffed. That's about when Bekah sprang over head, tacking the officers before leading them away on a merry chase.

"God she's got style." Johnathan said, hoping you know who would swoop in and save his sorry ***.

"Dallas wherever you are bro, you are forever my hero."