Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

"A lot of stuff kills you," he shrugged. "How does that song go? Whatever kills me makes me feel alive?" he said, he'd missed the transaction between Kristen and the Mysterious Thief Priest.

"Anyway, I'll catch you later." he said as he turned and then began to walk down the street, heading towards a nearby bank. Johnathan had a sudden and for once, unselfish idea.

IC: U! Julia

Julia tried to avoid looking at John. She didn't dislike him all that much personally--sure, he was a little thick from time to time, but he meant well. No, she avoided him because for every second she spent in his presence, she was reminded of their fight with the Hand's assassin. Every time that image crossed her mind, she loathed herself more and more.

"Well," she said, hopping on the bike once John had taken off. "let's bounce."

67tlbk.png

IC: Ashley

Sierra was distracted with a single vine, which gave Ashley an opportunity. While Sierra ripped the one vine rather effortlessly, more vines came from all directions, trying to wrap around whatever part of the wolf they could in order to subdue her. All she needed to do was tire Sierra out, hopefully before Ashley tired out instead. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Jesika (Ult.)

Footsteps, felt but not heard, reverberated through the floor as Jesika approached with careful, if somewhat annoyed, strides. Alright, so it was an apartment, and the soundproofing wasn't all that stellar, but still. No, she didn't have to worry about homicidal robots here, but at this point she was committed.

And she would have preferred homicidal robots, cause at least it would be socially acceptable for her to start punching the problem.

Jesika brought her hand up to the door, and knocked twice.

"Hey, you summoning a demon or something in there, cause it's really freaking loud."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Alecto)

Alecto groaned. Irate neighbors was most definitely something he did not need right now. That chamber had been *soundproofed* he had specifically *requested* that when he'd bought the condo. Someone hadn't done their job clearly, which meant someone was going to get themselves a nice heaping stack of legal notices once he dealt with this and summoned the will to get off the couch. 

Right.

Cover story. He needed a cover story. Turned the volume on the TV up too high. That was always a favorite. Now, he didn't feel up to shouting. But on the other hand, he'd have to let someone into his condo to avoid shouting. He wasn't feeling keen on that right now. On the other other hand, he'd have to get up off the couch to talk to them through the door. That made the choice easier.

"It's open!"

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

The girl sighed, and drew a palm down her face as she heard the muffled words seep out from the door. That, in addition to the unintelligible murmur that normally signified a TV show or music with the volume set to "Yes I feel like being deaf, why?" levels.

You've got to be kidding me.

Ah well, guess it was time to meet the neighbors. At least she'd be able to short circuit whatever it was that could be heard a floor up. And so, Jesika turned the handle and pushed open the door.

"Y'know you're not the only one in the building, ri-"

She immedaitely stopped dead as she entered the condo. Bat wings draped over a couch did that. Human-sized ones. Attached to an actual human.

"Oh."

"Alright then."

Edited by Gravity
  • Upvote 2

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Alecto)

Alecto turned his head on it's side, blowing a few stray strands of hair out of the of his one open eye, he took in the sight of the next in the long line of angry neighbor's he'd seen in his life. Probably just a rich kid whose 'rents had paid their way through coll-Nope.

Well that was unexpected. Most unexpected. Not every day a cyborg walks into your room.

An actual cyborg.

Cybernetics. Bio-mechanics. Wings. 

"Yeah. Alright then. So, Madame Cylon, what were you here to complain about? My sound system? I'm not apologizing for that. Ever. My wallet however....well, it was very very sorry for awhile. I think it was sorry enough to count for both of us."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Jesika (Ult.

Madame Cylon? Really? Haven't even finished the last season come on.

"Fine, whatever, not like I had anything better to do than listen to sitcoms through the floor," she brushed her previous annoyance off, it being replaced with the fact that she wasn't the only mutant camping out around here. And he had been right below her. "But what happened to you, Batboy, loose a bet? Get dumped? Or do nocturnal habits just come with... those?"

Edited by Gravity
  • Upvote 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Alecto)

Alecto opened his other eye and briefly considered sitting up, but the brain cells who'd put that motion forward were quickly shouted down and outvoted and then disposed of in a military coup. One of Alecto's characteristic smirks however, did appear briefly.

Batboy eh? A fellow player in the game. Excellent. "Well, I don't want you to keep the Borg Cube waiting on my account soooooo....." He trailed off for a moment. "Let's just say I did a favor for a someone that didn't work out too well for me." There. That was nice and vague...technically true granted, but vague. "And I do hang upside down sometimes. If that's what you mean." And he'd figured out how to drink coffee whilst doing so, point of pride that. "So, you have an insatiable lust to assimilate the world? Here on a mission from Skynet? Or did Dr. Frankenstein finally update his act?"

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

"Open up in there!" a voice called from outside Alecto's apartment. "We've heard reports of child sorcery! Not in the creepy way or anything, we just...you're on Dateline NB...no, no, they won't buy that...we have a battering ram!"

"Jenna, no we don't."

Jenna put a confident hand on the back of Leon's neck.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Leon)

Leon froze. He knew where this was going. There was only one way this could end and dear gods below and above, he wished he didn't know it. There was a certain level of comfort to be found in blissful ignorance, even if one was about to be crushed by an onrushing train. Or used as a human...or rather vampire, battering ram.

To his shame, he whimpered. Slightly. Just below the human range of hearing.

IC (Alecto)

Alecto groaned again. It almost sounded like the mercenary was in actual physical pain. How on earth did these people keep getting past Watchbeast? He was normally really good about keeping the riff-raff out. But today, it seemed, was just the day when all security decided decided that he hadn't suffered enough and shut down.

Well. Nothing for it. He wasn't going to get off this couch, his thoughts were quite clear on that.

And he already had a cyborg in the room. What was more insanity? Alecto craned his neck towards the door, ever-so-slightly, blew another stray strand of hair out of his eyes and sighed.

"It's open!"

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Colette started humming the 1812 Overture, picking Quincy's body up and putting it in the wreckage of Lynae's car. She pulled her gun out, aiming it at the gas tank and pulled the trigger three times. No explosion, but the gasoline started to leak out– and it burst into flames as a lit match falling from Colette's hand hit it.

"And there we go. Evidence, gone."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"See? It's open." Jenna dropped Leon back onto his feet and patted his shoulder twice reassuringly. "Give it time. After your first century, your head'll be used to breaking . Like a...what are those things you get from opening pickle jars...calluses!"

She stopped short of the doorway and looked inside. "Are you human, by chance?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Jesika turned at the sound of voices outside of the apartment, one eyebrow raised in curiosity. Mostly from what was actually being said from the other side of the door. She was about to ask Batboy, who was still semi-catatonic on the couch, whether they were friends of his, when he pretty much answered it himself.

"Uuuh, mostly?" Jesika replied to the head that poked its way in through the opened door.

Ha, mostly. Didn't she wish she took the time to put on something else this morning.

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Alecto)

"At least a quarter bat." Alecto's tone was sleepy, somewhat removed from the conversation. "Human where it counts though. Now then, Indiana Jane? Shortstop? What is all this about sorcery and battering rams?" Alecto's signature smirk was back now, looking just slightly out of place on an otherwise tired face. His eyes, however, one might notice, were practically glittering.

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

"Lesson one, Leon. It's always a good idea to check and see if you're gonna need to squeeze an invitation out of someone. It's not as as you may think. I mean, you could always lay siege to the place...why an invitation when a couple newspapers flung at super speed could bust down the door for you...but vampiric law dictates an invitation. Lorenzo nearly got himself pinched for it in the 70s...anyway, a few exceptions: werewolf homes? Free reign, you can walk in and out no problem. Same with a human you're sleeping with, but as soon as her Facebook status changes to 'single' you should be out the door. Hotels, RVs, apartments...kind of a grey area. Play 'em by ear." She looked at Alecto, and then back at Leon, and took a step inside.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Leon)

So. That was it then. The lessons she'd promised were actually happening now. He was torn between relief and fear. It....was a feeling one got used to around Jenna. Quite quickly. It was alot to mull over, in truth. Vampiric law was a thing, for one, he hadn't quite realized that...and evidently, there were people capable of enforcing it. He nodded at the end of Jenna's small lecture and stepped in behind her. Wondering, not for the first time, if this was going to end with a sorcerer tossing them both of the window.

Hm. Jenna had said 'her'. He'd need to ask if it changed based on gender, the idea didn't make much sense to him, but then, based on what he'd just heard, vampiric law probably regulated it down to the last detail.

IC (Alecto)

Alecto actually lifted his head up for a fraction of a second, as the two vampires walked into the condo. He'd overheard the conversation, would have been quite the feat not too, all things considered. Cyborgs. Vampires. All he'd need now was a smooth-talking space pirate and he'd have the complete 'my life has gone insane' collection. That had to be worth something.

A free trip to the asylum maybe. Wouldn't that be something?

"O-kay then. Ground rules. No getting blood on my floor. It's a nice floor. Second, the soundproofing on this apartment sucks harder then you after a nice long fast, so don't get any funny ideas. I'd still bet on the doorman against you. He's a scrapper." 

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Jesika (Ult.)

"Uh, what?"

"Vampric Law?"

She turned her gaze to Alecto, who had a rather disturbing glint in his eyes that meshed surprisingly well with the smirk playing across his otherwise tired features.  Wow, he actually managed to lift his head somewhat, impressive.  Wordlessly, Jesika shot a questioning look over to Alecto.  Alright, fine, sure she was kinda a cyborg, and he did have bat wings, but they weren't really vampires.

Right?

She was right wasn't she?

Her apartment couldn't get any weirder right?  It just wasn't physically possible.

• Upvote 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Alecto)

"Three vampires in just a few days. New York seems thick with them all the sudden." Alecto said in response to Madame Cylon's questioning glance. He then shifted his half-amused, half- contemptuous gaze towards the vampires once more. "So what's the story? You having a fang-shining convention? Getting together to do each others hair? Blood tasting convention? Word to the wise. Go light on the cheese. I know you all love to compare it to wine-but it really really isn't. And laaaaast I checked blood and mold didn't mix all that well." He eyed Jenna again. "Oh. I'm too late. I hope the medication does it's job." 

IC:

As Jonathan made his way down his street he pulled out a worn black Vans wallet to check his funds.

"SONAVUH ****!" his shout was so loud it was possibly heard around the city.

A few minutes later and John had calmed down. If she needs money that bad to steal it then she can have it. He thought, unsure if it was Kristen or the Priest who stole his hundred bucks.

It honestly didn't really matter, not with what John had in mind anyway. He walked up to the Bank of America before going inside. He waited in line patiently before going up to the teller and pulling out an ID and Debit-card he'd found in the old John's room.

"Hi, I'd like to pull funds from my savings account." he told the woman. He wasn't sure how much John had in his savings account, but he knew Logan wouldn't have left the earth without putting away some money for his son to live off of.

The woman discreetly turned the screen so John could see how much was in the account. John grinned. "I'll take a check." he smiled.

About two hours later and John was standing in the parking lot of a nicely furbished motorcycle dealership. He squatted by a fairly new silver and black Yamaha. "I think she'll like this." John muttered to himself. The bike was much knew and sleeker then Logan's old Harley that Johnathan had now come to ride, the bike Julia was currently riding around while she was borrowing it.

"I'll take it." Johnathan told the dealer who stood next to him.

Forty-five minutes later after signing paper-work and the mundane proceedings Johnathan pulled up into the Institute on the new bike. He parked the Yamaha in the garage before leaving a note taped to the side.

For Jules. From John.  It was a simple note, but still he thought it would get the point across. He left the keys in his pocket, deciding to give them to Julia only.

He then pulled out his cell. Hey Jules when you get back to the school I have a surprise waiting for you. I don't think you'll miss it.

Then he texted Dallas. You ight Cali?

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

IC:

Jenna looked up sharply.

"Three?"

IC:

Good news: Bekah is cuddly! Good news: I'm alive! Good news: Tali is coming. Bad news: Bekah will kill me for saying that. Bad news: Not for long. Bad news: 'For long' < Tali's arrival time.

You out free?

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Alecto)

"Yeah. Three. Unless you know someone else who'd be drinking blood in a Buffalo Wild Wings. I mean, sure, people have their....kinks, but in public? I don't think so." Alecto closed one of his eyes, keeping the other trained on the vampires. "Ya got a point to all this or is this just how you amuse yourself after a few centuries of immortality?" 

IC: Siegfried stared, semi-nostalgically, at the ever looming silhouette of Stark Tower. It had been quite some time since he had last been here, but all things considered, he was looking forward to returning. Siegfried took a deep breath, exhaled, then strode in the front door.

As he made his way to the front desk, Siegfried cut a glance at the first camera he could find, and shot it a wide grin, along with a small wave.

• Upvote 1

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC (Cynegild Picker - Flashback):

Counting Cynegild, there were now five making for the coordinates, directed by a bald, sharp-eyed man who had introduced himself as Saif Kipsefu back in Zurich. Cynegild might have had the coordinates, but it was the merc who told him when to take cover, when to trust that the coast was clear, and when to dash for all he was worth from one hiding spot to the next. They saw more patrols, all yellow-garbed cultists with antique rifles, but they did not open fire, for fear that the report of their guns would draw more of the monsters to them. Instead, another mercenary, a grim-faced woman of Asian descent, drew a weapon Cynegild had not expected to see on a modern battlefield - a crossbow. Loading a bolt that looked oddly bulky to Picker's eyes, she sighted on a man in the middle of the nearest patrol. Silence reigned as she took in a breath, let it out, and fired. Too fast to see, the bolt flew across the street, and buried itself in the cultist's chest; he staggered, looking down in surprise as his yellow robes turned to crimson. He sank to his knees, hands grasping weakly for the shaft that pierced his heart.

And then he exploded.

At once, the windows of a nearby building burst outwards as another of the winged shadows buzzed angrily from its hiding place - but without the sounds of gunfire, and with the team safely behind cover, it had no easy target to vent its rage. Instead, the monstrous beast flew around the site of the blast, the manner of its flight reminding Cynegild more of a wasp than of anything near its size. Though it flew several times around the intersection, it kept coming back to the blackened, blood-spattered concrete, as though it expected someone to step forth from the ashes and proclaim their guilt. Several times it flew perilously close to the overturned car behind which the team sheltered, and the buzz of its wings was near deafening, but still it did not find them. After some time of this fruitless search, the monster let out a terrible wail, a shrill cry that promised bloody vengeance, and flew away into the city. When the sound of its flight died away, the team moved on once more.

Very soon, it became clear that a large futbol stadium within the city was the site to which Chausiku's tracker was directing them, and, as the team neared one of the entrances, Cynegild signaled the mercenaries to a halt in a shadowed corner outside of the building.

“Alright,” he whispered, “if everything was done properly, this should be a major ritual site. Expect unarmed civilians, more than enough guards, and probably some kind of altar with a dash of human sacrifice. You know what to do, so don’t waste any time getting about it.”

• Upvote 1

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:

Marlon Brando Barton was no superhuman.

But by Christ, he could sprint like one.

"SIEGFRIEEEED!" he boomed out loud before he was even out of the elevator. As soon as the doors hissed open, he was hustling through the lobby towards the half-Asgardian, arms outstretched.

He almost made the name sound like the engines of a jet, and the spread-eagle posture added to the effect.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Yeah I'm back at the school just chilling. I bought Julia her own bike too. Hopefully she'll like it, don't tell her tho. You sure you don't want me to go steal and armored-truck and come pick you up?

IC:

Quinn stared as the vines began to snag the girl who'd transformed into the hairy-bat winged beast. "Does this happen a lot?" he asked the other girl, staying on guard in case she broke free.

• Upvote 1

IC:

uhhh . nah, i think tali might be here in a minute. by the time you get here we'll be dead or gone. if you want to put in an order for two cheese pizzas + breadsticks + cinnamon sticks, bekah + i are going to have a 'at least WE didn't abandon each other' to die party. we can spare you some slices. also if you ever loved me buy some beer

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

I'll buy us some pizza and beer. A lot of beer. Johnathan sent back. He then pulled out his phone before calling a local pizza point that he remembered Dallas liking. Once the order was in for two large cheese pizzas, bread-sticks and some cinnamon sticks.

"By the time the pizza guy gets here, I'll be back." John said to himself as he climbed onto his present to Julia started the engine before taking off towards the closest store to buy some brews.

IC (Remus)

She might die in a Dunkin' Donuts. Or to be more accurate, huddled against the side of a car outside of a Dunkin' Donuts. She had survived at least three thousand years of war, one hundred and sixteen separate revolutions she could think of off the top of her head and she might die at a Dunkin Donuts. As a rule, Remus had never believed in any sort of god, goddess or genderless all powerful being. The idea had gone against the very fabric of her being.

However.

Her current situation was making her seriously consider the idea of a god. A cruel one. With an ironic sense of humor. 

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Siegfried's grin only widened as he simultaneously winced; It was pretty much always good to see Brando, but the man's ability to produce sound at such volumes made Siegfried question if there wasn't some Cassidy blood in there somewhere.

This did not stop Siegfried from reciprocating the embrace in classic enthusiastic Asgardian fashion (read: bone-crunching.)

"Brando Barton! You are a sight for sore eyes!" Siegfried exclaimed.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC:

god in heaven i longed for your chiseled frame

Uh.

Heh.

"Me? Look at you, huh?" Brando (oh so reluctantly) released his Asgardian mancrush teammate and shrugged out his shoulders. Even at 6'3 and 210 of muscle himself, he had never once looked at Siegfried and not felt completely dwarfed. "You look...Jesus. Avengers Assemble, yeah? Welcome back!"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME