Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

"Then you're halfway to Spaceballs. I watched it for the first time with Ric and now it's my Bible."

IC:

"You're being sneaky," he said, wagging a reproachful muffin at her.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"Come in," said a soft voice from inside.

IC:

"What good reason?" Dallas asked, looking out of the kitchenette with hardset eyes.

IC:

"Well, you will tonight," Brooklyn assured Bekah, snaking her arm through her girlfriend's. "Promise."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Lucia)

Lucia slowly realized just what Dante had said. "A...glorified...illusion." She said the words slowly, as if trying to get her head around the statement. "....Did....you not hear..." Lucia closed her eyes and struggled, visibly, to contain herself. "That was quite real I assure you. The danger was real. This book is not a toy. Not a weapon. The only reason it still exists is because I fear burning it may unleash whatever power is contained within! For all I know, using it may even give it more power. Which, considering what it has used...it's powers for so far is not good. Repeat after me. Not good."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Julia

Julia cautiously opened the door and stepped inside. She was greeted by a child's bedroom--Dallas's, she guessed. Three of the walls were painted blue, but the one she faced as she entered was purple, and in the center, Dallas lay there, facing the purple wall. She nearly tripped over a blue drum decorated with garish hot-rod flame patterns as she approached him.

"Uh...hi."

67tlbk.png

IC (Alecto)

Alecto, with visible reluctance, stopped pouring vodka down his throat. "So. You two....know each other?" That was something. Another coincidence in a day that seemed to be full of them. He was tired from the ritual, exhausted from rejection and now the vampire he has half-sure had been angling on taking advantage of a past victim of abuse had walked right into his apartment.

And the snarky cyborg, someone who, at least, made for interesting conversation knew her. With a sigh, Alecto poured out a shot of vodka and downed it in one motion. 

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Jesika (Ult.)

"Uh-"  Jesika thought quickly

"No, no, not really I mean we kinda met once before but otherwise..."

She glanced back over to Ashlynn, and her near-panic gaze (fortunately unseen by Batboy) pretty much said it all.  "We uh, went to the same highschool."

Right, they had normal highschools here.  That was something that people did.

Right?

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

"Hey," Dallas said quietly, lacing his fingers through the short layer of hair on the sides of his head and turning with the upper half of his body. "How is Alex? We haven't talked since we fought at Five Guys Tuesday. I've...been worried."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"Alex?" said Julia. "He says he doesn't think you get what he went through, but it seems like he's willing to try and help you--and help everyone--understand."

Her eyes idly scanned the room, noting all the items scattered across the floor.

"And honestly, I'd be more worried about you. What really happened? I mean...if you don't mind me asking."

67tlbk.png

IC:

"I don't. It's in the past." Dallas' eyes flew open and he stood up from his room, kicking aside a baseball glove and wrapping his legs around a bedpost. "I painted this room myself, you know. When I was...Christ, I only could've been seven or eight. Dad told me my eye color would make the whole room pop, and the more I painted the more I thought he was right...but when I went back to grab some ham sandwiches Mom was making, I saw it. Big bucket of purple paint, I can't even remember what we were painting purple...but the second I looked at it, it felt like nothing in my life was going to be right until I painted something with it. I told the new kid I didn't remember a thing...but that I remember, Jules. Nicole...whatever she used on me..."

Dallas Green's mouth folded backwards, and his teeth scraped along his bottom scraped backwards.

"...she made it feel right. It's easier to just lie than to handle all the bro-fives." Straddling the memory of his childhood bed, he might have looked eight years old again - cute and contrite, as if he were confessing to a crime instead of victimhood. "My mom told me it was weird. One purple wall and all, even though I could stare at it for hours and do more thinking than I could hanging out in front of all the other walls combined. For about a year, she always told me it was okay to be out there, but that it might damage the home's resell value if we left the guest bedroom looking like it did. I begged her a dozen times to let me keep it, and she caved each time...but one time she wouldn't cave, and I had to repaint the entire wall. I cried all night, and most of the next day. It was the only time in my life I ever thought I'd cry so hard. And then I came to Westchester."

He tried smiling. Smiling used to work.

"Alex saved a universe. Ash lost herself to the Phoenix, and John...John lost himself to himself. Even you...you're so beautiful, and you're funny, and you've been my friend longer than any of them. And you walked around with a bomb in your head for months, being treated worse than a slave...and where was I, Jules? Getting ###### in a Barnes & Noble?" Dallas' eyes were close to tears now. "What's wrong with me, Julia? Why can't I do it, why can't I just file it away like you all did? What kind of teammate can I be when I can't kill or fight or hate? How am I supposed to think of John and Matt and Ric and you, and then still be selfish enough to wake up at midnight, sweating and shaking over Nicole? How awful am I that I can call that suffering?"

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Julia wrapped her arms around her abdomen and stared at the floor, completely at a loss. The silence persisted for a long time while she searched for the right words.

"You aren't awful," she said finally. "God, Dallas, you're one of the nicest people I know."

She sat next to him on the bed.

"You shouldn't feel bad for letting what Nicole did affect you. She raped you, for Christ's sake. We've all suffered, and we all have different ways of dealing with it. Having a hard time putting something like that behind you doesn't make you a bad person."

67tlbk.png

IC:

"I wish it did, you know?" he asked quietly, staring at his first guitar, standing crooked against the doorway. "I wish I could be...I thought about it, after I heard about John. I tried crying for him, praying for him, laughing about it, but I didn't remember how to do any of 'em - or, like, it felt like I was doing them wrong. So sooner or later I just went into his room, found his stash of weed, and rolled up. Might have been the first time anyone was even in his room since he...left. I turned on his XBox, and he still had that outdated- game of Black Ops in the disc drive, so I played some multiplayer for a while and smoked and thought about...just...why. We knew him. Or maybe we thought we knew him, but he was John, and he suffered, and...was that it? Whatever he was doing in that skyscraper...had he just found a way to turn it off, do you think? Alex locked himself in the basement for a year, and when we heard about John I had to walk to the drink machine to keep from screaming and Alex just...read a nursery rhyme. What about him? Is he right? Who was worse, John for doing what he had to do for turning it off, or Alex for not caring? That was all I could think, watching Ashley...it was so bad, I started just trying to shut myself down. All of it."

He could feel Julia's sadness, and her fear, but there was comfort in the second wave of anguish, as if it could get no worse from here.

"All of it... have I ever told you what it's like, being an empath? Being in all these old classrooms, hearing people talk, hearing people remember...everything I do these days doesn't feel like me. It feels like there's some of Hank in there, and there's Ashlynn, and when I run laps Abbas will breeze by me, and I can't be on the football field without hearing Matt yell to me and when I smoke I see John, and Ric's always in his classroom pretending he doesn't see us Googling answers...Shawn, even Shawn, Jules. This school is soaked in them. But Nicole...for the longest time, I woke up and all I saw was Nicole. After John died...that went okay. What am I supposed to make of that? Does that mean I found a way past it? Do I just not care anymore? Why am I the one who can't watch her get the beaten out of her when I got raped?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Tera let the aerokinetic get a grip on her arm; it was much preferably to letting her fall over, and it let the pacifist steady her more easily. She cast her gaze around the area, looking for the route they'd taken to get to where they were. It had been a while since she'd been in this area of New York, and she never really learned the layout.

"Anyone remember how to get back?"

IC:

"Concern." The Ultimate answered, electing not to talk around the reason for her presence. "Directed towards mental, emotional, and physically safety. You've been behaving far outside the normal range of your tendencies since we got back. Rapid departure. Brusque attitude towards Kristen. Extended time before answering the door."

"You have a bad tendency to disguise your problems. If being sneaky is what's required to help you, I will do so without remorse."

IC:

"I hope I manage to understand it after we watch it."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Aella

"Ummmm...." I looked around, all I saw was all the amazing things I'd never seen before...like the houses...and the even taller houses, the sky, the birds, the roads, the cat...

Cat!? I pointed at said creature, but the moment I did it sprinted off into the dark alley nearby. I couldn't remember ever seeing a cat before, yet I knew what it was.

"Tera...we should follow that cat...maybe it knows the way." At least I hoped so, cause I had no idea where we were. 

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Siegfried noted the momentary demeanor change, but chose not to follow up on it. Whatever it was, it could wait.

"How very true." Siegfried replied. "Admittedly, I stacked my plate with a bit more than I could handle in any reasonable period. But I'm here now, so I can make up for lost time, no?"

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC:

"Sunday?" he asked. "We'll sit down, watch the Patriots game, eat some ravioli and mousse cake. Nat's had battle plans drawn up for months. I think she's been reading Sun Tzu."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: "If nothing else, the man knew what he was talking about as far as strategy." A sagely nod, followed by a chuckle. "Sunday sounds fine, provided no world ending crises rear their ugly heads." Siegfried half joked.

IC:

“Sounds good to me.” Quinn said.

IC:

“We’ve met before.” Ashlynn nodded her head.

Uh, what she said highschool.” Ashynn smiled weakly. “I haven’t been a vampire for very long, only a year.”

IC:

“I’m tired of waiting,” Johnathan grabs a slice of pizza and starts to munch on it.

Julia hugged her knees to her chest.

"Beleive me, Dallas," she said. "what you're describing--reveling in the suffering of someone who wronged you--it's not as fulfilling as you think. In Canada, there was nothing I wanted more than to see that Colonel 's blood spill. I wanted to be there when he died. I...I wanted to see the look in his eyes as he watched his life's work fall apart."

Her tone was flat, but Dallas would no doubt feel the weight of the sorrow she was suppressing. Her hands tightened into fists and her bone claws poked through her fingertips, digging into her palms.

"When I found out he'd been killed in the chaos of the breakout, I just felt...empty. I'd spent so long nursing that grudge, and all the energy I'd put into my hatred just...drained away the moment I learned of his death. You don't know how much I'd give to have that energy back--to use it for something less petty and wasteful."

Edited by Zulu Yankee Kilo Echo

67tlbk.png

IC (Alecto)

"I'm pretty sure I had a more convincing lie ready for mom when she noticed all the cookies were gone. Again. Improv isn't your strong suit, is it Snow?" Alecto raised his right eyebrow slightly, watching in interest as the duo's story became less convincing by the second. "Any minute now, I expect to find the the sentence 'the sky is green' more credible then this high-school story. You *do* realize I saw fangtastic over here at the wild wing's with other X-Men right?"

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Jesika

To be completely honest, Jesika was too struck by the fact that Ash was a vampire as well to even attempt to run damage control for her hastily thought up highschool fantasy. Was there anyone here that wasn't a vampire? Seriously. Did she seriously get dropped into the one universe where being a vampire was the norm?

Five minutes ago she was still debating their upgrade from teen novel status to real world, let alone considering that someone from her home was one.

"You, a vampire?" The girl asked Ashlynn incredulously, before simply shaking her head and slouching back up against the couch, defeated.

Was she going to turn out to be a vampire, too, she just didn't know it yet?

"I might need some of that, Batboy."

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Alecto)

"Ya don't say." Alecto poured out another shot glass and slide it down the counter, in Jesika's general direction. Yeah, she'd still have to walk a bit to get to it, but he was staying right in the kitchenette thank you very much. He eyed the vampire, but soon switched his gaze back to Madame Cylon. "So. You know the X-Men. You've got enough tech in you to make the Borg jealous....and you, along with Bloodrayne here, are my neighbors....why, oh why, do I suspect my life is about to get interesting in the Chinese sense?" 

IC:

Remember everything awful she had ever said about Red Skull choosing the world's only neutral continent as HYDRA's nucleus?

Yeah. Ophelia Sarkissian took it back. The closer the clock ticked to H-Day -  HYDRA Day to Schmidt, ###### Day to most of the chain of command, and Howard Day to Howard Stark - the more comfortable she felt nestled against the South Pole. She had taken to cursing calendars in her sleep as of late. The thought of travel made her want to spit in something's face. She would even - and this no longer shamed her as it once would have - taken to zoning out at briefings, to prevent any slips of the tongue. In the past fortnight, the Red Skull had to clean up two - good men (well, good bad men) who had served since the downfall of Jean Grey, men who helped plot New York, men whom Sarkissian had known half her life. That they would publicly decry the Red Skull did not speak well of his plan, but he only saw the callousness, not the caution, and when the time had come, Sarkissian was HYDRA, she was the best, and they had been derided as traitors. She had looked them in the eyes, though, and even though she'd made it quick she could not force down the twist in her gut.

Evil was supposed to be better than this. Even Howard Stark thought so.

"The talk is that the Skull wants to lead the lance into New York himself," he'd said to her that morning, while they walked out to the tarmac. "I hope it's true. My throat gets dry doing speeches."

That's because it was fused to your suit when we found you. "We can have the techs look in to it."

"Why? Saves me the speeches."

Sarkissian fought the urge to do something as juvenile as roll her eyes. 

"Remember what I told you," she instructed. "The Red Skull is mission commander and he is our leader, but if you see the men faltering--"

"--falter with them." Sometimes she wished Stark could smile. It made the implicit sneer in his voice less unpleasant. "Yeah. Okay. No problems on that end."

"And if he dies..."

"...mouth to mouth won't be in his future. Yes. Yes. Yes. I understand."

She spun around on her heel and put herself directly in Stark's path, the winter wind blowing against her hoods, and the multiple layers she'd wrapped around herself for the trip outside.

"We need what symbols we have, Stark. If you fall, and the Skull's plan fails, we lose our leverage. All our leverage. Alive, you're important, but dead...you're just dead. I would have hoped you'd find us preferable."

"Us. You are worried about me." The threat of a human cadence had crept into Howard Stark's voice, and he leaned on his robotic leg for support. His voice smiled, and she huffed in irritation, but there was only one cold plume of breath between them. "Well. Even Darth Vader once looked like Hayden Christensen, right?"

That was enough, and too close to the bone. Whoever had been letting Howard Stark into the Hydra rec room was going to be detained within the hour. "You're dead," she reminded him. "Your programming leaves no room for delusions of grandeur, rash decisions in the field, or defiance of concrete logic. And it should have left no room for insolence."

On any human, Stark's look would have been a smirk, and the whirring of his techno-organic eye - like a camera's shutter - would have been a wink. They both turned to leave at the same time.

"Hey, Ophelia!" When she craned her neck behind her, Iron Man was  pointing his finger guns at her and pacing backwards down the tarmac. "You have yourself a happy Howard Day, now."

He held up his right arm over his head like an antenna, and she could hear music pumping through the input/output system they'd installed near his right ear...but the way Stark marched, fist in the air like a knife as he waltzed into the cold, could almost pass for a mockery of the HYDRA salute.

January 1st, 2015
New York, NY
2:12 AM

With all the glows and noise keeping New York afloat through the New Year, people could hardly be blamed for not noticing Stark Tower shutting down.

Internally, things became much more hectic, much quicker. Brando Barton and Siegfried Thorson's elevator skidded to a halt between floors, the loud grinding of metal on metal making even the two notoriously hammy Avengers wince in pain; the lighting, so sure, flickered and faded with a dull hum that died soon after. They were both effectively stuck. 

Tasha, the lone Stark in the Tower, had been monitoring security footage of her teammates downstairs when the cameras flickered and JARVIS' voice took on the same droopy, dead tone as the elevator. Normally, the building's arc reactor would have kicked in after seconds in case of a blackout, but this time there was no such luck - which could only be explained if the arc reactor itself, hidden even deeper in the citadel that was Stark Tower, was being tampered with...

With the Avengers all trapped and blind in the same building, the rest of the plan went like clockwork.

2:20 AM.

Even in the sea of lights and sounds since the ball dropped, everyone noticed the ball rising.

​Hissing hydraulically in its ascension, the ball rose and rose, turning back the clock over two hours, and whatever TV cameras were still in the city swiveled towards Times Square. They may even have cast their own glow on the ball...if the ornament, the further it crept back up, were not slowly taking on a scarlet tone. When the ball finally clicked back into the place it had sat at 11:59 PM the previous year, it was glowing the same color, all around - with the exception of nine squares in two grid of pale blue, the rest of the Times Square Ball was red as ruby. Red as blood.

Red as a Skull.

For once, there was no speech - there had been a speech alongside the Sleepers, and a speech alongside the Helicarrier strike, but the veterans of the Battle of New York remembered that there had been no speech heralding the first, fateful attack on New York...and there was no speech now. The Skull, hovering over Times Square, smiled grimly. It was an ugly look, leering over an occasion that had been merry and hopeful minutes before.

From the skies, they came; the exo-suits, the unmanned drones, the snipers in windows of tourist attractions or people who had gotten elevated just above the throngs of partiers. One man had been wearing an Elmo suit, and tore out the chest to reveal a suicide bomb wrapped amidst the red fluff.

Below the Red Skull, across the famous Coke sign that hung over Times Square, the image of the iconic soda flickered; the script lettering doubled back and rearranged itself in cursive loops.

6 0 : 0 0 : 0 05 9 : 5 9 : 0 95 9 : 5 9 : 0 85 9 : 5 9 : 0 75 9 : 5 9 : 0 65 9: 5 9 : 0 5

What happened at the end of the hour was anyone's guess...but far to the south of New York, at the head of an empty conference table, one woman twirled her hair around a finger and hoped no one would never know.

OOC: 

This is it, gang! About two weeks overdue, I know, but things came up, got a bit delayed, came up again, and I had myself a few cases of writers block. But here we go! The Second (and final) Battle of New York is in your hands. Red Skull is looking to paint the town red (yuk yuk yuk) this New Year's, but for now he's a no-show at his own party - and so is Howard Stark, undead Avenger at large. Where are they while all this is going on? Good question, but for now assume they're yet to reveal themselves...and that, while you may have the numerical advantage, HYDRA has surprise, exo-suits, drones, and a lot of innocent people to massacre by the time SHIELD gets there and the Avengers can get a read on Stark Tower.

So! Have fun, play smart, play fair, and if you want me to RP any NPCs for your characters in particular, let me know. 

-Tyler
Edited by Tyler Durden
  • Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Romulus)

For the first time since he'd butchered his clone in the beast's own office, Romulus felt compelled to make us of the Hellfire Manor's intercom system. Normally he preferred face to face meetings and the like. There was no time for a such a luxury now. "Attention. Attention. New York is under attack. I will be deploying my forces to her defense. Anyone who wishes to stand beside me is welcome as a comrade and fellow warrior....as for those of you who wish to emulate the small, scurrying mammals from which we all come, I do hope, for your sake you have your tunnels dug and ready." With that, Romulus clicked off his desk's built in speaker. Rising from behind his desk, he strode out of his office, pausing only to speak to Thistledown. "If you would kindly alert my garden keepers, it would be much appreciated." 

Thistledown only gave a short, grim nod. Before digging into her desk and withdrawing a single blood-red cellphone. "I'll have the paperwork filed immediately." 

Orders had already been sent to the Legion, to their hidden places within the city, their safe houses and barracks. The city was to be considered a war zone until further notice. Objectives, in order, were the defense of the city population, legionnaire safe houses and civilian civic centers, and the complete decimation of all attacking forces. They had, of course, been informed that their Imperator would soon be leading them personally into the battle. He was done working within the shadows. The Brotherhood of the Yellow Sign had learned this lesson and now it seemed, HYDRA's time had come as well. Moving quickly, with the natural speed that came to a veteran of a thousand thousand wars in times of great tumult, Romulus reached his destination. Hidden away, behind guards and coded doors, was his armory. One of them at least. 

And within it was enough collective firepower and blades to take over some small countries. The true centerpiece however, was his armor. Not the roman affair he wore for light duties, but his own lovingly designed suit if powered armor. Modeled on the Lorica Segmentata of his beloved Roman legions, this blank-faced, expensive piece of armor was perhaps, one of the most modern piece of equipment fielded by the legion. The sweeping red cape was of course...a personal touch. One must allow oneself some small indulgences after all. Within moments, Romulus had swapped out his formal wear for the armored embrace of his armor. A Barrett XM500, a USP45  and his ruby-hilted Gladius completed the ensemble.

The legionnaires posted at the manor would be rallying outside, awaiting him. Only a small detachment would be left behind for defensive purposes, as he rather doubted his erstwhile comrades in the Hellfire Club would be stripping their own security forces from the manor to defend the city. Just a hunch on his part, but a good one. 

To arms then.

Romulus turned about and left the armory.

IC (Borte Khan, Saphine Mark)

Borte Khan silently cursed herself for spending more time at the Hellfire Manor then her own offices. There was a rather nice system of bunkers built beneath all Manduhai Incorporated facilities. Nothing for it however. Tapping into the speaker function of her computer, she opened up the frequencies of all GoldPoint forces within the city. The guards, the elites, anyone who could listen.

"Borte Khan here. New York is threatened once more. Our intelligence indicates HYDRA has deployed their forces against the city, centering on Times Square and emitting outward. Your orders are as follows. Secure all facilities, direct all staff to safety zones and if at all possible assist in the evacuation and defense of the city. Consider our own facilities to be open resources. Direct all civilians and wounded you find to these locations if evacuation is untenable or unwise. Your section chiefs will decide upon the specifics of each strategy, bearing these objectives in mind. Good luck. Be safe. Make HYDRA pay. Borte Khan out."

With that, she ended the transmission and rotated her chair to face her ever-present bodyguard, Saphine Mark. "I presume you will be wanting revenge for your last encounter with HYDRA?"

Saphine cocked her head and slowly nodded. "Who doesn't like revenge boss? What kinda question is that?"

Borte Khan raised her eyebrow. "Revenge is a fool's game. That said, do be careful. I have invested far too much in you to lose you now. You'll find three squads waiting for your orders outside the office. Do not waste them."

One could practically feel the vampiric hired gun's smirk through her tone of voice. "Be careful now boss. People might actually start to think you can feel, you keep on like this." 

Khan didn't react, she simply shifted her eyes down to her paperwork, and continued to fill it out as if HYDRA wasn't running amok through the city. "Good hunting Ms. Mark."

"Hope so. Need somethin' to put over the new mantle." Without another word, Saphine exited the office, leaving the Mongolian magnate to her thoughts. 

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Damian

Soon, the assembled group around Alecto's apartment would find a man holding a staff hovering in mid air while pounding on the window.

Alecto might recognize that man as Damian.

"A... Attack! Invasion!" Damian tried to yell through the glass. He gestured towards Time Square; they might be able to see the forces in the skies.

IC:

I love a man in uniform.

D O N T   S A Y   T H A T

Lacey Marko tried pushing wet hair out of her eyes, but the halfhelm she'd gotten off one of the Legionnaires (discreetly, in exchange for Ric's finest bottle of Maker's Mark; what kind of best friend and authority figure took three days to call and thought he didn't suffer consequences?!?) left her hair plastered to her forehead and to the cold metal.

"Hiya," she said. "You were sayin' something something on the radio about comrades and fellow warriors, but funniest thing...I could've sworn your voice said, 'C'mon, Lace, rise and shine. After this is over I'll take you out for a romantic night on the town, buy you a chocolate chip croissant at Junior's, and we'll kick Red Skull's teeth in together. Oh, don't look at me like that, I know what you're thinking - gal can't fight in a pair of leggings and leather boots, right? Well. Tell that to the bum who got 400 foot-pounds of torque shot through his who put hands on me at the dirty spoon down the street last weekend, that's what I say to that."

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Ashlynn had been about to respond when someone appeared outside Alecto's window, tapping in the glass while shouting about an attack.

"Uh... oh..."

IC:

Jennifer and Terrance had been on their way to see Fury when the announcement had been held. New York was under attack by HYDRA... again... it was all over the loud-speakers. She could see SHIELD agents kicking into high gear.

"New York is under attack..." Jennifer said numbly. "Your position with SHIELD will have to wait... for now we need to get to Times Square and save as many lives as we can." she said as she headed back towards her vehicle.

"We better hurry then. Hydra doesn't mess around."

IC:

Kane heard the police sirens, and screams from the distance.  He stood up in the park and scratched his head. It was clear something was happening. He glanced around the Brotherhood campsite.

"Should we go check that out or something?" he shouted to anyone in the area.

"Looks like the target is getting up..." Maverick said as he watched Kane from a distance. He could tell something was going on, perhaps it would be best to wait to take Kane out. Or whatever was going on could provide a good diversion.

IC: The penthouse SHIELD had given Persephone as part of her cover was a pretty elaborate and expensive one and was not, as you might expect from the home of an android, some sterile and personality deprived cell. It had posters on the wall, admittedly of schematics and blueprints rather than some latest piece of modern art or random celebrity photo, but they were there. There were bits of machinery lying scattered round everywhere, and a cleaning kit stacked next to the latest oil splashes. Oh, and she had of course bought one of the largest TVs she could. Because what was the point of having a monthly stipend if it couldn't be used to buy a screen longer than she was tall? Currently though, the TV was off. Persephone was in the kitchen, doing the dishes. It was a mundane task, but that was why liked it. Just a little ritual of normality to take a little more artificial out of her life. 

And then the explosions started, the shock causing her to drop the plate she'd been cleaning. Goddammit, she only had a few of those! That was another reason she was cleaning, it was either that or eat out of cardboard boxes for a while. She stomped over to window, threw it open and shouted out through the night sky.

"One night! You couldn't give me one night!"

Grumbling under her breath at the insensitivity of international terrorist organisations, she grabbed the remote for her skylight, her armour sliding into place as the roof opened up. Taking off, she tried gaining altitude to get stock of the situation...which didn't help much as everything was just chaos, destruction everywhere with no clear target.

Well, except for the hijacked Times Square ball. After all, last time Hydra attacked they'd ended up using massive explosives as their final play. Persephone wouldn't put it past the Skull to pull the same trick twice. There could well be another bomb, or something equally important in there. 

Throwing a magnetic shield around herself to deflect any stray bullets or lasers that might come her way she zoomed off towards the ball, using her plasma bolts at a fraction of their strength to cut through its surface as son as she landed on it

IC: One of Romulus' legionnaires shivered almost imperceptibly as Song's mind reached out and hitched a lift. Her physical combat skills were limited at best, there was no sense going out there in person when her most valuable tool could seek its own way into the fray. She felt some responsibility to help out since one of the Club's kings was requesting it, and it would be a valuable learning experience to how Romulus commended in the field, information her files on him were sorely lacking

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Jesika

Too bad that stuff doesn't actually do anything to me-

The girl glanced over as a knock at the window drew her attention, only to see a man floating just outside, with a friggin' spear in his hand what the ####.

Oh yeah and he was yelling something about an invasion or something like that.  Great.

The blood drained from Jesika's face as the word registered, casting a ghostly, bone-like pallor over her already unnatural complexion.  Invasion.  The word was not something that she expected to hear, and it triggered a splash of images and raw emotions that she didn't know existed.  She'd been in an invasion once.  Back home.  It didn't.

It wasn't.

Run, hide.

They're here.

They're coming.

They'll get you again.

You have to go right now.

Jesika took a stumbling step back from the window involuntarily, her electric gaze wide but unfocused as she stared out behind the floating man.

"Oh."

• Upvote 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Alecto)

Oh. Damian could fly.

Oh. Damian could fly and the city was being invaded.

He's chosen an exceptionally bad day to perform a ritual it seemed. He felt like he'd just ran marathon and now it looked like there would be shooting before the day was out. With a resigned sigh, he gulped down one more swig of vodka. "Okay. Someone open a door for Harry Potter out there. I'll cover the entrance." Alecto gestured vaguely at his balcony door as he slammed down the bottle of vodka.

With what could quite possibly be his last drink behind him, Alecto strode out from behind the counter and nonchalantly grabbed his pistol from the cupboard before settling in at Snow's side. "Snow? You going all bluescreen on me? Ctrl-alt-delete is your friend. If not....well, look you don't have a plug, so ctrl-alt-del is gonna have to do."

Edited by Basilisk

IC: The audible thwack of palm against forehead (also known to some as a facepalm) was instantly followed by a rather despondent sigh.

"What are the chances of this being a rather well timed regular blackout, and not, in fact, the universe taking advantage of some cruel joke that I foolishly and perfectly set them up for with that last hope of mine?"

IC:

"Chances aren't that great, Sieg." There was no point to pulling out his gun like an in the middle of the elevator, but Brando nonetheless put his hand on the hip nearest the pistol and looked up to the roof. "It's just an elevator, right? We've gotten out of worse than elevators. Remember Banner's housewarming party?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Siegfried's initial response was a sigh with a notably increased level of despondence.

"Your point is quite valid. I wager you're working on a plan similarly out of the box, and perhaps more dangerous to our continued good health?"

IC:

Ashlynn could identify with Jessika. "Jess, are you okay?" she asked, knowing full well what was setting her off. Invasion. A word that brought back painful memories of aliens with metal bodies killing anyone they set their sights on.

She watched as Alecto grabbed a pistol. "Are you planning on doing something?"

IC: Tasha

The power was out, the emergency lights hummed to life, powered by secondary generators. It was still very, very dark however. The only other light came through the windows. Tasha, being on one of the highest floors in the tower, and having very massive windows, could see the entire city. A light was coming from time square.

It was red. 

Tasha was on her phone in an instant, she needed to find out what was happening, now! Via the magic of the internet there were already posts, messages, and even a live feed of time square. It was HYDRA to be sure. Tasha knew the tower losing power was no coincidence...she had to get down to the sub-levels, to the arc reactor. 

Her phone beeped, indicating she had a text message. Figuring it could be important, like one of the other Avengers, she opened it. 

Hi sis. She dropped her phone. What no XOXO? Or hey bro I missed yo- The screen shorted out as Tasha slammed her shoe into it over and over, till her foot became numb.

She breathed heavily, her head in her hands as she stared into the floor. This wasn't happening. "He's dead...that's not him...it's just a...machine..." Her fists balled up, she couldn't let herself fall into a panic. She had people counting on her. 

She pulled out a large, metal suitcase from under her bed. She punched in the key code and pushed her thumb against the scanner before it clicked open. Inside was an assortment of gadgets and weapons, along with a jumpsuit, her mother's jumpsuit. 

"Well...time to rescue the boys." 

---------------------------------

Brando and Siegfried heard a very loud thump above them. "Brando if you shoot me I'm telling Natalie!"

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Well, that beat any plan I had," Brando said to Sieg with a grin. "You met Tasha, right? Howard's cute sister? I could get you her number if--"

"Testing. Testing. One, two...yep, we found the power after all. Hi, Tasha! Did you get my text? It was sent from the heart. Hey, everyone. Nice to see so many friendly faces in one tower. I'd have hoped we all learned our lesson after last time, but it looks like wishes aren't exactly horses tonight."

"...yeahhh," Brando said quietly. "That's what we wanted to talk to you about, Sieg."

"Hey, Tasha. When Dad wanted something spicy to snack on, where did he look? His Pepper Potts!" There was a crackling silence over the intercom. "That wasn't that good. My humor centers must have been crushed in my death spiral. Puns are the highest form of comedy, so any feedback you guys have to offer is appreciated. I'll be sure to ask before my programming forces me to hunt you all and kill you individually. I think it's good for team members to be frank and forthright with each other. If you want to live 'till morning, I'd get out of the building. This is the one warning I'm allowed to give you, gang. Avenge me if you can."

In the elevator, in the penthouse, throughout the building, the intercom crackled once more, awkwardly, and clicked silent. Brando ran his hands over his eyes and let out a deep breath.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME