Marvel, Rebirth:

IC: Tasha

Tasha opened the latch on the top of the elevator, Brando and Siegfried found nothing but scarlet hair in their vision as Tasha lowered her head in. 

"We need to get to the arc reactor." Her voice was strained, yet quite serious. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Tokiomi

Mental restoration, he had called it.

In reality, it was more like taking an axe to his own identity.

——————————————————————————————

WHY. DON'T. YOU. DIE?!

A dash forward. A slash to the torso. A clean cut. The body in front of Tokiomi, bisected at the waist, collapsed to the ground...

... Only to reassemble itself again. No, it merely flashed, and it was whole again.

Of course, this scene wasn't taking place in the "real world". It was merely how one's mind might attempt to interpret the battle raging within the man known as Nagato, a battle imperceivable to the senses.

You asked for this. You commanded this. YOU CREATED ME FOR THIS. WHY DO YOU DEFY YOUR OWN WILL?!

... iT IS NOT THE WILL OF MY MIND THAT COMMANDS THIS. rATHER, IT IS THE WILL OF THE... bODY. a GLITCH... oR pERhAps, yOU are BEiNg rejECted...

A twisted smile formed on the face of the shadowy figure.

loOk at yoUrselF, NagATO-sAN~

Tokiomi knew that they he had nothing to fear. This was just a dream. He'd wake up and return to reality; everything would be back to normal.

Still, the sight of seeing his own body crumbling to pieces unnerved them.

What do you want?

WhAT do i WAnT...? hM......

Tokiomi slashed at the shadowy figure once again, but his sword shattered on impact, his hand reduced to pieces with it.

Tsk.

His legs were gone. His arm, falling to the floor in glass-like shards. The corruption, snaking its way up his arm, reaching his shoulder and up to his neck-

The mindscape changed.

An infinite white expanse, with only a bookshelf to punctuate its blankness lay before him.

A bookshelf, adorned with books.

Books made of other books, pages ripped from their homes and hastily cobbled together and bound.

Yet, jammed into the shelves between these mockeries of tomes, there lay a book complete. Whole, intact, with every page in pristine condition.

Those books were books of memories. Records of experiences. Memories stolen from thousands of people, bound together in a chimeric, frankenteinish myth of the man called Nagato Tokiomi.

But one book refused to be torn apart.

A book titled Vincent Zai.

Tokiomi reached out, and ripped the covers from the book. Showing no mercy, he tore the pages to shreds, breaking apart the record into indecipherable scraps of paper.

Yet, as these shreds fell to the floor, they reformed themselves.

YoU'Ll nEVer KILl me.

That familiar voice resonated from the book, taunting him with the knowledge of its indestructibility.

Shut up. You're not Vincent. Vincent wanted to die. You only want to live. You're nothing but a shadow. An imposter, formed from his broken mind. WE SETTLED THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. My birth would be his death. He would go into the forever-sleep, only to reawaken in times of true crisis.

thAt's so bORiNg... So boOOOooOring...

Tsk...

——————————————————————————————

Eyes open. Consciousness returning. But not all was well.

The fractures are growing... I'm falling to pieces...

Tokiomi rose from the bed, having gotten no rest from that ordeal called sleep. He took a cursory look out the window.

... Well. That was a problem.

AnD on nEW YeaR's of all timES?

They He would have to take action.

IC:

"Yeah. Yeah...s'pose you're right." Dallas looked away from the purple wall and smiled tremulously at Julia. "How you holding up?"

IC:

"I'm okay." Showstopper took a large gulp of coffee and then let out a deep, angry breath. "Shootouts happen. People scram. No skin off my nose...no, actually, yeah. There is skin off my nose. My nose skin is pissy...and bitter...and hurt. I was ready to die for about fifteen minutes, and not a single person motivated to help...except you. You stayed."

He reached around the back of his bare neck and unclasped his Saint Christopher pendant. When he bunched his fist around it, the chain slipped through his hand, catching on the end while the medallion swung between them.

"Take it."

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: Other posts to follow later; they're a lot more involved, and I wanted to take a few moments to get this one done.

IC:

"I can't do that." The Ultimate answered without much of a pause, talking a long sip from her coffee in the ensuing silence. When she looked up again she took a noticeably deep breath, her face set in a determined mask. Despite it, the expression was kinder than she'd made in a long time. "You've hung onto it. Maybe other people didn't notice, but you did. From before the war to now, from that dimension to this one and any one of the dozen in between. You've never lost it, never cast it away."

"It's important. I won't take it."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"You will. If you weren't here, I'd be...Christ, I'd be a cyborg drone for the Phalanx Technarchy, some half-rabid werewolf in the bayou, and dead in a parking lot. In that order. I prayed to some jerkoff on a medallion for eighteen years...but the only thing in my life that's ever saved me is you." Dallas dropped the pendant onto the back of her hand.

"It's sterling silver. Maybe worth two, three hundred bucks. I've stolen better ###### from mall kiosks. But that doesn't mean it ain't important to me, Bek...and even if you aren't exactly gonna win the votes to become Homecoming Queen, even if it's a cold day in ###### over before I ever see you smile again...you're important to me, too." Dallas smiled at her, and gave a chocolate chip a halfhearted flick towards the neckline of her shirt. "So you'll keep it. And you'll wear it. And you'll never protest it again. Deal? Sweet."

He dropped the muffin around the table and wrapped his arms around Rebekah's neck in a hug, forcing a grin for several seconds...before the ###### and the bitterness and the hurt sank down on his bare shoulders, and he quietly started to cry.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Rebekah was very, very quiet for a long moment, mismatched eyes fixed on the opposite wall. The pendant was balanced perfectly on the back of her hand, until she finally flipped it up and twisted her hand to catch it. An instant later her arms wrapped around his back, silence unbroken.

"Maybe you're here because it worked."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

crying

crying

like  s o m e   s t u p i d   h u m a

he didnt want to be human again.

"I don't think so."

thinking was for humans. he could feel and feel and die at his goddamn pleasure

Composure. You aren't dead yet.

crying, trying to stop crying, he sealed the human behind a wall and took a hammer and broke it in half until there was nothing for him to cry out for

and with her arms tight around his tattooed back, Dallas found control.

"Thanks."

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Dallas promptly chugged, and chucked the bottle underhanded into the recycle bin. 

Slowly, to kill the time until his epiphany, he began to whistle.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Katherine "Kitty" Pryde

Many twists, turns, freight elevators, and security measures later, they arrived in a sub level of the institute, it wasn't that far off from the danger room, but it was equally as enforced. The point was that it was secure and well away from the access of students. 

Kitty lead Quinn to a containment cell, having him place Sierra within. The containment cell was designed for mutants who had lost control of their powers and were a danger to others. Heck the material it was primarily made of was so dense she wasn't sure she was even capable of phasing through one. The point was Sierra would not be escaping. 

"She'll wake soon..." Kitty muttered, more to herself than Quinn. She turned around to look at him.

"Now, I know this is your first day, but I'm gonna ask you to do something crazy. Lock me in there with her." 

"But that-" 

"I'll be fine Quinn, I'll be literally untouchable." 

"But why?" It was a reasonable question.

"Call it 'mother's intuition'...wisdom of the ages...heII it could even be menopause. I have a hunch that it's just what she needs." With that being said, Kitty stepped inside the cell with the unconscious lupine. 

Quinn reluctantly shut the massive metal structure that was the door. It clicked into place and sealed itself. Quinn's only way to see what was happening was the surveillance monitor just outside the door.

Edited by Skitty

IC:

"D*** it." Sierra slowly became aware of where she was, and it didn't take much brains to figure out who had the upper hand. "That's it. I'm finished." She knew that she should be afraid, but even that was gone. Maybe it had slowly been worn down by all her failure, or maybe, like everything else natural, it had been forcefully stripped away to make room for "improvements". A sense of self-preservation wasn't needed for a creature that wasn't supposed to feel anything at all. And yet, during all the time in the dark, she'd still been able to love. And now that love had thrown her away because she couldn't live up to her purpose. This had been her last chance to get it back, but she lost it and everyone else along the way. All she could do was cry. And somehow, she did.

IC: (Sakuya)

Sakuya looked at the hallway, looked at the mess, only a few minutes before a fight took place here. And Sakuya accomplished nothing, if anything she had exacerbated some of the problems. Despite her hopes of trying to do the right thing. I was stupid for thinking I could have done anything to help. Now Dallas had slipped away, Nicole had been carried off by Doctor Thomas and one of the visitors to the school, and Ashley and quite a bit of others were in the Medical Center. And she was standing there, wondering which director she was supposed to walk. Would it help if she went to the Medical Center, check on Ashley, make sure Dallas knew she was okay. Following Doctor Thomas, Nicole, and their visitor would the stupidest decision, so that was out. It would only make more of a scene, more trouble and that was the last thing anyone needed this day. Maybe check in on Dallas, he was still recovering from the rush of emotions in all likelihood, among the fact he was still dealing with that awful crime that had been committed against him. She resolved to check in on him at least first.

She walked to his dorm room, but hung outside his room, unsure of whether she was supposed to knock. She could hear some voices, his and someone else's. She was frozen there, her hand about to knock but apprehension filled her. Perhaps he was with friends, perhaps another person would make it an issue, considering how all that emotion took its toll on the empath. There was one thing she was aware of, this sense of apprehension wouldn't help Dallas. So she backed off, walked to check on Ashley at the Medical Center. She should have went there first anyway. Stupid, stupid.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

Kitty remained silent, watching Sierra as she cried. After a while, she spoke. 

"So, we have a problem." Kitty stated, showing neither anger nor sympathy. "You seem to have a habit of trying to eat other students. That's gotta stop." 

IC: Ashley

Ashley, normally an open source of cheerfulness and enthusiasm, lay silently in the bed. She was still very upset...at everything. How could Nicole have done that to Dallas? Why did Dallas not say anything to her sooner? Where was Dallas? Was he alright? How did she come so close to killing someone? That wasn't her! She'd never hurt a fly....

She buried her face in her pillow. 

• Upvote 1

IC: (Sakuya)

Sakuya had finally reached the medical center, opening the door and walking inside, she saw Ashley and the woman from earlier, Christine, she believed. Slowly walking up she spoke up.

"Hello, I'm Sakuya Harada, I came to see how Ashley was doing."

She could Ashley forcing her face into pillow, trying to shut out the world and all that had happened, and she felt terrible, she felt sympathy for Ashley. As far she knew, the girl had been one of the most bubbly and friendly girls around the school, adorable as well, but now she looked so broken.

"I went by Dallas' room, I didn't get to talk to him, but he was with one of his friends," She figured that might help a little, knowing where Dallas was, and knowing that he wasn't alone. She wasn't able to make out most of the words, and Sakuya never liked eavesdropping anyways, always found it in such poor taste, but from what she did discern outside that door, was they were friendly enough.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

"You know, I don't even like bathrobes. Like, why not just cut out the middleman, right?" Brooklyn stretched out tanned legs to the foot of the bed and giggled softly into the bedding. "God. I finally see the error of my ways." 

She wrapped her arms around her girlfriend, 400% more fluffy than usual, and whistled to herself softly. Outside, through the closed blinds in their hotel room, Brook could see the New Year being rung in with flashes of light, green and blue and red. 

"You...are incredibly comfy."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Sierra's eyes widened. "But that makes it sound like she doesn't plan on killing me! Why?!" She slowly rose to her feet. If she could just get at her one more time, then she might change her mind...

Exhaustion hit her in waves. Her legs shook for just a few seconds before they gave out along with her abilities. Bits of fur and skin dissolved into ash and settled gently on the floor, leaving a small, emaciated 15 year old with a new pattern of scars kneeled on the ground, her head bent in defeat.

Kitty slowly took her jacket off, before wrapping it around Sierra. Then, almost reluctantly, she took the collar and placed it around Sierra's neck. 

"This collar, it will prevent you from transforming. I'm afraid it's the only solution." 

Kitty sighed. If only Professor Xavier was still alive...

The collar hummed to life as it activated, locking in place. "I'm sorry I have to do this, but I'm not sure what else I can do." She heard Quinn say something through the cell, though it was muffed.

"The collar won't come off without a key. Considering where this collar originally came from I loathe using it, but you have to understand that I'm responsible for every life in this school, including yours." 

IC: Jesika

Stop.

Get ahold of yourself.

C'mon.

Shake it off.

Look, you're making a scene.

Ash is fine.

She isn't freaking out.

What would Alecto think?

They're not here.

This isn't them.

They can't hurt you.

But it might be.

They could be here.

They'll be searching for you.

They'll be waiting.

We have to finish what we started.

We will-

NO.

STOP.

I'M NOT ONE ANYMORE.

They couldn't have gotten here.

Right?

It's not them, they can't hurt you.

You're safe.

And you have to get moving.

Right now.

The struggle within herself took but moments, and in the end neither side won. The fear, cold, ripping, still stabbed its way through her chest. It ran icicles through her legs and snapped open her eyes, each heartbeat felt like a punch to the gut. Her knuckles were white from her curled up grip.

And in a daze, feeling oddly detached from the rest of reality, Jesika began to speak.

"Well I'm not about to sit around and do nothing," Her voice waving ever so slightly as she spoke, her tone otherwise unnaturally even. "C'mon, let's go."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

"Are you sure you're up to this?" Ash asked wearily as she pulled out a pistol that until now had been concealed on her person. "Do we know what we're up against? Maybe we should turn on the news first..."

Johnathan pulled out his phone and texted Dallas. You still comin' bro? Pizza will get cold soon and the beer warm. Kristen and Julia are here but I can make them scram if you want. He sighed inwardly. It felt like every time they had plans something came up. Maybe its for the best...

Jennifer's vehicle landed in New York. She opened the hatch before climbing out, a SHIELD assault rifle tucked under her arm. Terrance followed her out.

"We're about a mile off from Times Square." she said as cops blared down the street heading in that direction.

"Agent McCoy moving in on the attack, bringing along a friend. Any other agents in the field?" she radioed in.

Nicole's eyes fluttered open as Li continued to press down on her neck. She looked at Li with eyes that screamed with pain, and that were pleading... something. Was it death? Or had the blonde girl changed her mind and wanted to live? Either way she was unable to talk in her condition.

IC:

I’m an Enforcer.

Well, I used to be. They called me Judgement, and later they called me Delta Three. I was the big guy. The one with enough munitions to fire at the problem until the problem went away, safely tucked away with several thousand pounds of pure mechanical marvel. I, we, were Delta Squad. The Enforcer’s solution to a full-blown warfare scenario. Over the past two years we were dispatched five times. First to Riker’s Island to prevent the Brotherhood’s prison break, then to an Enforcer prison to stop a team that had torn their way through the guards inside, then Las Vegas, Genosha, and finally to the Middle East. Wasn’t supposed to be the last mission but we got wrecked. I’m not going to lie, that last one was the worst ######-kicking I’ve ever had.

Then MACE came and went, and with their activities brought to light… They weren’t who I thought they were. The ideals they championed were not the ideals I fought for.

So hey. ###### em. Still wish I could have seen the look on MACE’s face when they figured out I coded Sieg to my biometrics before I got out of dodge.

I’m Jayne Powers. And, technically, I’m an outlaw. Don’t really like that word though, ‘cause my crime was refusing to sit in front of a kangaroo court and have every good thing I ever did taken out back and shot. MACE’s crimes aren’t mine, and if I’d known what they were doing…

Well, Jameson might not have had a chance to haul them to the carpet.

I’m wandering waaaaaaaay off topic though.

I’m in New York, right now, came here after a giant mech with a Sentinel head was spotted fighting one of Hydra’s Sleepers. I’d say it might be Michael, but only Michael’s crazy enough to slap a Sentinel head on another machine. Makes me cry. The ENFs were masterpieces, to think about one of those ugly craniums bolted to one hurts my soul. But it was a lead, first one I’ve had in a while, so I crossed the country as fast as I could.

Arrived in the Big Apple on New Year’s Eve. Who’d a thought? Maybe the big guy’s trying to push me towards a resolution. Hate those things. No one keeps ‘em.

This instant, though, bullets are pinging off the pavement to my left and right and Elmo’s a suicide bomber. You know, I always loved Time’s Square on New Years. Visited almost every year growing up. And now, the first time in New York in three or four years, Hydra is using Elmo to blow up my childhood.

###### my life.

Drones from above, gunners and bombers on the ground, and Skull’s turned the ball into his head. Probably compensating. I already see someone with armor and a jetpack landing on the ball, trying to cut into it- horrible idea, by the way- but no one’s on the ground. Not that I can tell. I hear pistol-fire, so maybe the cops haven’t been overrun yet, but I can’t see anything. Civies everywhere, trying to escape.

I need to get off the street, find somewhere I can unload my gear. Just need a few moments. My large frame lets me push my way through the crowd, going with the flow as I neared the edge of the street. I just needed a storefront… There. Donut shop. Abandoned, looks like. The door is easy to push open, and I’m safely ensconced within the building in an instant. At least, as safely as one could be right now. I swing the case off of my back, placing it on the ground and undoing the catches. The boosters are already on my feet so I start with the belt, securing its contents to my waist alongside my sidearm. Next are the gauntlets, securing into place with a series of metallic clicks.

Last is the visor, held tightly to my head. My fingers run across the controls on my arm, my HUD flaring to life with diagnostics and statistics. Power levels at ninety nine percent, hopefully enough for this engagement. All systems green. I switch on my comms, tuning them to Delta’s frequency. There’ll be no response from it. Never is, but it’s important to me. A few taps open my transmissions to all of the military’s usual bands, and I open up the receivers similarly. Maybe there’ll be someone to pick up on my chatter.

I swing the case back onto my back, and flick off the safeties on my rifles. I don’t bother worrying about their lethality. Hydra doesn’t deserve mercy. Not anymore.

It has only been two minutes and I’m back on the street.

“I don’t suppose anyone’s receiving out there.”

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk

fK5oqYf.jpg

"You can't, I'm not letting someone who's as mentally unstable as you leave. No, you're gonna start seeing Doctor Thomas regularly, and figure out how to control your power. When I convinced this has happened, then I'll take the collar off and you'll be able to leave wherever you wish."