Marvel, Rebirth:

Ic:

"Are you okay!?" Trinity asked as Aella fell, concerned for her safety.

-

"Aaand so, it's true you let anyone join up with you guys today," Kristen said, sitting back in her seat, working out a plan of what she would do. She still couldn't fight well with her arm, she had done little training... So she had decided to scrounge some decent somewhat form-fitting black clothes from her closet, pulled her hair back, and intended on tryig to just evacuate as many people as possible.

Since that could work.

Edited by Landes'Rehn

IC (Romulus)

Romulus couldn't suppress a grin as the legionnaires jumped to attention. It would appear Ms. Marko had quite the commanding voice when the situation called for it. Hardly surprising for one charged with managing Alaric and his....eccentricities. He had yet to figure out what a "jinkies" was but Alaric seemed inordinately fond of the phrase. “How could they not?” Then Romulus stepped forwards, to address his men, being sure to open the proper channels on radio, to ensure all of his faithful soldiers heard his decree.

“My legionnaires! My soldiers! My brothers and sisters in arms! The time has come, once again, for Roman steel and Roman might to arise to defend the wonders of the civilized world from the hordes of crass barbarity. HYDRA believes that their madness, their terror, can win them the world. They are fools. Lunatics, to think that they can break this world, our world, to their wills. 

We built this world! You, my friends, built this world! Your ancestors, your forefathers, were the strength in my arms! An emperor is nothing without his legion. An empire is nothing if not the parts that make it up. The path we have chosen is not an easy one. It has cost us dearly….and yet, by the right of blood, by the right of the untold thousands who have died in my name, to win my rightful throne, this world is ours.

HYDRA has a lesson to learn. And it is our duty to educate them. This is a lesson they can only learn through blood, fire and steel. They have preyed upon this city twice in the last two years. Now they will learn that New York is not without its protectors, it’s defenses. That they can no longer seek to cow this world by pouring salt upon the wounds of an already wounded and ailing city. For we shall meet them blow for blow. For every one of us who falls, I expect ten of their own to meet their ends. 

I expect nothing less from my legion. Rome was not built in a day, it is true, and empires do not die overnight. But my friends, I think HYDRA is built upon a rotten foundation. I say, if we cut off the head, if we break them here, if we show these so-called ubermensch their inferiority, their inability to meet the legacy of Rome, of the great father of empires, in open combat….

I declare, I decree, they will collapse upon themselves like the paper tiger they are. There is nothing more to say. Go forward with courage, knowing that the hands of your ancestors are upon your shoulders. Know that the ghosts of Rome are watching. 

Make sure they are not ashamed!”

Battle cries in dozens of different languages filled the room and the radio channels that the legion operated. Romulus turned to Ms. Marko. “I’ve arranged transportation to Times Square. We shall hit them there, in the very heart of their invasion. The rest of my legionnaires are already taking action to seal the area, to halt HYDRA’s advance. And, ah…”

The telltale sounds of jet engines made their voices heard. “I do hope you’re not adverse to flying.”

IC (Alecto)

“Screw it. Not like I’m going to get another chance to outdo grandpa’s nazi killcount.” Alecto strode over to a nearby cabinet, tossing it open to reveal his two blades, each held within a lovingly detailed display case. “I hope those exosuits of theirs have some handy joints and crevices. Otherwise I’m going to be getting eye all over these things. It’s a ###### to clean off. Very sticky.” Without another word, he strapped the scabbards of the two weapons to his belt. 

IC (Saphine)

“Well, you’re in luck. We’re having a special on questionably sane, very angry mercs at the moment. We’ll even throw in two BMP’s. Free of charge! How’s that for a bargain?” Saphine let out a triumphant crow as the Revengining plowed out of the garage, it’s companion, known now and forever as ‘Rampage Five: The Curbstomping’ following close behind. “You know the story. We’re here to kick ######, chew bubblegum and collect kraut teeth for our trophy necklaces. And boy, do we have alot of necklaces. Uh. Gimme a sec.” 

Saphine leaned forwards, towards the operators of the fine mass of russian rage she had decided was now her property, whatever the boss-lady might say about it. “Tell me this thing can go faster.”

“Well, yes, bu-”

“Well, I’m hearing a disturbing lack of nazis crunching beneath our treads. Be a dear and fix that for me okay?” She made sure to use that faux-sweet tone mom had taught her. It got things done faster then any direct threat could. 

“...Yes’m. I’ll get right on that m’am.”

“Kick###!” Saphine picked up the radio again. “So, do you want fries with that ex-soviet divine intervention?”

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

"Wish I could say I did, Bek, but comm units are for people who don't have each other's backs!" He threw an arm around her and grinned. "You and I are gonna be stuck like glue."

IC:

"Sure, why not? I watched Inglourious Basterds tons of times. I know all the tricks." Dallas smiled at Sakuya, though he was watching Showstopper out of the corner of his eye. "Sorry about the pizza party. I'll help you throw it when we get back, promise."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

Johnathan noticed the other Dallas staring at his Dallas. He leaned in and whispered in Showstopper' ear. "I think he likes you." he said before motioning to the other Dallas.

"We were supposed to have our own pizza party, so I know your feels." he grinned at the Dallas.

John then glanced at Nero. "Yo, Nero. How's it going?" he asked.

"Sex-changing bacteria?" Quinn said with wide eyes as he looked at Jeff and Gabriel. "Are you guys new X-Men too?" he asked noticing that they also weren't wearing costumes, then again some of the senior members weren't as well, but it was easy to tell that they'd been through this before.

This has to be the best first day of school ever and I didn't even have to go to a single class.

IC: Shiloh

Shiloh grinned, well it was more like a grimace, but she tried. "Well...I seem to have unfortunately lost my yelling voice...you might have to guide our new friends a bit...point them in the right direction." 

IC: Aella

I continued my onslaught of tickling, I'd never heard Trin laugh so hard before. After a while I stopped, but held her down. 

"Do you surrender? Or do you want more?" 

IC: Jeffery Pryde 

Jeff gave Gabe a look. "I'm not even surprised, that's the sad part. As Quinn spoke he turned his attention to him. "New? No we're not new. We're just too cool for uh....costumes." 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC

"Got it."

Rene turned to the crowd of curious machines, all watching intently. "Alright boys. There's a city full of Nazis with our names on them. Let's go!"

The resulting cheer might have been mistaken for some hardcore dubstep as the machines, led by the twins, began marching.

IC:

“Ah, gotcha,” Quinn nodded. “My names Quinn, what’s yours?” that was when Gabriel turned into a girl.

“Oh man is that neat,” he said in shock. “You’re going to have to turn me into a girl sometimes; I always had a fantasy about seeing what it’s like.” He grinned. “Just not right now, of course.”

IC:

Dallas grinned cheekily, slid down between the other two Ultimates on the plane, and leaned in to whisper into Rebekah's ear.

After a second, he pulled away, arm slung lazily around her shoulders.

-Tyler

• Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"IC:

"Not to the degree you believe you are." The former Weapon quietly cleared the breach, and ensuring the chamber was empty, tested the firing mechanism. Satisfied she clicked a magazine into place, flicking the safety on to ensure no accidental discharges.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"You can't blow off a compliment by pretending you didn't enjoy it. I know you too well." Dallas yawned and closed his eyes, his lazy smile still on his face.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: "Eh. Good and bad, yeah? I mean depending on who you're asking. World seems to be going on a quick-like downward spiral in a handbasket, so that ain't all that nice. But it's nice to see a spark of motivation around here." Nero said, scratching behind his ear absentmindedly.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

“Well It’s nice to meet both of you,” Quinn grinned. “Have you ever tried to think up a witty X-Men codename Gabriel? Like SeX-Changer; or something, or SeX-Man.”

"Those are horrible names Quinn." Christine shook her head.

“Indeed it is,” Johnathan nodded. “So tell me, you still a wolf?” he inquired, curious. “I got a witch to lift the curse myself.” He said before he scratched his flesh arm with metal fingers.

“Anyone seen a Julia? I feel like we need at least one of the Jules before we go.”

IC: Alec looked back at the dozen or so that had boarded the Blackbird. All faces he knew and recognised. Well except for that new guy. He'd just got here by the sounds of it. Since he, Gabe and Jeff were lacking uniforms maybe they could paint an X on their faces or something. On their cheeks like crash test dummies perhaps. Superpowered crash test dummies, the best kind.

"Alright peeps, think we've filled every available seat in this thing, and if we pack any more guns we'll give Rob Liefeld our scent and he will find us. I'm not letting that happen on my watch, so I am taking this HYDRA hunting party on the road! In the air! On the road in the air!"

Hangar bay doors were open, courtesy of Doc Thomas (note to self, get her some chocolates or something), all systems on the 'bird were reading positive, they'd got everyone who seemed willing to volunteer and suit up. 

And they were suited up. It was actually...refreshing to see the children of the atom gathered together under the X like this. When was the last time they'd done this? Joined forces deliberately to stomp evil in its stupid face, not simply found themselves fighting together for self-defence? Too long. But now they were back, rising from the ashes, taking to skies with their fire-spewing 'bird and-

​Wait, hang on, that was a series of similes that the X-Men had historically had bad luck with. Avoid birds of fire when waxing lyrical...

The Blackbird took off smoothly, Alec managing it without crashing into the lawn or basketball court (those first tries in the simulator had just been embarrassing...) and it quickly took cover in the clouds. It was always best to prepare for what you thought your enemy could do, and Alec knew that if he were an insane Nazi cultist he'd want to some anti-air firepower to give the government's Archangels something to worry about. So assume someone in Team Bad Guy brought anti-air firepower. 

"Its chaos out there according to the news reports, so I'm not sure how well a plan would work," he said to the plane at large, "We got no tactics to plan against, no clear strategy to try and thwart." Good word, thwart. Needed to be used more often. "So just try and deal with the situation on the ground as it comes. As Parallel Universe Me said, we're gonna hafta wing it. However, I do have a few ideas in mind to give us a little more wind beneath those wings. Shadowcat Junior, Parallel Me and From Russia With Guns, I'm going to find a high spot and drop the three of you off first. I have some things in mind for you." He pointed at Jeff first, "You would be excellent at scouting ahead. Find out any positions that they're gathering in, any nests their snipers are using. If you think you can take out what you find, go for it, but bear in mind your mother will kill me if you die here. Don't make me bug you forever in the afterlife." Next up for a pointing was Aleks. Man, being in the pilot's chair felt good, there's no way he would have given the X-merc orders if he were back in the sucker seats, "You are the best sniper we have, so you get to have fun picking off their snipers. We need eyes up high and you happen to fit the bill. Also, and you are going to hate me for this, but I suggest trying to make yourself obvious. More fire directed at you means less at the civilians and us. The job of stopping you from being turned to chunky salsa goes to that guy." And now the finger of plus one pointing wavered over to the school's other technopath named Alexander, "I'm hoping your forcefield can act as cover, stop all those pesky bullets putting holes in our Russian associate. A higher vantage point should give you clearer signals too, help you hone in on whatever channel HYDRA might be communicating over without a half a billion smartphones getting in your way. Other than that, well you guys know your powers better than I do, I was just going to drop you off and let you go nuts."

Besides, it wasn't like any plan ever went smoothly. It would all go to Hel in about five minutes, like it always did, and going nuts would be the order of the day with a side of FUBAR to help it go down...

IC: A sound cut through the jet engines nearing Romulus. Wasn't entirely surprising, as it appeared directly in his head without bothering to go via his ears. The tuneless doorbell-esque chime was a message from Song, all Romulus had to do was direct a little attention towards it and he'd receive her report of how his troops were proceeding and what resistance they were encountering. Why explain a situation over radio when you can just have a complete understanding instantly appear in your mind? Having one of the most skilled telepaths in the world on their side was going to prove remarkably useful

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

"Why not. I have been paid to take bullets for you kids for two years, what's the harm in one more night?" Aleksandr Belikov ran a surly hand through his hair and looked around at the assembled team. "Everyone from this universe takes a comm unit. I'll lead coordination efforts from the high ground. I don't want anyone getting lost or in a car chase - we had too many problems in Canada and Vegas. Nobody so much as stops at a hot dog vendor without radioing in. If I'm cut down, my two namesakes and the blonde Dallas take operational control. Ultimates..."

He looked over at the cluster of X-Men - Dallas feigning bored sleep, wrapped up around Rebekah, with John beside them - and shrugged with a shoulder.

"Do what it is you do."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC 

eeeeeuuuuuh

ahhhhhhhhh

eeeeuuuuuuuh

ahhhhhhhhh

His breathing was almost as annoying as the beeping had been. As Cody stumbled off the hospital grounds, he felt embarrassed at how out of shape he'd gotten. Hopefully he was just warming up. Had to save something for the Nazis...

IC: Julia

"No."

Julia's parallel-universe counterpart stopped at the doorway and turned to look at her doppelganger.

"What do you mean, no?" she said.

The other Julia hugged her knees to her chest and leaned against the wall behind her.

"I mean no. I'm not going. I...I can't."

"You...can't?"

Julia sighed.

"I can't go out there. I can't...fight anymore."

"People are dying--people we could be saving--and you're just gonna sit here and mope?"

There was a long pause. Parallel-Universe Julia shrugged.

"Okay."

Then, she was gone.

Julia sighed again, too ashamed to let out a tear.

Meanwhile, the other Jules found a seat on the blackbird.

"Parallel universe me is a wuss."

Edited by Zulu Yankee Kilo Echo

67tlbk.png

IC

eeeeeuuuuuh

ahhhhhhhhh

eeeeuuuuuuuh

ahhhhhhhhh

His breathing was almost as annoying as the beeping had been. As Cody stumbled off the hospital grounds, he felt embarrassed at how out of shape he'd gotten. Hopefully he was just warming up. Had to save something for the Nazis...

IC: Peter

Peter had been using the same hospital's roof as a vantage point to survey the situation, when he spotted a young man (Cody) stumbling off the grounds. Jumping down, he slowed his fall until he was hovering next to him. "You don't look so well," Peter said in his teacher voice. "If you're injured, you should really, you know, stay inside. (won't make much of a difference if they end up assaulting this hospital head on and everything goes to ) but anyways."

Peter was at a loss as to what further to say, so he just scanned the area for potential trouble.

He's gonna laugh at you, he's gonna laugh at you, he's gonna take one look at your getup and die of laughter and it will be your fault, you laughingstock.

OOC: Post made under the unclear assumption that gray is U!Julia. If I'm wrong, ignore this. :P

IC:

Julia's phone was suddenly in need of an exorcist. It flared to life, vibrating like mad and emitting a high pitched, obnoxious screech as the screen flashed through every array of brightness settings and colors imaginable, the piece of technology growing increasingly warm, though never above a threshold to cause personal discomfort, before cutting off with a despondent trailing "BIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiit....". The phone, from that moment on, became completely unresponsive.

The icy stare from the technopath across the plane left no doubt as to the culprit.

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: U! Julia

It took longer for Julia to reply than it should have, if only because she didn't realize at first that the Dallas that had spoken wasn't the one she knew.

"Whatever you say, kid."

She realized after the fact how condescending she sounded, though she hadn't meant it. For all she knew, this version of Dallas was older than her. Heck, she didn't even remember how old her Dallas was. It was a side-effect of surviving the war against the Phalanx; anyone who hadn't been through those dark days automatically seemed...younger, somehow, to her. But what had been said had been said, and she braced herself for whatever retort this other Dallas would prepare for her.

Then her phone started to warm up and make noise, and she reddened.

"You think you're funny, don't you?" She said, returning Alex's icy stare.

Edited by Zulu Yankee Kilo Echo

67tlbk.png

IC: Jeffery Pryde

"For some reason my mom made conversations that happened in the Blackbird sound more fun than this."

IC: Shiloh

As they marched toward certain doom (for HYDRA), Shiloh tried to keep herself awake. She felt like every bit of energy had been sapped away from her, which was kind of true. 

"Rene...tell me a story." 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Christine took a comm unit. “Ah don’t like this, Ah want to be at your side Aleks…” she said softly. She then glanced around at the assortment of mutants around.

“One question, whose power should Ah borrow?”

“Glad you made it Jules,” Johnathan smiled at his sister. “Too bad the other Julia didn’t as well, she probably didn’t want to have to compete with your kill count.”

“Whose your mom? Is she hot?” Quinn asked Jeff as he grabbed his own Comm and put it on. Oh man is this cool.

IC:

"I would certainly hope not, jerkoff." Did we really have to share a plane with these guys? C'mon. Show some tact. Granted, this John at least made the effort to joke about senseless murder, where his late best friend had kind of just swollen up, popped his claws, and charged into the right flank with a rebel yell...but come on, man.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME