Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

The one time werewolf distanced himself from the Blackbird and the normal X-Men. The Ultimate mutant moved deeper into the Time Square massacre, his cyan eyes keeping watch for possible threats. He ducked as a Hydra soldier took a few pot shots at him. He then returned fire, keeping the soldier pinned down behind his cover. Johnathan quickly reloaded his gun before he glanced up. The soldier moved from behind cover for an instant to take a shot and John pulled his trigger, dropping him before he had the chance.

Something big and metal impacted the ground a ways off. John watched as a power-armored Hydra soldier stood up. The light playing off the bootleg Ironman armor as the soldier turned, lifting a metal arm up as it honed in on a target. John turned to see what it was aiming at... a bus full of innocent people that had been placed for onlookers to watch the Ball Drop and was now wedged between a few cars.

"****." John cursed as a repulsor blast burst from the Hydra tin-can's palm and burst into the side of the bus. Part of the bus exploded, the area with the door being completely destroyed and further trapping the rest of the surviving riders inside. He could hear their screams. He'd been too slow, some of them were dead already.

"Hey! Cyber-****!" Johnathan said as he lifted his pistol and unleashed three shots to the Soldier's metal dome. The soldier flinched but the bullets didn't do anything but dent his armor. The soldier turned before lifting both palms and unleashing twin repulsor blasts at John, he jumped into the air, using his metal arm to block some of the energy coming at him which still flung him backwards into a car. Glass shattered behind Johnathan as he pulled himself up and began to run. This time he was ready for the next blast, he jumped to the left, dodging it with quick agility as he gained on his target. Another blast came towards John he ducked and rolled under this one.

He was close to the armored warrior now, he knew that he could burst into the air at any minute which would make things a lot harder for John. He lifted his pistol and unleashed a shot to the soldier's forehead to catch him off guard, the armored-Hydra tried to lift into the air but Johnathan burst forward, stabbing three claws into the soldier's shoulder, cutting through his armor and into flesh.

Johnathan was pretty sure he could hear the man scream from within his armor as John turned his claws, making it even more painful as he tucked away his gun. The armored-Hydra flew them up a bit higher as he now began to assault John with armored punches and kicks. When John got tired of taking the hits he lashed out with his other pair of claws, slashing at the Hydra's arm as it flew towards his face, his claws catching him in the wrist and cutting straight through. John then stabbed his claws forward, into the face-mask of the Hydra soldier before wrenching them out, slick with blood. Then the free-fall began, they weren't very high up, maybe about twenty feet above the ground. John positioned himself on top of the Hydra armor, using the armor to take the brunt of the impact when they landed.

He opened his palm, catching the severed armored hand he'd cut off in the air before pulling out the flesh hand and tucking away the armored hand. He then bent down before cutting off the other hand of the dead warrior and doing the same process.

"Yo, Cali, I got you a Hydra repulsor hand bro!" he said as he looked over at the bus full of innocents before he decided to head over there to cut them out of their death-trap.

IC:

"And this is the lobby," Ric said unabashedly, one arm thrown around Tali's shoulders and the other sweeping out expansively across the cavernous room full of mildly-armed-to-the-teeth officers who had upended coffee tables, reception desks, and formed a cluster around the elevator. Tali's eyes followed the hand across the room with a small note of panic. "It's not normally this quiet."

"...Ordinarily, are the guns being fired?"

"Nnnnnnnnno?" Ric blinked a couple times at the GoldPoint security guards. "Don't worry about it. Everyone's got guys here. Yo! Carlisle here. Anyone seen Lacey?"

"She's with the Imperator," said a non-descript man in full Legionnaire's garb, sans helmet, who was passing by. Ric had never seen him before, and his eyes followed him a bit more warily. His arm imperceptibly tightened around Tali.

"What, like they're cuddling half-naked with a tub of Cherry Garcia between them, or they're out there?"

The realization set in before Ric even got his answer.

I should be out there.

No. He had guys to fight for him now, and he was never one of the rank-and-file field X-Men anyway. He'd gone out there in Canada...and been flown halfway home in a body bag before he'd woken up with a stiff neck and a magic family heirloom. He'd gone out there in Vegas...and woken up stuffed in a locker with the hormone-coated uniforms; coincidentally, he'd flown back home with a stiff neck.

His poor neck had had enough.

"Well, looks like it's my job to give you the tour for the day." He put on his best prom king smile (also, coincidentally, his third-best Black King smile) at Tali and, sufficiently grinning once again, tilted his head towards the elevator. "You spent a year in a dimension. What did you live off of, pine cones and dirt and ? Nuh uh. No Tali of mine is gonna walk around with a punk haircut and an empty stomach. Let me slap you together a sandwich?"

"Um... Sure. Any kind of food is good, just as long as there's no kinda noodle involved."

"Deal. No noodles, and a year's worth of refresher on pop culture. Can't have you not getting my well-timed references."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Alec was sat at the rear of the Blackbird, using the wings and fins as cover when needed, taking potshots at any HYDRA troops foolish enough to wander his way. And there were apparently a lot of fools in HYDRA.

His arm had shifted into a moderately powerful blaster, something that packed a punch without using up too much of his energy. Ironically, it was probably a HYDRA design, stolen during that raid they'd been forced to carry out under the control of Weapon-X.

That seemed so long ago now...

A couple more soldiers popped up wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Alec pegged one right in the head, the force from the blast smashing the man's helmet and doing who knew what to the face behind it. Hopefully something that required long and expensive dental surgery. The duo were forced to fall back, the one still on his feet dragging the unconscious de-helmetee. 

"Yeah, lets see how many heads you grow back, chump!" Alec shouted after them, "Learn to take metaphors less seriously!"

He went back to keeping tabs on approaches to the Blackbird. He'd said he wanted the area kept secure, and he intended to keep it that way himself if need be. Already civilians were starting to group in, sheltering under the 'bird's wings until the got their breath and strength back and could make for one of the more official safe-zones. The X-Men were doing good work today

IC: Persephone tutted to herself as she landed on the crimson ball. She kicked it angrily. Didn't do anything, but made her feel better. The thing had just eaten her blasts up, that wasn't fair at all!

If she couldn't just smash it directly, there were other options though...

"This is the Titanium Blonde talking over SHIELD channels. I need flight-capable agents to respond pronto, may have a situation needs some sky."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

"This way, follow me!" Christine said to a group of terrified civilians as she ushered them down the alleyway towards the Blackbird. Three Hydra goons turned and began to run down the alleyway, shooting at Christine. She created a wall of sound that deflected their bullets before unleashing it. The wall rushed into the goons, smashing into them and flinging them backwards into the sides of the buildings nearby. They didn't get up.

IC:

Quinn had positioned himself closer to the action. He'd engaged a few Hydra guards, taking out one with a bone shard to the eye when he spotted a small Asian boy standing alone in the center and crying.

"This isn't good." Quinn grimaced as he rushed towards the boy and pulled him into his arms. "Let's get you out of here." he said as he turned to head back to the Blackbird. That's when a bullet burst past Quinn's left thigh, cutting into his flesh and causing white hot pain. He nearly lost his footing, except he caught himself, before he turned and unleashed four bone shards from his free hand. They flew into the gut of the Hydra soldier who'd grazed him, he dropped his gun and gripped at the bones sticking out of his body before he fell back against the ground.

"Too close." Quinn said as he began to walk back towards the Blackbird, wincing from his wound, and making a note to patch it up as soon as this kid was safe.

IC:

"Copy Titanium Blonde. This is Blue Chick, I have an airborne vehicle that might work. What do you have in mind?" Jennifer said over the com-channel.

"And what is Harkan's ETA?"

Edited by FleX-Man

IC:

“Something made you smile. What was it?” Tera asked, crossing her arms across her chest and regarding the SHIELD agent askance. Then, after a pause, “... On second thought, it might be best if I went to check on those two. I think I hear noises.”

IC:

When the shot first rang out, I was in motion. Seemed like another hostile was -bent on putting a few rounds in me, and I wasn’t going to give him the chance. That changed with two realizations.

First, that was a body hitting the ground behind me.

Second, that was one familiar face in front of me.

I couldn’t help it. I grinned, and snapped off a cheeky salute with one hand.

“Heya, McKnight. What’s new?”

IC:

Rebekah silently ejected the magazine from her rifle, replacing it in a flash of violet with a fully loaded one that she promptly slapped into place. Strictly speaking, her old one wasn’t entirely out of ammo, nor was it useless; so she used the same power to return it to her storage. She was not, however, going to go wading into battle with anything less than full capacity. Not when she had a choice.

Dallas Green, however, was bound and determined to ensure that the majority of her ammunition was spent in his defense.

She began advancing down the street, rifle primed and ready to intercept incoming enemies. She did not, however, look back as she issued a single order; “Green, stay behind me. Your advances are problematic.”

IC:

“Unusual adjective, but I’m glad.” Rebekah responded, lazily opening one eye. She’d been lying on the bed for several minutes now, thoroughly ensconced in fluffy attire of her own, and enjoying the relaxing atmosphere.

She was only now opening her eyes again for the first time in several minutes.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"PEEEEOPLEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OOOOOF EAAAAAAAARTH!"

The voice was warped, distorted, echoing within the ball; not even Red Skull was so over-the-top evil that he would make such a declaration with his own two lungs. The Hydra leader's garbled tones echoed throughout Times Square, and those civilians who had not yet fled or been trampled either began to flee or began trampling each other in the wake of the ugly baritone. Down the street, the X-Men (finally dispatching the first wave of attackers who had fallen on the Blackbird) all stopped their advance and started sharing tentative glances with each other. One of the Dallas' (and it was a testament to Red Skull that no one knew which) whispered "There's always a bigger ..." while Rebekah grimly changed out one magazine for another. Christine derisively kicked a Hydra corpse aside.

"A year ago, I vowed to bring down almighty Luna in a show of HYDRA's power, and for a year your governments chose to defy me, fight me, even mock me! No more! Tonight, the first night of this glorious new epoch, I will show you all how well HYDRA keeps its promises! This device, given new purpose beyond mere, mean mutation, will obliterate your precious moon, and use the energy trapped within its core to carry HYDRA beyond the stars...to the realms of gods!"

Parked outside a certain Buffalo Wild Wings, many blocks away, Dominik Lord looked at the millenia-old surrogate aunt in the passenger's seat and sighed.

"There will be no grand speeches this time!" Red Skull announced, punctuating each line in his grand speech. "There will be no chance for further surrender! Those who survive tonight face only subjugation! Those who attempt resistance will encounter swift justice! Those who serve faithfully will be meted out rewards! Let no world plead ignorance of what has happened here tonight! HEIL HYDRA! HEAR US!"

00:00:00:02

00:00:00:01

00:00:00:00

The top of the ball exploded.

Persephone patted herself down in confusion. No scorch marks. No body parts atomized. A few systems scrambled, but...no, wait, there was thrusters, there were her hands and feet...only her hearing seemed to be even remotely buzzing--

"aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAGH"

The sight of Red Skull, falling helplessly to the ground as the Red Wave dissipated underneath him, would have been almost comical...if he hadn't been growing visibly before the eyes of onlookers still in the square. Aleks English, ever vigilant, tried taking him down twice with a sniper rifle, but the bullets only pinged uselessly off the HYDRA-make Iron Man armor that he wore. Romulus began barking orders in several tongues to members of the Legion spread out throughout the war zone that Times Square and streets implicit had become.

And all the while, Red Skull grew.

Ten feet, twenty, twenty five...by the time he hit the ground before the Coke billboard, he left a crater deep enough to park three cars on top of each other in. Standing shakily to his feet, he towered, impressive in his Iron Man suit, at about one hundred and twenty feet, tall as any Sleeper - and he was hideous. As if a giant, gaunt red skull wasn't enough for the...Red Skull...the failure of his would-be taxi to Asgard had clearly warped and deformed him. If anyone had bothered to ask the Brotherhood mutants spread out across the fight, they could have given you as decent an explanation as could be - Pietro Maximoff's Red Wave machine had never been considered safe enough for use, and HYDRA had just demonstrated to the world exactly why.

And the fall had made a ruin out of Schmidt's funhouse mirror of a face, leaving pockmarked acne-like scars of concrete and chunks of glass framing his angular jaw. One eye was a mangled ruin set inside his hollow facial structure. Archangels and Iron Men, dogfighting in the air in streaks of blue and white minutes before, stopped and stared alike. On the ground, every head was craned up. Lacey Marko tried to call her boss, and found no signal.

Even the Red Skull looked shocked for about two seconds, rubbing sullenly at his jaw and spitting out a tooth the size of a Hyundai. It was only then that he seemed to have realized what was happening.

"No, don't do it," John Howlett groaned, even as the newly-swollen HYDRA leader reached up with his newly-swollen repulsor beam and vaporized about a dozen hovering SHIELD and HYDRA shock troopers in one swoop. 

"Oh, ," Alex muttered, watching from a window half a mile above. 

The Red Skull began to laugh again, and somehow his voice was even more distorted now than it had been inside the ball. 

On the other side of the world, Ophelia Sarkissian folded her hands in prayer and waited for it all to end.

OOC: Your new (and most important yet) goal: take down Red Skull! I mean it, no strings attached - he's big, he's mean, and chances are if you rush him head on your PC is getting stepped on and annihilated, but between people who control PMCs, Helicarriers, and mutants of all stripes, you can topple this campy lunatic for good and all. I hope you do. 

Let's get physical; let's get serious.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Jeffery Pryde

Oh...oh ######...oh...

"So...I'm guessing..." Jeff cleared his throat as he stared at the giant, hideous Red Skull. He composed himself. "I'm guessing it's time to play David and Goliath?" This was seriously getting ridiculous, even for them.

IC: Shiloh

​It was hard to miss the giant monstrosity that used to be Red Skull standing tall in the heart of the city. The assembled army of machines trembled at the sight of him for a moment, but they pressed on. This was their purpose and they would see it through, no matter how short lived. 

"Rene...are you seeing that too? Or am I hallucinating?" She couldn't be sure.

Edited by Grochi Cat

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Ic:

"... Did you hear something..?" Trinity asked something, her head slowly poking out of the pillows.

-

Elsewhere, Kristen Hailey was not a religious person. She wasn't the strongest of individuals either. Between all the never-ending that her life seemed to entail and her own ever-growing personal problems, she was somewhat accustomed to seeing things that disturbed others... Abeit weak of heart compared to others from her home dimension. So it wasn't much surprise when she ducked, covered, hurled, and began praying for some sort of miracle.

IC: Aella

I heard it too...how could I not? It was loud. I found myself quickly growing afraid, though I wasn't entirely sure why. I stepped toward the window and pulled away the curtain. 

I...I saw him. He was...big...no huge! And red...why was he so red? Just like the lights from before...and he was ugly. He wore shiny special armor than made him look all the more imposing. I...I knew who he was...back at the lab I'd seen his face before...everyone that was HYDRA seemed to fear and respect it...he was HYDRA. 

They're here...attacking... I just stared out the window, I didn't do anything, I didn't scream, or short angrily, or cry, I didn't have a tear on my face. I just stood there, I didn't know what to think. Was this actually happening? How could this actually be happening? It didn't make sense. 

Edited by Grochi Cat

IC (Saphine Mark)

Saphine Mark looked grim for all of ten seconds. "Boys. Gals. Remainder. This is the closest we will ever get to killing Mecha-Hitler. We will never get a chance like this again." She glanced at her crew. "Alright. Aim for the kneecaps, if those don'tt work, aim for something that'll hurt and hey-Lenny, you get still got that disc I handed you?"

Lenny or whatever his name actually was nodded. "Good. I want all sound systems on-"

"Actually." Said the driver, who she suddenly found herself disliking intensely. "We don't have a sound system onboard. Not really."

Saphine sighed. "Fine. We still get to kill Mecha-Skull. Whatever. We'll save the USSR's national anthem backed by Queen for another day. Make this ###### bleed for me. If his death screams don't make for a passable opera, I'm holding you all accountable. That goes double for the gunners." The Revenging's turret swung around and without further ado, started to spit a stream of explosive-shaped gifts from Mother Russia at the now-hulking Red Skull. Express delivery. Same-day shipping.

Anti-armor rounds were the gift that kept on giving after all. 

IC (Alecto)

"...I'm not going to go for the eyes. Just gonna make that clear. Just because I fly doesn't mean I want to put myself within grabbing distance for Herr Optimus down there." Alecto gazed down on the battlefield from up above, having momentarily ceased his frantic evasive maneuvers at the sight of the Jolly Red Giant. "My life needs to get alot less interesting alot quicker. Any one of you packing heavy fire power? Stabbing and pistols just isn't gonna cut it right now. Snow, if you've got a giant robot Uncle Sam hidden away anywhere...now'd be the time."

IC (Leon Kane)

Leon didn't really know what was going on anymore. He'd excused himself from Jenna's presence as politely as possible...well, as politely as one could whilst scaling the side of a building and speaking too quickly to be understand by most people. Then HYDRA had started to show up....and it seemed like enchanted daggers and a pistol did shockingly little against a German in powered armor. They shrugged off pain like Detroit shrugged off mayors. So he'd spent the last five minutes being chased ever closer in times square by an what could be lightly described as a Nazi terminator.

And then someone had run Ahnold over with what *looked* like a Soviet BMP. 

And then something had blown up.

And then things stopped making sense to him. That normally meant Jenna was nearby....but somehow he doubted he could pin this on her. For now.

IC (Romulus)

Romulus was having the time of his very very long life. His gladius was stained crimson with the blood of barbarians, his armor was dented with the impact of bullets and thanks to a certain member of the Hellfire Club, coordinating his forces was easier then it had been in awhile. His legion was back where it belonged, in the thick of combat, defending a center of civilization from the hordes of savagery. The fact that one Lacey Marko had finally developed a proper battlecry was icing on the proverbial cake. 

And now Red Skull had, evidently, grown as large as he was imbecilic. It had been such a long time since he'd slain a foe he could truly call a giant...in the literal sense at least. "Legionnaires!" His voice rang out over the radio, the square and indeed the very minds of his forces. "Shall we let this insult to the Gigantes stand!? End this embarrassment to humanity! To the very cosmos!" Taking that as an order, and perhaps, aided by his analysis of the beasts new form and it's probable weakpoints, the guns of the Legion began to speak again. 

Romulus, reluctantly, had sheathed his blade in exchange for his anti-armor rifle. There was a certain wisdom that came with the years. Wisdom that said charging something that large when you weren't mounted on a war elephant tended to be a bad idea. This wisdom also had opinions on the interaction of bullets with eyes.

Wisdom he certainly intended to put into practice.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

Well. 

######.

I'm not going to lie, I'm not going to sugar coat it. That's terrifying. That is a German psychopath the size of a very, very large building. I've faced a lot of things. Mutants, including some ###### big ones, people, even a robot a time or two. Even the Sleepers, tough though they were, weren't very intimidating. Not for me. I've piloted better. For years I faced down enemies in several tons of good old fashioned American ingenuity, a walking arsenal. ENF-003 Sieg, a mechanical marvel in every way, was my force equalizer. Like the Colt of old, he evened every set of odds I found.

Well. Or made 'em worse for the other guy. 

Now? Now I'm on the other end. Somewhere that ###### Karma is laughing harder than she ever has, because now I'm the one facing down a titanic being on foot. Most of Hydra's mooks, by this point, are dead or scattered. Only the big guy was in view. Slowly my head starts working again, gears turning in the old brain. My fingers dance across the controls on my arm, selecting one of a myriad of options. With quiet mechanical sounds, both of my weapons release several locks, permitting me to begin twisting and re-configuring.

"Time to get a better firing angle, McKnight."

IC:

Rebekah stood, stony faced, watching the events unfold. Finally, after several moments of silence, she turned to the other assembled X-Men and Ultimates. "I think we have reached the threshold wherein all necessary force is allowable."

Edited by Riku Tryon

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC(Drachentocht - Before Red Skull Supersized It):

The mercenary stood with one black boot on the neck of a gargling HYDRA soldier, firing an AK-47 from the hip as she scanned the crowd for her employer, who had - perhaps unwisely - chosen to personally take part in this mess once it became clear that HYDRA was afoot.

No such look. Too many hostiles, not enough of them dead and bleeding. Shifting to a one-handed grip, the Swiss merc wrenched a canister of kerosene from her belt and took a good, long swig. Next came the magnesium flare, which she struck against the rough fabric of her pants to light it. Next came destruction.

-- (Cynegild) --

Fire is, if you think about it the right way, the perfect one-liner. It's an acceptable comeback to anything anyone can throw at you, and there are no comebacks, no verbal barbs or witticisms, potent enough to turn it back.

This is Sparta? You're on fire.

You underestimate the power of the Dark Side? You're on fire.

They may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom. You're. On. Fire.

Heil Hydra? Guess what.

"FEUER FREI!"

Yeah. On fire. The night - already unnaturally bright from the city's lights, gunfire on all sides, and HYDRA's hideous monument to their leader's insanity, was illuminated further still by the harsh white glow of a magnesium flare, followed with a roar by the dragon's violent breath as Drachentocht, operating in perfect form, spat flames at the nearest standing enemy soldiers, adding their screams to the dreadful chorus of the HYDRA attack.

Cynegild watched it all from a corner, smiling grimly to himself as he judged the distance to the nearest target. One lightly armored HYDRA footsoldier came within striking distance, and Picker lashed out, one arm snaking around the soldier's neck as the other brought a stiletto in below the neo-Nazi's ribs, perforating his kidneys as he was dragged back into the shadows. Cynegild's chokehold on him was tight - but not enough to entirely choke off a cry for help just before the soldier sank to his knees, still held up as a human shield before his relatively unarmored assailant. Almost immediately, a nearby soldier turned from the general melee, shining a flashlight into the dark corner as Picker clung tighter to his shield.

"Now, here's the thing, friend," Cynegild whispered into the ear of his prey, having shifted his knife hand to pin the soldier's arms, "Your friend over there thinks you still have a chance at making it out of this. Think he'd be willing to put two through his mate just to put down one bogey?"

"Cut off... one head. T-two more... shall... shall take," the soldier choked out, blood flecking his chin with red.

"Oh, balls, you're really stupid enough to believe all that, aren't you?"

"My... c-comrade shall... shall avenge me. Heil..."

The doomed soldier did not finish the slogan before his comrade opened fire.

---

(Flashback - Cynegild Picker - Congo)

As silently as possible, they crept through the stadium corridors with no light to guide them beyond the dim glow of emergency lighting set into the floors. When they came to a juncture, the group split - Cynegild would head directly for the stands and the precise coordinates Chausiku had transmitted, while the mercenaries would go around, ensuring that the corridors were indeed free of hostiles, freeing captives where they found them, and planting explosives to begin the work of disrupting the ritual the Brothers of the Yellow Sign had invested so much in.

Now moving alone, Cynegild holstered his pistol, reasoning that it would do him no good to use such a noisy weapon without back-up. Drawing a pair of long, narrow-bladed knives instead, he crept, slowly, into the diffuse light of the sun, now largely blocked by massive black and purple clouds that squatted heavily where Cynegild was sure they hadn't been not so long ago. Scanning the stands, he noticed several things about the disposition of the occupants of this section, so high above the field.

It would have been a simpler day if the hundred or so hostages bound hand and foot were the first thing that stood out, but they took a rather distant second to their captors. This close to the ritual site, no longer did the forces aiding the Brothers hide behind tinted windows. Along with a trio of yellow-robed guards, two winged figures stood like a sick parody of guardian angels. Their skin, a sickly, opalescent green, glistened with a moisture that could not wholly be water, their wings, while broadly bat-like, could not entirely be so, for here and there crept in hints of something more primitive; the fins of some vast, evil fish, or perhaps those of a monstrous squid. The shape of their bodies carried in it something of humanity, though the ridged claws, and the spiracles that sucked so noisily at the air, were definitely new. Nor could the head have ever come from any man or woman, though the eyes, when glimpsed, burned with a hatred Cynegild had never seen in any animal. No, the head was far closer to some vast, malignant cephalopoid, with thick muscular tentacles that hung to the chest like heavy, algae-encrusted ropes.

The monstrous sentinels had to be a priority. He couldn't kill all five guards without some of them catching on, and if those two were alive when the attack was revealed, well, he'd be less of a parkour enthusiast and more of a broken, shredded sack of meat and bone. They had to go first - and together, if possible - so he would have a chance against their mortal helpers.

Weighing his options for a moment, Cynegild did the only thing that made sense - taking a deep breath, he flung both of the knives as straight as he could, watching with bated breath as they spun end over end through the air, flying silently towards the monsters guarding the hostages - and landing simultaneously with a wet, meaty squish as both went down, convulsing and grabbing futilely for their heads.

As soon as the heavy-hitters were down, Cynegild was up, running towards the cultists as he drew his pistol and they tried, too slow, to adjust to the abrupt change in the situation. Three shots, three shattered masks, and he ran onwards to the hostages themselves, jumping lightly over the monsters and their still-twitching hands. In the midst of the group, the only hostage he truly needed sat, satchel still with her and her very best death glare fixed directly on Cynegild as he knelt down to begin cutting through the ropes tying her wrists. Before he could begin asking for intel, she cut in.

"You did not tell me you were sending me into some kind of doomsday cult, Picker."

"I rather thought it was implied," came the sharply whispered reply as one of the ropes came free.

"Doomsday cults are not implied."

"Yes, yes, we can discuss this further when it comes time for your pay. Get to the important details - have you noticed any likely storage sites for tomes, scrolls, strange artefacts with mystical powers, anything like that?"

Still staring daggers at him, the journalist pointed silently towards the announcer's booth, two levels up.

---

OOC: This post was originally intended to be much longer, but this will have to do for now. I'll catch up to Red Skull's fun-sizing and move things along in the flashback later.

• Upvote 1

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Michael McKnight

"You know," said Michael finally, a myriad of emotions flashing across his face as he attempted to take in the appearance of the biggest Nazi ever. "I'm having some really horrible déjavu here."

His pistol was ... measly. There was only something else that could fight the Red Skull in his possession.

He didn't want to use it.

But.

"I need you to escort me somewhere," he continued, slipping into the voice he used whenever he ordered his squadmates around. "I may not be able to get a better firing angle, but I might have some more firepower."

It was time to get back in the seat.

IC: Mikhail

Oh dear.

IC: Gabriel McKnight

"Um, well ..."

Gabe searched his mind for a description of what was happening.

"He's ... hotter than usual?"

IC:

“Thanks Cali,” Johnathan said to his teammate as he pulled his claws in, tucked away his pistol on one hand and slipped the metal Hydra-Ironman hand over his fist. Ducking beneath cover, he then lifted himself up enough before he took a few repulsor blasts at the giant Red Skull’s knees.

Pew. Pew.

"If I die, make sure I'm buried with two bad *****es, okay Dallas?" Johnathan said before he tossed him the other metal-hand. "I don't know if you want this, but you might need to use it."

IC:

“This doesn’t look good.” Ashlynn said to Alecto and Jessika. “Massive firepower? Nope just a pistol and standard vampire powers.” She sighed. In the distance she noticed someone familiar. Johnathan Howlett. Could it be? The X-Men were actually dispatched?

IC:

“All units in the area… it’s going to take everything we have to take him down.” Jessika reported. She focused the scope of her rifle from the rooftop she’d been on up to this point and began to fire at Red Skull’s injured eye.

IC:

“Aleks… how are we supposed to beat this thing?” Christine Marie said over the com link as Red Skull suddenly grew several stories taller. She couldn’t have been happier for borrowing John’s healing factor for this fight, except not even that could save her if Red Skull decided to step on her.

“****ing Pietro and his Red Wave technology!” Christine grimaced as she took cover. Quinn ducking down next to her and not looking too happy about this either.

“I’m not sure I signed up for this.” Quinn shook his head.

“Too bad, now you have to deal with it.” Christine said before she lifted herself up and unleashed a massive sonic blast at Red Skull before ducking back down.

IC:

Terrance let out a string of curses after he watched the spectacle. “I need some firepower… I need a rocket launcher or something.” He said to himself. It was times like these he really wished he’d kept the rocket launcher he’d taken from those thugs at the dock.

IC:

Kane had enough. He decided to get onto the nearest building for a better vantage point to start unleashing bouts of flame at the Red Giant. He finally pulled himself to the top of the roof and focused on Red Skull when several bullets erupted by his side. He jumped away and whirled around to see he wasn’t alone on the rooftop.

The man had dark brown hair that was gelled back, and equally as fierce brown eyes. He was dressed in a black suit with a white tie, and had what appeared to be the metal barrel of a mini-gun protruding from one of his palms. Kane knew this man.

“Maverick?” he said suddenly.

“How do you know my name?” Maverick said as he narrowed his eyes.

“We we’re in Weapon-X together! You know me!” Kane shouted now.

“I don’t know you! I’ve been hired to kill you!” he said as he raised his palm.

“Think about it man, who would want me dead? Weapon-X! They’re back and they’re tying up their loose ends!”

“I don’t believe you!” Maverick said as the barrel began to spin and bullets began to erupt and fly straight towards Kane Johnson.

Edited by FleX-Man

IC: Jesika

"I s t hi s NO R MAL  h ere-?"

Suffice to say, Jesika nearly shrieked as the building-sized Nazi rose up from the ground, and her voice most definitely cracked as her body tried to expressed five different words at once.  Instinctively she pulled back, coming to a slightly more than painful stop mid-air, her metallic wings sounding a low metallic beat through the air as she kept herself aloft.  Her electric yellow eyes were wide and dilated, and her breath came fast, but she seemed otherwise focused.  Yeah, nice one.  Screaming like a little girl, that was attractive.

She glanced over at Alecto, a plan slowly forming in her mind.

Alright, so she wasn't a tech genius, but as far as she knew, most things were electronic things were, well electric.  And while bullets were doing jack #### to that thing's armor, something else might be able to get through.

"I might... have something."

Purple arcs of energy danced around her hand.

IC: Megan

OH GOD.

####.

OH GOD #### NO.

#### #### ####.

Is that a ZIT?

Two eyes stared back at her with a featureless, inky gaze, their shape distorted ever so slightly from the gleaming silver metal.  Megan tilted her head in an attempt to locate the offending party better, pulling back the lock of stark white hair that had been hiding (traitor) the rogue element.  A moment longer of careful aerial observation utilizing her Eyeball Mk I failed to bring up sufficient evidence of the existence of the blemish, and she let out a sigh of relief.  Right uh, she was doing stuff.

Megan dropped her arm away from head-height, and glanced up.  A rather patriotically colored gauntlet of red, white, and blue covered her forearm and hand, the gleaming metallic surface having provided a nice temporary mirror.  Before her stood the Iron Man suit, sans arm, with a noticeable difference from when she was first introduced to it.  Most notably the fact that suit itself was opened, cracks along the seams visible, making the thing look like an old and worn statue that was slowly falling apart.  The security hadn't been too hard to heck through, though she'd kinda given up trying to convince the computer systems that it had to eject the "wearer" and instead just thrown processor power at it.  In the end, she'd won out, her rig turning out to be worth more than just being able to run max'ed Crysis 3.

Of course, the first thing she did was put it on.  Alright, so maybe the chest piece had been too tight for comfort, but it had been a great few minutes tromping around in full armor.  Until she realized why the thing had built in actuators, and spent twice that time trying to get the thing off, coming out of the ordeal looking suitably ruffled.

Ugghhh.

Right, she'd have to find out how to get the thing booted up before trying that again.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Well there went her plan of simply shearing off the spike that held the New Year ball and hoisting the whole thing away...

Persephone landed behind a billboard for cover as she ran through the options. Size-changers were tricky to deal with as it was, their bones becoming stronger, muscles becoming denser, all to deal with the extra mass and weight they were carrying round. It meant they were generally phenomenally tough and really strong. Which was all kinds of frustrating. Add to that the armour he was wearing and you were looking more at the "invulnerable" field of things.

And who knew what other physics-defying things had been gifted to the Skull with his experiment in whatever it was he was trying to do. He could be imbued with the Power Cosmic for all she knew...

There were too many options. Too many variables. So for now she just watched, to see what would happen with the other attacks being thrown the Skull's way. Bullets were flying towards all sorts of points on his head, the only unarmored part of his body, it would be a useful test to see if they just bounced off his scaled-up skin or if there was some effect. While she waited, she sent a remote call for her heavy armour. It should be all patched up and restocked by now, and she'd need its greater firepower if she was going to help take down the super-size Skull

IC: Upon seeing the sudden appearance of a bald, red head appearing over the New York skyline, Alec threw his hands up and wandered back in the Blackbird. Even the most powerful weapons he could conventionally create from his arm were too limited by power constraints to be effective against something like the human Iron Cross up there. So time to get unconventional. He needed access to the Blackbird's power supply...

IC: Song was instructing all Hellfire troops to fall back and converge on Romulus' location. Wouldn't do to have any of them getting lost. And stepped on.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" her voice sounded in Romulus' head, "You are ants taking on a dinosaur. Forget the infantry and just call in a tactical airstrike."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

Sierra couldn't help but smile slightly when Ashley made her comment about being a "lightweight". It was just so her, after all. It made Sierra think, actually, that maybe she'd wanted something entirely wrong. "Hey, Ashley, if I ever start acting like that again, tell me to stop being such a whiney pain in the a**. I know that I still have a few... issues to work out, but they shouldn't be excuses for my behavior towards people who actually give a d***."

IC: Ashley

Ashley nodded. "I can do that, give you a little tough love if needed!" She gave Sierra a salute, but then put her arm down, it was tiring to move so much. 

"The others went out in the Blackbird to save the city from HYDRA again, I though about turning on the TV but I'm afraid of what I might see." 

IC: Nero rubbed his hand over his eyes, just in case it so happened that they had decided to stop working, or mayhaps he had gone crazy. When the giant crazy red Nazi was still rampaging in the general vicinity when Nero's eyes cleared. Nero came to one conclusion.

"Normal doesn't exist. It never did. I was lied to, and I want a refund on life."

Grumbling various obscenities and profane statements (as was becoming commonplace) about time travel and the moral pros and cons of maybe gettiing rid of Nazi mothers before they could give birth to idiot red-headed soulless children, Nero wheeled towards the fray, following whichever other X-Men that were headed that way.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

​It was hard to miss the giant monstrosity that used to be Red Skull standing tall in the heart of the city. The assembled army of machines trembled at the sight of him for a moment, but they pressed on. This was their purpose and they would see it through, no matter how short lived. 

"Rene...are you seeing that too? Or am I hallucinating?" She couldn't be sure.

IC (Rene)

"If it's a red maniac the size of the Chrysler building, then nope, you're sane."

Rene looked up in slight awe at the towering figure, then back at the army of machines they were leading. "I hope this'll be enough. I mean... this guy's big, sis."

IC (Cody)

So. Now Skull was a couple stories bigger. No sweat. That just made him a bigger target.

Bring it on, you red #####

IC (Rachel)

Dr. Thomas watched the scene unfold from the relative safety of the Institute. Those students who'd chosen not to join the fight were crammed into one of the classrooms, watching a live feed.

IC (Angela)

"Daaaaaken! I'm boooored!"

IC: Peter

"... So should I weigh him down, or lift him up?"

EDIT:

"... I should probably weigh him down. If the square-cube law is in effect, the priportion between his muscle strength and his mass got wider; a little more gravity and he'll just topple over."

Peter wasn't sure if he could manipulate the gravity of such a large area though.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

Shiloh looked at the assembled machinery, they hadn't know life long, for about five minutes in fact. They wouldn't know life for much more than an hour, probably even less against the giant Red Skull. 

"Yeah..." Shiloh replied hoarsely, her voice still weak. "It's now or never."

IC( Drachentocht):

The corpses of two HYDRA soldiers burned merrily in the night as their leader, voice amplified a thousand times and distorted into something inhuman, made his insane speech. Drachentocht, in truth, was only half listening, preoccupied as she was with staying alive and killing Nazis. The next came at her almost silently - unwilling, it seemed, to speak over his master. The glow of the pyres of his fallen comrades glinted in the eyepieces of the jackbooted HYDRA soldier's gasmask as he rushed the Swiss mercenary, bayonet fixed and swinging with lethal intent.

Drachentocht sidestepped the charge, sparing not a glance for the blade - did Red Skull just say something about destroying the moon? - as she struck out with her left foot, taking the footsoldier off-balance as she struck savagely at the base of his neck, sending him sprawling to the bloodied pavement. A boot on his neck - carry HYDRA beyond the stars? - held the Nazi still as her knife buried itself to the hilt between his ribs, ending his struggles as Red Skull's speech reached a crescendo of insanity.

-- (Cynegild) --

For Cynegild, it was a little harder to hear the speech HYDRA's insane leader was giving, as the pain in his chest was fairly good at blocking things like that out. The HYDRA soldier so intent on avenging his comrade - by shooting through that same comrade - had been taken out by some of the shrapnel that was now flying back and forth across Times Square, but not before he'd put a couple of bursts through the corpse Cynegild had counted on to shield him.

The best part was, Cynegild had no idea how many had gotten through his vest. His shirt was ruined, but that was no indicator. The Nazi sprawled across his chest bled like a slaughtered hog, so he couldn't exactly check if he was bleeding, because he was covered in blood anyway. Couldn't gauge it by how he was feeling, either; he hadn't really been shot in the chest before, so he wasn't sure if this was the terrible, breathing-really-hurts pain of a dying man, or the terrible, breathing-really-hurts pain of a significantly bruised man.

Well.

He didn't know if he was perfectly fine, or about to die.

If he wasn't dying, then staying in one place lying under a dead guy wasn't the best way to maintain the status quo, plus he still had Nazis to kill.

If he was dying, then he could still make himself terribly annoying to some classless kraut, but he wasn't going to do that laying under a dead guy.

He had just managed to shove the HYDRA soldier's corpse off of him, had just managed to stand up and get a fix on the big, stupid ball with Red Skull's big, stupid face on it when the whole thing exploded, and back to the pavement he went.

• Upvote 1

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The machines made various beeps, whirls sounds, and other machine like noises that together almost sounded like a battle-cry. They charged the red giant, bulldozing (some quite literally) toward Red Skull's left heel.

Edited by Lara Croft

IC:

"No one's dying today."

Four little words, but easily the most positive thing that Rebekah Fell had said all year. It was, in its own way, a sign of the end of days. Not for them, not for the X-Men, not for the Ultimates, not for New York. It was a sign that the dark haired woman continuing to advance upon the crimson giant several hundred times her size had abandoned doubt, abandoned realism, in favor of one, unshakable statement.

No one would die.

Without ambiguity, without hesitation, the words were as much a battle cry as a reassurance. Nothing would be held in reserve, not in defense of that single truth. She felt the limits on her musculature release; she had never had the words to properly describe that feeling. It was raw power, an instant multiplier of the force at her command. She remembered the training she had been put through, learning to be able to preserve fine manipulation of her fingers, to preserve the ability to control the force she applied, even while her muscles operated at full capacity. Her breathing slowed as she assumed conscious control, forcing her lungs to maintain a measured pace.

Violet light wreathed her form, as every firearm that she had been carrying faded away into the void, the light only swelling as they were replaced.

If ever a telepath had examined her mind, they would have found the secret to her retrieval. In her mind the storage dimension was a massive warehouse, organized room by room with like items grouped and stored. Rooms ordered by the severity of the armaments within, culminating in a single room. The place, this one subdivision of the weaponry at her disposal, was rarely touched. Her entire arsenal was divided, in her mind, based upon what was situationally appropriate. She had, at any time, the option to unleash enough firepower to level her opposition. But when dealing with a robher, the majority of her arsenal was not appropriate.

In this situation, on the other hand, her entire arsenal was permitted. Time would tell if it was enough.

The light faded as she returned from that place in her mind, and when she returned she had brought her arsenal with her. A NATO-issue minigun, modified to accept a belt sling, hung at the small of her back, and a bandolier was fastened securely about her torso. An RPG launcher was held in each hand, braced against her shoulder, and their ammunition took up every inch of available space on the belt around her chest. A short distance ahead of her teammates she crouched, bracing herself against the ground, and aiming both launchers at the titanic Hydra leader. Projectiles flew with two quick pulls of the trigger, screaming towards their target.

She was forced to amend her statement.

One person would die.

IC:

"Tell me where we're headed, and I'll get you there."

Have to admit, even I was surprised by how casual that ended up sounding. World's going to , giant Nazi's smashing his way through Manhattan, and here I am making promises. Ah well. I moved my rifles to my back, now notably combined into one big, glorious unit of death. But Buster Mode'd need to wait, I had to get the old boss on his way safely.

With my now free right hand I drew my sidearm, glancing back at Michael. To be honest...

I think I know what firepower he's talking about.

Edited by Riku Tryon

fK5oqYf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

IC: Captain Allergen shifted slightly in his bed as he recovered from the concussion he sustained during the Duncan Donuts kerfuffle. His eye twitched slightly.

bluefish.jpg

One Way,

One Truth,

One Life

IC: Ashley

Ashley sighed. "I wanted to go with Dallas...but I can barely stand right now. Dallas promised he'd return though." She blushed as she thought about the kiss they'd shared.

Edited by Lara Croft

IC: Captain Allergen suddenly woke up from his concussion-induced coma. He had just had a startling dream about how he was experimented on by some shadowy organization who had tried to turn him into the ultimate assassin- someone who could kill somebody without leaving any trace on the body... somebody who could trigger heart attacks in a target from a distance. The dream was getting pretty intense until Borvil the magical Unicorn appeared bearing gifts of candy and hot cocoa. 

"Borvil!" said Captain Allergen, knowing the name of the Unicorn though the two of them had never met before. "What are you doing here?"

"Me? Oh, I'm just here to OBLITERATE YOUR PRECIOUUSSSS MOOOOOOOON.

This was when he had woke up. He looked around, and tenderly felt where he had received a blow in the head. He got up, stretched, and fixed himself a bowl of cereal. When he was done, he took a shower, got dressed, and went outside. His memory had been further affected by the vicious concussion, and he couldn't remember a thing that had happened at the Duncan Donuts. In fact, he could barely remember what had happened for the last three months.

To Captain Allergen, he had only been asleep for one day, though in reality he had been out for weeks. He stepped out to find some crime to fight... and he didn't have to wait long. The city was in chaos. Suddenly, an armored man flew overhead, firing laser blasts from his hands. Captain Allergen gasped.

"AH! IT'S IRON MAN! I LOVE THAT GUY!" 

He followed after the Ironman, trying to get his attention.

Edited by Ichthys

bluefish.jpg

One Way,

One Truth,

One Life