Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

"Noooooope. Came back after the battle. Saw Bekah and Dallas on TV, figured I'd drop in. Besides...California was full of dead ends, up and down." Brooklyn actually stood up and went to grab the phone, turning the speaker off and holding it between her cheek and one tanned shoulder as she mugged in the mirror.

"I mean, I got plenty of stuff. Some keychains. Pictures of me on the beach. A lotta phone numbers I'll never use. One weak lead on a few treasure hunters who were in the San Francisco Bay back before Las Vegas, but by now that's cold. I just kinda figured...I'd give it a few more weeks until I'm flat broke, and then head back to Westchester or something." 

She sighed and walked back out of the mirror, towards the suitcase. She might as well get dressed after all.

"Think I might check another few pawn shops and specialty stores today. Don't let me keep you from your ogling," Brook said as she pulled on a tank top and scoured her suitcase for a pair of clean black jeans. "Remember, Jesika, you won't turn him straight with just eye contact."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Jesika

"Yeah yeah," her gaze flicked to Batboy, who was still locked in a highly suggestive staring contest, not like he'd care about the color spreading into her face, really.  "Hey you should come by, we could get everyone together."

It felt... strange to talk about a gathering of interdimensionally traveling mutants like some high school gathering, but some normalcy was why she decided not to go after the dark and dangerous things in this world.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

"I..."

Brooklyn, halfway through buttoning up her skinny jeans, sighed softly.

"...I don't know who'd even pick up for me these days. Card hated my brother, Zack is still back home, I've been trying to hook up Bekah with Dallas since forever, so Tali would just ignore me...besides, I don't know what good a wingwoman is when my friend is the one with the wings."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Can't really live all that much in a dorm, either, Dallas." Siri paused, as if thinking. "Get some fresh air. If I am, it's probably a good sign that you should be, too."

IC:

"Not like that's any great hardship on you." Rebeah commented with an implied roll of her eyes, headed for the exit of the building. "All you have to do is ride along."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"If you'd like, yeah. Is a shirt optional?"

IC:

Brooklyn chewed her lip in thought as she pulled on her second Chuck Taylor.

"...Yeah, sure, I have time for you. Where's Wild Wings?"

IC:

"Hey hey whoa, what the 's that supposed to mean? I pour untold amounts of man hours just into attempting to put a smile on your face. I'm always under hardship."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Good talk, bro. See you in the fresh air."

Dallas reluctantly pocketed his e-cigarette and iPhone, tilted the brim up on his baseball cap slightly, and started rifling through his shoe rack for something to wear outside. When he'd found a pair of old Vans, he slipped out into the hallways (I don't wanna I don't wanna don't make me don't), down the stairs, and out the door.

It was a big campus. Maybe he should've asked where Alex was.

IC:

"Says the girl who won't smile for me."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Dallas, slightly churlish, started to walk listlessly out towards the east lawn.

"Yooo?"

IC:

"That's why it pisses me off. If I was irritating you, at least you'd have an excuse not to smile."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Ashley

Ashley stared at Kristen, looking more than a little shocked. Had she just...laughed at her? She felt a bit of anger rise inside her, she didn't need to be reminded about how unfair life was. The anger quickly disappeared as she remembered what had happened last time she got angry, it made the tears flow freely again. 

She understood that Kristen had her own hurts and problems, but she couldn't feel sorry for her, not right now. She hurt too much, she couldn't handle it...she'd wanted someone to talk to, not someone to laugh at her pain. 

She slowly stood up from the dirt she'd been sitting in, her legs wobbled and her vision blurred briefly as she nearly blacked out. She found herself wishing she hadn't shattered that last bottle, being sober really sucked. 

"I...I'm..." She tried to speak, but found herself unable to form words. So she just started to walk away, her plan was to go to her dorm and take a really long shower, at least in there no one would come in and laugh at Sakuya's death. 

IC: Jeff

"I can see that Gabe." Jeff had been spending a good ten minutes watching Gabe devour cream puffs. The saddest thing about it was Jeff found it pretty normal, he'd been hanging around Gabe way too long. 

"You gonna share any?"

Edited by Leonard Bones McCoy

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Kristen was aware when Ashely walked away, and how much Kristen's words hurt her. Which is why she didn't properly pull herself together until no small deal of time had passed.

"I really hate myself," she forced out, all-too familiar feelings boiling under her skin. She slowly rose to her feet, mind racing as she desperately thought for a way to put everything to an end. But nothing came to mind. Usually she could conjure up some grim fantasy, think of some way that would extinguish her spark of life, but this time there was nothing. Nothing came to her either, as she trekked back to her dorm. And when she began to forcefully dissemble the furniture in her dorm with her mechanical arm, nothing came to mind either. Except for taking out her rage and frustration on the desks and chairs.

IC:

She curled up under her blankets, trying to preserve any last shred of her own body heat. Awkwardly pulling them up over her head, she dug under the pillow and pulled out a small cellphone. "Almost dead." she muttered, a small pit of nervousness rapidly forming in her chest.

Struggling with accuracy due to the numbness of her fingers, she slowly but surely typed out a message:

-

Ashley

I left again

You have them

I'm only wanted by my family

Do you know about Hellfire?

Maybe you never would have confronted her if I hadn't flipped out again

I'm sorry

Guess I screwed you over

If you need something, tell me

-

She hit send right as another wave came. A fuzzy blackness came over her mind, blurring and confusing her thoughts briefly. She looked down at the phone, stunned to see it in her hand.

She shrugged and put it back, laying down only to stare into the nighttime blackness of her room.

IC:

"Fiiiiiiine. But you really need more friends, baby. One day there may come a time when I'm not gonna be available to cuddle in our sleepwear and split Cherry Garcia. You'll need backup."

Brooklyn tilted her cap along her quasi-dyed hair and bounded out of her hotel room to the elevator.

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"We all have an excuse, Dallas. Every Ultimate does. Some more than others. It just so happens that most of us channel that right into less internal effects."

IC:

"Hey, Dallas." The technopath answered from his seat on the grass, glancing back at the chonokinetic. "What's new?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

Dallas reached out and hugged Bekah's waist with one arm.

"You're not fighting a war anymore. At home, or here. You're going out for pizza with your best friend, who you made promise not to get himself into anything life threatening. Relaaax. Limber up a little."

IC:

Dallas landed with a ploomp and a sigh atop his knees. Alex was put on the receiving end of the strongest smile he could muster, as well as a light, teasing puff of vanilla-scented vapor.

"Hey bro. Not much. Whatcha need me for?"

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Emotionally."

IC:

Dallas shrugged and sprawled out in the grass, wrapping his fingers around blades and resting his head on Alex's knee.

"Okay. Done."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Ashley

When Ashley finally came out of the shower it had been over an hour. Once she was dryed off and fully dressed she collapsed onto her bed, physically an emotionally exhausted. She felt a lot better though, the shower had washed away all the dirt, tears, and sweat. It couldn't wash away the pain of loss unfortunately, if only it had been that simple. 

She decided that sleep would be the simplest way to forget about it, not to mention how tired she was. She decided to check her phone, in case Dallas or Alex had left her any messages. She found neither, and instead there was a message from Sierra. 

Ashley
I left again
You have them
I'm only wanted by my family
Do you know about Hellfire?
Maybe you never would have confronted her if I hadn't flipped out again
I'm sorry
Guess I screwed you over
If you need something, tell me

Ashley quickly started forming a reply. She wasn't sure what Sierra's family was really like, but for some reason there was a feeling of dread in the pit of her stomach. 

Hey Sierra, you don't have anything to be sorry for, I would have confronted her eventually, it was really just a matter of time. What is Hellfire? And are you alright? Do you want me to come find you? I don't care how far it is I'll come. She sent it. 

IC: Jeff

"Hmmm....yeah I suppose it does." Jeff admitted, crossing his arms on the table and placing his head on top. "There has to be something though, even if it's crazy...I'm dying of boredom." He knew with Gabe he might regret those words, but at the same time it would be more interesting than sitting around eating cream puffs. 
Edited by Leonard Bones McCoy

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Sunlight breathed gently through the open curtains of Elle's bedroom, illuminating a blue-haired girl, still sleeping, but very thoroughly tangled in her duvet. Like, we're not talking one arm tied up here. This is not a case of waking up and having a dead limb for a little while. I mean arms, legs, face -- it is a legitimate shock that this girl is still breathing, I'm gonna be honest here, most people in whatever position she is in would be in the morgue by the afternoon because they had literally smothered themselves. I really don't think I can explain just how impressive this is but believe me, I have never even seen a boy scout tie a knot quite so impenetrable as the one Elle had somehow created in her goddamn sleep. I'd have gone with a sailor for that comparison but let's be real here, you're gonna go sailing you learn three, maybe four knots, and this duvet had at least 20.
Anyway, Elle was lying there, asleep and probably slowly dying of oxygen deprivation, when her alarm began to go off. A personalised alarm. Elle was a get-up-and-go kinda person, y'know? She wasn't the type to wake up and then wait another hour before she got out of bed. Nah. She waited, like, 40 minutes max, and her alarm choice reflected that. Which was why, at 10am, Elle woke up half-smothered in a purple duvet and turned herself over, gasping for air, and tried to brush her hair from herr eyes only to find her hands, wrists, arms, limbs in general a little bit unavailable. Now, most people, if faced with this situation, would probably panic. But Elle had her alarm on her side this morning. Elle had The Shirelles in her corner. She wasn't backing down. She took a deep breath, said a few prayers to her sweet old Irish grandmother, and went back under. Somehow, after what felt like hours of fighting but was still safely in the first minute of Mama Said she was back out again, her arms even more thoroughly trapped than before, but her eyes level with the alarm.

Wake up, ######.

10:00

Snooze          Dismiss

Elle glared back, putting on the most intimidating face she could muster. "F i g h t   m e."
She spent a few more seconds straining, trying to reach her bedside table and her phone's screen with her nose, shuffling along the bed by way of bouncing herself on it, each time a little closer to her goal, but she was cruelly cut short when she reached the edge of her bed and it was still beyond nose-length. "God ######."
Elle aggressively headbutted the table, crying out aggressively in very aggressive pain as it registered with her that there were ways to move a phone that would involve far fewer concussions.
"Don't think this means I'm giving up," she intoned at the phone, which only continued to vibrate and play one of the most empowering and uplifting hits of the 20th century (in Elle's opinion). She struggled for a few more seconds, then stopped, and brought the one hand she'd managed to free to her face. "Oh my god. I'm a ##### idiot."

Elle stilled herself, looking for the individual knots in the quilt and holding her hand over them as they unwound in front of her, slowly freeing everything but her ankle, which she messed up the first time around and telekinetically tightened rather than loosening it, like when you're trying to undo your shoelaces but somehow end up with a smaller, tighter knot, like a frickin knot singularity. A few more seconds before she made a noise that sounded a lot like 'UGH' and just used her power to tear the duvet apart, before she pulled it off with her real, physical hands and stood up, making little circles in midair with the ball of her foot, where a red mark was visible around her ankle thanks to the mishap. "Yep, I've done a number on that one."

Elle walked over to the mirror she'd placed beside her phone, deactivating the alarm and examining her appearance for a second. "Hair: messy. Jawline: on point. Nose... eh, I can live with it."
Make-up wasn't applied too heavily, but just enough to have a little fun with it, and then a wink at her reflection to finish it off. "elle u are a beautiful ray of sunshine and don't let nobody tell u no different."

She'd gotten to the institute only a day earlier, which meant that she had plenty of jumper/t-shirt combos still to exhaust before she needed to hit the shops out here — and plenty of unpacking, but when you're wearing clothes they unpack themselves, as Elle always said, and just as predicted her clothes unpacked themselves all over the floor and the bed (because even with telekinesis, tidying up is a drag). The more space she filled the more she felt at home, except that at home someone would have chided her for the mess by now.

Interior Decorating With Elle:

That surface looks clear. Too clear. Throw some clothes on it, ASAP.

Pink t-shirt, black jumper (one of those ones with the little holes in it, this is probably too much clothing detail but I am NARRATING THE MIND OF A JUMPER ENTHUSIAST AND IT’S A NICE JUMPER OK, AND THE REST OF THE OUTFIT IS PRETTY NEAT TOO despite the questionable combination of black jumper and dark blue skinny jeans but the pink converse kinda evened it all out). Note to self: buy those plastic sunglasses thingies with like, the blinds and #####. What are they called again?
She went back to the mirror, looked herself up and down, and got herself into speech mode. "Okay Elle. You can do this. New school, new people, new country, but that don't bother you. You can take this. Carpe Natem, baby. You know the drill."

A few deep breaths and some walking she didn't quite remember doing and all she had left to do was find some people. People, right? Pffft. What a breeze. Talking? I can talk. Show me a talk. That's not a talk! What's a talk? Who let you in here?
"I'm a friggin' embarrassment," Elle muttered under her breath, shaking her head. Surprisingly, it didn’t actually take her long to find people; at least, she thought so. You know how it is, you go walking through a campus, you’re only really half paying attention to what’s going on anyway, and then you happen upon a shirtless guy resting his head against another dude’s knee–

Wait, what?
Elle did a double-take, her eyes lingering for just a little too long on her semi-nude peer. Oh man. Them’s some nipples.
She stopped where she now stood, with the intention of trying to make conversation with the two fellow students she’d just spotted. Just had to get herself psyched up. C’mon Elle. You can do this.
“Uh,” she started off, walking towards the duo. “Hi?”
She cursed internally as her brow furrowed for a moment, annoyed at the fact that she’d messed up her tone enough that her greeting had come out sounding more like a question than a greeting. Hopefully they’d put it down to nerves, maybe? She probably seemed nervous. That dude is extremely shirtless, anyone would be.

OOC: yo that's dallas and alex
sam has entered the game baby

Edited by Suzy

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC:

Alex!

That rat . Dallas supposed that in his mind, the 'drag your best friend from the place where he felt his confused thoughts and shattered heart was best quarantined only to spring a cute girl on him when he's cornered' plan had worked out so well with Sakuya that it bore repeating! That deviant! That fiend! He knew all of Dallas' weaknesses better than Dallas did, and tugged on them like a neckbearded Geppetto! Well, that basement dwelling nerd could suck on his--

"Dallas." And he could suck on that, too! The chronokinetic lifted his Oakland snapback with his right hand to ruffle his hair briefly with his left, more out of quirk and habit than anything else, before replacing the hat. That probably wouldn't serve as an introduction...what had he said to Sakuya? Nothing he was sure he wanted to repeat this go around...and since when did he become the half of the duo that wasn't sure how to talk to a cute chick? 

A-ha.

Out of the corner of his eye, he realized that a few vapours had started to leak from the corner of his mouth when he gave his name; seized by this Lady and the Tramp spaghetti scene-tier dumbass thought, the Californian blew two parallel lines of vanilla-scented vapour, pulled together with a line in the center, followed by another smaller line dotte--

uh oh

He'd run out of vapour right before the dot on the i! ! Now it looked like something a kindergartener would do.

" it. Hey. I'm Dallas, this is Alex. How're you today?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Priorities:
Stop blushing. He can see you. They can both see you. You need to stop. Seriously, just stop doing that. Stop now. Oh my god you're still blushing. Why do I do this to myself?

Elle laughed a little and smiled at what, as far as she could make out, was an all-caps 'HI' drawn into the air by Dallas, who was still shirtless, and had now introduced himself, and his name was Dallas, and the other one was Alex, and she really needed to calm down and stop freaking out. It's just people, Elle. You can handle people.

"I'm good," she replied, hoping the redness in her cheeks would take pity on her and calm down for a ##### second. "I'm, uh, I'm Elle, I'm new here. As in, like, the Institute, and the country in general, I'm just, like, wandering around, trying to, um, meet people and, and stuff..."

Elle refocused her gaze on Dallas' face for the second time it found itself trailing off alongside her words, and looked to Alex as well, hoping her altered focus would help her get her sentences a little more on track.

"Nice to meet you's. And oh," she glanced back to Dallas for a second, somehow pulling a semi-confident smirk out from somewhere in her being and congratulating herself internally for it. "Nice vapour-writing, haven't seen that one before."

OKAY SO NOT YOUR BEST LINE BUT YOU DIDN'T STUTTER OR ANYTHING. YOU GO GIRL.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC:

"Heh. I should get better with practice. Using this to quit smoking." He flipped his e-cigarette between his hands and pointed it at himself, then to Alex. "As for new people, you're off to a lucky start. Alex and I are the most senior students still enrolled."

That sounded way better than the still alive he'd been planning to say! You deserve a raise for this one, right brain. As for the new girl...

"I would've put a shirt on if I'd expected to make a new friend today," he joked, albeit with only a faint smile.

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"That would've been a sha-" Elle started, before cutting herself off. "I mean, um, I mean like, yeah, cool, meeting people..."

The worst part is that I probably could've pulled that off. #####.

Elle cleared her throat and tried to start over. "Sorry, I'm not usually so big into the whole 'social butterfly' thing and that's probably pretty obvious at this point. I just figured, like, new school, new continent, didn't really have much else choice-wise, y'know? Not that socialising with you was a bad choice! I just mean, like, talking to people. New people. It's, uh... not really my thing. That's cool, though, I did get pretty lucky then. I've literally been here for like, a day, and I don't have a ##### clue when it comes to where the ##### I am and finding my way about, and who's around and who's who, and I'm swearing a lot right now but that's just me. That's a thing. That I do. I'm Irish. It's cool that you're quitting smoking I hear it's pretty bad for you."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC:

Dallas' eyebrows were rising and rising, almost to the very brim of his cap, as Elle went on. When she finally trailed off on something about his old smoking habit, they did a little quirk - before the Californian's smile grew, and finally burst into a soft laugh. 

"Sit down, relax a little. There's plenty of lawn," he joked again, tilting his head backwards atop the knee he'd perched it on. "A. I smoked pot, so...better and worse than you'd think. B. Loosen up. Honestly, Elle, you're speaking in whole paragraphs. Compared to how I met this guy you're practically a Toastmaster International."

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Elle nodded at Dallas and smiled, relaxing a little as she moved closer to him and Alex and sat down on the lawn, first with her knees up to her chest and then cross-legged as she adjusted to try and get a little more comfortable. "Thanks, bro. Sorry, I just get a little freaked out around-" pretty people "-new people." That works too.

"How did you two meet? If that's okay to ask. I mean, if it's not, that's fine, I just... wanna get a feel for the place, and get to know people. And you seem pretty chill." Elle smiled again, and this time it seemed to be coming far easier to her, far more relaxed and natural than the previous shy smiles she'd been exhibiting. The initial panic was beginning to wear off, as her usual personality began to make itself a little clearer in its place.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC:

Dallas and Alex shared a glance.

"Uhh, on our first mission for the X-Men. We nearly got each other killed in a Danger Room simulation. But he fixed my iPod the same day, so we hit it off."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Wrong order. I fixed your iPod, and the Danger Room came after we all finished with the usual 'power showoff' that always happens when there's a bunch of us." The technopath resisted the habit to take a look at Elle's phone; he was so used to the people around him that it was almost a habit. Take a basic look at what the phone was, what was installed, get an idea of the person from there. Nothing more invasive, but for someone he'd just meant, that was like saying he didn't do anything more invasive than look around their room.

"Alexander Smith. Nice to meet you."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Elle couldn't help but smile as she saw Alex and Dallas interact directly for the first time, the correction momentarily drawing it into a short-lived smirk. She felt a pang of something in her chest, some response deep down to their shared memories. Longing? Jealousy? Regret?

Maybe someday, she thought, I'll have someone I can talk with like that.

There was an underlying current of in-jokes and history in every word they said regarding each other, and even though she wasn't in on them she could appreciate the sentiment all the same. Her smile didn't waver, although something sad shifted behind her eyes all the same.

"I'm Eleanor Faye," she replied, "But people call me Elle. Like, Elle without an 'i'."

She paused for a moment, looking down at her feet, and then back up at Alex and Dallas again. "Uh, speaking of showing off powers... what are you two able to do?"

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC:

"I'm technopathic." Alex commented, Elle's demeanor not passing beneath his notice. "Telepaths can read, control, and interact with other people's minds. I do the same thing, except instead of people's heads, it's technology. With a few exceptions, it basically means that I can affect anything with a computer chip."

"And for some reason, I have an invisible shield. Shaped like a triangle."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

A sudden chirp startled Sierra out of her thoughts, most of which were about her apparent half-brother. From what she'd seen, he seemed pretty shy and serious, but that was to be expected from someone who was being raised by her father. He actually looked a lot like him, making it odd to see such a demure expression on a face associated with harshness. Anyway, she'd just have to get used to him and the man who'd given her a second X chromosome, as they were both living here now. 

She turned the phone back on and read the text. It was from Ashley. As she flipped back to the message before, her initial confusion dissolved. So she was having her memory tampered with by something, it seemed.

She wrote back and sent:

Thank you

You have no idea how much it helps knowing that you aren't resenting me for that.

I'm not sure about Hellfire myself, but I believe they are some sort of organization that is trying to recruit new members via a gala. I have an invitation.

Don't worry about where I am. I'm just a little sick is all. I don't know about you though. It must be hard.