Marvel, Rebirth:

IC: Katherine "Kitty" Pryde

"Oh don't get me wrong, I watched him like a hawk. Being the reckless kid that he was he got injured on an occasion or two, a scratch or a bruise...and when his powers manifested well...he took after me in that regard." She laughed. "Really hard to keep an eye on a kid that can go through walls." 

Edited by Grochi Cat

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

“Ah, right… Ah don’t think Ah’d be able to borrow your healing then,” she frowned, she believed her ability worked best with mutants and superhumans.”

She placed her bare hand on Nero, hoping she wouldn’t suddenly grow fur and fangs. She got a slight jolt as some of his recent memories flooded into her head, along with some quirks as she felt his sonic power download. She immediately released his hand.

The world sounded different now. It was as if every sound was crisp and clear, much louder and at first it hurt her ears.

“That didn’t go over that bad, yeah?” she said before she turned and walked up to Johnathan.

“You’re next,” she said before she touched a hand to his cheek. She pulled away as his thoughts rushed into her mind. She saw flashes of him tearing into Phalanx warriors, felt his terror and adrenaline and the loss of comrades for an instant. She knew she’d taken his healing ability as well when bone claws didn’t pop out of her knuckles.

Satisfied she sat back down. This way with the healing factor she was more likely to survive the battle.

"No one's dying today, alright? Let's work as a team, cover each others butts and make sure we all get out of this alive."

"Oh man you guys have lost people before?" Quinn said.

"This isn't a videogame kid."

“Yo, X-Bones,” Johnathan said to Alec, calling him by the moniker of the Alec he’d known. “You got this things stealth systems on? Hyrda is packing some firepower, I think we all know what happened to the other Blackbird over Vegas. If not I’d turn them on, put is down somewhere away from the action.”

IC:

“Wait for me,” Ashlynn said as she slid out of the window with vampire speed. She wondered if her fellow Ultimate X-Men would show. She hoped son. She wanted to see John again, she wanted to fight with them, even if she was... different.

IC:

Blam, Blam. A Hydra soldier with an automatic pistol fired at Kane, he lashed out with his blade, barely able to deflect the shots before he hit them. He charged forward as another bullet burst from the soldier's chamber. Flame burst from his finger-tips, hitting the bullet before it hit him and turning it into white-hot slag. The melted bullet splashed against Kane's shoulder, burning his flesh as he slid up to the Hydra soldier, slashing at his weapon with his sword and cutting through the gun.

The soldier tossed the weapon away before grabbing a combat knife. Kane bathed him in flame before slashing upwards with his sword, cutting the soldier's arm in half, at least the flames would seal the wound. The Hydra grunt screamed in pain as Kane punched him in the side of the head with his off hand dropping him to the ground, before he took cover behind another car, breathing hard, his black tank-top soaked with sweat.

IC:

The so-called Detroit Batman had his hands full. He jumped as a Hydra grunt with a shotgun let-er rip, blowing a chunk out of the ground where Terrance had just been standing. Terrance ran towards his target, doing a zig-zag pattern as his enemy tried to get a lock on him. He pulled the trigger, hitting Terrance in his side. The blunt of the blast knocked the wind out of Terrance and he could feel a few of his ribs cracking from the blow as some blood burst from his lips. He grimaced but kept moving, knocking the shotgun out of the soldier's grasp with a well-placed kick.

"Why do you fight, you can't win!" The Hydra soldier said as he pulled out two combat knives.

"I fight because I have to," Terrance narrowed his eyes, pure white due to the small black mask over the bridge of his nose. "I can't let ***holes like you take innocent lives without justice, someone has to stop you." he said as the soldier lunged for him, slashing at him with his two knives.

Terrance blocked the strikes with his wrist-blades, one of the soldier's strikes got through, a blade cutting across his cheek. The other knife lunged towards Terrance's throat. Suddenly the side of the Hydra's soldiers head exploded with a shower of red. Terrance glanced up to see Jennifer wave at him from on top of her building.

"Thought you could use some help!" she shouted to him.

"Thanks!" Terrance barked before turning to look for another Hydra soldier amongst the chaos.

IC: Peter

Peter checked the surrounding areas again. "They haven't advanced this far yet... Or if they have they're setting up a trap... We should probably try to get them in an alleyway..."

"So what can you do?" Peter asked Cody as he was pondering potential strategies.

. He wasn't good at thus. Wasn't good at this at all.

In the hypothetical event you get transported to some deadly Huger Games-esque tournament, you would probably be the first to die.

IC (Alecto) 

Alecto, not for the first time, wondered how precisely he had ended up where he was. Namely, flying alongside a cybernetic warrior whilst Nazi’s who’d failed to get the memo about the whole Hitler splattering his brains against the wall thing attacked the city. “Well Madame Cylon, I hope you’ve got a ###### good plan. I can’t exactly swap these wings out for the next factory model yeah?” Alecto kept his tone light, but there was an undeniable undercurrent of genuine worry. He was a merc, yeah, not exactly a stranger to being shot at, but then, the average bad guy didn’t pack enough heat to invade New York.

IC (Saphine)

“Alright boys and girls! See those explosions? It’s not the NRA! For once! That there is Nazi central. All sieg-heiling, bad food and the most ###### language in existence. Their word for butterfly sounds like the Deathstar on steroids. Schmetterling. They named something that a light wind can literally kill schmetterling. 

I’m not gonna lie to you. This is gonna be a tough one.” Silence reigned for a few moment, and then Saphine smiled, quite suddenly, as something distinctly *squishy* was plowed over by her own personal russian made instrument of precisely delivered death. “That was a kraut right?”

The driver just nodded silently.

“First kill of the day boys! When this is over, If I can’t sell what’s stuck between these treads to McDonalds, it’s coming out of your pay! Remember that!” 

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Jesika (Ult.)

Beat.

Beat.

Beat.

A tug on her back, a tingling sensation in the back of her mind.

The whistling sound of air past her ears.

The pull of the world below her.

She was flying.

A childish joy, one of the few she had, that she always forget existed was practically radiant.  Despite the fact that the general direction to which she was flying was far from desirable.  The sensation of freedom was... enjoyable.  Even if her movements were far from natural, and her... wingspan (which never got easier to think) lent itself more towards gliding than actual flight, she was still no longer constrained by the ground.  And it was far cry from the first desperate moments in which she first made use of the... enhancements.

She hated that word.

At this time there was considerably less chance of broken limbs.  So maybe she hadn't completely gotten down the movements, teaching her brain to adapt and control a whole new set of muscles that she really shouldn't have was difficult at best, but now she didn't have to mime with her arms.  That would have been embarrassing, considering present company.

Jesika spared a glance at said present company, and felt a pang of jealousy.  Alecto was the only one flying there, moving like he'd been born to do it, which she mused, could very well have been the case, nowhere near the half-glide she was restricted to.

"Simple," She half-shouted to be heard, focusing briefly to pull herself up and alongside the bat-winged mutant, "We find the big bad ones with the machine guns, and give them a nice hello.  Trust me, I've been in this situation before."

Arcs of power danced across her arms, and her eyes flashed.  Quite literally, the glint matched in unison by the markings on her body and wings.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

"Sure, why not? I watched Inglourious Basterds tons of times. I know all the tricks." Dallas smiled at Sakuya, though he was watching Showstopper out of the corner of his eye. "Sorry about the pizza party. I'll help you throw it when we get back, promise."

-Tyler

IC: (Sakuya)

I grinned back at Dallas and took my seat beside him. We were off and in flight and orders were be issued, people were preparing themselves. There was a tension so thick for a few minutes between the a few of the Ultimates and those from our universe, setting, dimension. I'm nearly enough in the know, to be aware of what exactly happened. Pretty sure none of them would like to talk about what they went through anyways. I fitted the commlink and spoke to Dallas after the tension subsided.

"Oh, no worries! It'll be a big celebration after our victory in New York," I said, both anxious and excited. This wasn't a game, training in the Danger Room, or anything else I had been through. This was reality, lives were at stake and HYDRA wasn't going to pull punches. Neither was I. "I'll watch your back if you watch mine." Granted we'd all be covering each other on this mission. I knew my strengths. I fast, really fast between that and my ability to shred through about anything, made me good for both offense and defense. I could also pull attention away from the others if they got into trouble. Nervously I slide my father's last gift a little out of sheath to see the silver glimmer, and my reflection. I was finally going to use this power of mine for someone other than me. 

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

John Harken- SHIELD Helicarrier

IC: With an annoyed sigh, Harken gestured to the only other team member to show up. It seemed that everybody else was either on assignments already or had rushed ahead to the battle. Turning to walk into the Quinjet he gave the pilot a thumbs up before settling into his seat and buckling up for the short ride. With a roar unheard inside the plane, the powerful engines took off and propelled the vehicle into the clear skies outside the hanger bay.

While they waited, Harken explained the plan to Tokiomi.

"Jennifer has already reached New York. Sounds like she took of the second she heard the news about the attack. As I said before, orders are to act as an advance scouting and strike team. That means that we get there ahead of the rest of SHIELD and feed them intel on what is going on. We are also cleared to deal with any High Value Targets that may cross our path.

Once we reach the city, the Quinjet is going to put us down at the best vantige point we can find before taking off again and circling the area under cloak. They will be our extraction and, if necessary, air support. After we get dropped off we are going to meet up with Agent Jennifer before trying to figure out just what HYDRA is up to this time."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

Rebekah continued handing out comm units.

Alex wordlessly stood, crossing easily from his seat to the open hangar door. The wind whipped his coat about easily, and it was only a learned sense of balance that kept him on course. He turned, casually snapping a two-finger salute to the occupants of the Blackbird before jumping. He landed on the balcony without too much trouble, orienting his shield to protect himself from any sniper fire.

Securing the headset in his ear, he mentally composed a message, carried by text to Julia.

Take care of yourself, okay? Stay safe. I'll bring back some takeout on the way back. We can have a movie early-morning.

IC:

"Never eating at McDonalds again."

The comment might have carried over the radio. I don't really care, I've got bigger problems. Namely the trio of Nazis who've noticed me and are currently blasting the out of the poor car I'm huddling behind. Sounds like assault rifles, mostly. Wait. That's not an assault rifle, what is that. Sounds kind of like... 

Ohhhhhhhh .

I was out of there like Usain Bolt, lunging forward and activating my boosters. Just in time, too, because a repulsor blast sent my poor hideout flying across the street and landing with a crash. Missed taking off my head by inches. Poor thing's car alarm was going off, God that's going to get annoying real fast. It wasn't until after I stopped rolling and popped to my feet that I could see exactly what took out my hideout; one of Hydra's Tin Men. Assault rifle ain't going to scratch that thing. 

Time to regroup. 

I toss a flashbang, activate my boosters, and scramble for cover.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Ashlynn follows Jesika and Alecto by jumping from building to building, relying on her vampire senses and speed and strength. The wind tore at her scarlet hair as she hurled herself from a rooftop before landing on the next, her gun tucked into her pants so she had both hands open for jumps.

IC:

"Good luck slim," Johnathan said as he got up and grabbed his own com before putting it on.

IC:

"Hey. Waiddup a sec. Waiddup a sec!"

Dallas rushed to the hangar door and waved for Alex.

"In case I die--" and here Dallas turned his head and yelled that it was a possibility "--I don't really think you're a ebag, bro!"

"Feeling's mutual!" He shouted with exaggerated severity.

Dallas winked, swayed his hip once, and sauntered back away from the door as it closed.

IC:

Touching. Aleks tried not to think of Matt and flicked the grip on his pistol once with two impatient fingers. 

"I don't like this balcony," the mercenary said as he loitered around on the balcony and then scrunched up against the sliding glass door. "We're just as open with nowhere to hide if you're picked off, and HYDRA isn't even pushing this way. Let's make our way upstairs; this is a condominium, there has to be a way to get upstairs. Look for a place on the top three floors, barricade all roof access - and above all, don't with the inhabitants. Smith, with me; Pryde, you're a momma's boy, you don't need a shield. I want something with a better view of the Square, preferably facing out towards Seventh Avenue. If one of us is killed--"

"--everyone's a bundle of cheer tonight..." Alex said sardonically--

"--if one of us is killed, get ready to incapacitate. No use killing if you can make a clean getaway. Link up with the rest of the team, and whatever you do, avoid Times Square. If you get lost or trampled there we might not find you for weeks."

IC:

"Hey Bekah," Dallas murmured with another budding smile, "I won't need a comm unit, but I think your number might come in handy."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Nero took his comm wordlessly, securing the earpiece with a nonchalance that almost seemed haphazard. The earlier good cheer was swiftly making room for a grim readiness. It was almost assuredly about to get ugly.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC:

“Be careful down there,” Christine said into her com once the three X-Men had departed and had been dropped off on their balcony.

“Promise me, Ah’ll see you again tiger.” She said to Aleks. She was a bit nervous for everyone to go into battle. Some like Quinn were young and inexperienced. The others had been through this before, but still, not all of them had made it out alive. She didn’t think she could take loosing anyone so soon after John and Matt.

IC: As the Up Top Trio departed the jet, Alec withdrew the boarding ramp.and turned the jet towards the edge of the fighting. He was trying to stay within Aleks view, so the sniper could give them confirmation that they had a clear path, but trying to drop down right where they were would be suicide. They'd be cut to ribbons while they stepped off the jet.

"Yeah yeah I got the stealth system on," he shouted back at John, "Which you can tell because we're in a jet in the sky, not in fiery wreckage on the ground."

He looked at Kristen, who had popped up next to him like a cyborg jack-in-the-box, "Honestly? No idea. But I can control tech and your arms tech so seems like it might be worth a shot. Could get a bit intrusive though, you know how my brand of technopathy works."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

“Well put,” Johnathan stated, though the inside of the jet wasn’t invisible. “You’re sassy like the other Alex was. I once saw him stand up to a whole horde of mechs alone.”

“Give her something so I can arm-wrestle her for a hundred bucks when this is all over.”

“Alright we’re going to do this,” Quinn said as he took a deep breath, got up and glanced out one of the windows. He allowed twin long blades of thick bone protrude out of each wrist as he waited.

IC: Jeffery Pryde

"Got it." It seemed simple enoug-

"Did you ever apply for a license, Jeff?" Jeff heard over his comm. 

"Is this really the time!?"

"Actually I was quite relieved that he had my powers, I know how to deal with my powers, and how to use them. I taught him everything I know about our abilities." She paused, looking rather perplexed. 

"As for fighting...the worst kind of fights we ever got into with each other were ones that solely involved words, and sending him to his room. Though I'm guessing that's not the kind of fighting you're referring too."

Edited by Grochi Cat

"Oh I trained him how to fight when he was old enough, had some sparring matches, had him take fencing and martial arts. As for a choice, well sometimes I had to push him, but for the most part he wanted to do it." She paused, looking at Sierra carefully. 

"I never would physically harm him to teach him how to fight, that's what punching bags are for." 

Edited by Grochi Cat

IC: "Low to minimal?" Alec guess, "On a rough scale sort of thing. I might not have any fancy degrees or anything but I do have some clue what I'm doing."

He landed the Blackbird in an isolated spot on the edge of the battle. He made sure to land it so the boarding ramp was facing away from the fight, otherwise it would be far too easy to bottleneck and slaughter them. This way they had an entire plane in the way to give them cover, either when exiting now, or if they had the need to fall back and retreat.

"People with ranged powers first! They can clear a path for those of you who rely on punchy-kicky action! And eff-why-eye, guns count as ranged powers! If you see civilians, get them out of there! We'll try and keep the area around the 'bird a safezone! Move move move!"

Edited by I Am Ultron Six

7AOYGDJ.jpg

By now they had arrived at the Medical Center, Kitty looked at Sierra. "So, if you want to see Ashley she's over there in the other rooms. But before that, how are you feeling right now? And I mean physically, you did get shot with several tranquilizers and then knocked unconscious." Sierra appeared to be fine, but Kitty asked just to be on the safe side. 

IC: "Low to minimal?" Alec guess, "On a rough scale sort of thing. I might not have any fancy degrees or anything but I do have some clue what I'm doing."

He landed the Blackbird in an isolated spot on the edge of the battle. He made sure to land it so the boarding ramp was facing away from the fight, otherwise it would be far too easy to bottleneck and slaughter them. This way they had an entire plane in the way to give them cover, either when exiting now, or if they had the need to fall back and retreat.

"People with ranged powers first! They can clear a path for those of you who rely on punchy-kicky action! And eff-why-eye, guns count as ranged powers! If you see civilians, get them out of there! We'll try and keep the area around the 'bird a safezone! Move move move!"

IC:

Johnathan waited for the Blackbird to land before he glanced at Showstopper. "Well I since my gun apparently counts as a ranged power, let's hit it." he said as he pulled out his glock, making sure to hold it in his flesh hand before clicking off the safety and sliding down the boarding ramp to the ground.

SNIKT. Thre adamantium claws burst from each of Johnathan's knuckles, the ones on his gun hand sliding out, but they were far enough away from the gun they didn't affect his aim our touch it. It felt like it had been way to long since he'd done something like this.

"You heard the man, get the civilians out and let's kill some Nazi's! Happy ****ing New Year New York city!"

Quinn followed Johnathan down the ramp. "Woah he has claws?" he said as he saw the adamantium claws slide out. He must be Wolverine's kid, that's so cool. Quinn hit the ground next, making sure to allow a good amount of bone shards to stick out of his arms, so he could shoot them out at any Hydra enemies that attacked them, he stayed close to the Blackbird, using it as cover.

"We're on the ground," Christine told Aleks over their com-link as she followed John and Quinn down. She'd borrowed Nero's sonic powers along with John's healing, which meant she'd be able to attack Hydra soldiers with ranged sonic blasts.

IC:

"Hm?" Sierra was sure that she'd misheard Ms. Pryde for a second. "You're asking me how I feel? It's not really that important, is it?" Realizing quickly the mistake she might have made, she swiftly added "Unless there's a way you want me to feel, of course. In which case, I feel like that."

"I think I messed it up..."

"Sierra...either you're feeling fine or you're not. How I want you to feel doesn't matter. How you feel is important, the health and feelings of all my students are important, and I want an honest answer." Kitty was realizing that Doctor Thomas had her work cut out for her.