Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

I can't leave. I'm on a date with greatness.

God.

I would have totally hamstrung the war effort back in the day for you, Mr. Martin.

"Mozzarella sticks for the new boy and I," she ordered to a bartender who, probably, was going to need a big ol' fat tip with whatever money she had left from her yearlong foray into the world of the supernatural. "...And a Guinness for me."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"I would expect you to want it shiny, yes. I can't advise it, however, light tends to make people like you burn." Alistair clasped his hands behind his back, glancing over at Jesika, then Brooklyn, and back to the man opposite him. "Can't say I believe in discrimination either, but Mrs. Martin raised her son with an expectation for gentlemanly behavior. I've no doubt Ms. Snow could handle any task just fine. In fact, any of the three girls in this room could likely outperform myself. Geek physique and all that."

"Pleasure to meet you as well, Mr. Alecto."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Alecto)

Alecto raised an eyebrow. British. So many options to work from there. "Well. Jeeves, I'll defer to your expertise when it comes to finding mutants, and setting them on fire." He resisted the urge to add on to that. "And a hello to you too, Martin. Some friendly advice." He nodded at....the....friend...whose existence he had been ignoring as steadfastly as he could manage. "You might want to tell her that your people are only allowed to show affection to dogs and horses."

He was doing her a favor really. Saving her from a lifetime trapped in a relationship about as passionate and sexy as eating chops, boiled potatoes and peas off a tray while watching the royal wedding with your aging, senile grandmother. Who collected plates.

"You." He jabbed another finger at Jesika. "Agreed to the terms after I agreed not to call the police. You can knock a door off it's hinges, you can do your share of the dishes. That's how it works."

Edited by Havelock Vetinari

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

Brook nearly gagged on her beer. Ric had groomed her just for this.

i'm ready big bro

"He's hotter than you are, Mothra!"

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"I think that's the Welsh, you're thinking of." Alistair commented, tapping the back of his chair idly."But a common American misconception."

"I'm Alistair Martin. We haven't been properly introduced."

Edited by Riku Tryon

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC (Alecto)

Alecto raised an eyebrow at 'M'brook.' "Didn't exactly see many creature features when you were a kid huh?" 

And a look of pure joy-or a convincing facsimile of such-swept across Alecto's face when the word 'american' registered. He'd been waiting for that. "Well, Jeeves, you know, I just wanna thank you brits for starting us off so well. How couldn't the nation we made turn out just perfect, without you sending all the zealots, fanatics, and idiots over on a wooden boat. You really started us off with your best and brightest! And it didn't backfire on you at all."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

"I sense introductions are not going to be in order." Alistair slipped his hands into his pockets. "And your appreciation for your begginnings, while not quite right, are accepted."

"Brooklyn, might I trouble you for one of those," He gestured to her beer. "As well? If we're going to be here a while, I'll need it."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Yeah, uh, can my date get a Guinness too? And, like, a cup of Parmesan Garlic for the mozzarella."

She shot Alistair her most winning smile, trying to cheer him up. After all. He had come on her invite.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Alecto)

"Your deductive abilities are the envy of Baker's street." He eyed Jesika for a moment. "Well. You called 'em, so why don't you just...scamper off to wherever you're planning to scamper off too. I promise not to change the locks."

"Much."

IC (Alecto)

"Eleven o'clock sharp. I'd like a few hours without that abomination you call music."

IC:

"Thank you," He said dryly, following the words with a much more genuine expression of thanks to the bartender. A long swallow from his drink, and a glance over at Brooklyn, seemed to put him in a slightly better mood.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

This is what thirst feels like.

Screw Count Chocula. Alistair was a babe, and, what's more, polite. Even as he looked at her, his face softened slightly; the Ultimate beamed half at him and half at the basket of mozzarella sticks, complete with marinara and with requested Parmesan Garlic sauce, that was slid between them. She grabbed one, dipped an end in each sauce, and took a particularly emphatic bite.

Yeah nothing sexier than  M E L T E D   C H E E S E

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Alistair smiled slightly, tugging his bag away from the table near Alecto, and back towards himself. His other hand, meanwhile, picked up a mozzarella stick, made its way over to the marinara, and then brought it to his mouth for a bite. "Brooklyn, as fun as you are, if you double dip I won't forgive you."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

g

g a s p

"Well that sounded harshly suspicious towards a lady." 

she was no oridnary lady tho

Alaric had taught her well.

"Whassa matter? Scared of my spit?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Double dipping is a crime against humanity, regardless of the culprit." He took another bite and finished off the mozzarella stick, raising an eyebrow at the gesture that accompanied Brooklyn's comment. "Though I wouldn't say 'afraid' is the word."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Mmmh. Then I shall pour my sauce onto my plate," narrated Brooklyn, pouring her sauce onto her plate, "and dip all the I want!"

She dipped all the she wanted.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Everyone knocks the zany ###### we Americans cook up until they try it. Pish posh, Camilla, I say. What sort of uncouth human sludge could wrap cheese in bread and bake it! Then they try it and they instantly realize it's more like 'Pish posh pish posh pish posh, Camilla, I'm tweakin' balls over here, these Americans are like food PHYSICISTS!'"

Brook shrugged.

dipdipchomp

"You should heed us once in a while."

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"We happened to be staying in the same hotel. Met up when we were on our way out the front door." Alistair explained to the woman on his left, sitting back slightly in his chair to try and keep both of them within his line of sight. A slightly teasing grin crossed his face when he glanced back over to Brooklyn.

"Perhaps we should. You are excellent at finding unholy new food combinations to serve out a drive thru window."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"You're not frowning, you're smiling. You're trying to hide it behind a mozzarella stick. But you are smiling." He grinned, and gestured with a stick. "I couldn't still be joking with you if you were frowning. Would contradict the British prime directive."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Aramis, Saviour of Fun):

Aramis couldn't not notice Alecto being smothered under a nauseating tidal wave of smug Englishmen and the American women that fawn over them. He'd thought maybe the newcomer was Cornish at first, but no true Cornishman would throw the Welsh under the bus like that. Also, Aramis actually liked the Cornish. Finishing his food, he stood up and walked, ever so quietly, over to his new friend's table, and clapped a hand on the Englishman's shoulder with maybe a bit too much obviously-fake camaraderie.

"Holy limes, Batman! Is this your usual standard for sparring partners?"

2017 EDIT OOC: why did i do this

why was i this much of a twit

Edited by Rache

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC (Alecto)

"I felt like slumming it a bit." Alecto let an easy smirk slide of his face. "Gonna need to shower later, but I think it's a valuable cultural experience." 

IC:

"Look, Zubat, we wouldn't caught dead around your ###### if my friend hadn't asked me to help pull her out of this place. Unless you have something of dire importance that precedes these mozzarella sticks, get your hand off my date and go back to the eye ######. You too, Tia Dalma."

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Alecto)

"Funny. I thought pulling someone out tended be the exact opposite of sitting your in a chair and ordering food." Alecto's tone changed to one of faux concern. "I'd avoid a career in the army. It's really not for you."

IC (Aramis):

"I'm trying to count the ways what you just said is offensive," Aramis countered, gently patting the Englishman on the shoulder before removing his hand, "but I keep getting stuck at you actually watched all of those movies."

He paused a bit, parsing what Alecto had said at about the same time, before adding, "Also, pretty much everything the Caped Crusader just said. If you need a demonstration of how a real rescue is done, I suppose I could carry him out on my back and soar into the sunset before John Bull here gets the urge to colonize something."

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:

"I'm not quite sure what you're getting at," Alistair said easily, looking at Aramis with an easy, amiable expression as he slowly set his current mozarella stick down on a plate. "But I think somewhere along the lines, you took the wrong impression, sir. I was invited here because Ms. Snow was texting Brooklyn, and she elected to come. I thought a quip about the unlikelihood of the group assembled might be a good icebreaker, but really all it got me was a snarky remark about the Queen."

"Which, admittedly, caused me to return fire. Several times. But given the stress that little, as you put it, 'sparring bout' caused, I elected not to continue it. Actually, I tried to shift things back to a more polite conversation, but as your compatriot made it very clear, introductions were not going to be happening." The British scholar clasped his hands, still looking just as easily at the man who's hand was on his shoulder. "Which was around the point that I chose not to keep going, and instead took to conversing with Brooklyn."

"In this little rehash of your 'Shot Heard Round the World', once again, it was not me who fired the first shot. And actually, they weren't even good shots. Having to stoop to the most basic cultural quips as a comeback is not, generally speaking, a sign of a heightened wit. Stooping to jokes about the Queen and Sherlock Holms when talking to a Brit is actually a sign of a desperate wit. So actually, i find it is I who must question the caliber of my "sparring partner."

"Now."

At this point, Alistair's tone took on a decidedly icy note, despite the fact that the smile never left his face.

"We can either both continue to sit in this restaurant quietly and politely, and you can never take a shot at Brooklyn again, or things can get unpleasant. At this point, I'm perfectly happy with either."

fK5oqYf.jpg