Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

"If that's not true of me, it sure as ###### isn't true of you. And if there's one or two things I fear, you probably have like...six."

Dallas hummed quietly and brushed Rebekah's hair expertly with his fingers. They counted off as he spoke.

"Empty freezer. Empty fridge. Empty cabinets. Overexertion. Horror movies. And losing me. Bang bang."

-Tyler

Edited by Costa Vespula

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"We are refugees that were sort of exiled from a world we helped save from invading cybernetic extraterrestrials that spread through a literal virus, we both have powers that should be physically impossible, and we have encountered and worked with our own doppelgangers."

"Our existence is surreal."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Hey, if you wanted someone whose idea of fun didn't involve breaking nails, bones, or priceless , you should have let me die instead of Alex."

A quiet beat.

"That was too far. Sorry."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

The ex-Weapon gave the faintest of shrugs, mismatched eyes fixed on the ceiling instead of any sight in particular. "His demise was an objective failure of the tactical element of our coalition. As a key portion of that element, and as one of few who might have averted it, it is a valid criticism on multiple levels."

"While I would not term it as 'let', averting one of those outcomes was a success and the other was a failure. One had more effort involved than the other."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"Hey, hauling you out of the fire is like pulling teeth, too. Don't get grumpy just because you return the favor more often."

IC:

"I just need a chick I can grind with--~"

"--and shine with--~"

"--and spend every dime with--~"

"--and ball till it's ooooveeeeeeer~"

The two Ultimates had long since flanked Alistair, sharing earbuds between them - with the British scholar trapped in the middle by a thin white cord that may as well have been barbed wire. On their walk back to the hotel that Brooklyn and Alistair had independently begun to camp at, Brook had decided that what the impromptu three-wheeled date really needed was music. Only two of the three wheels knew the words.

But Brook was on her way to teaching Alistair the essentials.

"Swear that you got behind you got me standing at attention like a soldieeeeer~"

Alistair received a congratulatory pat. Brooklyn pulled the earbud out of her right ear and slung it around like a lasso between two fingers, beaming up at Alistair.

"Hey Alistair. I've been wondering," she said, "archaeology. What's the craziest thing you've ever run into? Anything suuuuuupernatural? At least spooky?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Grumpy is much more vocal than my current disposition."

IC;

Aside from the 12th century mystical sword hanging from my bag?

Trapped between the two, he elected not to voice that thought aloud for rather obvious reasons. Alistair looked over to his right at the question, mulling it over carefully in his head; he had, in fact, seen some very strange things. The question was which ones he should mention, given that the majority of them would either not be believed or get him locked up in an asylum. Things like 'invisible sword owned by King Arthur' tended to raise alarm bells for mental health professionals.

"I have seen some strange things." The British scholar began thoughtfully. "Some of the weirdest things were stateside, actually. Things like rogue Nazi scientists. Twice, on that one.  A woman claiming to be a Native American thunderbird. A sorceress from the Roman Empire."

"Weird things doing my job, though, are a little more limited. My Dad has some crazy stories, but most of mine have to do with some improbably large snakes or some not-so-friendly archaeologists. "

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Surly."

IC:

"Ooooh. That's sweet."

Brook looked at Alistair with her head cocked.

"I...saved South Philly. Or, like...I helped. My brother did most of the evacuation. I pulled the heat on robots."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"I think most things would beat hiding out from the Borg, what with the threat of assimilation and all that." Alistair commented with a faint grin, casually slipping his hands into his pockets. As conversational as he was being, a tiny part of his attention was on his bag; namely, trying to make sure the invisible sword clipped to it didn't bump either of the girls to his left or right. Not an easy feat. "Then again, I daresay they were scarier than the Borg. The makeup job isn't too convincing nowadays."

"The TV Borg, I mean. Not whatever creatures you encountered."

fK5oqYf.jpg