BZPRPG - Kentoku Archipelago

Nuju Metru

IC: Eshai

The powerful brute placed herself firmly between Vatrica and Sanei, standing as an unmovable barricade. An unmovable barricade that could teleport and carried a weapon built for breaking armor and bone. One that looked like some sort of creatures from legends of fear. She could honestly say that she didn't think the Clanless "Wrath" would be foolish enough to attempt going around her, but she was prepared for the fight that would occur if she attempted to. Sanei's conversation did not include the likes of them, they were not worthy of being spoken to as equals.

"Sanei will speak to you if she deems it worth her time." She remarked towards Vatrica with an innate coldness and harshness. The look in her eyes made it clear that Eshai was not planning on letting her interfere. "We are to remain quiet, not the speak aloud in the presence of those who still hold claim to clan, caste, and honor."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Misnoi

The Dasaka looked at the two who seemed to be at odds for a second. And, after hearing Eshai say something about the two being casteless and clanless, Misnoi was surprised. Then she became less surprised and a bit more...agitated. She quickly turned on her heel and headed back to the Imperial city.

Besides, it was about time to go back to what she was doing. Which currently escaped her at the moment, but it was certainly important.

OOC: If anyone goes to the Imperial city, you can find Misnoi doing...something or other. And open for interaction.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: Sanei - Odaiba

Sanei ground her teeth as the other Menti warrior walked away without a single word to her. She was a warrior of Clan Umbraline! Such treatment was practically unthinkable. She was very tempted to instruct Eshai to go and teach whoever that was a very painful lesson, but Sato hadn't seemed very keen on fighting... Surely, Sato must have known what she was doing. She was a guard of the Imperial Court, after all...

With a great deal of difficulty, she swallowed her anger again. She deeply resented it, but it wasn't worth it... making a bad impression on a higher-up was the last thing she wanted to do.

Deciding that going to Sado wasn't the best of ideas at the moment, she said, "Thank you, Eshai." Her tone made it clear that her temper was near the boiling point. "Come. Let's find someplace peaceful. Going to Sado is not wise, considering..." She paused, not wanting to use 'my temper.' "Considering the circumstances."

She stalked off in no particular direction.

IC:One issue was that Sato was not particularly far away, and could still hear the group. Speaking to both Sanei and Eshai, mentally, she tried to call the pair over with her. She had no problem with them - a cousin and an interesting bodyguard, and company she could stand. There were only the two of them."Why don't the pair of you come with me instead?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

She followed along silently after Sanei, The thanks she had received was riddled with anger, hopefully not at herself. She assumed it was after the unwelcome guest, but it was better to remain on the cautious side until she managed to calm down.

They were heading somewhere, but she didn't know where. All she knew was that trying to say anything about where to travel would be ignored at best, and her job was merely to follow. Anything that might possibly turn Sanei's ire towards her was kept very carefully under wraps.

Then she heard Sato's voice in her mind, and felt a slight sense of relaxation that it wasn't any action of her own that had inspired Sato to leave. She merely turned towards Sanei to await her employer's response. When she started walking towards Sato, Eshai quietly followed behind.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC:

Sato smiled, as Eshai and Sanei came following along behind her. The both of them seemed somewhat relieved, now, which was good; after all, Sato had not meant to alarm them, or insult them, or reprimand them in any way by leaving. There were just too many people there at once, and a fight was too close to starting; Sato didn't want to be caught in the middle of it, nor see it started due to her own words.

"It is of no issue, Sanei," she said, the thoughts flowing freely between the trio. "Though I recommend that you don't bother with that one. She acts less worthy than even a Saihoko, and should not even be bothered with the little attention you would afford one of them. Unlike your Menti here - clanless, and yet still possessing honour that she claims she no longer has. Honourable, humble, a good person."

profiles i guess

IC: Sanei- Odaiba

:Yes,: Sanei agreed. :Eshai was the first clanless Dasaka I'd met. Meeting this.... 'Wrath' certainly puts Eshai into a more positive light than I would have considered otherwise. I believe a raise in pay is in order.:

She hesitated for a moment, then added, :Ah.... I'd appreciate it if you didn't mention that I bowed to Vatrica earlier. It's quite embarrassing. From the way she acted, I assumed that she was a person of high rank.:

Sanei turned and looked at Eshai, as though seeing her for the first time. Yes, she did have quite a few positive attributes, more than she'd realized initially. Still, a question nagged at her.

:If you don't mind me asking, Sato.... why do you consider Eshai to be equal with a Menti? Clanless individuals are often considered lower than Saihoko, as you doubtlessly know.:

IC: Kwaiya

Kwaiya's crystal coated feet padded down a winding path of sand and flagstones. As menti would pass, Kwaiya removed her feet from the flagstones and dipped her head reverently from the warm sand beds. It was her lot, and she did not mind the haughty warriors ignore her presence when they passed. Some went so far as to bump her lowered head as if Kwaiya didn't exist. She was a ringti: despite the technology and crafts her caste produced it was far below recognition by the powerful psionic warriors. Her satchel dangled from her shoulders after a particularly low bow, sand coating the bottom in a thin dusting of particles. Standing up, she returned to the flagstone and made her way along the final stretch to the wide crystal avenue on her way to the Coliseum. Great tori arches marked the avenue, their bedazzling surface filling Kwaiya's small heart with pride in her cultural heritage. Dasaka were not the barbarians from foreign lands hinted in ancient legend. Her people were nothing like the unsophisticated brigands who sailed away with a stolen submersible, leaving fire and death in their wake.

What point is there in learning about such primitive cultures, she mused, then decided sharply there was none while stepping out of the direct path of a menti gladiator on her way to the day's tournaments. She admired the carefully sculpted crystal armor as the menti strode past valiantly : sturdy greaves with studded spikes of turquoise, breastplate embossed with the intricate symbol – an old and prestigious family who had fought for honor in the ring for generations – of her clan; a powerful helmet with nose and cheek guards, decorated with a crest of red feathers from a janu bird, was carried under her left shoulder to expose her lustrous blue kanohi of strength. A vermillion cape floated in the warrior's wake, gold chain keeping it about her shoulders.

Yes, Kwaiya concluded, there is no greater culture than ours.

Though she didn't respond, remaining quiet even through mental speaking, Sato's comments had been very well received. Beneath her mask, a small smile had grown across her face. She knew that it was all unwarranted, but that perhaps was the reason that the comments seemed so pleasant. They were undeserved words of kindness from someone who seemed absolutely sincere about them. She had heard many comments during her time as a Masterless Warrior, but not until Sato had any of them been less than cruel.

Sanei herself wasn't really any different from the normal when it came to her treatment, but there had been one very strange exception. Sanei had actually decided to hire her. That in itself was a form of kindness, even if it was only for Sanei's own benefit. And while Sat had seemed sincere, she couldn't really get a read of Sanei, who didn't even seem to have any real reason to hire her...

Then she heard the thoughts about a pay raise, which was a massive surprise. Maybe it was just Sanei trying to emulate the higher ranked Sato, but it wasn't something that she felt like complaining about. Being seen in a more positive light was perhaps even better, even if it was completely undeserved. Though she had to question if Sanei would hold true to her words once out of the company of her superior.

Then came the question that had held on Eshai's mind, and she silently awaited Sato's answer.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Vatrica "Wrath"

I walked away from the scene vary please with myself.

Although there was nothing that could happen to me to make my day, use my attitude to put others into perspective, and I could make other peoples day.

And that, was what made me happy.

Edited by Ora_unit_SR388

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

IC:

Sato raised a brow in curiosity, turning back to Sanei and cocking her head off to the side, slightly. Why was it still so hard for them to understand? While, yes, Eshai had lost her clan, that did not change the fact that she was once a Menti, that she still carried herself and acted as befit a Meni, and was, seemingly, possessing better virtues than most Menti around. Sato had no care for how others might treat Eshai; in her eyes, Eshai had regained or even superseded her lost honour, no matter what her status as regards clan and family matters was.

"She acts as a Menti," Sato said, her tone still calm. "She looks like a Menti. She was trained as a Menti. And, in truth, she brings herself honour, and yourself honour through her, through her intelligence, humility, and loyalty. Why, then, should she be treated as less than a Saihoko, when she has proven herself to be so much more than one? More than a Ringti, or a Dashi? Think on this, cousin: If she acts more honourable than most Menti do, why then would she be less than one?"

profiles i guess

IC: Sanei - Odaiba

Sanei, still uncomfortable with the idea, said, "I... I'm not sure, cousin." Sato did have a point... but surely, there was a reason for the usual treatment of those without a clan? It was certainly something she would have to ponder in the future.

Then an idea occurred to her. As long as she was going to give the matter some thought, why not get another perspective on it? "Eshai, you seem to accept being treated as inferior because you have no clan. Why is that?"

She didn't have to wait for Sanei's answer to see the small flaw in the logic of the kind Sato. She seemed to see much honor to Eashai, which she certainly did not deserve, but the problem came when one questioned anything beyond just that single virtue. Even the most honorable of people were subject to the other two, and in in one of them there was absolutely no way that she could ever be considered honorable.

Order... she was of no clan, she was standing against the order of the caste system, an outside portion that held no place. She was a living stain upon the order of the island, and therefor she was a traitor against the Virtues, thus she held no honor. When Sanei decided to ask her the question that she had known wold be coming, she had already decided her answer.

"Because Honor is only one of the Virtues, My existence is against the virtue of Order. Therefor, I am unworthy of honor and beneath those who have it. There can be no honor without order."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC:

Sato's brow furrowed. Why must they all be so dense? Eshai had managed to gain herself honour, and that should be proof enough that she has order that she fits in to - and her simple subservience to Sanei showed that.

"You are not without order, and you do not stand against it. You may have no clan, yes, but you still follow one of higher rank than you as is proper, and you still serve her, do you not? That is an order in and of itself. And there is nothing saying that you cannot attempt to rebuild your clan, or at least a family, so there is order in that, too, that you could even make yourself. And, while you might hold no political power at the moment, it's obvious that you hold physical power, and I can tell that you are knowledgeable enough - misguided, perhaps, but knowledgeable - to gain power without much trouble."

profiles i guess

IC SorukatesuWhy?That three letter word was the driving force behind the Menti warrior's life. Why was the sky blue? Why was sea green? Even things as simple and basic as those deserved to be asked why they were that way. The Fursic warrior stood on the road to the coliseum, the social hub of the empire. She noticed a Ringti walking towards the building-a librarian?OOC open for interaction, especially from Kughii

Edited by Man of Miracles

She really didn't know what to respond, she had never thought about her life in such a way before. She had always thought of it as a trap, something that she had fallen into without any hope of returning to anything close to what she had once been. But Sato seemed to see it in a very different light. But even this much brighter outlook found itself reached her mind to have holes stabbed into it as her own thoughts took hold.

A single person building a clan, when she had no remaining family? How could that ever happen? There couldn't be a family of a single person, let alone the foundation to begin a clan from. And what other family would ever wish to associate with a family that was just one fallen warrior? It would be a family and clan of a single person... it would be neither.

Physical power could only go so far when everything was judged off of your family and clan, and she was certain that she did not have the mental power to raise her own position, where else could she turn without the same problem reaching back around? She had no family, and as such she could have no hope of even regaining any power.

"There can not be a family of one, and I have no relatives."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: I can't speak for either of the others, MoM, but I'd appreciate it if you left this trio alone for a while. I'm still working to get used to this character I've made, and that'll work best if I've just got her with these two that she's already speaking to.

IC:

"You're a healthy, fit Dasaka. Make a family."

profiles i guess

That comment seemed extremely cold to her. She knew that Sato had not meant it that way, nor had her time implied it, but the words stung greatly all the same. The conversation had now almost created for itself a full circle, back to an earlier issue that still came up to oppose the mostly sound logic that was being presented. But in this case, the flaw was quite stinging.

"With who? Barely any would even wish to speak to one such as myself, let alone even think about a family."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Noshima ~ Imperial Palace

The halls of the Palace are filled with the murmurs of the courtiers, spreading rumours and tall tales as they go along with their day-to-day business. Noshima usually ignores them, only bowing in respect to those who walk by as she traverses the building in her journey towards the chambers. It is impolite to eavesdrop on the conversations of others, after all - there may be secrets that should not be heard by others. If a secret was not meant for one's ears, it would usually be dishonorable to know of it.

It does not take long for the Toroshu to arrive at her chambers. She has completely memorised the route from the pearl gates of the palace to the room, including any alternate paths or short-cuts that she could take if she pleased. As usual, the room is empty, lacking in the warmth of anyone but her. In the youth of suns past, she remembers, her sisters had a single time shared residence in a chamber with her.

She still misses them and their warmth.

OOC: Noshima of Hogo is currently within her chambers. Anyone who wants to interact can wait outside the door.

IC Nortti

(Odaiba):

The Dashi named Nortti felt uncomfortable as she left the weed field and went into his small shacky hut. It was not yet time for him to finish, but, as she had done for years now, she secretly neglected her duties. This was not a minor offence in the Dasaka society, Nortti understood. In fact, she was breaking more than one of their three virtues... but at the same time Nortti believed herself to be doing a favor.

What kind of a favor could anyone be doing by ignoring one's duties on the field, or at any work place? Nortti's answer was a secret workshop, a kind of laboratory under his hut, its entrance well-concealed by a hatch on the floor and a rug over it. Original? Not by any means, but it was very effective to keep her little secret.

Once again she walked down the stairs to look at the wonder of what seemed to be a construct from outer space. For several years it had existed in this secret room, studied intensely by Nortti. Though she did not know where it had come from, she knew it was of an intelligent source due to the writing all over it and the almost primitive but delicate technological build of the thing. To Nortti, it was the key to unlock the mysteries of life itself, of possible extraterrestrial races, of the meaning of existence, and, even something bigger...

Time travel.

IC Tutkee

(Sado, Imperial Palace, Market):

Tutkee, though a Menti, was not your usual warrio class Dasaka. Where many welcomed the power and respect that came with the role, Tutkee preferred to be treated like any normal Dasaka or Dashi. Tutkee had grown very fond all Dashi of the archipelago, especially one named Nortti. That was why she was even now looking through the market by herself to look for supplies Nortti needed in his home dwelling. It was surprising for Tutkee to provide to a lower-class being, but it made sense from her point of view.

Tutkee wandered around and looked...

OOC: Tutkee open for interaction in the market.

IC:

"There's always somebody for somebody. Court politics, and just walking around Sado and the other islands have both taught me that; you need only find the person for you." Sato smiled at Eshai after that, continuing to walk along. Perhaps neither Eshai nor Sanei had seen the court quite like she had, though the both of them would likely have experience with the cities. It was true, there was always somebody for somebody, though you might have trouble, depending on your preferences.

"Regardless, you should stop being so hard on yourself, nor should you let another claim that you are so dishonourable, and without status. You are neither."

profiles i guess

While there very well may be someone for everyone, it didn't meant that a person would ever meet them. And once again Sato seemed to be looking at things in a much more positive light than they should receive. One could speak about the court and city all they wanted as an example, but that did not change the fact that every single one of them held both clan and caste. Society relied on those to function, anything outside was a black mark on the pristineness of their islands. One could say that wasn't true, but the people certainly seemed to think it was.

"It is not a matter of finding the right person. Ask yourself, would you even even think about being anything more than friends with one who stood outside of your caste, let alone one so far below as a warrior without a master? No one would, it would be a shame upon their family."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

It was a question that she had not really thought about before. Yes, it was true that Sanei had hired her, and as such was currently her master. But that changed nothing of her standing, it would still be of the lowest of the low. But she grew weary of trying to explain.

"Yes, she is."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

Ooc: hello sorakatesu. Kwaiya would initiate the interaction to someone such as a mentioned without prior provocation to do so. I'm happy to interact, but you're going to have to start it.Ic: KwaiyaStalls lined the pathway, hollow crystals shimmering in the Summer heat. Kwaiya continued on, her feet shuffling across the ground in small, quick steps. In the growing throng of attendees, she felt nervous, then claustrophobic. The press grew too much, and she turned to leave the lines of foot traffic. Perhaps she would try tomorrow, when there were less menti in the crowds. A tingling grew on the back of her neck as she began to walk away from an afternoon's entertainment. It crawled like a spira insect along her spine, the growing fear of someone -or something- watching her. Naturally shy, Kwaiya despised the feeling and immediately slumped her shoulders in an effort to disappear, arms folding across her chest and gaze at her feet. The sensation grew, but she beared the unbearable and picked up her pace. Then she felt the bump. With a scared shock she looked up into the eyes of a menti warrior. Kwaiya let out a yip of fear, bouncing back and into the air. "I am so sorry please forgive my rudeness oh great menti warrior." She bowed low, satchel once again resting on the ground.

Edited by Kughii

IC SorukatesuGoodness, how does one react in such a situation? Dashi and Ringti and even the odd Saihoko would often start panicking and tripping over their words in situations like these. "The Menti class is surely the highest caste there is," Sorukatesu thought. "But why? We don't have anything to fight but each other.""It's all right, all right," Sorukatesu hurridly replied, checking the Ringti artisan for any scrapes. "You didn't bump into anything sharp by the way, did you?" the Menti asked, gesturing to the spikes on her armor. She adjusted the lens on her Kakama, closely checking for wounds.

IC: On the island of Odaiba, Dashi farmers tended to their fields. In this case, their work was not too hard; unlike some clans, the fields they cared for were only of modest size, enough to keep their clan healthy, and perhaps to take a small harvest to market if the year was bountiful enough. By the standards of many clans, this would have made them seem poor, almost paupers in the grand scheme of things, and no higher than the most minor of clans. But even the highest clan knew better. The Eiyu were not land-rich, nor rich in political influence, no, their influence lay in the mind. It was no secret that the Eiyu contributed many of the empire's scholars, and it was a fact of which the ancient clan was proud. They had lasted countless generations to reach the present day, a claim that not many clans could make. Off the top of the Toroshu's head, she could think only of four, the Hogo, the Umbraline, the Ageru, and the Fursic, that had maintained real standing over the years besides themselves. It was an accomplishment, to be sure, and one that Sonei was no doubt beaming at from his place in the life beyond this one. As Nihonei surveyed the courtyards from her office, she could see the latest crop of Menti warriors training under their instructors. They were the very youngest group, and in fact, they were only just learning the finer points of Ideatalk. If she tried, she could hear them taking hesitant, clumsy steps onto the mental plane, learning to broadcast their thoughts at will. A few more advanced students, visible from the sheer delight on their faces, had already figured out how to distinguish one classmate from another, and were using this newfound knowledge to try and identify their peers by mental feel alone. Watching the proceedings, one would have thought that a whole new world full of wonder had been opened to them. And in a way, she reflected, it had. Not long from now they would begin experimenting to see what specialty they preferred, and from there, their instructors would carefully select the partners that they would work with for, if nothing went awry, the rest of their days. It was a special bond that they did not yet know, and one that they would learn to treasure. With a sigh, Nihonei returned her gaze to the book in her hands. Though once she had been where they were, that luxury was not one she possessed any longer. On clear days such as today, much of her time had to be devoted to ensuring that the clan ran smoothly, including but not limited to managing their political standing, their finances, and the day-to-day workings. In truth, she knew she could not complain; much of the work was already streamlined before it reached her by her advisors and her staff, ensuring that only matters important enough to require her attention did, in fact, receive her attention. Compared to some Toroshu, she did not have nearly so much to complain about. She still had time for her own pursuits, be they scholarly or otherwise.But, nonetheless, she did miss the simpler days. The days when her own abilities were so exciting, when her own partner was always close at hand. That was another thing te Menti in the courtyard had not yet learned, and Zuto Nui willing they would never have to learn; as wonderful a bond as it is, when one's partner is no longer nearby, their absence is acutely noted, no matter how long, or short, a time it is. But she digressed. Such were the ramblings of someone who, as her staff often noted, seemed determined to be old before her time. Her clan was thriving, her students eager to learn, and the state of the empire was stable, even prosperous. That was enough.OOC: Consider the Eiyu introduced! :) Anyone who wishes to speak with the Toroshu can feel free, in the meantime, I'll move on to the other post I need to make here, and working to get the clan firmly established. IC: The bridge between Odaiba and Sado was, as always, quit beautiful. It was bright, sunny day, the weather was mild, and the ocean like a great crystalline mirror, shifting and rippling softly under the slight breeze. The bridge between the two islands stretched over this sparkling water to connect the two seemingly opposite worlds of the agricultural land and the shimmering Imperial City, a bridge between these two diametrically opposed, yet inextricably linked worlds. No doubt a philosopher might make a statement of that, or a poet a beautiful descriptor, but the Dasaka that leaned against the railing was neither of those things. Crystalline lenses perched halfway down her nose, inquisitive eyes peered down at the text held open in her hand, transfixed by the knowledge within. By all appearances, she was more scholar than warrior. With her attire and her youth, one might easily mistake her for a scholar or artisan, more interested in the words before her than combat. Her athletic build was disguised by the robes she wore, her crystalline armor hidden from the sun, and no weapons visible upon her person. Indeed, to most Menti, she seemed of trivial consequence, no one of importance, no indicator of her clan or status. And she would have remained of such trivial importance, were it not for one thing; Though quite oblivious to this fact, she was blocking a significant portion of the bridge, having stopped to read in one of the narrowest portions of walkway. OOC: Sinshi is open for any interaction. :P

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Ankora (Odaiba-Sado Bridge)

"And what might it be that worries the mind of one so young?"

The question came from a bench perched by the fence of the bridge a little further ahead where it became wider again. Beautifully carved and ornated, it was a testament to the underappreciated skill of the Ringti. The one who sat on the bench was not a Ringti, however. Rather, Sinshi would see an old (obviously), stubby Datsue sitting on the bench, resting her hands on an ornate cane, with a small smile as her eyes were fixed on the Dasaka with an inquisitive look. It was a look that told of many things. Years spent studying, teaching, thinking, and occassionally fighting and competing.

Ankora was one of the highest ranking Eiyu. But right now she was just an old woman, albeit with all the freedom, wisdom and skill such a moniker would imply.

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:Abruptly, Sinshi blinked, glancing up from her reading to peer over the top of her reading lenses at the being opposite her. Truth be told, she hadn't the faintest idea when the Datsue had arrived there, or why she had been quiet for so long. Actually, she wasn't quite sure when she herself had stopped on the bridge. Was that ten pages ago? Twenty? A chapter?

Hmm.

"No worries, elder, merely curiosities. Worries are best left to those qualified to deal with them."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:"Then accept that for what it is, and build yourself up from there. You're still with honour no matter what, and especially with this, so you've nowhere to go but up, and I'd rather see you try that than watch you sit there and mope about." Done with that conversation, Sato continued walking along, the group now having come to the bridge.

Up further she could easily recognize a couple others, though, helping to block off the bridge. A Dasaka and a Datsue, they looked like, starting to talk themselves. No matter. They would likely move if asked, and if not, well...Sato sincerely hoped they would move if asked.

profiles i guess

IC: Ankora (Odaiba-Sado Bridge)

Ankora hummed as she studied Sinshi a little closer. For a moment, Ankora might've mistaken her for a member of her own clan, given her scholarly attire and activity, but truth be told Ankora wasn't actually quite sure which clan this young Dasaka belonged to. Her robes could very well hide a Soulsword's physique as much as a Willhammer's.

"Well said," she spoke up, acknowleding Sinshi's response, "so I suppose maybe I should rephrase myself. What curiosities are currently the object of your fancy, young one?"

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:"At the moment, the history of the ancient clans roughly around the time of the empire's inception. I don't personally have much of an interest in that period, but knowledge of it is rather necessary to properly understand the changes in political climate in the more recent eras."After a moment's thought, she closed the book, seeking to avoid being rude. It would be, after all, the height of disrespect to act as though the Datsue did not have her attention. Carefully, she stowed the tome with the others in her bag, resting it atop the small stack.

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Man Of Miracles, are you using a Dasaka that is in the profiles topic? I cannot seem to find the name Sorukatesu in any forum except Kentoku.

IC: Kwaiya

"Thank you."

The bowing dashi slowly raised her head. A relieved smile passed across Kwaiya's face before she could hide her emotions. She looked up at the menti with a hint of adoration, although Kwaiya's neck seemed to shrink as if escaping into a shell.

IC:

"That was an interesting time, wasn't it?" Sato said, having come within earshot of the pair already on the bridge. "When the empire was first unified, all the clans pledging allegiance to the first Rora, and all the inter-clan warfare that kept happening." She cocked her head at Sinshi, about to ask what the other had been reading, before she remembered to bow to the pair - where some might say one such as her didn't need to bow to another Dasaka like that, it certainly never hurt to be polite.

"Dasaka, Datsue. How are the two of you?"

profiles i guess

IC: Sanei - Odaiba-Sado Bridge

Sanei was about to compliment Sato on her wise words and comment on how one could go nowhere if they did nothing when Sato suddenly spoke up, addressing a Dasaka and Datsue who stood on the bridge. Realizing that she'd become lost in thought, Sanei bowed, somewhat hastily. Innerly, she chided herself for being caught off-guard. A Menti of the Umbraline should always be alert, after all.

Deciding that Sato had said all that needed to be said, she remained silent.

IC:

Sinshi swiveled in position smoothly to identify and address the newcomer, sinking almost immediately into a deep bow at the waist, quite careful to ensure that she bowed lower than the other Dasaka. Though both were Menti, even if Sinshi looked very much not like one, there was absolutely no doubt that Sato's was the higher status. The other Dasaka was instantly recognizable, she had not changed at all from when they had been in training together, though Sinshi herself had changed substantially."I am well, Sato. And it is indeed an interesting period, but alas, it's not my primary objective. I've been attempting to determine the influences of history upon modern politics, and the warring period is more of a secondary requirement for such reading."

fK5oqYf.jpg