BZPRPG - Kentoku Archipelago

Nuju Metru

IC: Eshai

Eshai stood silently, and as soon as she heard Sanei say 'good day', she prepared herself to once again start moving. She was uncertain as to exactly what she should be doing at the current time, other than protecting Sanei. Eventually, something slowly trickled through her mind.

In a mental message to Sanei, she decided to continue what she had said before. "I apologize for my early comment. I did not wish to disturb you with such unpleasantness, but I did not think before the words had escaped."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Sanei - Odaiba/Sado Bridge

Sanei bowed to the others. "While it's been a pleasure, I'm afraid that I must be getting to Sado. Have a good day." She began walking toward the crystal-coated island at her usual fast pace.

"Don't worry about it. Living without a clan is by all accounts very hard, so I imagine that most people of your status think the same thing," she replied.

With a slight nod towards the surrounding group, she calmly followed after Sanei. Even moving at her fastest walk, she was still losing ground to the much quicker Sanei, ground that she would make up in a quick teleport when it reached far enough a distance between the two.

"Yes... I assume that we probably all do. It is something no one of higher class would ever think of, though. It only occurs to one when there is nothing left."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

Noticing that Eshai was falling behind yet again, Sanei reluctantly slowed down a bit. After all, her conversations with Sato and Ankora had already slowed her down quite a bit anyway. For a moment, she listened to the click-click-click of crystal striking crystal as she walked down the bridge, wrestling with her curiosity. Finally, she gave in.

"You don't talk about your life before your clan was destroyed often. What was it like?"

Edited by Cadias

She noticed that Sanei was slowing down a little, something that really seemed rather strange. Sanei seemed to be all about rushing through everything in life, always racing even without any clear goal in mind. The fact that she would slow down even a little was quite a surprise to Eshai, who really had no trouble keeping up when using her mask. She wondered if it was so she could keep up, or if Sanei's own thoughts were what slowed her down.

Then came the one subject that she had done everything to avoid, her past. It was something that she really didn't like dwelling upon, but always found her own thoughts slipping back to. Talking about it was the last thing she wanted to do. "Much like the current clans such as your own, only smaller."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

It didn't appear that Sanei was going to let her slip away with as vague an answer as she hoped. She really wasn't happy with talking about anything in her past, it just stood as a gleaming pillar, showing how far one could fall without a clan or family.

"I was a Menti, I trained myself to be the greatest warrior I could. I focused more upon my strength than I did my mental power."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

"...I see." It appeared that she wasn't going to be able to get anything out of Eshai, at least today.

Suddenly, she noticed that she'd slowed down. Speeding up, she mentally admonished herself. A Menti of Clan Umbraline should always be focused.

The Imperial Palace was drawing near now, its crystal structures reflecting the sun into the ocean around it. Sanei stared at it. "You know, Eshai, I made an excuse to get away from the others, but I'm really not certain as to what I- er, we should do once we arrive in the Imperial Palace. Any suggestions?"

IC: Ankora (Eiyu Chateau)

"Toroshu Nihonei, if you permit" Ankora's mild face poked out from behind the halfway opened door. Throwing an expectant glance at Nihonei.

"I believe I was to expected at this hour"

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

She noticed Sanei returning to her quickened pace, the lack of information from Eshai had probably caused her to grow bored with that path of conversation, now she was moving along at a pace just slow enough that she could live her life with comfort, and just fast enough for her to miss any of the happiness that life presented. Eshai sometimes wondered how Sanei managed to keep moving at such a pace without even exhausting herself.
With a teleport right beside Sane, she too glared at the Imperial Palace. It seemed so cold against the landscape, like an empty memory of a time when she might have gone there as something more than a hired servant. "There was mention of a training battle on the way here, but I am uncertain as to what should be done."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

Sanei, pretending to stop and admire the view of the Imperial Palace, halted to rest for a moment. They were nearing the end of the bridge, which was good. They were making up for lost time- though, if Sanei had been asked why she was making up for lost time, she'd find herself unable to answer.

"Oh, yes, the training battle. Perhaps we could drop by one of the training grounds in the Yards and duel each other there? Nobody would think we were actually trying to kill each other if we fought there."

Edited by Cadias

As they neared the bridge, Eshai adjusted her pace no longer to be beside Sanei, but standing directly behind her. Following her lead, but not holding to place herself as an an equal. Walking beside her was not really something Eshai felt she should be doing, but it was an old habit that didn't seem to want to fade. If her mind slipped from concentration, she often found herself walking alongside Sanei as she had done other warriors long ago.

"That would be a good place."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC:Nihonei looked up from her desk, blinking once, and setting aside her quill. "Yes, I do believe you mentioned wanting to meet at this time, Ankora."The Toroshu smiled warmly, pushing aside the paper she had been working on. "What can I do for you?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Sanei - Sado

Sanei stepped onto the crystal-paved street that led into the heart of the Imperial Palace. Having grown up in the city, she knew it well, and set off at her usual, rapid pace toward the Yards. She couldn't help but feel a glow of pride as the Dashi parted before her, clearing a way. She smiled just a little- she loved being a proud warrior of the Umbraline clan!

Before long, the two had arrived at one of the training grounds that dotted the Yards. There were basically no spectators to witness the fight, which was good. There was a chance, after all, that she would lose the duel, which would be rather embarrassing.

"Are you ready, Eshai?"

She followed along behind Sanei, watching the respect that her employer received. She had once been subject to the same: on a lesser scale perhaps, but the feeling of power was nonetheless the same. She couldn't help but feel a hint of jealousy at the life of Sanei, born into a powerful clan that would be going nowhere. Her power would last for a very long time.

When they reached the training ground, Eshai walked around Sanei to take her place in opposition. She was taller and more muscular than her opponent, but that wouldn't mean much once the battle got underway. She drew her Kanabo from her back. She would be careful with the powerful weapon, she didn't want to hurt Sanei too badly with it. It was built for smashing armor and crushing bone, not for training battles.

With a nod towards Sanei, she responded. "I am ready."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

At the very moment that Sanei began her lunge, Eshai raised her Kanabo and vanished. She had barely moved in time to avoid the kinetic blast, only because she had already prepared her first attack. If she had had to think any more about her placement, it surely would have struck.

She appeared right to the side of Sanei, revealing why she had raised her very long weapon. It was now only a small distance from having Sanei crash into it face first.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Sanei - Training Grounds, The Yards, Sado

Sanei jumped, surprised at Eshai's sudden appearance. Also, there was the matter of the Kanabo, which was rapidly closing in on her face.

Luckily, though, the years she had spent training paid off. Almost automatically, her mind reached out to pull on Eshai's weapon up, hopefully enough to cause it to clear her head. At the same time, she swung her sword at Eshai's legs. With her attention focused on the Kanabo, she couldn't afford to look at her target, but it would hopefully put Eshai on the defensive.

Sanei's reflexes were better than Eshai had expected, as she felt her weapon forced up just enough for Sanei to pass by it unharmed. It was quite a quick deflection too, very impressive use of her mental powers. Eshai could have grinned, having an opponent after quite a long time that was not trying to kill her. It meant she could try things that might otherwise get her killed.

The blade passed within inches of her legs. That was one advantage of being taller, a longer reach. A longer weapon didn't hurt much either. But the attack was still far too close for comfort, and likely could have caused some real damage to her legs.

She clutched her Kanabo tightly, and went towards Sanei with a quick charge using the blunt end of the tool. If it hit, it probably wouldn't do any serious damage. It would hurt though. It would hurt very badly.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Sanei - Training Grounds, The Yard, Sado

Sanei frowned when her blade connected with nothing. Oh, well. It had been worth a try.

As Eshai charged toward Sanei, Sanei turned to face her. No way to stop that with her Mindarm powers without exhausting herself- just deflecting Eshai's first blow had drained her reserves alarmingly. Eshai's strength was not to be underestimated.

So, instead trying to block the charge, Sanei activated her Hau. At the same time, she again focused on using her telekinetic powers to give Eshai a quick, upward tug. It wasn't particularly powerful, but it would hopefully be enough to throw Eshai off, distract her a bit. It was a risky move, though- it took a lot of concentration to use her Discipline and Kanohi simultaneously.

As unorthodox tactic as it was, Sanei had found herself a rather excellent deflection. Her telekinetic powers didn't move the Kanabo much, but it was enough to do more than she likely expected. Eshai was too close to the shield to halt her assault, and the sudden slight upward tilt of her weapon meant that it hit the shield at an angle. The weapon glanced off of the shield with a brutal jolt, almost wrenching it free from her strong grip. It wasn't enough to stop her, but enough to seriously make her rethink her strategy.

She vanished and appeared a distance from Sanei. She was going to try something different this time. Sanei had proven herself very good defensively, but how good was her offence? She stared at Sanei, letting loose her own power, Willhammer. Instead of trying to force a new emotion onto her foe, she attempted to fuel one that she felt was already there. She tried to play on Sanei's sense of self-doubt. Something she was almost certain that the obsessively overachieving warrior held somewhere inside her.

She attempted to plant a single thought inside her foe. "Eshai is so far below you, and yet she has so far been able to match your blows. Why are you not defeating her easily?" She couldn't focus on forcing it through it for long, as she was certain she would need to be moving soon. But if the thought stuck...

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Sanei - Training Grounds, The Yard, Sado

What Sanei felt next was a strange feeling. It was like a voice deep inside of her, whispering up from the depths of her soul. "Eshai is so far below you, and yet she has so far been able to match your blows," it whispered. "Why are you not defeating her easily?"

With the words came an almost overpowering wave of self-doubt. Suddenly, Sanei was reminded of every time she had failed, every time she had failed to uphold the name of her clan. It was as if all the doubts she shoved as far back in her mind as she could had bubbled to the surface. Defeating Eshai, once a simple and even enjoyable task, now seemed monumental. The other Menti seemed to tower over her, an immovable, implacable, unstoppable force.

Her fingers trembled on the hilt of her sword as she hesitated. Should she give up? Should she drop her weapon?

What am I thinking? I... I am a Menti of the Umbraline! she thought, trying to sound courageous. It didn't work, but the point remained. She had to uphold her family's honor, even in a simple duel like this.

"No," Sanei whispered, as if answering the insidious voice inside of her. Then, she looked directly at Eshai, unleashing a powerful telekinetic blast as she yelled, "No!"

Breaking free and evading a moving Sanei would have been easy enough, but outrunning a force she didn't even see coming? Eshai hadn't been quite prepared for the powerful blast that struck her armored form. Instantly, her power's hold on Sanei's mind halted. If the thought held in place or faded, Eshai couldn't know. She had more important things to worry about for the moment.

She hit the ground from the impact from the attack, stumbling back from the force as gravity had done the rest. It was a rather jarring impact for the large brute, her heavy armor ensuring a heavy collision. As she began to rise to her feet, she vanished from view. It that was how Sanei wanted to fight, then Eshai could respond quite easily in kind.

She reappeared behind Sanei, holding her Kanabo with one hand near each end. And with a might motion, she attempted to bump the weapon virtually harmlessly into Sanei's back in an attempt to knock her over as well.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC (Tazera) Three sharp but respectful raps sounded on the Commodore's cabin door. Once Ayiwah had given her succinct approval, the door swung open to reveal a Menti warrior, clad in an officer's coat similar to (but considerably less decorated than) that of the Commodore herself. The Dasaka stood rigidly, feet together and back straight, snapping a sharp salute. "All remaining provisions present and accounted for, ma'am," Tazera reported briskly. "Cargo inventory's been checked; all correct except what was lost in the storm coming around the Kozu cape, ma'am."

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

As she watched Sanei hit the ground, she lifted up her kanabo. So the best Sanei could do with her powers was a blast strong enough to knock someone over? Of maybe she was holding back, Eshai couldn't be certain, but she knew what was coming. It was time to finish this battle.

With a downward swing, the Kanabo came down towards the fallen Sanei. Eshai was doing her best to keep the swing under control, trying for enough force to knock the wind out of her employer without going overboard.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Hogo Kamari, Hogo Noshima's Chambers (Imperial Palace)

The crystal bowl resting to the right of her knees, Kamari waited for Noshima to begin. The first move was crucial, and silence reigned within Noshima's chambers until broken by the sound of the black piece clacking against the wood. Kamari lowered her head in thought, refusing to play an inadequate response. The crystals landed on the wooden board in slow intervals, their tactics dancing about the board. Armies began to form and with them the pace developed. Both dasaka's plans finally became apparent and the opening passed into the mid-game without protest.

"How has my Toroshu been sleeping since her dreams?" Kamari inquired while scooping an army of two from the board. For Noshima to allow her the small victory hinted at a larger plot, and while she waited for the woman's answer Kamari calculated Noshima's scheme.

IC: Eiyu Kwaiya, Imperial Library (Towers of Knowledge)

The book returned to its shelf, brushing against the covers of its fellows in greeting. Kwaiya ran a finger down its spine and gave a pleasant sigh. Grabbing the handle of her shelving cart she continued on past Menti Biographies and Tactics. The crystal tower glittered with outside sunlight. The city was little more than a soft sketch through the semi-translucent walls, and Kwaiya enjoyed the feeling of solitude from the rest of civilization. She was but a small dashi in a grand empire of books.

Kwaiya trundled her cart along the crystal bridge, looking down at the splendor of the library. Hundreds of levels stretched below her, each dedicated to a different subject. In the thousands of years since the forming of the modern dasaka civilization there had never been a lack of authors. Nobles had little to worry them in the centuries of prosperity, and many turned to writing volumes on genealogies and military histories, others to boat building, and even more to the pleasures of the stomach. The recorded history and society of one race had never been so perfectly filed away between the covers of books.

The dashi paused. In her hands was a rare copy of Cornerisu's Inventions. How ironic such a small book had such a powerful influence. Inventions was the earliest known publication featuring sketches and designs for an aquatic vessel later to be dubbed the submarine. In an attempt to control the production of these powerful vessels the current Rora had banned the book and kept the inventor in the naval shipyards improving the designs until Cornerisu's death. Countless copies of the slim crystal resonator had been shattered, forcibly removing any public knowledge of the invention's secrets. Kwaiya, entranced by the history of the copy's survival, ran a hand across the stiff cover. Curiosity and shame simultaneously burning in her chest, Kwaiya slipped the small book into her satchel. She glanced around to assure she was alone in her act before continuing in her duties.

Edited by Kughii

"I wanted to express some concerns on behalf of the Scholar's Commitee. They have reached an impasse, and sought to me to decide on the matter. Alas, I'm afraid I wasn't quite wise enough beyond my years to make a proper judgement, so I in turn come to you."

Ankora finished relating her tale as she pulled up an armchair, reserved for the occasion of an elder visiting Nihonei's office. They had earned the comfort after their long life of servitude to the Dasaka Empire.

"The conundrum is as follows: The Commitee is evenly split on an issue regarding our teachings. You, of course, are familiar with the Eiyu code of Honor?"

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:"I think that you'd be hard pressed to find one single code," The Toroshu observed with amusement, glancing at the books lining her walls. "We are, after all, philosophers. We have differing opinions on how to make our tea, let alone our honor.""But I am familiar with the more common sets of beliefs, yes. It is my duty, after all."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Sanei - Training Grounds, the Yard, Sado

As Eshai raised her Kanabo, Sanei rolled over. She was beginning to feel the strain of having to use telekinesis so much- she'd trained to use her Mindarm abilities and sword in concert, but had so far been unable to bring her weapon into play.

Time to change that.

She kept rolling to avoid the club-like weapon. Once she felt she was safely out of the way, she stopped. Narrowing her eyes, she focused on Eshai's stomach. The telekinetic push she sent Eshai's way was smaller than the others, but more focused- about the equivalent of being punched. Hopefully, it would be enough to make adjusting the course of the Kanabo impossible.

Edited by Cadias

IC:

Sato rolled her eyes, continuing to walk along. No matter how much she tried to get Sinshi to just call her by name, without all the useless honourifics and bowing, the other Dasaka would never listen...Soon enough they came back to Sado, the pair moving quickly towards where all the restaurants would be...

Without having decided on a restaurant. Or whether or not they might just eat one of their homes.

"Uh, Sinshi, we might have underthought this."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:"I think that you'd be hard pressed to find one single code," The Toroshu observed with amusement, glancing at the books lining her walls. "We are, after all, philosophers. We have differing opinions on how to make our tea, let alone our honor.""But I am familiar with the more common sets of beliefs, yes. It is my duty, after all."

"Precisely" Ankora approved with a nod.

"The Eiyu are sworn to seek knowledge and understanding, and to consider themselves as scholars and teachers first, and warriors second"

"And for the record, the only way to make tea is with the leaves plucked right from the plant, in their freshest state" Ankora remarked with a mischievous smile

"However, some of our scholars have gotten the idea that we do in fact need a standardized Code of Honor. Their arguement is that it will provide a pillar for our teachings to rest on, and their arguements beyond that just go in circles. "Foundation" this, "framework" that, personally I'm not in very strong support of the idea"

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"Very good, Lieutenant."

Ayiwah held up a hand, both acknowledging the other Menti and signaling for Tazera to wait a moment as she finished signing off on the last slip of parchment in front of her. Her signature was as neat as on the first slip at the bottom of the stack. Finally, she put the quill down and closed the inkwell, placing them back in their appropriate drawer. She could have done it later, but one unfortunate breeze or wave were all that was needed to ruin the important paperwork on the desk. Besides, you didn't leave things half done and putting things back in order was still a part of the task. There was a small spool of string in the drawer as well. She pulled of a length of it, which was suddenly cut off by an invisible force.

As she tied the string around the stack of parchment to form them into a bundle, she looked up at Tazera before standing up from her table.

"Better to lose a few crates of cargo than losing crew."

"Yes ma'am."

Tazera was still standing rigidly. Ayiwah glanced behind her, making sure the door to the cabin was closed, before a small smile formed on her lips. "At ease, Tazera."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC (Tazera)

Tazera relaxed.

"About time too," she said, in a voice of mock complaint.

Walking over, she glanced at the stack of paperwork. "Who'd have thought Commodore was such a desk-job?"

The lieutenant sat down on a nearby chair, and reached back, untying the green Menti cloth that she wore across her forehead bandanna-style, and mopped her brow a little with it. It was a warm day, even below-decks, and checking the inventories had required a certain amount of lugging.

Edited by Geisthande

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

A telekinetic punch was indeed enough to lock the swing of the Kanabo in place. The swing itself had enough Momentum to make changing direction it next to impossible, but that didn't make the blow to the gut any less annoying. The swing missed by only a slight margin. Eshai vanished.

She appeared once more a distance away from Sanei, she had to think about a better strategy. Eshai kept avoiding everything when she could see it coming... but that push had certainly seemed to catch her off guard. What this would take was a single, quick, unexpected blow.

She just had to wait for the right timing.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Kwaiya

Kwaiya returned the shelving cart to its station and made her way to the lower floors of the library. She passed through a hexagonal archway, feeling the calm tranquility of her work as her feet echoed down the winding stairwell. From inside her bag the copy of Cornerisu's Inventions tapped a pattern against her hip, making the shame harder to hide the closer to the lobby she came. A menti passed by, then doubled back to ask a question after noticing the librarian badge on Kwaiya's scarf.

"Excuse me, where may I find the closest reading room?"

Kwaiya buried her mouth into the folds of her scarf. The menti was tall and regal in her crystal armor, a bound book tucked under her arm. Kwaiya couldn't see the title, but based on the sheer size of the cover Kwaiya could understand the menti's plight. A tome needed a different room than most other books in the library. "There's one on the level below us. If you would allow..." She trailed off, avoiding the rude suggestion of being led somewhere by someone of lower caste. The menti nodded her kakama at the implied statement, and Kwaiya continued down the stairs with the warrior in tow.

After passing more rows of books they reached an alcove. From outside, it seemed like a flower bud pushing from the stem, but from inside the library Kwaiya led the menti into a chamber of humming crystal, the prism's resonant sound reaching across the psionic plane even into the unattained mind of the dashi librarian. Giving her thanks, the menti stepped inside, found a cushioned riser, and opened the cover of her tome. Kwaiya smiled in shy delight as the crystal tablet inside was amplified, two resonant sounds merging into a single understanding. The menti nodded in thought, her book speaking directly into her mind. Kwaiya's hand slipped into her satchel, fingers faintly brushing Inventions.

She could never read a book.

IC:

Not for the first time, Seigyo wished she had chosen her path as an adviser over being a bodyguard. She stood outside the door of her master, waiting for said master's departure from the room. While she rarely had qualms against the standard guard duty, her training had prepared her for such tasks, she often found the silence that waiting brought to be uncomfortable.

If anything, she had little room to complain. She was on the island of her birth, if she had the proper vantage point, she could see the home of Clan Hogo in the distance. Clan Vilda was certainly beautiful too, not just in the members of the clan, but that their home and what they stood for. It was a sort of wild beauty.

It was nice. However, Seigyo wasn't here to admire the beauty of the place. She was here for a job. Which was why Seigyo then banished these thoughts from her mind and refocused on her current task at hand.