BZPRPG - Kentoku Archipelago

Nuju Metru

IC:

Ayiwah looked at her first mate playing with her knife for a second, then shrugged ever-so-slightly. "I don't know what they will be either, the only other thing that last communique mentioned was that we'll be spending a lot more time ashore. Zuta-Nui only knows why."

Tazera could tell that the commodore was unhappy about that last fact.The hints were very very subtle, but Taz had known her friend long enough to pick up on those. Ayiwah preferred to be in the know, especially when it came to leaving her fleet to do something 'dirtside'. Not that she would ever disobey orders, but she was not above questioning them. A second later, a small smile appeared on her face though as she said:

"On the upside, we will have ample time to restock and repair the Yukanna."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: AkoneAkone looked the sprawling complex known as the Yard. A Gateway made of wood and crystal caught the sunlight and glowed a beautiful crystal blue.The entrance was guarded by two heavily armed Dasaka. They recognised Akone as a Hogo Menti but were unsure of Aki, since she never trained on Sado."She's a Menti. I assume all Menti, regardless of clan are allowed to train on the open yards? Or has that changed" Akone asked the guards.The one on he left nodded."Of course not, Akone of Hogo," and they let them enter.The patway led past the Arohi school, occupying most of the Yards, and past the port where the Kentoku navy was docked. The path ended in a wide field with several small buildings. There were several Dasaka training on the field.Akone walked over to a relatively empty spot."You can keep your belongings in one of the buildings. I'll be warming up here," Akone told Aki.

IC | "Right," Said Akimatai. "I'll be up in a moment." While Akone was up preparing herself, Aki was perusing the school's selection of weaponry. Preferably something concealable, but able to slide neatly between plates of armor, or one's ribs. Eventually, Aki reached the section dedicated to knives. Machetes, dirks, kunai, and daggers of every kind, but it was not until a few minutes later that she found a weapon that met her criteria. A tiny knife, more of a spike than a blade, and a handle that provided adequate grip. Then, she strolled up to where Akone was waiting. Sliding her claws on, she examined them for any damage. The sleeves were torn slightly, but the gauntlets were intact, and the fingertips were razor-sharp, as always. "Are you ready?" Aki asked.

Edited by The Dapper Man

Morally unambiguous.

OOC: jsyk, Lorax, it's spelled 'Ageru'.

IC (Kilanya)

"And I am pleased to meet you," the Toroshu replied. She rubbed her chin pensively with finger and thumb, the other hand resting on her waist. "You must be the Dashi from Clan Vilda."

Her benevolent smile broadened.

"I approved your request personally, you know," she said. "I have always enjoyed walking in these parts, and it pleases me that you wish to help others enjoy it too. Would you remind me of your name?"

OOC: Fixed.

IC (Vilda Tara, Mount Koshiki, Odaiba): Well, this was new. Tara's respect for the Menti jumped a few notches. So many Dasaka got awfully caught up in politics and trade and power and classes and rivalries and work... In Tara's opinion, they missed out on life somewhere in the middle of all that. The busyness sucked out the time for friendships, enjoyment, beauty and pleasure. If this Toroshu could run a whole clan and still find time to get out here into the middle of nowhere when she felt the need, then clearly she was both very good at what she did and at life as well.

"My name is Tara" she replied. "It is good to know our work is appreciated, especially by one such as yourself. Say, did you see any tapiri on the way up here? Little brown and grey lizard, about yay long - " she indicated the length of her hand " - sort of spotty?"

IC Sokuratesu"My name is Fursic Sokuratesu. You may have heard of me before." Despite being one of the youngest Menti warriors on the island (she hadn't even been born yet during the last uprising), Sokuratesu had distinguished herself with her unique fighting style, an erratic combination of dance-like kicks, throws and joint locks, and pressure point strikes; in fact, some even mistook her for one of the Tajaar. However, she was much more famous for ticking off her instructors by presenting them with philosophical conundrums, deconstructions of their worldview, and overall just plain annoyance to no end. News travels fast, and word f the young philosopher had spread like wildfire.

IC (Tapui, Arohi School, Sado): Tapui hadn't heard of this Fursic, but by the way she spoke, she obviously expected to be recognised. Tapui was sorry to burst her bubble. "I haven't, actually" she said, "but a few of my friends probably have. I could ask them later, or you could save me the trouble by telling me yourself."

IC:

:A jewel in a monotony of monochromatic minds? My my, I hadn't thought a male capable of such beautiful poetry.: Soraph's tone had become melodious on the mental plane, her every word a note in a honeyed song. Her appearance as a flower in the mental realm began to flicker and fade, like a dying candle taking it's last, desperate breaths.

:Yes, you may have the pleasure of dining with me tonight: Soraph told Koga, knowing full well that it was an honour to be invited to dinner by a First Son. :Meet me here at eight thirty. Don't be late.: The flower popped out of existence, the conversation of minds over.

Soraph gently moved her arm upwards, prodding Hane's mind to return to Koga. The Janu bird did just, unfurling it's wings and flying off to land on the Daikura's shoulder.

"Until tonight, First Son Koga."

Soraph turned to leave, walking out of the veranda back into the Palace's halls. She paused near the doorway, noticing something strange. A shadow on the ground, although there was no object visibly casting one. Soraph didn't say anything, instead just walking on towards the gardens.

She quested out with her mind, seeking out the individual that had been hiding during her conversation with Koga. She found it easily enough, a shady green mist on the mental plane. She grabbed hold of it with the wild strength of a Vilda Willhammer, using the Menti discipline to command the person's mind and speak to it individually.

:Don't deactivate your Kanohi. Follow me.:

IC (Kore, The Wards, Sado): Kore almost yelped in surprise and discomfort as her barely-corporeal mental body was crushed into submission. She was busted, trapped, and about to face the music for eavesdropping on a pair of Menti, individuals four steps further up the caste ladder than herself. Meekly, she did what she was told and trotted after the Vilda. There wasn't much point in doing anything else.

ppg2.png

IC:

Soraph waited in a darkened corner of a secluded hallway for the eavesdropper to arrive. She kept her hold on the Dasaka's mind the whole time, careful to make sure that whoever it was obeyed her commands perfectly. Eventually she saw the Dasaka's shadow on the ground, her Kanohi obviously still activated. Good, Soraph thought, no one will see her converse with the snoop. She began speaking into the person's mind directly.

:Tell me who you are, your history, and why you were spying on my conversation with the the Daikura First Son: Soraph commanded firmly, using her Willhammer abilities to ensure the Dasaka complied.

Edited by Toa Fanixe

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC (Kore, The Wards, Sado): Soraph's mental grip was still painfully tight, squeezing Kore's concentration and will into a mould that was just slightly the wrong shape. Completely submitting to the force of the Willhammer, she dropped the barriers to her mind, dropped her kanohi power, and dropped to the floor. The mask power. she had no choice about - the mental mugging had shattered her concentration.

I am Kore, formerly of Clan Fursic, but no longer she answered. As for history, my first home was on Kozu, before i travelled here , to Sado, to train as a Menti warrior. I never completed the training because I brought dishonour to my clan and was cast out. For 73 years now I have been a cleaner and caretaker of the wards. I did not intend to spy on your meeting, I just happened to be near as you talked, come to water the plants on the balcony. I hid myself out of respect, so that you Menti would not be subjected to the sight of my dishonour or disturb your speech.

She left out the fact that she had other reasons for being there, which may or may not have amounted to, as Soraph put it, "spying". What she said was the truth, however, and would be recognised as such.

ppg2.png

IC: Ankora (Odaiba)

The elding Mindarm was on her way down a road leading away from the Eiyu chateau where she had concluded her business with Toroshu Nihonei. Now she was out on the road, looking for a young mind to guide, or an uppity brat to discipline, she could go with either, really.

OOC: Ankora is open for interaction

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Soraph scolded herself as Kore's short form suddenly appeared on the floor beside her. It was a novice mistake, far below Soraph's skill level. She worked with animals so frequently she had forgotten that when gripping the mind of a Dasaka too tightly, the Dasaka's mental concentration often failed and their Mask would be deactivated. Soraph would not let such a blunder occur again.

:I see,: Soraph started speaking to Kore. :Well Kore, you were found spying on a pair of Menti, whether or not that is what you intended. You know as well as I that your actions are punishable. I could have you fired and expelled from Sado for the dishonour you have done to me and my class. But that benefits neither of us, and I find displeasure on wasting my energies on things that do not give me profit. Allow me to offer you a better deal: Spy for me. Listen to the whispers in the dark, watch the secret meetings of the night. Report your findings to me every two weeks. If your information is useful, you will be suitably rewarded. Help my star rise in the Empire and I will restore honour to you.

:So, which do you choose Kore? Would you prefer punishment or the chance to regain all you have lost, and more?

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC (Tazera) Tazera returned her superior's smile. "You do love this ship, don't you," she said after a pause. She returned the crystal knife to its sheath. "I think you'd rather not leave her at all." IC (Kilanya) "I'm afraid I didn't," Kilanya replied, amused. Tara certainly was keen on wildlife, a perspective that was different to those of the Dashi of her own clan. The Ageru loved the land as much as any, but their focus was often on taming it rather than observing it. "My attention was mainly on the view." And what a view it was; the rolling foothills of Koshiki, giving way to grasslands and fields, and the blue glittering of the sea just visible beyond. Odaiba was truly beautiful.

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC Sokuuratesu"Well, I only recently became a full fledged Menti, so if you're a certain degree older than me, you may have not heard of me" The young Menti shrugged. "Well, have you heard any rumors of a spike-armored Menti going around philosophizing, sometimes annoying some of the elders in the process?"

OOC: First post as Reiko, Guardian of Tarakona! :PIC: Warden Daikura Reiko- Mount KoshikiColours. Reiko had no favourite colour, since she loved them all. That was probably why she enjoyed her post away from Arohi. Odaiba, while no Oki, was quite full of natural life if one knew where to look. And animals and plants meant colours. Migratory Janu. Flowers and trees. Reiko always felt pain when she heard of more expansion on Sado. It meant more monoliths less wildlife.Presently, the Mindarm Menti was strolling along the eastern hills of Odaiba. She passed a hill that she knew was the headquarteres of some clan or other. Knowing that was her job, being the commander of the guards of her Clan's ancestral grounds and all...Travelling up a road that led from the hill to the ground level, she found an interesting nest of birds up a tree. Reiko stopped in the middlebof the road, looking up at the brightly-feathered birds on the blossoming tree. She was an odd sight, a fully armoirred Dasaka with a Tachi staring up a tree. Unbeknownst to her, an aged Dasaka was south to round the corner and hit her...OOC: That's Ankora, Geardirector. Also, Dapper Man, I'll put up an Akone post tomorrow.

Edited by Norik Of Gielinor

IC:

An hour later...

Kulrik took a deep breath, planting his left foot into the ground behind him. Straight ahead was his opponent, Herupa Seigyo. She was very nearly the same height as Kulrik, so he lacked his usual advantage of longer reach. She was also incredibly well trained as a fighter as most Herupa were to better serve their masters. And of course, Seigyo was a Soulsword, like himself.

Kulrik brought his right arm down from his shoulder, a thin band of light emerging into existence as Kulrik drew on his psionic energies. It was the shape of a delicate rapier, Kulrik's preferred weapon, but looks were conceiving - despite being thin, the Soulsword was as tough as the hardiest of crystal weapons.

"Begin!" he told Seigyo.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

OOC: First post as Vanika, feel free to initiate interaction.

IC: VanikaVanika woke up early in the morning, ready to begin her day. She had been sick for the past few days, and was unable to teach her classes. She truly hoped that the students were still able to learn. After having breakfast, Vanika headed to her classroom.

She stood at the front, waiting for her students to arrive shortly.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC:

Kulrik stood his ground, his body in perfect battle stance as he prepared Seigyo's assault. She hid the length of her spear behind her shield, but Kulrik knew that she could extend it at a moments notice and score a touch on him.

Seigyo drew near, and finally the Vilda First Son reacted with amazing speed. Kulrik feinted to the left, leaning away from his attacker. As Seigyo went for the bait he jumped to the right, swinging his rapier against the side of Seigyo's shield like a hammer. It wouldn't do any damage, but it carried enough strength to numb Seigyo's arm and throw her off balance.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC:

Kulrik flicked his wrist almost lazily, turning the tip of Seigyo's spear to the side away from him. The short exchange allowed Kulrik to gauge the full extent of Seigyp's reach with the long weapon, which was long indeed. Luckily, Kulrik wouldn't have to resort to fighting too differently from his usual style - the way Seigyo held her spear, she couldn't reach that much further than with a rapier.

Kulrik lunged forward, his sword raised and pointed to an unprotected spot on Seigyo's sword-hand shoulder.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC:

Seigyo quickly raised her shield and started to back off. A different approach would be required to defeat Kulrik, that much was obvious.

Seigyo's grip on her weapon rapidly changed as she raised her spear, holding the shaft so that the spear-tip was facing 'down' now. Then she threw the spear, gauging with her Anthron on where Kulrik was, and what he was doing whilst she focused on her throw.

IC:

Kulrik's eyes widened with surprise as Seigyo changed her grip on her spear then arched back to throw it as Kulrik. Kulrik was too close and didn't have enough time to move to the side. Instead, he jumped up, flattening his body so it was parallel with the ground.

The spear grazed the armour on Kulrik's chest, the First Son having just managed to escape bodily harm. While still moving upwards Kulrik focused and activated his Kanohi.

Kulrik froze in midair. Then he flew forward at Seigyo, his rapier leading the charge at the weaponless Herupa.

Edited by Toa Fanixe

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC (Kore, The Wards, Sado): That was no choice at all, of course. Soraph might as well have just given her orders without needing to ask the question.

"I will do as you say, my Lady" she said. "Where would you like me to begin?" She spoke out loud to avoid further contact with the Willhammer's power, and so had to be careful about her choice of words. The intent was clear enough though - who do you want me to spy on?

IC (Tapui, Arohi School, Sado): Now the description was ringing a bell, and Tapui was starting to make connections in her mind. She had heard a few of the older students talk about the wannabe Eiyu who was always making trouble for herself and, like many members of her clan had throughout the ages, thought too highly of herself and too lowly of authority. Sokuratesu seemed to match those traits so far, but Tapui felt obligated to give her a chance. Maybe she really was a brilliant menti and future leader, and other students were only disparaging out of jealousy.

"Yes, that's bit bit more familiar" she laughed and picked up a sparring weapon. "Let's see if your skills are as sharp as your tongue's reputation". She took a ready stance and waited for Sokuratesu to begin.

IC (Tara, Mount Koshiki, Odaiba): "Yeah..." Tara agreed, looking out over the land as well. Next to that, there wasn't much more to say. "Magnificent. Anyway, if you do see any, could you let me know? We reintroduced small population from Oki last summer, and we're hoping they'll breed. The little things used to be common as dirt around here, but then they all died out just a few hundred years ago."

ppg2.png

IC:

"Nowhere particularly, not yet at least" Soraph told the dishonoured Dasaka. "Continue your duties as normal and keep a watch out for anything interesting or unusual. Meet me in two weeks in the Gardens, but do not speak with your mouth. I will talk to you in your mind, where no one else can hear. Now, I've got to be going. Good luck!" Soraph said with a wide, happy smile before walking off into the shadowy hallway.

:Remember, Kore, this is an opportunity for both of us. I hope you're as excited as I am:

Truthfully, Soraph didn't trust Kore. She was a Fursic, perhaps dishonoured, but still a Fursic. As such it was impossible to suspect what scheme Kore had planned, or if she had in fact been thrown out of her clan. For all Soraph knew, Kore was a murderer and had added the Vilda to her list. A little doubtful, but possible nonetheless.

Still, having an agent in the shadows was a useful asset that Soraph couldn't pass up. She would have to be careful not to let Kore grow too close - even if the janitor served her now, Kore could still betray her in the future - but otherwise, Soraph believed that she would be able to rein in the disgraced Fursic. The Vilda were, after all, renown for their Willhammers.

A short while later...

Soraph spent the rest of the day in the Gardens, caring for a pair of animals with the flu and pruning the countless rare tree specimens. It was monotonous, but Soraph enjoyed the aesthetic beauty that surrounded her and filled her mind. Unfortunately, that afternoon a certain First Son annoyingly kept invading her thoughts.

He wasn't the first male to try to court her, and Soraph highly doubted he would be the last. Men were drawn to her to like moths to flame, although Soraph could hardly blame them. Soraph beauty was the result of millennia of breeding, unsurpassed in the Empire. Even women were known to stare in amazement as Soraph crossed their paths for the first time. It was easy to understand why men chased after her, especially since they were often forced into relationships with, well, ugly women of power. At times, the attention of brutish and undignified men grew irksome.

Although, Koga wasn't brutish or undignified. Soraph admitted to herself that the Daikura was't even unattractive. His deep green eyes reminded Soraph remarkably of the ocean, though she couldn't quite tell why, and his armour hid what Soraph suspected was an athletic body. And of course, he was a First Son - not the only one that had taken an interest in her, but it still made him stand out from the rest of the ignoble pile. That fact alone made him quite a catch, and his mind was equally a wonder. Soraph's conversation with Koga had been one of the first times since her arrival on Sado she had actually been mentally stimulated, conscious thought required to reply to Koga's queries and answers.

The night would be most interesting indeed.

Later that night....

A bird flew high in the sky, its' eyes carefully watching the ground below. It soared for half an hour until it spotted what it was looking for. It swooped down, slowly when it approached a veranda on Sado that overlooked the rolling dark sea. It landed on the rail, cocking its head back and forth as it looked at the veranda's setup. Koga was there, sitting at a candlelit table for two. He had a glass of water in his hand, his gaze focused on the avian arrival. The bird hopped forward onto the wooden panels below.

A diminutive Soraph unwrapped her hands from the Sakl's neck, leaping to the ground with grace befitting a Toroshu. She activated her Kaonhi, returning to her normal size in a matter of moments. She wore an elegant white dress, bordered in a thread golden in colour and the red image of Vilda's seal on the back. The dress accentuated her female form, blowing behind her in the gentle breeze. Soraph didn't wait for Koga - she took her seat opposite the First Prince.

"I hope I didn't keep you waiting, First Son Koga. My work in the Gardens took longer than I expected" Soraph said. Which was true, although she'd also spent a great deal of time shopping for the exquisite dress she now wore.

She gazed into Koga's eyes, biting her lip.

:What's on the menu?:

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

OOC: Well, I guess we're back to the post sizes of yore, Fanixe. I like it. :3 IC: Daikura KogaThe cushions were thick and raised on small stands to better match the height of the table. soft lightstone illumination hung from portable lantern stands in the background, the blue candles flickering with similar fire closer to the meal. A smile broke the silence of his mask at Soraph's arrival. Koga waved a presenter's hand across the ensemble of dishes laden with festoons of fruit, cones of soft cheese, fish from the silver ocean, and delicacies selected from across the archipelago. His arm found its place at the table's edge and the glass returned to his lips.

:Only what is fit for a princess of the sea.: Koga took a closer look at the finery Soraph had dressed in. The needlepoint and golden thread moved like a wave across the white of her dress, as if she were the deepest ocean gowned in sea foam. He lingered on the cut of the dress, the supple fabric. New. Turning to properly face the table, rather than the open world ever expanding into the vastness of the moonlit ocean, he reached forward and poured some of the water into a crystal glass similar to his own. :A wise scholar once told me a flower is only as good as her petals. As a caretaker of flowers, what are your thoughts?:

Done, his hand retreated to his lap, the other taking in the scent of rose from his glass.

OOC: Oh yes, enjoy the rosewater.

Edited by Kughii

IC Sokuratesu"... This is a weight room. We can't spar here." Picking up a sparring weapon of her own (a short staff), she began walking out of the room. "There should be a sparring chamber available; today isn't a very busy day."

IC (Tapui, Arohi Schol, Sado): "Why couldn't we spar here?" Tapui asked as Sokuratesu tried to leave. She stayed firmly in the middle of the room, still ready to being their contest. "There's no rule forbidding it, and isn't Nakane always talking about how the best Menti can always find way to use their surroundings to their advantage? Being a good warrior is more than strength or skills, it's about adaptability to new situations and challenges. Surely you can't be so new to the school you haven't heard that lesson being taught."

OOC: Nakane is (going to be) one of the teachers at the school, and played by Zeal.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

OOC: Ankora is a Datsue, Norik

Avoiding formating for now due to BBCode

IC: Ankora (Odaiba)

Ankora soon noticed the Menti warrior before her, taking a moment to regard the object of her attention. A multicolored, feathered strata froclicking with its next of kin in the nest, she smiled.

"Greetings, Menti" she said, and walked up to the Dasaka.

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: ReikoReiko turned at the voice.A short Datsue with deep blue armour that was slightly golden had stopped behind Reiko. She wore a simple green cloak. Reiko recognised the brooch holding the cloak up as the symbol for Clan Eiyu.Reiko bowed deeply, almost tripping over her cloak."Greetings, Elder. Was I obstructing your path?" Reiko asked, worried she had tarnished her reputation. Since she was pretty much the only Daikura on Odaiba on a long-term basis, the Datsue might even know who she was.

OOC: Including clan name from now on

IC: Eiyu Ankora (Odaiba)

Ankora herself had quickly noticed the metal brooch holding up the Dasaka's robe. This was none other than the guardian of the Daikura's ancestral grounds; the Tarakona Palace.

This revelation made what Ankora was about to do all the more satisfying.

"Were you obstructing my path?" she asked, looking almost completely absent from the material realm, "that is indeed a very interesting conundrum"

"You see," she continued as she began to gesture with her cane, wildly at that, "In my pursuits of knowledge, I've rarely touched upon the proper dimension of this obstruction you speak of"

"It is a fickle thing to pin down. If, say, you were for example actively keeping me from continuing upon this path, you would more than likely be blocking my path rather than obstructing it. But if you were a small critter you would be of practically no hindrance whatsoever, I could easily remove you from my path without offering you a second thought"

Ankora waved her cane frightfully close to Reiko's face as she continued.

"In all of these scenarios, something is keeping me from continuing upon this path. It's an interesting process to weigh them against each other and extrapolate them as is befitting of me as an Eiyu."

"For the sake of argument, let's say you were indeed blocking my path, would that be an obstruction? My personal reasoning leads me to conlude that, yes, it would. You would be excercising an obstruction of my authority and of the respect that is granted to me as a Holy Woman. Which is in an of itself another from of obstruction. How can I be considered holy beside the Great Zuto Nui?"

As Ankora's rambling grew increasingly incoherent and pointless, her gestures with the cane grew increasingly erratic and sweeping

"That leads me to think of this rather amusing story. I trust you wish to hear it?" Ankora didn't wait for an answer, but continued to talk

"There was once a rich and influential Dashi who was unhappy, but she couldn't understand why. She was healthy, she had a family, she had friends, she was respected, she had all the material wealth she needed or wanted, but she was still unhappy. She sought out the wisest teachers in the Empire, but none of them could explain to her why she was unhappy. Then she was told of a wise Datsue who lived on the other side of Kentoku, it was said that this holy woman could answer any question. So the Dashi went to see the Datsue, and found her on top of one of Kentoku's tallest mountains. She was a thin, sickly old woman, dressed in rags, and with a Kanohi so worn and ruined it looked like a Kanohi Dragon's broken scale."

"O wise one," The Dashi asked, "is is true that you can answer all questions?"

"They say so" the Datsue answered"

"If you are so wise," the Dashi asked "then why in Zuto Nui's name do you live all by yourself on top of a mountain?"

"The Wise One didn't have an answer to that, so now they were both unhappy"

"That story," Ankora continued, "is something I made up, but it still demonstrates my point. By telling it, I obstructed my own lecture about obstruction. But let us not go about that any more."

Ankora let her cane settle beside her again as she looked at Reiko with a gentle smirk

"Yes, I guess technically you are obstructing my path, but I don't bother too much with that sort of thing, as long as you're willing to move and let me pass, I'll be perfectly fine"

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: ReikoAlthough Reiko was a relatively sharp young lady, her head started to whirl at the Datsue's-pardon- inane ramblings. She spoke the first coherent thing she thought off:"So was I or was I not obstructing your path? I was blocking your path, but suppose I were to move aside, I would not have obstructed you path-physical or otherwise. Yet you are here explaining the difficulties of contrasting different obstruction-physical or oherwise- and I assume that obstructs your journey to wherever it is you are headed, unless you were heading to anywhere that allowed you to teach a young Dasaka like myself."Reiko took a deep breath."That is to say, you lectured on your own accord. Thus, didn't you instruct your path, unless my presence incited you to obstruct yourself. Does that, then, make me the obstructer, blocker, or both? Unless of course, your path was to someone whom youbcould teach, in which, I have helped rather than obstructed you."It dawned on Reiko that she may have been disrespectful."Apologies, wise one. Please continue," Reiko said as she moved aside and bowed.

IC: Eiyu Ankora (Odaiba)

"Well done, young Menti," Ankora replied with a nod of approval, "few are those that can muster up a proper response to my musings in such a manner"

"The only problem with your response as that you actually took what I said seriously. I wasn't trying to be serious, in any sense of the word"

"You may argue that my status as an elder requires that you lend weight to my words, and that is true, but somebody my age is entitled to ramble, darnit"

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Reiko- Mount Koshiki- OdaibaNow Reiko was lost for words. A Datsue talking so informally?"Yes, certainly. I was caught up in the ramble too," Reiko nodded.IC: Akone- The Yards- SadoAkone looked up from her stretching exercises.Hm. Claws."Yup, I am," Akone said. She straightened her mask and unsheathed her Naginata's blade. The blade guard dropped onto the ground.Akone bowed as a formality. Aki followed.Akone looked up and held the Glaive at the ready position. She circled her opponent.OOC: Combat begins!

Edited by Norik Of Gielinor

IC Sokuratesu"... I don't wanna get charged for property damage. It's not a matter of a rule; it's common sense.""But if you say so..." Sokuratesu entered into her signature stance: while her arms were occupied holding the staff, her feet were still in her signature posture; one foot ready to jump off the ground, the other firmly planted. "Will this be solely a physical duel, or are Menti disciplines and Kanohi.up for use?"

IC | And so the fight began. Akimatai crouched down, looking for an opening in Akone's guard, while assuming a defensive posture herself. She found none, so she went on a fully defensive stance, ready to counter any attack done with a spear.

I wonder what her soulsword weapon is...

Morally unambiguous.

IC:

Soraph didn't answer right away, instead taking a long and meaningful sip from her glass. She smelled the delightful fragrance of roses in the water, a detail Soraph knew Koga had seen to personally. When Soraph finally put the glass back on the table she smiled knowingly at the Daikura First Son.

:I think that if that is what a 'wise' man says, then I thank Zuto-Nui for entrusting the leadership of the Dasaka to women. Flowers are so much more than just their petals. Flowers live and breathe, they transform the sun's rays into the purest forms of energy and they provide food for insects. They are an integral part of the web of life, and therein is a flower's true beauty. Most Dasaka will never be able to appreciate flowers' veiled splendour, so those of that can must treasure that knowledge.

:So you see, a flower is simply good, regardless of the quality of its' foliage. A rose's petals is but a tool it uses to attract bees to guarantee pollination, its' own reproduction. It is a powerful tool, but a tool nonetheless.:

Soraph looked around the veranda, shadows dancing around the candlelight. Flowers of every kind and colour, crawling vines and plants had been intertwined around the architecture, creating a backdrop that was more reminiscent of the natural beauty of Oki than the manufactured crystal Palace. Koga had obviously taken great effort to turn the scene into a location whose elegance rivalled the Gardens themselves.

​:Of course, as we all know, it's also gratifying to admire such an effortless display of Power.:

The Vilda woman plucked a small fruit off a platter on the table, biting into the smooth exterior and sucking on the savoury juices within. It was delicious, recently picked and perfectly ripe. Soraph had not doubt the rest of the food was equally flavourful, the appearance of each item as appetizing as the next.

:Daikura Koga, how is it you acquired such exquisite tastes? I can hardly believe it is part of the formal education of a First Son:

His sword deflected, Kulrik twisted his body and Seigyo's Soulsword missed the First Son. Kulrik continued flying forward however, crashing into Seigyo and sending the both of them hurtling through the air toward the stream of water on whose banks they'd begun their fight.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Daikura KogaAs if on cue a large stack of crystal books landed in the psionic plane, their appearance daunting even without physical form, bound in strong frames ornately crusted in precious metals. Soraph could, if she took a moment to ignore the world around her, hear the whispers of information contained within their resonant crystal cores. Most had the audible groan of ancient authors, their instructive tones less than melodic.

:You'd be surprised what I've had to study as a first son,: Koga replied, letting the books vanish individually as he rattled off a subject, :military histories, sciences, music and art, literature, political and genealogical trees, treatises on proper marriage and pillow etiquette, and then an entire school of mental disciplines and their philosophies and doctrines. The life first sons lead is rather bookish in the beginning, especially as a Daikura, but all life needs time to germinate, if only on an educational level.: He paused to select a succulent piece of fish with the serving utensils, nearly paper thin and semi translucent in the candlelight, and added it to the slowly to the small dish at his place setting, the varieties of bites growing quickly with conversation. He nodded, satisfied with his selections then picked up a thin pair of golden chopsticks, round and pointed. :I believe some of these finer points I may have acquired with, shall we say, life experience.

He slipped the piece of maguro fish into his mouth, savoring the thin texture and piquant dipping sauce, the finite aroma of charcoal from its cooking, and the mild warmth so pleasing in the soft breeze of chill air. The wind tickled his shawl, tugging the black fabric playfully as his eyes danced behind his rau.

:In the end, a formal education makes no matter. I only have simple expectations for things in my life: the best.:

Edited by Kughii

IC: Somewhere near the main village of the Eiyu ClanCRACKOBLAMThe sound of Rano's Soulsword colliding with her makeshift dummy rang throughout her small, self-prepared training area. As her weapon faded back to mental energy, she wiped wet, sticky drops of perspiration from her brow. She knew no one who trained as diligently (or as often) as herself in the Eiyu clan. In fact, she hardly knew of anyone in their sliver of Odaiba who spent more time channeling agressive forces than reading manuscripts from the library. Even stranger, her preoccupation with combat training was not for lack of reading material. In reality, the Shibai line had a long history, all committed to record in a large set of volumes titled "SHIBAI: DIVINE GODDESSES" (her ancestors were a rascally lot) and as such she was never in want for a good, long, egregiously conceited read. Really, it was various parts of their checkered (speckled, bejeweled, criss-crossed and tossed in a vat of sparkles'd) past that caused her issues. But that's not really relevant. The particular shape she had chosen to mold her Soulsword in, however, was relevant. It had been this way sense the dawn of her powers, when she had been taken in for training. Of course, she had spent a lot of time deciding how to manifest her psychophysical energy, and when the thought came to her, she had recognized it's brilliance immediately and knew it was the only Soulsword she was ever destined to have. It was only correct- the girl living under the shadow of her family's shame ought to have sonething symbolic, as she did.In her hand, as she struggled through mental fatigue to summon her weapon, was the flickering visage of a pitchfork.Alas, no use. She had trained too hard for now. It was better to rest before getting back at it. A little thought nagged at her brain. Would her Soulsword abilities ever truly be seen as legendary, even remarkable? Could she ever redeem the Shibai name? Or was the Soulsword discipline destined to fall into obscurity, with powers of legend being nonobtainable? Doubling back towards the main village, she considered the Willhammers. Cunning and commanding. Able to force their desires on others. And she considered the Sighteyes. Incredibly intelligent, capable of the greatest facades. The Mindarms. Those with psychophysical power opposite of hers. And as she considered each, she realized that one would never be enough.She would become a legend. She would master all four.OOC: Open for interaction. I'm gonna need a team at some point, so walk right up :P

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:

:Of course you do; I could only assume that is why you asked me to join you for dinner:

Soraph singled out a few choice pieces of fish, placing the bright, filmy thin strips on her plate. Beside them she placed small wedges of cheese two more of the fruit she'd tasted minutes before. She began eating, dipping the fish in a salty liquid before reveling in the plethora of flavours that assaulted her tongue. She usually dined on simpler fare, not because she couldn't afford fine gastronomical foods, but so that these rare instances of luxury remained luxurious, rather than becoming worn out and vapid. Soraph smacked her lips, clearing her palate with rosewater before moving on to a piece of cheese, then back to the fish.

:So you say you expect only the best in your life, but I wonder...Do you only long for it, or have you already reached out and seized some of the best of life?

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC:

"I find it most interesting that you pick a pitchfork as your soulsword," A resonating voice said from behind Rano, and when she turned about she was surprised to find that a giant had seemingly snuck up behind her. Not just any giant, by it's appearance and body language, the giant was a member of the Menti class, emblazoned with the symbol of Clan Herupa, and interestingly enough, male. That was only a tip of the spear, as under his crystal armor, Rano could see his skin, a most unusual color for a Dasaka to have.

It was red.

"Very few seem to bother with polearms outside of my clan," The giant said, gesturing at the massive spear in his right hand, "And it's always interesting to come across another soulsword user who specializes in such weaponry."

Standing back up, Seigyo made no move to wipe her eyes, instead relying on her Kanohi to tell her where Kulrik was as she dashed forward, reaching out with her spear.

IC: Daikura Koga

He leaned back, thinking within the safe zone of his ember, rejected thoughts purged with puffs of fire. ​Soraph was sure of her position, commanding a sense of power despite her family history. He recalled the genealogy of the Vilda from his time in the Imperial Library earlier in the afternoon, rushing down the stems and branches of beautiful menti within his thoughts until finding her name blazed under a tenuous family dynamic. Once placed in perspective, the puzzle pieces of her manners made sense: Soraph was an exiled princess. Why?

:I find seizing something only makes it flee faster. Yes, I expect the best, but that doesn't mean I cling desperately to a false hope of permanence. We cannot truly own anything, and the passing of history shows nothing is permanent except the Pillars and Zuto-Nui.: He returned to his meal in fleeting bites, a shadow falling across his brow. :I've certainly taken a fair share of joy, if that's what you're asking... Tell me about Oki. What is the island like?:

IC: Noshima

"It is unnecessary to fret."

IC: Kamari
"Then I will set aside my worries about the court," Kamari said with a happy heart, her troubles vanishing with the words of her lord and master.
Edited by Kughii