BZPRPG - Kentoku Archipelago

Nuju Metru

IC: Ankora (Odaiba-Sado Bridge)

"I am well, Menti of the Umbraline" Ankora replied with a polite nod from where she still sat on the bench.

"Though, may I ask what business you have in the realm of the Eiyu? Maybe I can be of assistance"

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

When her name was given, Sato did, definitely, cock her head off to the side with both curiosity and surprise. She wasn't a rather popular Dasaka, nor did she go out and try to be social - how would this other Dasaka recognize her? Sato wracked her brain, trying to figure out the answer - she hadn't seen this other person particularly much before, she thought - before it slowly came to her. Some people, even if their appearances change, can't quite change their manner or the way they hold themselves, and memories of numerous quickly broken up scuffles came to Sato as she smiled warmly at the girl before her.

"Sinshi, how many times have I told you that you don't need to bow to me?" Sato asked playfully of the Menti before her. "We may as well be sisters, regardless of our different families. There's no need for such formality between us."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: Director, the Eiyu don't control the bridges. :P

IC:"I'm afraid, Sato, that you say one thing, and society dictates another." The Dasaka replied, straighting, and returning her lenses to a pocket in her robes. She wasn't ready anymore, so really, they were doing no good. "Formality is a necessity when addressing someone with a station above my own.""Which means I spend much of my time accumulating dust upon my clothes, but that's neither here nor there."

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: Maybe not, but I think it's fair to assume they're walking in that direction.

"I must admit, there are many times I have thanked the great Zuto Nui for finally freeing me from the constant demands of society" Ankora admitted as she finally got up supporting herself with her cane as she came closer to the group.

"But tell me now, Sato, Sanei. What brings you to Odaiba? Do you have business with my clan?"

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: As it were, they're walking from Odaiba to Sado.

IC: Sanei - Odaiba-Sado Bridge

Sanei was somewhat surprised that the Datsue knew her name. She wasn't a terribly important person within her clan, after all.

So, this person must be very knowledgeable. Judging by her robe, she was from clan Eiyu, so that made sense. She appeared to be of high rank... let's see, a very intelligent, high-ranking Datsue of Clan Eiyu....

With another bow, she said, "I assume I am addressing Ankora of Clan Eiyu? I'm afraid that we don't have business with your clan; you see, my bodyguard Eshai and I were returning to Sado when we had the good fortune to run into Sato, who is also returning to the Imperial Palace."

"That would indeed be me. Eiyu Scholar, Philosopher and High Dean at your service, young Menti" Ankora replied with a slight bow.

"So am I correct in assuming that it is our dear Rora you have business with, or are you merely attending to your duties as is befitting of you?" Ankora asked.

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"I cannot speak for Sato, but I am merely returning to my duties." Sanei smiled. "My family insisted that I take a vacation, but after a few days I decided to cut it short. I found no peace in wasting time."

"The trip was not wasted, however," she said, nodding to Eshai. "Eshai here entered my service recently and has proven to be quite able."

OOC the profile should be in my profile post. Try searching another of my characters, like say Turo or MerlaIC SokuratesuThe Menti warrior smiled at the artisan. "What brings you here today-oh, I should ask for your name first. I am Sokuratesu Fursic and you are..."

Edited by Man of Miracles

IC: Eshai

She remained silently standing behind Sanei, her fierce appearance only added to by her lack of motion. She didn't recognize the individuals before her outside of Sanei and Sato, but they certainly seemed important. Their names were not ones she was aware of hearing before, though she had not really been within audible range of the higher ups for quite a long time now. The eyes behind her demonic mask glanced over their surroundings, taking in anything that may prove useful if these people were less than trustworthy.

She didn't want to accuse them of being dangerous, but when one was hired to guard another, everyone had the potential of being dangerous.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: Yeah, I found it. Thanks so much. :)

IC: Kwaiya

"Kwaiya of Eiyu." She bowed once more from the waist, head straight and eyes staring at the crystal road. Creeping vines formed an elegantly complex pattern beneath the translucent protodermis, getting their air from Zuto-Nui knew where. When she looked back, her eyes avoided direct contact with the menti's, instead focusing on the prickly armor the warrior chose to wear. It spoke for her personality, Kwaiya was sure.

"I have no work today, Menti. I decided to watch a match of Paero, or a gladiator contest, but the crowds are too much for me today." As she spoke, one of her feet scuffed the roadway absently.

IC:A slight smile crossed Sinshi's face, subtly tugging the corners of her mouth upwards to reflect her amusement. "I'm afraid that while you might be glad to have my position, I wouldn't know what to do with yours. My place is my place, and there is little I can do about that fact.""And yes, I do know that you hate it. In addition to bring socially mandatory, a bow has the other benefit of annoying you to no end."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC Sokuratesu"Paero, huh... " Sokuratesu didn't get the point of gladiatorial matches. She viewed them as unnecessary violence. Paero was a different matter, however. "Yeah, today does seem quite busy. Are there any big events today?"

OOC: Sorry, Nanowrimo is eating my attention lately, so I'm not focusing as much on this game as I would otherwise when posting.

"Yes Menti, there are many fine matches in the summer weather." Kwaiya dipped her head in a small and polite, yet nervous, bow while answering. Seeing the next question on Sokuratesu's pale blue lips, Kwaiya saved her the breath of asking. "I don't do well with large crowds. I am a librarian, and used to being surrounding by books instead of jostling sisters."

Her hand wrapped around long flax handle of her satchel, tight fingers squirming to be out of Sokuratesu's superior gaze. The thought of books, beautiful and silent, washed through her mind. She was in an alcove deep below the Towers of Knowledge where books were rebound. Some had priceless gold and silver wire to tied their pages, others plain hide from the herds of shika, their soft brown pelts making excellent bookbinding while their hooves could easily be turned into an adhesive paste. Kwaiya saw her work from the flicker of a dimming lightstone, fire being prohibited in the libraries. They had been gutted by flame in the past, leaving a charred black scar behind some bookshelves the ringti librarians could never fully clean. It was like the silver scars lacing a warrior: battle wounds testament to strength and survival.

She came back to the present.

"Uh... um... I am sorry for taking up so much of your time Menti," Kwaiya squeaked, then bowed deeply before scuttling off toward her sanctuary.

"I cannot speak for Sato, but I am merely returning to my duties." Sanei smiled.

"My family insisted that I take a vacation, but after a few days I decided to cut it short. I found no peace in wasting time."

"The trip was not wasted, however," she said, nodding to Eshai. "Eshai here entered my service recently and has proven to be quite able."

"It seems rather odd for you to have a bodyguard, Sanei" Ankora pointed out.

"I fail to recall any good reasons why someone would want you dead, which would be a shame"

"Still, better safe than sorry, I suppose"

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"You don't have to try and aggravate me!" Sato exclaimed, her words annoyed, though to Sinshi, it was obvious that she was both joking and smiling. And then Sato heard Sanei speaking to Ankora, and decided to speak to Sinshi in such a way that she wouldn't be heard. Closing her mind off to the others, she started to ideatalk with the other Dasaka just in front of her.

"It's my secret suspicion that she keeps Eshai around because she thinks it makes her look good, having an attendant and ordering her around."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:"I'm sure you do a good enough job with that on your own, milady.":. Somehow, I'm inclined to agree. Though truthfully, I find it unfortunate that those higher in the clan hire their own bodyguards. Ah, well. Benefits of being influential, I suppose.:

fK5oqYf.jpg

Freed of the crowds, Kwaiya found herself at the door to her home. It was a small apartment, but well furnished for one of her caste. Removing the key from her satchel she let herself in, the door sliding closed with a click of the lock. Here she could be at peace enjoying the freedom of a picture window while working on her latest project, a family lineage of the Umbralines commissioned by a middle tier clanswoman. They had paid handsomely, and the spools of fine metal wires laid where Kwaiya had left them by the binding table early that morning. She placed a fresh heatstone in the sunken brazier of her living room and fetched water from the communal tap down the hall. As she hauled her full bucket back down the hall, she thought of a line for a poem:

A cup of tea and a view of the sea: tranquility in the silence of oneness...

She didn't really know how to respond to that. She was already getting payed enough for what she needed, and her job really didn't leave a lot of open room for anything else, any more money wouldn't have any real use to her right now, it would merely start building up with no purpose. It would certainly be nice to have, and possibly something worth thinking about. But she was better off just sticking with a steady paying job, and if her pay got too high, it might cause Sanei to become unable or unwilling to pay the rate and fire her.

"My current pay is more than good enough, I do not have any need for more."

Edited by Nocturne Auteur

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

"I'm sorry if I am not always clear enough. I don't have any need for money, because this job holds no place for luxuries. The money to survive is all that I require, which you have been move than generous in providing. ... Is there anything else that I have done or said that has caused you any confusion?"

She really didn't want to explain herself any more than she needed to, but if it lead to some confusion in her employer, it may very well end up coming off quite differently than she had intended. Something as single as a misunderstanding could prove far more harmful than a direct insult ever could. It was best to be careful.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Sanei - Odaiba/Sado Bridge

Now Sanei was fighting to keep a small smile off of her face. Eshai didn't seem to quite get it.

"No, it's just.... you refuse money, you insist on silence, and you accept the way you're treated without so much as blinking. I suppose what I really don't get is how you put up with it. I know I'd find it very difficult to go from the status of a Menti warrior to that of an individual without a clan."

"When one is brought down to nothing, they very quickly learn their place. Otherwise, you will find that having such a demeanor causes those who stand above you, even those of the classes once far below you, to find any reason they can to break whatever pride you may have remaining."

She explained with the same cold calmness of her mind that covered her face beneath the demonic mask.

Edited by Nocturne Auteur

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Sanei - Odaiba/Sado Bridge

".... I see," Sanei replied, though she really didn't. Vainly, she believed that should ever an event like that happen to the Umbraline (Zuto-Nui forbid), she would still hold her head high.

"So... if you don't live for money, and you don't live to return glory to your clan... then what do you live for, Eshai?"

"I live to continue living. There is nothing more left for me, and yet I do not have the courage to merely end this empty continuation."

She really had no reason to move onward, no real purpose to her life outside of just continuing to live it and deal with whatever challenges it placed before her. There was no clan to return glory to, no path to redemption that she could follow, she merely took each day is it came.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: Taking a page from Snoip > Suggested Soundtrack:

IC:

The sun was approaching noon, as a sleek shadow quietly crossed over the glittering waves off of the coast of Odaiba, its tail lazily drifting from right to left, while the rest remained perfectly motionless as the creature causing it let the updraft carry it across the sea. Suspended by mighty wings, the Kanohi Dragon flew in a large arc, following the outline of the reef, right where the corals gave way and the ground dropped away to a sandy bottom, much deeper below the surface.A low growl escaped the airborne reptile, its eyes firmly fixed on the water below. This was its hunting-ground. At this time of the day the sun was high enough that the light managed to pierce deeply into the blue, without bothersome reflections obstructing sight. Ideal conditions for a predator out for big game.Today though, there was no game to be had, it seemed. Aside from a shimmering ship cutting through the azure water some distance away from the island, there was nothing of interest to the large dragon. With an annoyed roar it banked, propelling itself westward, unaware that the call had attracted the attention of others.

Down below, the sleek ship continued on its way; the large, elegant trimaran catching the sun along the edges of the layer of crystalline armor encasing the wooden hull in a protective layer. If one had to sum up the vessel in one word, sharp would be an ideal choice. From the lines of the hull, the angled bow, to the white close-hauled sails, blown taught by a firm breeze, to the way its crew moved, everything seemed to be done to maintain that sharpness. Figures were climbing up and down the rigging, moving across decks with purpose, until the roar from above reached their ears. It was enough to startle the Dashi and Saihoko up by the sails, but not enough to break the rhythm of their coordinated movements. Only those not assigned to carry out an immediate task stopped to look skywards, among them two Dashi standing abreast at the taffrail, one diverting her attention away from the line of the log in her hand, dropping down from the stern and into the water. Her shipmate held a hand over her eyes, shielding them from the sun as she watched the dragon fly overhead.

“What do you think? How big was it?”

“70 feet. Easily.”

“Zuto preserve us…” the other muttered, watching as the dragon turned away, getting smaller in the distance.

“That’s a small corvette in length. Do you think it’d ever attack us?”

The Dashi glanced at her companion, both momentarily too focused on the spot in the sky where the dragon had been to notice the larger figure that had approached them from behind.

“The dragons have learned long ago that it is unwise to attack an enemy without first assuring one’s own chances of success or at least a high enough reward to take such a risk, Suihei.” she said. The two Dashi stiffened and turned around quickly, saluting in unison and greeting her. “Commodore!”

“A wise lesson for any being capable of intelligent thought to consider.”

“Yes ma’am.”

The Dasaka standing behind them was a Menti, athletic in build and steadfast in her posture. She had her arms crossed behind her back, feet slightly apart and her back perfectly straight. Her grey eyes were looking past over the two Dashi, fixed on the point in the sky where the dragon had disappeared, before turning them towards the sailors. “Anything else to report?”

“We’re making good speed, Commodore, ten knots with this current.” the shorter Dashi replied instantly. The Commodore allowed herself the hint of a smile, satisfied. “Very good. We will have rounded Odaiba within two hours and shall reach Sado by the end of afternoon watch. Carry on.”

“Aye ma’am!”

Wordless, the Menti turned around and strode across the deck, her uniform’s cloak billowing out behind her, until she came to the ship’s wheel. “Helm, we will follow the reef until we a clear of the shallows. Once Sado is in sight, set a new course: northwest by north.” “Northwest by north, aye ma’am.” the Dashi confirmed the order.

Ayiwah nodded and descended the few steps leading down to the main-deck, making sure to pass crew members without interfering with their work. A pair of Saihoko passed her, each giving a quick bow of the head in lieu of a salute, as they were carrying a bundled up length of worn-out line that had been replaced. The crew had been tasked all morning to go over the ship and begin the process of replacing equipment. They were headed home, which on the one hand made the crew rather content, on the other hand it meant a very busy day of work for them - including all the officers. The first and second mate were currently busy managing the inventory of provisions and Ayiwah herself had quite a bit of work that needed to be done as well.

A return to port would most likely be coupled with new orders. They would have to be put into action as soon as possible and therefore she would have to take care of all necessary paperwork within the time remaining on the voyage. To that end, she took the passage leading below decks and headed for her cabin at the stern.She closed the door - a proper door, not a bulkhead - behind her after entering and headed for her desk. Compared to the other compartments on the ship, except for the galley, the room was quite spacey. A board was mounted on one side of the room, nautical and star charts for navigation pinned to it. Across from it stood another table with elegant chairs, specially for holding meetings with the command-crew. Behind the crystal desk was a set of shelves with small, decorative carvings of sea-creatures. The light falling through the portholes was scattered by the crystal, defusing it and creating a soft pattern against the overhead. Ayiwah slipped into her chair, retrieved an inkwell and quill from a drawer and took the first document from the pile. listening to the boatswain’s whistle call from outside and eager feet moving across the deck, knowing that she could focus all her attention on her immediate work.After a minute of quietly reading the resupply-request, Ayiwah dipped the quill into the ink, let an excess drop fall back into the well before signing off on the order:

ayiwah_signature.jpg

OOC: And so the Commodore has entered the game! And since signatures are not the most legible things, the ships name is the Yukanna.

Edited by Smaug the Terrible

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Noshima ~ Imperial Palace

The halls of the Palace are filled with the murmurs of the courtiers, spreading rumours and tall tales as they go along with their day-to-day business. Noshima usually ignores them, only bowing in respect to those who walk by as she traverses the building in her journey towards the chambers. It is impolite to eavesdrop on the conversations of others, after all - there may be secrets that should not be heard by others. If a secret was not meant for one's ears, it would usually be dishonorable to know of it.

It does not take long for the Toroshu to arrive at her chambers. She has completely memorised the route from the pearl gates of the palace to the room, including any alternate paths or short-cuts that she could take if she pleased. As usual, the room is empty, lacking in the warmth of anyone but her. In the youth of suns past, she remembers, her sisters had a single time shared residence in a chamber with her.

She still misses them and their warmth.

OOC: Noshima of Hogo is currently within her chambers. Anyone who wants to interact can wait outside the door.

IC: Hogo Kamari

Kamari leaned on the rail, a fair breeze tangy from the coral sea far below tugging the fabric of her uniform. Her fingers beat a soft pattern on the crystal surface, a tiny echo rippling from each contact. In her mind she heard the drums of war, the fanfare of menti running toward an honorable death. She saw her Toroshu valiantly carving a swath through Fursic revolutionaries, shimmering halberd swirling like a whirlwind; Noshima had been a dervish of death in a rain of silver blood.

"How fast times change," Kamari murmured and turned away from the balcony, eyes temporarily blinded from the change in light. She carried herself quietly back into the hallway, through the crystal arches of the Imperial Palace. All around courtiers shuffled past in elegant patterned garments, taking up more space in the ornately grown hallways than they really needed. The walls were segmented into panels of crystal. If Kamari looked closely she could expect to find tiny ripples of minerals forming artistically seeded tracery throughout the palace, but she did not look. Instead, her silver eyes followed her feet, head bowed against the tide of superior dasaka. She walked to the side of the hall, taking her place as a retainer on the bylines. Twisting and turning, the intricate complexes of the interior wards exposed themselves through large open windows where the light burst back through. She climbed sets of stairs, passed through a shrine to Zuto-Nui, and slipped behind a discrete idol to access a hidden passageway known by the Hogo. Within minutes she had found the chamber door of Toroshu Noshima. With a gentle tap, she slipped to her knees and waited at the side of the crystal frame.

"You must excuse me," Ankora said, "I have business to attend to with Toroshu Nihonei"

"Now, Sanei," she said before she left, "watch out for Kanohi Dragons, we don't want you to give Eshai a chance to earn her money's worth, now do we?"

The other Dasaka's facial expression told Ankora all she needed to know.

"What is it? Why the long Kanohi?" she asked, chuckling a little.

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Noshima

The quiet knock of somebody's fist on her chamber door wakes Noshima from her reverie. The Hogo Toroshu slowly rises from her kneeled position, turning around to face the entrance, hands tightly clasped behind her back. She can see the silhouette of somebody kneeling next to the door, awaiting her acknowledgement of her fellow Dasaka's presence. The lack of sound, other than the simple tap, instantly tells her who is present. Her right-hand had always been an incredibly respectful being.

"It would please me to see you enter this chamber, Kamari," says Noshima, her voice quietly melodic yet with an undercurrent of something else.

Being in her oldest friend's presence would be enjoyable for the Toroshu. There are few that she can truly open up to, and to be able to speak to someone who understands her will be a satisfying experience indeed.

Edited by Totally Prodigious Artist

The Toroshu of Clan Hogo watched patiently as the silhouette of her friend shifted behind the crystal doors. They slid open, revealing a navy blue and white dasaka with mysterious silver eyes, a kanohi huna, and the uniform of a menti archer. Slipping through the opening she had made, Kamari closed the sliding doors and turned back to her lord. There was a soft smile playing at the edge of her lips, but the daylight hours kept her reserved. Her smile was for the night.

Kamari bowed softly from her knees, hands forming a soft triangle on the floor in front of her. Afterward she rose to accompany Noshima on the woven mats laid in the center of the chamber. They were made from the rushes on Oki, picked and separated by length and sturdiness for mats or watercraft. Long, delicate rushes became the mats Kamari now stepped on, while the thicker and sturdier plants were woven into boats for simple excursions between islands. Kamari remembered the time she and Noshima had made a boat from the rushes. It had floated poorly, but supported their weight for a time. The happiness ended when the boat dissolved in the middle of a lake, leaving the two girls to swim to shore drenched but laughing. Noshima had never seemed to lose that sparkle in her golden eyes. Each time Kamari looked toward her Toroshu she saw the small girl swimming back from the center of the lake, laughing and splashing water back at Kamari. They had been simpler times.

"There is no unrest in the Court, though the same rumors still flutter about the Eastern Lands, Toroshu. Perhaps I could entertain you with a game of Stones?" Kamari spoke plain. Her memories came second to her job.

OOC: Hubert, Stones would be a reference to Go. XD

OOC: I really need to head back to China and force my grandpa to teach me that. Only capable of playing Xiangqi right now.

Noshima gave her friend a deep nod, gesturing towards the beautiful wooden goban that stood near the edge of her chambers. There was a thin layer of dust upon its surface, for it had been a while since somebody had played a game of Stones on the board. She would be definitely interested in testing her skill once more against Kamari; after all, they had yet to decide who was truly a better player of this elegant game of strategy and tactics.

"It would highly please me if you were to face me in this game," she said.

OOC: Do we want to play move by move, or general swathes of action? Go is a territory based game, and it seems more interesting in an RPG to me to play through the gist of the game rather than the specifics (which would bog down our characters for months). What are your thoughts?

"Then let us begin," Kamari replied with a smile, her rigid politeness slowly cast off like a chrysalis. Her bow leaning against a wooden beam– rare and exotic lumber from the jungles of Oki– the menti retainer brought the goban from its place in the shadows, brushing off the dust with a spare cloth before placing it and two carved crystal bowls in front of Noshima. Finding a cushion, though far thinner than her Toroshu's, Kamari placed herself as an opponent on the opposite end of the board. In the crystal bowls were polished crystal pieces, round and of two colors.

"White or black?" Kamari asked.

OOC: Okay, sounds good. It would be overly exhausting otherwise. I'd have to set up a real board. (*gasp* Kughii actually does that?!)

IC: Kamari

Kamari looked back at the crystal bowl Noshima had pulled from. Circular pieces of white crystals slid in to fill the hole made by Noshima's fist. How many had her toroshu taken? Kamari pondered the question briefly, then reached into the crystal bowl of black pieces, selected one with her middle three fingers, then placed it in the center of the board, the ring and pointer fingers moving aside as the middle pressed the black crystal silently onto the wooden surface.

"Kisuu-sen." The navy blue fingers returned to Kamari's lap as she awaited Noshima's judgement.

The Hogo Toroshu gently placed her stones onto the wooden board, two-by-two. They tapped against its surface with a soft *pachi*, their noise serving as the only disturbance in the silent chambers as the two players awaited the results. As the last stone left her hand, she studied the goban before her. Twelve pairs of stones: it was even.

She looked up at her friend, and gestured for Kamari to take the white stones.

IC: (Shivada/Imperial Palace)

The life of an Imperial Guardswoman was an often dull one. There wasn't much to do, aside from capture the occasional pickpocket, break up fights between Menti, and participate in ceremonial duties. But it was a position of honor, and that was all that mattered to Clan Datstana when she was given this role. Another step towards respect and legitimate status among the clans. At least it got her out of the endless stream of failed trading jobs.

She was in the markets, now, simply searching for something to do. Things however were peaceful, as they always were. Always. Vendors hawked their guards, a few odd-looking Taajars tried to sell glass buttons, and children kicked around a ball in a nearby ally. Food sizzled, food was put on shelves, pack animals grunted. And there she was, the Imperial Guard, striding about a symbol of the Rora's law.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur