BZPRPG - Kentoku Archipelago

Nuju Metru

IC: Higashi

"Lucky you," she growled, stepping fully out of the storehouse and onto the Yard. She cracked her knuckles, giving the other Dasaka a firm glare. "Maybe I'm not gonna be able to get ya arrested, but believe me, I'm gonna have fun beating ya up."

Bloody legal system, getting in the way of her liege's honour.

"So how's it gonna go?"

IC: (Kyoshi)

Long nights of training had toughened Kyoshi, and she had no qualms with simply absorbing the first jab in order to give her enough time to open her fist into a grab and catch the second, venturing to yank her opponent forward and aiming to swing a backhand into Higashi's jaw.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:

Kulrik stared daggers at Shuuan's back as she departed with the Eiyu Toroshu. Who did she think she was, acting like that towards him? As if the Vilda First Son would ever so much as shake hands with a woman that disrespectful, let alone that ugly... And blowing him a kiss? Kulrik almost laughed aloud. That would be as close as she would ever get. No, once they finished this quest (assuming she didn't betray them), Kulrik would be glad to never see the Plangori again.

He turned to Senavysh. Now, there was a female worthy of his attention.  And now that they would be alone doing research, it was the perfect opportunity to mix a little business with pleasure.

"That's a great idea. Best get to it, then" Kulrik said cheerfully.

The pair of Menti headed off towards the markets.

"So," he began with confidence and suave, "are all Taajar so beautiful, or just the Toroshu?"

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Chiyo

"Okay, what does this one do..." Taking a mask that looked like a Rau, Chiyo focused...

Wait.

Did the room suddenly get bigger or did I suddenly get smaller?

Probably the latter. Is this a Pehkui?

Why can't the mask makers decide on a fixed shape for this?

Chiyo started to walk out, but found that it was taking a very... Long... Time...

Um, okay... Do I... Like this...?

Chiyo was suddenly back to her normal height.

Gonna need more practice...

Chiyo walked out of the storeroom, watching Higashi and this new person spar.

I should take notes...

IC: Viitkha

Viitkha was of course, ready, even as she purposely, and rather obviously for one of her caliber, shifted her weight to her back foot.

IC: Ageru Tamachan (Mahuika Hall)

Tama was visibly panting, flustered by the realization that she'd done basically nothing to the Blademaster, and that stung. Her skills were one of the few things Tama could rely upon, so seeing them fail to stack up was... unwelcome, to put it mildly.

"Shape up, Menti, you can handle this"

She put her weapons extra close to her body and charged forward, aiming to give Viitkha an opening to use her hook blade against her scimitar...

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

With a sharp exhale, Kyoshi again took the hit (though this time it did a bit more damage) and pulled Higashi's head in, face leveled against her abdomen. While she had her opponent essentially blinded for a second she quickly reached for Higashi's shoulder and with all her strength pinched hard on the pressure point.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

OOC: Sena will be meeting Kulrik a little bit later, Fanixe...

IC: (Senavysh Angavur)

"I find it acceptable, Lord Inokio," Sena said. "What would you wish to discuss about my people?"

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: (Iolatra Angavur)

Iola quietly led the Toroshu out of the library, and into the other wing. The armory came before the barracks, and went back behind them quite a distance. There was everything stored within its racks. Mainly it was Taajar weaponry, Katar, Kris swords, cavalry scimitars and bows. But further down were large numbers of half-pikes, coated in a small layer of dust. The Taajar villagers were, nonetheless, expected to go to war if needed, or defend the village from attackers.

"We do not trade many Taajar weapons, except to our vassal clans who wish to buy them. Most weapons our artisans carve are of Imperial type, Katana, Naginata, Jian. All are made to last as long as possible, and hold a razor edge for years. For example, many weapons stored there saw action in the last Fursic rebellion, a few the one before. If you or your guard wish, take any weapon of Imperial design, as a token of good will. I think even there are some in yellow."

IC: Dastana Arsix

Arsix nodded, "I'd be happy to accept such a token," she began, "As I said before, the craftsmanship is very impressive. I've often wondered to myself what exactly Taajar clans do differently then smiths on Sado do that makes such a difference."

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

ooc: Sorry House, thought we were using BZtime to have Senavysh interact in the present (on Iki) and past (Sado). I guess we're not?

IC:

Kulrik looked around ahead of him, bombarded by merchants all peddling various devices and instruments made out of crystal.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

The kick landed, but Kyoshi went into the fall with purpose, absorbing the impact in her arms and swinging both her legs into get opponent's knees, aiming to sweep Higashi's own balance off and cause her to land face first on Kyoshi's waiting fist.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Ichi

"Yes. What about it?"

IC:

OOOOOOOOOOOH

MYYYYYYYYYYYY

"GODDESS!" Zyla blurted out, her massive smile quickly hidden by a pair of hands clamping over her mask. A blush of mortal embarrassment blossomed under her Kanohi, and it took a few very long and very uncomfortable moments before the Dashi had managed to regain some of her former composure, whereupon she could (reluctantly) disengage her hands from her mouth.

"You're the Ichi from that noodle house, aren't you?" she said in an almost conspiratorial whisper, leaning in awfully close to the other Saihoko. "My Goddess, y-you're like ... like ... famous! And a really good cook! I can't ... I can't believe I'm meeting you!"

There had been planetary hemispheres smaller than Zyla's grin right now.

-Void

• Upvote 2

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Sena will be meeting Kulrik a little bit later, Fanixe...

"I find it acceptable, Lord Inokio," Sena said. "What would you wish to discuss about my people?"

Ic: The battlemaster found Senavysh's understanding nature... eerily refreshing. Most nobles of that echelon would have raised bloody murder, demanding the rora make her appearance or risk fowling their fragile dignity, which in fact was just how they styled their egos. They often became flustered when their sovereign didn't make them her top priority, and oh how they squirmed. Senavysh, however, was either placidly humble or obliviously naive.

Either possibility held dangers. His diplomacy skills would be tried as he played off both possibilities. Where the is Yumiwa? he asked himself. He'd taught her better than that.

"Your Excellency," he addressed her, as toroshu were normally styled, "Yumiwa wants to gain understanding of your culture and its needs. It's her aim to keep our mutual connection strong, and she wants this to be as beneficial to both our factions as we can make it. I understand you're a relatively new addition to the Imperial political game, but understand that when you are dealing with Yumiwa and her Throne, you're talking to an administration that truly cares, so I personally urge you to be open. Is there anything that you feel our relationship... ah, lacks?"

• Upvote 1

IC (Kilanya)

Following her meeting with Chiyo, Kilanya had left her quarters at the top of Mahuika Hall and headed downstairs, with the intention of checking on Nachi, who was being tended to in one of the castle's spare rooms. As she walked along the corridor, however, she saw a familiar face turn the corner ahead of her.

The man was tall, with noble features that resembled Kilanya's (but, of course, masculine). His Kanohi was an Arthron, and he wore a short green cape over his left shoulder. He carried no weapon, but was clad in fine crystal armour. A Soulsword was never unarmed.

Catching sight of Kilanya, a smile broke out on his face and his pace quickened towards her. She did likewise.

This was Nalano, First Son of Clan Ageru, and Kilanya's elder brother. Besides being a skilled Menti, he was sharp-witted and a masterful diplomat, and thus spent most of his time as an envoy to the other Dasaka clans (when not building connections on Sado). He had just returned from one such diplomatic visit.

"Hello, sister!" he called. "It seems I've missed quite a bit of excitement."

Kilanya arched an eyebrow.

"Of course, you missed the Party, didn't you?"

"Oh, you know how the Taajar are," Nalano chuckled. "If I'd waltzed off to Sado in the middle of negotiations, we'd probably have lost the trade agreement—even if it was the Chojo herself calling."

As they reached each other, they clasped hands in a more formal greeting.

"It's good to have you back, brother," Kilanya said. "Mother Zuto, things are a mess in the Empire..."

"Don't worry," he assured her. "We'll have it all cleaned up soon enough. Anyway, I've been on the road all day, so I'll retire to my rooms and get some rest before Court convenes."

She nodded.

"I'll see you there."

The Toroshu and First Son went their separate ways.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

"Someone who lived a very long time ago, as far as I can tell." Kagesu answered, leaning against the wall once more. The Menti was quiet a moment, almost introspective to such a degree that Enali would have been afraid to interrupt her. The moment passed quickly, and the darkly armored Dasaka held her hand out for the younger Ageru to look at. 

"I'm weak, Enali. I don't mean that my will is lacking, or that my mind is feeble. I mean that my body is. Our society places emphasis on its honor, and that carries over into our combat. Duels, open assaults, directly offensive weapons. There are exceptions, of course, but these are the norms. And I couldn't keep up with it. No matter how hard I tried I was always pushed around in the sparring ring. I didn't have the endurance to be a Soulsword," She counted off the Disciplines on her fingers. "I didn't have the strength to be a Mindarm, and I was too polite to want to be a Willhammer."

"That left me with Sighteye. And what could a weakling Sighteye do? What could I possibly do alone?" She smiled faintly, resting a hand against the pouches on her belt. "I was always a reader. Still am. And when I couldn't find answers, I turned to my books. I was lucky enough to find an answer."

"I don't know if she had the same problem, and I'm not even entirely sure who wrote it, but I found a book detailing fighting styles that had long since fallen out of fashion. Not force, but counter-force. Not power but wit. By leaving that work behind she let me tip the balance with techniques and styles designed to control open combat."

"It was a tip of the scales, for once in my favor."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

[Odaiba, Outside Mahuika Hall]

“Are you sure this is a good idea?”

Hatchi glanced at the normally silent Zrupgar beside her.  “Of course not, but if it means a less day of travel, I’m willing to stand a refusal.  Maybe even a beating.”

At her companions raised eyebrows, Hatchi said “please don’t interfere.  Just look intimidating enough that they think of anything like that.”

Myzru grawked pitiably, and Hatchi stroked his neck.

“Just a little more, I promise,” she murmured. The side door to the great hall, reserved for common guests, still loomed above her.

Then, with a deep breath, she pulled the bell rope.

OOC: Any members of clan Ageru currently in the hall are free to answer.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: Ayako

Sometimes, Ayako felt like she was forgotten.

OOC: oh really?

She sometimes felt that the world forgot that she existed, that she could disappear one day and nobody would so much as lift their head.

(Okay, they would lift their head, she held a somewhat important position after all.)

Still, sometimes she wondered if people saw her more as a disposable worker than a vauled individual.

OOC: *shifts glance*

*whistles innocently*

... Okay, I'll stop interrupting.

You know what, scrap that. Cut to the action. She was walking through the hall when the bell rung. Walking up to the door, she opened it and looked at the visitor before her. "Hello?"

"It lacks progress, Lord Inokio. As it has since antiquity the nature of the relationship between The Crown and The Taajar has been an impersonal one. Many among my people, and likely many among the court would prefer it to stay that way. That all the interaction my people have with yours is the annual tribute, and our participation in whatever wars our sovereign wishes us to participate in. Such ways I wish to change. For ages, my people have been upon the edge of polite society. Discriminated against, and thought of as barbarous and uncultured. This has fueled mistrust and disdain among my people, which has led to a stubborn unwillingness to seek help from the Crown to change it. It is something my predecessors have often been guilty of. But now that I am Astyzyar Jahagir, I have made it a goal to do the opposite."

It was quite a chance that had opened up, and Sena was going to use it for as much good as she could.

"I would like the Taajar to have a more active role in the Empire we all share. Instead of being outliers, I wish for my people to be accepted within Kentoku society. To trade freely and openly, have safety upon the roads, and a voice in The Imperial Court. I would like to work with the Rora to establish a brighter future for the Taajar, a future where we may been seen fully as equals. It will be a hard road to travel upon, but one that I can envision the end to. Be it forged through decree or years of cooperation, that is what I want our two peoples to work to accomplish together."

IC: (Iolatra Angavur)

"It is ancient methods our craftswomen have passed from mother to daughter over millennia. As my clan has been armorers since the days of the Hordes in antiquity, they have tried and refined to the present."

She looked around. "If you wish to stay, we will happily host you and your party, and hold a feast in honor of this agreement. If you choose to leave, however, I will lead you to our Sokoai pens. A Toroshu like yourself, after all, deserves a gift equal to her status. I think we even have a steed yellow of color."

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Ic: Inokio tapped his fingers together rapidly as he mulled over Senavysh's proclamation.

My advisor had served well, but I can't let proxies do my most important works for me. 

He began to open his mouth.

I stamped my heel on the marble floor with authority—*CLOP*— as I flipped aside the tapestry that concealed me in the passageway I spied from. "Then let's work," I announced and confidently strode to my small throne at the head of the table. My old teacher hadn't expected me to make an entrance like this and got up somewhat uneasily and merely tilted his head in deference, contrasting Senavysh's abrupt stand to attention and sincere bow. As I sat down I uncurled my hand at Sena for her to sit as well, then waved Inokio aside. "Thank you, Inokio, but I'll handle this from here."

"Your Majesty?" he queried incredulously. He appeared to be a mite hurt at his dismissal and his normally solemn face radiated a little bit of resent, as though he suddenly felt undermined, though that certainly wasn't the reality. 

"You spoke in my stead, but now I am present. I've already been advised on this matter, so you are excused." It hurt me just a little to be so unrelenting with him. I looked up to him a lot and he felt like more of an uncle to me than Rayuke, to be honest, but this was how politics played out. Maybe I'd explain it to him later, if I had to, but I'm sure he understood the actuality was that I'd set him up on this temporary pedestal for me to make an even more awesome presentation to the Jahagir. Yes, he was being used, but his role was significant—and he was one of the people who'd advised me earlier, so there was that. 

I hadn't taken my attention off of Senavysh, though, even as Inokio finally bowed stiffly then exited the chamber into the throne room. The Jahagir was exceedingly attractive to me, both on aesthetic and political levels. I got the distinct impression that she may suck dismally at Cards Against Society but isn't incapable of making an impressive show worthy of praise at any Menti pageant. Like me, she was a young sovereign, and my intel also said she was moderately new to true rulership. We had more in common than she probably thought, but I couldn't let those commonalities get in the way of professionalism. 

Once we were alone, I gave my side of the issue. "Senavysh—and please, call me Yumiwa—" I inserted, "I think we are at an accord. The Tajaar have been relegated to second-class status shared with saihoko for generations and, honestly, I find that appalling. I think your culture is diverse, noble and beautiful as it is ancient, and personally I want to burn down the barriers that separated us for so long. People don't even remember why the Tajaar are so distant anymore, and the wars of our mothers is all but forgotten outside of scholastic circles. I think it's time for a new beginning.

I sighed, but with a heavy heart, not fatigue or exasperation, and went on. "But while I titularly rule the Dasaka, I don't speak for all of them. There are a few clans, chief of them the Dastana and Vilda, who disagree with the imperial system, and while their arguments have plenty merit, they want changes at a pace I can't do. War, I feel, is inevitable. And at the crux is... well, you. And the Tajaar. The choice of allegiance your people make will determine the direction history takes in this realm, and I want you to understand your importance. You matter. The opposing clans know that and will entreat you to side with them, or at least support their movements.

I needed to remain morally dignified but simultaneously accessible by Senavysh. She had to both be able to look up to me as a superior but still see the humanity in my being. This delicate balance, and how we used it, was one of the keys to the Umbraline's historic proficiency at diplomacy. Even when we seemed to lessen our height in a room we never sacrificed control in negotiations. Senavysh was too new to understand that technique, or rather that's what I hoped, but the truth was i was also being 100% honest with her, so even if she did see through my method she wouldn't see any fault in it. 

"Thousands of years ago the Tajaar were spared at the merciful whim of another rora. Now, to herald a new age for our cultures, the Rora is asking you for your grace. Swear you'll stand and fight with me and I swear to you by the end of our reigns Tajaar and Imperials will be harmonious to one another as equals. And as long as we do reign, the chair you're in now will be yours as one of my councilors. What say you?"

The gambit had been played. Would she take it?

Edited by Queen Anora Mac Tir

IC:

A crowd of merchants passed between Kulrik and Senavysh, separating the two Menti before Kulrik could hear her reply. When the Saihoko passed, Kulrik looked expectantly for his companion, but she was nowhere to be seen.

Strange...

He craned neck, thinking perhaps the Taajar moved off to look at a shop, or had walked ahead, but Kulrik could see nothing of her. Worried now, he hurried back to the group of Dashi that had moved between them, hoping that she'd gotten lost in a crowd (and not snuck off after his brazenness), though even he had to admit it was unlikely for a few Dashi to sweep her away. In the end he just stood his ground, thinking.

She couldn't have just disappeared on her own, that's impossible. I hardly believe anyone could have kidnapped her that quickly. But that would mean something's wrong me, the whole group really that came to Iki. We've been seeing things. And that proves someone, or some group, is working against us.

With the conclusion that a third party was involved and had set Sighteyes against them, Kulrik doubled back for Nihonei, Seigyo and Shuuan.

...Meanwhile, in the distance eyes looked on and mouths smiled smugly....

"Change of plans" the Vilda First Son told them. He told them quickly of what happened. "I  think Sighteyes used their powers on us, made us think we saw Toroshu Senavysh with us on the boat and here on Iki. They must have helpers to, people to carry them around while they were working, and they must have been close to us. If I'm right, it just means we have to work even quicker. Seigyo and Nihonei, why don't you continue on to the Dastana Castle and make arrangements and search their libraries, me and Shuuan can head back to the market and ask around. There's still some daylight left."

Kulrik didn't particularly like the thought of being alone with the Plangori - no, that wasn't true, he hated it - but someone had to keep an eye on her. 

Edited by Toa Fanixe

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?