BZPRPG - Kini-Nui

Nuju Metru

OOC: Trying to get Lai Lai back on the saddle. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

IC Lai Lai

(Mangaia):

Where am I? she thought with a rising panic, threatening to strangle her senses. Which path should I take?

There was a saying among the Ga-Matoran: Never enter the Dark Walk unless you see a cute guy waving at the entrance. This was a humorous approach to the all-too-real notion of Mangaia being a place of doom that even Toa were best to avoid. It had been the lair of the spirit of darkness, and though he was now gone, his aura of evil wasn't. The place was still filled with dark creatures and dangers that none could resist.

I never saw a cute guy wander down here, Lai Lai thought. So why did I come?

It was a good question. Her original motive had been to reach the village of Po-Koro, but it had changed once she made it to the tunnel. She had decided to explore the place while she was at it, in order to gather information to use in the future. A careless expedition had soon become a horrible trail of fear as Lai Lai lost sense of where she was and how to reach for the surface. It wasn't like Lai Lai to be reckless, but sometimes her curiosity would pop-up in a way that left no room for hesitation. Lai Lai was rational, but also quick-decisive.

So here she was, wandering among the remains of the shadow lair of Makuta, not able to see anything or find a way out. Her panic grew more and more as her reaching hands only caught cold, hard stone.

It was going to get far worse. Lai Lai could hear a hiss nearby and, out of nowhere, a Rahkshi appeared, gleaming in black and red color as the Kraata inside observed the frightened Ga-Matoran with hungry eyes.

Lai Lai screamed.

OOC: Lai Lai open (and desperate) for interaction.

OOC: You got it, Tapio

IC: Veral (Ceni) (Mangaia)

A scream rung through the dark bowels of Mangaia, anywhere else it would grab your attention instantly, here on the other hand it seemed strangely natural.

Of course, that didn't stop Veral from running off in the direction of the voice at a brisk pace, even as Ceni began talking his ears off, or would if she literally spoke.

"Oh, wonderful, that's just perfect, let's run towards the horrified scream so obviously brought forth by some monstrous creepy-crawlies munching on some random fool."

"Bite your tongue, Ceni" Veral replied, his mental voice blunt and to the point, every bit as utilitarian as his military experience demanded of him.

He reached into his satchel, his hand emerging wrapped in a yellow glow that only reached a few feet around him. In the unforgiving darkness of Mangaia, a simple Lightstone wouldn't be of much use, but it was better than nothing.

Lightstone in one hand, Scimitar in the other, Veral kept running towards where he assumed the scream had roughly come from.

There, a Ga-Matoran was covering in fear, with a Rahkshi looming over her, ready to strike.

"Let's get him" Ceni said, Veral couldn't agree more.

"Have at thee, monster" Veral shouted as he channeled his elemental energies through the ground, launching several strong and thick vines to grip around and entangle the Rahkshi.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Lai Lai

(Mangaia):

Lai Lai dove aside as she saw the stranger arrive, a Toa of Plantlife wearing a Matatu. She stopped screaming and hid behind a boulder while the Rahkshi of Fire Resistance turned its attention to the vines about to tangle it.

Fire resistance was of little use against this assault, but a Rahkshi was never helpless, powers or not. It quickly jumped out of the way, the vines barely missing its legs. Then the Rahkshi charged Veral with a loud hiss, swinging its staff.

IC(Ignitus):

Suddenly, I hear a scream. Without thinking, I sprint as fast as I can to the source to find a Ga-Matoran cowering as a Toa of Plantlife and a Rahkshi fight. Making an educated guess as to the Ga-Matoran's attacker, I unsheathe Vulcan and swing it in a deadly arc over my head at the Rahkshi.

:a::k::i:

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

IC: Darvin

Darvin lifted his visor and rose from his tanning chair. As he moved over towards the edge of the balcony he looked down at the Matoran and arched his brow

"Ah hello there.. Use the staircase to get up here."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Ludvin

The Teal Musician walked up the spiraling staircase up to where Darvin was positioned. He greeted the Matoran and extended his hand.

"Hi. I've come for a job in the Mata Nui Weekly and this was the closest branch to Le Wahi. I'm Ludvin by the way."

Edited by Punished Snake

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

OOC: Punished Snake.. will you please at least look at the wiki page about the treehouse.. it is a spiral staircase around the trunk of the tree.. not a ladder

Darvin arched his brow

"Sorry mate.. But the kini-nui branch is a one man operation.. Not enough going around here to support a full staff.. I mean this is not an actual village at all..

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Darvin arches his brow even higher

"Well.. perhaps head to one of the Koros who does not have a Branch yet.. I mean several of the koro's are still without district offices. If anything i can put in a good word for you."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Darvin looked back towards the walls of his home and considered

"Well I have some bula Muffins in the oven right now.. so if you can wait a bit they shall be out."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC Lai Lai

(Mangaia):

The Rahkshi of Fire resistance was taken by surprise as another Toa arrived. The Rahkshi hissed in agony as the Vulcan practically sliced the Rahkshi armor and the level 2 Kraata inside.

The last cry the Rahkshi made was a cry for help. As soon as the Son of Makuta was down, two more came from within the shadow. The Rahkshi down here were wild, but they understood when a threat to one of their kind was a threat to them all.

A red/silver Rahkshi appeared, followed by a gray one. Neither struck with their powers yet, preferring to keep them a secret until the Toa made the first move. Both having level 5 Kraata inside, they were more than able to think strategically.

"Toa, watch out!" Lai Lai shouted a cry of warning.

IC:

Echoing throughout the caverns, the scream was a piercing sound, loud and....while not out of place, definitely not something I had wanted to hear when I came down. Ignitus kicked off, and immediately I followed, even as Reyna began to focus on the Arthron's powers to try and figure out the quickest route, and the source of the scream. However, that wasn't needed.

We turned a corner and in front of us was a blue Matoran, a Toa whose armor reflected a sickening green within the dark crimson ambient lighting of the walls, and, overarching both of them in size, a black and red Rahkshi that let off a fear-inducing hiss as it leapt away from a set of unnatural vines that grew out from the floors.

The thought that the Toa in front of us was a Toa of Plantlife settled itself into the side of my mind as I run to the other side of the Rahkshi, sword glowing blue in my hands, to trap it in between me, Ignitus and the other Toa.

This was now a three on one. I hoped the numbers didn't change to our disadvantage. Careful! There's something else!

*Shing!* Vulcan sliced clean through the armor of the Rahkshi, and I could hear the disgusting sounds of the Kraata's final cries within as it was de-bodied.

Woop. Too late. Luck is never on our side, is it?

What?

"Sssssssss!"

Too late. I turned around, and as Reyna had said, 2 of them dropped out from the shadows. I stepped back, ready to move when I had to.

Edited by -JL-

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: Veral (Mangaia)

Veral was about to thank Ignitus for his assistance when the frightening hiss crawled into his ear again. In the red gloom (he'd already discarded his lightstone for his shield), two more Rahkshi had appeared, and it was already clear that these were of a higher breed than the one they had just defeated. Another Toa was standing in front of them, Lightning crackling through his blade.

The Rahkshi were waiting for them to attack first, Veral realized. And so he called to the Toa of Fire.

"Pay heed, brother, they're hiding their powers away until we reveal ours"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Lai Lai

(Mangaia):

Rahkshi had limited patience, even the smarter ones. The Kraata inside their armor stared at the three Toa nearby. None of them made a move. The gray one's hand itched for battle.

Lai Lai decided to help the Toa expose the Rahkshi's powers. With the Rahkshi's attention turned to the Toa, she launched a disk from her launcher at the red and silver Rahkshi. Just before it struck, the Rahkshi spotted the object... and almost miraculously leapt aside, dodging it. The movement was incredibly fluid and seemed impossible for any physical being to accomplish.

The Rahkshi hissed, exciting its partner as well. The gray Rahkshi lost its patience and leapt right at Veral. The red and silver one stepped towards Lai Lai, threatening to hit her with its staff.

"Ceni, I believe you know what to do"

"No problem"

Veral dashed forward, arms out to the sides and leaning forward slightly, almost as if he was exposing himself to attack.

But that was when Ceni called upon her one skill, that of telekinesis, and threw a powerful telekinetic punch right at the the proverbial jaw of the Rahkshi.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Lai Lai

(Mangaia):

The gray Rahkshi shrieked as it was thrown back by the attack. Lai Lai was sure it had broken a jaw. However, the creature immediately rose to its feet again and lurched at Veral. It was almost as if the Rahkshi was completely unaffected by the attack.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

IC(Ignitus/Ausar):

"."

I charge the red and silver Rahkshi, with Vulcan in my left hand and flames in my right. Launching attacks as fast as I can, it seems able to dodge them far too easily; then a thought comes to me.

Its reflexes are fast, too fast to hit it, but maybe I can fix that.

Making sure I keep its attention, I pour all my energy into the creature's feet, melting them to slag in a few seconds.

Just as fast as I melted them, I pulled all the heat out of the metal, causing it to freeze back into solid Protodermis, stuck to the ground.

My opponent unable to run, I grab it by the throat, raise Vulcan, and enjoy the screech as I stab straight through its armor and Kraata.

Edited by Toa Aki

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

IC: Syvra

Syvra looked over his shoulders for the briefest of moments when he heard the sounds of fighting echoeing through the tunnels. As he looked back at Echelon he nodded slightly

"It vaguely rings a bell. I have heard your name associated with the darkness and Makuta but that is about all. Though when they speak your name it is usually with a air of respect and fear."

Despite what Syvra said there wasn't a single hint of fear in his voice nor hesitation. Instead it held respect and perhaps a sense of...Self-worth as if he was trying to show he did not fear Echelon through his words

"Now that we know the other's name I suppose the next logical question is, What now?"

Darvin made a 'come with me' gesture and then walked through the front door of the building. He motioned for the Le-matoran to take a seat while he walked over to one of the side tables and looked over his selection of teas

"What type of tea would you like? I have so many to choose from here."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Darvin nodded rather slowly as he heard this and proceeded to heat up some water with a small campfire style stove

"Ah that one is a good option.."

He waited for the water to heat up so he turned to look at Ludvin

"So why do you want to work for the MNW?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: Ludvin

"Well before this whole Dasaka thing happened, I followed a group of Toa for a while back in Le. They were a very interesting bunch which made want to chronicle their tale. Though I only captured what was during their time at my hut." He then strokes his flute.

"Most of my life I've beeen a street performer. Playing a melody wherever I go, trying to make a living. But I'm hiping that the path of journalism will open a new door in life."

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Darvin nodded and instead pulled the water off and put the tea bag in the cup and handed it to Ludvin

"Here you go. and that is an interesting story. Though going from street performer to Journalist is quite a change... Are you sure you want to make the change?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC (Echelon)

"I suppose that's good enough," said Echelon. It was surprising how little the masses seemed to know about him, but it did at least seem as though his name carried some dread. In fact, it was perhaps preferable that way. "I am the sole member of Makuta's inner circle that still walks this island."

Echelon began to walk in a slow circle around Syvra, looking up at the gloom-veiled heights of the vaulted room as though picturing them in older days.

"Heuani is dead," he said. "Toa of Shadow, to endless shadow returned. He was Makuta's most favoured, but with Makuta gone, so is he."

Echelon still remembered the one and only time he had spoken with Heuani, and the vengeful wrath he had been subject to. He did not miss the Shadow Toa.

"Ronkshou is exorcised," he continued. "A dread warrior and strategist, and a powerful ally of mine - but when his Infected mask was purged, his original mind was returned."

He too had worn an Infected mask, and it had been broken on the same day as Ronkshou's. But he was an agent of darkness before, and an agent of darkness he remained.

"Vidar is broken," came the third eulogy. "He too was powerful, but Makuta punished him for failure with a Parakuka. The slug was destroyed...and it broke his mind."

Echelon had worked most closely with Vidar; the two had collaborated to kill Hafu and Tamaru. He considered the addition of a Parakuka to have been a waste of Vidar's skills.

"Kohra is incarcerated," was fourth, the last of his fellows in the dark elite. "She remains alive, but she was captured during the battle at Kini-Nui. Even now, she languishes in imprisonment at Ta-Koro."

He intended to change that.

"And I...am free," he finished, looking back to Syvra, having turned through 180 degrees. "I am the Legacy. You ask me what now? I ask you the same question. It was you that followed me."

As Echelon finished speaking, Syvra noticed that his expression turned to a slight frown. The Dark Toa's gaze no longer rested on him, but instead was focused at something behind, over his right shoulder.

I stared over the Toa's shoulder. I had passed this way before, more than once, searching as many chambers as I could access for any relic that the Maru might have missed. I knew these halls well.

And I knew that that door, every time I had passed it, was shut.

It was open.

I stepped past Syvra without a word, walking cautiously towards the doorway. The massive slab-like door of Mangaia-stone no longer impenetrably blocked it - it sat, metres above my head, in the niche into which it slid. In the space where it had always previously been, there was instead the opening to a dark tunnel. No cold redness lit this shadowy passage - but as I peered into its depths, my straining eyes caught a faint glow of green.

Turning away, I called to Syvra.

"Wait here," I instructed him. I would investigate this alone.

I entered the dark passage. My staff's jewel afforded some light as I walked, revealing the straight black stone around me. The smooth walls sloped inwards, so that the ceiling was narrower than the floor and all four sides formed a trapezium shape. It was long, but as I went, I saw that my eyes had not deceived me - a green gleam was indeed visible ahead.

The passage ended abruptly, and I walked out into a hexagonal chamber. The green light I had seen was all that illuminated its six tall walls and empty floor - empty, save for the source of the light.

A cylinder of glass or crystal lay at the centre of the chamber, about the size of the mason jars used by Matoran, capped at both ends with metal seals. I approached it slowly, kneeling to pick it up, and raised it to my face, gazing with wonder as my eyes drank in the unnatural green radiance.

It was beautiful...

I speak, of course, not of the jar itself, but what it contained. It was a green-black substance that flowed like water but coiled like smoke, swirling slowly and glowing with that sickly, alien light.

I had never seen its like before, but I knew its name.

Antidermis.

OOC: The above is done with permission from Nuju Metru.

Edited by GhosthandsOfChristmasPast

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

OOC: By superheating the feet themselves.

IC(Ignitus/Ausar):

The Rahkshi defeated, I drop what remains of it and charge the gray one, all reason having now left my mind. All that remains is pure instinct.

IC: Syvra

Before syvra could even get in a single word Echelon had left to investigate a chamber that Syvra himself had overlooked. With a dismissive gesture he instead leaned against the tunnel wall. However as his armor hit the wall he could could vaguely feel the rough texture of the wall and was amazed how certain parts were smooth as a Ussal's backside while others were rougher than the feelings of a skakdi.

Perhaps I should investigate?

How?

As some little rahi... Maybe a insect?

That could work. Though you shall have to be very careful not to be noticed.

Understood Syvra.

And with that Venixa scoured the area before her and was able to latch onto the corpse of a minute fikou spider. Slowly she crawled along the ceiling and into the chamber of which Echelon had gone into. She was able to see him looking at some form of jar that held a green liquid of sorts.

How odd...

What is it Venixa?

He appears to be investigating a jar filled with green fluids.

Odd... I wonder what makuta would have hidden there and in such an odd form.

Maybe it is a drink of sorts?

I bet you Echelon likely knows. So in time we may discover it as well.

And with that Fikou-Venixa watched from the ceiling of the chamber while Syvra stayed against the tunnel's walls.

Darvin took a moment to look at Ludvin

"I shall be back."

And with that darvin moved into his office and then back into his kitchen. A few minutes later he returned carrying fresh Bula muffins that still had steam rolling over the tops.

"Well i have muffins now.. But you know as a journalist it is best to focus on one thing... Trying to focus on multiple things at once causes issues."

Edited by A Vox in a Box

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Darvin smiled softly as he heard this setting the other muffins onto a platter while he set the pan down on a open space

"Well you first take a sharp knife... The sharper the better. You then dice the berries into tiny half-inch pieces while preparing the batter. The batter is an old family secret but i can tell you there i a very rare secret ingredient that can be found in nature. Once you begin mixing the batter you add in about 3 mug fulls of berries and mix them in well. From there cook it on low heat for about 2 hours and ta-da! My muffins."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

As the Grey Rahkshi (Invulnerability? Veral wasn't sure) turned to block the attack of Ignitus, Veral seized the opportunity now granted to him.

"Let's see how well he does unarmed" Veral pondered as he channeled his elemental powers through the ground again, this time sending a sprout of strong vines forth to coil around the staff and tear it from the Rahkshi's grip.

"Nice thinking" Ceni complimented.

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Ignitus, not Agni. :P

IC Lai Lai

(Mangaia):

The Rahkshi cried out in dismay as the staff was lost. With no tool its level of invulnerability dropped considerably and it had no way to fight back at its foes. Smart enough to know that it was outnumbered and too weak, the Rahkshi fled into the darkness with a hiss that grew fainter until the sound was gone completely.

Lai Lai rose up and walked up to her saviors. "Thank you, Toa", she said with full respect. "I was sure those Rahkshi were going to tear me to pieces. I thought I was alone in this place."

IC Lai Lai

(Mangaia):

"I - I was gathering information", Lai Lai explained with a sheepish voice. "I'm a messenger and part-time newswoman. In that trade you want to have the greatest stories. You want to know things other messengers wouldn't even dare to find out about. And as you know, it doesn't get more interesting than Mangaia itself, with its vaults and Abettors and everything."

Edited by Toatapio Nuva