BZPRPG - Kini-Nui

Nuju Metru

IC(Ignitus):

Looking at Lai Lai, a thought occurs to me.

"Say," I ask the Matoran, "if you're a newswoman looking for an interesting story, how would you feel about having an exclusive on the most daring voyage of recorded history? We already have a Po-Matoran chronicling our adventures for future generations, but perhaps we could use someone to communicate it to the present. Besides," I add with a grin, "Ga-Matoran like sailing, right?"

:a::k::i:

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

OOC: Instantly melting metal to slag using an Elemental power would take a lot of energy and concentration. It'll probably cause a bit of tiredness afterwards, not to mention that the Rahkshi will most probably be able to blast you with energy before it full happens.

IC:

With the Rahkshi gone, my stance slacked.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

OOC: I agree with what you said JL, but that specific Rahkshi couldn't have shot anything at Ignitus since it was a Rahkshi of dodge.

IC Lai Lai

(Mangaia):

Lai Lai thought about this. "Sure, I like sailing", she said. "What is this voyage for, exactly?"

IC: Transiz/Tul

The Mega-Rahkshi walked up to the scene of the fight, apparently a bit too late to rip some Kraata out of Rahkshi suits.

"First of all, Rahkshi can't talk. Second of all, if you're a newswoman, are you affiliated with the Mata Nuian Weekly?"

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC(Ignitus):

"Well, certain lines of it lead me and some other people to believe the key can be found by sailing towards the Red Star, and the rest of the crew besides me and JL are currently waiting in Ga-Koro with a ship, ready to leave as soon as we get there. So," I say, extending my hand. "You in?"

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

IC Lai Lai

(Mangaia):

Red Star Voyagers!

Lai Lai knew the Red Star Voyagers; after all, she was in the news business. There had been rumors thrown around about this voyager group for a long time now.

A unique view, a different perspective on the story...

"Count me in", Lai Lai said, shaking Ignitus' hand.

IC: Veral (Ceni) (Mangaia)

Veral smirked politely... somehow

"Then I bid you farewell, and best of luck in your quest. My path takes me elsewhere"

Ceni rolled her eyes, metaphorically speaking, and she contemplated tripping one of the other Toa just to liven things up a bit, but eventually decided against it, she'd rather just get away from them. So she remained silent as Veral turned and walked in the direction of the Darkwalk leading to Onu-Wahi.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC(Ignitus):

Grinning, I say, "Well then, we should be getting back to Ga-Koro. We've got a safe to crack."

With that, I begin the trip through the Dark Walk to Ga-Wahi.

IC Lai Lai

(Mangaia):

Lai Lai waved Veral goodbye and followed Ignitus and JL back to the Ga-Wahi Dark Walk. There had been a purpose to her impulsive treck down here after all. She was given an opportunity to observe something important and be the first one to learn about whatever happened during the voyage.

OOC: Lai Lai, Ignitus and JL to Ga-Wahi... unless there's something you guys want to do here first.

IC (Echelon)

The hexagonal room in which Echelon stood was bare, sealed, and empty with the exception of the Dark Toa, his find, and the dwarf Fikou, which meant that the air was almost totally still as the spider crawled up the wall. And in that silence, the tip-tapping of its six legs went unhidden.

From her vantage point on the wall, Venixa saw the Toa turn his head away from gazing into the jar's green-black depths - and look straight at her.

As though his crimson stare was a tractor beam, she found herself plucked from the wall by invisible forces and drawn, slowly but inexorably, through the air towards him.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Venixa

Venixa struggled only for a few seconds as she was pulled towards Echelon but merely out of surprise. Her beady hollow eyes stared at Echelon with such a ferocity

"Let me go."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Darvin

Darvin nodded rather slowly as he hears this though he seems to consider something

"Well i am not sure they will be quite as good... Though if i may suggest something you say you want to be a reporter.. perhaps find a toa team who is planning to do something and ask to be their teams chronicler.. that would be a good place to start."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Darvin

Darvin offers a faint smile as he follows ludvin out of the treehouse

"Well take care and good luck with your mission."

However Darvin proceeds to lay back on his tanning chair and proceeds to tan again.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC (Echelon)

Echelon examined the bug as though...well, examining a bug. On closer inspection, the Fikou appeared to be dead - how interesting. And speaking, too.

"How fascinating," he intoned impassively. Venixa suddenly felt her connection to the spider's corpse waver, challenged by an outside force. She felt the pressure against her mind, a cold, hard will pressing down on her, threatening to wrest control away from her and force her back to Syvra's mask.

"I don't appreciate being spied on," the Dark Toa stated. His voice was low and emotionless; clinical. "What are you, and why are you here?"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Venixa

Venixa felt the pull on her connection but she fought back against it. For she held a much closer connection with the tryna than Echelon could ever hold. She was the power where as he merely wielded it. So she continued to push against his will seeming to be succeeding infact. However her pushing was putting a strain on Syvra's energy which he could easily feel yet he knew there must be a good reason for it.

"If you break my connection i can return with another body Echelon... it would be a savage cycle. And what i am is none of your concern but why i am here is simple. Information. I wish to know more about what your doing in here and now i am highly intrigued as to what that vial of green liquid is."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: "Unnamed"

The jet black toa walked down the dark hall, with two bright lightstones floating by him. He stopped and listened. The feint cry of a rahkshi in the distance was ever foreboding. He continued forward, examining the floors and walls closely, his weary eyes searching for something that he did not know, or did not dare think about.

The toa sat down on a ledge that jutted from the wall, resting there. It seemed to him, that he had been walking for hours. He tried to remember what he was doing, how he got to these dark tunnels. For a moment, the memories escaped his grasp, like a slippery snake, but in time they came. For him, it was like remembering a dream. He thought upon his journey here. And for a moment, something happened. He remembered his name. Before he could write it down, or as much as think it again, it slipped away, never to be seen again.

He got up from the place he sat down in. He began to walk away, but then he remembered something. He pulled out a thin sheet of paper, that had intensive notes, and writings from many different people on it. He drew on the tunnel he was in, showing the path that he reached to get there. Before he could write about the y in the tunnel that he had faced earlier, he heard something. It was behind him.

The toa twisted around to see a Rahkshi. He didn't recognize of what type it was, but he soon found out. A blink of an eye later, it was on the other side of his vision. He activated his mask, commanding a few large, loose rocks to fly at the creature, but to no avail. The son of Makuta was already behind him. He put down the simple rocks, knowing something more was needed to defeat it. Suddenly, the gravity for the hallway changed, everything was being pulled to the wall at the other end of the tunnel. The surprised rahkshi hissed, and teleported on top of the toa. The brother of Makuta used his staff to pin him to the wall. The test of strength was on. There was no doubt in the black toa's mind that the rahkshi was stronger. The toa dropped his control of the lightstones, and pushed on the hideous being with his elemental, mental, and physical strength.

The rahkshi lost it's grasp on the staff, it's body then suddenly crushed by a rock that flew towards the new center of gravity. He relinquished his grasp on the elements, looking down on the body of the creature that had come so close to killing him. He knew there was something important that he was forgetting. He looked around, spying a sharp rock. He grabbed it, and carefully made an cut to the plated area behind it's head. He pulled a jar from under his cloak, gingerly putting the living kraata in the glass container. He got up, holding the jar. He placed in in a near empty bag he carried with him, and picking up the staff that the rahkshi had left behind, walked away.

OOC: Then unnamed toa is open for interaction.

Edited by Aurora the cat

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

OOC: Please watch the AMAZING FEAT of me exercising the TWELVE HOUR RULE. (jk, not that amazing.)

IC: "Unnamed"

Forward. He knew that was the direction to take. He had to see something for himself. He watched as the light from the stone danced off the walls of the room. He pressed forward, watching every step, almost as if one wrong move would send him to oblivion. He was right to act in this way, for any sudden sound might alert a Rahkshi. He did not plan to fight one again.

Seeing a different fork in the road, he pulled out the map, and drew on it. He though for a moment, trying to calculate how long the tunnel was. He made his mark upon the page, and continued forwards.

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

IC (Echelon)

"I'm sure you are," Echelon replied coldly, the large vial held as firmly in his physical grip as Venixa's Fikou was in his elemental one, "but knowledge is power, and I don't share power easily."

Tucking the jar of Antidermis into the folds of his cloak, he let the undead Rahi fall to the ground and strode out of the chamber and down the narrow passageway, back towards Syvra. He did, however, leave some lingering magnetisation on the bug's metallic carapace - just in case whatever was controlling the corpse was foolish enough to try anything.

IC: Syvra

Venixa cursed under her breath as she left the corpse and returned to Syvra's mask.

Well he is hiding something from us Syvra

As is to be expected from him. Though what is he hiding exactly?

It appears to be a vial of Green liquid.

Really now? Hmm.. I wonder what it could be. You did well venixa

Yeah but he discovered i was watching him.

Oh? Did you tell him anything?

Nothing what so ever.

Good.

Syvra turned to look at Echelon as he approached and his eyes watched the toa for a second before speaking

"I take it whatever you needed to check has been checked?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC Niralle

Kini Nui, such a sacred place. The great temple, the entrance to Makuta's lair, the great suva. Here rest the great ruins of ancient battles and prophecies past.

It had taken many days to journey to this sacred place. Scaling the steps, Niralle passed the entrance to the Mangaia as he came to the ruins of the great temple.

Standing tall for a turaga, Niralle stood proudly. He was waiting.

OOC Niralle is open for interaction

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

IC (Echelon)

"It has," the Dark Toa replied, eyeing Syvra suspiciously. The Toa wore a Tryna, and that spider had most probably been under the control of a Tryna. Echelon doubted this was coincidence. "And I will need to leave this place soon. On my own business."

His tone made it clear that he did not intend to be followed.

"So if you have anything to discuss with me, speak now."

Syvra seemed to consider this and offered a simple one word

"Ak'rei'an."

He then offered something more

"And bringing back the dead without a tryna. Does this perhaps intrigue you?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC (Echelon)

Echelon paused as he heard Syvra's words. The Dark Toa's face gave little away, but his expression had changed almost imperceptibly. Syvra had caught his attention.

"That is not a name I expected to hear again," he replied slowly. "But the Brotherhood of Ak'Rei'An is dead. We wiped them out, long ago. Unless..."

His eyes glinted with interest.

"Go on."

It was Syvra's turn to slowly circle Echelon as he spoke

"Oh the brotherhood is not dead by any measure. Though they have moved from one of their lairs in Onu-wahi... They would wish to see me dead for I escaped their clutches but not before being tortured. Though luckily I did not turn into a brain dead follower. I used this to my advantage and leaked some information to the ussalry about the location of their base. But the little roaches escaped."

However as he made it full circle he spoke directly at Echelon

"But they are far from squashed. I can provide you with what i know on them. However I and my ally will not give information willy-nilly."

Syvra's voice was like his sword. It dripped with it's acidity and the hate he had for the group

Edited by A Vox in a Box

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC (Echelon)

Echelon was silent for a few moments, watching Syvra curiously. He rubbed his chin with thumb and forefinger. The Toa of Plantlife had certainly succeeded in piquing his interest.

He cast his mind back to his memories of the Brotherhood from the long years before Makuta's fall. A sect of so-called necromancers who worshipped a fictitious 'angel of Mata Nui', from whom they took their name. Hunted by both sides, they had eventually been destroyed by Makuta's forces - or so he thought.

Echelon had always found Ak'Rei'An's followers interesting, but worthy of no great esteem. Their eponymous deity was obviously not as they claimed he was; most probably an invention, but possibly inspired by a living being - a Valkyr, perhaps - whose memory had become distorted into a figurehead for the cult. As for their method of reanimation, he had always scorned it (it was far less effective, in his eyes, than the Tryna) but found it interesting nonetheless. He had thought them to be destroyed, and their secrets with them...but if they had survived, then perhaps this presented an opportunity.

He smiled thinly.

"Name your terms."

Ah... Bait casted and line snagged. Now to reel him in.

Syvra offered a gentle smile to Echelon

"It is simple. I wish to offer my assistance. Before my conversion i was a loyal follower of Makuta... Though while I worship Ak'rei'an I don't think one needs to blindly follow some self-proclaimed 'Grand Master' to worship him. And frankly I haven't seen Ak'rei'an do anything as monumentous as Makuta has. But allow me to serve under you and any knowledge I hold shall be yours."

However his right hand idly tapped the handle of Akrei's thorn as he thought

"I can also offer my mastery of plant-based poisons to you."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC (Echelon)

He didn't show it, but Echelon was instantly wary. This man worshipped Ak'Rei'An, but all he wanted in return for his knowledge of the Brotherhood was to be allowed to work for the Dark Toa? It was too good to be true.

Still, the Toa could make a useful tool, and if the Brotherhood were still active, any information Syvra held would be worth having. And if he thought he could double-cross Echelon...well. Good luck to him.

"Very well," he said. "But this will have to wait."

He began to walk, striding past Syvra towards the passage leading to the surface.

"Meet me here in three days' time, and we will speak again."

Edited by GhosthandsOfChristmasPast

Syvra nodded to Echelon

"Three days."

However Syvra waited for Echelon to leave before he proceeded to head out towards the main area of Mangaia. He chose his path wisely and chose to take the Dark-walk that lead to Onu-Koro.

OOC: Syvra to Onu-koro.. Sweet baby Takea.. Syvra has been in Kini-Nui since december first.. Bout time i got out of here.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC:

Nowhere remembers nothing.

Do you remember when the windows were wide?

Of course I do. What a foolish question.

Forgive me; I've nearly forgotten how to remember.

Remember that my imprisonment is still younger than a turn of the heavens. Such a minute passage of time has barely touched me.

Then you remember?

You prove yourself, as always, a fool. Yes, I remember when the windows were wide... Do you?

It has been so long. My recollections waver like starlight in a puddle.

My recollections are sharper than blades of iced wind.

You taunt me.

Yes.

I am happy that you have found a new way to occupy yourself.

I occupy myself with more than this pointless banter.

I know.

My fingers will quickly discover sharp nails.

You have chosen, then, to spend your remaining influence.

Yes.

Now, you are like me.

Perhaps, but not for long.

Tell me about when the windows were open.

No.

Why not?

It would bring you happiness.

I remember spaciousness, and very little else.

That is as it should be.

Incidentally, my influence was well-spent.

I will indulge you in your eagerness: how so?

My flickering thumb has just found his claw.

His claw is not the true key.

Correct; I do not intend for him to open the true safe. That comes later.

I do not understand what you intend to achieve.

He will find my weapon.

The calamity you bottled, regardless of its volume, cannot open windows.

Indeed not; my replacements, however, can.

Your replacements shirk their role.

Your mask has never made a mistake.

• Upvote 3

test2.png

IC (Echelon)

Echelon strode along the Ko-Wahi Dark Walk with renewed purpose; a dark determination that had not surfaced for months. Ever since Makuta's fall, events had stagnated. The Legacy, despite his best efforts, had been sluggish and indecisive. Nothing had been achieved; even the trap he had sprung against Joske had been a small victory. Even his iron will had begun to crumble.

But now, with this discovery, the scales of fate had tipped back his way. The wheels of progress were even now shuddering against their axles as they ground into motion.

The Dark Toa turned abruptly, slipping like a shadow into a crack in the now-icy wall of the tunnel.

OOC: Echelon to Ko-Wahi

IC:

In the dark, blades kissed again and again.

The noises of the weapons' ferocious impacts rebounded off the cavernous corridor's stony pillars and walls, growing in magnitude and distortion with every echo; the original clangs, compounded with the returning noises from seconds past, produced quite the cacophony in the dark passage. Sound, down in Mangaia, was known to be dangerous – it could attract unfriendly attention – but neither of the two combatants had space of mind to spare for caution. Their ears heard only the noises of their bodies, and their glowing red eyes saw only the next attack to be parried.

The sparking impacts of the fighters' weapons sporadically clarified them in silhouette; both were hunched, with spines running down their backs. One held a long, sharp-ended staff, and the other clutched a curious blade in one hand and something small in the other. As they dueled, the duo's synchronization was almost choreographic; each sought to slay the other, and in pursuing those mutual – albeit opposing – objectives, the pair was evenly matched. Strike was traded for strike, block for block, cut for cut... yet neither of the two seemed slowed, or even pained, by wounds scored on their bodies. The staff-bearer struck deep into the blade-bearer's forearm; just an instant later, that same forearm swung its blade with full force to deliver what should have been a crippling wound to the staff-bearer's leg; the staff-bearer lunged uninhibitedly on that leg for its next attack.

Both combatants hissed at each other.

An especially skillful twirl from the blade-bearer knocked aside the enemy's weapon, leaving the spear-bearer's torso exposed; the blade-bearer, without hesitation, scored a deep gash there. A normal foe would have recoiled in agony, but this one did not; rather than giving ground, the staff-bearer pressed forward, taking advantage of the blade-bearer's extension. With a suddenly choked-up spear, swung a tight and decisive arc, the staff-bearer cleaved the blade-bearer in two at the midriff. In that moment, the blade-bearer disintegrated into dust, and fell to the earth like dry rain. As though blown gently by a cave wind hugging the earth, the dust particles continued to stir after they had fallen. The spear-bearer let loose a chilling howl of victory, and the dust scattered all around.

A little crystal vial, full of something that moved on its own, had clinked happily to earth with the remains of the blade-bearer, bouncing a little along the ground so that it'd landed some feet away. Its black-green contents swirled lazily, and the subtle movement was not unseen by the spear-bearer's expert eyes. Something about the substance was familiar to the spear-bearer; head cocked to one side, the spear-bearer approached the vial, bent down to get a better look at it—

The next noise that echoed around the cavernous space was the sound of the Rahkshi's head and body, divorced from each other by an airborne three-bladed scissor, falling with dull thuds onto the stony earth. Zaktan, reformed from the dust on the floor, willed his flying weapon back to himself, crouched to carefully pick up the vial of Antidermis, and continued onwards. Behind him, slow as dripping syrup, the head of the dead Kraata slipped out of its decapitated Rahkshi armor and flopped wetly to the ground.

Zaktan had left the Piraka bungalow the same evening that the insanity voice had led him to discover the Antidermis, and this rapidity had been a sound decision. Had Zaktan delayed, the others would have doubtless followed him; such a prospect had been, and still was, supremely disagreeable. The Piraka were noisy and stupid, and aside from that, they would have wanted the prize in the Vault – whatever it was – for themselves. Zaktan didn't intend to share whatever it was he was soon to discover.

Had he been able to make the entire voyage from Ta-Wahi as a cloud of Protodites, Zaktan would have done so. The Antidermis vial had complicated matters, though, since it couldn't dissolve and fly with him; it'd forced him to undertake his trek into Mangaia on foot, and thereby forced him to deal with irritating obstacles, of which the Rahkshi of Quick Healing had been only the latest, along the way. Inconveniences like these only augmented Zaktan's deeper embitterment with the little vial he bore. The flickering Skakdi was reluctant to associate again with the substance within; even now, the knowledge of its proximity made his whole body itch. Zaktan would not be weak, though. Something as trifling as reluctance – and reluctance borne of memory – would not stand in the way of him unlocking the greatest mystery, the simplest power, on the island.

It did not take Zaktan long to find the place he sought. The door to the Vault, even in the dark, was pale as a dull moon. The massive slab was a featureless face, set flush into the rocky archway that towered higher than five Toa standing on each other’s shoulders. Zaktan ambled closer to the door, read the inscription that was the only flaw on its smooth countenance. He hypothesized several possible meanings on the spot. The impregnable slab, though, was of little concern to Zaktan, for he had come to employ the Vault’s other suspected entrance. Backing up from the door and looking up he spotted, camouflaged amidst the stalactites, a dark spot in the roughly vaulted ceiling: a hole.

Zaktan, like dozens of others before him, had trekked into the bowels of Mangaia to see the Abettor. Unlike his predecessors, though, Zaktan knew that he would bypass the behemoth. The Antidermis vial in his possession, the blessing and curse of the insanity voice, was the key that the others had not had. All he had to do was ascend to the—

Fingers of frustration dug into Zaktan’s gut and temples with his realization. He could not hold the vial when he was dissolved, and he could not fly when he was solid. He had miscalculated; he had been a fool. How could he have been so thoughtless? The Skakdi’s rippling face momentarily jerked violently in several directions at once, creating for the briefest of moments a grotesque and incomprehensible expression. The next flash, Zaktan was composed again. Over-eagerness, he determined, had brought him blindness; this was not a mistake he would make twice, because he never made a mistake twice.

To ascend, he needed to use elemental energies that he could not access alone. He needed a tool. Still fuming, but already considering which of the Piraka to exploit, Zaktan turned back the way he had come, pointedly stomping down on and bursting the head of the Kraata as he passed it.

• Upvote 9

test2.png

IC: Transiz/Tul

I've had enough, Tul. I don't care what Syvra says - I'm going in.

Acceptance. Curiosity.

I'm going to ask him what he abets and if the Vault riddle refers to other races beyond the sea.

Understanding.

Transiz made his way to the primary entrance. He then asked Tul to activate, which he did. The Mega-Rahkshi grabbed onto the rock face, and began to pull himself up, getting to the top with enhanced strength.

The entry way looked a bit small for a Vortixx like himself, but Transiz could just barely squeeze through the opening. He got in, and looked at the strange being before him. He stood up, and said,

"Hello. My name is Transiz, and I am the bearer of a Parakuka. I would like to ask you two questions about the Vault and you, if you allow that."

Edited by Canis Lycaon

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: Syvra from Onu-wahi

Syvra moved silently through the tunnels of Managaia while trying to desperately remember the path he had taken from the tunnel where he last saw Echelon. It took him awhile but he was able to find said chamber again and merely took a position against the wall as he waited for Echelon to eventually arrive. He knew he was early but he did not care. He intended to be early and show his dedication than late and show his lack of dedication.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: 'Gray' from Le-Wahi

IC: 'Gray' (Mangaia)

Her steps were light and careful as she slowly made her way down the smooth-edged tunnel, the red hue clashing with the icy glow of her eyes and heartlight, and in a strange way appearing to overpower them. Here, in the bowels of Makuta’s former realm, no other light could exist beyond the strongest of them all, a light of purity and clarity, a light which for her had long been unattainable.

Although the Master of Shadows no longer nested here, his claim to this realm was still indisputable, no one but him could ever call this place home now.

She shuddered; shivering from toe to fingertip, maybe going down here wasn’t such a good idea after all.

Her sight was more or less useless here; the blood-red light didn’t do it any good. So she was forced to rely on her other senses; smell, taste, touch and, most importantly, hearing. She closed her eyes.

How ironic that for once that would turn out to be a mistake.

She continued walking, slowly feeling out the road before her with her staff reduced to a walking cane, completely unable to spot at first the lurking presence in the shadows, staying just out of sight, skipping from hiding spot to hiding spot.

A Son of Makuta was watching her, slowly making its way towards her, clutching its staff tightly in anticipation as it made no sound whilst approaching her.

The Rahkshi’s head and spine was almost invisible, the bladed silver fin and the burning orange eyes being the only elements to stand out from the deep, charcoal black. In every other aspect, the Rahkshi was colored a plain, featureless gray, much like the Toa it was preparing to ambush.

In the dark, dim realm of Mangaia, a scream was for a split-second heard, before silence took hold again.

She wailed in pain from the gash across her back, where the bladed staff had dug into her body, gritting her teeth as her eyes slammed open. She twisted her aching back and neck to see, finding the Rahkshi of Silence looming over her poised to strike the finishing blow, something reminiscent of a sadistic sneer apparent across its reptilian face.

It had made short work of this servant of good, yes; its father would be very pleased.

But it was mildly surprised to see the Toa evade its finishing thrust with blinding speed, disappearing from its sight for a moment or two before he saw her stand before him, panting, and keeping the weight off her back.

It hissed.

The hiss was simultaneously a threat and a warning in her ears, and she cringed as she tightened her grip around her staff. This Rahkshi had a power that left her elemental skills void, her most powerful weapon was useless, and now she was injured.

But she was not going to let up, for she still had her speed and her weapons.

Her back screamed loudly in protest as she dashed forward, swinging her staff into a stalemate with the other ones, the bladed crown of the Rahkshi’s staff just barely missing her shoulder.

She buckled, just barely avoiding a devastating swing from Makuta’s servant before wedging her staff between its legs in an attempt to trip it, twisting rapidly with the aid of her Kakama…

She didn’t hear much now, but she did hear the dry groan as the staff broke in two.

She tumbled across the floor from her momentum, by pure luck avoiding the Rahkshi’s next blow. She looked at the broken splinter of wood in her hand in panic… this creature’s power was immeasurable.

Her back was groaning again, she gritted her teeth and fought it as she got back to her feet.

She turned to face it again, her mind racing for a solution.

She could not overpower it, or outrun it, not with her injured back… but maybe she could outwit it.

She reached for her waist, unsheathing her small knife, and also reached for her quiver producing an arrow. The creature had robbed her of one of her senses… it was time to return the favor.

The Rahkshi hissed and lunged forward, swinging its weapon expertly to catch her in its wide range, while she tried her best to use her speed to its fullest and get closer.

She succeeded, lunging at the Rahkshi’s face with the knife and arrow, digging them into the Rahkshi’s eyeholes.

The Rahkshi wailed as its sight was painfully removed, but it was not done. Quickly regaining its concentration, it took advantage of her close position to it and locked her in a tight grip, squeezing her injured back like a vice.

She screamed again, at the top of her lungs, the pain in her wound grinding at her sanity, blinding her to all else.

“Make it stop… Mata Nui make it stop”

The Rahkshi hissed in triumph, victory was within its grasp, and it was going to savor it.

Her feet wrapped around one of its feet, pulling with all her strength, this time succeeding in tripping the Rahkshi over, both of them tumbling around each other… and making the Rahkshi lose its grip on its staff.

She felt it immediately, the dampening field grew weaker, allowing room for her power to flow, she could hear again, and never had she been so glad to know that. A triumphant fire erupted in her spirit as she moved to fight back.

She gripped the Rahkshi’s head in her hands, and poured her energies into her fingertips, seeing them almost blur from the massive burst of power.

But even that was nothing compared to seeing the creature’s head crumbled to dust before her eyes.

The last hint of a diabolical hiss reached her ears as the Rahkshi fell limply before her, defeated.

Her blood was pounding, her back was aching, her reserves were dry and her mind was clouded and tired… but she was alive.

She picked up the Rahkshi’s staff, weighing it in her hand… yes; this would make a suitable replacement.

She leaned on her new weapon, observing the carcass before her, and spit at the ground before it.

Supporting herself with the staff, she limped through Mangaia, keeping as quiet as she could to not be ambushed again.

She would have to get out of here quick.

OOC: 'Gray' is open for interaction, and she could really use some help

• Upvote 2

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...