BZPRPG - Kini-Nui

Nuju Metru

IC: Unnamed

He continued down the hallway, keeping up the pace. Then he heard it. A scream, maybe of a toa, echoed down the hallway. He stopped, almost stunned. Then listening, he heard the very quiet steps of a creature. Could it have been the rahkshi? Or was it dead?

He took no chances, and began to prepare his elemental power. The tunnel that he was in would T with the other. A small nook in the side of the wall looked, almost appealing. The toa hid in it, maybe he though, just maybe, he could spring out behind it.

OOC: You haz interact.

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

IC: 'Gray' (Mangaia)

To cling to life here in the deepest depths of dark depravity was not a pleasant experience, but it was one she would endure, if she knew anything about herself.

After the Rahkshi of Silence had blocked her hearing for so long, it had now returned in full force, letting her pick up on every single, solitary little noise at a volume tenfold of what it actually was, the not-so-silent taps of her new staff against the floor, her own loping footsteps and her erratic breath all melding together into an indescribable mess of background noise that skated past her attention like sand on a Kikanalo.

She continued to stagger forward slowly, wasting as little energy as possible.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

The steps grew louder. He peaked from his hiding spot, and saw all he needed to see. The tip of a rahkshi's staff peaked out as it moved forward. He activated his elemental power, increasing the gravity in the area, but he soon realized his mistake. It was simply a female toa. The unnamed one ducked behind the rock ledge and stopped using his element, hoping he had not been noticed.

When a sudden weight fell over her, she collapsed completely, dropping to the floor with a dull thud. Her staff cluttered out of her hand and she herself remained still on the floor, breathing, groaning as the pain in her back flared up again, if there was any sound that bore witness of an intruder, she didn't notice it.

She coughed as she got up on her knees, surveying the surroundings... nothing.

She forced herself back on her own two feet, still leaning on the staff, and took a heavy sigh before she continued walking.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Unnamed.

He kept silent in his small corner in the wall, only hearing the newcomer outside, and the barley audible sound of his breathing. Questions few into his mind. Why was someone else here? He felt the temptation to confront her, and ask, though he knew better. He would simply follow in the shadows. He hadn't been seen yet, and if he laid low, he might just be able to follow her without detection.

Mangaia was a quiet place, she had learned that much from her brief time down here, and in such a quiet place an insignificant noise suddenly became ten times as loud, which was especially a problem for her because her hearing was already very strong. And now she heard faint footsteps... someone was following her.

Her head snapped around as she moved quickly, the staff falling to the floor as she let go of it to get at her bow and arrows. In seconds she had an arrow ready to fire, her sharp eyes scouting the black depths for any sign of a stalker.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

She had heard him, but how? He had only managed to take a step out and she had already drawn and pointed a bow in the general direction of him. For a moment, the black toa looked at the newcomer. Hidden from view, he smiled. His armor provided some camouflage, while darkness did the rest. The toa focused his view directly behind her.

A moment later, a stone from the hallway that he had come from flew across and struck a wall with a considerable snap. Using the new noise to mask his own, he stepped backwards, making himself completely hidden from view.

Edited by Aurora the cat

She heard the noise alright, and she quickly turned around (with her whole body, her back couldn't take too much twisting). Once again her sight yielded nothing.

She looked in the direction she had been facing, a thoughtful and alarmed expression on her face. There was someone else down here, someone whom wished to remain undetected.

Well she wasn't about to let that happen.

She used her powers as a sonar, the soundwaves bouncing off the walls and reflecting to her, still nothing... wait.

There he was.

She sent a silent arrow right at him, not taking any chances.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

How had she seen me, wondered the unnamed toa. She had not taken any risks, and had already engaged. The unnamed one was not in the mood to fight, seeing has he had just come from one.

One person might have just dodged the arrow, a different one would have hidden behind a shield. He did something different. The toa soon began to manipulate the gravity in the room, increasing it. The arrow that the de-toa shot met with the ground well before it came close to where he hid.

The arrow thunked into the ground from an unnatural influence. Her sonic reading had given her the general image of a Toa, she guessed his power could be anything from Plantlife or Gravity to Iron or Magnetism, this was not a fight she could win.

So she was delighted to find he did not strike back, he merely evaded, after a moment's consideration she let go of her bow and raised her open palm, signaling nonviolent intent.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

The black toa stepped out from his hiding spot. For a moment he judged the shadowy outline of the figure in front of him. He activated his mask. A second later the lightstone that he had used earlier slid out from the bag that he had stashed it in, and illuminated the path before him. He shot her a quizical look for a moment, and then quietly spoke.

"Why are you here."

Edited by Aurora the cat

IC: 'Gray'

He was more of a phantom than her, in this environment anyway, and his mask was of a shape alien to her. His voice was sharp, demanding, she felt a little uneasy.

Once again, she used her artificial voice, using shorts words to waste as little of her elemental energies as possible.

"I... I was passing through"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"I... I was passing through"

The black toa thought on that statement. No fool would would use kini-nui as a way-point without a reason, and he knew that well.

"Passing through to where?"

Edited by Aurora the cat

She felt an immense sensation of relief upon seeing the other Toa turn away from her. She hadn't been getting a good impression of him.

She looked down to see the Rahkshi's staff, sighing. She knelt down, carefully, to not hurt her back more than necessary, it was a very stiff an awkward affair. She propped herself against the staff and turned.

She turned in the direction she had already been walking, and continued to stagger forwards through the depths of mangaia.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Syvra

Syvra could not help but hear the struggles going on. Though he ignored them for the most part. However he could hear footsteps coming down this tunnel and that he could not allow. Without hesitation he threw up a wall of plants to block off this tunnel and prevent unexpected visitors until echelon could arrive.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

She stopped when a wall of plants suddenly came into view before her, blocking her path further. She almost felt defeated there as she contemplated how to claw her way past this next obstacle in her path, she'd rather not risk going back.

She approached the plants carefully, studying them... they were very fresh, almost as if they'd been instantly been grown only seconds earlier.

"Who is there?" her artificial voice demanded.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

A devilish smirk came over Syvra as he commented

"You should have remained in Onu-wahi Gray. I can not allow you to pass."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Syvra brought a hand to his mask as he shook his head sadly

"I can not allow that. However I can offer you guidance. There is a tunnel not far from the way you arrived. It is semi-hidden and easy to miss. I can have Venixa lead you there. But I can not allow you to come down this way for your own safety."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Syvra nodded slowly and then laughed as he realized she couldn't see it. However in his mind he considered with Venixa as she searched for a corpse

Is that Kofo-Jaga corpse you used several days ago still there?

Hmm.. Yes yes it is.

Use that.

Understood. However you and i both know there is no tunnel.

Of course. But Lead her on. Get her far away from here.

Understood.

And then on the otherside of the wall a corpse began to dig it's way out of the dirt and then shoot it's head as it looked at Grey. In a rather cold tone Venixa said

"Follow me."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

He kept on course, and kept walking. Though the newcomer had been a distraction, the black toa had no interest in what her business being here was. Most people came to see the sights, though not many, for these caves held dangers that even he did not understand fully. He just had to keep moving. There where places to go, and people to see.

IC: Venixa

Venixa laughed as she heard Gray which coming from the corpse of a Kofo-jaga was an odd sound

"I'm a tiny Kofo-jaga.. Can't really move fast if I wanted."

However She lead on before mentioning

"What brought you here anyway?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"Foolish pride," she admitted, " I had too much faith in my own abilities, expecting to traverse this region unharmed"

"I was wounded in battle with a Rahkshi, though I defeated it in the end, my back is injured, and my staff was broken, so I have taken the creature's weapon as a replacement"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Venixa emmitted a soft chitter as she heard this

"Pride can do that to a person. Personally when Syvra travels through here he always creates these plants that give off a natural light. It does not keep the rahkshi away but he uses me. He will have me scout ahead to see if there are any. However You should have seen this one time.. He took down a Rahkshi using madu cabolo and stealth."

She said with such admiration in her voice. Almost like a schoolgirl crush

"However why were you here in the first place? Trying to pass through to get somewhere else? I mean there are other routes."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"Syvra must be a great warrior to defeat such a vicious creature" she remarked, before she forced herself to answering Venixa's question.

"I.. I was partly taking this route for its relative quickness, but also because I wanted to see the remains of Makuta's reign. His influence still lingers here"

She shuddered as she staggered after Venixa.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Venixa stopped in her tracks as she heard this

"Why were you so interested in Makuta exactly? Most would fear coming down here due to his influence."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

As he turned the corner, the black toa though he heard something. What was it in the distance, he thought? The unnamed one stopped, listening carefully. For a moment, he thought that it was just he paranoia, but then he heard it. Footsteps, and voices. He kicked a rock swearing. Was someone following him? He could only afford to assume the worst.

Quickly he stashed his lightstone next to the kraata he had collected earlier. He had to think fast. Looking to his sides, he looked for a nook in the wall like he had found earlier, but none where to be found. Then he looked up. A small out crop from where a small tunnel merged with the one he was in now stuck out. It was well placed, but the trick was getting up to it.

Using some aid with his elemental powers of gravity, the black toa quickly found himself looking down upon the tunnel, waiting to see who was behind him.

"The Makuta is beyond description," she said, "he must be seen to be believed"

Venixa continued moving on before commenting

"And why would you wish to see what remains of him?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"Curiosity killed the cat, I believe" she replied.

She remained quiet as she followed the Tryna-possessed corpse through the darkness. All this talking had taken its toll on her in her weakened state, and she needed to save her strength.

She still felt weak, and sluggish, struggling to stay awake as her injuries from the fight and her fatigue started to catch up with her.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Venixa laughed

"Luckily i am not a cat.. I am an insect."

However after walking a bit more Venixa came to a stop an stared straight ahead

"You know there isn't really a tunnel right? Or have you yet to discover this?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Venixa shook her little insectoid head sadly

"That you are wrong. He does care.. If he didn't he would have killed you there. Instead he gave you the chance to return from whence you came.. This tunnel you are in does lead to a main junction where several tunnels connect."

Syvra leaned against the tunnel wall as he pondered. He could feel the mental drain from maintaining venixa's form for so long. However this is why he had her choose a smaller form.. less strain allowing for a longer duration.. But he still could not deny the mental drain.

"Oh i hope she loses gray soon.."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"Hmm" was all she said in response as she followed Venixa towards the junction. If Syvra had actually seen her in her current state she could only wonder how things would have transpired.

"Will I need directions from the junction?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Venixa considered this as she kept moving

"As soon as you reach the junction take the tunnel directly to the right. follow it all the way without making any turns. When you can't go straight anymore go left and you will end up in Onu-wahi."

Venixa was silent for a long time before spreaking up

"And if you want to understand Syvra try looking up Ak'rei'an."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu