IC: Venixa

Venixa idly commented to Gray as the toa walked off

"Remember.. The shadows hold many mysteries.. yet they also hold wonders."

And with that Venixa removed herself from the corpse and returned to the mask

Well that was interesting.

Bout bloody time you came back.

Couldn't hold on much longer I take it?

And how could you guess that?

You're snappy. You only get this way when mentally exhausted.

Despite syvra not saying anything Venixa could tell he did not wish to talk further and instead she mentally seemed to relax in the mask as they drifted into silence again and Syvra destroyed the wall of plants and sat against the wall. He seemed content to enjoy a bula berry he idly created

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

• 5 weeks later...

IC: Syvra

Syvra yawned as he leaned against the tunnel wall. One of his greatest pastimes was waiting. Despite his behavior Syvra had had to wait and observe many times in the past and it did not bother him. Sometimes he would entertain himself by finding an insect, killing it, then reanimating it and killing it again. He found it highly entertaining watching the body try to reform itself when their was little to nothing left. But now that he had Venixa things were a bit different and he could not just activate his power whenever he wanted. But despite this having her as his partner had it benefits such as surveillance, multi-tasking since she could control a corpse and he would not have to worry about focusing on it. It truly offered benefits.

But now in the dark of Mangaia he sat in the darkness, his eyes roaming in hopes of catching sight of echelon before his actual arrival but right now it was just dead silence broken occasionally by the screech of a rahkshi,

OOC: Just a bit of a filler

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

• 3 weeks later...

OOC: No colour because filler and it is a nightmare coding the colours and italics on mobile.

IC: Greisk/Cyrena

Greisk had started out wary, but he soon realised the Dark Walk was secluded. There were no Rahi or anything in here. And somehow he knew that was weird.

It was eerily dark except for occasional light stones. Greisk was almost done with his fourth handheld one and was considering going back when the tunnel opened up into a large cavern.

Natural lighting from somewhere lit then place a dim red glow. Five other tunnels led off in other directions. He light have been fungus or lava from somewhere. Greisk didn't know.

He peered down at the map that he had washed ashore a week ago with. A thin dark line traced northeast from the centre of the island, leading to Ga-Koro.

Looking up, the Fa-Toa noted a carving made in crude Matoran along the sides of the branching tunnels. One read Ga-Wahi.

As he stepped over, he noticed disturbing signs that a battle had once occurred here. Pieces of plated, scaly armour with spikes; a crumbling stone wall on the middle of the room; scattered tools.

Greisk wanted to ask Cyrena for her opinion but she was strangely silent once they entered the Dark Walk. He ignored the detritus and walked to the tunnel ahead.

Edited by Just Norik

Syvra noted the faint sounds of footsteps in the distance. With a mild thought his body was enveloped in long, sickly looking black leaves that hid his identity and muffled his voice. Now as he stood within against the wall of the tunnel he waited till the being got closer before he did anything

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: Greisk

Hist. Do you hear that?

Greisk stopped mid-stride.

Activate the mask again.

Cyrena needed no encouragement. Greisk's vision flashed and changed again. A bright red circle was superimposed on the near wall.

Greek looked again. The outline of some dark leaves on the far wall was all he saw.

Phew, good thing-

Wait. We saw no life along these walls the whole way. This is out of place.

The Fa-Toa drew his Escrima sticks to a guard position as he took two steps back.

"Good day to be strolling the Dark Walks, eh?" He said aloud.

Edited by Just Norik

Syvra stepped out from the wall as his eyes glowed ominously in the dark. When he spoke his voice dripped like the sap of the bula tree, slow yet freely

"It is never a good day to be strolling the dark walks... Perhaps you should state your business here?"

What do you wish for me to do Syvra?

Nothing right now Venixa. Just be prepared to act.

Understood

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"A Toa's business is their own, unless trouble is what you're looking for. And you obviously are, so why were you spying on me, unless you have nothing to hide?" Greisk replied, his voice soft and with a hint of danger.

His mask... Looks odd.

You're one to talk. Your mask looks weird too- are you trying to trick me into saying I'm weird?

Trick? You are weird. But besides that, why would it look like you?

Neither had an answer to that.

Edited by Just Norik

Syvra merely stood his ground while a hand rested on his hip. With the slightest push of his mind he used his element to form tiny spores all around Greisk that when stepped on would release a fine cloud of vapor aimed at creating a coughing fit once inhaled along with slight numbless in the extremeties

"You mistake me for someone who cares. I have been here for two days now waiting. Truly I am more inclined to believe you are the one spying on me."

OOC: Venixa looks no different from any other mask.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

OOC: Um, take it that Greisk's mind is playing tricks on him.

IC: Greisk/Cyrena

I think the darkness and confines are getting to us.

Most likely. And don't you think you're little too confrontational?

Looking the Toa dead in the eye, he said,"I'm no spy. I'm just a traveller. What I'm doing is my business. Not being a threat is yours."

Greisk adjusted his grip and started to let his power flow into the sticks.

Syvra still kept his hand away from his weapon as he watched griesk carefully. His eye never left the other toa's eyes so as not to alert the toa to the vines that were forming behind him.. he would have to time this carefully

"you appear to be a toa yet you act like a skakdi.. is there a reason you are so eager to fight?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Greisk made no sign of it, but he suddenly stumped.

He's right. Why am I so cautious...

Uh Greisk? Something's weird. He's keeping his eyes on you. Like, strictly on you.

What's wrong? I am being a threat to him-

But he's purposely keeping his gaze to me. If he was threatened he would look around for anything to use in case I attacked.

Orrr he's messing with you.

Either way, something's wrong. Check the surroundings.[/i]

Greisk kept his eyes up. On the periphery of his vision he could see circles appearing over his vision near his feet.

I can't analyse something that's on the ground... Cyrena struggled.

Greisk looked down as if in resignation.

"You're... You're right," he said outwardly to Syvra.

"I'm sorry, I..."

Tin-can, they're spores on the ground. They've got a weird composition. They're volatile enough to explode with the merest contact.

I've got to look around.

"I don't know how to explain this. I'm sorry. It's just been so long..." Greisk mumbled some apologetic words as he looked to the side.

[/color]

Uh Greisk? there's vines Growing behind you.

"... Since somebody tried to threaten me. Call of your attack. Now. And we can separate in peace." Greisk turned back and looked Syvra dead in the eye.

Edited by Just Norik

OOC: *Groans* the spores are not volatile. They release a gas when stepped on

Syvra merely smirked under the cover of his leaves as he extended his arm holding it in place

"I think not. See I hold the cards in this fight. I have numbers on my side where as it is just you. I have the element of surprise on my side... What do you have?" He said in a rather dark yet mocking tone

With a mental signal to Venixa the body of a long dead skakdi warrior burst from the ground attempting to latch wrap it's mighty arms around Griesk. For you see syvra was no fool... be it random wanderer or rahkshi he had spent the last two days preparing this little section of tunnel. Bodies had been hidden, waiting for the moment Venixa would require them. Now Syvra took a step back as he unsheathed 'Akrie's thorn' and took a rather defensive posture

"You see little toa I am prepared."

And with that he lunged forward intent on digging his sword into his opponent

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

OOC: Whoops wrong usage of volatile. Derpy.

The Skakdi latched onto Greisk he moment Syvra charged. Luckily it had just enough mass to pull Greisk down when he let his legs buckle, causing Syvra to miss.

Greisk used the Skakdi's might to pull him down by the chest, and pushed his legs off as well.

Greisk pushed his sticks against the bottom of the Skakdi's arms and on top of its half-chest while magnetising them. Organic components in those long-dead arms had mostly rotted away but there were a few scattered pieces of magnetisable Iron left in them.

Greisk used the overall momentum to roll backwards. Caught between a heavy Toa in armour rolling backwards, and magnetic sticks pulling the triceps area of its arm to his chest, the undead Skakdi's arms ripped off.

Greisk fell on his front after that and pushed himself up. Using his powers, he levitated the sticks back to hand.

"Now, let's start again," he said, and propelled his magnetised left-hand Escrima stick at Syvra, which would attract and hit the metal armoured Toa if he got close.

Edited by Just Norik

Syvra smirked as he watched the events transpire.. However without hesitating Venixa summoned three more long dead bodies.. this time what appeared to be a toa, a vortixx and a single matoran. All three lunged at Griesk while syvra summoned a large group of vines underneath Griesk to hopefully ensnare his feet.. afterall he did not have to move to attack. However in his one free hand a large fruit began to form

"No no.. we already started,, no restarts you pathetic insect."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Greisk hopped away from the vines... And into the undead Toa. On reflex, he whirled and lashed out with his sticks.

"Good, because I'm not waiting for you!" He grunted.

The leering face, with bits of rotting flesh dripping, came off with the blow. The body still came after him, though, and Greisk kicked it over.

The undead Vortixx and Matoran moved towards Greisk.

He's keeping me at a distance so he can use his mask and plants. I need to get in close.

Greisk tripped the Vortixx and launched one of his wepons at the growing fruit in Syvra's hands which looked like a Madu.

Edited by Just Norik

Syvra saw the weapon coming at his hand, with a quick gesture he brought his forearm up to deflect the weapon with the blades he kept on his forearms. However as soon as that was dealt with he ripened the madu cabolo and threw it right at Greisk while taking several steps back himself awaiting the inevitable explosion.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

The Toa of Magnetism extended his hand and propelled his second weapon at the fruit to detonate it in mid air. Greisk tucked his legs in and leapt to the side.

The stick struck the fruit the resounding explosion deafened Greisk. He did not know where the second weapon was, but he saw the first and retrieved it magnetically.

The Vortixx and Matoran zombies still came after him. Greisk kicked toward the Matoran and swung his rod at the Vortixx, hoping to land a solid blow and distract it so he could move on to their controller..

Edited by Just Norik

• 2 weeks later...

Syvra raised his right forearm infront of him, creating a hasty shield of wood to deflect some of the explosion. He soon dropped the shield and instead lunged at Griesk with Akrei's thorn at the ready. As he neared griesk he called upon the wood wrapped shaft of his spear and threw it at Griesk relying on his control of plantlife to send it flying. Of course this was merely a distraction as he hoped griesk would take the time to swat the spear away giving syvra a chance to swipe his blade at Griesks side while two corpses ran besides syvra offering him support

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Syvra narrowed his eyes as he ran. He could see Griesk attempting to flee. With a push of his mind Syvra summoned vines in horizontal lines to slow his progress along with several vines along the ground to trip him up. Now as Syvra approached Griesk he swung his blade directly at Griesk's back attempting to dig the tip into his flesh

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Greisk pivoted on his heel and parried the sword strike with the rod. Pushing the Toa of Plant life away, he took the opportunity to levitate his second rod from the ground back into his hands.

Cyrena I need to see how I can tear these roots off quickly.

Okay, let's see...

Greisk's vision changes again, and he saw the weak points in the roots that were fast hindering him. Taking careful moves, he dodged or used his rods to rip away the roots, but he was slowed down and vulnerable again.

Syvra narrowed his eyes considerably as the toa attempted to push him away. The toa apparently having turned his back on Syvra was a horrible mistake. Calling upon his element he focused on the opposite side of the vine wall, creating a thick layer of bark so that even if the griesk cut through the vines he would still be stopped. However he now stared at the toa of magnetism for several long moments. With a wave of his hands Venixa let go of her control of the corpses as they sank back into the ground. Now it was just syvra versus griesk and as quietly as possible he ran towards Griesk's back attempting to dig the tip of Akrie's thorn into Griesk's exposed back

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC

Syvra and Greisk’s fighting was interrupted as tongues of shadow erupted across the latter’s body. The sensation that accompanied them at first seemed familiar - indeed, he knew it like the back of his hand: it was his own element, Magnetism.

But, with the inevitable force that followed, he realised something was different about this magnetism. Like looking at the back of your hand a second time, and this time seeing the skin crumble and decay, giving way to blackened bones whose sight transfixes you with horror all the greater for its former familiarity.

This magnetism felt corrupted - a chill touch, and one that gripped not only the metal of his mechanical parts and armour, but flesh as well.

The first step, establishment of control.

The second, exertion.

A force was suddenly applied to Greisk’s magnetised body, lifting him off the ground and gripping his limbs. The Fa-Toa had fought his own kind before, of course, and instinctively pushed back with his own power. Such grapples of element are governed by mental strength, and as he fought back against this alien magnetism he was met with a sense of the mind behind it: a will the like of which he had never encountered.

Such was the will of Echelon.

The Dark Toa stepped out of the darkness of the exit Greisk had hoped to take, one arm raised and rippling with shadows as he approached. Years of exclusive focus on the mind might have wasted his body, but they had left him with a will like tempered steel, a mind honed to the pinnacle of precision and control.

And as was plain for Syvra to see, this had now been taken to a new level. Echelon’s new appearance was black as night - except for his eyes, now a ghostly green that Venixa would surely recognise: she had seen that light before, in the hexagonal chamber in Mangaia’s depths, emanating from the crystal jar claimed by the same Dark Toa.

“I see you have brought company to this meeting, Syvra,” Echelon said. The magnetic hold on Greisk was suddenly released, and he dropped to the ground.

The subterranean air was still for a moment besides the slight echo of Echelon’s voice, with even Greisk shocked into silence by the sudden appearance - and also by a strange anticipation.

“Well. So have I.”

As he spoke these words, five more figures emerged from the shadows.

A slender Vortixx, whose left arm was clawed and feathered like some fell bird’s.

A Toa, toned and clad in armour that glinted in the reddish light.

A Skakdi on whose back was strapped a long rifle; both were killing machines.

A Lesterin, gaunter even than Echelon, adorned with strange talismans.

And a mountain of a man, a rare Kaiakan, with stature great enough to dwarf the largest Po-Toa.

“And here we are.”

• Upvote 6

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

There was another figure, skulking in the shadows to the right and a little behind Echelon, slightly moving and shifting her position, like a restless wraith. She was tall and lean; and wrapped in a black shroud and hood that blended her torso so well with the surrounding blackness as if they were woven from the darkness itself.

The Vortixx was in her element: A shade, staying out of the light.Despite her past accomplishments and deadly skills she was not as infamous as Echelon or Utu. Her name was not being passed between Toa talking about the villains they planned to take down, it was not put on posters to offer bounties to mercenaries.

And yet, she had accumulated a body-count that would more than justify it. The dead of Po-, Onu-, Ta- and Ko-Koro knew her name well. The living however...there were only a few among them who knew her and associated her with all the deserved horrors she had visited upon the pathetic Matoran of the island taking comfort in the lie of their false great spirit. Even the prosecutors in Ta-Koro who had incarcerated her probably did not the full extent of her activities. Nor did most of her new allies for that matter, safe for Echelon. And when it came to her origins, the Vortixx was an enigma, not just to the world, but also herself.

It was safe to guess that she hailed from the same place the other Vortixx on Mata Nui did. But whoever she had been before then, that person had long since been forgotten after the Makuta had taken her into his service.

She unconsciously flexed the fingers on her left hand. The appendage looked downright repulsive, covered in organic tissue that appeared as appealing as rotten flesh, growing feather-like extensions from its pores near her wrist and on her shoulder. The phenomenon began on her left hand, where she wore a glove, half made of metal and the same tissue that had fused with the flesh of her arm. It was bound to her form and it had granted her the ability of telekinesis. It was nowhere near the power level of a Toa’s element, but it got close to the power of a noble Kanohi Matatu. But she had only learned of that power later, after discovering a more subtle, yet far darker change the glove had triggered. The transformation had begun after she had obtained a glove, from a cavern hidden somewhere deep below the mountains of Ko-Wahi.

Her earliest memory on Mata Nui was waking up there, in the dim glow of some algae covering the rocky walls, next to a small, empty pedestal that had once held the object she had found herself wearing on her left hand. There had been a throbbing, dull pain that was slowly fading away. Tentatively moving her fingers, she’d found the feeling to be damp and slick, but not cold. It felt almost as if the skin underneath the metal and leather-like material had dissolved and she could feel each twitch of the muscles underneath, sinews flexing and sliding over flesh and metallic joints.

She had tried pulling it off again, but it had not moved. Neither gentle application of force or sudden yanking had yielded results; nor had peeling at the edges; and after several more attempts she realized that that it had indeed fused with her hand. She remembered kneeling on the cold stone floor of the cave, staring helplessly at her hand.

That at least explained the pain, but not what had happened or how she had gotten to this place. She barely could remember her own name, much less who she was before then. Yet despite being confused and horrified, she had not panicked or gone into shock. Her mind had only a basic grip of her own identity, but it held on. She had felt like she was about to go mad, but she did not. She felt like screaming, but she stayed silent. Her mind was racing, yet her thoughts were clear. The dull throbbing in her hand, synched to her heartlight’s rhythm was fast and steady. Maybe the glove was bad for her, maybe not, but in any case the priority had been to find a way out of the cavern. The alternative was dying from thirst, which would come far sooner than any solution to her problem.

Looking around, she started to scan the surrounding area for an exit, but could see none. Above her, the rocks were shaped in such a way that the cast shadows made it impossible to tell if there was an opening among them or not. With no other option left, the Vortixx had begun to feel her way along the walls and that was when she noticed that the surface of the rocks was not natural. Yes it was rough, but her fingertips could feel shapes underneath them that did not feel natural: straight lines, almost as if they had been chiseled. Intrigued, she had taken one of the fluorescent algae growing between the rocks and brought it to the shadowy area, revealing that most of the stone wall was covered in inscriptions. She could not read the symbols; she had never seen any writing like this before in her life and yet there was something oddly familiar about them. The more she looked at them, the more she seemed to understand. There were thoughts that had run through her mind and revealed the information to her, thoughts that had felt so alien, as if belonging to somebody else.

Use the glove...

But how - ?

Before she had completed the mental reply, the other thoughts showed her the answer, as if the symbols from the wall were talking directly to her. She had lifted her left hand and noticed that the leathery tissue of the glove had start to change...parts of it had begun to cover her wrist as well.

She concentrated on the next-best rock she saw and it began to float.

It had been enough to convince her to trust the rogue thoughts to lead her out of the tight spot she was in. They gave her the strength she had needed to survive, to find her way through the darkness. The more she had listened to them, the more the thoughts in the back of her head had become like a voice, a dark passenger sharing her mind. Not long after, her sense of time had gotten warped. Seconds, minutes and hours had lost their meaning in the blackness and then she walked safely on the paths through the shadows.

By the time she had returned to the surface, the Vortixx had lost her fear - And embraced the shadows. Her dark passenger had given her the means to survive and had shown her a new path and the truth. She had been eager to return to the light, but when she finally stepped back into it it had been nothing but bright.

Many are not as fortunate as you. Many have spent all their time in the light that they have become blinded. You will have to prove that you are worthy. Show them the darkness. Guide them into the shadows.

What if they will not listen?

Then make them listen! Destroy that which keeps them distracted from the truth; rid them of their false virtues and leaders and open their eyes and ears to the truth!

Kohra glanced toward Echelon and the others. The dark passenger had been gone for a long time now...but his teachings still rang true. The mission had not changed. They would force Mata Nui to see - they would open the Island’s eyes to the truth in the dark.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Syvra narrowed his eyes considerably as he watched the group emerge. Given that Echelon had foolishly given his name out he felt no need for the disguise as with a single flick of his mind the leaves vanished, exposing a toa of plantlife, blue armor so dark it was nearly black, with plantlife protusions sticking out of his body. However as he stared back at the group he knew any show of force would not be tolerated and instead he subtly sheathed Akrie's thorn at his waist and took a step back and out of the way. Yet even as he stepped back he could hear venixa in his head

Those eyes on him... I have seen them before.

Oh really now?

Yes. They are the same shade of green as that vial I told you about.

Hmm... this is a rather intriguing prospect. Perhaps that vial was some form of... enhancement?

One can only guess.

That is very true.

Now however his focus centered on Echelon. Syvra could easily tell the new power Echelon held. He had never seen magnetism like that before and this only served to pique his own interests. But this was a topic for another day

"Not so much company as uninvited guests... a pest really. Then again having spent the last two days here waiting, pests are things that would likely wander through."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

It seems fitting that the executioner should always wait in the shadows, never stepping forwards until he was called to perform his duty. Much as I have been made to do, in the years since I was brought to this island; I was an executioner for the shadows themselves, executing not only singular people but entire groups.

I wielded my axe against the neck of the Toa, and I attempted to force a yoke onto the shoulders of the Matoran. I was executioner, I was slave-driver, I was tactician, and now I am a shadow myself.

I am Karnakie. I was and shall be again a conqueror. I am still a warrior. A warrior in the shadows.

I have lived on this island for many years. Mata-Nui, the Matoran call it. Here, I was servant, though now I am free. For I sold my soul to the master of evil, so that I might succeed in the conquest of my homeland, and once I was finished I was to aid him as he had aided me. And now that master of evil has gone to places unknown to me. I suppose, then, that it might be true - that with strange aeons, even death may die.

But I aid him still.

I made a vow, and my vow must be kept. And so I - as an executor of the master of shadow's will and the executioner of his enemies - maintain his work, and in so doing maintain my own.

Though I loathe them, the shadows are my allies; and though I detest staying hidden, stealth has become my most important tool. And as I hide amongst the shadows I work with the shadows; and my fellow shadows and I shall serve to spread shadow across the landscape of Mata-Nui.

I shall lift my axe against the Toa, the Lesterin, and any others who have the power to oppose us, and I shall place a yoke upon the Matoran, the Vortixx, the Skakdi, and all those who can be made subservient to us. I shall bend them to our will and to that of our master. I shall bring order to this land just as I brought order to my homeland, and I shall execute the fathers of dissent just as I executed my own fathers.

My master's will shall be the driving force, and my allies and I, us shadows; we shall be the whip. And it now seems that we have a little pest to whip into submission. Not the one of plantlife, but the one that Echelon held. I stepped forwards, snorting. And I fitted both the Toa of Plantlife and our new prisoner with a look of contempt.

"I can't help but wonder why you couldn't take care of this pest yourself," I said, fixing Syvra with my glare. "I expected better."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:

"Pests do not normally give so much trouble." A voice spoke up in agreement with the speaker's companion, smooth as silk, but carrying with it an edge of steel. The speaker stood a few paces to Echelon's right, still as a statue in the dim light. His armor glinted slightly in the light, but at the same time, seemed half-merged with the shadows; It seemed almost as though the Toa's armor was of the night itself, the silver shaped around it. "Thus you are either a pest yourself, or arrogant. Neither bodes well."

The Fe-Toa's assessment of the situation was simple, and swift; Griesk was no real threat to much of anyone, particularly in his current condition. His armament, largely metal, indicated little skill with physical combat, an assessment cemented by the Toa's physique. With the presence of another Toa of Magnetism, the combatant was of no consequence. Syvra was little more; Armor shaped and intricate, a sword of unusual shape and symbolism, and an appearance tailored to look almost feral. Intended to be intimidating, no doubt. It failed in that regard. All the attempts at a carefully crafted appearance indicated vanity, and a need to appear more than he was. His words indicated much the same. Simple observation indicated over-reliance on elemental ability, a fact easily exploited. In short, a contact of little consequence.

This assessment was done silently, in a matter of seconds. No words were spoken, no change in posture. There was no need. Such movements were either posturing or preparation, and the Fe-Toa had no need of either. Preparation was for combat; If there was combat in these tunnels, it would not be a fight. It would be slaughter. Posturing was a tactic for those uncertain in their abilities, those who needed to induce fear in their target. Those who postured for intimidation did so because they themselves are nothing more than a living bluff, too uncertain to function without their bravado. Such 'warriors' fell quickly, as soon as their false courage failed them.

Not a move Eisen made was posturing. It never was. When he uttered a threat, it was real. When he drew his sword, he meant to use it. When he prepared himself, he was certain of battle. All else was unneeded; Impractical. Form followed function, function was practical, and practical was exactly what was needed to accomplish a given task. Nothing more, nothing less. Form would not intimidate. Action would intimidate. Form would not kill. A blade would kill. The greatest flaw, above all else, was the need for unnecessary complication. On the field of battle, no one would car what you looked like; Only how you fought. Facades were for buildings and deceit. Neither fell within the Fe-Toa's realm of expertise. His skill set was meant to plan, execute, and complete objectives. All else did not matter until the mission was complete. The world was simple; Action, reaction, on until infinity. The chain of events is easily unraveled when pared down to its most basic, fundamental truths.

Eisen fell silent once more, observing what was before him. There was no need for further speech. Not yet.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Agrona - Kini-Nui - Mangaia

I run my hand along Echlon's side teasingly as I brush past him, "It would seem that your pest has cause a little more than an annoyance." I say, glancing to the Toa of Plantlife. I turn my attention to the Toa of Magnetism, suspended by Echelon, moving closer to him. I draw my knife made from bone, adorned with beads which clink softly against the hilt. My warm entrancing voice sounds, my tone pure and inviting, "If you cry out, you will be opened up," I meet Griesk's gaze and I smile, my sharpened incisors appearing.

Power - as we know - is as fickle creature. It has a mind and matters of its own that adhere to no one. Power changes with the time and circumstance as it chooses, with no regard for those too weak - or unwilling - to change with it. Many have attempted to tame power to no avail. And in a world that has developed a habit of changing as often as the sun sets, this fickle beast is once again prepared to change hands.

I have heard those that consider themselves to be prophets or philosophers speak on the nature of power as if they found a way to cheat the system. Some say power is maintained through an iron fist. Others claim that power cannot come into your hand if it is closed. From politics to pillaging and from economics to embezzlement, many a thinker believe that they would outsmart power. As if they themselves could correct or control it through a series of tricks or crackpot theories. But I know that this animal should not be leashed.

I myself have looked power in the eye and wept. The beast can not be tamed.

Power, in the purest form, is a chaos. Not even Echelon can wield it.

Trembling in the darkness at the fear it inspired, I cried out to the shadows, praying with a servant's heart, begging for it to make me its mistress. But power has made me more than a simple mistress.

My name is Agrona, and I am power's queen.

My voice becomes sharp and chilling in an instant as I address Griesk once more, "If you have anything to say meat, speak now."

• Upvote 2

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Syvra stared at those who spoke up regarding his predicament. He loved how these... these followers of Makuta could so easily speak as if they would have had no issue killing this toa. Of course it is easy for them to claim it when they have the clear advantage in terms of number. Yet walking in here as if they had been here the whole time, been here during the whole fight. That was just plain egotistical and something Syvra had no desire for.

Yes during Syvra's time he had been known to have a fair bit of pride but he never shoved that pride and ego down another's throat. Those who spoke now were merely fragile vases, their ego, the intricate paintings on the vases. Yet once you look past the paintings there is not much substance to these vases, merely a hollow inside desperately attempting to be filled.

Even with his views of this group he knew when words were wasteful. They had already taken their view of Syvra and Syvra was smart enough to know that no amount of words would change their views and due to that he merely kept his mouth shut and remained against the wall of the tunnel, Intent to let them do with Griesk what they want. If it helped to stroke their ego well by gum who was he to stop them?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

OOC: Didn't Echelon already drop him? Never mind. He's screwed either way. :P

The Fa-Toa silently surveyed the group of newcomers. Although he did not know how he knew, but he could tell that every single one of them were highly experienced and dangerous.

Of course, the fact that the Lesterin was about to gut him like a meal probably gave it away.

Greisk was more interested in the other Magnetism Toa. Jet-black except for his glowing-green eyes.

Interesting. I can't remember much from my past. But that touch. I've never encountered anything like that.[/color]

G-G-Greisk, I ha-have to sh-shut-

Cyrena?

S-something's wrong. I c-ca-ca-can't co-communicate tele-tele- it hurts!

Something's wrong.

I ha-have to shut of-off. I-i'm sorry. The power-something wrong

Okay, I understand.

Greisk felt Cyrena's presence slip away. He instantly felt a little weaker, almost as if his mask no longer supplied much elemental energy.

Greisk looked into the murderous woman's eyes. He knew she wanted the satisfaction of watching her meat beg for mercy, or defiantly spit at her, or something. Greisk did not want to give her satisfaction either way.

"There's nothing I can say that would change your mind if you want to kill me. So I won't bother. Go ahead." He answered levelly.

All this for medical supplies and Po-Koroan smokes.

OOC: Is that how levelly is spelt?

Edited by Just Norik

OOC:

I missed that, that's my bad. How I missed that I do not know. :P

I move closer to the Toa of Magnetism, "Ooh," I coo at him, "In tune enough with your surroundings to know when to step down," I begin to circle him, "That is a skill even the most brilliant of warriors do not boast," Our eyes meet, and I smile warmly, "What is your name Toa?"

Edited by Palm

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC

Echelon gives the signal, so I step forward. Out of the corner of my eye, I see the others move as well. They are dark and menacing, even as I must also appear. My armour is thick and my body is strong: I have carefully constructed myself over a thousand years to better perform the tasks set to me, and the consequence of my labour is strength and bulk that many find intimidating.

Oh- I apologize. I have forgotten to introduce myself. My name is Rorg. I am a Skakdi.

And I can predict with 96% accuracy that I know what you are thinking: you think that I am a brute. A typical Skakdi thug with a name that sounds as though you are gargling each letter before spitting it out.

Allow me to correct you, if you please. Do not let my name deceive you. Although my name may catch in the back of your throat, and although the majority of the Skakdi population on this island prefers to adhere to the stereotype of a brainless mountain with spines and a nasty temper, you would be wise to not be led to believe the same of me.

How do I put this without sounding as though the Great Mine could not fit my ego? It is difficult, but I shall try, for your sake. It is a principle of mine to educate others where possible, for I believe ignorance is a disease. A rot of the brain, if you will.

I am a man of intellect and taste. Or, at least, a man of intellect. You may dispute my taste, but you would be unwise to dispute my intellect, as it most certainly exists. 99% of the people I speak to are immediately convinced of my intelligence, but you would be hard pressed to locate many of them, as 85% of the people I speak to wind up deceased not long after.

There is a correlation between those two figures, just in case you are not able to deduce it for yourself. I do not speak often, but when I do, it is for a reason. Often, the reason is that the person I am speaking to is a) a target, or b) in my way. Both of these are identities dangerous to assume. I am a patient man, especially when compared to the majority of my species, but I am not forgiving. There is a difference.

I am that difference.

I trust that I have sufficiently made the lesson clear to you now. If not, there is obviously no use in speaking further with you. But I will leave you with one last piece of advice that you are hopefully intelligent enough to understand. Remember it. Meditate on it. Commit it to the tablets of your heart. I promise that it will come in useful should you, like these pathetic beings cowering before Echelon, have the pleasure of finding yourself in my company at some point before you die:

Do not get in my way.

Edited by Talula Does the Hula

OOC:

I missed that, that's my bad. How I missed that I do not know. :P

I move closer to the Toa of Magnetism, "Ooh," I coo at him, "In tune enough with your surroundings to know when to step down," I begin to circle him, "That is a skill even the most brilliant of warriors do not boast," Our eyes meet, and I smile warmly, "What is your name Toa?"

Greisk saw no reason to be hostile. Seven against one. If he fought, it would be barely a tussle.

Greisk responded to the Lesterin, now speaking in a warm tone.

This lady is nuts.

"Nothing relevant to you," he answered.

"Hm," there's a lull in her step, "But you are relevant to me," Agrona moves closer to him, lifting the bone knife up to his face, "You are very relevant right now, with all these eyes on you." Despite maintaining a warm and kind quality, there are undertones of malice on her tongue as she continues, "Darling, you may very well be a victim of circumstance, but that doesn't make you unimportant," She gives another inviting smile, "Besides, you should never be afraid to speak," Agrona runs her finger along his abdomen, dragging it across his to side, "You never know when you will get another chance."

Agrona opens her palm, allowing her hand to rest on Greisk's waist, "So I will ask you again." She looks up to his face again, whispering, "What is your name?"

Edited by Palm

| BZPRPG Profiles |

"Well Toros," she makes no move to get closer to the Toa, "Your cooperation is very appreciated here," Agrona's voice becomes slight harder, "Most people try to make things difficult for us. They scream and shout, and sometimes try to fight," she glances at her companions, "I know it might seem like there is no hope with this many of us but I would like you to know Toros," her attention returns to the Toa of magnetism, "We aren't going to kill you."

She starts to move closer to him again, "But I will ask that you would please drop your weapons for me."

OOC:

Mobile, no formatting.

| BZPRPG Profiles |

Syvra turned his head slightly to regard the one named Agrona. In his eyes she was one who used her form to lure her prey into a false sense of security before striking mercifully. In many ways she is like a Shallows Cat. Now as he listened to her offer this toa of magnetism the chance at life he could not help but grip the handle of Akrie's thorn a bit. Why allow such a pest to live is beyond him yet in this group he had no say and did not wish to create any more issue than there already was

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"No, you wouldn't be stupid enough to attempt to escape," Agrona says with a little eye-roll, "And you wouldn't be stupid enough as to believe that
you are in a position to negotiate either would you?" Her face becomes sharp and commanding, "I told you to drop your weapons Toros. Don't waste any more of our time."

Edited by Palm

| BZPRPG Profiles |