BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:   Rylak's instinct told him to back away from the hand, and ready his hammer. He failed on the latter, fist noticeably clenching down on the hammer's handle. What are you doing? As his mind recognized the gesture, he eased his grip. He's just trying to help, try to act natural. 

"Rylak." He nearly sputtered out in the awkwardness of the situation. Rylak almost lunged for the Matoran's hand, as if to rectify any insult he may have caused.

OOC: Thanks for that.

Edited by Phauxx Lightning
phauxxblack2.jpg

IC-Tor-Ta-Koro

Tor shakes his hands but not after his own reflexes due to his training almost make him do the same thing that Rylak did. 

Nice to meet you Toa Rylak .

His forge has a weapons rack  next to it and on one of the racks is his swords razor sharp and ready for battle but they don`t look brand new they them selves like Tor have some battle scars .

OOC-No problem.

Edited by TheMegazordman1

IC:   This Matoran has heart, and spirit. I would hate to see his confidence be the end of him. Rylak looked upon Tor with growing admiration. "You have courage, Matoran, and a warrior's spirit that few possess. But the type of peril I seek is not something most Toa can withstand. I would hate to see you perish from it."

Rylak gave him a smile, no longer one of pity, but one of admiration. He turned from the Matoran, and began to make his way into the heart lively Koro, bustling with commotion. As he departed, he called out over his soldier. "I hope we meet again, Tor!"

phauxxblack2.jpg

IC:   Rylak wasn't too surprised about Tor's. He spun around, kneeling down to be closer to the Matoran's eye level. He stared at him, a stoic expression on his face in an attempt to convey his seriousness. Despite the Matoran's tenacity, he couldn't allow Tor to join him.

"Tor, I have no quest for you to join me on. When I do find something, I cannot be protecting you throughout." Rylak sighed, breaking eye contact in his frustration of his own actions. "It just wouldn't work."

phauxxblack2.jpg

IC:   Rylak's look grew stern as the conversation drew on. His irritation on the subject crept into his his voice, as he no longer spoke with the softness he once head. "Tor. I will not have my endeavors be the death of you. Or anyone else for that matter. Not again...."

His voice drifted off again, and his face loosened in as if in shock. "I... don't want to see another dead Matoran. Ever."

phauxxblack2.jpg

IC:   Despite his sadness of sending away someone with suck eagerness, Rylak was relieved to seem the Matoran go. It was a harsh world, and he'd rather have companions that he'd be more confident of their survival.

Rylak continued on throughout the Koro, searching for adventure, danger, and what the island had to offer to him.

phauxxblack2.jpg

IC: Chivinix

Chivinix stood by as he waited for the treatment of wryu to be completed. He would not let the toa out of his sight for she still owed him for not letting her die in the forest in the first place. And so he waited, like a vulture will wait for it's prey to die, but instead wishing for it's prey to survive

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC (Mariko):

Mariko was sitting on the bunk in the empty cell when Draeverian found him again. The dark Toa was leaned slightly forward, one arm placed on his knee, propping up his torso, the other held loosely, fingers still wrapped around the syringe. He had a dark look on his face and was obviously pondering on thoughts that were equally grim, judging by the way he was glaring at the floor. He had spent the last few hours going over every detail in the cell and the corridor, trying to find out more clues.There had been no interruptions, since the majority of guardsmen were swarming all over Ta-Koro to deal with the damage that the Skakdi's attack had caused. It had allowed him to work with complete focus, but beyond mentally recreating the inmate's escape, there was little to go on. Which made Draeverian's arrival fortunate.

He looked up as the Toa of sonics entered. Draeverian's head turned to him. 

"So...do you know what it is?" he asked. Mariko slightly shook his head. "Not exactly; but I have a strong suspicion."

He looked at his companion for a few seconds, then turned back towards the floor. "Tell me what you remember of the escape and this old friend of yours."

The Toa of Sonics grimaced, but then began to recount the events after he and Mariko had parted ways in the village before the attack. When he had finished, Mariko stood up and walked up to him. He handed the other Toa the syringe. "This little concoction...is based on Antidermis."

IC: Draeverian

DJ peered down at the syringe in his hand, as if trying to find some clue as to what this 'Antidermis' was despite his blindness. With a groan he turned his head back to Mariko as he bluntly asked
"And what is Antidermis?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Bohrei [Ta-Koro Hospital]

The Skakdi flashed the Toa a look of deepest skepticism.  "For both our sakes, I'm just going to assume you're trying to provide a possible motive for the culprits.  No, there is no treasure in the Suva."  And even if there were, I doubt the killer would have had any interest in it.

IC: Mekana

Mekana's eyes went wide and innocent. "Yeah, possible motive..." Mekana wondered if the pain meds were making her slip up, she really didn't want these people to know about her uh...more unsavory activities. 

"What is in the Suva then? Anything at all? A secret passageway?" 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Bohrei [Ta-Koro Hospital]

IC: Ophaim

"We have a visitor."

She blinked.  True, she thought she had heard a bang from a few rooms over, but - no, it was nothing.  Perhaps the day was starting to catch up with all of them.

Mekana's eyes went wide and innocent. "Yeah, possible motive..." Mekana wondered if the pain meds were making her slip up, she really didn't want these people to know about her uh...more unsavory activities. 

"What is in the Suva then? Anything at all? A secret passageway?" 

"A secret-" Wonderful.  She not only knows nothing about the crime, she knows less than nothing about the scene.  She snapped her notebook shut and turned her gaze on the Toa. 

"No.  To the best of my knowledge, there are no secret passageways in the Suva.  What there is is a crime scene.  I don't particularly care if you want to go chasing treasure stories in your spare time - and unless you dug up a body in the process, there wouldn't be much I could do even if I did.  But right now, if for no other reason than respect for the dead, I ask you to shelve the flights of fancy."

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC:

Angelus grumbled and tapped her nose in return before rolling over on his back. The Captain of the Guard let out a half-stifled breath and then attempted to sit up. His spine straightened, straightened, straightened... and then he fell back onto the bed beside Kino, playful smile reaching the Toa of  Fire's half-lidded eyes.

"Don't think it's happening. You're gonna have to sit up with me," Angel suggested innocently.

-Tyler

IC: (Kino Iho)

I smiled, moving to Angelu's side and sitting up with a yawn. "Alright, so what's this breakfast place you're talking about?" I asked, looking lazily back to Angelus. I did chuckle a little earlier, when Angelus hadn't quite been able to move. We couldn't stay here much longer, both of us needed to get back to HQ.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

Rynekk was silent for a long moment after the Matoran spoke. After all, what could he say to something like that? Could he offer false promises of hope, give paltry gifts of pity and sympathy?

Too bad Hari isn't here; she'd know what to do.

"The worst part is the not knowing, isn't it?"

It took the Toa a moment to realize that he was the one who had said that.

"When someone dies, you know that they're dead, that there's no going back for them. There's a sort of closure, I guess you'd call it. But when a friend goes missing, you never have any of that. You're just left with questions: are they dead, are they alive? Do you go back for them or press on ahead? What could you have done differently? Should have done differently? Would they want you to leave them behind or rescue them? There are so many questions."

He never stopped his advance.

"Always with the questions...."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

Destruction wasn't new.

The Vo-Toa had seen more than a bit of destruction in this village already; that was nothing new. Arriving after the fact was. The last few times he;d been there, destruction had followed. Sometimes caused by others, a few times by himself. But slipping into the village now, seeing the effects of a conflict he'd had no part in... He wondered how that Ta-Koro Deputy felt, or if she even knew yet. Hard to say. He hadn't exactly been acquainted with her thoughts.

The heat was the same, though. Enough to make him wish he wasn't wearing a cloak. It was necessary, however. He was a wanted man, had been for quite some time. Not for actions he himself had committed, technically speaking, but he had no proof of that, nor an effective defense. Neither one would have defended him against any guards that recognized him, either. Better Ta-Wahi than Ga-Wahi, though. Not as many people knew him.

Wordlessly, the Toa kept moving through the streets, alert for anywhere he could help, or any dangers to himself.

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Well, that was interesting.

The Toa of Magnetism jumped down from the roof of his (parents') household, having been check to see if they were, you know, missing anything.

They weren't! Karz yeah. No screwing around with roofers and all that whatnot. Money in the bank.

Now what, though? He wondered. A very good question. Wasn't like he could go after that div who knocked him in the gabber. Their escape route was literally rubble.

You know what? He was going out to eat. He was gonna go treat himself to a little slice of home.

He needed that plantain-y goodness.

Off to Jerval's.

helo frens

Loren-Ta-koro- Hospital

IC: With a groan the Toa of Sonics slowly woke. A low ache emanated from his lower back where the shrapnel once pierced his skin. For several seconds he simply sat there as the entire fight came back to him. Vibrations started to emanate from him as he balled his fists, anger all but suffusing the room.

Twice. That Makuta begotten Skakdi got away from me twice.

Raising from the bed he Loren winced slightly as a jolt of pain ran through the new scar tissue on his body. One more scar, one more wound that had not been inflicted on a civilian. He had dealt with them before. As long as he did not stress it too much he would be fine until it fully healed.

Belting on his swords and drawing his cloak around his shoulders the Guardsman exited the room, making his way to the front desk. The Matoran receptionist recognized him, Loren had been to this hospital many times. Either as a patient himself or visiting somebody who was. As such getting discharged was too difficult. The doctor who worked on him had placed him down as "Needing time to heal" and the receptionist knew that the Guardsman was not the sort of being to open still healing wounds by pushing himself too far.

With a nod nd a sack of widgets left behind as payment the Toa of Sonics was out the door and on his way back to the Guard Headquarters. People still needed help after that running battle. Even with all of Loren's efforts, one Toa could not stop every injury or protect every building.

After that though, it was time to Train.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC (Korero)

On seeing Kongu, Korero gave the Akiri a nod of greeting and a small, restrained smile. Though he was pleased to see his friend and village-leader, people had died. A certain amount of solemnity, for now at least, was proper.

"I'm sorry we couldn't do more to protect your village, Jaller," he apologised on behalf of his Brothers and Sister. "But I promise you this: we will bring those Skakdi to justice."

He looked to Sulov, who stood to his left.

"Did you manage to get a trace on them, Brother?"

Edited by That Ghosthands is a spy

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

"Jungle Jerval's Fruit Bar." Angelus put one hand up on the bed and sat up again fluidly (clearly his earlier reluctance had been for show, an uncharacteristic display) next to Kino. "Owner's a little...mysterious...but the service is friendly enough and the plantain chips...mmm...the plantain chips are hearty enough to keep you going all the way through to a late lunch. My treat."

Looking at her, he fought a little grin and gave up. Kino's eyes were fully open, grey and soft, and her face had a healthy glow in what light the curtains couldn't put a block on. Unbidden, he leaned into a quick kiss; when they parted, the two Toa each stood and followed their own paths towards getting ready for the day, Kino sauntering - Angel couldn't help but notice how fit she was; even though he had stirred first she moved like she'd been waiting for him to wake up for hours - through the apartment while Angelus fixed his armor and looked for his Captain's badge. 

-Tyler

Edited by Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Gavarm knew uncertainty like the blood seething in his skull. Rynekk was correct: the possibility that Gavarm could've saved Kol haunted the colonel to this day. Yet Kol was only the half of it. The flip side of the coin was the incontrovertible reality wherein he had consciously betrayed another friend, a truth that persisted like ice in his marrow. That, though, was not a story he could tell Rynekk about. In fact, Gavarm wondered, could he ever tell anyone? Would there be a day when he'd be able to confide in a companion possessing true loyalty and discretion?

Yes, but that day was not today.

"Yeah," Gavarm agreed at last. "Fact is, though, Ah still got mah own buncha chuckleheads," he said with a grin, thinking of his squadron, "an' that's bettah 'n just them questions, durned if it ain't."

I nod and track Thok. He's moving, farther than the Abettor and in an unmapped area. Only place on the island I didn't map.

Mata H. Nui.

"They're in the Vault."

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC:   Rylak found himself, once again, aimlessly making his way through the Koro. Despite the near-frantic movement of an assortment of people through the streets, and despite the anxious whispers of something yet to come, no one would needed his assistance. No one had any need for the Toa.

Shame. I would love to hit something right about now...

phauxxblack2.jpg

IC:

Rynekk smiled at the Matoran's words, remembering his own "buncha chuckleheads". Seems like a lifetime ago since we were all together. Juturna gone, Naona and Hari off on training missions, Krayn back to his wind-riding duties, Dehkaz ... being Dehkaz. Just Kale and him were left of the old Guard now. How the times had changed, hadn't they?

"Yeah, I suppose so," he said, before adding in mischievous tones, "But to be fair, those questions are pretty ###### company, aren't they?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:  "Uhgreed, ol' sport. Ah have had stranga bed-fel-lows, though," he said with a chuckle, the drawling of the idiom providing it literal substance beneath the figurative surface. "When Ah'm not with mah pals, Ah've bin known ta take desprit meazuhs."

"Desperate measures?"

"B'friendin' a lil' ol' birdie bah th' name o' Onua."

Edited by Own Personal Quixote

[Profiles]

IC: "Raht. Whale, when Ah came around, they call me 'Onuvarm'--Onu cuz Ah was Earth an' -varm cuz it comes from ol' Skakdi for 'fruitful,'" Gavarm explained matter-of-factly. "A blessin', lahk all good names, Ah suppose.

"Let me tale yew, Ah lahk that blessin' an' Ah lahk where Ah am. Onu-Koro is pretty darn cool if ya wanna do y'all's some scahnce an' race Ussals. Ah can nevah stay in one place too long, though, so one day, Ah up an' move ta Ta-Koro," he went on cordially. "Ah lahk th' lava-surfin', too, but Ah also git a lil' bored and left.

"Ah do that with all th' Koros 'fore Ah came back. Last on th' list's Ga-. Thang is, though, Ah love swimmin', sailin', sellin', even th' people. There's always sumthin' up an' there ain't a day that goes bah there Ah'm bored,," he confessed earnestly, "Cuz o' them boats. Still ain't. So, Ah visit darn about every otha day.

"Things're lahk this fer a while," Gavarm resumed. "One day, though, Ah tell everybody Ah'm gonna join th' Ussalry. A friend goes, 'Y'all sure 'bout that, Ga-varm?'

"It was a cute lil' joke. An' that cute lil' joke stuck lahk a barnacle ta a ship 'til Ah made it mah name. How 'bout yours?"

[Profiles]

IC: Saeren

"According to several of the patients I treated back at the square," he paused in his reply to Ril as a few popping noises came from the patient, probably her armor returning to its original shape, "the carnage is limited to the area around lavapool and the immediate path the attackers took out of the Koro." He waved a hand towards one of the one of the guardsmen a short ways down the street. "They would know better than I."

The doctor stood up, and gave a brief bow to the group before hurrying off at the behest of another Matoran aide. Saeren knelt down and put out a hand to help the patient up. "I don't think I asked you your name."

Edited by Zox Tomana

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

IC:

"Came from my great-grandfather, actually. He was a legendary warrior, apparently; one of those 'wandering the Earth, doing good deeds' type of heroes. His name, Rynekk, comes from a story in which he was fighting a group of bandits who were trying to rob a bakery.

"Well, he managed to hold most of them off for a good long while, and the crooks were almost about to back off when they're leader, a Skakdi, hurled his flail at him. Now, he was still trying to keep a couple of persistent buggers from knifing the store owner, so he wasn't paying too much attention; the flail flies across the room, tears right through my great-grandfather's neck until there's nothing but a few tendons 'tween his head and his shoulders.

"Him, he barely even notices. He just grabs a loaf of bread, shoves it under his head, walks over and rips the Skakdi's arms off before going off to find a healer. This was a long time ago, back when the Code wasn't so picky about what you could do to a criminal, and from then on he was known as Rye-Neck the Ripper. But that gets to a real pain to write, so he ended up just becoming Rynekk."

"Are ya serious?"

He shrugged. "You know how these stories are. Hyperbole's drawn to 'em to like bees to honey. Probably wasn't nearly so exciting in reality. But it's a good legend, anyway, so no real harm done."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Wyru

For once in which seemed like a long time, she could breath without it feeling like a dagger was stuck in her windpipe. There was no pain as she got out of her bed, just a whoozy and heavy feeling, like she had been a sleep for a long time.

For a moment, she was confused to see Chivinix standing there and then she remembered she still owed him her part if the bargain. Despite knowing him for only a short amount of time she assumed it would probably be something involving his appetite. She just hoped it wasnt herself.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

IC:

When I'd been looking for an adventure, I hadn't been expecting the universe to go the whole ham.

The husk of the Lavapool Inn slumped before me, coughing smoke like a dying man coughs up blood, slowly crumpling under its own weight as the cracks grew and grew along the supports. Th city was strangely quiet, and the Guards, healers, rescue workers, and citizenry all laboured in silence. Whether it was sheer shock which held their tongues or a subconscious due to the dead was beyond me. I've never known much about the human condition. It could be something completely different for all I knew.

But that's why I was silent.

I'd come here ... I'd come here to find some sort of adventure. I'd hiked all the way from Le-Koro, expecting to find some glorious new start to my life. Instead, I found the conclusion of so many others, gutted like Lavapool. I wondered how such a thing could happen, could happen now. Ta-Koro had weathered hundreds of years of Makuta's oppression, had survived his final assault with the Rahkshi, and now, in an age of peace, its security was breached?

My finger brushed against the circle of gold in my pocket; the medal I had received in recognition of my help against the Dark One's sons. I remember feeling so proud when I received that, as though it were validating that I could in fact help people.

Now it felt like a lead weight on me.

I walked down the street, focusing on adjusting the straps of my pack so as to keep my attention from the people around me. As cowardly as it was, I couldn't bear to look at the heartbreak. It was if by ignoring it, I could pretend that it had never happened. That it all wasn't happening. But the smell of smoke was everywhere; it was a constant reminder of what I had failed to protect Ta-Koro from.

This lack of attention is probably what led to me bumping into that Toa.

"Sorry mate," I mumbled, backing up to get a better look at him (and to keep my distance in case he was a particularly violent individual), but there wasn't much to look at. Most of his figure was concealed by a long cloak, allowing only flashes of gold and blue to be revealed. The hilt of a sword and the neck of guitar poked out from behind him, and I numbly wondered, Do bards really have it that bad nowadays?

Which, given the situation, was a pretty intelligible thought, in my opinion.

"Uh, yeah, um, sorry about that, mate," I repeated, a little louder. "Must not have been paying attention."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Mekana covered her mouth with her hands. "Oh....I'm sorry I....I didn't know it was a murder..." Mekana felt a bit stupid for running her mouth about treasure and what-not, she once again blamed the meds for that as well. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Gavarm knew exactly how hyperbole worked to lionize or defame men, having watched the rise and fall of Kyju first-hand, and he idly wondered how positive or negative exaggeration of his deeds would build his colonel's legend. His tenure was still inchoate--in fact, he realized with dawning enlightenment as he meandered through the though, this mission was his first major action in his exalted rank. He supposed that was something of note. Regarding things of note, what time was it, anyway...

Time for me to talk to Rynekk.

"Speakin' o' good legends, how'dja get inta th' Po-Koro forces?"

[Profiles]