BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Chivinix

Chivnix stared down at Wryu as she stired away, standing over the bed like some dark angel

"Good, Flame is awake."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC:

"They're in the Vault."

IC (Oreius)

The first question on Oreius' mind was "How?" The Maru had scoured Makuta's lair for a key to the mysteries that lay beyond the Vault's impenetrable door, to no avail. Their powers were of less use than they had been against the Makuta; forced to acknowledge defeat, their sole reassurance was that if they couldn't get in, surely no one else could.

Evidently, they were wrong. And now the Piraka, already dangerous enough on their own, had gained access to secrets and power the likes of which the island had never seen. The last artefacts brought forth from the Vault had been their six Toa Stones, containing the very essence of the First Toa, the same essence that now flamed in Oreius' chest, alight with righteous anger. If these six Skakdi got their claws on similar power...

The outcome was too grim to contemplate, so Oreius shook the future away and returned to the present. There would be time enough to plan for the worst later. They had information; now they needed to move.

IC:

"Oh, bother." Reordin gritted his teeth and cursed again, louder and more profane this time. His head was still throbbing in his hands. His leg was recovering after the work Sulov and Leah had forced him to get on it, but the Toa Maru of Ice was still forced to move gingerly, a precautionary measure he was thoroughly unused to - and unhappy with. "Can't we just close the Dark Walks and let them stew a while? Didn't one of the villages do it? Was it Po-Koro? Onu-Koro? We lock them underground, wait for the afterglow for whatever they find down there to wear off, muster our forces, and then tunnel in ourselves. We follow the Walks, lay siege to the Vault, go home."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"Not exactly a good legend," Rynekk said with a wry smile, casually shooting a shard of stone at an oncoming pirate's exposed shoulder, "but I suppose I could tell you.

"Well, you remember my story about Tadris and I finally escaping the 'Vika, right? Well, once we'd managed to get past the guards and swim to the safety of Ga-Koro, the two of us got to thinking about what to do with our newfound freedom ... though we'd only been prisoners for about a day. Rucia was dead, so we mourned, but we'd lost her body in the fray of the battle so there wasn't much we could do. And then Tadris starts talking about joining up with this crime-fighting outfit, the Aggressors. I'd never heard of them before, but he'd heard about them, told me they were based back in Po.

"I didn't have any plans, so the two of us boarded a ferry for the desert, planning on tracking down these folks and joining their ranks. But, and this is the odd part; you'll never guess what happened on the way over to Po-Koro."

The Toa let that last syllable hang in the air, building suspense for the act two of the 'legend'.

-Void

Edited by Emissary

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Saeren

"Ma'am," Saeren spoke to the freshly healed Toa, but his eyes were fixed on the the Rahi, "you may want to rest a bit before you finish any business with him. Your body may be good as new, but you can expect to be a little stiff. You," here he spoke to the Rahi, "whatever you are, should really learn patience."

As he spoke he realized again he'd been ignoring Ril. He really needed to work on that. "I'm not hungry myself, though I can't speak for anyone else."

Then he realized he'd just addressed three people in a row, and rather disjointedly for the last one, and with the Guardsman after a Rahi.

He REALLY needed to work on that.

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

IC:

For a moment, Rynekk said nothing; perhaps he was trying to milk this moment for as much as he could, but the sudden look of uncertainty in his eyes seemed to bely a less innocent reason for his hesitation. Slowly, though, a smile returned to his features, albeit smaller and more reserved than before.

"We found ourselves face-to-face with this Toa. Strange fellow, with blue and gold armour a voice like metal scraping against metal. He knew my name, somehow, and he was talking about how he was very interested in seeing me or some such clichéd stuff. I can't remember exactly.

"Well, he jumps over the side of the boat and vanishes, and the next thing we know, the ship's being attacked by a giant squid. Tadris and I manage to hold it off well enough, and the ferry makes it Po-Koro with everyone on board ... 'cept of course for the disappearing fellow. Once the two of us are there, we start looking around for these Aggressors. Manage to find one of them, a Lieutenant Naona of the Po-Koro Sentinels. Well, nowadays it's the Sentinels; back then it was just the Guard. We tell her that we want to help out and she out-and-out signs us in the Guard-now-Sentinels. Just in time for us to try and help guard Commander Juturna's wedding."

For a moment Rynekk's grin turned bitter, and he said, "I don't suppose you've heard of that fiasco, have you?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC (Oreius)

Inu chafed at the thought of siege; he was hungry for action.

"The longer we wait, the more likely they come up with a plan," Oreius said, frowning in thought. "Closing up the Walks won't stop them from digging out elsewhere, especially with whatever powers they find down there."

IC:

Leah nodded slowly. "Yes. But digging out of the collapsed walks will slow them down."

A slightly mischievous grin crept onto her features. "Especially if we do the collapsing."

After all, the Piraka, as powerful as they were, were Skakdi. They had awesome powers, but they were only united through a common goal it seemed. From what Leah had seen, there was little love lost between them. So even when joining together to use the elements she doubted they could measure up against the Maru's elements. Using those to bring down the dark walk's entrances seemed like the most reasonable course of action for the time being. And if they were lucky, it would slow down the architect as well. 

"And with the track on them we can cut them off where-ever they decide to tunnel their way out."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

"Jungle Jerval's Fruit Bar." Angelus put one hand up on the bed and sat up again fluidly (clearly his earlier reluctance had been for show, an uncharacteristic display) next to Kino. "Owner's a little...mysterious...but the service is friendly enough and the plantain chips...mmm...the plantain chips are hearty enough to keep you going all the way through to a late lunch. My treat."

Looking at her, he fought a little grin and gave up. Kino's eyes were fully open, grey and soft, and her face had a healthy glow in what light the curtains couldn't put a block on. Unbidden, he leaned into a quick kiss; when they parted, the two Toa each stood and followed their own paths towards getting ready for the day, Kino sauntering - Angel couldn't help but notice how fit she was; even though he had stirred first she moved like she'd been waiting for him to wake up for hours - through the apartment while Angelus fixed his armor and looked for his Captain's badge. 

-Tyler

IC: (Kino)

About fifteen minutes later I came out of the bathroom, showered and in my leather armor, making sure it fit snugly yet comfortably, before sneaking behind Angelus and wrapping an arm around his chest with a smirk across my lips. "Hey Jungle Boy, you looking for something?" I couldn't help but let the giggle escape from my lips. I knew what he was looking for and where it was, but for a few minutes more I'd tease him just a bit longer. He was way too much fun.

After last night, I felt on top of the world, as much as I goofed off I did like helping them out at the Guard. They were good to me and it was only right to be good to them and the people of Ta-Koro. Part of me still worried about how they would react if they knew who I had been, what I had done. I tried to act like that was another life, another me. Angelus didn't need to know, Jaller didn't know. To them I was just some mercenary that rolled into town, and took a liking to it, and I preferred for it to stay that way. Instead I sealed up those thoughts in a safe and hide it away, no reason to bring it up. No reason to let them know.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: "Yeah, her Gukko darn near fell on mah face," Gavarm recalled with a chuckle. Almost as soon as the mirth had come, though, his inflection became gentle and his tone slid into somber territory. "He-u-an-i cut up her friend an' her bird." He moved back into the realm of feeling. "She's strong, though. Ah'm sure she's good."

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Chivinix just stared at Saeren

"Chivinix is Chivinix, just as toa is toa."

He said rather bluntly before continueing

"Chivinix will learn patience when it saves his life. Patience has not saved Chivinix's life yet."

Edited by VoxuChro

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Mekana

Mekana covered her mouth with her hands. "Oh....I'm sorry I....I didn't know it was a murder..." Mekana felt a bit stupid for running her mouth about treasure and what-not, she once again blamed the meds for that as well. 

IC: Bohrei [Ta-Koro Hospital]

She softened her glare just a fraction.  "...It's alright.  It's true I didn't say as much explicitly; perhaps I should have.  But at a time like this, you need to think, Miss Mekana.  I very much doubt that I'll be the only Guard member" - or close enough, at least - "to seem a bit curt these next few days.  It isn't an exaggeration to say we don't even know all the crimes that have been carried out today.  If we want to bring those responsible to justice and the truth to light, we need cooperation.  Not daydreams."

"Now," she said to the room at large, "I'll ask one last time to be certain.  None of you witnessed anything that could be a clue to any events at the Suva? And barring that, do you know anyone who may have?"

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC:

Angel had reached the only logical conclusion to his train of investigation nineteen seconds before Kino stepped out - her arm wrapping around him, and her knowing, playful giggles, had only flipped the possibility over into a certainty.

"What did you do with my badge, Kino?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: "AY YO JERVAL!"

"Jolek! You are of the bright and earlies today! What you be needing, my friend?" the fire hydrant-ly built Skakdi called in response to the young toa of Magnetism walking through the door, making his way to the counter.

"I'll have the usual smoothie and some plantain chips." Jol responded, bumping fists with the eccentric purveyor upon the latter's offer. This elicited and understanding rumble that Jerval typically called a hum.

"Salty things this soon in morning? You are of needing a little more than usual comfort food, I see?" he asked, raising an eyebrow as the order was noted and sent back towards the little shop of wonders that was the kitchen.

Ignoring the somewhat nebulous state of Jerval's grasp on Matoran (that was normal) AND his amused grin (also normal), Jol nodded wearily.

"Been a tough week."

"Too true. It is of rough times now. But we come back strong, ya? Just keep doing jobs and customers happy and full, and everything will be fine." Jerval said sagely.

The Toa grinned. "You got that right."

helo frens

IC: (Kino)

I could tell Angelus was worried I'd put him through the gauntlet in order to find his Captain's badge, another series of giggles escaped from my lips. Sorry, I couldn't help it.

"What you, did you think I was going to make you take all morning to find it?" I laughed, slipping a hand into my back pocket and pulling it out, setting it in Angelu's hand. "Nah, I wouldn't do that...not today at least. You and I probably got lots of work to catch up on today. Besides this breakfast bar you frequent sounds kinda good, I'd hate to delay any longer." My stomach grumbled in agreement.

I had more pranks for him later, but for now it was enough, besides I've already dallied a bit too much.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

I'd had a thought.

And as anyone who's ever met me can testify to, that's generally not a good sign.

What am I doing here?

I looked at Kethrye, remembering when the two of us had been heroes. We'd stormed the Rama Hive, hunted the Shadow Hapaka, fought off the Rahkshi.

Now what were we? Treasure hunters, adrenaline junkies, alcoholics with no prospects because who needs a hero in an age of peace?

What am I doing here?

Is this what I'm going to find myself doing in five years? Fifty? Running from one high to another, trying to keep myself too rushed to realize that I'm nothing but a suit of armour slowly rusting?

I sat down on the closest rock I could find and gripped this strange rock in both hands, staring at it as though it were a crystal ball. As though I could divine an answer to my troubles like a mystic.

But I'm no mystic; I'm a woman who punches thing for a living and who's whole life is, at this point, made up of waiting to see whether her liver or her heart gives out first.

What am I doing here?

---

IC:

"This has to be the single slowest boat crash I've ever experienced in my life."

---

IC:

"Yeah," he said quietly. "Yeah, she's fine. I saw her afterwards, at Pala. She's ... yeah, she's fine."

As fine as she could be seeing her murderous brother.

Rynekk shook those thoughts away. Now wasn't the time to thinking about his own impact on his sister; focus on Heuani. The man who almost killed her, killed her friend, probably killed many others.

Sounds familiar, don't you think?

"Anyway," he said, more forcefully than he anticipated. "I was about to talk about the Commander's wedding, wasn't I?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"To be perfectly blunt," The Ta-Matoran's voice sounded for the first time in several moments, with an iciness a Ko-Matoran would envy. Every movement, every word, was controlled and calculated, but it was all too perfect; it was not hard to note the fire burning in the Akiri's heart and pumping through his veins, a seething, boiling anger that yearned to be let loose. His control was not for the sake of concealment, or appearance; the ironclad calm was imposed only to ensure that his actions were carefully thought out. The temper of Jaller's people was legendary; but now was not the time for it. "I would not leave them alone. Toa Leah, you make a valid point. You could seal them underground, and with Toa Sulov's Kanohi, you would be able to know exactly where and when they surface."

"But what would that accomplish?" The question was rhetorical, but he did not allow it to linger. It was intended to bring up a point, not make one. The Akiri of Fire crossed his arms, eyes burning like suns. "It will give them time to recover. Plan. They will instantly know that we are on to them, and they have already taken our measure; in contrast, they have abilities now that we know nothing of. They have unlocked the Vault, a place that could contain powers beyond the scope of our knowledge. We will know when they surface, but we will be reactive. In the time that it takes any response force to meet them, they could wreak further havoc. Exponentially more, perhaps, given their new domain."

"But they do not currently know that we know where they are. They have no way to know. Right now, they're on the back foot. They shouldn't have had time to familiarize themselves with anything they find in that Vault. A proactive strike would catch them before they've had time. Leaving them to stew can only give them time to plan and grow stronger."

A long, long pause, as the Akiri was reminding himself that he had no control over the Toa before him. The Ta-Matoran's eyes surveyed the streets around him, taking in once more the damage that had been done. Rebuilding would be easy and swift, but the sting would not be forgotten. Nor the lives lost. "... I have no control over you. I know that full well. The decision on what action to take is yours, and yours alone. These are my thoughts and my beliefs, and I stand by them."

"But you will do what you will do, and I will provide you with whatever resources you need. Whatever I can spare." The words were forthright and pragmatic, and above all, honest; nothing else was needed. But simmering under the surface, in the back of his mind, another sentiment was present. Not so drastic as to be called a revelation. It was a reminder. A reminder of the way things used to be, and the way things would be again. Before the Mata, Ta-Koro stood tall and proud. In the wake of their fall, against the teeming chaos of the Rahkshi, they had stood their ground. Ta-Koro had never fallen, not against any threat. Not against the Rahi, not against the Rahkshi, not against the Mark Bearers. Nothing had ever broken them, not even when an agent killed the Turaga.

And they had done it all without the Mata. Without the Maru. The Toa would do what they could, but they were not the first line of defense. They were not the last line of defense. They were their own agents, and they would act when they could. When they were present. They had showed up this time, eventually. The next time, maybe they would appear again. Maybe not. But that could not be counted upon.

It was a reminder he had needed. Unity was important; Unity of the people, of the Akiri, of the villages. Mata Nui had sent the Maru as his chosen protectors, a fact that Jaller respected. But Unity was nothing without the strength of its parts. By Karzahni, he would not be relying on others. Change was coming, and the Guard would be stronger for it.

It had to be.

Edited by Simon the Digger
  • Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Mekana

Mekana shook her head. "I'm afraid I don't know anything usefull..." And with her current injuries it was quite impossible to find out anything that could be, Mekana realised sadly. She was gonna miss so many opportunities for profit while she was recovering! It made her want to cry. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Akiri Kongu

"If I may," Kongu began, "Collapsing the dark-badwalk may provide us with time, but it will provide them with it as well. I would also question what good it may be to simply know where they might be tunnelling out. Toa-heroes Maru, I do not doubt a single one of yours power. But I must express my concern with planning a win upon simply fighting them again."

His brow furrowed, internally scanning old war strategies from his own experience.

"During a darker time, fighting Rama proved especially difficult as a result of their number. Many teams that fought Rama adopted plans that isolated a single buzz-flier before ganging up on it."

He looked to Koreo, "If it was possible to isolate one of these thugs in a similar way, I suspect there may be less difficulties in apprehending them."

Kongu gave Jaller a glance.

"Keep in mind that such a plan was not without risks. And like Jaller has said, I am not in control of the Toa-heroes Maru. What you choose is up to you. And If what you decide requires fliers, I am happy to give what is needed."

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC (Korero)

'Kongu's right,' said Korero decisively.

The Toa of Air had been visibly stunned at Sulov's statement. For a moment, he'd thought his Brother was kidding.

He's Sulov. He's not kidding.

But ever quick to move on, he listened to Leah's counsel with (for once) discontent, and then the two Akiri's with approval.

'Mata Nui alone knows what they're doing down there, or what they've found to arm themselves with. The longer we 'let them stew', the less of an advantage we have! No, our Akiri have the right idea: we have to take the fight to them, but we also have to know our enemy.'

He gave his mask a flick of his finger.

'With this, as long as I can sneak up on one of them, isolating him will be trivial.'

Edited by That Ghosthands is a spy

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC (Leah):

Leah's brow furrowed behind her mask. 

"I don't like the idea of charging in, precisely because we do not know what they will find in the vault. It just as well may give them the power to take us down as soon as we move in. If we wait for them to surface we could prepare for an elemental ambush I doubt even these Piraka will be able to withstand."

She slightly shrugged. "But you raise a valid point - so I suggest a combined approach: We attack by collapsing the tunnel or cavern they are in when we get closer to them, seemingly trying to bury them. It will provide a distraction for our speedy brother to seize one of them. It will also force them to use their powers to defend against the cave-in instead of us directly."

She winked at Kongu. "A multilateral attack, just like we used to do when going after smaller Rama swarms - Have two birds harass them and make them come after you while the rest of the flight pick them off from behind once they start chasing."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

"We could probably go and grab some noodles now, come back, and the Captain'd still be here waiting for it."

---

IC:

"Right," Rynekk said, his dark mood slowly lifting.

"Well, it was just after the ceremony, and everyone was starting to file out of the house; at least that was my impression of it, but I was a little preoccupied with my own thoughts at the moment. I had met that blue and gold Toa again the night before, and he'd brought me to the Naho Falls. Told me more about some prophecy that I was part of and gave me a treasure map to follow for it. Then he vanished, the Kualsi-wearing prick.

"But I guess that I was still stewing over that, because I didn't pick up the Mark Bearers right away. They came in like one of Mata Nui's plagues, tearing up the area. It was all we could do to hold them off, but even then, Tadris and I were knocked out of the fight pretty quick. I woke up in the bay a few hours later, half-drowned, but close enough to the shore to save myself."

His face fell slightly.

"I couldn't find Tadris."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

Kino set the badge in the Captain's waiting hand and he pinned it to the corresponding spot on his leather armor, adjusting it a little conscientiously and trying to give it a shine or two. Finally, after fussing over his own appearance and noticing Kino staring at him, Angelus turned around and held out a hand; the two Toa made their way out of the apartment at last (note to self: Kino doesn't make her bed) and out into the streets of Ta-Koro. 

Chaos.

Temporary med stations were set up everywhere. Guards were stationed outside all points of interest. Many of them nodded respectfully to Angel while they walked by. The Ta-Koro sky had a smoky aftertaste - more of one than usual, anyway. On the way to Jerval's, they passed by the burnt out corpse of the Lavapool Inn. Squatters and artifact hounds were stealing all sorts of prize trinkets and memorabilia from the old Ta-Koro mainstay. Angel turned to the Toa of Air accompanying him incredulously.

"See?" he asked, trying to sound less shaken than he was. "You can't let me sleep in."

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Taking Lana out of the game and shutting down her tavern. I'm too busy these days to stay active here, and it's not fair to other players to have a business that is stagnant.

IC Lana:

Lana grabbed a bucket of black paint and a brush that was a little too big for her hands, and began going over the door to her former tavern. Ta-Koro had been a nice stop-over, but the place was simply too chaotic for her taste. She preferred a slightly more stable area to put her life's work in.

One by one, the letters of the tavern's sign disappeared under a layer of black paint.

Soon, The Drunken Murderess was nothing more than an empty store with a black door. Someone, undoubtably, would take over the building and make something of it.

That someone would not be Lana.

Silently, the Vo-Matoran gathered her few belongings and made her way out through the city gates. She wasn't sure where she was going; just going away.

Edited by Drakmanka

"Those who dream by day are conscious of many things that escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

The insectoid chirped in annoyance as he watched the toa talked. He had spent his whole life being patient, waiting for the chance to be free of the constant threat of his life being ended. Now that waiting has been replaced with yet another. And the insectoid had had enough. 

"Chivinix has waited long enough and been scolded enough by toa. Chivinix try and save toa when Chivinix would normally eat injured." 

His eyes darted to those within the room, saeren and wryu especially  and unless stopped he attempted to leave the hospital room

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu