BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Skyra

I inhaled and exhaled some longer breaths before I felt ready to speak again. 

"...pop!" My face contorted as I stifled a laugh. I blew out a breath, calming myself a little. 

"So I take it we're ready to go?" Destiny, who had been busy eating a rat she found, perked up. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: "Control, create, and manipulate," Septima answered. "Why do you ask?"

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I climbed up Destiny till I was laying belly first across her, my head looking down at Dorian. 

"I know, and it's adorkable when you do." I smiled. 

IC: Mimira

"Of course! We're super awesome pirates that fight bad guys!" 

IC: Mimira

"I pirate people's hearts." Mimira blinked. 

"Yeee!" I sat up straight and prepared Destiny for flight, and by prepare I mean waited for Dorian and Flay to hop on. 

Edited by Skitty

IC:

"Can it...carry three people?" I eyed the bird cautiously. Was that a little nick in its wing, where a bullet had once carved its way through the feather and bone?

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"This is going to end so badly." I looked sideways at Flay again and reached out to take Skyra's arm, pulling myself up one-handed onto the bird and sitting as close to the back of the Kahu as I could without sitting on Skyra.

"You're gonna need to budge, Sky. Flay needs room."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

With an exasperated breath I scooted as far as I could to make room. We were gonna have to be huddled together pretty close.

Hmm well that doesn't sound so bad. I offered Flay an outstretched hand to help her up.

Edited by Skitty

I could feel my whole body tingling from being that close to Dorian. (Flay being there somehow made it worse) God Tuara is gonna find out I'm dead...deaddeaddeadeaddd...  I sucked at hiding my feelings and I knew it, maybe I'd just have to hide if Tuara ever showed up. 

I let out a quick and somewhat complicated whistle, Destiny let out a screech, before her wings began to glow with energy, then she shot off like a rocket, leaving my worries behind. Destiny showed off a bit, pulling off a few fast maneuvers and techniques before heading toward Ga-Wahi. 

OOC: Skyra, Dorian, and Flay to Ga-Wahi

Edited by Skitty

IC

-Interlude-

Looking back, it was pure luck that Dor and I missed each other in Ta-Koro that day. Nika and I entered the city, went down a side street, and the man I tried my hardest to forget approached the gates only moments later, bimbos in tow.

What is it that draws people to Dorian Shaddix? I've asked myself that question a lot, mostly because I've got time to do nothing but think, and whenever I think, my thoughts inevitably turn towards the Dapper Duelist (could you ask for better proof of his ego?). Dorian ensnared me and I still don't know entirely why or how; but I was neither the first nor the last. There's a gravity about him that pulls you in as his lips drip promises he can't possibly keep. But I believed them anyway.

Word on the street was Dorian was a changed man. He worked for the Guard, trading secrets for safety, bartering the skills that carved his name into history for a chance at freedom. Part of me understands, because isn't that what anyone would do? We all find our ways to stay alive.

But there's another part of me that refuses to forgive, that would never understand how that man could turn his back on her and sell her secrets for his own gain. Even now, there's a part of me that seethes against him, an itch somewhere under my skin that I can't scratch without pulling the flesh from my bones. There's a part of me that despises Dorian Shaddix, but having lived with her for so long, I wonder if it's really him she hates, and not my life personified.

Because I lived that same life, poured my blood and soul into a game of murder and treachery. Bad Company was nothing unusual in a life of criminal alliances; Vakama was nothing special in a life populated by death and destruction. My blades spilled blood both blue and red; the only thing I didn't know was how to forget. If there is a god up there, he wouldn't let me forget. So it comes as no surprise that I can't forgive myself. If some titanic set of scales somewhere weighs the detritus of my life, I'm sure the weight of all my sins will bear me down to hel.

Strange irony that my life would be the death of me.

• Upvote 4

IC:

Once upon a time, when Mata-Nui was fresh and vibrant. When Makuta and the Great Spirit did not quarrel but instead brought the first Matoran to the paradise. Great creatures roamed the land, mighty beasts filled with tremendous power and elemental affinity. Rahi far more majestic, more vivacious, more deadly that those that ruled today.

Amongst these mighty giants, many such creatures went unnoticed. Their powers no where near the might of the nigh tyrannical rahi. One day a small reptilian rahi was flying in the sky. Its might was nowhere near that of the mighty rahi, and it was known throughout the land as a weak and cowardly beast.

As the rahi flew high above the land, so high that no one else could reach him, the rahi noticed a small farmer, sprawled on the ground. The rahi landed next to the man, and it crouched its body up into a ball for even now it was consumed by fear. “Tell me good sir, what troubled you?”

At first the farmer did not take note of the voice, after all the rahi’s voice was a mere whisper. The rahi tried asking again and this managed to alert the farmer to the fact that someone was speaking. On the third time the farmer was able to comprehend the rahi’s voice. “Water please.” Was the only answer the farmer’s hoarse voice could croak out.

The small rahi flew off with a flap of its week, and soon returned with water for the farmer. After the farmer had drank the water and his voice slowly came back he spoke of a great trouble. The farmer’s village had been overrun by a swarm of large Nui Rama. “Rahi,” the farmer spoke, his voice having returned, “Your speed was incredible, truly you must be a majestic beast.”

“No, I am but a weak creature with no talent for the elements.”

“Rahi, I do believe that you are a noble creature, capable of much. Please assist me in defeating the rahi. My village may be gone, but with your speed of flight, I believe it can be accomplished.”

Reluctantly the small rahi was finally persuaded into accompanying the young farmer. And so the two departed and two moons later the two arrived at the battered down husk of a village. Instantly the Nui Rama swarmed out of the houses flying straight at the small rahi and the farmer.

In vain the rahi tried to dodge, and for a while the cowardly beast survived, but they were soon too many for the small rahi to handle. It soon came plummeting down, carrying the young farmer with him who was firing off fireballs at the Rama.

“Please great Rahi, I know you have power.” The farmer pleaded as they fell, before accidently sending a fireball at the small rahi. That was when the small rahi performed a miracle. It swallowed up the fire, and soon its body was ignited, forcing the farmer off to watch. The small rahi spread its wings, now twice their size. Indeed the rahi could no longer be called small, the fire had increased its speed and power. With deep intake, it let out a mighty roar that incinerated the Nui Rama.

From the weakest to the strongest, the small rahi found its inner strength, and so the first dragon was born.

A grin spread across my face as closed the last page of the book. It had been a long time since I had last smiled, not since my brother died. That simple thought was nearly enough to kill my smile, but it still wasn’t. This small fable had been my favorite story growing up. It had been the inspiration for becoming strong myself, to grow from the weakest to the strongest. An idle dream to be sure, but for someone born with little elemental talent it was a dream nonetheless.

I still remember reading the book with my little sister. She had also loved these fables and stories. Every now and then we’d just curl up by a small fire and read. Inevitably Dorian would stop by, crack a joke or two at our expense, but then he’d always join us. The stories may have bored him, but he was still our big brother. Those had been the carefree days of our youth.

I figured it was just another cruel mockery of fate that I had stumbled across this old book in Le-Wahi. Yet all things considered it was a nice trick of a fate, I may not have found the imposter, but at least I found a forgotten piece of my childhood. Now I was back in Ta-Wahi, back to finally bring an end to it all.

Dor, sis, it’ll be over soon. I promise.

The gates of the Koro were more crowded than usual. It wasn’t long before I overheard that something had happened, an explosion of some sort. While I didn’t know the details of the matter, I eventually managed to convince the guards that I wasn’t a threat and was just an innocent passerby. With that, I was in the gates of the Koro, now it was only a matter of time before I tracked down the imposter.

OOC: Malik open for interaction.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

OOC: sorry for the delay. I didn't see your post.

IC: "Control, create, and manipulate," Septima answered. "Why do you ask?"

IC: Natharius.

"I was wondering if you could help out with some repairs," he layed his mechanical arm out on the bar so she could see the damage. "Some jackass named Joske shot me with a disc launcher."

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Malik (Gates of Ta, Talking to Ril)

"You look terrible."

I wearily glanced up at the voice. It was a Ta-Koro guard, a Ta-Toa by the look and he was covered and scars and scratches. However the most striking trait was his eyepatch, considering the Toa's position as a guard I highly doubted it was a fashion statement. My voice still tired, I simply responded, "You don't look all that good yourself."

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: "Hmmm..." Septima mused as she took a closer look at the busted up appendage laid out on the table. "I could probably help with the frame and smooth out the dents, but I may not be so helpful when it comes to fixing up any left over internal damage. I suppose there wouldn't be any harm in taking a peek inside though, if you still want me to give it a shot."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Natharius.

"I can handle the internal stuff," Natharius said, "but the external plating is all shredded and bent out of shape. I fix the internals, but every time I move, the plating digs in a screws it up again. If you could restore the plates that would be welcome."

He flashed a wry smile. "Take the expenses out of all the money that I'm not earning."

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: (Karaihe/Guard House)

The guard seemed to be looking at him in an odd way, but the burly Cy-Skakdi ignored him. He was now, officially, a guard.

"Well, that was bloody easy." He said to Brontes. "I thought that we'd at least have ta pass some sorta test..."

Kathok

IC: Gunner / Ta-Wahi Bay

"Just when I think I'm about to like you, Lasinia, you go and say something like that."

---

IC: Nika / Ta-Koro

The heat was the first thing that Nika noticed upon entering Ta-Koro, because it reminded him of a night many years ago.

It hadn't been a good night but it had been the night that had made him what he was, and thus it held a special place in what was left of his heart.

Not that anyone would notice the emotional resonance from his countenance (did anyone still think he felt emotions? he couldn't be sure.). He had been to Ta-Koro before, and to allow a connection between tactile sensations and ancient memories to flare up every time he stepped into a major village would ruin his effectiveness. His effectiveness was a part of him (possibly the defining part), and to lose that would be to lose himself (maybe he wanted to lose himself).

Nothing in his manner belied the fact that his insides were rapidly turning to ice.

He was a professional, after all.

His face still hidden under the hood of his cloak, his eyes scanned the crowd for possible Guards, assailants, tools, weapons, allies, marks, widgets. No sign of Pae or Korzaa, but that was understandable. No doubt he had found a safehouse which Kino would lead them too (unless he had decided to betray them [Nika began compiling a list of ways to find/incapacitate/kill Pae]). Therefore, reaching the Guard HQ was paramount to their plans.

However.

"We should pick up supplies," Nika said, never turning to look at Jin. "I was forced to abandon mine back in Ko-Koro. Once we do that, we can find this Kino."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Brontes

"Well, that was bloody easy. I thought that we'd at least have ta pass some sorta test..."

It was obvious to him that Jolek had known the Ta-Toa, who seemed to be in the upper rankings of the Guard, judging by his demeanor and sudden (dis)appearance. Assuming Jolek and him were old friends, Karaihe and I might've been passed so easily simply because of our proximity and the friendly chat I had had with Jolek.

Office politics? A "good ol' boy" network of sorts? "Eh, not quite the reason for acceptance I wanted." But as the foreigner and new guy here, having a (possible) friend that (possibly) knew people in (probably...) high standings was about the best he could hope for.

"We've only finished the paperwork friend. I'm sure there is plenty of on-the-job, combat, detective and more subtle work waiting for us." The idea of combat reminded him... Unsteathing his shortsword, he held it up to Loren. It was dented and nicked from the fighting in Ko-Koro. It would only get him killed like this. "Does the Guard have a smithy or barracks of sorts? If not, are there any nearby? My armaments were damaged in Ko-Koro."

...but close to it

Loren- Ta-wahi- Guard HQ

IC: "Most of the smith work is contracted to private businesses, we do have an armory nearby though. I'll show you both to it." Loren began to move off, gesturing for the new recruits to follow him.

"That was Angelus, he runs the entirety of the Ta-koro Guard. From what I gather he and Jolek grew up in the same area. I can vouch for Jolek's skills though, Angelus may be odd but he is not the type to engage in nepotism. In any case, the look on your face tells me that you are wondering why it was so easy to get in. It had nothing to do with Jolek, I can assure you. We take just about anybody. Training is designed so that anything you didn't know before, you'll know after we are done with you."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Septima took a good look at the plating, imagining how it originally appeared in her mind before doing her best to reshape the metal. There may have been a few minor discrepancies between the way it was now and the way it had been initially forged, and it may not have looked as appealing as it once did, but the Skakdi could rest easy knowing that it would no longer interfere with the arm's internal mechanics.

She also took the liberty of buffing out all of the scratches and the dents.

"Or we can just call it a favor between friends," she said, returning the smile.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: