BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

[Ta-Wahi, Mangai Tunnels]

“We should stay together,” Lucira said, picking up the axe that the plant had brushed aside.  “But anyone who can’t fight needs to stay in the middle--I think all of us would like to avoid a repeat of that incident.”

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: Alfon

"Oookaaay then." I said sheepishly, turning around to face the bartender. Before I could even open my mouth, I noticed the drink already made at his side, a knowing look in his eyes. My eyes lingered on him suspiciously as we made the exchange.

"You're welcome." I said, passing Plagia her drink.

IC: Plagia - Magma Lounge

"Nooooooooooo...."

I let my hand fall down to my leg, allowing my arm to coincidentally cover the new sword hanging at my belt.

Then, Alfon, and his little knowing glance to the new bartender (was that the same guy from last night does he know about my freak-out ######!) and me, calmly accepting the glass of Bula with my other hand.

"Thanks, bae. You're a life-saver."

-Void

Edited by Emissary

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"...Well...thanks, Skri."

"Gaudy building, isn't it?" Reordin asked as they approached the hospital. "You'd think the last one would have taught them a lesson or two."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I know for a fact that I looked like a complete tool sitting there, smiling blankly as my brain worked furiously to process what she just said. I barely opened my mouth and already I was tripping on my own tongue, fumbling for the right thing to say.

Get a grip, dude.

"That's some serious flirting right there." 

Shut. Up. Ril. 

"Alright." I said steadily, finally touching base with reality. "You've got a deal."

"Okay." I mumbled, smiling awkwardly and awkwardly and more awkwardly and then fervently picking at a bowl of nuts because it was the only thing I could do to justify the awkward silence on my end.

I need a drink.

"Scho Ri!" Munch munch, chew chew. "Watchu beh uh to? Yuh go'uhn t' Ko?"

IC (Mariko): 

At the other end of the bar, the dark Toa continued quietly drinking and listening. Casually, his fingers started tapping out a tribal rhythm, some random pattern he'd recalled from home. Noticing Taleen's smirk, he raised his glass slightly in a silent toast accompanied by a small thumbs up. A small gesture, shared with a fellow patron who'd elected to sit and watch.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Ril

"The usual," was the grinning reply, his hand reaching out to drag the bowl of nuts away from Alfon and towards him. "Getting hit in the eye, chucked ouutta a window, watching the most awkward date proposal in the last week."

He swiped a haandful of cashews and downed them faster than a horde of ants downs a rotting carcass. Or godly locusts on Egypt's agricultuural industry.

"And yep, I ain't missing out on an ILF reunion."

• Upvote 1

IC: Taleen

The dark Toa was giving her a thumbs up. Looking him over, she knew she hadn't met him before, at least not personally. Yet he seemed to be watching her with great interest. 

If she had to guess, the dark Toa was familiar with her line of work. Spies and assassins had the tendency to notice each other, despite all their efforts to be unnoticeable. 

Well, she supposed she was doing a rather poor job at being unnoticeable at that moment, not that she could really help that. She gave the dark Toa a slight nod of recognition and left it at that, taking a long gulp of her beer that left her cup half empty...or half full. Whatever you prefer. 

Edited by Lara Croft

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

"Nothing out of the ordinary, then." I commented, watching Ril devour my stolen cashews with a friendly look that said 'I hope you on choke them'. God knew that'd be the only way to stop him from making things any more awkward.

"Hey, Taleen!" I whispered, mischief in my tone. "That guy over there? The one with the unusually small thumb? I think he's hitting on you."

I gave her an encouraging prod in the shoulder.

"You should go talk to him."

IC: Taleen

Taleen jerked back more animated from the prod than she'd have preferred, though it hadn't helped that he'd touched her in a rather sore spot. She was still pretty banged up from Ko-koro. 

What really got her was his encouragement to go talk to the guy. She had nearly spilled her drink. 

To her credit, she regained her composure as quickly as she had lost it. "I don't rush that sort of thing..." She took another sip of her beer, truth be told she'd never really had time for that sort of thing, considering what she did for a living. 

Edited by Lara Croft

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC (Lohkar)

Lohkar caught the rope his crew threw him, tied it around his midriff (while still treading water) and dived beneath the surface.

It wasn't long before Yasurek felt the signal: three sharp tugs on the rope, signifying that the captain had made it fast to one of the disk launchers and that the crew should begin to heave.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: "Well, that's good, I guess." The Fa-Toa replied somewhat dryly, pulling up a seat and swiping a french fry coated in former burger components without hesitation, popping it into his mouth and savoring the deliciously high risk of heart failure.

"Take it that means no plan, then?"

IC:

"None yet." The Captain sighed and popped a loose bit of tomato into his mouth, chewing on it thoughtfully while he beheld the view from Tuara's old window. "Honestly, brother, I took this job so I didn't have to worry about being the one to save the world. Leave that to Joske and the Maru...heck, Shaddix, even. They're the ones that were meant for it, with the charisma and the flash and all the powers. I was a tour guide who bumped into the wrong cop one day...heh, some mornings I still don't believe it. Or maybe I just don't wanna."

He turned back to his order of fries and picked up two.

"But I'm stuck with it one more time. Guess I can't exactly put it off much longer, yeah?"

-Tyler

Edited by Aikuro Mikisugi

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: (Kino Iho)

Was this what Angelus wanted to talk to me about? When I had dropped another mess upon his burdened lap in the form of my past. I had jumped the gun, assuming he was going to grill me about my relationship with Pae. Now he was just being burdened with more, and I was wondering if I should ever be around anymore. As the two of them talked to each other, I quietly sipped my Bula Berry Juice. I was stuck not sure whether I was supposed to leave or stay.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

"Yep. Way of the world, brother." Angel took another couple fries and then moved the bag into an empty chair, clearing his desk. "So. Let's run through a list of the other Guards, see which ones we can trust to distribute our intel wisely. I don't want this leaking out to too many people. After we have something we can give it to the Akiri and see what he thinks."

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Mariko):

"Oh no worries. I'm not hitting on anybody." the dark Toa said from where he sat. He hadn't heard Alfon's whispering, but his expression and glance in his direction told him enough to guess what he'd told Taleen. And Plagia's objection proved his guess right. Mariko took another sip from his drink, then looked at the Toa of electricity again. 

"Looks like you're doing pretty well for yourself since that little fight in Pala-Koro." he observed.

IC (Mariko):

He nodded. "Yes I was there. So were my brothers. One of them helped to fight the necromancer at the gate until the walls came down, another caught one of conspirators who sabotaged the village defenses." he said matter-of-factly. Of course, he noticed the mood change in the room as well, but continued sipping on his drink as if nothing was happening. 

"Small world." I remarked, absent-mindedly motioning for a second drink. "I'm guessing you're here by coincidence too, eh?"

I felt smooth glass slide into my hand, fingers curling around it, and I brought it up to my lips only to notice it glowed bright, radioactive green. My gaze, even more suspicious than before, swivelled to the bartender and he gave me another one of his knowing looks.

Don't worry. It's girlier than a cute little Ga-Matoran in a hula skirt.

That's what I thought he communicated to me, anyway. My eyes lingered a while longer before I was finally convinced, reluctantly bringing the glass to my lips.

"Holy ##### I can feel the cavities forming in my mouth. Guys you gotta try this."

Edited by TX Wade

IC: Plagia - Magma Lounge

"That so?" I asked, keeping my judgement in reserve 'til I knew more. "Well, kudos to you guys, then."

I raised my glass of Bula in a toast, then kept drinking, avoiding looking at Alfon's glass of....

Y'know, I don't wanna know what he's drinking.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Are Raaka and Konaro still bedbound, or able to walk around?

[OOC: Probably shouldn't be doing any cartwheels, but a doctor with a Mask of Healing is presumably pretty good at getting folks back on their feet.]

IC: Bohrei [Ta-Koro Hospital]

IC Brontes

...wet?

The blurriness of interrupted sleep cleared, allowing me to see an thoroughly unapologetic and uncaring janitor. An empty cup of water dripped from the edge now maligned table he'd bumped into mopping. I'd been in the quietest corner of the reception area possible, outside I'd felt a little far away from my charges. That was what they were. Even if I had had a minor freak out in the morgue, I still needed to make sure they were properly seen to, so I tried to catch some rest here.

I'll need to reconvene with Bohrei. She had questions, I hoped to have some of the answers. I ought to ask her and Kellin to write reports for the guard as well. Any possible findings in the autopsies and his experiences in Ko-Koro would be good to have on record.

IC: Dahkapa (Ta-Koro Hospital)

A man entered the hospital, but didn't talk with the doctors and appeared perfectly healthy. Instead, his purple eyes scanned the room looking for someone. His gaze focused on a Toa in the distant corner, whom the Ko-Toa approached with a quick pace. He stopped two steps away from him and said "Greetings", his tone and expression lacking any emotion.

OoC: Talking to Brontes (he hasn't moved anywhere from the reception area, right?)

Well, look at that. For once in her life, the witness was actually easy to find, even if he was still rubbing the sleep from his eyes and there was a Ko-Toa who looked like he'd done a few too many lava shots standing in front of him. 

"Well," the Skakdi said, coming up to the pair, "it appears you're in high demand tonight, Guardsman.  Friend of yours?"

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

OOC: Are Raaka and Konaro still bedbound, or able to walk around?

IC: Raaka

"Hey, Konaro. You awake?"

IC: Konaro

"Yeah, completely," Konaro replied, being careful not to lean too heavily on his injured arm. 

"Not gonna be in battle for a few days, but we should look for any full doctor with a Mask of Healing."

He paused for a minute and then asked, "After we're all fixed up, what are we gonna do?"

Time is my frenemy. So is money.
May the classics never die and may the future find a new set of Toa.

BZPRPG Character