BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"Nah."

The ember did a lazy loop through the air, tracing a dull red arc with its light. Its acrobatics continued without end, banks and turns, curves and loops around her head. Her head turned slightly to look at the hulking Onu-Toa, a wry smirk half-contorting her face.

"I'm headed home later. Already gonna have to explain why I'm beat up, best not add why I'm drunk."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"A'ight."

"Tor's talking to Erzu. She's got him mostly straightened out. Good with words that way," he ventured. "I think he's coming around to her, and...you know he cares. We both do. He's just...handlin' this weird."

He trailed off after that, unsure if Saeva Sareta even needed encouragement like a normal person.

C'mon!

"...That flying kick earlier was the coolest thing I've ever seen. By the way."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"It was stupid." The Ta-Toa directed her attention, briefly, to the long bruise that traced its way up her torso. The ember paused in its movements, instead simply orbiting her head. "Only worked cause his sword's wood. Real sword would've opened me up hip to collar."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"You were fighting Erzu, not Echelon. If you can't get a little stupid when you're cutting loose in a fair fight, what's the point? You're just throwing swings at one another - like it's choreographed or some . You gotta...I dunno, like...seize the moment and . Do something stupid to remember the fight by."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"S'not the point." Saeva idly toyed with the trench knife at her hip, eyes tracking the movements of the dim flame despite already knowing where it would go. "Erzu's right, anyway. His fight ain't my business. Crucible rules. Y'don't interfere in someone else's conflict unless they ask."

"But that's all over my head. Ain't anyone else's issue."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Erzu's a dick. The fight was over and the other fighter was taunting him while he stood there like a deer, there's regulations against that too. I would have spoken up if you hadn't, which makes me not only just as nosy but also a little for not doing it." Red sighed and leaned with his back against the keg, propping himself up by the elbows.

"And when one of you is upset, it becomes my issue. You're my heroes. You especially, but...Erzu too. When he comes out, could you please try talking to him? I think Torana got him in a better space. He'll listen to you."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Not upset. Just tired. It's been... A really ###### long day." The Ta-Toa said, a faint note of weariness. "Walked here from Po, found what a bunch of ######### did to my home, fought Erzu, and now all this. Forgot the boundaries."

"Try and talk to him if he comes out, though."

Edited by Riku Tryon

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"If you say so. Thanks, Saeva." He smiled for a second and then zoned out for ten more, staring back inside where Torana was still coaxing Salvajemono. She'd be good for him. He liked Tor. She knew what was what even better than Red did.

"...I should leave you be. Need to put the kegs up anyway."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Karaihe - Ta-Koro

I'm knocked forwards slightly as a blasted fireball impacts my back, scorchin' it but mostly bein' saved by my plate armour. I spin round, my teeth bared, to see the bloody Ta-Toa. I think 'bout utterin' something witty, but I decide to, in an instant,  shoot two razor-sharp shards of diamond at my 'ttacker, usin' my Amplifiers to access my element. I don't even bother to see if they've 'it there mark before charging straight at him, rage and beer fueling me.

Kathok

I'm knocked forwards slightly as a blasted fireball impacts my back, scorchin' it but mostly bein' saved by my plate armour. I spin round, my teeth bared, to see the bloody Ta-Toa. I think 'bout utterin' something witty, but I decide to, in an instant,  shoot two razor-sharp shards of diamond at my 'ttacker, usin' my Amplifiers to access my element. I don't even bother to see if they've 'it there mark before charging straight at him, rage and beer fueling me.

IC: Luta and Raku - Ta-Koro

A matoran stood there realizing he could escape punishment there and then, but feeling some level of responsibility for the poor toa he had to think fast.

"What could I do?"

Then he remembered the gold bar he found in a Le-Koro swamp that he still had.

"Goodbye friend"

And then he reluctantly threw it at the guard in the hopes it would somehow save the toa, and of course to get him to stop trying to kill him. 

Raku took a bet, he decided to jump into the guard in the hopes of avoiding capture, midway through the jump the diamonds hit his back leaving just chance to try and hit the drunken guard. 

Edited by masterchirox580

It's time to move on.

IC: "Tcheh." he snorted again, this time much less abrasively even though Red may not have been there to hear it any more. "Yeah, I get it."

Sleeping on it, huh? Might do good. He had felt better after a nap earlier...

Sorta.

Rising, he quietly opened the door, now mindful that somebody who gave a ###### about this house was trying to live here. Poor Malik'd had to sit through a lot, but hopefully he learned something from all this.

One: Do not leave your house unattended.

Two: When the big Onu-Toa grabs your liquor, play it cool and let him.

Three: Don't try and stop us from fighting. You''l get nowhere.

Stuff like that. 

He shut the door behind him, hands shoved into his pockets and kendo stick (but not katana) at his back. The harsh and hard lines he had entered with were gone from his face, but he couldn't quite bring himself to smile, or speak. It had been too long, too hard a day.

To be honest, going back to Saeva's house and decompressing sounded pretty darn swell right about now.

Edited by Tsumugu Kinagise

helo frens

IC: Gunner - Road to Ta-Koro

"It's a real hoot, believe you me," I told her as we started coming up on the bridge. "Heat, smoke, ash, constant risk of being swept away in a lava flow ... decent bar and grill-type places, round-the-clock security if you're a paranoid type, though. Ain't all bad, ain't all good."

"This is probably why I was fired from the Ta-Koro tourism board."

IC: Taleen

"Echelon is not fat." She hadn't seen Echelon during the invasion of Ko-koro, but she knew it was something that he couldn't have pulled off if he was fat. 

"If he was I would have killed the ###### by now."

IC: Plagia - Magma Lounge

"You want some practice killin' ######, Tal? There's a certain one-eyed sonuva###### who's just volunteered as a practice target, methinks."

IC: Pae - Ta-Koro - Old Warehouse

"Fair. Nika?"

IC: Nika - Old Warehouse

"Wanna bring up my name?" the Vortixx said, one leg crossed over the other as he sat atop the closest crate he could fine, cigarette dangling between two fingers. "Go ahead, Pae. Might come in with you, too. Tired of sitting on the sidelines. All a sniper ever does. Lifetime o' that ... wears on you after a while."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"Wanna bring up my name?" the Vortixx said, one leg crossed over the other as he sat atop the closest crate he could fine, cigarette dangling between two fingers. "Go ahead, Pae. Might come in with you, too. Tired of sitting on the sidelines. All a sniper ever does. Lifetime o' that ... wears on you after a while."

-Void

IC: Pae - Ta-Koro - Old Warehouse

Pae finished checking his belongings, and responded to Nika flatly, "Free to come along." he turned around and began to move towards the door.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC (Jin)

I looked at Pae's retreating back, then over at Nika, who seemed to want to tag along. I wasn't about to get left behind - that was even more dangerous. They could say anything they wanted to Jaller. Maybe the next thing I knew, the warehouse door would be kicked in and I'd be surrounded by Ta-Koro's finest. No thanks. If there's a wasp in the room, I'd rather keep an eye on it.

"I'm coming too, then," I said, and followed Pae out the door.

"Oh God," I said, burying my head in one hand, "what the frick did I start here?"

"Don't trust us?"

The ghost of a smile flitted on Nika's face as he stood up, dropping his smoke and grinding it underfoot.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"Does a Gukko know how to fly? Of course I do." Without so much as a warning, Taleen threw the knife, it flew straight with a precision that was just downright scary. The knife hit the dartboard with a thud, stopping about three inches above Ril's head. 

Edited by Lara Croft

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Shucking his cloak aside, Nika's mouth slanted upwards to one side, fixing itself into a sardonic smirk.

"After you, Pae," he said, slinging the strap on his rifle over his shoulder.

"I feel like this is escalating really quickly."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Alfon

"You reap what you sow, Plagia." I chuckled, impressed by Taleen's throw.

Obviously, I took that as a challenge.

And of course, I would win.

"Watch how it's done, amateur." I said with a cocky grin, plucking a knife of my own as I stared her down. Just for the sake of tension, I twirled the weapon in my hands a little, possibly enjoying myself a little too much. Never taking my eyes off Taleen, I threw the knife with a nonchalant noodle arm, a satisfying thud sounding from the board. 

It landed about two inches away from Ril's ear.

The mad bloke slams into me, but I try and stand firm, swinging a gauntlet'd punch at the toa.

IC: Luta Toku and Raku - Ta-Koro

"Ow do I have throw the silver as well!?"

Struggling Raku said

"I think there are more important then material goods right now" 

"But"

And then he heard a familiar voice.

"Raku, I came here by boat quickly so I could tell *gasp*"

He saw the two struggling toa.

"What's happened here!?"

It's time to move on.

Taleen nodded her head. "Not bad, not bad at all. However..." She raised her hand, knife in hand. She grasped it with two fingers before flicking forward, sending the knife flying off toward the dartboard and the unfortunate Ril. This time it came but an inch from Ril's ear, right in front of Alfon's dagger.

"...never show your best on the first throw."

IC: [ Gunner ] - Ta-Koro Bridge

The road changed from a path of ash and black earth to the hard stone of the Ta-Koro bridge, but my gait never wavered. I turned to glance back at the Ax-man while I walked, a wry grin on my face and one hand waving airily.

"I exaggerate, matey," I said. "You got your head screwed on straight, you should be just fine."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Alfon

I raised an eyebrow.

"My best? I was just warming up." I declared, my voice growing both indignant and ever more cocky. Casually, I strode up to the board and plucked both knives, as well as a third one from my belt. Testing the weight of Taleen's knife, I started juggling all three of them rapidly, eyes on Ril.

I took a breath. What I was about to attempt was incredibly difficult.

I was a pro though.

I'd make this ##### look easy.

Always.

In a flash, one knife after another flew towards Ril, each propelled by an underhand flick. I watched as the first one nailed the board an inch away from Ril's left ear, the other one an inch from his right and finally, Taleen's knife roughly three inches above his head. I counted that last one as a failure.

"Could've been better..." I muttered in disappointment. "Your knife's heavy."

Edited by TX Wade

IC: Pae - Ta-Koro - Streets

Pae and the others began to move.

The toa of iron picked up on Nika's little jab at Jin. It seemed the two had been getting along sort of oddly since they all met. Nika was certainly the more prodding of the pair, although Pae was happy to have not experienced that yet.

There was a lot to think about.

But as they reached the guard HQ, Pae began walking through the situation at hand. They needed information, and from a police force. Fortunately, Pae believed he could convince Angelus that the sharing of such information would benefit not just himself and his companions, but the island as a whole.

Pae stepped up and opened the door inside. Moving towards the counter he said softly and carefully. "We would like to speak with Captain Angelus."

Edited by Palm

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

he's better than I though. Taleen didn't lose her composer though, an assassin never broke under pressure. She went up to the dartboard and silently pulled each of the knives off the board. She had to go all out this time, she wasn't gonna be out done by this circus act. 

She turned and looked straight at Alfon, keeping her eyes locked on him as she raised the first knife. She threw one, then another, and finally the third. The first one had landed by Ril's right ear, almost touching it, the second landed just above Ril's head, about a half an inch above. The third had landed perfectly right next to his left ea-

Wait...was that blood? Oh... It seemed she had just barely clipped Ril's ear, just a scratch really...

"Well...close enough." She cleared her throat.