BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Plagia - Magma Lounge

One forearm propping me up on the table, the fulcrum to haul my sorry ###### back into the chair.

See all of these scars, Ril? Each and every ####### one of 'em from those Rahks down in Le and only half of them from when they under Makuta's thumb so don't you go ###### sayin' those things are ####### wimps or I'll have your hide you one-eyed mother####### little--

"Yeah, guess it would," I said, deadpan.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC

Mirin and Venemi crept ahead, but made sure to stay within sight of the others, who walked in a tight-knit group with weapons drawn, the larger and more combat-ready beings on the outside surrounding and protecting those who were smaller and weaker.

They made their way along the tunnel. As they went further, they came to a point after which the walls were noticeably rough and dusty and bore the marks of pickaxes: this section of the tunnel had been dug out by hand, and recently. There was no sign of whoever had done the digging: no starfish-necked bodies or other traces of the plant-creature. They could feel the air getting even hotter, and soon the orange glow of whatever lava-lit space the tunnel led to was visible ahead.

"Looks like an opening ahead," Loraan said, just loud enough for those around her to hear. The two scouting ahead would already have noticed it anyway. "I've a feeling this is it..."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Venemi - Mangai tunnels

I exchange a glance with the Ga-Toa beside me, making sure that my eyes show no fear, no weakness...I edge closer, blade drawn as I peer into the space beyond...

Edited by 000

Kathok

IC: Alfon

I quietly listened as the scene unfolded, watching this colossal manchild with sudden interest. I didn't recognize him, and I would've been hard-pressed not to, so I probably didn't know him. Probably. The others apparently did, so my memory might've been a little shoddy at the time but I don't think that was the case.

It's hard to forget how someone that frickin' huge makes you feel like some measly toothpick.

Either way, he was tagging along. I'd have plenty of time to chat him up later.

"Uh huh..." I mumbled, casually sliding off the table and making my way to the door. "Well, I'm gonna go mail this letter before I forget. See you guys around."

With a mock salute, I was out the door.

IC:

"You know what I meant." The Toa of Plant Life continued, rolling her eyes faintly. "Not that you have any particular problems going anywhere on the island, now."

IC:

Spotting Erzu leaving the house, and noting the rest of her companions making their way towards the village, Saeva pushed herself up off of the step she'd been sitting on and followed on foot, thumbs looped through the belt that held her knife.

"Appreciated, but my folks are probably gonna figure we were up to something anyway." The Ta-Toa commented to Solvi, not really bothering to look the other Toa's way.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"There are some days I'd rather have gone mercenary than celebrity," Reordin admitted sheepishly. "Probably not a good thing for a Toa Maru to admit, actually. But the Sanctum Guard gave me honorary captaincy and no jobs, and if my opinion was given any stock by the Akiri, Ambages would have never seen the inside of the throne room. All I did was sit with my thumbs up my and wait for trouble. Mercenaries can at least do that on someone else's dime."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Sanguivox

Sanguivox got to a place in the middle of the pack, seeing the room ahead. He wanted to show that he wasn't stupid, but not cowardly either.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

[Ta-Wahi, Mangai Tunnels]

“Steady there, wise one,” Lucira said, keeping a firm but gentle grip on the turaga’s arm.

She scanned the room as best she could, looking for any places where the plant tentacles could suddenly ambush them.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: Arankhe

Clad in her thick armor, pale blue and dulled green, ending in an armored skirt hanging over her thighs, Arankhe was comparable to a knight, down to the Barbute-esque faceplate shielding all but her eyes. As a Lesterin she lacked the powers of the Toa she had seen around her frequently, and had made up for this with her armor and equipment, a broadsword and large, round shield, an unknown device visible in the center of the shield's crest.

She had arrived at the island's seemingly fire-themed village she had learnt was called 'Ta-Koro', as she had heard it was one of the more heavily militarized settlements, and she liked military strength in a place. Partly because back home she was part of a military. Otherwise unknowing of this land, she decided to go to a tavern or inn of some description, sit down, maybe make some friends. This place had one, right? Yeah.

Walking through the door, Arankhe stopped to examine the interior quickly. Wait. #####. That wasn't what you did to avoid attention. Ah. Standing in the door, she wasn't necessarily a large, 'giant' figure, but she still had a large, imposing presence. Armor and a large sword and shield tended to do that. She was about to start moving again, when her legs locked up. Then she figured out why.

She had no idea what to do from here.

This may be a problem.

OOC: Arankhe open for interaction

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Plagia - Magma Lounge

"Yeah," I said, pushing myself out of my chair. "Maybe I'll go with ya, Alfon."

Not to say that Ril talking about how wimpy Rahkshi had gotten and Onuzek deafening me with his clapping was getting old -- because it wasn't, totally -- but I'd spent about three months out of the loop when it came to Alfon the remnants of the ILF, not counting my brief adventure with Kethrye -- huh, think I should mention that? -- and I still had at least half an hour to rectify that before we headed out to our deaths.

"Be back, guys," I called back to the rest of the team -- jeeeez, it's been a long time since I'd had a team -- as I walked out of the bar. "Ril, I hate to say this, but you're in charge until Reo or I get back."

I wasn't more than a few seconds behind Alfon by the time I'd gotten outside, but I picked up the pace just a little to catch up with him.

"Don't mind me taggin' along, do ya?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

It shouldn't have surprised me again how bone-dry and hot it was outside, but my mind was in another place when I stepped out. Namely, the post office. Didn't have a clue where it could be but Ta-Koro was the smallest village around. I'd find it eventually, only after exploring a little. God knows I'd been desperate for a change of scenery, and for the first time in forever, I wasn't seeing palm trees everywhere I looked.

Hallelujah.

I started walking, feeling a little like a tourist. I was so busy taking in the sights that I almost didn't notice Plagia catch up to me, the sound of her voice a pleasant surprise.

"You? Never." I flirted, purely out of habit but still a genuine answer. I felt a little awkward right after, suddenly remembering our...date. Was it really a date though? Did she even mean it that way or was it just me?

Shake it off, dude. She's still your friend.

"Sooooooooo...how you been?"

IC: Plagia - Ta-Koro

Discounting last night's episode--

"Not bad," I said, slowing down to Alfon's pace and locking step with him. "Haven't done a whole lot since Pala, to be honest. Show up to fight clubs to win money, then usually blow it on booze and board right after. Rinse, lather, repeat. Went on a treasure hunt and bagged me a crime lord and a sweet pair o' gauntlets. Saw Keth again there, actually."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

My head swivelled at the name of the ILF's ex-doorman, ex-leader, and ex-buddy cop of mine.

"Seriously? You saw Kethrye?" I asked. "Geez, I haven't spoken to him since I left Pala. He's not here, so I'm guessing he didn't want to stick around eh? Too bad. Wouldn't mind catching up with him sometime."

I kicked a nearby rock, sending it skittering across the street before stopping at the edge of a forge. Lots of those around here.

"Well, at least you're here, ready to play hero with the rest of us again. Just like old times. Pretty sure most of us are looking forward to tearing Echelon a new one." I grinned. "Didn't expect to be paying him back for Pala, much less run into you guys. This was my vacation, my time to get away from all the crazy mumbo jumbo."

"I don't mind though. Being part of the Rama Riders was cool at first, but it got bland really fast. The only real action I got was cracking down on an illegal gladiator tournament, squashing tree-eating bugs and Kongu throwing us a big party yesterday night. Pre-tty crazy."

"Believe it or not, I left this morning on a whim."

"Right, it's probably not common knowledge outside of Le." I said, rubbing my neck awkwardly. "But yeah, you heard right. Rama Riders. It's a relatively new division that specializes in riding tamed Nui-Rama, much like the Gukko Force. Don't get me wrong, it's a ##### of a lot more dangerous and selective than flying a bird but the payoff's pretty sweet."

I looked at her, hoping she didn't get the wrong idea.

"Its ironic, I know, considering the Hive Assault and all. I just figured that since, y'know, I have firsthand experience with the buggers, I'd make for a good pioneer in the program. I uh, actually flew here by Rama. If you want, I can show you."

IC:

"Being a merc's fine." The Toa of Plantlife shrugged, the movement causing her weapons to shift on her back. "Pays reasonably well, sometimes your customers get it through their heads that they should shut up, but it's pretty dull."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"Well, trust me, enough nights on guard duty with Stannis and you start to really keep an ear out for his quirks. I actually worked out a pretty dead on impersonation. 'The Maru's job is to fight the darkness, Reordin,'" he intoned, forcing as much smoker's grit out of his deep voice as he could manage. "That's why I want all five of you to step forward and claim your official team chastity belts, so that one day you can grow up to be bland ###### monks just like me. I've taken the liberty of carving a First Toa's disapproving face into each design.'"

-Tyler

Edited by Aikuro Mikisugi
  • Upvote 4

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Was he?" The wolfish cast on the Toa Maru of Ice's face grew satisfied, and whatever remained of the shadowy, troubled look on his face slipped away in satisfaction. "Oh, happy days."

-Tyler

Edited by Aikuro Mikisugi

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

At that, the Ve-Toa let out a faint laugh, crossing her arms across her chest while she grinned in amusement. "They ain't too bad, all things considered. Met worse. Whole lot worse, actually, neither of them ever tried to kill me."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Volin was awful at hitting on you. That was pretty criminal." Reordin waved a couple bottles of beer and the Sanctum Guard insignia on his collar as proof of identification for the receptionist, and was cleared with Skrihen in about a fifth of the time it would normally take. They got directions to Gevenne's room in similarly short order.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

I glanced over at Alfon, trying to imagine the ol' Casanova flying a giant, demented insect around in the jungle.

Nope, can't see it.

"It'd be swell," I said, the corner of my mouth lifting. "But don't you have a letter to mail or something?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

The Turaga opened his eyes sleepily. What was he doing on the ground...?

Well, he was in Ta-Wahi now, so maybe he could get some answers. He picked up his spear/staff and began trekking onwards towards Ta-Koro.

OOC: Kihohiki open for interaction.

"Right, after the post office" I corrected myself. "Think I might just call it quits and send Karata my letter of resignation. She can consider this trip to Ko my last good deed on the job, my two weeks notice even. Doesn't work that way but hey, my name on a stupid piece of paper isn't enough to stop me."

I paused, glancing at her now.

"So hold up, let me get this straight. Besides beating up people for cash and boozing up right after, did you have any plans before this?"

Edited by TX Wade

"Right, after the post office" I corrected myself. "Think I might just call it quits and send Karata my letter of resignation. She can consider this trip to Ko my last good deed on the job, my two weeks notice even. Doesn't work that way but hey, my name on a stupid piece of paper isn't enough to stop me."

I paused, glancing at her now.

"So hold up, let me get this straight. Besides beating up people for cash and boozing up right after, did you have any plans before this?"

He's sharper than he looks, this one.

I clenched and unclenched one hand. Then clenched it again for good measure. Speaking of 'measure' guess a word that could describe my breathing and ~ DRING DRING DRING ~ YOU WIN! Finally I unclenched the hand because I guess I didn't want Alfon to get the wrong idea. I wasn't mad at him. Of every ###### person in this rat's nest, he was the person I was least mad at.

I glanced up at the rooftops, watching industrial smog rise into the air.

"Aw, c'mon Alfon," I said, my voice light and my mouth smirky. "You know me. Never been much of a planning girl."

And ######, ain't that the truth.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

I chuckled, my lips forming a sideways right after. It was comforting to hear that, surprisingly.

"Well, that makes two of us." I said, a trace of relief in my voice. "Not that I'm a girl, mind you. I'm a man and I drink what I want."

I looked up, noticing a tall, rudimentary stone building coming into view. It didn't have any sign saying 'post office' or anything of the sort, but the amount of couriers and messenger birds flowing in and out of it was enough to convince me this was the place. We stepped inside, and a quick inquiry at the front desk served as confirmation.

"One sec." I said, grabbing a pencil, a piece of paper and a small, hand-sized box. 

Dear Karata,

I quit.

Any issues with my departure can be discussed with Reordin Maru.

Sincerely, Alfon

P.S I keep the bug.

I folded the letter, sealing it with hot wax before tossing it into the box along with my badge. I turned it over at the front desk, paying for gukko delivery that'd get to Le ASAP. They would've noticed that I was gone by now. I looked over my shoulder at Plagia and gave her the thumbs up.

I'm a free man now.

Edited by TX Wade