Jump to content

BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi


Nuju Metru

Recommended Posts

IC: Pae - Ta-Koro - Guard Recreational Room

 

Pae was silent for a moment, honestly wondering that to himself. They could go right for Aurelia, but without information on her whereabouts or anything about her safety or resources, even finding her could prove fatal to anybody involved; and not just her people. Pae needed more than a poor guess if he was going to willingly put himself under Aurelia's knife.

 

Pae took in a breath, "We aren't yours," Pae began, noting the look he was given by Angelus, "Nor are we your hired weapons," He paused, "That makes us your best chance at taking down these people, and those names are the best chance we have of doing that."

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC:

 

Fire and Iron stared each other down for a long moment, surprisingly cool.

 

"Yeah," he finally said, walking back around to a table full of glass bottles and pouring himself something that looked like Bula juice. "One of our Warrant Officers has the original list, but if you can keep track of the names, everyone of them is burned into my head. These are just names, mind - finding out descriptions or who they belong to is up to you. Something called 'Sev' and a woman named Illicia teamed up to take out Turaga Onewa. A sniper named Marfoir killed Turaga Matau at a public gathering. Brykon killed Turaga Nuju - Matoro reported a Toa of Iron, pretty big guy, before Nuju made him evacuate. Shaddix called him the ringleader. Then we have Liacada and Grokk; Liacada turned herself in to the Guard a while ago for the murder of Turaga Whenua, but like I said, Dorian killed Grokk just days ago right here in town. That leaves Vakama's killers - Shaddix swears that he did this one all himself, but he put a lot of pressure on us to start looking at the other names, and we're pretty sure that this girl Jin he was with bombed an entire city street to serve as a distraction for him. We don't have a single word on her.

 

"That's all I got for you, Pae. What you do with it is obviously what to you, but as always, I'd ask for your discretion. It'd be a personal favor."

 

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC:

 

"Alfon Rama-Tamer?" I asked, eyebrow arching. "I'm impressed."

 

IC:

 

Jin.

 

Jin had known. Jin had known all along and had said nothing. Jin had kept silent, holding back information that could have helped them. She didn't trust them. Betrayal boiled in Nika Draen's veins. She didn't trust them. His heart felt clamped in a vice. She didn't trust them. 

 

But--

 

--would he have--

 

--would he have trusted them--

 

--he wouldn't even tell them his real name--

 

--could he judge--

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He didn't know.

 

For the moment, though, he could not compromise the team. 

 

His face betrayed nothing and no one. No sign of surprise. No sign of recognition.

 

Time for that later.

 

-Void

 
 
[ BZPRPG ]

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC (Mariko):

 

"That's right." the dark Toa replied. There wasn't time to say much else as another Toa, considerably larger than Kehua - and that was saying something! - clapped his hands in juvenile glee and proclaimed a fondness of baloons. Soon after, Alfon left, followed by Plagia to take care of some business. Mariko remained on his seat at the bar and looked to Taleen, then indicated Onuzek with his eyes and mouthed: Do you know him?

 

Of course, chance was that she did not. After all, Reordin was assembling a seemingly ragtag team of volunteers and old associates.

 

IC: Taleen

 

Taleen gave him a simple headshake, before finding this group she never had the pleasure of meeting the friendly giant. She was pretty sure she'd have remembered if she did. 

Edited by Lara Croft

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg Profiles

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Pae - Ta-Koro - Guard Recreational Room

 

Jin.

 

Not a single thing about Pae changed. His face remained the same. His breathing remained the same. And his voice, "Of course. Please extend discretion to us too," Pae finished up quickly, partly because he felt as if he had talked too much, but also because the sooner Nika and he talked to Jin again the better, "Thank you."

 

He turned around, "Angelus. If you have need of me. Ask Kino."

 

Pae and the others walked out of the room, down the hall, and were brought out the door to the streets. And the trio began walking again, but now with one member under heavy scrutiny.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC

 

The creature let out a long, low, stuttering hiss that might have been its idea of laughter.

 

"THESE LIVES, THIS SAFETY, HE CARED NOT FOR THEM. SO HE TOLD US. WE WERE NOT MADE FOR THEM! WE WERE MADE TO BE STRONG!"

 

The tentacles writhed with each repetition of 'STRONG', in equal parts anguish at its inadequacy and ecstasy at the thought of the 'strength' it hoped soon to gain.

 

IC: Corex (Mangaia Catacombs)

 

"And then what?" I asked, voicing the obvious question (past time, too).

 

"When you become strong, what then?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Trava-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC Mirin:

 

Her hands tightened around her scythe.

 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Venemi - Mangai tunnels

While the unnerving creature spouts rasped words, I catch the eye of a Ta-Matoran among the group, subtly nodding towards the mind-slaves. I was stupid not to have assessed all the powers this group had to offer before we set off. As a result, our fighting thus far has been chaotic and unorganized, not to mention the fact that I don't know what powers we have available to reach the "workers" below.

I can't risk asking round - the monster can obviously hear us well enough. But if the others can keep that Karzahni of a monstrosity distracted, we can decide on a plan of action, of sorts. As casually as I can, I make my way over to the detective.  Usually I'm not one for teamwork, but here timing will be crucial.

Edited by OLISI

.


Kathok

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC:

 

"For once, Casanova, I'm not," I said, sidling over, casually looping an arm around his waist. "You might wanna savour it."

 

IC:

 

Nika Draen did not speak as they walked back to the warehouse.

 

His silence was not unusual; but this time, it seemed less like an absence of anything to say than a retention of too many things.

 

-Void

 
 
[ BZPRPG ]

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OOC: Permission granted by Necro.

IC: Zenithex - Ta-Koro (Denrika's Apartment)

The Ta-Matoran barely had time to widen her eyes in horror as Zenithex's weapon collided into her temple, quickly rendering her unconcious and causing her body to go limp as she fell to the floor soon afterwards.

 

Denrika woke up to a bucket of water being thrown across her face, washing away some of the blood that now ran alongside the surface of her Miru. This was not the first time that the Lesterin who had broken into her home had awoken her in such a manner, as evidenced by the numerous cuts he had made across her body and the dislocated fingers bound behind her back with a piece of fabric torn off of one of her curtains, but the pain she had previously experienced at his hands left her unable to recall exactly how many times she was tortured to the point where she had eventually blacked out. A muffled groan escaped from her mouth as her arms struggled to free themselves, turning her head away from his grim visage while pleadingly staring at the door for someone to barge in and stop him from doing whatever else he had left in store for her.

"Nobody's coming to interrupt us, little one," the cultist said, reaching his hand down to grab her chin before forcing her attention back towards him. "I told you; Ak'rei'an has plans for you to serve at his side. What kind of messenger to the glorious Archangel would I be if I didn't carry them out for him?"

Despite the gag stuffed inside her mouth, the Ta-Matoran managed to open her jaws just enough for her to lean her face downwards and sink her teeth into the flesh of his thumb, all before delivering a vicious headbutt to the center of his forehead. A growl of agony escaped his throat as he fell backwards, giving her the time necessary to figure out a way to return to her feet as she attempted to make her escape, trying desperately to hop her way to freedom due to the way her ankles were also tied together. If he wasn't too busy grabbing for her leg as he succeeded in tripping her, he would've been impressed that she had managed to stand, considering that one of his first acts was to flay the skin from the bottom of her feet. Nevertheless, he vowed to sever her tendons to prevent this in the future, contemplating whether or not to remove a few of her toes for good measure as well as he dragged her back towards him, rolling her over before punching her in the face.

"Now that wasn't very nice," he rasped, wrapping his hands around her throat and slamming the back of her head into the floor as he began to squeeze. "Here I am, making sure that your eternal soul will achieve eternal life when Ak'rei'an finally returns to this world, and this is the thanks I get? If we had met before my time at Blackrock, I would've suspended you upside down from the ceiling and set you on fire by now, worm! And I would've danced to the sound of your screams! It is only because the Archangel wishes for you to serve him that you are still alive, you pathetic wretch!"

Denrika watched on in fear as the blood from his wound slowly ran down her neck, her vision fading to black as he slowly leaned forward, whispering one last question into her ear before she inevitability passed out once more.

"Now I'll ask you again; who do you worship?!"

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

 

 

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC:Amani

Now, Amani wasn't going to question wether this guy was actually frail or not, but he had to admit, from a group of friends he once had who got up to some...shenanigans, Amani would, if he were a suspicious man, guessed that that was a forced struggle. And at times he was suspicious.

"Warwise? Not really, no. Something about Ko-Koro, I think."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

 

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

 

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC (Jin)

 

The door to the warehouse clicked shut. We were back at the beginning.

 

Well, not quite. A couple things had changed:

 

1) We now knew the names of the Turaga's killers.

 

2) My partners now knew that I'd known those names all along.

 

(well, technically they only knew that I'd been a part of it, but it wasn't a stretch to guess that I knew something about the others. They're not dumb)

 

I considered my options.

 

1) Run.

I'd go for this, except it was unlikely I'd make it out of Ta-Koro before I was swarmed by a legion of vengeful guards.

 

2) Fight.

A smart choice. I've seen worse odds.

 

3) Talk it out.

Not exactly my cup of tea, but it was the least risky.

 

1 and 2 had potential, but I could go for those after I'd exhausted number 3. So I took a deep breath of dusty air and did my best to keep my hands from twitching towards my knives.

 

"Well. That meeting was, uh, informative."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Pae - Ta-Koro - Abandoned Warehouse

 

Who was the vortixx Jin? She - not unlike Pae and Nika - was secretive, efficient, and had no real shortage of contacts. Who were those contacts? Who did she once work for? Did she still work for them? Was she still a puppet for Aurelia and her organization? So many variables, so many questions, and more importantly, so many things to potentially kill Pae.

 

Pae - on the trip over and underneath his cloak - had carefully taken the time to pull his hammers from their holsters on his hips and hold onto them under his sleeves. He had half expected anyone else to run or attack their companions on the walk over, but the toa of iron knew Jin was smarter than that. A better place to fight he and Nika would be here in the warehouse.


Unless of course Nika was in on it.

 

That thought had occurred to him as well. There was no telling this wasn't some elaborate ruse to kill Pae. He'd made many an enemy over the years. Only issue was, Pae's diligence was meant to prevent any bad relationships from becoming lethal, but when it came to working with a group of people he was relying on, his guard would technically be down amidst a situation of greater danger. The only thing that had prevented Pae from skipping town just then was the fact that he didn't trust either of them yet, and they knew that. It'd be inefficient to take him on until that was the case.

Pae of course, made a note to never let that be the case. This was his lesson for the day.

 

So Pae stood there at the door with one hand on the handle over his hammer, and the other tightly gripping the twin weapon. His eyes were on Jin and Nika. He could play two ways: If Nika was truly against him, he could trick Nika into playing it up that Pae is oblivious. If Nika was with him, they could work together on this. Either way, Nika would help Pae tackle the problem. At least that was his current prediction. That was the route he chose, and it was the only route he could really take.

 

So many problems.

 

The problem in the room was Jin. He looked at her hard with green eyes, and frighteningly softly, Pae spoke,

 

"What did Vera Polzin promise you?"

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC (Jin)

 

I couldn't miss the way Pae's fingers were draped over his weapons; this warehouse was one wrong word away from becoming a battlefield. I swallowed, suddenly aware of the heat. Sweat trickled down the back of my neck. My cheekbones burned.

 

A simple question. I could answer a hundred different things and this whole situation could spiral out of control in just as many ways. A dozen lies scalded my lips; I'd told enough of them before. I'd spun a web for Pae, Nika, Polzin, Dorian and myself. One more wouldn't hurt. Or maybe it would. I couldn't tell anymore. It was too hot, and the walls were red. Drenched in blood that I'd spilled. I could still hear their voices; I could still hear their screams...

 

The truth. That was the truth. It was the red. The blood. The soaked pages of my past that clung to me like cobwebs and filled my ears with the echoes of old pain that I couldn't forget. That was the truth.

 

I'd asked only one thing from Polzin. The one thing I needed; the one thing that could save me from them, the dead, and Vakama's terrible forgiveness. My safety line and Pae was asking for it and I couldn't give it up that was the only thing keeping me sane knowing that this would all be over and I could finally break the surface of this bloodbath I'd drawn and breathe again

 

My voice was calm. I don't know how it didn't tremble, but I held Pae's gaze and refused to look at the ghosts over his shoulder. 

 

"A new life," I said, each word an anchor. "A clean slate."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC (Jin)

 

"It doesn't matter," I said, suddenly reckless. "Does it? I need those assassins dead, and so do you."

 

IC:

 

"Conspiracy like nothing we've ever seen," Nika said, his statement punctuated by the sound of his rifle dropping to the ground beside him.

 

"Facing enemies beyond our individual ken."

 

A dagger was tossed to the floor.

 

"Need trust."

 

The other dagger now.

 

"Need to be able to depend on one another."

 

His cloak was tossed aside. The rifle kicked over to Jin.

 

"Otherwise, no chance of survival."

 

His green eyes were steely as they bored into Jin's.

 

-Void

 
 
[ BZPRPG ]

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC (Jin)

 

"You wouldn't need a reason to trust," I hissed through clenched teeth. "If you knew what I see." The room was suddenly blurry, but I wouldn't raise my hand to wipe at my eyes. Too many seconds wasted. Too many secrets to spill.

 

"I hear them. Every day. I hear their voices right now. I can smell them burning."

 

I gripped the handle of my knife so tightly, I was afraid I'd break the bones in my hand. It was the only thing anchoring me to the present in the midst of these spectres.

 

"You want the truth? Here's the truth. I'm going to hunt down these murderers one by one, and save myself for last."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Pae - Ta-Koro - Abandoned Warehouse

 

"You kept this to yourself, yet knew we were about to find out," Pae said, as calm as ever, "Why waste your time, our time, and risk your safety in Ta-Koro? You could have avoided this," he brandished one hammer again, showing the others the weight it held, "You risked this."

 

He took a step forward, "Why?"

Edited by Palm

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Draeverian Joskiir, Ta-Wahi (???)

*Poof*

 

Poor Mariko, not noticing his “friend” was nothing more than the blinking outline of an avenger long gone.

The toa of sound never found much pleasure in standing around.  DJ was a man of action: rap, punch, and leave the questioning to Mariko.  Sitting around waiting for a toa of ice to drink and get acquainted with long lost war buddies, Maru or no, wasn’t on his “Kill Kohra” to do list.  Mariko and the other Aitua were the patient ones. 

 

Ta-Koro’s lava fields gave way to the ash forest as he trekked towards colder climes.  His tongue clacked polyrhythms off the roof of his mouth, and with each percussive beat he found his way illuminated. 

 

This is a bad idea, Drae.  Leaving Mariko behind was stupid. 

 

You’re stupid. DJ smack talked with Rivet. 

 

There was a harrumph in his mind.  So much for the months of learning to be less obvious

.
I’ve got a plan though: I don’t need them.

 

Oh, really?  Really?  You have a plan?  Well, that that must make you King of the World.  Rivet laid down the sarcasm with each drawn out vowel.  Climbing over a rocky outcropping, DJ brushed off his hands.  The flakes of granite and ash rippled through the air, a soft melody in their graceful fall.  He could smell the lava rock, the taste of minerals strong on his tongue.  For the blinded warrior, it was pungent.

 

Yeah, I do.

 

So… what’s your grand scheme?

 

DJ grinned and popped his knuckles. 
 

Punch things.

 

OOC:  Draeverian to Ko-Wahi

Edited by Kughii
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: "What's that look for, Ms. DEFINITELY SINGLE? You mirin'? Just wait 'till i'm outta the cast, he-heyyyyyyy."


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC: Halfway across the Koro, Highwind was starting to believe somewhere along the line he'd been duped.

Knew something was off about that Elly chick...

It's in the barracks isn't it?


...

He's still relatively fresh outta the woods, people. Baby steps.

  • Upvote 1

helo frens

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC:

 

Don't take that.

 

Shut the ###### up.

 

He's the one in a body cast and YOU'RE the one taking this lying down.

 

Shut. The ######. Up.

 

More like Reo-masculated!

 

Oh by the Great Spirit ###### OFF WITH YOUR ######

 

He's gonna swipe her.

 

We're not together.

 

I wouldn't be ###### if you weren't ######. That's the way this woooooorks.

 

"Are we going to talk or not?"

 

-Tyler

Edited by Aikuro Mikisugi
  • Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC:

 

You know, in MY day, I would have--

 

Reordin drowned out the rest of Kopaka's voice; he knew all well what the Toa of Ice would have, and had, done.

 

"Just because she's not mine doesn't mean she's yours," he said haughtily. "How soon are you gonna be up out of that cast, do you think?"

 

-Tyler

Edited by Aikuro Mikisugi
  • Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...