BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"ALFON YOU ######!" I screamed through laughter.

Battle reflexes kicked in immediately and, without hesitation, I looped my other arm around his neck and leaned over backwards enough so that I -- and Alfon -- would be thrown off-balanced and fall.

IF I'M GOING DOWN, CASANOVA, YOU'RE COMING WITH ME!

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Alfon

I begin to yell something, but I'm cut short as I come tumbling down with Plagia. Had it not been for her arm, my perfect balance and deft footwork would have saved me; when I realized I couldn't do anything about it, I kinda just rolled with it, figuratively and literally.

Sure enough, one thing leads another.

I almost barrelled over as we hit the ground, though Plagia's firm grip around my neck (not like that) kept me from rolling away. Instead, I find myself right on top of her, faces inches away from another, our eyes are locked, and it happened so fast that I didn't have the time to realize what was going on. She was just lying there panting, not saying a word, and the way she looks at me is just so...electric.

It was the perfect moment. In a barn, not a soul to disturb us but the Gukko and Vohu...

Cheesy, right?

Well...it would have been even cheesier had I actually kissed her. Which I didn't.

I chickened out. Of course I did.

######.

I pulled away from her, standing up as I looked around awkwardly, despite my best efforts at maintaining a poker face. Not good. Maybe I could brush it off, I thought but I knew better than that. There was no denying what happened there.

"So uh..." 

###### smooth.

"Maybe I should, um...find a place to stay for the night. Y'know, before we head to Ko tomorrow."

IC:

I let my head thunk against the hard floor, thoroughly disappointed.

I bet the Rama has more romantic sense than him.

"Uh ... yeah," I said, turning my head to look at Alfon. "Probably a good plan. Plenty of, uh, good inns around here. And if not, I'm sure Vohu wouldn't mind sharing a stable."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

What a letdown. I didn't even have to look at her to tell how disappointed she was. You could hear it in her voice.

Kill me now.

"I'd rather not kick the bucket via suicide." was my response, ironically. "Anyways, we should probably get out of here. You can come if want or uh, I'll just see you back at the bar or whenever."

I reluctantly offered my hand to help her up.

IC:Amani

Amani shrugged.

"I try not to think about it, get by day to day. If it comes my way, I'll deal with it then." He signaled the bartender, getting himself another drink, paying for this one himself.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Pae - Ta-Koro - Abandoned Warehouse

"You kept this to yourself, yet knew we were about to find out," Pae said, as calm as ever, "Why waste your time, our time, and risk your safety in Ta-Koro? You could have avoided this," he brandished one hammer again, showing the others the weight it held, "You risked this."

He took a step forward, "Why?"

IC (Jin)

He told me no one knew.

The poet was a liar. We'd have some words when this was all done. But right now I had other things to deal with. I looked at Pae, his green eyes sharp in the dim light. 

"I had to risk it; I had no choice. No one was supposed to know."

IC:

"I can tell. It's almost as funny to see the aftermath as Reordin's face at you 'taking in the view'. Mask of Strength, by the way. I'll powder you again if I feel like it."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

I hesitated.

"Hey, uh," I began, rubbing the back of my neck. "I know a few spots around the village. If you need any help finding a place to stay...."

IC (Jin)

IC:

"So, Shaddix character leaks names of partners?" Nika mused, glancing over at Pae. "Seems likeliest possibility."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"The place we were just at?" I asked, shrugging right after. "Sure, seems like a good spot. We're all meeting there anyway, so it's convenient."

My stomach rumbled. I wondered if they served food that also glowed or changed colours.

"Where you staying?" I asked, starting to walk.

Oh?

I looked at her semi-suspiciously, my mind already jumping to conclusions.

"Huh." I mumbled, nodding approvingly. "By the way, before we get there, who's the giant guy? The one that claps like frickin' thunder and looks like he can fit two of me in his stomach?"

IC: A heavy sigh.

"Taku Wash isn't real, kid."

"...What."

"You've been duped. What, nobody ever warn you about hazing new kids in the Guard? This one's a classic."

Why that little--

To Jolek's credit, while he may have been slow on the uptake, he more than made up for it in swift adaptation to the new situation. Curtly thanking the world-weary shopkeep, the Fa-Toa promptly spun on his heel and stalked out of the building, storming the streets with one singular purpose in mind.

Find the band hall, and chew out his superior officer.

She'd better hope Angel caught him on his way there, the little snake. All that time wasted! All that time spent looking like an idiot! Why he oughta...

Breathe.

Breathe is what you oughta do, Highwind. Learn from it.

Don't punt Elly through the nearest window. You can't protect your town if you get kicked out of the Guard.

He missed the Jungle, sometimes.

Just him, Tarex, and his fist in Tarex's gut being perfectly acceptable if a fast one got pulled on him. And vice-versa. It was a good relationship they had, honestly. Completely egalitarian, both people looking out for eachother and working towards the common goal of surviving to see the next week comfortably. 

Simpler times.

The hard lines that sketched a rictus of irritation on his face softened under the eraser's gentle touch, as the inflammation gave way to something a bit calmer.

Straightening his posture from the stormy hunched shoulders he'd sported like some kind of angry gorilla before, Jol stayed the course back to the Headquarters.

No mistaking it though, he fully intended to give Elly for messing with him.

Just, you know, not so angry anymore.

helo frens

"Well, yeah actually." I chuckled, casually sliding a chair. "So- y'know what, lemme give you a little backstory first, it'll make more sense that way. Hear me out."

I clapped my hands together.

"I don't know if she told you, but Plagia's got a nasty reputation in the ring, fight clubs, that kind of stuff, alright? She's a bit of a big deal on the streets in a few Koros, but I never really knew the details. She kind of had to explain them to me after everything happened."

I was getting a little giddy at this point. I looked at Plagia, almost like I was asking permission to go on.

"Turns out her claim to fame was this one fight where she was pitted against a freak of nature, some monstrous Toa of Iron called the 'Raging Mahi', who had big metal horns sprouting from his head. Mean son of a ##### apparently. Anyway, he was reigning champ and Plagia the underdog at the time, and this tourney or whatever wasn't a joke; anything was fair game. So, fight dragged on for a while and both were pretty worn out near the end of it, but," I snickered. "what won it for Plagia was this really sleazy trick where she tackled him to the ground and bit right into his neck."

"Crazy, right? Well, she didn't let go, and she kept on pummelling the karz out of him until he finally tapped out, earning her the title of champ. However, that's not the only title she got; they started calling her El Chupacabra. Goat sucker. The name caught on really fast, and that little stunt she pulled eventually became her signature move."

I leaned forward, elbows on my knees now, hands moving as I spoke.

"Moving back to the present day, we're walking to the post office and we come across this homeless guy. He doesn't see us at first, but oh man, when he laid his eyes on Plagia, I swear they almost popped out of their eye sockets. He got up and started yelling 'DIOS MIO! ES EL CHUPACABRA!', and then he was hissing and there was more yelling and he stuck his fingers in his mouth and started flicking them in her direction, saying stuff like 'SPIT ON THE DEMON! NO! GO BACK! BACK!'"

I shrugged.

"Plagia tried reasoning with him, though he started calling for the guards when she got too close. We booked it to the post office, and well...she explained to me what just happened."

I pointed at her now.

"That, my friends, is El Chupacabra."

• Upvote 1