BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC

“Your creator? Who is he--I don’t recall hearing of him.”

Again the shuddering hiss of 'laughter' emanated from the creature.

"YOU KNOW HIM. ALL KNOW HIM. WE SEE IN THE THRALLS' MINDS: FEAR, YES, YOU FEAR HIM, THINK HIM TERRIBLE...BUT ALSO THINK HIM DEAD..."

It paused, and made a guttural noise that sounded pensive.

"WE DID NOT THINK HE WOULD DIE...DID NOT THINK HE COULD. MAYBE YOUR MINDS LIE."

IC: Corex (Mangaia Catacombs)

"And then what?" I asked, voicing the obvious question (past time, too).

"When you become strong, what then?"

"THEN," the creature replied, "WE GROW. REACH OUT UNDERNEATH, THROUGH EARTH AND STONE, AS HE DESIRED! WE WILL DO WHAT WE WERE MADE TO DO, AND SHOW HIM WHO MADE US THAT HE WAS WRONG!"

The tendrils and tentacles writhed with unconcealed glee.

IC: Venemi - Mangai tunnels
While the unnerving creature spouts rasped words, I catch the eye of a Ta-Matoran among the group, subtly nodding towards the mind-slaves. I was stupid not to have assessed all the powers this group had to offer before we set off. As a result, our fighting thus far has been chaotic and unorganized, not to mention the fact that I don't know what powers we have available to reach the "workers" below.
I can't risk asking round - the monster can obviously hear us well enough. But if the others can keep that Karzahni of a monstrosity distracted, we can decide on a plan of action, of sorts. As casually as I can, I make my way over to the detective.  Usually I'm not one for teamwork, but here timing will be crucial.

Loraan turned her head slightly as Venemi sidled up to her and Lucira. While the creature was busy talking in its bizarre voice, she spoke a few quiet words just loud enough for those near her to hear.

"We have to free these people," she muttered. "And...I don't think we can leave this thing alive."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

[Ta-Wahi, Mangai Tunnels]

Lucira’s teeth clenched at the thing’s reply.  It has some form of telepathy?

“To be honest I’m not sure we can,” Lucira said.  “But we should concentrate our efforts on the ones feeding from the lava.  Also--” she cast her eyes towards the lesterin of plantlife “--if you have any more poison or acid I would suggest aiming for the orange ‘eyes.”

She turned to Loraan.  “Detective, I suggest you and I and anybody else without strong range capabilities concentrate on freeing the captives.  Also--if that thing’s telling the truth it’s able to read our mines somewhat.  We should be careful.”

Edited by Mel

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC:

Redhot blinked, as if he couldn't believe that a positively mountainous Toa of Earth who had erupted not an hour before into a personality volcano could possibly be conspicuous enough to be noticed.

"Uhhh, I don't think so. Not now that Malik's back," he said, rubbing the back of his neck. He hadn't even thought about it. "I might be able to afford a couple nights at the Magma Lounge. Shouldn't be a problem."

-Tyler

Edited by Aikuro Mikisugi

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Pae - Ta-Koro - Abandoned Warehouse

"Others who know. Maybe people within your group."

IC: 

"Investigation may be required," Nika mused. "Must look into the names which the captain gave to us."

IC: Ril

"Plag-ula is the type of person to go right for the jugulars yeah."

IC:

"Don't tempt me, Ril."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Solvi

She very nearly ran into the slightly-above-average-but-still-slightly-shorter-than-her height grey-clad Toa that was exiting the music hall with a cracked up laughing at a funeral kind of look on his face. Pakari, grey colorations, likely a Fa-elemental, unrecognized. Though that last one could be owing to her frequent missions abroad, so she'd give him the benefit of a doubt and assume he was a newly minted guard, not some civilian with a map short a compassrose and completely lost.

"Is Elly in there?"

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

IC: Looking slightly up at the striking... Ko? Toa he'd nearly ran into, he shook his head in the negative.

"Nope. Was just looking for her myself, ma'am. She pull a fast one on you too?"

Something about the way she carried herself made him think she had a higher rank, despite not having seen her around during the most recent crisis. 

Didn't Angel tell him once about this one rank that basically let you take missions abroad alone? Warrant Officer or something? Maybe she was that.

Or maybe he was just bad with faces. Either way, it was a safe bet.

helo frens

IC (Jin)

"Where should we start?"

IC:

"Suggestions? They are your former associates."

IC: Ril

"It's better than Placard."

IC:

"What."

IC:

Somehow, I ended up sprawled on top of a bench somewhere in Ta-Koro, a half-eaten cheese sandwich clutched between two fingers and no idea where the Ax-man or the anonymous lady had gone off to.

My life was reaching an all-time low.

OOC: Gunner open to interaction.

-Void

Edited by Emissary

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Naohi [Ta-Koro {Streets} ]

This place, she just decided, was the most amazing place in the world! so many places to see, so many diverse people filling its streets, so much heat and glow from various volcanic cracks, accompanied by the ocasional spurt of smoke and ash.

This moment here, in these sweltering streets, was easily the best moment of her life! well, the best moment of her lifer after she washed up on a beach with no memory of her life!

she couldn't contain her excitme- oh hey wait,

where'd the green guy go?

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

IC:

"I'm a bum, kid," I told the Vortixx. "The rest of these people are ... I dunno. Regular old civilians."

-Void

IC: Elkau - Ta-Koro

"Alright Bum, do you have any idea why I washed up on a nearby beach with no idea who I am?"

Edited by masterchirox580

It's time to move on.

IC:

"Don't worry 'bout it. Mom loves company. Already putting these guys up for the night, no reason we can't find a spot." The Ta-Toa was walking again, but her pace slowed as she approached a particular storefront. "Shouldn't go paying for a room when y'don't need to."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

With a heavy sigh, I pushed myself up and slipped my legs over the bench's side so that I was sitting properly. One arm rested against the arm of the seat, the remnants of my cheese sandwich clutched in my fingers. The heat was starting to melt it, along with most other things in the village.

"Nah, most places," I said, taking another bite of my meagre meal, "are pretty decent. Po-Koro's worse, sure, but Ko-Koro's a beautiful little spot to watch the sunset from, and Le-Koro's got some of the best restaurants and concerts this side of the island. Onu-Koro might be a bit claustrophobic,  but its a real hubbub of activity and you tend to meet loads of interesting people there. And, heck, Ga-Koro's second to none; if you never visit another place in your life, visit Ga-Koro. Or Kini-Nui, I guess. You won't regret it."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC (Edubard, Ta-Koro):

"What my colleague is getting at is that he's a heavily opinionated individual and that every village on this island is different from the last," another person said, before tapping Elkau's left shoulder and walking past Elkau's right, in an attempt to minorly confuse the Vortixx. "I, for one, find Ta-Koro to be a perfectly fine place to be, so long as you stay away from any large lava flows. Floods here are worse than they might be in Ga-Wahi." Edubard grinned at Elkau, showing a set of perfectly taken care of teeth.

"Jury's still out on whether or not Ta-Koro lava floods are worse than any floods in Onu-Wahi, though. I rather think, myself, that dying quickly in a river of molten rock (but with a small possibility of getting out and surviving) might be better than slowly dying, one hundred percent surely, by drowning in a cavern full of water with no escape whatsoever." He turned, nodding at his fellow pirate/bum.

"Hullo, Gunner."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:

"Hey, I never said that I didn't like Ta-Koro," I pointed out to Edubard with a smirk, flicking my cheese-sandwich-wielding-hand for emphasis. "It's got good barbeque, good policing, and enough gullible people that I can restock the 'Vika for a year at a time for pocket change."

I took another bite of my sandwich.

"Good to see you too, Eddie," I said, mouth full.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC (Edubard, Ta-Koro):

"I would've sworn I told you not to call me that," Edubard said mildly, not really losing his smile. "For all that you like to act smart, it seems like everything people tell you goes in one ear and out the other."

profiles i guess

IC (Edubard, Ta-Koro):

"If only these were still the old days, I'd just discipline you like a very unruly child," Edubard replied, flexing one hand and showing off the guantlet he was wearing. "I'm sure that'd make you behave right quick."

profiles i guess