BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Dayeth.

"You like it?" Dayeth taunted, holding up her new hand. "Makuta rewards those who serve his will. Speaking of rewards, you still owe me a hundred widgets. But that, I'm afraid, will have to wait for another day..."

IC: Enforcer.

I finally break down the wall and enter the building. I spot a staircase and charge up it, plasma weapon drawn. I stop, seeing Verulas and an unfamiliar Le-Toa standing at the top, facing off against the Ta-Matoran.

Dayeth's gaze flashed from the nearby window to the third defender now stomping up the stairs. Verulas, a Vortixx and one of the Maru? She was well and truly outmatched.

"This isn't over," she assured them all, flinging a fireball at the three of them before hurling herself through the half-broken window. She landed on a piece of rubble from the fallen building and skidded safely down it and into the street, then turned to see if anyone was coming after her.

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Dastan and Veneras: I was under the impression that Mortem was some distance away from the group (the only reason Rekhyt could get there was cos he has a Kaulsi) so your attacks would not be directly after Raszk's. Also, isn't ko supposed to be full of Makuta's followers right now? I mean, Mortem could use a hand :P

IC: (Mortem)

Mortem placed his hand on the ground and shattered the ground underneath Razsk even as a Vo-Toa aproached, swinging a chain at him. The Vortixx attempted to bat it out of the way with the rod, which it succeeded in absorbing most of the force, but not stopping the end of the chain whipping round the rod and smacking Mortem in the face.

The cut that now ran along one side of Mortem's face angered him even more; practically punching the ground, he caused the earth around both him and the Vo-Toa erupt with enough force to knock the unsuspecting toa off his feet, but not affect Mortem, who was lying on the ground and braced for the force, that much.

As the ground exploded outwards, Mortem caught sight of a Ko-Toa rushing towards him, but the cloud of fragments and dust that engulfed the two, obscuring them from view for a second. Mortem rolled sideways, the toa's staff stabbing into the ground where he had been, but, although this took him further away from the fallen Dastan and Veneras, it also brought his arm into the path of a rock that shot into his wrist, cutting deep into the flesh and incapacitating his hand.

He hastily grabbed the knife and strapped it to his belt as Veneras loomed over him...the place where the hammer had hit still hurt like karz... 

EDIT: Gees guys, slow down :P three of you have posted in the time it took me to do this one post...

Also, I'm gonna be away for today, so don't all kill Mortem in the meantime :P

Edited by Silo

Kathok

IC: Razsk

As Mortem placed his hand on the ground Razsk jumps away from the spot he had been standing. He was a second too late, and jumped as the ground was collapsing beneath him.  Thus, he got less than half the lift he should have got from that jump, and stumbled as landed.  He used a small wave of sound as radar to see if Mortem was attacking him again as he got back up.

OoC: Dartakh from Ta-Wahi

IC: The Champion (Obsidian Outpost)

I arrive at Obsidian Outpost, my current home and workplace. It's mostly empty, because most of the refugees are now in Ta-koro, but I can't see the recruits anywhere. They are probably inside. I wonder if Zero has arrived yet, too. I suppose Veteran over there can tell me. "Where is everyone?" I ask from him with a loud voice as I approach him from a distance.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Veteran.

"Well mate..." Veteran cast a sideways glance towards towards where Forger and the titan were talking, and lowered his voice. "Judge is underground nursin' his empty eyeball holder, a and a bunch of the recruits followed the scary Cy-Toa back to Ko-Koro. Enforcer went with 'em. Ayar and Kouyran over there are also new. She's a recruit, he's a member. Forger is right there, talkin' to the giant fella. And me? I'm right 'ere talkin' to you, mate."

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I stay silent as I think for a moment. Zero's not here, and some recruits left to Ko-koro with the eyeball-destroying Cy-Toa? And Enforcer went along? What, is that a new trial for our recruits? Send them into a warzone to survive as long as possible? Ridiculous. "Why did the recruits and Enforcer leave with the Toa?" I ask and break the silence. I do see Forger talking with the grey Titan. I'm curious about the topic they're discussing about, but it isn't my business. And I swear, when Zero finds out about everything that has happened she is going to.. you know, I'm not actually sure what she's going to do. She is a strange and unpredictable person. At least I'm not in danger of being punished..

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC (Korero)

A rush of air from Korero's hand dispelled the fireball, and the Toa of Air leapt after Dayeth. Slowing his impact with the ground with a gust of wind, he landed opposite her.

"You said your hand was a reward from Makuta," he called, staring the Matoran down. "What do you mean?"

There was a pattern emerging here, and Korero didn't like it one bit.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Verulas shielded his eyes with his hand, feeling the air around them suddenly heat up as the Le-Toa extinguished the fireball. He turned to the Vortixx, shrugging as he picked up the bow and vaulted down the stairway as Korero leaped out the window. The Bo-Toa moved through the kitchen and kicked open the door, appearing on the other side of the rubble just in time to hear the Air-Toa's question.

"I was actually wondering about that as well," he said, flipping his knife between his fingers before addressing the Ta-Matoran. "Didn't anyone ever teach you that you should share with your playmates? You and your Vortixx friend suddenly gaining new powers is personally starting to make me feel a little bit left out."

His free hand grasped the hilt of his sword, preparing himself just in case she had decided to make another move.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: so much for making a clean getaway...

"You faithless infidels wouldn't understand," Dayeth spat, "I braved the journey to Makuta's Vault, and was rewarded by its guardians for my faith and fury," she raised her hand to the sunlight, its translucent skin glistening. "Face it Toa, you chose the wrong side."

I stand in the window, weapon trained on the Makuta-worshipping Ta-Matoran as she speaks. I find myself wanting to hear more, to know and understand how she came to possess such powers.

It seems the forces of evil are far more powerful than I thought...

IC: Veteran.

"Dunno exactly why they all left. Veneras used to be a Sanctum Guard, so I guess he aint completely got that out of his system. Rekhyt was bored, I dunno about the other guy. Enforcer went along to do his best to make sure some of 'em got back alive..."

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC Gresak:

The Sniper continued until he could hear the combatants close. He snuck further until he could see them, then lay flat. Slowly and silently removing his rifle from his back, he surveyed the fight.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC:

The gray-armored being shook Forger's hand with a far larger one, grip firm, but not overly so. Krayzikk gave a slight nod, leaning in slightly to the Fe-Toa. When he commented again, his voice was quiet but with a tinge of amusement. "I have little patience for word games, Mr. Mercenary."

"My name, as I've failed to provide it to... Anyone here, really, is Krayzikk." He gestured a hand at Kellin. "This is Kellin. Who, as always, has a point. I, and everyone else, did what I could. It may not have been enough, but that does not lessen the attempt."

He looked to the Ta-Toa respectfully. "And you are?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Rorg)

My companions and I are nothing if not efficient. The few rooms adjoining the inner sanctum are quickly searched and turn up empty, but we were expecting littlse else. That leaves the stairs, blocked by gates of hastily erected iron. They prove to be little challenge, and Eisen thrusts them aside with ease.

The last wall crumples to reveal a small battalion of guards, spears and launchers pointed in our direction. We take cover, avoiding the immediate threat of projectiles, but the way forward is clear now. Korzaa, if she is anywhere, will be beyond this small squadron.

IC: "Gevenne," he grunted, raising his head and nothing else with a herculean effort to meet the eyes of all three. "Formerly first line of defense of the Sanctum against the... floaty magnet skeleton guy and pals."

In spite of the murky haze of pain and painkillers clouding his perception of the world, he found it in himself to smile. "Now the kinda broken first line of defense, unfortunately. Can't win 'em all... glad you guys did."

helo frens

OOC Veneras stabbed upwards, so he would have struck the empty air, not the ground.

IC Veneras

The Ko Toa loomed over the Worshipper of Makuta, "Repent" his words were bled with a stoic zeal as he trained his staff on Mortem, blue energy surrounded it like a vapor as the staff prepared to freeze.

Edited by Veneras

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

IC Gresak:

Gresak watched the battle, trying to decide whom to shoot at.

OOC: What could Gresak see from his position?

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC Forger

"Rickert," I give the titan my surname.

"Formerly first line of defense of the Sanctum against the... floaty magnet skeleton guy and pals. Now the kinda broken first line of defense, unfortunately. Can't win 'em all... glad you guys did."

"Echelon?" The dark toa fits that description. Another reason to be glad things turned out this way, allying with the likes of Echelon would've been likely to end very badly.

...but close to it

IC: "You mean the side that invaded the city and butchered every defenseless person they came across? No thanks," Verulas said, unsheathing his sword and resting it upon his shoulder. "I may be a merc, selling out my skills to whoever's willing to shell out enough widgets. I may be in a less than desirable mood all day long, oozing sarcasm that rubs everyone I meet the wrong way. And for the record, I do believe in killing my enemies so that they don't come back for me later. But killing people that can't fight back? That's lower than I'd ever go, and that's saying something."

He sheathed his knife back on his leg before drawing back his cloak and pulling out the bag of widgets that he had took from her.

"As for these," he said, bouncing them in his hand. "I'd happily give them up to never see your face again. Admit it; you hide behind Makuta because you're too weak to do anything by yourself, and it's pathetic. You aren't even worth enough of my time to be considered an enemy, let alone a threat."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: Oh, you just had to go her off, didn't you?  ;)

All Dayeth could see was red. His words meant nothing; he meant nothing. She knew this to be truth, but she couldn't convince herself of it. His sheer stupidity and pathetic insults - his blind, faithless ignorance - enraged her. He needed to know, to understand. "I do not hide behind anyone! Makuta gave me this power!" her ash hand blazed with crackling flames, fueled by her anger, "Have you ever so much as heard of a Matoran being able to wield fire before? Does your "great spirit" grant you such powers?" she whirled on Korero. "And you, Toa Maru, who is so presumptuous to think a god can truly be defeated. Even in exile, Makuta still grants his blessing upon those who are faithful to him. Can you say as much about your own god?" 

This situation is spiraling out of control.

I take aim with my plasma weapon and shoot at the Matoran's feet, forcing her to stumble back. "Verulas!" I shout. "Kimala left us! We have no reason to be here. It's time we left this place. This isn't our fight; leave the Maru to do his work."  

Dayeth staggered back from the plasma splashed across the ground at her feet. She raised her hand, palm open, and drained the heat from the steaming pool, absorbing the elemental heat energy and using it to fuel her own power. "Yes Verulas," she taunted, "Run. Run like the coward you are. The cowards all of you are!"

IC: Arabeth - [Ambages' Mansion]

Bold, but foolish

The grenade arced on its path towards Arabeth. The Dervish swung back her scimitar and leaped back wards. The grenade struck the spot where she was at scant moments ago. The staircase started to crumble, but most importantly, the barrier shattered.

The Dervish regained her footing slightly behind where she was. The stunned Toa of Ice only had time to draw his shield before Arabeth fell upon him, striking the shield once, twice, before sending electricity coursing from her sword to the shield and into the defender.

As the Toa lay twitching on the floor, the Matoran still on top fired. The grenade destroyed what remained of the weakened section of staircase as she turned invisible and rolled away.

The Matoran on the ground floor turned away and stalked towards the Hapaka, perhaps hoping to hold him hostage.

"I bloody hope they will," I say. Forger and the Titan are shaking hands. I wonder why.. but I have no reason to care. "I'm going on a short jogging hike. I'll be back in a few hours. I suppose we will begin the combat trials for recruits once Enforcer returns with them?" He nods, and I walk inside, leave my stuff inside my room, and leave the outpost. It's important to upkeep your strength and stamina, and jogging is the best way to train the latter. The rocky, steep terrain around is not the best for this, but it will suffice. I should also need to train my ability to fight on snowy terrain at some point, because the hospital attack was humiliating for me. I let the enemy run away. That shall not happen again..

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: (Mortem)

"Repent."

The vortixx stared at Veneras with pure hatred in his eyes and said: "Repent what? I am the faithful, you are the unbeliever here...Makuta has gifted me for I am trusted as his servant and- "

IC: (Rekhyt)

-the Fa toa appeared between the Veneras and the vortixx, grabbing Mortem by the neck and punching him repeatedly.

"Thats for ####ing Ko, you ####ing ####! And that's for ####ing covering me in shards of ####ing ####, you ####ing #######!" ...he took a deep breath..."Now #### off!" He gave the vortixx a kick, sending him sprawling into the snow. Blood covered the vortixx's face, staining the snow red...

"Never ####ing come back!"

He turned to Veneras: "We need to go, this place is full of Makuta's "servants"...To be honest, it's a surprise none have found us so far, and when they do, they won't be best pleased that we've beaten up two of their lap-dogs." Rekhyt sighed.

"On the other hand, we could take this guy in for questioning..." he indicated the vortixx "I'm pretty intrigued by these powers that seem to be springing up in Makuta's followers..."

Kathok

"Have you ever so much as heard of a Matoran being able to wield fire before? Does your "great spirit" grant you such powers?" she whirled on Korero. "And you, Toa Maru, who is so presumptuous to think a god can truly be defeated. Even in exile, Makuta still grants his blessing upon those who are faithful to him. Can you say as much about your own god?" 

IC (Korero)

"You said it yourself," Korero replied, and there was a fire in his eyes. "I'm a Toa Maru. Once I was just a Matoran. Now I have teammates, Brothers and Sisters, who I trust with my life. I have a mask that can transport me wherever I need to be. And I hold within me the power and spirit of Lewa himself.

"So yeah, I think I can."

• Upvote 6

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: "It's called becoming a Toa, but then again, you wouldn't know because the universe probably thought that you were too irritating to get a stone. And don't take me for a hypocrite; Mata Nui can go to Karz, and I don't go running to him every time I need my butt saved."

He turned up to the Vortixx to address him next.

"You're right. We came to evac Matoran, not to waste time with this poor excuse for one. But we should make an attempt to look for Kimala before leaving; the whole reason we're here is because of her, and she might have gotten farther than we did on the rescuing front."

The Bo-Toa turned back to the Ta-Matoran.

"You're just mad because I have friends... and you don't... because you're annoying."

Finally, he turned to Korero.

"I hate that I have to dump her on you, but the Vortixx is right; we've got to go. She's a bit unpredictable though, so watch out," he said, pointing to his shoulder wound. "Maybe the next time we meet, it'll be in a bar instead of in combat. I'll even buy the drinks."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Kimala

"Well, consider this one task finished," came Kimala's voice. She approached Verulas and Korero, one of her tomahawks in hand, though she slipped it back into its slot in her belt when she saw the battle was finished. "Sorry I vanished on you. I just figured six against two were good enough odds you didn't need my help." She gave Korero a smile.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC Veneras

The toa of ice stood dumbstruck by the beating. His shard wound began to fade and he started to feel the deeper injury. His left knee siezed up, bringing him to the ground, which welcomed him in a white soft pillow to ease the pain. This must have happened when I crashed from the wall he thought, using his staff to leverage himself back up. 

He waved his hand to gather Dastan and Rekhyt to himself "Their hearts are unrepentive, and so on the day of judgement I will offer no absolution." he began "We must go back to the Outpost. We must regroup. There will be no salvation on this day."

--Character Profiles--

IC Gresak:

The Skakdi decided to take out the good guys; THe villains were more likely to pay him. He looked for a likely target.

Edited by Teclax Master of Tech

"What about him?" the Fa-Toa asked, indicating Mortem again.

IC Veneras

The vortixx lay, pulped and bloodied in the snow "I offer no absolution." he repeated "take him to the Obsidian Outpost. There he will atone for his sins" Veneras rubbed his aching leg as he gestured for Rekhyt and Dastan to retrieve the immobilized Mortem. 

Edited by Veneras

--Character Profiles--

IC: Verulas was glad to see that Kimala was okay, but was a little disheartened to find out that she was returning alone.

"So...," he said flatly. "No Matoran, huh? It's nice to know that we came all this way for nothing."

He sheathed his sword and pocketed the widgets once more before heading back towards the wall.

"Well, come on then. Off to Ta-Koro we go. I guess the drinks are on me since I was probably the only one who got paid today."

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"We need to find Dastan, Veneras and Rekhyt first," I remind them. I'm angered by the sight of Kimala, just wandering out of nowhere to rejoin us - and empty-handed, no less. Because of her stupid plan I have three injured recruits to care for. Despite my promise to Verulas, I am begining to lose patience with Kimala...

But that will have to wait. "We leave now," I intone, pushing myself through the window and dropping down into the street, before leading the pair away. It's time to get out of this karz-forsaken city.

Dayeth's hate-filled stare fixated on Verulas and Kimala as they passed her by, a silent promise that this wasn't over. Once they were gone, she focused her attention on the Toa Maru.

"So... Just you and me now."

Edited by NatoGreavesy

"What about him?" the Fa-Toa asked, indicating Mortem again.

IC: Razsk:

Razsk slings his hammer over his back, next to his other one.  He replies, "If he's caused you lots of trouble, do what you will.  I may not approve, but I will not stand in the way.  There are times when the code must be ignored for the safety of all."

OOC: WOuld MOrtem be visible to a Skakdi hiding next to a snow drift with telescopic vision?

IC: Kimala

She raised an eyebrow. "Rescuing Matoran was only one part of the reason I came. Oreius beat us to that. I wasn't able to reach him, but I could see he'd led the Matoran outside the city already. If you're going to Ta-Koro, then this may be where we part ways." She noted the Ta-Matoran, then her hand and her jaw tightened. So much for maiming to reduce threat level. She said nothing to her, instead turning to Korero. "Toa Maru," she addressed him reverently, "If you have room for one more Toa's aid, I wish for nothing more than to be that Toa."

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Verulas stopped, slapping his forehead in frustration. He knew that the Vortixx was getting fed up with her, and to be honest, he was too tired to continue.

He had three broken ribs in the process of healing, a knife wound to his shoulder and a cut on his side that was stitched up, multiple burns across his body, and now a bloody gash on his forehead. If he wasn't used to having the Karz kicked out of him so much, he would've passed out in a snowbank a long time ago. He knew that he couldn't keep watch over her anymore, and any further effort to do so would likely result in one or both of them getting killed.

He was left with one other option, and he hated it.

"Hey, Korero," he said. "Forget the drinks. Keep her safe, and I'll get you and your Maru buddies an entire bar to enjoy when I can afford it. I'm not much good to anyone in my condition, and she's better off with you anyway."

"And Kimala... be sure to get a few good hits in on Shorty for me. If anyone can smack the crazy out of her, it's you."

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

I nod approvingly. It seems Verulas is as fed up as I am with Kimala. "Good choice," I say. I don't often voice my approval of other's decisions, but I do so now. "Come. We're finding the others then getting out of this karz-forsaken city."

With that, I leave the alleyway behind. I'm done with this fight, and with this city.

"Get in line, Kimala," Dayeth hissed to the Cy-Toa. "The Maru was here first. We're not done talking yet."

Edited by NatoGreavesy