BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

Kale Ironshaper- Ko-koro- Aggressor Hideout

IC: Kale simply nodded at Krayn's statement. They all knew how precarious their current position was.

"While we wait for the other two to get back why don't I show you all what I saw. See if we can't narrow down the options." A sweep of his hand caused a collection of small metal spheres to form in the middle of the room. "These are all the collections of metal large enough to be Matoran that I could see. That's not to say that they are all Matoran, but it's the best I could do."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC (Echelon)

Echelon acknowledged the introduction with a curt nod.

"Vezok," he echoed the name. "You may remember Kohra."

He indicated his Vortixx associate with one hand.

"I have been told that you escaped imprisonment in Ta-Koro at the same time she did."

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

Briefly, I flicked my attention to the female vortixx, though why the snake wasn't where this showboating featherweight currently forcing himself off as a Dark Lord was right now was beyond me. She'd shown more tact when it came to these things than he certainly did. Echelon was a player in whatever game Zaktan was dreaming up right now, Kohra on the other hand...

I didn't bother with the meaningless breath Hakann seemed keen on wasting, too much time had been wasted already by some pretense. A motion stopped my Rahkshi in their tracks by the entrance. I didn't need them. Still making my way forward through the chamber, I started without preamble.

"We have use for you and your city, Echelon. It would be in your- the best interest of this agreement to provide support. Who knows, we may remove some of the issues currently plaguing your Dark Conquest."

#### this place was getting to me, I was beginning to sound like Hakann.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Mar (Drifts)

Someone once remarked to me that If silence was a Virtue, I'd have fulfilled my Destiny long ago. Can't say I disagreed with her, but I'd long since stopped putting much stock in the dos and don'ts of the Great Spirit's Virtues.

And yet, it kind of stuck, I guess. "Virtuouso of Silence", it certainly has a ring to it. Too bad it sounds way prettier than I could ever hope to be.

I bring this up because our merry band apparently had, for the moment, unianimosly and silently agreed to partake in a session of "longest dramatic silence ever". Either that, or I was just feeling unusually impatient today.

Since I was going to notice the second anyone opened their mouths, I'd taken to killing a little time with Karv. Just now, he was already on his way back through the snow, petrified, frozen bit of wood clenched between his teeth.

He bounded to a stop near me, creating a small whiff of loose snow that got wrapped up in the wind. His eyes beckoned up at me expectantly, his concentration so singular and focused that I'd probably have envied him were I in Dorian's shoes right now.

I took a short breath, and grabbed the other end of the stick, I immediately felt a ripple through it that carried over into my arm as Karv steeled himself and tightened his grip. Quickly, my stance shifted to legs set apart, other arm out to the side, and I pulled. He pulled back, and it was on.

I took a big step backwards, leveraging my superior size, and forced him forwards a few steps, he responded by frantically jerking the stick around in his grip, waving my arm around like a dead fowl between his teeth. I stepped forward until I loomed over him and messed up his leverage, and then we sprung from each other again, connected at each end by a frozen piece of wood. He pulled back, I held on, I started to pull and he clung to it as if to life itself. His instincts guided him to hang on, and my thoughts said much the same.

I gave a little, letting him crouch down and growl quitely under his breath, intensifying when I pulled again, his tail wagged ears lay flat against his head, and he held on. At that point, I gave way again, followed when he pulled back, and deftly jerked it out of his grasp. His open mouth trailed it a little, before he stopped and stared at me. Another round?

"Sure, boy" I said, and tossed the stick off into the distance, with a black and white blur trailing after it.

This wasn't half bad.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Echelon)

The blue Piraka's thoughts were not as private as he intended. It was no small amusement to Echelon that Vezok thought himself an authority on tact, of all things.

"Go on," he said.

IC (Ko-Koro Gate Guards)

"Well, I'm convinced," the Lesterin drawled, and jerked a thumb over his shoulder at the open gate. "In you go, you two. Have fun."

'Stinkeye' meanwhile appeared to be in a world of his own, eyes glazed over, mouth spread wide in a stupid smile. The captain took it upon himself to snap him out of it via a quick jab from the butt of his Patero.

"Next!" he hollered at the queue of beings awaiting entry, as Stinkeye sheepishly pulled himself together.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC (Ko-Koro Gate Guards)

The guard captain looked Korgrax up and down, thought for a moment, then nodded.

"All right, you can pass. Next!"

The Lesterin mercenary appreciated visitors like this Skakdi. Simple, straight to the point, and clearly (from his appearance alone) quite at home butchering people for money. Exactly the kind of troublemaker his employers wanted in their city. It was the smooth-talking types that you had to watch out for...

Edited by Ghosthands

IC: Korgrax

That was surprising painless, Korgrax thought to himself.  He nodded to the Lesterin as he walked through the gates.  Now to find somewhere, anywhere warm, preferably with drinks.

OOC: Open for interaction.

Edited by Vestak

IC: Chivinix

The tall insectoid otherwise known as Chivinix had started to make his way towards the front of the city, at least he assumed the location around the main gates could at best be considered the front of the city. From his perch atop one of the numerous buildings he watched the new comers enter, though his eyes were particularly focused on the recent skakdi who arrived, sporting quite a bit of armor.

He would be intimidating if not for the fact he was shivering from the cold

He continued to watch Korgrax, curious as to what kind of trouble this skakdi would get into.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Korgrax had never been to Ko before, and so he was looking at everything.  Not because he was enjoying the sights but because he wanted to know the city, figure out where to go if things got bad, good places to hide a body, that sort of thing.  That's how he noticed the bizarre bug looking at him.  He briefly considered knocking it down with a blast of impact vision, but decided against it.  Who knows why it was there, or what it even was.  For all he knew it could be Echelon's right hand man/bug/thing.  He held it's gaze evenly, wondering if it would react.

IC: Pae - Ko-Koro Gates

Pae was next in line, and stepped up. He gave a look at the dazed brick-faced one before turning his attention properly forward, "I'm here to find work too," he looked further up the gate, speaking of the Skakdi who just entered before him, "Just not as loudly as he."

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Kallazekh

The blue and silver armored skakdi stood atop one of the massive windmills in the city, watching the new arrivals from the main gate.  

Hopefully more people means more jobsHe thought to himself.

Business for his bounty-hunting services had been slow recently, and Kallazekh had been bored out of his mind for the past few days.  

Maybe everyone has simply stopped hating each other.  Kallazekh chuckled.  Yeah right.

The skakdi was about to turn away to return to his home, but a figure atop an adjacent building caught his eye.  The figure was strange and insectoid-looking, and had a vicious-looking weapon strapped to his waist.  

Never seen a rahi like that, Kallazekh thought, confused.  The figure had his back turned to him, and seemed to be watching the entrance equally as intently as Kallazekh had been. Kallazekh smiled to himself and decided to stay and watch the figure.  

Whatever this thing is, it might lead me to something fun.

OOC:  First post on the RPG, hope something interesting happens  ;)

Edited by Yo_Yo_Piraka

OOC: Just an fyi Yo_Yo, Chivinix's weapon is strapped around his waist, not his back. Just a minor thing, also welcome to the BZPRPG

The fact Korgrax had noticed him staring did not deter Chivinix, but instead it spurred him on. He said nothing, nor did he move an inch as he stared down the heavily armored Skakdi from his perch. Chivinix knew who win this staring contest, for Korgrax had already demonstrated the fact he was giving into the cold of the Wahi. Though from what little he had learned of this island, he knew that Skakdi were often quite confrontational, never being willing to back down from a challenge...Chivinix merely wondered if they would allow their determination to lead into stupidity.

Will he freeze before he breaks away? This I wish to see.

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Pae was next in line, and stepped up. He gave a look at the dazed brick-faced one before turning his attention properly forward, "I'm here to find work too," he looked further up the gate, speaking of the Skakdi who just entered before him, "Just not as loudly as he."

IC (Ko-Koro Gate Guards)

"And your name?"

This bug was starting to bother Korgrax.  I'll just show it why it's never wise to have a staring contest with a skakdi.  Korgrax fires a weak blast of impact vision at the creature's eyes, then rounds the corner.  Now I find a bar.

OOC: Gothicus comin' in from Po.

IC: The trek to Ko-Koro had been a pain (sometimes literally) due to the Po-Matoran's limp. Lack of transportation and his own stubbornness had left him tired, and even hungrier and thirstier than before.
Once he made it to the city's gates, he hoped that he could make it in with no problems, or else things might not end too well.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Kallazekh watched as the creature began to watch a skakdi walking along the streets with fierce intensity.  

Does he know something I don't?  Kallazekh wondered,  who is that skakdi? 

Kallazekh knew that if a fight started, that creature might need two to take down.  

This just gets better and better, He thought as he rested his let his hand rest of the hilt of his knife, waiting for someone to make a move.

OOC: Fixed previous post, thanks Voxumo 

IC (Ko-Koro Gate Guards)

"And your name?"

Pae did not hesitate in answering, very simply "Karakah. I'm told this is the place to be for people like me."

He hoped it would suffice. But of course, Pae was never much of a talker. This was the sort of thing Jin could do. He felt naked in the ice-cold air, despite being bundled up in many warm layers.

| BZPRPG Profiles |

If there was one thing his dark creator wanted his species to be able to do, it was dodge and dodge quickly. Chivinix ducked his head forward as he noticed the slight twinge of muscle around Korgrax's eyes, indicating the skakdi was likely using one of those vision powers they seemed so keen on using. As the 'impact' blast whizzed past his head, he was already moving to a better position so as to watch the gate, unaware that yet another skakdi had been watching the entire display.

I'll let the skakdi think he won this... Will make him unprepared for the future.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC:

I stared at the metal spheres Kale had created, leaning down to get a better look. "So numbers wise how many matoran are you estimating could be down there? If we're going to attempt contact and some form of rescue we should try to be prepared for how many hostages we'll have to get out of there." I honestly didn't know if a rescue attempt was possible with our numbers, we still lacked the intel to know for sure. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

I attempted to ignore the fact that the fanatic was slinking around in places that he should really leave alone. Hakann undoubtedly knew as well, that gunmetal viper of his certainly giving the egomaniac this strain of thought as well. Unwilling to not get anything out of this, I locked eyes with Echelon as I spoke, focusing my attention entirely on him.

"The Maru have made themselves an obstacle, one that needs to be removed. We wouldn't be in this situation if it weren't for them, now would we, Toa? You wouldn't have had to take control of this city if your god hadn't been beaten by a motley group of vigilantes. And yet, even now they still roam the island hailed as heroes, despite this... injustice to your cause."

"They will be coming here, of course. You've made yourself, and this city, a target for any half-sane would-be heroes on this island. I propose we offer them a trade. The lives of the hostages you hold in these walls for those fancy Kanohi they hold onto like a crutch. Make them choose between those they swear to protect and the tools they use to do so. And when they refuse and attempt to save the poor souls here, because no self-respecting hero would deal with the likes of us, we will remove them. For you."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

-IC:-

"This is all, of course, suggested under the assumption that the Maru aren't already being dealt with. I find it very hard to believe that a military force such as The Pact would be so short-sighted as to ignore such a threatening opponent, especially with professional assassins composing such a large percentage of their numbers." Unlike Vezok's soldiers, my Rahkshi maintain their presence, staying in their carefully designated positions. I stand with hands clasped behind back, every component of my body's language reinforcing the appearance of ease and calm. The faint hint of a smile graces my lips. "I'm certain that all present find the Maru to be a high-priority threat; their deaths would be more than useful for any of your strategies. So, why do they still breathe?"

• Upvote 1

pNNgXax.jpg

IC:Arankhe

Arankhe nodded.

"Right, of course. Let's go." Arankhe put the way back, circling Rynekk and heading for the door.

IC:

"Right," Ry said, following her, slow and steady, out the door and out into the cold air. Flipping up his hood, he turned to look at her and flashed one last cheeky smile.

"Race ya."

IC (Ko-Koro Gate Guards)

"Well, I'm convinced," the Lesterin drawled, and jerked a thumb over his shoulder at the open gate. "In you go, you two. Have fun."

IC:

So, we were in.

Unsure as I was whether they still had ears on us, I decided to keep up the guise of 'Kapi' just a little longer. Part of me briefly considered moving in, looping an arm around Jin's waist until we were close enough to whisper anything we wanted without anyone being the wiser. I remembered that she was, maybe, the woman who killed the Grampa of the most militaristic of military villages, and decided against that course of action.

"Let's get in out of the chill, babe," I said, trying to sound more ... tonal than usual. "Ko-boys and girls seem to have been a hurry to go. Looks like we've got our pick of abodes."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"We don't have enough intel to plan anything." Krayn said bluntly, while he settled in a chair to start stitching up the hole in Skyra's coat. "We don't even know if those are Matoran, and if they are, whether they're the Matoran we're looking for. We still don't even know if the hostages are in the Sanctum."

"Planning any course of action at this point would be insane."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:Arankhe

Now aware of what Rynekk's mask did, Arankhe responded with a simple stare.

"Even if I accepted, I'd have already lost." She briefly gestured to his mask. "Best I could do is propel myself with my shield, and chances are that would draw more attention than we'd like."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC:

"Spoilsport," he said, shrugging. "All right, I guess we take the long way, then."

The long way got them back to the safe(ish) house in enough time for a thickening layer of frost to have built up around the edge of Rynekk's hood and a chill running deep into his bones, but the Sentinel couldn't complain too much. Arankhe had been right: this way, they'd gotten there undetected.

Pushing open the door and tightening his vocal cords, he stepped inside.

"Well, whada we have here?" he said, his voice a guttural baritone.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: 

"Yeah, that's a good point, there simply isn't anyway to know if those are even Matoran, or if they're hostages or not." Krayn was right, there simply was not enough to go on for us to make a move, at least on that front. It was about then that I heard footsteps and then the familiar sound of Rynekk's voice. 

"Ah good, you're here." I turned away from Kale's collection of metal spheres to look at the returning duo. "A lot has happened since we separated, let me fill you in on the details..." 

I proceeded to give Rynekk and Arankhe a lengthy and detailed explanation of how we'd found my black sheep of a brother Xxeth at the Sanctum, and how Krayn had expertly tricked the mercenary into giving him information about Echelon and the sort of weapons and dark magic he had at his disposal. Then we explained how Krayn had convinced Xxeth to leave Ko-koro forever and never return, and how Xxeth decided to actually leave me alone and gave Krayn even more information about how Ambages had kicked the bucket after being injected with an overdose of some sort of antidermis based serum that gave matoran elemental powers and was addictive as well. 

"...and that's why either Rynekk or Kale has to go warn the koros about all this." 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Arankhe

Layer of frost still coating much of her armor, Arankhe leant against the wall.

"Interesting. It's entirely possible they've already put this serum to use beyond Ko, they may have spies and agents, whom can throw fire or something like that, and we have no way to know." Arankhe rubbed her chin. "Unless they've only just gotten their hands on it." She looked down, at her icy armor.

"I shall return shortly." She walked into another room.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC:

So, we were in.

Unsure as I was whether they still had ears on us, I decided to keep up the guise of 'Kapi' just a little longer. Part of me briefly considered moving in, looping an arm around Jin's waist until we were close enough to whisper anything we wanted without anyone being the wiser. I remembered that she was, maybe, the woman who killed the Grampa of the most militaristic of military villages, and decided against that course of action.

"Let's get in out of the chill, babe," I said, trying to sound more ... tonal than usual. "Ko-boys and girls seem to have been a hurry to go. Looks like we've got our pick of abodes."

-Void

IC (Jin)

"Mmm, good idea," I agreed. 

I looked around the village as we walked in. It'd definitely changed since my last visit: sure, it was still populated, but the quality of the villagers had gone south. The silent pseudo-intellectuals were gone, replaced by ragged men and women with hungry eyes and openly-brandished weapons.

The huts were still standing for the most part, but a closer look revealed the general state of decay. Broken-down doors and board-up windows seemed pretty common; I guess most of the new inhabitants weren't as concerned with housekeeping as the old ones. Still, the huts would provide some shelter from the wind, which was all I really cared about at the moment. Sure, we could head for one of the many bars the village now offered (they popped up, the bars, like pimples on the mountain's face, eager to collect the coin of the island's dregs), but we needed somewhere a bit more private to hash out something resembling a plan.

"How about that one?" I pointed down a side street, towards a house whose door hung listlessly off one of its hinges. If I had to guess at an empty place, it'd be that one.

IC: Chivinix - Rooftop near the front gate

The insectoid crouched down further on the rooftop, attempting to get comfortable despite how solid the roof is. He watched as more and more newcomers were let in, most completely missing the fact he was even there. It was then that two Vortixx walked in, seemingly a couple if appearances was any hint. He had not seen many Vortixx on this island, compared to the other inhabitants at least. He leaned forward and watched the path of the Vortixx with intrigue, curious where this couple would go, given how 'cruel' ko-koro could be.

OOC: Chivinix open for Interaction still

IC: Syvra - Sanctum waiting room

Syvra continued to wait outside the room that hosted the current meeting, though as he watched two skakdi with an entourage of Rahkshi following, his mind naturally drifted to the possibilities of what could be going on in the meeting

Those must be a part of the Piraka we have heard about.

Yes... I was thinking the same thing. It's odd really, that six Skakdi managed to gain such power and influence.

I agree, especially with how Skakdi are as a species. But weirder things have happened.

Indeed, such as Kanohi gaining sentience.

No words were given in return by Venixa, but Syvra was certain he could feel her staring at him coldly from the back of his mind. He simply shook his head and reached into his satchel, pulling out a small tome he often read when he had the freetime. It was a collection of Vortixxian poems, collected by a rather eccentric Matoran.  

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC:

Until now, I had been more focused on listening to that which occurred around me than actually voicing my own thoughts in the discussion at hand. I was more useful in military matters than in governmental, after all, and always had been. This discussion, however, involving the likes of assassins and murderers (however much I might loathe the use of such tools)  was blurring the line, and it had quite well piqued my interest. The two Piraka below me both seemed rather intelligent, although perhaps too sure of their abilities to deal with the Maru; still, they spoke well, and their thoughts still had some merit behind them.

After all, I knew, as well as my compatriots did, that the Maru were probably the largest single threat to our hold of this city, to our grasp on power. They had managed to take our master out of the picture in the past, they were obviously differentiated from the average Toa by both their given powers and their simple power compared to the average, and they were the most widely-hailed heroes of the island. To act as though they weren't a threat to us would be the single greatest tactical mistake to be made by any being to have lived on this island in all its history. However, contrary to what these Piraka might possibly think (as, of course, I wouldn't know, having no abilities of telepathy), we weren't making that horrific blunder.

"While the Maru are, as you say, a very high-priority target and a very grave threat," I began, sitting up in my seat, "You would do well to remember that they are not the only concern that we have here. While removing them from the island's military and political stage would certainly be a great boon to us, there's no way to ensure that any assassination attempt will be successful, regardless of how many professionals we have and their abilities. What, then, if such an attempt is to fail?" I let my expression shift into one of careful consideration, leaning forward as I addressed Hakann more directly.

"It would be tantamount to us signing our own death warrant, were we to have done that so quickly and rashly." Now I let my true opinion show, snorting at the thought of having tried to remove the Maru earlier than this. "When we stormed this city and took it over, we caused a good deal of damage to it. Not only that, but we damaged its defenses as well. We've had to rebuild those, and while doing that, carefully monitor the activities of the city around us, do our best to ensure that nobody enters the city who would be likely to undermine the order we wish to create, and simply consolidate our power. It's a very tentative ceasefire we have right now, and one that none of us expect to last very long. That's why we've been focused on rebuilding the essential elements of the city, forifying our defences, garnering greater strength, and preparing for the inevitable. The other inhabitants of this island are highly unlikely to simply allow us to remain here, unmolested, and for good reason. We've killed their brothers, taken their territory, defiled their monuments..." I trailed off, shaking my head and sitting back.

"We've needed a fortress, not a village. Do you remember what happened to Pala-Koro, how it was almost completely destroyed? They were trusting, and unprepared for what may happen, regardless of what they might have thought. Ko-Koro was unprepared for what happened, lulled into a sense of false security with Makuta's fall, even despite the murder of their previous Akiri. How foolish would we be if we were to allow the same to happen to us? Now given that...say we sent assassins after the Maru. If successful, it's possible the Matoran might have been disheartened and despair, and leave us be...or it might have incited them to attack us in retaliation. If we failed? We'd look weak, and they might have been even more likely to speed up preparations for an attack on us, and storm us when we weren't ready. It could easily have been just as much of a rout as when we took over this village and forced many of its previous inhabitants to flee or be put to the sword. We've only now come into a time where such an idea as assassinating the Maru is remotely feasible for us, a viable strategy, rather than a highly possible - and I might even say likely - attempt at suicide. The Maru still breathe, not because we are short-sighted, but because we are cautious."

I had carefully watched the Piraka and those with them the whole time, in order to gauge their reactions; however, I wanted to see something more. These Piraka spoke well, for the most part at least; I wondered what reaction they might give when baited into it.

"Truly, given what I know of some of you Piraka and your propensities for leaving a swathe of destruction in your wake, I'm almost surprised that you still breathe. Or is that merely because you're light enough on your feet that, when the going gets tough, you're able to make a hasty retreat from that which might threaten you?"

Edited by Lontra Canadensis
  • Upvote 5

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Kallazekh pondered his options.  That creature over there sure seems interested in all those beings at the enterance.

I've definitely never seen anything like him.  And with a weapon like that, he must be dangerous.  

Kallazekh's mind slowly formulated a plan.  If I hunt this creature, I could say that I was protecting the koro from a powerful threat.  Maybe I could get a reward or at least get some recognition.  That's gotta be good for business.  

Another idea popped into his head, and Kallazekh smiled thoughtfully.

In fact, I bet there are some collectors out there who would love a rare creature like this on their mantle.

Kallezekh made up his mind.  He stood up on top of the windmill and took the heavy weapon off of his back.

"HEY!  YOU THERE!" he shouted across the wind, while simultaneously charging his railgun.

-IC:-

My gaze swivels slowly, moving by millimetres in response to every syllable until the entirety of this speaker's visage is in view. I note every unusual feature for further reference. My smile remains undisturbed.

"The death warrant is signed.

"As I'm sure you're quite aware, you invaded a city-state. Conquered it and razed a fair share of it, to be exact. Slaughtered a portion of citizens, displaced another portion, and kept the rest as hostages. You have five city-states of at least equal individual power who are no doubt ready to do whatever the situation requires to remove this regime from existence. This island's city states, including this one, have, for all intents and purposes, minor gods assigned to their protection."

"These gods, it is worth noting, appear to have removed your deity from the equation entirely. You have removed perhaps a third of your military force, and added them to your list of enemies. Besides the Piraka and whatever mercenaries you can sway into temporary employment, you have no allies. Tell me, how do you plan to consolidate your power well enough, rebuild your city strongly enough, to counter the offensive that you have stated will come?"

"This ceasefire is not tentative, it is nonexistent. You admit yourself that these hostages of yours are a tenuous tactic at best, little more than a distraction, yet, as far as I am aware, they are your only option in the area of strategic defense. You have an island overpopulated with manqué heroes dying for an opportunity to wave the banner of war in the name of whatever morality they hold dear, and your only defense from open war are a few Matoran. How many times can you expect to successfully keep these suicidal crusaders from a rescue? I should mention that, as far as I could tell, all that is required to enter this city, which you say is carefully monitoring itself, is a name and an occupation."

"Undermining is not something as insignificant as a possibility; at this stage, I would reassign it the title of certainty."

Breathing calm, measured. Heartbeat counted and kept in meter. 

"You speak truth when you state the Maru are not the only threat your city can expect to face. They are merely the greatest by far. An army of any single Koro will have to march to reach your gates. You can harass such an opponent, perhaps initiate a war a tactical and strategic genius with superior resources might be capable of winning. I have a proposal to deal with would-be rescuers, although it is not perfect. I do not, however, have a single positive possibility for any scenario that deals with even three of the Maru in this city under the pretense of ending a war before it may begin in earnest. I have no doubt that the six of them could bring this entire Sanctum and much of the surrounding area down on our heads, ending the threat entirely.

"The Maru are not a great strategic factor. They are the ultimate one. If what remains of the Mangaia Pact is as great as I was led to believe, there might be a chance of winning the war your invasion started, if, and only if, the Maru are dead or broken. They negate every single advantage your experience, your powers, and your location derive. To state it kindly, every day they live you can assure yourselves that your demise is nearing. As my associate Vezok once noted, Makuta, his children, and his followers failed to remove them from the equation while they were mere Matoran. They promptly succeed in removing your god entirely. Your logic, as far as I am able to discern, for not attempting their removal again, is that the action might start a war.

"The war has been started. The invasion of this city drew a line in the sand and promptly stormed across it. Fortification delays the inevitable; you have started a blitzkrieg against a homogeneous force easily five times your equal, with champions able to match any of us in open combat. From the perspective of every other military power on this island, caution has not been a component of your strategic repertoire. Introducing it now could be considered as nothing but a bumbling display of incertitude. You do not have to concern yourself with appearing weak. Your situation does that for you, and so very much more. As for the tactics of my comrades and myself... Your analysis is quite astute. We have indeed retreated in the presence of a tactical situation with no offensive solution. I understand exactly that my drawing of breath is due to equal amounts of skill and chance. I also understand that the beings who failed to kill us will not make the same mistake twice. If we are on the subject of Ta-Koro, I cannot help but wonder if you think the Maru less capable of such an action."

Breathing slows. Smile gains a slight hint of relaxation.

"We digress. My associate and I did not come to state the obvious, but to attempt a solution. If you believe the results of the death of the Maru to be anything besides a net gain in any scenario involving costs less than the loss of Ko-Koro and our own lives, I'm afraid we must reconcile our strategic viewpoints."

• Upvote 7

pNNgXax.jpg

IC:

"There is an island full of heroes that as of yet has been doing everything possible to build their military strength and gather what little intel might truly be available to them, while we have been biding our time until our position is physically defensible enough that we can afford to make any overt strikes on our enemy beyond our initial acquisition of territory," I replied to my companion, my tone just as flat and matter-of-fact as his. I was impressed by how well he responded to my comments, especially the last; while I don't particularly enjoy his particular method of combat, I will say that he has at least proven his ability to survive, even if, as he said, it relied as much on skill as on chance. That's a good quality to have in any ally; one that gets himself killed in combat is either too unskilled or too foolish to keep around yourself.

"While our willingness to let those who wish to enter the Koro do so might seem far too lax, you are forgetting the security force we have. We do what we can to enforce order in this Koro...something you haven't really helped with." I snorted again. "Though I won't argue the point of the mercenaries much, don't forget the funds we have at our disposal. For as long as we have an obvious advantage, they will fight for their pay. For so long as we don't, they'll be essentially cornered beasts, and will fight as such to defend themselves, knowing that any attempt to surrender will likely amount to an even surer death than that they might otherwise face. Like it or not, this has essentially become home to these mercenaries now." I frowned, moving to the next facet of my counterargument.

"As for what you say about our lack of caution, taking this Koro was an acquisition of territory, and one of the most cautious maneuvers we could make, short of not doing anything. The cautious choice was to take time to rebuild our defences and ensure that we'd have at least a modicum of a chance should it come to a siege, rather than continuing what you claim to have been a blitzkrieg against a larger force. The other cities are inherently cautious, a fact we have used to our advantage now, rather than removing any small gain we might have made. There's a reason we left a good portion of this village and its fortifications whole, rather than destroying it outright. The same as how removing that cult from our area was more an act of cautious defense than one of foolishness and spite, as had they stayed, this city would likely have been split down the middle. A house divided cannot stand, and so we removed those that would divide the house's interests." I let out a slow breath, thinking further.

"Regardless, don't think that we aren't active or that we aren't just as capable of thought as are you. I told you why the Maru still breathe, I did not say that we had no wish to remove them. After all, did Echelon not bring you in for an audience and show his own curiosity as to what you've said? The Maru are a very grave threat, we acknowledge that; we also acknowledge that due to that, they need to be removed. That's why you're still in here. But asking us why they still live, in the manner you did, is nothing short of insulting, and a pointless insult at that. We merely knew that if we were to attack them, succeed or fail, it was likely to result in our complete destruction. That's no victory, if we remove these demigods at the cost of everything we could achieve after they were removed." I leaned forward again, the curiosity I felt as to this Skakdi's plans colouring my voice.

"Now that all of that is known and out of the way for the both of us, I can't help but wonder how you - who have done nothing to promote order in our village recently, and who earlier had to retreat from those they now offer to help us against - plan to kill them, either with the idea your compatriot just elucidated or in some other fashion. Even without their masks, they would still be highly dangerous, compared to just about any other being on this island, and I wouldn't put it past them to be able to put up a similar fight as that before. We have no guarantee of your success, and an example of your past failure...while I trust in your abilities to stay alive, I'm sure you're wise enough to appreciate how I, at least, would like to have some more details as to what you intend to do." Judging by how he spoke and the thoughts he had revealed through his words, this Skakdi seemed the type to appreciate a degree of healthy skepticism, regarding either religion or allies, both of which I held. Indeed, it sounded like he held them as well. As such, I doubted he'd take any terrific offense to my comments, and would instead choose to do what he had before: respond to them calmly and professionally.

From what I'd seen, I was almost beginning to like him.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Agrona - Ko-Koro - The Citadel

My voice, normal a melodic warm tone, was rather flat when I added my voice to the discussion, "Oh Piraka," I began, "Ta-Koro says more about you than Ko-Koro says about us. If failing to kill the Maru - something your band has also done - makes us failures; at least we are failures with something to show for it." I gestured to the grand Citadel walls, covered in sacred prophecy, decried by the blood of its previous inhabitants.

"Your talk is great, but until you share how we solve our great majestic mistake of incredible magnitude, you're wasting time we could spend doing it ourselves."

Edited by Palm

| BZPRPG Profiles |