BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Toa Nahra

Nahra replied with a slow grunt. She turned to face the wall again and closed her eyes, slowly drifting back to slumberland.

OOC: I'm closing Nahra for interaction until our little adventure starts running smoothly again. For the time being, she's asleep, because let's be real, trying to start a conversation with her until then would be pointless. No offense.

Edited by Koala Kranan

--IC: Nikonn and Aiduro--

Nikonn continued following the four sets footprints, unaware of the fifth set that was forming behind her...

The footprints eventually led her to the door of an old hut.  They're in here, she thought.  Although, they could have picked a better hiding place than this.  She pressed her ear to the door, attempting to discern any noises from within the hut.

In the meantime, Aiduro had gathered about six other burly guardsmen and was making his way back to the Skakdi's Skull.  He made sure to keep a careful eye out, just in case any of the Toa they were after were lurking around.

Once he and the other guardsmen got to the bar, he immediately found the Collector and said, "Here you go.  A force of guardsmen, just like I promised."

Edited by capMARVELOUS

IC: The Collector of Masks (The Skakdi's Skull)

"Excellent," says the Collector, looking over Aiduro's reinforcements, "Now all we have to do is wait for Nikonn to return from scouting out where they went."

:k: :m_o: :v: :s: :m_o: :r: :r:

BZRPG Characters: The Collector of Masks and Zavesh

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Disco, Phobia, MaharaRomulus and Remus

Hero Factory RPG 2.5 Characters: Whipcrack and Charles Erudite

///////

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

OOC: Speak of things not picking up.

IC: Tio

I sigh and lean back. How could Nahra be so lax at a place and time like this?

Regardless I had to wonder when Kaen would return. I needed to give him time, but waiting too long was dangerous.

Still as long as our other spy was determiend to sleep like this I had no method of checking on him safely. So for until then I shifted myself to just outside the trapdoor, waiting for any potential disturbances.

--IC: Nikonn--

Oh God, Nikonn thought.

Not wanting to be gutted like a fish by an invisible knife, she found that she had no choice but to comply.  An opportunity to call over the Collector and the guardsman might present itself, but then again, it might not.  She just needed to keep an eye out.

She turned the knob on the door and slowly opened it.

--OOC:--

Dangit.

IC: Denry

Denry snaps out of an disconcentrated state and says while getting his disk

"Oh no are we getting attacked!?................Ok I'm ready I'm ready!"

Denry runs with his disk and he accidentally hits Toa Nahra with it.

I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the Matoran Universe

Ok I need to keep Denry out of all combat situations. Though his clear status as a liability still irked me in this critical situation. First I answered Nahra.

"Yes it is, now Denry, stay in the basement"

Opening the trapdoor, I casually pull myself to the ground floor. It seems the pygmy Vortixx from earlier had followed us, only to get captured by Kaen. I move my hand to disarm her of her spear.

"Well well well,what brings you to our hut alone?"

Nikonn was loathe to part with her Spear of Siphoning, but, as with entering the hut earlier, she had no choice but to comply with her captors' demands.  She let go, allowing the Toa of Ice to take it.  Answering his question, though, was something that she had a choice in.  She chose to keep her mouth shut and not answer.

I took the spear and kept it gripped tightly by my side. It seems she's the quiet type, so how do I get her to talk? ... ohhh she's one of the few who knows I intended to murder that guard. Fear works well as a manipulation tactic.

"She must have been scouting alone, the guardsman would have called for backup ... but that will take time" 

I raise my right palm and wave it slowly across her face.

"That leaves you all alone doesn't it?"

Edited by The Invisible Noob

That was not enough it seems. 

"Well if you're going to insist on the silent treatment, then I guess there's no use keeping you alive, though it would be such a shame to harm such a  pretty face ... so tell me, why involve yourself in this? What has Echelon offered you that's so valuable you'd risk your life for it?"

OK, that tore it.  No more silent treatment.  To associate her with Echelon was going too far.

"Echelon has not offered me anything," Nikonn said, spitting out Echelon's name as if it were a curse.  "I have no dealings with him.  I want nothing to do with him.  He and his forces ransacked my home, set up permanent camp, and harassed me to no end; for that, I resent him.  Do not dare to associate me with him ever again, for that would have unfortunate consequences for you."

IC: Toa Nahra

"Uh, you were helping one of Echelon's guards by beating us up, plus you were even trying to help that guard by finding our hideout. And my guess is as soon as you found our location, you'd go running back to where you were and expose us three to him. Does that not sound pretty much like 'another associate of Echelon' to you?" Nahra said.

"I wasn't attacking you because I was aiding that guardsman, and I didn't come here because I intended to report you to him."

That was ... unexpected. The only other person she could be working for was the Collector? No that was too weird.

"Well I am dreadfully sorry madame, but if you live under Echelon, serve his interests and work with his guardsmen ... then what are we to call you? Because my home was also ransacked by his cronies and I'm not seemingly actively working towards his goals"

"I serve no interests but my own!" Nikonn snapped.  "I attacked you because you were attacking the Collector, and he promised to show me the way to get out of here!  He can't help me leave if he's dead, now, can he?  Now stop accusing me of supporting Echelon!"

Vortixx were notoriously decietful, how much stock could I put in this information?

"Really? Is that why? you seem to be pretty free to roam around the town at your leisure, so why do you need the collector when you can walk out the front gate?"

IC: Alfon

"Oh c'mon, it's not that bad. Look, we have cloaks!"

As per cue, a ratty blanket smelling of rum suddenly enveloped Plagia from behind. The culprit, none other than yours truly, stood a few feet away shivering in his own bundle of what might as well have been thick burlap. The frigid wind cut right through it and straight into my bones, and a solid minute of racketing teeth breathed new life into my longtime hatred for Ko-Wahi. 

"Fighting in this weather's gonna suck," I groaned, staring at the glacial waters. "Any idea on how we get inside?" 

IC (Lohkar, Infernavika)

"There's a small port in one o' the fjords," said Lohkar, gripping the ship's wheel with mittened hands. "We'll dock there, assumin' the s haven't taken it over. From then on it's gettin' to the Koro and sneakin' ourselves in, both of which are Captain Icicle's department."

The Lesterin shivered, tugging his frost-encrusted coat tighter around his chest. Ko-Wahi never failed to remind him of the craziness of this island's climates. Not half an hour ago the warm winds of Le-Wahi had been blowing through the 'Vika's sails, bringing with them the humidity of the jungle and a soft scent of soil. Now the wind was flecked with snow and bitterly cold, rolling down from the inhospitable slopes of Mount Ihu. Warm tropical waters had become arctic: icebergs reared their white, craggy heads, careful not to reveal the treacherous bulk below.

Ko-Wahi was perhaps Lohkar's least favourite region of Mata Nui. He preferred to keep to the eastern coasts, with their golden beaches and warm spray, made ripe for piratical ventures by the shipping lanes connecting Ga-Koro to Po-, Ta- and Le-. The coasts of the west, by contrast, were rocky and treacherous, from the reefs of Onu to the bayou of eastern Le. Ko was even worse: dotted with icebergs, wracked with snowstorms — sometimes even the sea itself would freeze over into ice sheets a bio thick. Pickings were minimal, as the eastern villages conducted trade by Onu-Koronan tunnel rather than sea.

And the people were as frigid as the Wahi. A cultist invasion almost sounded like a fun change of pace.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

The steady drip drip drip of hot blood to snow wasn’t exactly reassuring, Eisen knew. But the Fe-Toa wasn’t concerned and it showed; he examined the wound briefly with little more than a flick of his eyes and used his element to withdraw a strand of metal from within his cape and set it to stitching the wound shut. It would not impair his ability to use the arm, much, and the fight would be over long before bleeding might be an issue. That only left pain, and pain could be ignored.

To his surprise Oreius had managed to escape the bind he was in, thus prolonging the duel. It would have been cleaner to end it with that move, leaving no doubt as to the Maru’s defeat, but this was fine. It would just take a little longer.

He directed his javelins outwards while Oreius tunneled, sending the deadly rods scattering out into the snow where they lay flat on the ground. The Ta-Toa’s mask didn’t grant him anything in the way of enhanced senses, so these prepared resources could strike from outside his vision. He made a few more while he was at it, sending them towards the far end of the courtyard to lay in wait.

Once his foe surfaced Eisen didn’t waste any time in advancing, shield held ready to block any attacks coming in. He had permitted the hero to take the offense, and Eisen in turn had taken his measure. It was time to go on the offensive himself. His steady advance turned into a jog, sword held at the ready and defenses prepared, bringing him towards the Ta-Toa at an ever-increasing rate.

While he did two of the javelins to Oreius’ left and his right rose from the snow, rocketing towards the Ta-Toa’s torso.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Taleen

"Sneaking in shouldn't be too difficult...it's will be what comes after that will be a challenge..." Taleen said as she crossed her arms together to keep herself warm. Even with her winter jack and gear on the harsh climate of Ko-Wahi made her shiver...though perhaps it wasn't the cold that bothered her. 

Taleen had been there when Echelon and his ilk attacked Ko-koro, she had helped defend the village...and nearly died in the process. Despite being the excellent assassin she was, as a Toa she found herself rather lacking. 

"I'm figuring that with the majority of us being privateers and other unsavory professions....we should be able to blend right in and walk right into Ko-koro, the guards probably won't glance at us twice..." It was then she glanced at the little Matoran girl named Mimira. The wannabe pirate who somehow seemed to retain her innocence and naivety in the ###### up world they lived in. 

"I know it really isn't my place to say...but I don't feel all that good about bringing a kid into all this...especially when it's the little sister of a Gukko Force commander who would probably try to kill us all if anything happened to her." Taleen's attitude and demeanor seemed to have magically changed since they'd arrived in the Ko-Wahi region. Instead of her rather casual and somewhat sarcastic attitude she was very serious and tense. Perhaps even on edge. Her ability to hide her true emotions seemed to have waned the closer they approached Ko-koro. 

Mimira meanwhile did not seem to thrilled with what the assassin was saying. "Hey I'm not a kid! I'm a teenager!" Mimira protested. "I need to do this! No one ever let's me do anything to actually help!" 

"The only thing you should be worried about is keeping your head down and staying out of our way." Taleen snapped. "We don't need to be worrying about your safety...it's ridiculous that you're even on this ship as it is." 

Mimira didn't respond, but a quivering lip indicated she was more than a little upset. Taleen simply turned away, looking out towards their destination. 

Edited by D.Va

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC Kotak:

It seemed everyone he met today was going to be stupid, drunk, or some combination of the two.

That said, he really didn't care to clarify that he'd been talking to the only two people standing around outside.

In the cold.

In the middle of Ko-Wahi.

"If you need something, ask inside, otherwise get out of my way."

IC: The Fourth

"Krayn, do you want to take a break?"

The Fourth's approach was a quiet one, her feet pattering gently against the snow as she made her way to where Krayn had been sitting for the last few hours. Even in her disguise, the Fowadi's chef had her usual aura of amicability around her, one that as of that moment was urging her to help her friend out.

"You must be tired watching for so long."

IC:

"That's what freezing cold coffee is for." 

Krayn waggled his unfortunately almost empty mug with a hint of tired humor. His coat was pulled tightly around him to ward off the cold, now that he was further away from the fire upstairs, and the dampening fields around his ears were turned way down. Muffled though her footsteps were, he had heard Four coming long before she arrived. He shifted a little in the chair he had rummaged through the first floor detritus to find so he could look at her better.

"I don't mind doing it. Time enough to sleep when the caffeine gives me a heart attack."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Skyra

I opened my eyes, I must have dozed off, Krayn was no longer there, more than likely he was keeping watch downstairs. Despite having just awoke, I felt alert and wide awake. It wasn't surprising, given where I was and the situation we were all in. We were all on edge, all it would take was one thing going wrong for it all to go downhill. 

I looked towards the fireplace, the fire must have been recently tended to, because it showed no signs of dying out. With a sigh I decided to get up and walk around, I wasn't going to fall back asleep now. I decided to go see who else was awake, I needed to make conversation with someone, I was social like that. 

Everyone by the fire seemed to be either asleep or trying to be, so I decided to head downstairs. As I reached the bottom I noticed Four and Krayn were conversing. Not wanting to interrupt I stopped where I was and listened, pulling the blanket around myself tighter, it was pretty cold down there.  

Edited by D.Va

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar