BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Skyra

"Oh you saw a cart Praggos? Perfect!" I could tell that Praggos immediately regretted mentioning said cart, and that made it all the sweeter. 

"I think I've pretty much covered the scouting part. Whoever is in that warehouse needs our help right now, the fact that pretty much every baddie in the city is currently converging on said warehouse tells me two things. One, the hostages are more than likely inside. Two, whoever is currently in there with said hostages is powerful enough to bring all the brotherhood upon them."

I looked at Arankhe, I probably knew her the least out of everyone, but right now she was really speaking my language. "The explosion is optional, but it should be big enough to cause disarray and confusion. Right now the enemy still doesn't know about us, we need to use the element of surprise while we still have it." 

Edited by D.Va

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"The element of surprise doesn't mean anything if we use it poorly."

Krayn looked visibly pained more and more every time someone said the words 'cart' or 'explosives'. At this point both hands were raised as though trying to physically restrain the conversation, and he shook his head with a little more force than was necessary.

"Where are we going to get explosives? What is a cart full of explosives going to do to a gathering of the Koro's defenders? If we go setting off explosives near the structure, we may make it worse for the people inside." A pause, and a sigh. "We can't ignore them, but we have to be smart. If we're not we'll only get ourselves, and maybe everyone else, killed and then we're no good to anyone."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Agrona - Ko-Koro

Stannis' voice boomed inside the warehouse hall. I felt as if stone itself was looking at us.

It would have been so interesting to take a closer look at Oreius, had that Le-Toa not snatched him away from us like that. Depending on how this turned out, we may have another chance at a second mask. I let out a thoughtful 'hm' and the insect swarm nudged in unison at the sound of my voice. I considered for a moment, to put on my stolen Kanohi, but without knowing what it did, and at the cost of showing Stannis our hand, I abstained. Instead I began to hum softly, and my body crawled.

I needed to be prepared for anything, ahead or behind us. After all, there was at least one Maru unaccounted for. I grit my teeth. This was going to be a long night.

Edited by Palm

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Greisk(Toros)/Cyrena - Warehouse w/Nightfall

Greisk pulled out his weapons as soon as he heard Stannis. The booming echoes began to pound at his head, and he gripped his weapons tightly. The hum that Agrona's insects made was not helping things either. He looked around, trying to calm his nerves by keeping watch of the group's rear.

Cyrena activated her abilities, and through the darkness of the warehouse and through the stone, they saw Stannis, stoic and unmoving, a bulwark against the dark, a gun in hand.

IC: Lunefeld

"Agreed. Seems to be coming from that warehouse."

The pair rushed over to it, and spotted none other than the Nightfall themselves at its entrance.

"Speaking of Echelon's lackeys..."

IC:

Fyura bared her teeth, whether in a grin or grimace was unclear. As she waited for Eisen's orders, she slowly switched her grip on her battleaxe from two hands to one. It was too unwieldy to to be a one-handed weapon as she was, but she held her parakuka in check. It would take mere moments to complete, and while her vampiric strength could replenish any seconds wasted, she decided to save any time she might need. Aside from Vayde's instinctual urging to transform now, she could feel that he was as apprehensive as she was. Their connection pulsed as rapidly as an excited heart.

The skakdi quickly ran over scenarios in her head; she recognized that the Maru had some form of slugthrower in his hand, and if she remembered, this one was the Toa of Stone. She did frown at that; the ground beneath them would be a threat in that case. They weren't already crushed to paste, so the Maru did want to talk. She probably wasn't fast enough to block the gun's bullets with her axe, but when she transformed, she was probably fast enough to outspeed the gun's wielder. She had, fortunately, a plethora (is that what that word means, or was that the thing you ate?) of ranged options that might help. The loaded disc launcher on her wrist, the two throwing axes she had holstered, her grappling hook... she could even throw her battleaxe when she transformed. It's not like she needed it too much; it would extend her already-long reach considerably, but getting up close and personal now had an extra advantage for her now.

At Eisen's side was Karnak; bigger, stronger, but almost certainly slower. If the Legacy were to rush the Po-Toa, she would certainly pull ahead, possibly getting herself shot. She knew he had weird mental powers (almost like the Soraph girl, come to think of it...) but not much beyond that. Eisen himself, as the point man, contributed a lot of versatility. She hadn't seen his mask in action much beyond floating himself places, but she knew the gist, repulsion. Maybe it was enough for the gun's slugs, maybe not. He had the metal element, maybe he would do something with that, but he'd more likely use it offensively rather than defensively, relying on their numbers. Well, that was what she would do, if she still had her elemental powers plus someone to use them in tandem with.

The Fe-Skakdi lowered her center of mass and gripped the floor with her toe-claws. She would be ready in any circumstance.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

"Speaking of Echelon's lackeys..."

IC:

"I don't know about you, Lunefeld," Sylus said, adjusting the leather strap of the scabbard over his shoulder, "but I'm perfectly happy letting ... what are they calling themselves again? Night-something or other.... Well, I'm perfectly happy letting them be the ones to break the line."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Lunefeld - Outside warehouse

Lunefeld grit his teeth. Every fibre of his being told him to run away from the fight, and his survival instincts had served him well for a long time. And yet, the thought of sitting this one out, this once-in-a-lifetime battle, and all it would entail for the future of the island, stoked a fire in him to know, to be in on it-

No. Lunefeld gripped his staff and swallowed his pride. It wouldn't do. Best to observe from the sidelines. It wouldn't do them good to run in and squeeze into the entrance with several heavily-armed killers, and with karz knows how many Toa Maru in there. If they needed assistance, they would help.

But not by joining in.

"Don't forget why we are being paid by Hakann. If we can help without becoming needless casualties, we will take the opportunity."

IC:

"Hm," Sylus said, finally looking over at Lunefeld. He thought about pushing his luck, trying to confirm a hunch he'd had for years now with his new mask. But he didn't like the idea of ###### off a crime lord with whom he was about to plunge into battle. Despite what some of his former associates might have said about him, Tudor still had some sense of self-preservation.

"Any one of them, I suppose. I've always admired your ... work ethic when it comes to dealing with problems. Even in my neck of the woods, you know, we hear stories about Magtstrom. The way he's been turning Ta-Koro into his country."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Kale Ironshaper

IC: "We could pose as part of the crowd, slip in and help whoever is inside there without fighting half a Koro to do so. The problem with that one is that we end up in the same position as whoever is stuck in there. Trapped and surrounded by a hostile mob."

"Or we cause enough of a distraction or annoyance out here that it draws off a helpfully large portion of said mob. And it has to be more than just running in there screaming bloody murder. That will just get us killed."

The silver Toa was quiet for several seconds before something lit up behind his eyes. An evil smile creeping over his face. He glanced at Krayn.

"Hey, remember that thing with the tuning forks we were talking about?"

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

I was instantly relieved when Krayn worked to bring the imaginations of our companions under control, before I heard Kale (I think that was his name? Interesting one, being named after a vegetable) start to speak about tuning forks. For a moment, I couldn't imagine what they would do with tuning forks. Then I remembered that Krayn was a Toa of Sonics, which made me reconsider everything about the tuning forks. I couldn't help but be mildly impressed with what I was fairly certain was their idea; it was positively scientific. And spectacular if pulled off properly, but I was more impressed with the science side of it.

"Please tell me you aren't planning to exploit the resonant frequencies of these buildings via the use of your element and a tuning fork to reduce them to rubble as part of causing a distraction." I was also somewhat surprised that all came out in one breath, although I was moderately stressed and talking quickly. "Don't play with an old Toa's heart like that, Krayn, I might die of sadness if it didn't work." I supposed I should've also said something about the destruction of the buildings, but truth be told, those could be rebuilt. "Please."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:

“Stannis,” The Fe-Toa greeted mildly, meeting gray with green. He didn’t flinch when the Maru stepped out of the shadows, instead meeting it with a pace of his own. Stannis’ voice boomed, but Eisen had no need for theatrics.  “Pleasure to meet the famous Wanderer.”

The Maru had surrendered the element of surprise in favor of intimidation. A useful strategy in many cases, but utterly useless in this one. The smart thing to do would have been to shoot him in the head when he entered, before anyone was aware of his presence. But, as he gazed upon the legendary hero, he knew that was beyond him. The revolver was alien in his hands, the man didn’t really know how to use it. Not that it mattered. Now that he was aware of it, could feel it with his element, it couldn’t harm him. His Kanohi would ensure that it could never reach him. But Stannis didn’t know that. So the dark Toa drew his shield in closer, as though warding the vulnerable parts of his body from harm, and continued his advance stride by stride.

He knew the facility well; two rooms, the further of which accessed the basement. That was where the other Maru would be, since his element didn’t reveal them in the space beyond the Maru of Stone. The alcoves that lined the hallway below might conceal one of them, but they wouldn’t leave the hostages unguarded. At least one would be in the two rooms at its end.

Stannis was trying to buy time.

“I have to thank you,” He began again, gauging the distance between him and the Maru. His foe had been beyond the effective range of his mask, but he was closing that quickly. He may not have known what the Maru’s mask could do, but the Maru would not know his own either. An unfortunate variable, but in physical combat at least… His foe was outmatched. But that didn’t mean he couldn’t shake things up. “I get to send two of you to Karzahni’s doorstep today.”

A quarter of the distance had disappeared. Another quarter and Stannis would be in range.

“Karnak, Fyura, head for the basement as soon as you have an opening. Our friend is hoping to buy time. I can handle him.”

OOC: Specifics of the warehouse gleaned through conversation with Ghosthands, and reading the previous posts. The top floor is divided into two rooms of equal size, both lined with wooden catwalks. The farther room has a ramp down to the basement, which is a hallway with storage alcoves along the sides and two rooms at the far end. The hostages are in the farthest room. Just so everyone knows the layout of the location.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Kale Ironshaper

IC:

"No, we need those building for cover when we run for our lives. Plus finding the right frequency for each building would take too long. We don't have time for much in the way of finesse here."

As he spoke Kale had started pulling in various pieces of metal from the surrounding buildings and trash piles. Each one was either left floating in the air or stuck into whatever could hold it.

"It's more of a method to transfer energy across elemental lines. How much sound," He said holding up one of the newly created tines. "Do you think could be created if I made about two hundred of these. And then set them all ringing, at the same time?

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

I get back to my feet, unclipping a grenade from my belt.

"Leah," I say, feeling the ceramic shell of the explosive crumble away, showing me the powder inside. "See if you can cut a notch into the wall. I'll use the Stralix powder to make a controlled blast. Start the tunnelling."

IC:

Sylus shrugged.

"Depends on what you'd be looking for in a first mate."

-Void 

Edited by Conway

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"That's only because loyalty's earned, my friend," Sylus said, his gaze lingering on the Maru-killer entering the warehouse. "Gotta spend time with someone for to become loyal to them. Gotta work with them for a while. You won't just magically find someone who'll stand at your side come Judgement Day."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC [Leah - Ko-Koro Warehouse]:

She shot Sulov a quizzical look, a tad surprised he favored the stralix powder over his element. But it was his element, she would not question his tunneling expertise."That might get their attention." was the only comment she made.  

She turned to face the far side of the room and called upon the moisture in the air. She pushed it towards the wall, where the Matoran had been chained, and chose a spot that was out of the line of sight of the door leading into the room. Concentrating her element around the spikes that had anchored the hostages chains in the wall, she forced the moisture into the masonry. As more of it collected, drops of water formed. Leah concentrated, forcing them deeper into the wall, finding every tiny hairline crack and pore by way of least resistance. A few seconds later the effect had spread over a roughly  Sulov-sized portion of the wall.

Suddenly, the Toa clenched her fist, giving expression to the unspoken act of adding volume to the water, forcing it to rapidly expand in an instant. There was a grinding noise followed by a sudden crack and the affected area in the wall crumbled and collapsed in a spray of liquid. 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Stannis Maru

Stannis did not seem perturbed by Eisen's bold strides forward. He stood there with an assurance of success that flew in direct conflict with any rational thought. His brain told him to flee, to unite with the others and be stronger together, but everything in his soul told him to stand where he was and fight.

Mata Nui will protect. Already he knew the floor was all stone covered by a thin veil of ice; limestone, granite, schist. Mata Nui will provide.

His voice echoed in the chamber anew, his words minced with a telltale chuckle that continued to sow disconcert among the gathered Legacy fighters. "You're not afraid, but your people are," he said. "And there is no room for cold feet in Ko-Koro."

Eisen continued to cover the space between the two adversaries, pace by pace, step by step. Eisen was an unknown factor, cocky but powerful enough to justify it, probably. He had bested Oreius, Stannis figured, which meant he was more than a force to be reckoned with, and like his own to them, his Kanohi was a mystery to him. In seconds, he would be within combat distance from Eisen. Still, he prayed. And Eisen stepped.

"From the shallow depths of Mount Ihu, cold stone spewed forth lava and consume the floor beneath you with fire."

Eisen stepped. A handful more was all he had left, Stannis surmised.

"So it was declared,"

Eisen stepped.

"And so—"

He stepped.

"—transpired—"

Step.

"—the Legend."

Step.

And out from the darkness: light.

The Legacy and its members had seen many curious things in their time as vassals to Makuta's heralds, but never before had they beheld the chiefest champion of their opposite, and never before had they witnessed the sheer power of a man who's simple words could turn the very ground upon which they trod against them. Stannis always refused his divinity, but in the literal heat of the moment it was hard to imagine him to be anything but truly divine.

The changes came in a whirl as each prophesy Stannis uttered came to pass in the order he narrated them. The first thing was that the gun, which Stannis had little capacity for using, was tossed into the air just as he said the word Legend. When he tossed it up it was the simple revolver Leah handed to him before, but as it descended into his hands it had seemingly transformed into—though, in truth, it had been swapped for—somewhat much, much bigger, and useful. It fell into his deft hands and his fingers instantly coiled around the trigger as though it were fashioned for his hands alone, and the cylinder of the old revolver was far bigger then and rotated with the firm tug of the trigger like a miniature cyclone. Glowing bullets of crystal, red-hot from flash energizing, shot out across the chamber in rapid succession, first at Eisen and then at the others on his flank.

The next thing that happened was a distinct rumble in the earth of the mountain, as something within seemed to heave his massive girth and then bore through the mountain. It felt like a small earthquake, but it moved like it had intent, like it was somehow done by something alive.

And finally, and the only thing the Legacy forces had heard him mention, was that the floor, previously cold and unremarkable, grew warm, then hot, then red as fissures of magma burst out and began to coat the floor with lava like blood leaking from wounds and spreading out across a white sheet.

For the first time, Stannis took a step back, slowly, and evenly, and kept the muzzle of his new weapon trained on the shrinking cone he needed to control with bursts of the gun as he fell back into the confined of the tunnel.

Mata Nui will protect. Praise be to Mata Nui.

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Upvote 2

IC:

"Hey!" a voice drifted from within the dormant hospital, a scene of death to some. But a place of silent refuge for another. Zarkov, chaotic Skakdi of Iron lived on the upper floor of this building. When he heard a wall crumbling he made his way down the stares.

"What the bloody do you think you're doing down here? Can't a Skakdi get some sleep in peace?" Zarkov said as he made his way to the bottom step. That's when he saw Raaka, a fellow Skakdi that was unknown to him.

"Oh, I did not see you there brother." Zarkov's face twisted in a massive grin and his eyes glinted red.

"What brings you here? To this place of death..."

IC: Raaka

The Skakdi looked over his shoulder at the fellow. He didn't much care for company right now, but it wasn't unwelcome either.

"I fought here," Raaka said plainly, patting the stone wall nest to him.

Edited by Dexter Jettster

--IC: Aiduro and Nikonn--

Aiduro simply gave up and let Kaen's wind topple him over, releasing his hold on his Iron powers as he fell.  He was too exhausted to do anything more at the moment.

Some of his fellow guards rushed to help him; he brushed them off.  "I'm fine," he grumbled.  "Get after him and his friend."  He gestured to Kaen.  "Don't let them get away."

The guards nodded, obviously reluctant to leave their leader, but they did as he asked and began to pursue.  Two of them stayed back to help Aiduro to his feet.

Close by, Nikonn had observed the scuffle from the cover of a building.  She was satisfied that her Spear of Siphoning had begun to take its effect on Aiduro.  Once she determined that the immediate danger was gone, she turned to the Collector.

--OOC:--

Kovsorr, you still here?

IC:

"Even when you're afraid of losing control of Ta-Koro while you're here?"

IC:

"I'd just meant a small notch, Leah--"

(A rumbling which radiates deep into his bones.)

I look down at the ground. The way that the flagstones seem to rattle like teeth in an earthquake. The deep earthen roar like tectonic plates grinding against one another. And deep in my heart, I feel the way that the frozen heart of the earth heats up and parts against the force of a great--

"Change of plans," I say, clipping the grenade back onto my belt, pressing my hand against the surface of the frozen earth. "See what you can do to soften the earth. Then, I'll start digging us out of here."

(And maybe find a way to use what's underneath them.)

-Void

Edited by Conway

[ BZPRPG ]

Lunefeld let out a short, sharp bark of what could be approximated as laughter.

"Let's not pretend I was ever that powerful. I might have gotten close to that goal before, but that honour goes to others.

"Besides, those who would infringe on my... Exclusive areas, physical or informational, would think twice before acting in those impulses. Some have attempted in the past, but their fates have proved sufficient warning these days."

The ground rocked at that moment, and the familiar shifting of ground before an eruption of lava began to tilt the frozen ground. Heat began to cause the frozen floor to melt, and clouds of vapour began to most up the area.

"Although," he added, "Perhaps this day's events might make that risk worth it."

IC: Greisk/Cyrena

As soon as the Wanderer finished speaking, the revolver in his hand flew up, tossed into the air, and in a flash of light, Greisk saw, with Cyrena's aid, that it had transformed into something else. A gun of another sort entirely, but before he could continue observing it Stannis caught it and fired, flashes of heat and light blinding Greisk.

As his sight recovered, seeing that the shots were directed at the front row of Nightfall, he felt the earth beneath him awaken, growing with an almost living anger.

And then the heat came. Greisk looked down, and Cyrena activated her power again, allowing them to see through the floor. Greisk's eyes widened, and only his sewed-up mouth stopped him from crying out in alarm.

It wad magma, veins of them, enlarging in volume and heating up, spreading into where no heat had been for millennia in this frozen mountain.

And it was rapidly rushing upwards.

Stannis... That's what he said would happen! But he's not a Fire Toa?

No time to ask him.

As the magma split the ground open in a blast of steam, Greisk pulled Agrona out the way for the second time today, escaping backwards towards the direction they came into the tunnel from. Cyrena voiced her worry that Agrona would not take to kindly to Greisk's interference, but given that the floor was literally turning into lava and Agrona's insects and plant power would simply burn on contact, rendering her abilities useless in this situation, Greisk wasn't too worried. Greisk had to stop from recoiling at the touch of her cloak of insects.

He looked into her eyes with a simple question.

Run?

Edited by NorikSigma
  • Upvote 1

IC:

Sylus stumbled back, but didn't fall. From the dark mouth of the warehouse, he could see steam start to stream forth. He could feel heat start to seep back into his bones for the first time in what felt like forever. He began to worry, of course, just a little -- but he also felt a thrill race along his spine, as though he was just now about to dance with the most beautiful guest in the room.

Or in this case, he thought, the most famous heroes on the island.

"I don't know," he said, his right hand wandering up to the hilt of his sword. "Cats like us tend to land on our feet."

-Void

• Upvote 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Tio

Looking back I could see that Kaen had escaped. Now I wouldn't feel too guilty about leaving him behind. I would call out to him but that might alert the guards, so instead I slowly made my way to him, hopefully he'd see me in the blizzard.

"All the more reason to take risks in these interesting times."

Lunefeld lightly exercised his power, feeling the lightly adjusting the gravity of detritus around him, before mentally fixing on Sylus and himself. As a long-time resident of Ta-Wahi, the heat and growing tremors immediately sounded alarms in his head. If it truly was some sort of induced lava eruption, he would have a mere second or so to reduce gravity's pull on the pair.

He gripped his staff.