BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Verulas left the Crystal-Toa to tend to the wounded as he began to survey the surrounding area. They only had to move the patients and supplies away from the building before it would become a symbol of their defiance and weaken the attackers' grip on the city, if only by a small amount. Unfortunately for them, he had lost a home once before and he knew what the people of Ko-Koro were going through. This was now personal, and he would come back to return them their village.

Maybe even at a discounted price. Hey, he still had to make a living.

He eventually encountered one of the Vortixx mercenaries, the one that wasn't trying to shoot the female Toa, and decided to strike up a conversation with him.

"So," he said, suddenly becoming completely visible again. "How's the merc life been treating you? Any good hauls lately?"

OOC: That's The Champion, btw.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC (Jin)

"Good to see you made it out, partner," I said breezily. "It was getting hot down there. Yeah, we got her out, and just in time, too. But if we don't get ourselves off this wall, we might need someone to rescue us."

I looked at the Matoran. "And I see you made a friend."

IC:

Nika might have grunted in response. It was difficult to tell amidst the winds.

In any case, he didn't appear to have any interest in maintaining the conversation at hand; he began pacing silently, scanning the area for any escape route besides the obvious two: follow the city's perimeter to the gates and pray that the attacking army had moved deeper into Ko-Koro by then, or have Pae use his element to lower them down the walls and into the Drifts. Neither option was particularly appealing, both requiring too many variables to function in accordance with each other. His jaw clenched in frustration, and the fingers of his iron hand began drumming against the barrel of his gun.

Rana, though just as silent as her Vortixx companion, was busy thinking about the prone figure in Pae's arms. Part of her understood that the Captain was stubborn as any soldier and would never have left her post without being incapacitated in some way. But the thought of her "rescuers" knocking Korzaa out troubled the sergeant, not least because her time on the front lines had given her a glimpse of these two walking in the ranks of Echelon's strike team. A soldier's cynicism flared up inside of her, and her fingers tightened around the handle of her club.

Still, she wanted their claims to be true. Maybe she had spent too much time around Borclive and his idealism, but she really did want that.

"Our best bet is to head for the village gates," she said, ignoring Nika's snort of derision. "With any luck, the enemy forces will have moved further into the city, giving us an opportunity to get to ground level and out of Ko-Koro." When the Vortixx shot her a pointed stare, she added, "It's not the best plan, admittedly, but we don't have that many other options at the moment."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Aerus (Ko-Wahi, with Merror and Co.)

"Yeah, I should," I respond, raising my voice slightly to compensate for the wind and wondering if this was a mistake. Leading them right to Echelon's lair could easily lead to disaster...

How so?

He could see it as an act of betrayal. I let the enemy under his roof.

You let the enemy into his territory. It's his land. If he's absent, nothing will come of it. If he's present, he has the home field advantage.

I guess...

The cold is only a minor inconvenience, but I shiver ever so slightly for good measure. The time I've spent moving through here has left me able to handle the cold far better than those unadjusted, even if still not to the same degree as a local. It'll probably still be some time before we reach the glacier, but I doubt I'll have any opportunity to play lost -- whatever happens, my decision can't be revoked.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC (Jin)

The guard seemed to trust us, but I wasn't sure if it was cause she actually believed that we were rescuing Korzaa, or if she had just realized that she didn't have a whole lot of other options. She seemed like a smart cookie; I guessed it was the latter. And speaking of smart...

"Sounds like a plan," I said. "It'll be the easiest place to get down, and she's right: the enemy's probably moved in by now, and any survivors are gone. If we're lucky, there'll be no one there."

IC (Cael)

They kept moving.

IC: The Champion (Not too far away from Ko-Koro)

As I was walking, the green Toa, one of the defenders, tried to chat with me. I just glanced at him when he started talking, and I swear that he wasn't there a moment ago. Maybe he has one of those fancy stealth or invisibility masks, I don't know and only care a little. I grunt, don't say anything for a moment. "This is the first mission for months. I haven't been on this isle for very long," I then say, and remain silent afterwards. If this guy gets too curious. I'll have to avoid him. I must be careful not to reveal too much: Zero likes secrecy, and wants us to share her antics. She pays me, so I'm personally not complaining.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC 

If I actually knew how to wield such weapons, I would've asked to see it.

I just realized how confusing that description is without an image. It's also on Veneras' BZPRPG wiki page.

IC Veneras

Veneras took the sled of supplies with a smile "glad to be of service" he said

He looked at the toa of iron, his grey and orange armor bore an eye-catching contrast with the snowy landscape. He knew it polite not to stare, but the colors were just so aesthetically pleasing. 

"Thank you for your actions earlier. You seemed a fair bit cooler headed than some of the others here."

"I appreciate that. Thank you" Veneras replied ernestly. He wished he could say it was in his nature to be cool headed, but that would have been a lie. "to be honest: a year ago I would have flown off the handle."  regret weighed his words down like a ballast, his eyes were downcast. He noticed a chain among the weapons of the toa of iron, an interesting weapon he thought I'd like to see that at work

Edited by Veneras

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

OOC: The wielding comment is because he can't actually use swords very well, any of them. He just knows how to forge them

IC Forger

"Anger has it's uses, a warrior, whatever their cause, can't fight on positive feelings alone. It just requires more tempering and direction than other emotions to be used correctly." I gesture to the defenders with us on our march, the female toa that fought Judge, the bo-toa mercenary and the bronze vo-toa. "If you don't mind me asking, how do you feel about our situation?"

IC Brontes

Brontes approaches Verulas, he is speaking with one of the mercenary, a vortixx. An imposing figure, his back covered in vivid tattoos. Or rather, he is speaking to the vortixx. His audience stays rather quiet, it is easy to surmise he is one of the quiet types.

"So Verulas, how do you feel about our predicament? Trudging through the snow with this lot?" Brontes gestures to the mercenaries that have, apparently, switched sides.

...but close to it

IC Veneras

"Ko Koro was my home" Veneras answered "You were here to defend it while I was---" his words cracked like a frozen lake shifting in the night. 

"Thank you for fighting for my home" was all he had the strenghth to say.

"A year ago I didn't believe in grey areas" Veneras said, "Now I'm not sure what to believe."

he continued walking alongside the group, his staff striking the snow in time with his step

Edited by Veneras

--Character Profiles--

OOC: Korero and Oreius from Ta-Wahi

IC (Korero)

The two Toa Maru rematerialised inside Reordin's hut. After a brief moment's listening at the door in case danger was immediately at hand, they exchanged a nod, and stepped out into the icy street.

"Oh my god..." Korero murmured.

It was clear that the Legacy's assault was already well in effect. A column of smoke was rising from the gates, and the screams and noise of combat echoed from further down in the city.

The Toa of Air felt a weight in his stomach as his eyes took in the damaged Citadel and the rent masonry where the main bridge used to be.

Are we too late?

Edited by Twelfth Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Revekk (Ko-Koro)

The Toa Maru would soon see a figure limp around the corner, sweating and breathing hard.

I looked up, and there they were, the Toa Maru in the flesh, mightiest of heroes. Naturally they showed up when they were needed, because they were needed, unlike how I had to chase every quarry I came across.

Still, I made no other gesture than a brief nod as I sheathed my sword and approached them. 

"Maru, good to have you here"

"The situation is dire"

That really went without saying.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Verulas was about to cut to the chase with the Vortixx when the Vo-Toa showed up, calling him out by name.

Strange; he remembered that only the Titan, the Makuta-worshipping Vortixx and the annoying Ta-Matoran were around when he introduced himself to Kellin and Cancer...

Then he caught sight of the Vortixx who was going to ice the Crystal-Toa, and remembered that he had blabbed it to everyone.

Thanks for the disadvantage, pal.

He mentally cursed his own bad timing, realising that he would have to attempt his plan later as Sparky continued talking. He just hoped that he would be able to do so in time.

Not wanting to arouse his suspicion, or cause any tension between himself and the merc who was standing right next to him (he still might need to talk to him later), he knew he had to keep his words as neutrally as possible.

"Oh, you know," he said, beginning to smile. "One of life's unexpected surprises."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC (Oreius, Inu)

The stench of war filled the air. Oreius knew it well: he had learned its subtler varieties in his time as a Guard, and his short tenure as a Toa Maru had done little to let him forget it. The poison of smoke, the tang of blood; these were familiar to Inu as well. Though the battle itself could not been seen, the sounds of shouts and clashing metal echoed from somewhere nearby, indicating that it was not over.

The Toa of Fire readied himself as a figure rounded the corner, but the Lesterin -who walked with a limp, looking half-dead on his feet- sheathed his sword and nodded to indicate his friendliness.

"Maru, good to have you here," he said. "The situation is dire."

Obviously not a member of the Sanctum Guard; he was sure Captain Korzaa had trained her militia to be more efficient in the delivery of information. Korero spoke up before he could, the same questions obviously burning in his mind.

"Are you all right?" he asked. "What the karz happened here?"

Oreius waited for a response. He was ready to fight, but they needed information. Who was the enemy, and how far had they advanced? How many defenders were left? Intelligence was more valuable than any sword.

Edited by delilah

IC: Verulas watched the Vo-Toa take off to lend a hand to the Crystal-Toa, hoping that he didn't get the wrong impression after implying that he wanted to be left alone for a moment. Sparky was good at making conversation and he didn't want to upset him.

The Bo-Toa turned back to the tattooed Vortixx, his smile now gone as a look of utter seriousness plastered his face.

"I'm just going to cut the Karz and skip the smalltalk, since it's not getting me anywhere and I don't feel like being interrupted again," he said as he removed a pouch containing fifty widgets from his belt and threw it into the other merc's hands.

Sometimes being a mercenary meant knowing the where and when of spending money as well as making it.

"Do me a favor; inform your group leader and the other Vortixx, when he's done conversing with the Titan that is, that I would like to begin "negotiating" future "employment opportunities" as soon as possible, preferably when nobody else is around."

He then moved to catch up to the Vo-Toa.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC (Jin)

I started to speak, then remembered Nika'd scooped up a tagalong. We needed to get Korzaa alone so we could get some info, but she'd get suspicious if we went anywhere other than the closest Koro. 

Good-guy acts are so ##### annoying.

"Ihu-Koro's close, but maybe too close," I said finally. "So Ta. Echelon's going to figure out Korzaa's gone sooner or later, and that's one place he won't come looking."

IC: Pae

Pae nodded, "Go to the guard and ask to speak with Kino Ihu," the Toa almost winced at having to mention her name to people he didn't know, "Be safe."

The Toa turned and began running, moving along the walls towards the gates. He tried to stay low as he moved, keeping as close as he could to the parapet as he could to avoid attention. Upon reaching the gate he looked down through the rubble, hoping to spot the safest route down.

OOC:
Last chance to spot Pae on the wall before making his way into the drifts, unless otherwise prevented from advancing after the fact

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC Forger

"You either are or aren't something, a hero, villain... Crazy. Telling yourself you're in the grey spectrum of morality is just an easy way of getting out of things, for people that lack the patience or fortitude to dedicate them wholly to their ideals"

"Heh, am I describing myself?" I think rather bitterly.

...but close to it

IC Veneras

"I was once a Toa of Justice" he remembered "an upholder of the law" he thought back fondly of his study in the sanctum, all the late nights he had spent reading and praying by the candlelight
"But the virtues are broken now" his memories broke off "and I don't know where I belong"

Edited by Veneras

--Character Profiles--

"A group of Makuta's cohorts snuck inside the city and attacked the Sanctum, just as another group assaulted the gates. I was at the Sanctum with other defenders who tried to stop them, but we... we failed." My voice cracked, and I paused briefly before I continued

"They're inside the Citadel now, and they sealed the entrance behind them."

My voice was flat, and my tone straight and to-the-point, but inwardly I felt both awe and shame at speaking to the Maru. Even as I knew they were a perfect example of what I could never be, I had been taught well enough to put personal feelings aside when the situation called for it.

"There's seven of them; three Toa, one Lesterin, Skakdi and Vortixx, and an unknown behemoth whose kind I haven't seen before. The Toa of Magnetism appeared to be the leader, and there was something different about him. Dark energy swirled around his hands, and it looked as if he magnetized two of us to the floor, which was made of ice"

"After the entrance was sealed I came into the streets, hoping to help defend the civilians against the intruders at the gate, and I found you"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Veteran.

"Lock him up, take his mask or keep an eye on him," Veteran added, leaving Scholar to decide which option he wanted to go along with. Striding through the courtyard, he frowned at the mess. No one had had a chance to fix up the destruction he and Scholar had caused earlier, so he set about picking up the weapons that had been thrown around, straightening shelves and the like. The holes in the walls he couldn't do much about, so he left them as they were.

"Welcome to Obsidian Outpost," he added to Ayar and Rekhyt as he walked past them, "sorry 'bout the state of the place. Normally it's a lot tidier than this. We've had an interesting day." He stopped, looking at them both "So... any of youse got questions for me?" 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: It basically did. :) The Ta side got retconned. Officially, we were never in Ta-Koro, and have always been here in Ko. 

"Well, we had Scholar undergo the honorary signup procedure," Veteran explained, to them both, "which involves an existing member of the group beating the snot out of the new guy. Cuz everyone else was out for the day, the duty of snot-beater-outerer fell to your's truly," he gave a little bow, "we'll wait for the boss and her recruits to get back before I make you guys starting hitting each other, so don't worry 'bout it." 

He smiled smugly to himself. He'd managed to answer both of their questions at once. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: The Champion (Not too ar away from Ko-Koro)

The Toa seems to be interested in joining us. I'm fine with that, and I glance at Enforcer, who is still talking with the tall grey warrior. Did the Toa think that he was our leader for this mission? Well, he's wrong, Forger is. So I walk to him. He's busy talking with the Ko-Toa. I interrupt them and say to Forger "We need to talk later. In private." He nods, and I move on.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

"We're on the side of whoever pays us," Veteran shrugged nonchalantly, "I don't make the decisions around here, so it aint my problem." 

IC: Xitec

Woomph. Xitec zoomed towards the wall, being reeled in quicker and quicker by the hookshot. This was going to hurt, a lot. Using his right arm, his threw up his shield and braced for impact, pulling it up just in time to greet the wall. The shield managed to absorb most of the blow, but the wind was knocked out of him, and now he was dangling from the wall like some sort of hanging ornament, though at least he couldn't be attacked from up here. probably. He tried to figure out how to unclamp the claw, but nothing seemed to work so far.

IC (Echelon)

Echelon continued to watch the Toa and Vortixx struggle, showing neither amusement nor distaste at the latter's antics.

IC (Korero)

At the mention of the Toa of Magnetism's strange powers, Korero gave Oreius a meaningful glance.

That's new, and it can't be good.

He looked back to the Lesterin.

"What about the Guard?" he asked. "Is there an organised defence? Where's Captain Korzaa?"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

"At the Sanctum the guards were beaten back and scattered at the same time as we were, and I can't speak for either the rest of the guard or its captain"

I noticed how the Maru of air communicated with his comrade through a mere glance, a Team they were in earnest, I was an outsider. Nevertheless I was committed to help.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Seeing as how Krakant is stuck under Razsk's foot and isn't going anywhere, Pohtu will take over for now.

IC: Photu.

Walking through the ruined village, he was even more speechless that usual at the destruction and pain that had happened here. The carved walls, crumbled to dust, lightstones lay shattered across the street, fresh snow matted and filthy from all the fighting. There was a sealed doorway, broken doors. His head hurt with the thought of all the damage and pain and loss of this once proud and civilised village. Now it was no-more.

Up ahead, he saw three beings, two of which were conversing with each-other. One looked to be a Toa, and the other a Lesterin. He walked towards them.

OOC: Revekk, Korero, https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/1/1e/Heavy_specialcompleted08.wav?t=20110320072543

IC: Zomma

It's really hilarious how nobody notices a little box trudge around like some sorta mutant Nui-Jaga. I mean yeah the snow's a bloody fantastic disgise, but I'd expect some to catch me. Nobody. terrible, this lot.

Least I can move towards the walls unimpeded: I'm just shuffling along, covered in a box.

• Upvote 1

IC(Dastan): It has been a while since his last visit to Ko-Koro. As a matter of fact, years past until Dastan was able to force himself to come here.

The young Toa was taking step after step, yeach one of wich made him to plunge deeper in the snow, while white flakes continued to fall from the sky. And though he was wrapped in to a large black cloak and wasn't a stranger to such a climate, he felt fatigue fastly spreading across his body.

"How happens, I softed that much..." he thought to himself, "It used to be so much easier to climb a bowlder during a snowstorm. Oh, the good old days..."

A smile appeared on his blue Hau, only to vaporate as Dastan reached the glaciers peak. From here, it was possible to see almost a half of the entire Wahi: white streached as far as could see the eye. However, today, a large column of black smoke rose in the air above the place where Ko-Koro was supposed to be located.

A few instants passed, as he gazed in awe at the terrible sight, after what he suddenly sprinted forward. He ran as fast as he could, forgeting about all his fatigue, cold and snow.

"Never more," he thought as he raced forward, "I won't fail. Not this time."

OOC: So much for a first post. I'm open for interaction, in case of what.

Edited by Dastan

"...A sword-waving somebody." - NatoGreavesy

BZPRPG Profiles

IC Forger

Champion tells me of the Bo-Toa and his intentions to join up, I do not have my map any longer, but some of the landmarks from our journey to Ko-Koro are visible, I figure I can make it to the outpost in about an hour with my kakama.

"But the virtues are broken now, and I don't know where I belong"

The Ko-Toa Veneras had been quiet for several minutes before replying. He seemed a lost and confused soul. Not quite kindred with myself, as I didn't see in him the unsavory parts of myself, but I was interested in hearing his story, only... "You can find the virtues easily enough. They're just obscured in this day and age, not broken. What a hero does is uncover what is obvious to him for the world around him to see."

I hand him one more sled of supplies before bidding him goodbye, explaining I needed to go ahead and make sure our destination was ready for our arrival, "weapons and scary things hidden, more like..." I hand one to the bronze Vo-Toa as well, he seemed the helpful sort that wouldn't mind.

I activate my kakama, the landscape morphing into a white and grey blur. Soon, the obsidian outpost, my home, is on the horizon.

IC Brontes

The tall fe-toa passes by, handing me a sled of supplies and thanking me before running off with his kakama.

"Lazy ," I turn to Verulas, now with Kimala nearby. "That guy **** anyone else off? Leading a band of mercs to attack a hospital before acting like the lord and savior to a bunch of patients later?"

"**** fakers."

...but close to it