BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

OOC: Looks like we're all ready to go.

IC: Verulas (Spectre) - Obsidian Outpost (Courtyard)

Assuming that Charek's silence confirmed his suspicions, Verulas took one last look at the group heading off to Ga-Koro and saw that everyone appeared to be ready to depart.

"Let's move it, people!" he shouted as he began walking backwards in the direction of the cable car. "We're wasting daylight!"

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC (Rorg)

This is an interesting development.

I have a lingering suspicion that Echelon has left us here to see how we fare without his leadership. The bickering Piraka are hardly united; are we the same without him? I do not know. I serve Echelon, not his cronies, but if the most efficient way to carry out his commands is to take orders from another, then I shall not pretend at pride. I do not doubt we can hold this village in his stead, but I do not think that is the test.

Interesting.

OOC: Looks like we're all ready to go.

IC: Verulas (Spectre) - Obsidian Outpost (Courtyard)

Assuming that Charek's silence confirmed his suspicions, Verulas took one last look at the group heading off to Ga-Koro and saw that everyone appeared to be ready to depart.

"Let's move it, people!" he shouted as he began walking backwards in the direction of the cable car. "We're wasting daylight!"

IC (Ace): Nodding, Ace walked off to follow Spectre, then paused, glancing at Enforcer.  Now that he thought of it, they hadn't talked since the trial...

"Uh, before I leave- my apologies about torching half your body during our fight.  If it means anything, even wasn't expecting things to end up that way."

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

IC: Enforcer - Obsidian Outpost Arena. 

I cast a glance towards Ace, then shrug in response to his words. It was just a trial; it hadn't been personal, and the medics had healed our injuries. There was nothing more to it than that. 

It was a real shame that so many beings took little things like this so seriously....

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: (Vandal/Obsidian Outpost)

Crab is getting on my nerves, but with my oh-so-amiable exterior attitude I try not to show it...but seriously, I can't decide if I ultimately dislike Marauder or Crab more...I have to say, probably Marauder, simply for his annoying semi-insanity, but Crab is still up there on my Hate List*.

*It's like my Hit List, only I don't get payed to kill the people on it...that doesn't mean I don't  kill the people on it.

IC: (Mortem/T.O.Y.S Store, Ko-Koro)

"Are you in need of new weapons, Khil'rayuu?" I ask the aquamarine Cy-Skakdi, who has so recently acquired Antidermis. Especially with his knew Gift, he doesn't seem like the type to go for fancy tools of destruction. I search the shop for one of the Piraka.

Kathok

IC Kotak:

He notices the rather loudmouth...Skakdi? It was hard to say. He looked unpleasant, to say the least.

Going on about some other Skakdi who he wanted to beat the karz out of. Perhaps some of these people had history? It wouldn't be uncommon in a mercenary group.

"Takes all sorts," He spoke aloud, to no one in particular.

OOC: Bunnying of Sylus done with explicit permission. Lunefeld and Marfoir are IC assumed to have followed, but I didn't explicitly mention them joining.

-IC:-

The Sanctum's temperature reflects the gelidity of its inhabitants; the return of my retinue to its dead halls is met only with silence. Whether the Vortixx intended to merely amuse my cerulean companion or purposefully abandoned me isn't exactly a difficult decision; I have little doubt in the nature of my fellow criminals and Echelon's zealots. I pause momentarily, my gaze flickering into thermographic but revealing no nearby beings.

I turn to Sylus, who has now donned his acqusition. “Nearest group of Rahkshi, barring my own?” He points, and we resume motion. The footsteps of my servants beat a unified rhythm, interrupted only by the uncertainty of my recently-acquired employees. Eventually we happen upon Vezok and his group, including, to my surprise, the still-living Matoran.

I trust I haven't missed anything important?” The words are accompanied with my usual feigned expression; the dead half-smile, as common on corpses as the living.

Edited by L'Etranger

pNNgXax.jpg

My gaze lowers to analyse the Matoran. His continued survival suggests some utility unknown to my person; I shall scrutinise further actions for explanation. “Was the tour satisfactory?” I keep my speech concise and succinct to conserve our time before the Vortixx returns.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC Sharky

"Just the company of our esteemed cicerone." He glanced around a little. "Though she seemed to have buggered off."

IC:

Bringing two fingers up to his brow, Sylus shut off his new mask with a grimace: he'd been half-hoping he wouldn't have had to deal with this one for at least a little longer. Even the new power of the Elda wasn't enough to compensate for that. 

"Hello again," the Toa said to the little man. "Which cicerone would this be again? There seem to be a lot of them around nowadays."

OOC: Edited.

-Void

Edited by Emissary

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Having made the previous post before consulting the staff, please consider my description of the Elda's functionality as tenuous (at best) until an official ruling is made. 

Fixed.

IC:

"I'm aware of what a Vortixx is, buddy," Sylus said, grimacing. "But I have a feeling I know which one you're talking about."

-Void

Edited by Emissary

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Sharky

"I'd hope so. We've only seen one in short time frame we've known each other. See gave us a tour of the place, 'tis how me and Big Blue ended up here." He lowered his voice a little, "Let's just say she idnday'tay uiteqay owshay ezokvay erehay allyay ofyay ethay owntay'say ecretssay."

It'd been a while since he practiced his pig-wahi speech, hopefully Sylus was a poet of the swineherds as well.

...but close to it

IC:

"Ouyay peakingsay ikelay is ivinggay me a eadachehayTopsay it."

Although what Sylus was saying was true, it was hardly the only reason why the information broker wanted him to stop; pig-wahi was one of the most obvious and easily-cracked codes known to the island, and if this one had any future use to him, he'd prefer that he both be broken of such a counter-productive habit and not have his tongue ripped out by any of the psychos surrounding the Toa and the Matoran.

I mean, with friends like -these-....

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Has everyone lost their minds, leaving me a sole bastion of sanity?

Translation, please. I am unfamiliar with the nature of this babbling.

OOC: Was very, very tempted to have this post just be “...what”, but Hakann being grandiose makes his obliviousness to pig-latin/wahi even better.

Edited by L'Etranger
  • Upvote 4

pNNgXax.jpg

IC Sharky

He returned Sylus' weary remark and veiled look with a knowing nod and smirk. The key fact in his mind was that while players such as Hakann and his posse or the libertine Kohra may be intelligent and learned, they were foreigners. Why would they know the terribly simple code-speak of destitute swineherds, native to a small tract of land they had only so recently breached? It would surely be the work of a ruthlessly meta author to write a character as knowing such things.

• Upvote 4

...but close to it

IC (Kohra):

"We also should ensure Echelon's absence does not become common knowledge outside of the village." the Vortixx said. "The other villages hate us as individuals, but they fear him as our leading figure - and with good reason. But it would do quite nicely to make sure they perceive the whole group as a threat, no matter who is in charge."

IC (Traveler):

The dark figure stood outside the gate, quietly like an onyx statue among the white drifts, until he raised his hand. Forming it into a fist, he knocked three times against the heavy gate, the dull sound carried on the wind.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Utu Kotore - Ko-Wahi

"I'm going," I told the toa of fire, a weakness in my voice, "Whether you come with me or not is up to you."

"Yeah right," Tuara said as she stepped up to the group, "We're not going to waste what little time we have to save you by dicking around."

"Maybe I don't want to be saved," I said, "When did anybody here ask me what I wanted to do?"

Tuara gave a little scoff,
"It doesn't matter what you want to do. We're getting your ##### into that temple whether you like it or not."

"Why?"

"Why? To save your life!"

"I don't want to be saved!" I yell into her face.

My echo and the sound of the wind was the only thing heard over my suddenly soft voice, "I want to see my home," I looked to the others as my knees give a little wobble and my voice breaks, "I want to see my home."

IC: Agrona - Ko-Koro - The Citadel

I watch as Echelon vanishes behind the door.

The man was always a bit of a dramatic.

Not that it was a bad thing. If one with drama was charismatic then they could easily draw power (or at least attention). Luckily, Echelon knew how to handle both. A capable toa, and a capable leader. Even without the others, it wouldn't have been too difficult for Echelon to convince me to join him here. Echelon was going places, and he'd take all of Mata-Nui with him too if he could.

I believed he could.

As far as taking care of the village went it was an opportunity to stress test everybody. We knew how to work together, but without Echelon where would we stand? I was eager to find out.

"You're right Kohra," I begin, "Although I'm more concerned about these Piraka," there was a slight trill in my voice as I said the name of the skakdi, "They might have let us into their vault but if Echelon wants us to keep watch on them, I doubt they're people we will bed with."

No promises.

"Their powers are enigmatic as well, but there's no way to tell if antidermis was their poison," With those of us in the group who took the essences of Makuta there were visible changes as well as powerful changes, "Every specimen was changed visibly by it, but the Piraka share no signs of ours other than their alleged powers."

I was getting off track. There were still a lot of questions about antidermis that I had. I had begun to notice that my saliva was almost sap-like in consistency now. There seemed to be effects that we were not aware of. But that was another issue to be dealt with at another time. With a flick of my fingers I returned to the subject at hand.

"Splitting up responsibilities is a good idea as well if it can be done."

• Upvote 1

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC (Rorg)

Too many questions that cannot be answered; the dividing of roles is the more pressing issue. It would be foolish to alienate allies like the Piraka, especially in Echelon's absence.

IC (Cael)

The Toa of Water opened her mouth to speak, then stopped. Her first instinct was to side with Tuara: the doctor always knew better than the patient. Utu was poisoned; he'd barely come back from death once already, and now he wanted to throw away his only chance at recovery?

I don't want to be saved.

Utu's words, spoken only moments before, hung in the air like the clang of a church bell at a funeral. He'd been saved, every time, against his will. Joske wouldn't let him go; his own Mark wouldn't let him go. Cael remembered those flashes of memory and emotion that had enveloped her when she and Praggos had brought Utu's brain back to life: the blood and horror, and, above everything else, the fear that cast its shroud over every move he made.

What if he didn't want to be saved? What kind of monsters would shackle him to a life he hated; they called themselves heroes, but what had they done? Kept him alive, kept him breathing for the sake of the Thing that loved him with a grotesque, repulsive love. Not for his sake. For the Mark's sake, and before that, for Joske's sake. It was true, wasn't it? She'd only stayed with him because Joske had wanted it, because he had left and her only connection to him was carrying on his work. His work of rescuing others just like he'd rescued her. It was his legacy.

But she'd wanted to be saved.

I just want to go home.

Then let him go home. The cold air made her lungs ache, but this was his home. And if he wanted to live or die or spend his remaining heartbeats where he pleased, then let him. When had it ever been her choice to make?

Edited by Eyru
  • Upvote 1

IC (Agni):

There was a moment of silence after Utu's sudden outburst, a rest during which the Ko-Koro winds played an icy solo on the ravines and mountaintops. It ended with the crunch of my heel in the hard snow as I stepped forward, glaring at the large Toa of ice. 

"So that's it then, hmm? Just go home, right?" I said, keeping my voice calm despite the anger welling up inside. "Just get up; drop every and leave, just like that."

Maybe what was about to be said wouldn't help, maybe it would just make things worse, or bounce off the giant like so much hot air - but I didn't care. I'd had enough. I had watched Joske take on Utu and Echelon at the same time to save him from the latter's control. And then we had tried a second time, months later, barely succeeding and risking all our lives with Echelon getting away again. And whatever small victory we had gained that day had almost been destroyed when Dorian had decided to mercy-kill his 'friend'. If it hadn't been for Cael he wouldn't even have the chance to see his home. And now we stood here, outside of a cave near a lost village, listening to Utu throw everything away. By the time I spoke again I had taken more steps, getting in Utu's face without even realizing it.

"Has the thought ever crossed your mind that this island needs you more than you realize? Do you even realize how much everybody here has sacrificed to keep your sorry behind alive against all odds, because they thought you were worth saving, that there was something good in you. But I guess they were just wrong, weren't they? There was nothing in you worth saving. You've done enough damage that any of the villages could have put you away for good, but yet here you are with a shot at redemption and piece of mind. Just one final effort and you could be done with all of it and live for yourself again. And now that that's within reach you want to trow it away!? Who in Karzhani do you think you are!?"

The snow around my feet had turned into puddles, wisps rising as it got heated more and more.

"I want to go home. That makes it all alright then? Never mind that the one who put you through this Mata-Nui-forsaken pain is running the local village right now and it doesn't look like he's gonna be taken down anytime soon; or how about all the people you've brought nothing but misery to these last years? But at least you can finally go home, curl up and that's it for you. You've given up. You are right about one thing though: You might as well be dead because you SURE are no living being any more! I mean you never were much good at it to begin with, but spirits, LOOK AT YOU!"

I turned away with tense shoulders and a look of disgust frozen on my face. 

"Then go. Go and fight your own battles. We're done here."

Edited by Vezok's Friend
  • Upvote 2

IC:

That was, of course, the moment I walked back in, right when Utu decided to say he didn't want to be saved. That he just wanted to go home, rather than be saved. He didn't care what was done with his life now, whether he lived or died - that was a sentiment that I could say there were times I agreed with. One of the reasons I didn't consider giving up was the fact that I didn't have a home to go to anymore. I stepped over to the group, laying a hand on Agni's shoulder for a moment.

"Not that I can fault you for getting angry, but you should consider his place in all of this too," I said to the fellow guardsman, being calm, quiet, and, for once, serious. "In the time he's been with us, he's been regaled with little but tales of what all evils he's commited in his life, everything he's done to make others suffer, and how little control he's had over his own life, his own being, for quite a while. If you stop and think about it, it's not unreasonable that he would want to just curl up at home and live out his last." I pursed my lips, breathing slowly, but deeply. I didn't entirely want to save Utu just because I felt it was right, or because I knew I was obligated to.

There was a certain kinship I felt with him. Neither of us had been the most shining examples of good behaviour in our lives, after all, and we had more than our fair share of bad memories and scars, physical and mental both, to share for it. I looked over at Utu, with how pitiful he seemed to look and sound just now, almost like a small child. And I still thought of the disgust that Agni had in his voice, and how Cael just stood there, looking on silently. And I sighed.

"Think about it. If you knew that you had committed numerous crimes in your life, hurt people who didn't deserve it for no other reason to feel like you were in power - and if you realized you liked that - if you had killed and stolen for no reason other than your own gain, and had eventually realized how unfulfilling and pointless that was, how would you feel about yourself? If you knew that it wasn't for some small saving grace you had, be it a skill or somebody willing to work with you, you'd be on death row in just about every Koro in the island if they caught you? If the people who remembered you for what you were looked on you with barely-disguised hate all the time, if you barely ever received any actual love or friendship from people, and if you knew that it was only because a small few people thought you were worth something at all that you were still alive, how would you feel? What would you be more inclined to do, honestly? After a certain point, redemption looks unattainable. It doesn't matter who you are or who tells you you can achieve it, it doesn't matter what you do, it's like being in the bottom of a crevasse in one of Mount Ihu's glaciers, lying there, bruised, battered, broken, and looking at the smooth walls and knowing you don't have a chance to get back up out of there and try to hike back home."

I blinked, doing my best to ignore whatever my eyes were trying to do in reaction to what I was saying and how I felt about this. "That's what I feel like, quite often. And I still remember what I did. Utu has it worse - he's just been told about what he did, ad nauseum, and frankly I'm surprised he's only just saying this. He doesn't just feel like this, he's just been told that he is basically worthless, told he's a horrible example of a Toa, shown he doesn't really have any control over his own life anymore, and of course, the one moment he speaks about how he actually feels regarding this, one thing he'd really want, he's berated for it." I shook and bowed my head, closing my eyes, just breathing for the moment. I hated having to speak about anything like this, and more than that I hated just feeling like this at all. I wouldn't be surprised if Utu would feel like it as well.

"It's very easy to want to give up, or to feel like this island would be a better place if you were just to remove yourself from it, if you're in that same position. I can't say Utu feels the same, but if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that somewhere he does. Getting angry and berating somebody who is in a spot like that doesn't help at all, not in my experience." I lifted my head, grinning a little regretfully. "At least for me, once I reach that point I don't want to be confrontational. I don't want to argue and prove I'm stronger than you're saying I am. I feel worse, and even more inclined to just retreat, curl up, and waste away. Unlike me, Utu knows he's already dying. He knows that it isn't a sure-fire bet that we get him in the temple and get that Mark removed, and that there's still a lot more fighting to do before then, a lot more harm to cause in a life already full of having done that too much. Telling him that he's worthless, yelling at him and repeating things he's already heard time and again and likely haven't got much more meaning for him other than proving 'yes, you all think I'm horrible and so does everybody else,' that's not the route to go down. Sorry, Agni, but I really don't think you're taking the right approach here." I turned my head, looking at Utu.

"Utu, I don't know where you're at mentally right now, how you actually feel, but if any of what I said applies to you...It's true. None of us have asked you at all what you'd want, whether you want to get better and keep living or whether you just want to go home and let it end. Whether you want to be saved or not. That's not a choice anybody should make for you. I can only ask you that you think about this carefully. You're not the only one here who just wants to go home and be finished with everything. I'm doing it because there's a job to be done and I want to do it - of course, that job is, saving you, and ultimately, helping to reclaim my home. I think it's important, and I think there's quite a bit wrong with the island as it is, and if I can help fix just one thing, if I can help just one person...it's not atonement. I don't care for that concept. It means nothing to me anymore. Nobody's forgiving me for anything. If I fix one thing, or help one person, or what have you, it's a job well done. I don't know what reason you might be able to come up with for wanting to do this - just get the job done, or prove you're better than your past or whoever might be in your past, maybe just want to try being a good person now and doing what everybody would call right...I don't know. What I do know is that I, at least, would personally appreciate it if you came up with that reason and stuck with us. You're not just a project to us, you're a person, and a relatively important one at that. There's a lot left to do, and we need somebody like you to help us do it. So if you were willing to keep with it, it'd be great."

• Upvote 11

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC (Agni):

"Sorry, Agni, but I really don't think you're taking the right approach here."

The words reached me, but they were like leaves in the chill wind, gone again in an instant. And if Utu had done the same in that moment I wouldn't have mourned. I thought of Joske who had wasted his time trying to redeem every rogue we had come across and all my Toa-brothers and sisters who'd gotten caught up in the task that apparently now had fallen to us. Meanwhile the evil forces of the island were gathering strength while those who should be protecting it were caught up in group therapy. No, I would not have mourned. Still fuming, I brusquely shook of the hand on my shoulder and started to walk away. 

"Frankly, I don't give a darn."

I needed breathing space, and I needed some distance. Out of the corner of my eye I glanced an outcropping nearby. With a quick use of my mask I landed ontop of it. Still in earshot, but far enough away to be alone with my thoughts. 

• Upvote 1

IC:

My own shoulders slumped in further disappointment as Agni shook me away, leaving the immediate group in favour of fuming alone. It was wonderful to see what was supposed to be a team working together slowly fall apart. The immediate cause being...all because one person voiced their discontent, what they actually wanted, rather than letting everybody else treat them like a puppet and forcing them to go along with everything.

"Just remember that, at the most basic level, not a single one of us has treated him any better than Echelon did previously," I said, my voice raised loud enough that Agni might hear me. And then, more to myself, although any of the others close might still hear it: "At least you'll leave rather than make the problem worse." I shook my head, and turned again. "I'm sorry, Utu."

So much for that ever-praised, vaunted unity.

profiles i guess

IC: Utu Kotore - Ko-Wahi

I remember looking hard into Praggos' face as if scouring it like a map would give me something tangible, "Don't be sorry," I said very quietly, "Maybe you're right. Maybe I can help you change this world," I took a deep breath, "But that isn't who I am."

I looked from Praggos to Cael and Tuara, "You put your faith in my ability to change. Or into somebody who thought the same of me. Either way, I must fail you."

With another look to my comrades, I continued, "I remembered everything at the temple yesterday. Most of it anyways. From the moment I fled Tu-Koro's ruins until Dorian killed me again in Le-Koro: I can see it all," I paused, "A lot of it stands out, but from my memory the one thing that I know the most is I wasted my life chasing something I could never have.

"I've lived longer than I should have. ######, I've been killed twice but still I'm given life. It's exactly what I wanted really. I wanted to become immortal; for my name to be remembered for all eternity. But nobody lives forever.

"Not even me. My time is up."

I stepped out into the cold blowing winds and turned around, "If I remember right, I refused to let anybody but Tank come with me to Tu-Koro. Anybody that wants to come with me may. I might not make it there anyways."

I was quiet as I began walking away in the cold.

The world had heard enough from me to last an eternity.

Edited by Palm
  • Upvote 5

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC:

I pursed my lips, thinking again, as Utu walked out. Then I turned back to the others. I didn't have any words. Cael, Tuara, even Agni and Valria, they'd all be able to understand what I was going to do, and why I had to do it. I shrugged, and spread my hands, palms open and up. No words. Nothing really to say, either. I dropped my arms, turned around, and strode out behind Utu.

It didn't take me too long to catch up to him. He was always bigger than me, but I always walked faster. As I came up behind him I patted him on the back, once, somewhat morosely. "You stand by how you feel, Utu. You've definitely not failed me."

I closed my mouth after that. There was nothing more I could say now, and trying to speak anymore wouldn't get anything out anyways.

• Upvote 2

profiles i guess

IC: (Valria)

When I saw Utu standing there, broken, I saw a reflection, I saw myself when I was at the end of my rope, back on the docks of Xa-Koro, contemplating drowning myself, feeling that I was the source of woe to those around me. That it would be better to have snuffed that out, than prolong the pain any longer. I can't pretend our pains are equal, I can't pretend that I know exactly what it felts like to be him. Praggos laid out the entire problem, someone finally had mustered up the courage to say it. Maybe that's why it stung so much, hearing those words. You realize you weren't helping, in fact you were probably making it worse. I could see the frustration in Agni, everything so far seemed like this exercise in futility, in not being able to do one thing right it seemed. That's what it seemed like, I suppose I should have went after Agni, comforted him, convinced him he was going about this the wrong way. However I need to say something, I mean I know I'm not much for this group. I've been passive, and for the most part useless, I avoid these situations it seems, and that's a problem. When I saw Utu, I saw someone that felt alone as I did, for the longest time, and still do sometimes. The truth is pain, never truly goes away, it lingers, it numbs, you become used to it, and eventually it was like it was never there. For Utu though it must have felt like we were cutting his flesh open again and again, reopening those scars. Twisting our fingers in, and it wasn't for his sake, we all thought that maybe, at one time, but now. We wanted to save him for our sake, for the island's sake, but not for his sake. I was about to speak, about to let him know he wasn't alone.

He walked away. I looked at Agni fuming a bit of a distance away from us. There was Utu, stalking off to his home. I did not speak to the others, I did not call to Agni.

I joined Utu and Praggos, if this was Utu's final trip, it didn't seem right to have him do it alone. I didn't speak, not now, enough had already been said.

• Upvote 1

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC (Cael)

She had nothing to say. The healer simply looked around at the others and nodded once before following those who had already left. It was her duty to accompany her patients to the end, whatever that end may be, so she followed Utu's footprints, her mind carefully blank, and listened to the wind.

• Upvote 1

IC: Dayeth - Ko-Koro.

Heading into the house she'd claimed for herself, Dayeth ascended the narrow staircase and made our way out to the balcony. Leaning over the railing, she looked out over the bustling streets, and smiled. 

She was finally home. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC (Merror)

"I don't want to be saved!" I yell into her face.

My echo and the sound of the wind was the only thing heard over my suddenly soft voice, "I want to see my home," I looked to the others as my knees give a little wobble and my voice breaks, "I want to see my home."

I was going to leap to Tuara's side, to entreat Utu to listen to reason—but those words cut me short. I hesitated there in the snow, staring at the huge man with the plaintive voice.

He doesn't want to be saved. He doesn't want this.

There was a raw truth in his voice that dismissed even the strongest thought of 'it's for his own good', and gave me pause.

He just wants to go home.

Whether trying to save a life, or redeem a soul, was really the right thing to do was not a question I could remember having ever asked myself. Life (and the capacity for good) had always seemed to be of paramount importance. But now Utu, the weapon, the killer, the one Joske had been Karzahni-bent on saving, had made me unsure of myself.

And then Agni stepped forward, and began to rant at him.

Watching him berate Utu I felt a horror come over me. I could not move: I was frozen, unable to tear my gaze away from the two Toa. Agni's tirade chilled my blood because in it I saw myself. The righteous anger, the 'pull-yourself-together', the judgement, I knew them all too well because they had so often been mine, but never before had they felt so wrong.

"Then go. Go and fight your own battles. We're done here."

Those were the words that struck me the hardest, and not in the way their speaker had intended. They struck me with the realisation that Utu's life was not my battle, not my war.

Not my war...

How many 'wars' had I fought over the long years that were not mine to fight? Too many, came the answer as the realisation grew. Far too many. I always had to intervene or interfere, crusading into people's lives without truly understanding them, judging them by the same impossible standards to which I held myself. Utu, Dorian, Joske...the list went back, deeper into my memory, casting each of those faces in a wholly different light. Who was I to judge them so, to make their lives my business? It wasn't my war.

And the war that was mine to fight, the seemingly endless struggle against Echelon and the rest of the evil on this island, how well had I fought that? Only now could I see the folly that had guided my thoughts and actions in that quest. I had been so fixated—obsessed, in fact—on mercy and the possibility of redemption, no matter how minuscule, that by sparing guilty lives I had merely sacrificed innocent ones. That wasn't the Code. And when my allies (like poor Valria) told me that an enemy had to die, I judged them for it.

Praggos was speaking now, and I was dimly aware of his words.

None of us have asked you at all what you'd want, whether you want to get better and keep living or whether you just want to go home and let it end. Whether you want to be saved or not. That's not a choice anybody should make for you.

It's not my war.

I felt old, so old. I felt a weight on my shoulders, crushing down on me; heard my heartbeat thudding in my ears. I saw now how wrong I had been, and how many times. I had always tried to save people from suffering...but I saw now that in some cases, all I had done was prolong it. Perhaps even cause it myself. I had been too busy fighting the good fight to see that.

But where had this obsession come from, this over-fixation on redemption? It was not from an inherent inability to understand people, surely. Nor was it from a misunderstanding morality, or of the Toa Code.  Ahhh...and there, perhaps, was the truth of it: I had misunderstood myself. I could see now that it was in fact the old guilt, not so buried as I thought—a lingering and subconscious need to atone—that had made me cling so tightly to these things.

What made the pain of this understanding worse was how late it had come. I was past the naïveté of youth; I had lived so many years, and seen so much of the world, and known so many people, and won things, and lost things, and I had thought that with all that age and experience had come wisdom. It was clear I still had much to learn.

For the briefest moment, I seemed to feel my shoulders bent with age...to hear the rustle of linen robes in the wind...to lean upon a staff...

As the world returned to me, I decided what I must do. It was not my war, but I could not abandon Utu now: I owed him more than that. So I would walk beside him until his war had ended.

Edited by Ghosthands
  • Upvote 11

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Verulas (Spectre) - Obsidian Outpost

Turning around and quickly fist-bumping Kain, Verulas slid open the door to the cable car and began to patiently wait inside for the rest of the team.

IC: Zenithex - Ko-Wahi Border

Zenithex tried to keep up with the rest of the Brotherhood members during their mass exodus from Ko-Koro, he really did. But when traveling through the snowiest region of the island, one soon discovers that it can sometimes be easy to lose your way when a surprise blizzard pops out of nowhere and reduces your visibility to the point where it's practically non-existent. The headaches he had suffered through during the past few days and the fact that Ak'rei'an's messenger was now desperately trying to direct him towards the next person chosen by the Archangel himself hadn't exactly helped things either.

Well, he did have some time on his hands as he made his way back to Blackrock...

IC: Dravennica and Shredder - Wilderness (Near the Ko-Wahi Coast)

Shredder ran off ahead as Dravennica continued to make her way through the system of caves, eventually coming across something quite peculiar; a side passage filled with the belongings of other travelers. Thinking the area to be inhabited, she quickly drew her weapon as she cautiously stepped inside.

A few weapons littered the ground, most cast aside carelessly and now half buried in snow. A fire pit had been created in the center of the cavern, but from the looks of it, it had't been used in a long time. A makeshift table and bed had been placed nearby, betraying the fact that someone had used to live here. Backpacks lay scattered along with the supplies they once carried, but other than what was already visible, there was no evidence to suggest that she was not alone.

After her heart stopped racing, she began to hear a distinct dripping noise coming from around the bend. Moving further ahead to investigate, she discovered a small alter covered in animal bones, but found no source that had caused the sound. Figuring that it was just her imagination, she sheathed her sword once more before preparing to leave, stopping only due to the presence of something wet hitting her face. Her hand rose quickly to wipe it away, only to have her heart skip a beat as she recognised the red liquid now covering her hand.

Blood...?

Turning her gaze towards the ceiling, she was soon met by the grisly sight of recently severed heads, still attached to their spinal columns as wire suspended them from the stalagtites above her. Written between them in the substance now coating her body was a simple, yet self-explanatory message.

Makuta is watching you.

"You really shouldn't have decided to tresspass upon my home, heathen," a voice whispered from behind her, causing her to turn around.

The last thing she saw before the world turned to black was a slightly worn shovel making contact with her forehead.

OOC: Zenithex leaving the region.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC (Agni):

From the nearby perch I could hear what was being said, both by Utu and the others. And as I watched, I noticed the expressions my companions had: Valria's slighty uncertain but determined look, the blank features of Cael, the distraught Merror and most of all Utu who had resigned himself to his fate. And whether I liked it or not, my friend's reactions struck chords within me. Despite my anger being still as present as before, though perhaps not burning as intensely, doubts began to creep into my mind. Maybe if I had just let them do the talking, kept my mouth shut?

Praggos had had a point: I was very much forcing the Toa of ice to do something against his will. He had had more than enough of that already. It wasn't helping. But neither was comparing me to Echelon. After all this had been the first time I'd spoken up. Not to mention again that this Utu we were talking about. Sad as his story was, he had done terrible things, even before becoming Echelon's puppet - and he had liked it. It was hard to feel sorry for somebody like that. Mark or not, his actions had been his own. And the same was true for Dorian. Neither had any moral high ground to argue from. None whatsoever. But just as I was having the thought, the image of another Toa flashed through my mind, reaching out for me as the flames consumed him. I had turned away. My own moral high ground was me standing a barstool above the rest at best. Just because somebody had done something terrible didn't mean all their arguments were void. And yet...

I let out a frustrated sigh, silencing the back and forth in my head. It was getting me nowhere.The conscience is a funny thing like that. Just when you think you have made up your mind and reach a decision it throws you for a loop.

Standing up, I peaked over the edge of the outcropping. It wasn't too deep, so I jumped off and dropped down, sinking up to my calves into the snow as I landed. Trudging forward I made my way back to the group, quietly forming the rear-guard as I stepped up next to Tuara. I was none the wiser, so for the time being it was easiest to stick to the facts: I had joined this quest willingly and had a duty to see it through, to whatever end. If said end was Utu handing himself over to death's cold embrace in his home village, so be it. It was what he wanted and his own, free decision. And I didn't have to like it, but I could find it in me to respect it, hard as it was. Hardship was just one of those things that were part of it. 

Of being a Toa.