BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Kadon

I grinned, watching as my bolt hit home. Drome even let out a stupid little sound as it hit! Things couldn't be better.

As I grabbed my sickles, ready to give Drome something to really cry about, he opened his mouth. I suddenly remembered how he'd caught me off guard in our last fight, and realized that I couldn't cover my ears while holding my weapons. I couldn't even drop them. It was too late.

Drome's blast got me, just like last time. Again, I fell to the ground as this terrible ringing noise started up in my ears. Stunned, I watched as a flock of birds shot overhead, again like last time. Man. Sure, Drome was dumb, but letting myself get caught twice with the same trick.... he must have been rubbing off on me.

Regardless, I knew Drome would be coming to take advantage of his... well, advantage. I got to my feet, nearly falling over in the process. Despite my ears hurting (I think Drome got his wish) I was grinning furiously. "You're going to regret that, Drome!!" I couldn't hear myself, but I was pretty sure that I sounded menacing nonetheless.

With revenge being the only thing on my mind, I charged forward, sickles swinging. In hindsight, it wasn't a great idea (I tend to rely on speed and such) but at the time it seemed like the thing to do. Probably because the only thing I wanted at the time was to see a blade planted in Drome's skull, which wasn't terribly unusual for me.

IC:

LoJak would have said he was surprised, but then again, he wasn't. Theriss had completely ignored his compliment - unfortunately all to typical of Toa of Stone, in particular this Toa of Stone. LoJak wondered if and when Theriss would ever open and share her emotions. He pushed the thought to the back of his mind and answered her.

"Makuta is dead, the Rahkshi are all but vanquished and peace reigns on Mata Nui. Now is the time to enjoy the life we have on this island paradise" LoJak said with a slight laugh.

"Truly though, fame and riches are secondary for me. What interests me more is what comes before, and after. One does not suddenly became famous all by oneself - one does so with the help of friends by committing heroic deeds, good deeds. And with riches, I - we, would be in a better position to help the less fortunate and turn this island into something more than just a civilization of subsistence."

Kulrik took a sip of the wine.

"Now, I've answered your questions and I was hoping you could answer some of mine. For one, why did you create the Sarsi. From what I've heard people say, you were successful beforehand as some sort of, banker or private investor of some sort?"

In short time Malak retrieved his wagon from the inn and proceeded towards one of the greenhouses. The wagon was now completely covered in a wooden hood he had personally grown into perfect shape. It was an odd design, not terribly common, but it suited his needs perfectly. It appeared like an inverted canoe, the sides hammered into the rest of the wagon with dozens of nails. The covering would protect the plants within from harmful, harsh sunlight and still provided more than adequate airflow.

He trudged onwards towards one of the seaports that had appeared in Ga-Koro since the Daedra. Down below it in the watery depths was one of the Koro's invaluable greenhouses, underwater farms that provided the village with goods and money. Malak gave a slight sigh, sad that he'd arrived at present circumstances. He had hoped to honestly gain access to them , but events had transpired differently. Now, he was forced to hope that this last plan of his would still lead him to greatness.

Malk arrived, Marine guards eyeing him carefully. He walked forward with an innocent, cheery smile.

"Hello there, I've got a delivery for the greenhouse below."

Out of the corner of his eye Malak saw another sea fort, Toa Helios walking onto it. It wouldn't take long for that Toa of Gravity to see him and run over.

Best hurry this up.

ooc: There are multiple greenhouses, each with different sea forts protecting it, right?

Edited by Toa Fanixe

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

NPC Marines:

"Have you got your work papers on you?" one of the Marines asked, eyeing Malak'et warily. They'd never seen him before - certainly not as a worker for the Koro, anyways.

---

Meanwhile, further back in the Koro - and with their prisoner, Surina, attempted assassin of Akiri Hahli, in tow - a small group of marines and those following them rather quickly made their way to the Marine HQ, which was also where Hahli had her current offices. Stepping inside, the two marines holding Surina deposited her in a chair, standing guard over her currently weak and maskless form, while the one in charge went off to grab the Akiri and bring her out.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Theriss

LoJak had a point perhaps, that now was the time to enjoy life. It was funny really, that her own life had been at its best under the rule of a monster of the shadows. As soon as Makuta had been defeated, the happy people seemed no longer interested in her loans. It was an interesting connection, but it was hard to say that she wouldn't have gladly placed Makuta back in charge if it meant regaining her fortune. It was in the darkest of times when profit was at its greatest, it seemed.

The description of his desire to help other was a mixture of sweet and sickening. There was kindness within it, but that kindness seemed to be buried beneath a sense of nobility to an overwhelming level. To join a team and toil away merely for the sake of others? It wasn't something she herself could ever do, and even the idea of it seemed to be almost impossible. There was something else to it, that much she was certain of. But that was something better left unspoken of, seeing that LoJak himself may not have even been aware of it.

There was a slight pause from Theriss when LoJak asked his own question. A banker or investor would be terms that could in some way possibly contain what it was that was her business, but they had a much more legal air to them. "You could say that, I suppose. I was in the business of offering loans to those needing quick money, which happened to be quite profitable at one time."
She looked down at her plate of food, staring into the partially eaten meal. "But that business dried up quite quickly, leaving me with no real means of keeping up with the life I had once been living. The thought of losing everything I had worked for was too much to allow. I had to do something to make enough money to keep myself at least with enough to live on. I wasn't going to end up how I was when I first reached this village, never again. So I created the Toa Sarsi as a means of lining my pockets with enough to keep afloat."
She looked back up from her food and back at LoJak's face. "My apologies if it wasn't quite as noble as you might have hoped, I've never really been the heroic type unless I have something to gain."
IC: Drome
Kadon came charging at me with his weapons like some sort of savage animal possessed by a demon made of rage. But he had made one fatal mistake: I had a longer reach, and a bigger weapon that he did. So, with that in mind I decided to end the fight as quickly as possible. I pointed the tip of my mace at him and, though it was more of a smashing weapon than a ramming weapon, lunged towards his ribs for a brutal blow.
"Hey, after this I'm going to take a swim. Especially after that grimy jungle. Want to race to the beach?"

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Tivanu

Tivanu sat patiently. His eyes were closed as he seemed to be clearing his thoughts in preparation for his eventual meeting. He did not worry about Surina for if the marines could not keep her in check then they did not deserve to have her. E

Even Kive-phu, Tivanu's lava hawk saw patiently atop his right shoulder, her predatory eyes watching each and every movement yet not seeming to react to them. It showed the discipline that went into her training. And so the duo waited in their chair, awaiting the moment the akiri would show her face. A single stray thought entered his mind

Never seen an Akiri before.

Edited by A Vox in a Box

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Tivanu

Tivanu did not even open his eyes or moved but merely spoke a simple term

"None."

His voice was icy

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC:

Well, that's a good start, thought LoJak. She hasn't told me everything, not by a long shot - her story was very vague and completely lacked any details - but the Toa of Fire had a feeling that Theriss had actually told him a small part of the truth. Distorted, missing many parts, but the truth nevertheless. For that, LoJak was grateful.

"There's nothing to be sorry about" LoJak explained carefully. "Remember, one of the three virtues is Duty, and before all else we have a duty to be true to ourselves. You know you don't particularly care for heroics, and thats something - there are Toa that die trying to figure that out for themselves."

LoJak continued eating his meal, the food on his plate disappearing at a steady rate.

"I can understand why you care about having a full purse. Falling to an extreme low motivates a Toa to climb out of that hole and never return. That's what happened to me, with my drinking, and now I want to be like Toa of Legend. And you just want to earn some money, and that's where I've got to disagree with you, because I don't think that that goal is any less noble than mine. There's no honour in being poor, you know, and even less in starving to death. Building a successful business is just as difficult as a heroic deed, in some cases even moreso. What matters is what you do with the money afterwards. What do you plan on doing once you've become wealthy? And make no mistake, I'm certain you will lead this team to fame and riches.

"Work papers? I'm sorry, the boss man didn't tell me anything about no work papers" Malak said feigning perfect surprise.

"I was just to deliver this here wagon full o' plants to your fancy greenhouses. Usually I only do local deliveries, in Le-Koro you see, but some other delivery men called in sick and so here I am. Don't suppose you can let me in so I can give your scientists these shrubs, get their signature and be on my way?"

Edited by Toa Fanixe

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Helios (Ga-Koro)

"No? Alright, then I..." I began as I looked around, still trying to locate the Toa with a name fit for an evil overlord, abruptly cutting myself off when I noticed him over at a nearby entrance to a separate greenhouse. He was dragging along what looked like a wooden carriage, with an odd top design that looked sort of like a canoe bent inside out.

"At least that settles what element this guy is" I thought as my fingers visibly tensed. I really could've believed Malak to be either a Toa of Air or Plantlife, but given that he was running around scheming about breaking into the Ga-Koro greenhouses, had been peddling plants to Eutuchia, and was currently handling a wagon with a really unconventional shape... yeah.

It was time for action, the guards needed only be warned about the situation, and if Malak'et tried to run away, well... here goes nothing.

"Hold up" I called to the guards as I shifted into a sprint towards the three.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Barthel Deliresi

My mind was still full of doubt as I second guessed my goals. I decided to just put that aside in my mind for now, and listen to the ocean. I activated my Kanohi and enhanced my hearing, listening to each wave as it crashed against the shore, the sound of Rahi in the distance, and the wind blowing gently by. It was one of the most peaceful times of my life.

Then the peaceful sounds and my relaxation came to a crashing halt with a loud scream of wanting someones ears to bleed. If they were trying for mine then they came close. I clutched my ears and shut off my Kanohi. "I am going to make the son of a Piraka who did that pay." I got up and strode in the direction of the sound, greatly off balance and with my ears were still ringing.

I reached where I could see the presumable cause of the deafening yell, only to see two morons trying to kill each other. I had no clue which of them had created the scream, so I was hoping for them both to end up beating each other senseless. It would certainly save me the time of figuring out which one to attack. Besides, at least it would be entertaining to watch.

OOC: That would be Drome and Kadon he is spectating.

sml_gallery_51411_140_31138.png

Drome was clearly taken aback by my flawless strategy. He was caught off-guard, not expecting so bold a maneuver on my part, helpless before my-

Then, he just pointed his mace at me and charged. Whoops. It suddenly occurred to me that my plan was, in fact, incredibly dumb. And not having any sort of intelligence is Drome's forte, not mine.

As I changed my charge into a dive off to the side, I saw Drome say something and faintly heard something about a 'grimy jungle.' I frowned, unable to hear him over the ringing in my ears, and made a mental note to buy earplugs the next time we arrived in whatever Koro we were wandering towards. "What did you say?!" I shouted, in a vain attempt to hear the sound of my voice over that incessant ringing.

I realized my mistake too late: I'd just give Drome an excuse to yell at me again.

I stopped, turning aside my mace for a moment before turning towards the evaded Kadon. Clearing my throat I prepared to explain to Kadon what it was that I had been saying. I had forgotten about having messed with his hearing, I suppose that was something I really should have kept track of before speaking to him. But really, he was the one who was foolish enough to allow himself to get deafened.

With a voice only a few notches down from a roar, I began speaking to the blue blunderer. "I AM GOING FOR A SWIM. RACE YOU TO THE BEACH!"

And with that, I was off and running in the direction of the water. It appeared that someone was already down there, looking in our direction. I decided to wave hello as I charged in his, and the beach's, direction. Apparently I had forgotten I was still holding my mace. Whoops.

It really shouldn't have been very hard to just go out and say that she was a loan shark. She really hadn't had any problems with it before, telling it to virtually anyone who asked. But saying it t someone who seemed to be trying his hardest to be the good guy? There was something about the job that just made it impossible to explain. It wasn't the business for the kind or merciful.

"I suppose you're connect. A Duty to oneself is quite important to hold onto." She paused for a moment looking back down at her food, taking a small bite before continuing. "I've seen heroes with good in intentions, and I've seen false heroes arrive with nothing but their own goals in mind. I feel that I perhaps lean a little more towards the second, but I have no intention of coming close enough to dying in order to find out the truth."

The mention of falling to an extreme low was enough to cause more discomfort than she would ever care to admit. "It's even harder when you reach that low as a Matoran. It's almost impossible to even dream of getting back what you once knew, but that makes it all the better when you do. Your fall lead to you wanting to be a hero. I just don't want to have to fall again."

What did she plan on doing when she had enough money to last her long enough to build up a new business, something that could sustain itself? She wouldn't have any need for the Toa Sarsi anymore, they would just be an unneeded distraction from her reclaimed fortune. But what of the members that didn't seek money, but to be heroes? Did she owe it to them to keep the team going even when her own goals were accomplished? "I... don't quite know what I shall do when I've reclaimed my wealth. But that will no doubt take some time, so there's no need to worry about it at the moment."

What would she do then?

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

NPC:

The marine speaking to Malak shrugged at the man's words. "Sorry," she said, "But unless you have your identification, you can't get in. Those are the rules, and if your boss didn't tell you about it, you should go speak to Eutuchia--"

"Hold up!" one man called - Helios, the marine thought his name was - while sprinting over. Just nearby, a Matoran of Plantlife - Eutuchia - showed up as well, running over, only a few steps behind Helios.

"Malak'et!" Eutuchia called, as he ran up. "I see you weren't content to try and speak to Hahli again, were you? Bad choice."

profiles i guess

This time, I saw Drome coming and clapped my hands over my ears. I had no trouble hearing his challenge, and leapt to my feet with a grin. Drome was about to find out why heavy armor never works in the long run. (Get it? Run? I'm a genius, I know.)

Drome, being the backstabbing orange lump that he is, had already started off toward the beach- or the person standing on the beach. I wasn't sure which, because Drome appeared to be waving his weapon at the random bystander in a rather threatening fashion. Deciding to ponder Drome's destination later, I charged off after him, weapons swinging as I pumped my arms. "YOU'RE NOT GOING TO WIN THIS ONE, SPIKEY!"

I watched as one of the combatants dodged a charge by the other, much to my disappointment. So far it hadn't turned out to be as entertaining as I had hoped. I was beginning to wonder if I should just leave and try to forget my aching ears. Then one of the two combatants turned in my direction, and charged at me, swinging his mace in the air. He was quickly followed by the other as they both now came at me with their weapons at the ready. I guess they didn't want any spectators.

I prepared for the inevitable confrontation and put my hand on one of my chakram. Two against one, my back to the ocean, not a good predicament to be in. First I used my power of metal to redirect the direction of the mace towards its user's cranium. I suspected he would have a good enough grip on it where the blow wouldn't connect, but even so it would make a good distraction.

Next I pulled out one of my chakram and threw it towards the legs of the one with the sickles. I guided it with my power, making certain my accuracy was spot on. If all went well I would have disrupted them enough to prepare another offensive, and maybe have already landed a blow or two.

OOC: My apologies for the short post, but... I couldn't resist.

I felt my mace swinging in my hand, a sign that something was very wrong. Before I could get it back under control, it cracked me upside the head with a painful thud. The next thing I knew, I was laying on my back on the sand.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

A laugh formed on my lips as Drome somehow managed to hit himself with his own club, a taunt already forming in my mind when I noticed something that looked a lot like a disk flying right at me. I threw myself off to the side, but the thing grazed my leg as I hit the soft sand. I gritted my teeth, my good mood disappearing instantly, and felt a trickle of blood work its way down my leg.

I hate being cut. That stranger was going to pay.

Whoever he was, he knew what he was doing, and he meant business. I wasn't going to take any chances with this one, not until I knew what I was up against. Instead of getting up and charging him or sending a blast of electricity his way, I activated my Iden. Hopefully Drome would be a big enough distraction to keep my body safe while I took a closer look at who I was up against.

Unless Drome was knocked out. Which, I thought, would be exactly like him.

I was utterly shocked by how things went. The one with the mace had failed to even stop his own weapon and had laid himself out. The other one leaped to the side but had been clipped by my chakram. He had apparently fainted from being cut. Maybe he didn't like blood, who knows. All I had known at the time was that I had overestimated how dangerous the individuals were.

I used my power to return my chakram to me and began to ponder what to do next. I could try and leave, but I was uncertain if the first one had knocked himself out, or if he was just down temporarily. I could wait to see if they were both down, but they might have had allies coming. But I also could have tried to interrogate them to see why they planned to attack me, and why they were fighting.

Then it hit me, they were probably training earlier, not fighting to the death. I had stumbled upon them, and the only reason they had gone down so easily was that they were tired. They had also tried to kill me because I had seen them. The only things that they could have been were highway men, mercenaries, or killers. I quickly put some more distance between them and myself, and prepared for the worst. If they got back up I was going to be in trouble.

It took me a little while, but I returned to my feet eventually. But the funny thing was, laying there looking up at the sky? It had only made me angry. As angry as that horde of Nui-Rama that Kadon and I had outrun. Now I knew why it was that they chased us that day, it was because they were angry. I was going to be a Nui-Rama flying on wings made of pain, right at the guy who had done this to me.

Well. I assumed that he did it. I usually didn't hit myself on the head. Usually. But now was the time to bring about revenge upon the guy who had attacked me for waving hello. I had had bad days like that before, but this was ridiculous.

I ran over, grabbing up the downed Kadon and throwing him over my shoulder. Then I turned towards the little green irritant who had dared to anger me. With a resounding roar, I charged towards him with the grace of a rampaging Kane-Ra. I was going to trample him under foot, with the force of a Kane-Ra and the anger of the Nui-Rama. He had better run. "I WILL MAKE YOU EAT YOU MASK FOR THAT!"

'You mask'? Maybe I had been hit harder than I thought.

Edited by Nocturne Auteur

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC:

Malak'et turned, eyes opening wide as he heard Hahli's secretary call his name and saw both Eutuchia and and Helios running towards him.

"Right,I'll be going and getting that identification now" he muttered to the Marine guard.

The Toa of Plant-Life lifted up the bars on his wagon as fast he could and backed up a few steps. However, the wagon stood upon the edge of the walkway and as Malak moved it, one of the wheels slipped into the water. Malak'et felt the weight of the wagon buck behind him,his grasp on the bars slipping in an instant as the wagon began falling over the side. It began sinking quickly - its contents obviously quite heavy.

"Noooo!!!" Malak'et, Toa of Plant Life yelled as the box that held his precious cargo disappeared beneath the surface before he could do a thing. Malak turned his gaze towards the walkway Helios and Eutuchia were running and waved his hand in their direction. A cage of bamboo grew out of the ground, blocking their path and obstructing their view of their prey.

Malak then dived into the water, one hand grasping onto the wagon which was already nearly a dozen feet below the walkway. He pulled it towards himself and hugged onto it, the sea swallowing peddler and haul into it's deep, dark stomach.

Malak'et and his cherished wagon full plants sank to where no light could reach, and there was darkness.

LoJak finished his food while listening to Theriss talk.

He found it hard to believe that Theriss was a 'false hero' as she said. A false hero did not create a team of Toa whose aim was to gain popularity by performing acts of valour, even if the end goal was wealth and riches. No, LoJak thought, Theriss was a hero - she was just preoccupied with digging herself out of the depths to see the heights she could reach.

"Well, " LoJak began, "what do - or did - you like to do in your free time when you weren't working? Do you have any hobbies you might like to pursue, or family to spend time with?"

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC and NPC:

The marine guarding the greenhouse sent her fellows down to guard the greenhouse, to make sure Malak'et wouldn't try to swim up to it and break in or something - while she dove in after Malak'et. After all, for all she knew, he might not be able to swim.

Eutuchia, meanwhile, frowned, crossing his arms. "Really should've brought a hatchet."

profiles i guess

The large one rose from the ground, a look of murder in his eyes. My hand trembled as he began to move, and I began to think staying to fight was a bad idea. The one with the mace flopped his ally over his shoulder, and then began to charge at me. I didn't have much time to react. I created a strip of metal and threw it at the monster of a Toa's face, planning to contort it to fit onto his face if it hit, thereby blinding him.

I began to run before seeing the results of my attempt to slow the Makuta spawn down, knowing I didn't have a moment to spare. I had to get to the village. There I could get the help of the guards or the other Sarsi. Either way, I knew if I didn't make it to the village then those murderous highwayman-like mercenaries were going to kill me

IC:

It was a simple task to track down Voulge. When in doubt, the best place to start was the nearest tavern.

Vail kicked open the door and marched through the threshold with his head held high. Several heads turned irritably in his direction. Eyebrows arched in bewilderment as the Toa of Fire swaggered past with the baby Ussal in his outstretched palms. In fact, he held the creature as if it were an idol meant to be worshipped.

Vail spotted Voulge's stooped frame easily, even through the crowd of beings that inhabited the room. He was actually surprised to have found him so quickly. He approched the Fe-Toa with a boastful grin spreading across his face.

"Guess who?" Vail asked innocently from behind Voulge's shoulder.

My spirit, freed by my mask, zipped over to Angry, as I liked to call him. Unfortunately, I didn't spot any glaring strengths or weaknesses at first glance, and then he started running. As in, he got the upper hand and then he just.... left. Don't ask me why, but it was probably a good idea, seeing as how Drome chose that moment to get up.

I sped over to Drome and watched as he picked my limp body up and took off. I watched with a kind of silent awe as he sped off after Angry with me slung over his shoulder. Drome was as angry as I'd ever seen him, and believe me, I've seen Drome angry.

Of course, I wasn't reflecting on Drome's attitude at the time. Spotting an advantage, I zipped back to my body and promptly sent a bolt of electricity at our mutual foe. It missed completely, thanks to being bounced around by Drome.

"DROME! Could you at least TRY to make it easy to shoot at him?!" Looking up, I saw the Toa throw something at us. I swatted at it, expecting to hit it with a sickle... except my sickles were laying on the ground where I'd left them when I used my mask. Pain shot through my hand, and I let out a yelp. "YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT!"

Hobbies? She hadn't really thought of her hobbies for a while now. She liked art, but all of her art had been long since sold off. They were beautiful paintings, ones from each of the Koros' finest artists. But now her walls lay empty. Outside of that, there was cooking, Cooking was enjoyable, depending on what was being made. But she really didn't like trying the cooking of others, outside of food prepared at restaurants. She didn't trust them to know what they were doing. The occasional fight was entertaining as well, but that had been mostly part of her job.

Family though, as far as she knew, she was quite alone on the island. Otherwise, she might have tried to get help from one of them at some point. But there was this strange feeling, like there was someone she knew but just couldn't recall.

"Most of my hobbies were tied to the life I was previously capable of living. I don't have quite enough money to be able to enjoy them as much as I once did. I will likely never regain my painting collection, and the ingredients I liked to use for cooking are outside of my reach now. As for my family... I don't think I have any on the island. I seem to remember I might have had a brother, but that memory is very unusually cloudy."

Kadon couldn't even take one moment without deciding to complain about something. He was like that, a never-ending stream of whining and discontent. I had been nice enough to not just ditch his body laying there on the sands, and this was the thanks I got? "Sorry for not being the perfect little firing platform, now shut up and work on something more important. Like your pitiful aim!"

Then something smacked into my face, covering my eyes. It took me a moment to realize that it was Kadon's hand. It took me another moment to realize I could no longer see where I was going. I tried to shake the hand free, but Kadon was holding it there quite firmly. "Hey, get you hand out of my eyes! I can't see where the pest is! And if I can't see him, I can't use the anger of the Nui-Rama to get revenge!"

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: Did Malak's cage actually have a roof?

"Yeah" I replied absent-mindedly as I watched the spot where the water still stirred after the Marine had dived after Malak'et. This whole ordeal had suddenly taken a turn from kinda exciting to fairly disturbing.

I struggled to think straight; the Marine obviously knew what she was doing, it was her job, after all, and at the moment my job was to find a way out. If nothing else than at least to save a little face. I couldn't help but smile at the fact that Malak'et had decided to go for Bamboo for his cage; the one type of wood I actually knew a thing or two about.

Seeing as how the bamboo Malak'et had grown was out of nothing, it would be fair to assume that it was fairly "raw", an assumption that was confirmed when I took a closer look. Now, untreated Bamboo has one fatal weakness; a substance that was in abundance just a foot or so away from me.

Our ticket out of this cage was simple (although I can't belive I'm saying this): Just add water.

"You wouldn't happen to know if there's any spare containers lying around near here?" I asked Eutuchia.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

I tried pulling my hand off Drome's face, but nothing happened. Nonplussed, I stared at it for a moment before the cause of the issue registered: "I- I can't! That little bugger! He stuck my hand to your face with a piece of metal! And what on Mata Nui's green island do you mean, anger of the Nui-Rama?!"

I yanked harder, but again, nothing happened. First the cut, now this! Feeling particularly enraged, I was about to make the mother of all threats when I suddenly noticed that Drome was charged straight at a log that was laying on the ground, and realized that he was going to trip. "Um, ah, JUMP!"

I heard a cackling sound like that of lightning on a stormy night. The only difference was that this sounded much closer, and much more dangerous. I looked back over my shoulder as I ran for my life, only to see that the smaller one was awake again. I also saw that his hand had been hit by my strip of metal. It now rested over the large ones eyes, and I could not believe my luck. I changed its shape to hook the hand over the uglier one's eyes as best I could.

If it was the less ugly one who shot lightning, then I'd have loved to see him try again with that hand. It would have been hilarious to see him shock his own partner in crime. However, I knew that the murderous mercenary-like highwaymen were smarter than that.

I made towards the village as fast as I could, now shouting for help since I believed I was in ear shot of the village. "Help! There are highwayman-like, mercenary-like, murderers after me! They wish to kill me and destroy my handsome visage! My fellow Sarsi, if you can hear me then do this world a favor and help save me!"

IC:

As Helios was thinking and talking, Eutuchia had pulled out his diving knife, a large hulking sort of blade - still small enough to be a knife, at least - and was currently chopping into / sawing through the bamboo that was near him.

"I'm sorry, were you saying something? I was just using a knife on this green stuff."

profiles i guess

"I thought I'd found a way out, but honestly I think your approach will get the job done just as well"

"I just need to put a little weight on it" I said as I bent the surrounding gravity to act on two of the bamboo poles and them alone.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"Well, I don't know about painting, but I might be able to help you with the cooking" LoJak said, flashing a grin.

He waved at the restaurant around them.

"You should know, I can't actually afford to eat in a place like this, not on the salary you give me. Not that I'm complaining of course, I know it's my fair share. A couple years ago, back when I was a mercenary, I was travelling to a job and found a Matoran with a wagon on the side of the road being attacked by a couple Rahi. I helped him fend off the infected beasts and guarded him until he reached his destination her in Ga-Koro. He had no money to pay me and instead offered to cook me dinner that night. I ate his food and left in the morning. A year later I returned to this village and found this restaurant, built and run by that very same Matoran. When he saw me again, he told me that I was always welcome to come by and enjoy a well made dinner."

LoJak motioned towards his now empty plate and licked his lips.

"And I think you'll agree, it was rather delicious. Anyways, I'm sure that if I asked, the owner would be more than happy to provide you with anything you need."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Voulge

Voulge heard Vail behind him and he said with a rather cold tone

"If there is not a baby ussal in your possession then leave me alone."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"Remember how angry those Nui-Rama were where we attacked that hive of theirs? Well, I'm as angry as one of those right now, and -" Wait, what did he say? Was he actually trying to order me to jump? What would make him think that bossing me around was a good idea? Oh yeah... I couldn't see... I should probably listen to him right now.

With a blind leap, I barely managed to clear the log laying before me. I didn't know it was a log, so I assumed that the guy we were chasing, who was clearly a metal Toa, had left a deadly trap before me. But that wouldn't stop me, not with the anger of the Nui-Rama pouring through my veins. That little pest didn't have a chance against the might power I held in my fist.

Oh right, I was explaining the anger of the Nui-Rama to Kadon. "So I'm as angry as they were that day, so I figured that I had the anger of the Nui-Rama right now. How did you not understand that?!"

I would never know how Kadon could be so clueless all the time.

The chance to cook using a restaurant kitchen was quite remarkable. It had been a while since she had had any assortment of nice ingredients, let alone the number of which would be available in a restaurant. She was about to accept his offer when her eye caught sight of the view outside. It was getting quite late now, having already been so at the start of the dinner. Perhaps if she had not been so late, there would have been enough time for the incredibly opportunity that had presented itself.

"It does sound quite enjoyable, having a fully stocked kitchen at the ready, but it's getting quite late. So as nice as that would be, I think that it might be best that we get some rest for the morning. Perhaps we'll have a chance to do some cooking at a later time? Maybe tomorrow if the team hasn't managed to get itself into some sort of trouble before then."

She let out a smile towards LoJak as she rose from her seat at the table. "I have had quite the lovely evening tonight, it has been a while since I had such a nice meal. You'll have to give your friend my thanks for his delicious cooking."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

"How do I not- gahhh, just shut up and run." I rolled my eyes. Drome was just so very...... Drome.

Either way, Drome wasn't the issue at hand (Get it? Hand? I should have been a comedian instead of wandering around with Drome, I know). Angry, who was currently screaming for help, was. "Dramatic, isn't he?" I grumbled as I extended my free hand, palm facing the little nuisance.

I charged up a bolt powerful enough to give him something to really yell about without draining much of my power (he seemed to have friends, these 'Sarsi' people he was going on about, so a big fight was probably heading our way) and grinned viciously. "Handsome visage, eh? NOT FOR LONG!" Feeling satisfied with my threat, I let the electricity fly, still grinning madly.

I kept running toward the village, planning on getting as close as I could before they could try to attack me again. Then the less ugly one shouted about my visage and how it wasn't going to be handsome for long, and I got a sinking feeling in my gut. I knew before it even hit that what came next was going to hurt.

The blast of lightning hit me in the back, most likely hitting low because of the shooters bumpy ride. I let out a scream of pain at a pitch so high that only Rahi could hear and then collapsed to the ground in spasms. I had come close enough to the village that I was sure that someone had heard me. Besides that, one of them was blinded, and the other had only one hand usable. I had a great advantage, and it was time to stop running until I lost it.

As I shakily rose from the ground I grabbed two of my chakram, preparing for battle. I threw one towards the teal one's left leg, and the other for the wrist connected to the immobilize hand of the blue one. "Let's see how well a blind man can dodge!" I was already reaching for my other two chakram before the first two had managed to reach their marks.

IC:

"Yes, of course I will" LoJak said, pushing his chair back to give himself space to get up.

"I can't think of any way I would have rather'd spend the evening. Thank you for coming tonight."

As the two Toa got up the owner appeared, asking them how they were and if they'd enjoyed the meal. LoJak and Theriss both thanked him for the meal and praised the food, making some more small talk before courtesy finally let them go. LoJak found the whole affair rather pleasant, a reminder of what life was like without risking one's life or fighting dangerous Rahi and Rahkshi, and of having dinner with a colleague. In his line of work, that was all too rare.

"Can I walk you home? I know, you're more than capable, but I'd still like to."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

I felt a deep sense of satisfaction over inflicting pain on Angry, which probably wasn't a good thing, but whatever. Point was, he was going to think twice before throwing one of those disk things at me!

I watched as he shakily stood up and grabbed two of those disk-thingies (I should really find out what their actual name is), and took a second to realize that I'd probably only encouraged him to throw more of those things at me. Hmm. Well, another brilliant plan gone tragically astray.

Knowing that there was no way Drome was going to dodge those, and no way that I'd be able to blast them out of the air, there was only one choice: I was going to have to take one for the team.

I hate it when that happens.

Still slung over Drome's shoulder, I pushed myself off with my free hand and threw all my weight away from Drome at the same time. The idea? Force Drome to the ground by upsetting his balance, allowing us to dodge Angry's attack. Unfortunately, that meant that my arm, which was stuck to Drome, was in for a world of hurt.

As I executed my plan, I also yelled, "Drome, grab the arm that's attached to your face and pull!" I hated giving the orange lump an excuse to hurt me, but there wasn't much choice. It was that or fight an opponent at range while stuck together, and I valued my life more than my arm. Besides, who wants to be stuck to Drome anyway?