BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

Nika grunted something intelligible as Jin left, then turned back to his destination.

Their journey was silent (the Vortixx didn't even have any cigarettes left to puff) as they began approaching the Polzin estate, which loomed both foreboding and familiar in Nika's mind. It had, after all, been both his home and his prison for the past few months.

As they walked up the path to the mansion, he finally broke the silence.

"Do you want to knock the door," he asked, "or should I?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Dessa

Hmm, quite a few nice rear-en-OH MATA NUI THEY'RE RUBBING OFF ON ME WHY IS THIS HAPPENING

OOC: Success :P

IC: Toenga

"No," he answered. "I don't want to ride your bear. Er, ride on your bear. I mean - oh, Mata Nui, let's just go."

He started off towards Nyli's house.

Edited by Jakura Nuva

IC (Ayiwah):

The commodore had seen enough to draw her blade once again and did not let it disappear until the Skakdi had turned away. If this change was what the creatures enable she regretted not slicing up these abominations herself. It wasn't the weirdest thing they had seen of course - a giant cephalopod was hard to surpass after all - but this was just disturbing enough to make the Menti warrior her lenient attitude to letting the shore party roam this freely. A talk needed to happen and it needed to happen asap.

:All Dasaka, back to the Ryuu's pier. No exceptions.:

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Jalkron

"Allow me."  Jalkron bends down and bends the metal aside.  He lowers his staff through the hole, and when it reaches the object the staff grows a claw and clamps down on it.  Jalkron pulls it out and examines the object after returning his staff to normal.

IC: Kazreak

Kazreak shrugged and said, "Suit yourself." He then jumped on Gali and trotted along to wherever Toenga was going.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC (Ayiwah):

The commodore had seen enough to draw her blade once again and did not let it disappear until the Skakdi had turned away. If this change was what the creatures enable she regretted not slicing up these abominations herself. It wasn't the weirdest thing they had seen of course - a giant cephalopod was hard to surpass after all - but this was just disturbing enough to make the Menti warrior her lenient attitude to letting the shore party roam this freely. A talk needed to happen and it needed to happen asap.

:All Dasaka, back to the Ryuu's pier. No exceptions.:

IC: Vilda Mako (Ga-Koro)

:Understood. Come on, Soraph: I called mentally. I wanted my nap and soon.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Tyrus shrugged at Captain Treize's suggestion.

"Why not?"

IC:

The Vortixx shrugged, turned, and knocked on the mansion's front door himself.

IC:

"Okay, that's ... cool, I guess," I replied to Tarkus (Tarkin? Takro? Nah, pretty sure it's Tarkus.)

Why did I decide to go on this expedition agai-- oh hey, wow, Aki's really strong.

"Thanks, Aki."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Character timeskip initiated

IC: Vilda Mako (Chisai Ryuu)

I sat there in my quarters, Kama peacefully dozing off in her cage near the wall. After the day's mess, I' imagined I'd like nothing more than to hit the hay (alone, mind you) and doze off... but my head wasn't having any of that.

The old saying goes that ones mind goes "a mile a minute", right? Then my mind was jumping off a cliff every minute, with just as disastrous results as that sounds like. I'd never been a master planner, I was the guy who took down other guys (well, mostly women, strictly speaking) wielding big sticks and murder in their eyes for good measure.

This whole scene had been an absolute disaster, that was the only way to describe it properly. I had willingly let myself become incapacitated, failed to act on the obvious warning signs from our 'gracious' host, left it to my companions to risk life and limb trying to save us. It wasn't just amateurish or rookie mistake, it was inept. Inept like a Saihoko's throat after three straight ours singing sea shanties, or maybe a noblewoman's fingers after having an unpleasant encounter with an uncooperative button, it was...

No, no, slow down, stop it. You're not supposed to worry about that anymore, Mako. Get your head together.

But that feeling, that feeling of being completely helpless, at someone else's mercy...

"Not so different from your old position, is it?"

No... maybe it wasn't. But I'd never felt it so strongly before, and it darn right near killed me that I'd failed to do anything about it. What was wrong with me today?"

Face it; you're getting old.

"!"

• Upvote 2

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Leah):

The Toa Maru stopped. She wanted to help the Dasaka out of whatever trouble they had found, but now their leader wanted to talk. With a knot in her stomach, she hesitatingly decided to trust the commodore that she would put the good of her people over handing out punishment, despite her ruthless suggestion and counted on the Marines to do their parts.

She looked at Hanako, knowing her expression couldn't quite mask her feelings right now. "Very well, Lady Hanako." she said. "Speak."

IC: (Hanako)

"I want to apologize for Commodore Ayiwah suggested. Order is a virtue she hold close to her heart, she is a good women despite what she suggested. I also want to thank you for your patience and for your help so far," I said, bowing in both apology and thanks for everything she had done to help us so far. Someone had to keep us from making enemies with the people of this island, whether deliberate or accidental, I would not let this expedition be a bust. A voice cut through my mind, it was Ayiwah ordering everyone back to the submarine.

"Well Toa Leah, I must take my leave. I wish to speak with you again at some later time." I said, with a smile and another slight bow before heading back towards the direction of the submarine. I wondered if life upon on this was always as disorderly as it seemed in this village. So many people willing to cause all sorts of problems in daylight, including kidnapping visitors! I hoped by this command, it meant Ayiwah and the others had the situation under control. A pang of guilt stabbed at the heart of me though, and spread through the rest of me, I couldn't shake it. I should have been there, alongside the others, alongside Ayiwah and I had tarried too long, people could be injured or worse because of such hesitation. Maybe I wasn't the right choice, maybe I was too much of a rookie, nevertheless I stowed such feelings, and if I faced any remonstrance, I would take it, and let it be a reminder for my mistake.

IC: (Vera Polzin)

I had already scanned the door to see who was standing behind it, A Vortixx and a Toa. Being that there was only one Toa in the group, I knew it was Pae. The other was Nika, with his rifle, and general posture, it was an easy tell. So that meant Jin was off somewhere else or she was dead. I wanted to know the reason if either situation proved true. She was my employee after all, they all were. While my business with them was strictly off the books, it was still business and I had employed them on this mission. I was aware of the situation in Ko-Wahi, though I did not predict that another organization supporting Makuta would rise so soon again. Given how easily it seemed to be toppled, someone was funding them, arming them, making them into a real threat and that was troubling thought. I opened the door, regarding Nika and Pae.

"Hello gentlemen, please come in. We'll speak in the study," I said. 

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: Soraya [Ga-Koro]

Soraya made her way back to the ship slowly, supported by Aki and Daijuno and trying to ignore that fact very hard.  She forced a smile.  "Heck of a way to start an expedition, huh."  Between the kidnapping/drugging/attempted murder, Soraph's little stunt (seriously, what was she thinking?), and spiky-backed nutjob #7, there was no doubt Ayiwah was about to drop about a dozen new rules on them.  Maybe she should've taken the bartering opportunity when she had the chance.  Maybe she could still strike a deal with that Girah guy when all was said and done.

And speaking of kidnapping/drugging/attempted murder - she glanced around her, making sure Mako and the others were on their way back as well.  Good.  They needed to be checked over.  Also, she was so not going to be the only person getting put on bed rest, thanks. 

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC: Where was everyone going?

There must have been some Ideatalk order that had been sent out, because it looked like the entirety of the party was leaving this lilypad and headed for the same place.

Couldn't it have been given verbally, for the benefit of those of us around who weren't savvy with the mental plane? I mean, it wasn't exactly clandestine that everyone was headed off and they were all going to one specific location, so why...

This wasn't everyone, I realized in the lightbulb moment of the hour. It was a lot of them, but not everyone that came out of the sub. That makes much more sense.

Sheesh, I must've really been slipping. And here I'd prided myself for always having a good head on my shoulders...

"Gotta run, huh?" I asked Sinshi and Datke, who had remained so far.

helo frens

IC (Leah):

Leah answered Lady Hanako's bow with a nod of her head. She wasn't used to such formal gestures, but her mask told her the Dasaka was being honest. 

"There is nothing to apologize for." she finally said. "You come from a different culture and as much as it pains me to admit it, the commodore's suggestion makes sense...from a cold, calculating and purely strategic standpoint. And that is something we simply can not afford to have on this island."

"But I know there was no ill will. I look forward to speaking with you again."

Then Hanako left and Leah decided to catch up on what had happened in the meantime. She followed the directions one of the villagers promoted and soon enough found the demolished hut of Labelle and the marines outside still keeping an eye on the location. They quickly gave her a summary of what had happened, how Labelle had fused with a Parakuka and had secretly kept more hidden away and how the Dasaka has retreated back towards their ship. 

The Toa Maru looked over to where the crystalline raised tower of the Dasaka vessel rose slightly above the village's roofs and quietly wondered how much more trouble their arrival would cause, intentionally or not.

OOC: Leah Maru open for interaction.

IC (Ayiwah):

The setting sun sent rays of light falling through the crystalline viewport of Ayiwah's cabin aboard the Ryuu. Her adorned coat hung over the back of her chair, the light reflecting off of the golden ornaments and rank insignia. One such reflection happened to hit Ayiwah right in the eyes and she squinted in mild annoyance, before shifting her position to get the light out of her face. The Commodore was, atypically for her, not sitting on the aforementioned chair, but on her bunk. Without the weight of her belt or coat she had her legs pulled up close, using her knees as a makeshift surface to steady her journal in which she recorded the day's events.

Her personal evaluation of them was less than favourable. Perhaps even making a public entrance with the ship had been a bad idea in hindsight. They had intended to put their best foot forward, show the natives that they were not a threat and not here as invaders, just explorers (excluding the Piraka-hunting assignment of the mission). They had accepted the hospitality and freely shared information about themselves and in return had had two attempts made on their lives, one of which almost succeeded and left several of the crew injured.

Of course none of that changed their mission here or her general opinion of Mata-Nui at large. People like the Akiri and Toa Tarkus more than proved that the majority of the natives were generally friendly. The points she had made in her initial speech still stood and she would stand by them - but some things needed to change. 

The Menti closed her journal and stood up, placing the book back in the drawer of her desk, which she locked. Then she pulled the coat from the chair and slid back into it, properly fastened the buttons and stood up straight. 

:All hands, your attention please.: she began. 

:I know today did not according to what we had planned. We were not careful enough in our handling of the situation and as a result, some of us were put in harm's way. Now, the well-being of this ship and all aboard it are my responsibility and it is my duty to make sure something like this does not happen again. Therefor I am implementing new standing orders, effective immediately:

- No member of this crew may leave this ship and explore the island alone. It does not matter if it is only for an hour or even just five minutes. We have to watch out for each other while ashore and each and everyone shares in this.

- Do not accept random acts of charity and hospitality, especially not for food and drink. We still have enough of both store aboard for the time being, so while we are in Ga-Koro, use those stores or find a reputable native trader or inn. Once we move beyond its borders we will start to collect our own resources where possible.

- Be careful with the information you disclose to the natives. Their powers are strange and as we saw today, oftentimes beyond the elemental control we could observe. Our disciplines are our best protection against these strange abilities so do not let them become common knowledge. Limit displaying your own disciplines so that when you really need them - and you will at some point - they won't see them coming. In addition, we must keep a low profile as to not let word of our arrival spread to the other areas of the island too fast. We saw how many unfriendly ears can be hiding just in plain sight, disguised by kindness and hospitality. If the chaotic six are as entrenched as we were told then they will hear about us sooner or later. We must avoid that until it is too late for them.

That is all for now. Carry on.:

OOC: Ayiwah open for interaction for expedition members.

• Upvote 1

IC: Asa

.:Commodore, I have a proposition: in order to minimize the attention drawn to us, it may be wise to adopt a manner of dress similar to the inhabitants of this island when we appear in public; this would include stowing any crystal armor and armaments, using padded linen and wood in their place for the time being. I believe taking thse measures may be better than simply walking through the town in full regalia, wordlessly announcing our presence. Though they may not appreciate the deception... As well, I am not sure if we have the materials necessary to pull off such a task for all of our crew...:.

Asa was currently attempting to create a convincing disguise from the limited resources that were available on the Ryuu.

In her efforts to achieve this goal, Asa had discarded her outer garb and any crystal adornments, leaving only the yellow bodysuit she wore as emergency clothing remaining. She was currently searching for a linen arming doublet, in case protection was needed; those didn't seem to be too uncommon, given what she had seen of the locals. As for the pants, she had brought a hakama that she sometimes wore but would those be too conspicuous?

... If worse came to worse, she could just go out in the bodysuit.

IC (Ayiwah):

:Perhaps it would be best to defer to a clothing expert on this matter.: the Commodore commented, her thoughts hinting at slight amusement. 

:Soraya, we are in need of your expertise. Asa's request seems quite reasonable to me, but you know your way around textiles. Your thoughts?:

IC: Soraya [The Chisai Ryuu]

In her bunk, Soraya winced at the sudden blast of Ideatalk and pulled her pillow over her head.  .:You know, Commodore, mandatory bed rest is a lot harder when people butt into your mind in the middle of it.:.

.:Anyway, no, we haven't got nearly enough cloth on this boat to pull off our own little masquerade.  I could put something together for a few people if you don't mind tearing up what fabric we do have, but anything on a larger scale is pretty much pointless in my eyes.  Also, if anyone touches my jacket, they're going overboard.:.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

OOC: Septima and Natharius from Ta-Wahi.

IC: Natharius - Ga-Wahi Beach. 

"This is actually where I arrived on the island," he said conversationally, as he kicked at a shell embedded in the sand, "somewhere along one of these beaches. Dumped here with almost no memory of who I was or how I'd wound up here." 

He sighed, looking out across the open water. His real home was out there somewhere, lost to him amongst the rolling blue waves of the vast ocean. Perhaps lost forever. "And it was all downhill from there...."

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Septima - Beach

Septima gently placed her hand on Natharius' shoulder.

"Cheer up," she said, smiling. "You've got company during your travels now. At the very least, I can help you shoulder the burden, and who knows? Perhaps things will be different here."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

"I suppose that means we're going to the Koro, then?" he grumbled, "I better not get arrested this time...." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"You worry too much," the Fe-Toa said as she removed her hand, "What could possibly go wrong?"

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

"As I learned in Ta-Koro...." he sighed, kicking a small crab out of his way, "....a lot." 

"I'm sure that if we watch each other's backs and keep ourselves out of trouble, we'll be fine," Septima reassured him. "If no one catches us doing anything illegal, then they have no reason to arrest us, right?"

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"You're being unusually optimistic," he noted, "any particular reason why?" 

"Must be the weather," she replied.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Natharius.

He softened a little. "I told you the beaches were great here."