BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Instead of letting his shoulders droop, Casanuva stood taller. "Actually, I don't think I'll have the time when you are done. The Kalta are leaving to Ko-Koro soon. We've been to every other Koro on the island, with no sign of our last two members, so they are probably there. And last we heard, it was under heavy attack by Makuta followers and not doing so well..."

Casanuva sighed, and crossed his arms in front of him. "By the time we get there, it's either going to be a wartorn ruin, or an active hostile fortress. It'll be the Kalta's first combat mission."

The words lingered in the air.

"So how long is your expedition going to be here?" Casanuva smiled again. "Might give me something to look forward to."

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Vilda Mako (Ga-Koro, Dasaka Envoy)

All right, let's be fair here. If I were in that kid's shoes, I'd do the same thing. I'd probably be a bit smarter about it (it's not like I had a choice, being a bodyguard who can also double as good company is pretty much mandatory), but I'd still do it.

I was standing a little further off, apparently busy tending to Kama who had now flown back to me, while through her eyes and my connection I was still keeping half an eye on the conversation, mostly however I was busy thinking over what I'd seen since I'd come here.

From what I'd seen, Mata Nui was nearly a perfect antithesis of what life on Kentoku was like, right down to the way the people looked and what they could do. Elemental powers, I swear, if I didn't get myself killed trying to spar one of 'em, some freak accident would probably happen instead.

While at first I was looking forward to seeing what a place that didn't live under the empire's heel would be like, this was a bit too much of a good thing. As long as the guardsmen did their job things seemed to go fine, but what about the times when they didn't? At least twice now I had felt the need to prepare myself to act upon a dangerous situation, even with other, probably more capable Menti guards at the ready.

Mata Nui felt... unsafe, there wasn't any other word for it. Something about all the weapons and the natives' talk of hostile wildlife and some evil entity called "Makuta" (Zataka?) painted the picture clearly, and it wasn't a pretty picture. For someone like me, a bodyguard, trained to put my life on the line for others, this was a disaster waiting to happen.

Which was probably why I'd been hassling Soraph so much, didn't want to take any unnecessary risks around here.

:What do you think, Kama?: I pondered, the bird cocked her head in an apparently thoughtful way, chirping curiously.

:Guess not everyone can have it their way like the nobles back home do:

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Kirgan

(Ga-Koro):

With Vesun joining the Toa Kalta, Kirgan found himself wondering about his own path. He had met Vesun in Onu-Koro and had promised to help him out on his quest to regain his memories... and it seemed that quest had now come to an end. Although the Ba-Toa was still an amnesiac to an extent and didn't remember his original mission, he had found a new one, and a group to go with along with that.

Kirgan suddenly felt a gut of sadness in his heart as he realized he had his own duties to attend to. The paths of Kirgan and Vesun would have to diverge here... and it was uncertain whether they would cross again.

"Vesun... I'm happy you found the Toa Kalta", Kirgan said, holding back the sadness in his voice. "You came to this island as a stranger with no memories and your purpose forgotten... but through all we have gone through, you have found something to hold on to, and that is important. Helping the Toa Kalta will give you the boost you need to fulfill your own duty."

Kirgan paused and looked down, but eventually continued. "But... I have my own duties in Onu-Koro. I'm a miner, and I will have to return to work. Travelling with you... well... it's been an honour to get to know you and travel with you. I hope our paths will sometimes meet again."

Kirgan waited for a response. He hated goodbyes like this, especially since he had grown close with Vesun and considered him a close friend.

IC:

"I wish I could tell you, but I don't know and honestly, it isn't up to me. Hanako Herupa is in charge here, we'll leave when she says we will. And we'll stay as long as we need too."

Soraph examined Casanuva again, looking him up and down. She still couldn't shake the feeling that she'd seen him before, which she knew very well was impossible. Soraph was determined to figure out why, but it seemed time and fate had another idea.

"These Makuta followers, they also control the elements?"

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Casanuva nodded. "A great many of them can, I'd guess. As far as I know, most of them are Toa, though there are others: Lesterin don't have powers but are still dangerous, Skakdi have to use their powers in conjunction with another skakdi, and there are always matoran. But I've heard they have other powers, too. Strange powers, rare masks, and zombies. More scary than Tryna-made zombies, I've encountered those, they aren't that bad. Their leader, Echelon, is supposedly the greatest master of Magnetism in existence."

Casanuva looked in the distance, to Mount Ihu. "Kind of hoping I don't have to prove that the rumor is clearly wrong."

Kalyss started walking into the street, and was joined by Vakua. She watched Kirgan's goodbye in silence. She knew it was always possible it was the last.

IC:

Without any other purpose, Sinshi had returned to readiness. The Menti stood all but at attention, her hands clasped behind her back and her feet planted together to provide a basis for her tall, unbearably straight posture. It wasn't something she thought about; it was merely what she unconsciously gravitated towards, here in the eye of the world. It was a lesson learned early. If your posture was perfect and your mouth was kept shut, nobles were unlikely to take exception to your presence. On the Kentoku Archipelago, she could afford to give no reason, not the slightest one, for those of a higher standing to conduct against her.

Not if she wanted to succeed. If she wished to restore her family's reputation she could afford no mistakes, no missteps. The slightest error could destroy her hardest work. Her opinions, when in public at least, needed to be bitten back. 

Mata Nui was a world apart. It was chaotic everywhere the Empire was ordered, lawless where the Empire demanded rigidity. The land was beautiful, from what she had seen, and she yearned to explore it. To see what it had to offer, not for the Empire but for her own curiosity. That desire was suppressed. No matter the terrain, her duty was as the Lady Hanako's guard. To fail in it would be both dishonor and tragedy.

Nevertheless, she observed Soraph's interaction closely. She saw the look Casanuva gave the bird when Soraph wasn't looking, and she noted the look on Mako's face. After a moment's thought, she decided to speak.

.:That one's 'brother' indicated it would be best to avoid him.:.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Lesterin, Skakdi? Strange powers, zombies? Mata-Nui was getting more dangerous by the minute, which only made Soraph even more excited to be here. Oh, she would have to be careful, all the Daska would, but there was so much to see and experience here! She couldn't wait for the politics to be dealt with so that they could go and explore this island. 

"Mata-Nui sounds like a... fun place. Any other dangers lurking around we should be watching out for? And if Ko-Koro is so treacherous right now, are you sure you and your team will be able to handle it? Even if you are such an incredible fighter."

:Did he say why?:

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Vesun

"I may? Thank you." He was going to say something more, but Kirgan spoke first. Vesun turned to face him, kneeling down to the Matoran's level. Once Kirgan had finished, the Toa responded.

"Kirgan. I understand you have your own duty, and even though I might wish it, I cannot ask you to come further. I am surprised you followed me as far as you did. When I next pass Onu-Koro I promise to come by." Vesun paused, clearly moved by the parting as well. "Kirgan, you were the first being I met on this island. Throughout our adventures, you have shown nothing but kindness, bravery, and a strong sense of justice." Vesun held up his fist, bumping it against Kirgan's. "You would make a great Toa... brother."

BZPRPG Profile: Vesun.

Subtlety is more powerful than strength.

IC: "Oh, if Ko-Koro fell, our mission will be purely infiltration and reconnaissance. Get intel on the city to help out any efforts made to retake it. Hopefully, the last two members of the team are doing the same, or are still there if nobody else is."

Casanuva scratched his chin. He felt like he was being watched. "As for other dangers this fair island has, it can be dangerous traveling between the Koros. Feral rahi are quite a problem, not to mention any... malevolent travelers. I wouldn't worry too much about bandits and the like, though. Most of the scum appears to have gone to Ko-Koro, and your expedition looks well enough guarded."

IC:

"Foreigners eh? Doesn't sound too interesting to me.

So, what are you two doing?"

IC: Wisp & Mirra.

"We're waiting for some friends, then we're going to leave the village," Mirra explained. "Where were we going next?" she asked Wisp.

"Ah... I think the plan was to reach Ko-Koro, but we might wind up going through a couple of other villages along the way." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

"I'll keep those things in mind and pass on the advice to Hanako, should the occasion arrive. The best of luck to you and your team - if this legion of Makuta followers are as bad as you make them sound, you'll need all the help you can get to return, your skills besides. And I'm sure you'll have motivation to return, Toa Casanuva"  Soraph said, winking.

"When do you have to leave?"

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Razsk

Razsk looked back at at the mountains they had just left, glad to finally be free of their chill.  "Not sure where it is exactly, but I'm pretty sure we crossed over the border into Ga-Wahi, or we're about to.  Aurorin, you travel a lot, do you know?"

Edited by Vestak

IC: Kalyss was getting impatient. It had been her intention to leave the day before, when Casanuva had started acting impetulant, Skorm's attack, and Eleen's investigation, and the arrival of the Dasaka. All well and good, but these were hours they couldn't afford to waste.

"Vesun, we're going to get ready to go. Say your goodbyes, get any equipment you might have, and meet us at the gates in an hour. Vakua, same thing. Scrape together what money you can, we might need it. Put in a note at the Takea that we left, in case one of Casanuva's friends isn't leaving with us. I'm going to go find our brother."

She activated her Kakama, and sped away. Not at full speed, but faster than she would be just running. Vakua sighed; one of the few sounds he could vocalize. Always in a hurry... but she does have a point. Much time has passed, and we should get going. I will meet you at the gate. Nodding a goodbye to Kirgan, the De-Toa walked in the direction of the Great Takea.

It of course didn't take Kalyss long to zip around the Koro to find Casanuva; surprisingly, he was around some of the more important-looking ones, talking to a skinny-looking Menti. That one she had spoken to earlier, Sinshi, was there as well. Frowning slightly, she power-walked towards the group.

Casanuva feigned surprise. "You have found me out! I travel the world, breaking hearts. Oh, what shall I do now?"

IC:

"Why, you must begin making amends of course! It's only the responsible thing to do. You can start by compensating myself for the anguish you've caused me, Casanuva. I demand it."

Another Toa had appeared. From the way she walking, Soraph had a feeling she knew Casanuva - maybe she was part of his fighting unit he'd been talking about. Or, Soraph mused comically, another one of the hearts he'd broken in the past.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Vesun

Vesun bowed his head to Kirgan. "Goodbye, then, friend. Give my regards to Khervos and Tuli and the others." He walked off. Having only arrived two days ago, Vesun had little to his name: only his halberd and the armor on his back. He walked to the gate and sat, waiting and thinking on the memories he'd uncovered.

BZPRPG Profile: Vesun.

Subtlety is more powerful than strength.

IC-Aurorin

Despite Razsk's question, Aurorin was too busy looking around at the luscious scenery of Ga-Wahi. He had lived in Ko-Wahi his whole life, and this warm change of climate was much nicer than the biting winds of the mountains. "Ahh... It's like being curled up in front of a fireplace, but outside!" At least someone was enjoying the journey.

OOC

(Insert "In summer" From Frozen here)

Edited by Daronus

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC: 88

88 tapped on the shoulder of one of the Dasaka and addressed the group.

"Excuse me, I'm sorry if I've seemed a bit... excited today, I'm not too proficient in social situations. What I wanted to ask about is this: I run a printing shop over in another village, known as Po-Koro. I was wondering if you would let me write an article on you all and your homeland. Also... I couldn't help overhear your conversation about which village to visit, and I thought Po-Koro would be a good place. It's out in the desert, and kinda rough, but its got a huge bazaar that's one of the largest trading centers on the island. If you don't want to go, that's fine. I'll be going on my way back."

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

OOC

Oh, Right, forgot. Might as well change that...

IC-Aurorin

Aurorin turned to Razsk. "Now that's some dedication. You've got to be either really determined or mad to build something in a place like that."

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC: Wisp and Mirra.

"You've just arrived in this city and you want to leave with a pair of absolute strangers?" Mirra asked warily, reaching instinctively for her sword. She wasn't too trusting of Vortixx at the best of times, and that was before her own sister had hired one to kill her. 

"Yeah, I'm not sure if that's going to work out," Wisp moved to Mirra's side, grasping her hand in a reassuring grip. "This is kind of a Toa quest we've got going here. We're helping some friends of ours find the missing half of their team in a village that's apparently a warzone right now. Not something you'd probably want to get caught up in..." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Girah

He chuckled at the sarcasm, but this was far from his first cynical rodeo. "Well, my alternative is to have Budge absent. I might do some pretty crazy things if that were the case. Like jumping off buildings or boarding exotic vessels without permission or almost ruining the entire economy of a newly-discovered culture."

IC: Soraya [Ga-Koro]

"So what I'm hearing is, here on Mata Nui our best bet is to parlay with the pet Rahi?"

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Ic:

"Oh? Really? Is that how it is? Well then, you'll be pleased to hear I'm the best swordsman for miles around!"

I un-sheath my sword and swing it around a bit as an example.

"Go on, try to hold it." I say, placing my sword out in front of me, hilt facing towards the "toa". Obviously they can't hold it because it's very heavy.