BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Mirra and Wisp

Mirra heard Vakua's mental voice, somehow sensing the urgency in it. "Take care of yourselves," she told Aine and Shu. "I'm afraid we really have to go now. I'm sorry we can't stick around."

"Like we said before, look us up in Ta-Koro if you want to find us," Wisp said, "assuming we survive the next part of our trip, that is..." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Shu nodded as they sat down on a bench just inside the doorway.

"Thanks again," Aine said, smiling as they waited for a doctor. "You take care of yourselves, now."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Wisp and Mirra.

"Will do," Wisp said, "I could say the same to you," he added wryly.

Mirra held open the door for him, and together the two Toa made their way back towards the city gates. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Nekka

"Ah... yes, I'm not like the other Skakdi at all.  Well, not anymore at least."

Nekka sighed to herself; her smile was slowly fading as her eyes welled up with tears.  Bad memories were getting to her.  She was never the most murderous Skakdi there was, but to say she hadn't done her part was inaccurate.

"I've done things I'm not proud of.  In fact, I often cry about what I've done."

She then stop walking.  Then she broke down in tears as she fell on the ground.  Her hands covered her face.  The face of a Skakdi.  The face of a race she detested with all her heart.

"I hate who I am!"  She screamed as she got up and used her laser vision at the water, which subsequently splashed violently in response.

She fell back down to the ground, sobbing quietly.

OOC: Clarifying my stance on interaction.  I'm quite open for it, especially for this violent (and emotional) scene.

Edited by Moku

BZPRPG Profiles

Nekka  Banar  Moku  Savok

IC: Mirra and Wisp - Ga-Koro City Gates

"Princess?" Mirra scoffed, "are these Dasaka pretentious or what?" 

"What Mirra means to say," Wisp cut in, "Is she literally a princess, or does she just call herself one?" 

IC:

"Umbraline Sinshi." The Menti answered, bowing at the waist while keeping her arm level for Kama. It was only when she straightened that she noticed the hand extended towards her, a gesture that, while not unknown in her homeland was... Less common. When among nobles only a bow would do, and the same could be said for all interactions between castes. Nevertheless she was familiar with it, and shook the Toa's hand with her right.

"Pleasure to meet you, Toa Tarkus."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: A full bow at the waist? What exactly do you take me for, ma'am?

Please, there's no need for that. I'm just a normal guy, a common plebeian flea, pond scum compared to people who deserve that. People starting to bow to me just feels... weird. Especially someone from a formal-looking delegation like you. A nice, firm handshake like this is what I know. I thanked her for indulging me.

"So, may I what has you and everyone else coming out, touring, and talking to the masses like this, Miss Sinshi?"

I figured using her last name and Miss would be the most appropriate and formal way to address her. I'll be honest, I was actually surprised that came out as smooth as it did, considering the circumstances. I hoped it would stick.

"After all, wouldn't it be difficult to keep track of everyone?"

That was an honest question. I would have thought it smart to at least make a little more headway in talks before letting everyone roam free. Whatever reason she gives, I hope it's a good one.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

OOC: Mobile, no color.

IC:

"We're keeping in touch." She explained, running a finger down Kama's back gently. "The Commodore and Lady Hanako stayed behind to talk with your Akiri and Toa Leah. We have been given permission to explore the village, as long as we check in every few minutes."

"Well," She inclined her head at Mako. "And as long as we travel in pairs."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"Ideatalk." Sinshi tapped her temple. "I could contact any of them. At home the distance would have been an issue, but here it's so quiet I think it would work for quite a ways."

"None of you seem able to receive it."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Ideatalk? What could...

"Oh... You're psychic?"

The tap to the head gave it away. Son of a-- that guy was right! Was I seriously talking to Espers right now? What next, were they gonna be from a distant alien planet from the future? These things shouldn't exist. The only people that can speak with their minds until now are Suletu users, and that's definitely not what she was wearing. Was it? No, there was no mask so widespread that they could all be doing that, and it especially wasn't that one. That just wasn't statistically possible. That was the only way I could see, unless they were carrying a radio on them. 

Had radios even gotten that small? I had my doubts about that.

"Yeah, there aren't many people like that here. Just normal people like me, for the most part. Makes sense that you wouldn't encounter much traffic."

It was a weak offer, but it was all I had. I wasn't about to call myself the resident communications expert here, especially since she's the diplomat.

I had to wonder though, if only a little, why she couldn't probe my head. With no way to defend myself, wouldn't it be easier?

helo frens

IC: Vilda Mako (Ga-Koro)

I shook Tarkus' hand after Sinshi, nodding at her explanation of our ideatalk and the lot.

"Little traffic? Oh yeah, on the mental plane, I guess since none of you can use ideatalk you can't hear it either. Takes two to tango an' all that?"

"Anyway, I'm wanting to ask you something, Toa Tarkus. I've seen you Toa throw around fireballs, water and metal like it was the most natural thing in the world. What power do you control?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Nekka

"Ah... yes, I'm not like the other Skakdi at all. Well, not anymore at least."

Nekka sighed to herself; her smile was slowly fading as her eyes welled up with tears. Bad memories were getting to her. She was never the most murderous Skakdi there was, but to say she hadn't done her part was inaccurate.

"I've done things I'm not proud of. In fact, I often cry about what I've done."

She then stop walking. Then she broke down in tears as she fell on the ground. Her hands covered her face. The face of a Skakdi. The face of a race she detested with all her heart.

"I hate who I am!" She screamed as she got up and used her laser vision at the water, which subsequently splashed violently in response.

OOC: Clarifying my stance on interaction. I'm quite open for it, especially for this violent (and emotional) scene.

IC: Ashala

Ashala was surprised by the outburst and then Nekka's break down. She handnt been excepting it. She bent down and pulled Nekka into a hug.

"Shh." She said soothingly. "Don't hate what you are, hate what you used to be. It's not your race that defines you but your actions. You need to let it go, we do things we detest, we all make mistakes but you can't confine to torture yourself inside for what you did before." Ashala said.

IC: Onuzek

OOC: he's back

And open for interaction

IC:

Waking up in the morning, Tyrus hadn't expected to do a lot of things that day. He hadn't expected to discover three new arrivals to the island, he certainly hadn't expected to end up fighting one (though he had enjoyed it), and he definitely hadn't expected for envoys from a far-off island to arrive in Ga-Koro's port.

He also hadn't expected to see a Toa being used as a jungle-gym for a bunch of children.

That was a new one, for sure.

"You're very large," the Lesterin finally said.

IC: Treize

"That is pretty strange," she agreed.

IC:

"Stranger than fiction, y'know?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

Well, that made sense, I suppose. So it's different from a Suletu. That might be good to know. As for my element, well.

"Mine's a bit different from those."

How should I demonstrate it? Anything overly flashy might have startled them, but they still needed to get a clear picture of what it means. I didn't think I wanted to use anything beyond myself as a demonstration, either. Maybe I could have asked Sinshi to be my lab rat, but that would have just been in poor taste. So instead, I settled on lowering my own personal attraction to the surface of the world by a factor, I dunno, ten, fifteen, or so. Then I rose from the bench, asked them to step back a bit, and lightly sprung off my feet into the air with what normally would have constituted as a small hop. Instead, I nearly leapt above head height, before gently floating down, far slower than anything should have been falling. This is what I do.

"My power's over Gravity."

Cool, huh? Even us normal guys could do neat things every once in a while.

helo frens

IC:

Sinshi worked very, very hard to maintain a stoic (though polite) disposition. 

She had witnessed control over fire, over water, and heard of control over others. All of these were impressive, even awe-inspiring. But to witness control over gravity itself was another thing entirely. Gravity was an all-encompassing force, something that could not be tamed or controlled. One could, over time, change the flow of a river. One could harness fire. That these Toa could do so at a whim was awe-inspiring, but it was not inconceivable.

To control gravity?

"... Impressive." The Menti managed, trying to disguise the awe.

fK5oqYf.jpg

My own reaction to Tarkus's power display could basically be summed up through Kama's.

The bird took off from Sinshi's arm and landed on my head, where she generally felt safer, cawing a little aggressively at the Toa. She didn't like the idea of someone having the power to mess with her flight so directly.

"Impressive is the word" I said.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: My mask flashed for a moment, as I looked directly into the bird's eyes.

"Calm down, I'm gonna do anything".

That was my Rau at work. Translation was a nifty tool to have at times like then, especially when you had a bird yelling at you. That would get annoying fast, because believe me, I knew. As I returned to the ground and heard the praise of the two, I found my cheeks getting a little warm in embarrassment, but I don't think it showed. From the sounds of it, they didn't have a plethora of elements like we did here only... espers like them, I suppose.

"Not really... What about you guys? Like... Miss Sinshi, is Ideatalk the limitations of your powers, or can you do more?"

There. The ball was in their court now.

helo frens

IC: Onuzek

"Um... yes, Onuzek agrees," said massive toa of Gravity rumbled in agreement, gently setting on of the small-blue-matoran down as he turned away from the sparking-people nearby. Onuzek frowned after a moment, and with a second of careful deliberation asked, "Or are you small?"

IC:

"I'm perfectly well-proportioned, thank you very much...," the Marine replied genially, "... Mr. Onuzek, I presume?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Solvi

Ga-Koro brought back memories

Solvi's parents had moved to the port town when she was young, Po-Koro had been harsh and dangerous in the past. Lawless scum, rahkshi, wild rahi and cultists all lurking in the desert region. Innumerable canyons, caves and mountains producing the dark crevices filth like that enjoyed. Unbeknowst to her mother and father, their hard years in Po-Wahi had given their quiet daughter a steely resolve and a strong conflicting urges to both protect those in need and ridicule those that couldn't protect themselves. Some could tell the ridicule was meant to strengthen others, she hoped to bring out the steel from their body and the fire in their blood by putting them through the same hardships she had endured. Of course, she would never admit this wish out loud

She had left it later on, finding her way to Ta-Koro. Becoming a guardswoman and eventually being promoted to Warrant Officer fairly quickly

Another memory came to mind, the young Ta-Toa she had met once before. She had seen her in some of Ga-Koro's seedier fight clubs. They never spoke and as far as she could tell, she did not recognize her

That was several years ago, at present she was returning to Ta-Koro. The smuggler she tracked to Ga-Koro had been caught and left in the Marine's custody, the city was busy. An alien submarine having docked several hours ago, the passengers all dressed in exotic crystal armor

She would learn what she could of them before returning to Ta-Koro, information was as valuable as gold

...but close to it

OOC: Mobile no formatting.

IC:

"Our abilities are divided into disciplines." Sinshi explained, still a little unsettled by what she'd seen. Clasping her hands behind her back, in borderline military posture, out of reflex she continued speaking.

"Four, to be precise. Willhammers are closer to what could be called psychic, and theirs is the province of the mind. Entry, reading, subjugation, those are the tools of a Willhammer." Her hands returned to her front, counting off on her fingers. "Mindarms are telekinetics. Sighteyes are illusionists, capable of altering all five senses. And our Soulswords are capable of making psychic energy physically manifest in the form of their chosen weapon."

fK5oqYf.jpg

Nekka sighed to herself; her smile was slowly fading as her eyes welled up with tears. Bad memories were getting to her. She was never the most murderous Skakdi there was, but to say she hadn't done her part was inaccurate.

She then stop walking. Then she broke down in tears as she fell on the ground. Her hands covered her face. The face of a Skakdi. The face of a race she detested with all her heart.

"I hate who I am!" She screamed as she got up and used her laser vision at the water, which subsequently splashed violently in response.

OOC: Clarifying my stance on interaction. I'm quite open for it, especially for this violent (and emotional) scene.

Ashala was surprised by the outburst and then Nekka's break down. She handnt been excepting it. She bent down and pulled Nekka into a hug.

"Shh." She said soothingly. "Don't hate what you are, hate what you used to be. It's not your race that defines you but your actions. You need to let it go, we do things we detest, we all make mistakes but you can't confine to torture yourself inside for what you did before." Ashala said.

Nekka slowly got up as Ashala comforted her.  "I'm sorry about that outburst." Nekka said calmly.  "I really am; that was a bit uncalled for."

I can't believe I did that, especially in front of someone.  Nekka thought to herself.

"I've not been having a great time recently.  I've become self-conscious about myself, and as unfortunate as that sounds, it's true.  I really hope to turn a new leaf and make something out of myself."  Nekka said as her smile was slowly coming back.  "You're right, it's not my race, it's my actions that define me, and I hope I can make myself known in a more positive light."

Nekka's smile had slowly returned as she got up and started following Ashala.  "Now, where were we?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Woah! What was with that stance change just now? She was just speaking to me, not to a superior officer or anything. Was it just a coincidental reflex? Everything she did was just weird. She must have been a very militaristic woman in that case, because I almost felt like I was getting an order to learn rather than an explanation. Just my luck, wasn't? But nonetheless, I had to press on.

"So which Discipline do you adhere to, then? I'm guessing it isn't Willhammer?"

I was just going off of a guess there. She did say they were closer to psychics, so I figured those would be the ones that could barge right into my brain and fiddle around with it. The other two sound like rare Kanohi, but Soulsword... that, I'd have to see. Mental energy creating physical weapons? I wasn't sure I could see that happening.

Then again, it would be a bit similar to Toa of Iron or Stone, I guess...

helo frens

IC: They kept their powers even as Turaga? I see, that's a little weird. Well, if I wanted a demonstration of these powers, there was no better time than the present to ask.

"So wait, does that mean our minds are still off-limits, even to Willhammers?"

I could only infer that from the fact that he either couldn't, or chose not to smash through my cerebrum and chat me up anyway. I guess being resilient to direct mental attack is kind of cool, if that's true. I never figured my inherent non-esper existence would end up being its own superpower, in a way.

Although apparently Komaus and Suletus would still work. So I guess it isn't really that all-encompassing.

helo frens

IC:

"Your minds can still be directly contacted. You're only unable to send or receive messages through the mental plane." The Menti seemed to avoid addressing the issue of her own abilities.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Nekka slowly got up as Ashala comforted her. "I'm sorry about that outburst." Nekka said calmly. "I really am; that was a bit uncalled for."

I can't believe I did that, especially in front of someone. Nekka thought to herself.

"I've not been having a great time recently. I've become self-conscious about myself, and as unfortunate as that sounds, it's true. I really hope to turn a new leaf and make something out of myself." Nekka said as her smile was slowly coming back. "You're right, it's not my race, it's my actions that define me, and I hope I can make myself known in a more positive light."

Nekka's smile had slowly returned as she got up and started following Ashala. "Now, where were we?"

Ashala got up and then skipped backwards through the sand, "Well maybe I can help with that," the healer said playfully. "Get you having some fun, get your mind off your thoughts and find a way to prove to yourself you're worth something."

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

IC:

Oh.

Never mind, then. I get it, Mata Nui; playing on normal mode doesn't garner any bonuses. I'll be sure to stop using my element and switch to hard mode now. Maybe I'll shoot an eye out too? That should put me at Dante Must Die, right?

"Okay, that's what I originally thought. So to put it into imagery, Ideatalk is like going to a friend's house and knocking on the door, while Willhammer is just smashing straight through the closest wall? Sounds kind of worrying."

I can see why she's so rigid a little more, now. One false move back at her home, and you could be destroying the sanctity of someone's mind. And if I were willing to bet, Ideatalk could probably do something similar, if you just didn't care. Instead of the wall, you'd just be kicking the door down, instead.

I favored the Esper Toa with a respectful look.

"If you don't mind my asking, could you show me what the Soulsword power entails?"

• Upvote 1

helo frens

Nekka slowly got up as Ashala comforted her. "I'm sorry about that outburst." Nekka said calmly. "I really am; that was a bit uncalled for."

I can't believe I did that, especially in front of someone. Nekka thought to herself.

"I've not been having a great time recently. I've become self-conscious about myself, and as unfortunate as that sounds, it's true. I really hope to turn a new leaf and make something out of myself." Nekka said as her smile was slowly coming back. "You're right, it's not my race, it's my actions that define me, and I hope I can make myself known in a more positive light."

Nekka's smile had slowly returned as she got up and started following Ashala. "Now, where were we?"

Ashala got up and then skipped backwards through the sand, "Well maybe I can help with that," the healer said playfully. "Get you having some fun, get your mind off your thoughts and find a way to prove to yourself you're worth something."

IC: Nekka

"That'd be great!  I've been thinking about myself too much, I suppose it's time to just let it all go and have some fun!"  Nekka said in agreement to Ashala's suggestion.  Nekka's smile grew a bit more.  "So, what can we do?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

There was a long pause, as Sinshi considered the request.

Her knee-jerk reaction was to decline. She had safeguarded her abilities for so long, taking such pains to ensure that she would not be observed. Training early in the morning before anyone arrived, or late at night when everyone had gone home. She eventually internalized that; by seeking to keep it hidden to avoid judgement or mockery before she succeeded, she grew to fear using it in the presence of anyone. Her abilities became something to be used only when needed.

In this land, however... What was the harm? 

She unclasped her hands once more, extending her right just in front of her. Breathing measured and easy she reached for the power she possessed, focusing her will. Willing her soul, the very substance of her being, to manifest itself in her hand. And without hesitation it did. The energy that constituted her Soulsword seemed almost fluid, a dripping, glowing substance of blue-green energy. Power radiated off of it in waves, almost like heat. It came in the form of a tiger hook sword, one held loosely in her hand.

"This is my power."

fK5oqYf.jpg

I hung back and watched as Sinshi showed off her soulsword for Tarkus. She really had talent, that gal, I'd already been impressed earlier, but it didn't hurt to get a clear reminder.

Kama, in the meantime, upon realizing that the Toa was wearing a Rau, had responded in kind: you're off the hook... for now.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Okay. You'll have to excuse me for this one, because I just needed to get this out of my system. In fact, I ended up ignoring the bird entirely because of it

Woah. That was awesome.

I couldn't see my own expression, but it certainly felt as surprised as the rest of me. There it was. Pure energy, practically radiating power. And somehow, at least for the wielder, safe to touch, too.

"Amazing..."

I was pretty dumbstruck by that, so it took a while for me to manage anything else. I didn't want to bombard her with rapid-fire questions either, despite that if the Turaga looked into my mind that was entirely what he'd hear, clear as day.

"...Is that the only one you can make?"

helo frens

IC:

Sinshi steeled her will, bringing her left hand around to her front as well, open palm facing the sky. Once more, she reached deep down within her for the power to bring her will into existence. A second blade, identical to the first, appeared in her left hand. Her fingers wrapped around it easily, guided by instinct, and brought the weapon to bear in front of her alongside the first. This was the height of her ability. A dual manifestation, something rarely accomplished among her people. To do so was as difficult as learning a second discipline, but it consumed so much more power. Keeping two Soulswords in the world ate up energy much faster than a single manifestation.

The result, however, was undeniably beautiful. The two weapons were perfect mirrors of each other, down to the finest detail. She held them without harm, but the heat seeping off of them discouraged anyone from attempting the same.

"Soulswords only learn one shape. It is theoretically possible to learn others, but no individuals capable of such currently exist, to my knowledge. Most practitioners can only manage one manifestation, as well. The effort required to keep a manifestation on the physical plane is significant, and most stop at one manifestation, as well as one discipline. I am capable of two."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: "So you're not someone to mess with, then."

It was a poor attempt at being funny, I'll admit it. But that was all my mind could come up with at the time, and frankly, that was better than standing there slackjawed and unresponsive. That was about the only other thing I could think of. I mean, here she was, holding what was essentially two laser swords! I didn't think even Toa of Fire could pull that off without hurting themselves with their own element, this was really something. Forget me being a floaty gravity guy, you're the one with the crazier power here.

"What could those cut? Would I even stand a chance against that with these?"

I pointed to Hrunting and Naegling at my hip. They were good steel, but for a fair price, too, so they probably weren't the best. Additionally, I wasn't sure what that heat would do to them. It'd really suck if I got an arm lopped off, cauterized, and a sword or dirk broken in one fight.

Not that I had any intentions of getting into one with her. She could almost definitely hand me my rear on a silver platter and ask if I'd like a drink to go with it.

No thanks.

helo frens