BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"Well, how can I say 'no' to a review like that?" I said, smiling jovially at my fellow patron; I turned towards the kitchen, filled with, as it seemed to me, nothing but Skakdi. Not the first time, I thanked my lucky stars that I'd bothered to sit down and learn the language back in Xa. "Excuse me! I'll have the seafood dish, if you'd please!"

I quickly returned my attention to the Lesterin, half-scared that he'd try something if I turned my back to him. "So, um. Nice weather we're having?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: (Tuarn, Endless Ocean, The Inika)

The old Toa of Plantlife quickly finished the rest of the crack,

"I think I need a bit of a rest. I'm not as strong as I used to be, and all these repairs are taxing me. I'll be in my cabin if I'm needed." Tuarn then strode belowdecks and retired to his chambers, reminiscing about the past.

Tuarn sat on the edge of his bed, pondering,

"How many places have I been? How many things have I seen?" He asked, out loud, "Too many." He said firmly, answering his own question.

IC: (Orderin, Ga-Koro)

Orderin sat in the rundown Ga-Koro bar, quietly eating at a corner table, his back to the wall. Sheathed at his side was his recently reforged sword, his spear was propped against the wall. Finishing up his drink,he picked up his spear and left a tip on the table for the waitress. He then walked quietly out the the door and into the streets of Ga-Koro.

After parting ways with Tivanu, Orderin had been at a crossroads in his life. For now at least, he had settled down, but it wouldn't last long. Orderin could feel the road calling to him; he had to keep wandering, it was all he had ever known.

Edited by Falcon Lord

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

IC: [ Rhea ] - Ga-Wahi / Naho Bay

"You did well, Mar, but this spiny fork-tongued serpent owes me-- owes us-- yet a sum indeed. Where is he?"

IC: Mar (Naho Bay)

"He skipped town" I said, leaving my general unwillingness to care all that much about Tivanu unsaid.

"But finding him shouldn't be hard" I said with a telling gaze towards Karv

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"He skipped town. Naturally. He would do that."

The statement was flat, toneless. With an almost visible effort, Rhea's clenched fist relaxed on the blade's hilt and it dropped back, noiselessly, snugly into its scabbard and rested there once more.

She took a breath, hesitated, then shook her head slightly as if to clear it.

"We will not follow him. Not now. There will come a time, yes... but he is not worth so much that I will allow him to disrupt my immediate aims. It is the vessel, the warship, that concerns me now... based on rumors I picked up along the trail, I would guess it is to Po-Wahi we must go to collect?"

OOC:

Also, for the sake of convenience, let's say that, yes, the launchers were installed before the Akiri left. BZPRPG time, y'know. :P

IC: Mar (Naho Bay)

"Yes, the Akiru were attending something called a 'Technology Expo' in Po-Koro, so they wanted the ship nearby until it was over"

I gestured in the general direction of the Po-Koronan Port settlement of Forsi.

"I've been there, it's not far, two day's travel tops"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

The Su-Toa nodded thoughtfully, her mind already skipping ahead, plotting, scheduling, confirming. She, too, had once been to Forsi. Though only briefly, and not via the route they would take from Ga-Koro. Mar's knowledge of the way would be useful... although of course, there was always Nero.

Yes. Nero. He, too, would know the way.

"Very good. We'll spend the night here, gather gear and restock supplies, then leave early tomorrow."

OOC:

Also we'll pick up Just Norik's character, as per previously-arranged plans. :)

Edited by Shadowhawk

IC:

"Doubtful. I've seen his type. Utilitarian armor, rather distinct muscle structure. Probably has a career involving the threat of combat." The Vo-Toa interjected, eyes glancing ever-so-briefly at the newest Onu-Lesterin, before glancing back to the previous one, and then ignoring both as she took a sip from her drink and continued. "Says he doesn't like the rain, which does indeed indicate the not uncommon tendency of those of your element to dislike water. Unlikely he'd settle in Ga-Koro."

Another swallow, and she leaned against the counter, surveying both with the faintest of smirks. "I rather suspect you're not from around here either."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Never would've guessed," I replied. Quickly, my tone became inquisitive. "You from around here, or are you just passing through?"

-Void

IC: Wilmor (The Great Takea)

"Technically I'm just passing through, but I know this burg pretty well anyway. It's my preferred hangout, if you will"

I turned to face the other Lesterin fully, furrowing my forehead.

"Something you need?

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"I hardly think that it's good manners to presume one's habitation based on one's element," I replied, grinning, drumming the fingers of one hand on the counter, "given, despite the fact that you're presumably a Vo-Toa based on the sparks flying out of that finger of yours, that you're a sailor of some type, if your weather-resistant clothing and choice of sword are anything to go by; rapiers are particularly known to prevalent on the high seas."

I cocked my head to one side, playfully. "In answer to your question, miss, I'm really not from around here. In answer to your question, sir, I am looking for something: employment. And if either of you are capable of supplying that I would be most grateful, let me assure you."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

Giving one last smile to the duo, which could either mean, "Sorry about this," (if you were the Vo-Toa) or, "I'm going to enjoy extracting the tongue responsible for leading me astray from your still-breathing body," (if you were ... someone else), I reached over and plucked the menu from the Skakdi's reach. Flipping it open, I perused its six laminated pages with the idle ease of a man not currently engaged in a conversation.

"I'll have the, um, the grilled teriyaki tuna, I believe," I said, handing the menu back over to the man. "With a glass of Bula as well, and, hmm, if possible, the replacement of the side of rice with an extra portion of salad? Vinaigrette on the side, of course; wonderful, thank you."

Without waiting for an answer, I turned back to my compatriots with a winning smirk. "Now, where were we?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC:

OOC:

Also we'll pick up Just Norik's character, as per previously-arranged plans. :)

Wheeeeee :)

IC: Kubrick

Kubrick looked up. It was getting dark. Perhaps a stay in one of the inns was called for.

The Toa of Iron entered the nearest one and ordered a mushy stew for his growling stomach. It was so thick his spoon was stuck in it.

What a great use of widgets.

Edited by Just Norik

IC: (J'Con)

"Not really. Many people underestimate the flight speed of an Iden-user. We can theoretically travel the entire island in minutes. I'll be back in no time, with all the information we need!" the Toa said joyfully, "this will solidify our places in Echelon's group."

Edited by Al the Chicken Man

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Viloz

With a nod, Viloz left with the Lesterin's order, gave it to the cook and eventually came back with everything the man ordered.

IC: Avier

"I've been living here for a while now, so yeah, I know the village well enough. Why? Do you need a guide?"

"Fair enough, though I hope you're not expecting to bunk at my place. Nothing personal but I don't really know you guys well enough and I'm not inclined to trust you right away after that little sonic pulse from earlier."

With that, Avier began leading them towards town. 

IC:

"That doesn't sound like a 'No, Hahli, I wasn't planning your assassination' to me," the Akiri noted with a rueful smile. "Just sounds like you gave yourself away too early to the wrong people. Maybe I know what that's like, too. Here's another question, and I want you to answer honestly: what would you do to me, if I were in your place and you were in mine?"

-Tyler

IC Surina

(Ga-Koro, Prison):

Surina never blinked when she replied: "Trading places with you was what I was attempting all along... if I was in your place, I would not let you live if you threatened my life."

IC: (J'Con)

"Not really. Many people underestimate the flight speed of an Iden-user. We can theoretically travel the entire island in minutes. I'll be back in no time, with all the information we need!" the Toa said joyfully, "this will solidify our places in Echelon's group."

IC: Syvra

That arrogant little piece of Ussal droppings! Who does he think he is? 

He thinks he is important because he wandered into the wrong place at the wrong time.

Then why don't we just kill the undeserving scat? I am sure no one would miss him.

No, despite his flaws he has his uses. We will just have to make sure he knows who is in charge here.

Despite the mental tantrum Venixa was throwing Syvra showed no sign of the distress, instead his eyes narrowed on J'con as he kept his finger on the map. 

"Yes, the iden is quite the useful little tool isn't it? Being able to leave one's body and travel the world."

His eyes look around the little dwelling as he asks

"And where will you put your body for the short time you will be travelling? I am sure you wouldn't just let it slump to the ground?"

His voice may have seemed sincere though if J'con could see into Syvra's mind he would see all the fates and tortures syvra was plotting and dismissing for the iden-wearing toa

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC:

The first body washed ashore in the late evening, the setting sun bathing its broken, glistening form in an orange glow as it sank into the violet hues of the horizon. It was that of a Ga-Matoran -- female and maskless. Further examination would reveal that she had been starved prior to her death, and that severe damage had been done to practically every bone in her body. The actual cause of her death was somewhat unclear, due to both the state of her body and the range of traumas to which she had been subjected. Her hands and her feet had been bound, and identical symbols had been carved into her upper arms with mathematical precision, taking the appearance of a strangely intricate hourglass.

The body was discovered three days later, by a Le-Matoran and a Po-Matoran who had been searching for solitude. The Le-Matoran noticed it first, and urged his companion investigate it with him -- by now, it was warped almost beyond recognition by feeding Rahi and natural decay, past even the damage that had already been done. As they approached it, they were hit by the smell; at that point, the Po-Matoran backed out. The Le-Matoran continued, driven on by his own morbid curiosity. The smell only grew stronger as he got closer, and he could feel his eyes tearing and his throat choking up, but something inside him continued to urge him on. When he finally reached it, he initially thought it was that of a Rahi -- animals had stripped down to the bone in most places, flesh and metal hanging on where the parasites had failed to reach. Maggots writhed inside the chest cavity, feasting on the scraps of rotten meat that were still clinging on. Slowly, the reality dawned on the Le-Matoran, but he still found himself transfixed, a dark fascination consuming him. He leaned down and picked up a stick from nearby, gently nudging the body with just enough force to make the head turn and face him, forever contorted into an expression of unadulterated terror, insects crawling forth from an empty eye socket and the jaw hanging slack, barely suspended by torn skin. The sight was enough to break him free of his trance, and two hours later he and the Po-Matoran had reported it to the Marines.

By the time they were on scene, identification had been made very difficult. It would be attempted regardless, and it would be met with nothing. According to all records, their victim did not exist.

The cause of death would be connected to the physical traumas she had experienced, likely as a result of some kind of fall; the presence of the ropes binding her wrists and ankles was enough to suggest that it was not accidental. The rope itself was not unique to any manufacturer, and would fail to turn up any leads in Ga-Koro. In fact, the only lead left in the end was the markings, somehow left untouched by the animals -- some research would show that over two hundred years prior, a body had been discovered near the same location with similar ones, and another just over two centuries before that. The investigation would treat it as a copycat. It was not.

The first body washed ashore in the late evening.

There were more to come.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC:

"Merci, Monsieur Viloz," I said, smiling graciously as I pulled my meal closer towards me and away from the hands of any interlopers no it's my food MINE--

"I'm afraid," I added, turning my attention back to my two companions as I began appraising the fish, "that I haven't been the best of conversation partners at the moment. My apologies for that; please do go on, the both of you."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"Fair enough, though I hope you're not expecting to bunk at my place. Nothing personal but I don't really know you guys well enough and I'm not inclined to trust you right away after that little sonic pulse from earlier."

With that, Avier began leading them towards town. 

IC: [ Rhea ] - Ga-Koro

"Reasonable suspicions." agreed the bounty hunter, hitching her white Rahi-hide knapsack into a more comfortable, balanced position on her shoulders and falling into step through the deepening twilight with Mar and Avier.

As they passed along the beach, through the gates, and into the floating Village of Water itself, she added in an undertone, "I'd prefer it if we weren't seen together, as an obvious group. Underworld tongues whisper too much as it is; no need to encourage them. Split up, but retain visual proximity."

OOC:

So of course, the inn/eating house we'll end up at is the same one Kubrick's in, and Rhea'll take it from there. Mar, Avier, can talk or fight or look for cute waitresses or whatever.