BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Zarok"And, after all, you did pay for most of it." Zarok added. He looked out to the open sea, excited for when they ship would finally set sail. They just had to wait for a few people, after all, and they would go.

Edited by The X

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC:

Kiron stood on the edge of the deck, burning through time literally as he played with small streams of fire dancing away on his fingertips. Staring out into the open sea, he did feel a sense of pride at what he was "about to do" - though like any person with even an ounce of common sense, there was also the lingering fear that all this will be for naught.

"Perhaps it would be a better question to ask when all of us are here...." the Toa of Fire said towards Jarkale, still staring downwards. Golden-white flickers on the sea was beautiful, just like the surrounding sands and forests, or the vast and spectacular sprawl of the floating village, Ga-Koro. The warmth that was radiated under this tropic sun was welcome on his skin - the heat seeped into his body like it was just at home. Still, thinking about all this flicked his thoughts elsewhere - to a Toa of Ice he knew.

Kiron's mind dwelled on Sulkua, and others he'd met on his journey as well. What were all of them doing now? Did they know Kiron was here, doing this now? And would they approve? Now that he was actually leaving this island that he'd known for so long, that he'd fought on, fought for for so long, all of these thoughts were welling up. People he'd spilt sweat and blood for - and, at some times, people he'd spilt sweat against and had his blood spilt by. Everything was coming back. And soon he'd be leaving everything, the only dry, solid, he could call his home, being something that would be swept around by nature.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: Tyrus grinned humourlessly as he turned to face "Captain" Mons Shajs, quietly noting that he had used the term Tarakava in reference to their location. Thus, he must have believed that they were on some sort of vessel, though evidently not one of Marine usage (for the Private had been working tirelessly to memorize the titles of the force's boats for quite some time now). "Our previous healer was taken ill," he said, a sardonic smile curving onto his features, "And I was forced to bring a substitute aboard as quickly as I could. Though, I doubt you should worry; our new doctor is more than capable of handling your injuries, sir." Tyrus turned his head, a ghost of a grin still on his lips, and nodded slightly to the Toa of Air leaning in the doorway. "Am I not mistaken, ma'am?"

~ ~ ~

IC: The only way that I can possibly describe the place I found myself in would be that it was a cathedral of nightmares. I had walked into another long tunnel, this one even more massive than before; its walls tapered at the ceiling, giving it an arched appearance, so much like a church -- or a spinal column. It stretched far into the distance and the darkness, farther than I could possibly imagine any tunnel capable of going. Stalactites reached down, vainly, as if they could touch the ground eventually. In my mind, they seemed like the jagged teeth of some unearthly maw. Which I had just stepped into. I didn't think that my blood could've run any colder, but today seemed like the day for proving my assumptions wrong. But no, the monstrous symbolism of the cavern wasn't the worst part; the worst part, were the things whose symbolism I didn't understand. There were the tapestries lining the long walls, segmented carvings depicting scenes of untold insanity and morbid mythology. A Matoran being run through by a strange reptile, a winged creature climbing out of some sort of grave, a titan and a spectral warrior being engulfed in an avalanche; I understood what each of them were, but hadn't the faintest inkling of what they meant. That's what scared me the most. I liked meaning. Meaning was good. Walking further into the tunnel, I found that I could only see a few of the carvings amidst the murk. A few torches managed to pierce the darkness, but they were like mere twinkling stars in an overwhelming night sky. They barely did anything to light up the tunnel. They did nothing to cut through the mist shrouding the floor. Did I not mention that? There was a thick fog covering the bottom of the tunnel, clinging to the stone and the wood and my feet like a plague. And it hadn't passed my attention that the stone and the wood were breaking apart. I didn't like to think about my feet in that context. It was one meaning that I didn't like. -Void

Edited by Emissary

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Xarya (Naho Bay)

The rythmic breathing that rose from between two palm trees was the only real indicator that the Toa who was lying in the hammock strung up between them was still alive. She was almost completely emotionless, aside from the miniscule expanding and shrinking of her chest in a constant, neverending rythm.

The sun had just begun to rise on Naho Bay, and Xarya; Toa of Lightning and soon-to-be full-fledged Paladin, was currently not giving much thought to that.

Beside her, a wooden staff stood leaned against one of the palm trees, and a deep blue robe with white accents was hung from a small branch. The armor pieces that could be removed within the borders of decency lay in a small pile by one of the tree's roots.

The bizarre truth of the matter was that Xarya was actually wide awake, the reason for her near limpless state was merely an exercise that Akira had taught her as part of her path to becoming the master elemental manipulator she would need to be to pass for a Sorcerer of the Paladins. It was called "meditation".

While it usually was done in a much different position, Xarya had discovered that the near-irreplacable calm of the sunrise over the still water washing across the shore lazily was pretty much just as effective. And so, Xarya continued snoring.

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Unknown to Xarya, there was a sinister plot to assassinate her peace in the works, as Her Trollness the Queen of Ashes silently crept towards the unsuspecting - or so Fiera thought - Vo-Toa. Slowly and with her breath held to the last second not to reveal herself, the crimson Hau appeared right next to Xarya's ear, spotting an ear-to-ear grin. "WAKE UP, sister! Today is our big day!" Fiera shouted from the top of her lungs.

It was yesterday that Akira has dropped the news on them like an anvil. The training was finally coming to a close. They have spent the past days in preparation for today, beating the life out of each other in Akira's combat exercises, straining their elemental powers until they passed out and studying the ways of the order from the Ga-Paladin's scribbles until, at least in her case, she fell asleep from boredom.

Fiera had to admit though that Akira's ruthless methods bore fruit. She broke quite a few bones in the trials, but with their teacher's healing skills, they were reduced to valuable, even if an unpleasant experience. She came to trust the Ga-Toa in other ways too. Early in the training, after she unlocked the power of her mask, Akira suggested she should abandon archery as her means of combat. She was still sad at the memory of trading her crossbow and shield, pretty ###### near tears the day after. But her new weapon - a crimson bladed two handed sword - has grown on her, and by now it was an extension of her body rather than a tool. And today she would prove it.

The training was not so merciful on Akira though. On one side, the Paladin was happy her students made such progress in such a short time. Of their eagerness there was no doubt. On the other hand, as they got better, Akira got worse. In every trial they got better and better, and it cost her more and more bruises. In the last few days she could only pin them against one another, as her mask wasn't capable of healing herself, but she would have needed that. Coaching them from the bench for the last few sessions, she deemed them ready.

She came to them yesterday about the Initiation. One final test, one like they didn't went through so far, to prove whether they were indeed prepared to take up the mantle of the order. She taught them what she could, but unlike before, the initiation would test not only their abilities, but also their unity, resourcefulness and character. And it would test her as well, as she would be the villain. It would take all of her skill too to provide acceptable challenge. Fortunately she'd have help.

Yawning as Fiera's shout torn her from her own meditation, the Ga-Toa got up and stretched her sore limbs. Inhaling the sea air, she looked in the direction of the racket to see what Fiera was up to this time.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Vorlik

The Paladin of Lightning swam back to shore after having swam in Naho Bay. He had taken up the hobby of swimming there in the morning as the other Paladins had been in Ga-Koro, which was quite some time. He could swim rather long distances when using his mask.

He got to shore, and grabbed his towel, drying himself off. He slung in over his shoulder, strapped his shield to his back, and picked up his trusty pike. He began to walk back to where the other Paladins were. As he walked, he got an idea, and threw his pike down.

He stepped back, and focused on the pike. He would lift it up gently with electromagnetism, and would then set it down. That wasn't too hard, wa-

Ow.

Vorlik stepped back, his head ringing in pain from where the pike had hit him. It had lifted it, and as he was making it float in midair, spun out and whacked him on the head. He had released control of his element, and picked the pike back up. He would need to work on that.

Edited by Canis Lycaon

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Theriss

The night had stretched on far longer for Theriss than she would have liked. After what had occurred, sleeping seemed one of the more distant things from her mind. It was her enemy that had clung onto her thoughts deep into the morning hours, and yet at the same time it was one of her friends. How could it be that Geklan could be such a heartless and terrible person, yet still be willing to take on the merchandise production of a plan that had seemed at the time to be almost certain to fail. What would drive a person to act generous at one moment, and as cruel as possible in another? Trying to understand the actions of Geklan was a somewhat unpleasant thought process. She had seen a little more of herself in him than she would have liked.

Could she ever seem to be the same as him to others? She offered loans, which likely seemed to be a great kindness at the time they were received. But when she came to make certain that she got her money, sometimes bringing threats with her, did she seem almost as terrible a person as Geklan had earlier in the night? The more she thought about it, the less she felt like sleeping. Did the other members of the Toa Sarsi see her in the same light as she saw Geklan? She had come offering them fame and fortune, but they had been living on what little money they could pull together and had barely become recognizable. No, the sales were going well, that meant money and fame, she had provided everything they needed, and had don nothing to make them resent it.

She was better than Geklan, she had to be. There was no way that she could ever act in such a horrible way. Those thoughts could barely hold against the sick feeling inside her that she was just as bad a Geklan, and merely made the night seem to spread out that much longer. When sleep finally spread over her, it was been line a blessing sent from Mata Nui himself, a peaceful respite from her thoughts, even if for a mere few hours.

As the morning had arrived, she had already been down by the time that Voulge, Vail, and Crasaro had departed. She hadn't stopped them, hadn't felt the need to really speak to them. This was Voulge's mission, and he had already made it quite clear to her that he didn't want her coming along with them. Sure, he had stated it in such a way that it sounded more like tactical thinking, but she had no doubt what he really meant. She had meant to bring along the whole team, but Voulge had turned it around into an excuse for why she should stay behind. Barthel, who was one of the best choices when it can to investigation, had also been rejected from the team. Did Voulge really want her along as little as Barthel?

It had left the same sickness inside her that sleep had taken away. Was she causing the team to resent her in the same way that Geklan so easily inspired inside her? No, it had to merely have been a misunderstanding on Voulge's part that had resulted in her being recommended to stay behind to lead the team that she planned on bringing with her. She wasn't Geklan, the two really weren't all that similar... why couldn't she make that sentence seem true?

It was in this corner table, drinking a cup of what appeared to be some sort of fruit coffee. It tasted terrible, but the warmness of it was quite welcome to the cold illness that permeated her body. Hopefully it would also help wake her after the miserable night had drained her energy. Taking a sip of the far-too-sweet drink, she closed her eyes and slumped back in her chair. These were questions that had never really bothered her before, but now that Geklan had brought them to the surface, they seemed determined not to leave her any peace.

She closed her eyes briefly, lost in thought over all that had so far occurred for her Toa Sarsi. They had already accomplished far more than she had expected in such a short period of time, but was that a good thing? It meant more pressure, and faster. As people learned who they were, their actions would be seen by larger numbers and reach farther. They were trying to place themselves on a pedestal of heroism, but could they ever hope to hold that charade for long before their own faults caught up with them? Could one really be a hero without any heroic motives? Could she keep the image of being a hero for long, or would she end up finding that even she could see a reflection of Geklan behind her eyes. She tried to repress those unpleasant thoughts as she waited for the rest of her team to arrive back in the restaurant after their slumber.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC:

LoJak awoke early in the morning, tired after a night filled with tossing and turning but little sleep. He had been replaying the events of the previous night over and over again, and still they made him feel uneasy. He didn't know quite how to describe it, but something wasn't right.

He walked into the restaurant, surprised and pleased to find Theriss already seated. Her hands were nestled around a steaming cup of coffee, her eyes closed as she breathed in the drink's invigorating aroma. When she finally opened her eyes she did a quick jump, as if surprised to see LoJak.

LoJak nodded to her.

"Good morning, Theriss" he said as he walked over to her table. LoJak sat down slowly in the seat across from her. "I was thinking we should have a talk."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

There was a slight jolt when LoJak had arrived. She hadn't heard him enter the building, and seeing him suddenly standing there had been a bit of a surprise. For a few moments she wondered if perhaps she had left her eyes closed for longer than she had realized, perhaps she needed another cup of the sickeningly sweet coffee that was clearly not strong enough to ward off her exhaustion. Taking another sip of the drink, she placed it down on the table before her. Judging by the look on LoJak's face, he too had suffered through a mostly sleepless night. He looked just as tired as she felt.

With a 'good morning', he walked over to the table and took a seat directly across from hers. The table was much smaller that the multitude stuck together from the previous night, and felt much emptier overall. There wasn't any of the clutter and food plates from the party, there was only her own cup to stand out against the serenity of the small table. The more she thought about it, the more it seemed like her own life. Before the team, it had been emptier and simpler, now it was like the table from the party, cluttered with surrounded by those expecting success.

"Good morning to you as well, LoJak. What did you want to speak to me about?"

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

Unlike Vorlik, Xarya's attempts were successful, and she quickly summoned her staff to hand in a kneejerk reaction upon being woken up so rudely. The problem arose when she sat up, which immediately threw the hammock off balance and dumped her in the sand.

Xarya muttered something incomprehensible before she got up, meeting Fiera's mischievous smile with a cheerful smirk of her own.

"Indeed it is" she responded as she got dressed, finishing up by putting on the robe, conforming to her figure as its wavy folds flapped in the light breeze.

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

LoJak spoke at a slow, steady pace, careful to choose his words carefully. All the while he kept a watchful eye on the leader of the Toa Sarsi.

"Last night I heard a small commotion outside, which ended almost immediately before you returned to the restaurant. You said it was just an old acquaintance, and that might have been enough of an explanation for the others that were drunk, but not for me. Back when I lived on the road as a mercenary I met all kinds of unsavoury individuals, and I wouldn't be alive today if I couldn't spot a good actor."

LoJak paused to breathe, placing his hands on the table flat down.

"And you are a very good actor" the Toa of Fire continued. "All I'm asking is that you tell me the truth, because a secret that harms one will eventually harm us all. More importantly, we're a team now and we must learn to share our burdens if we are to succeed."

"And I don't just mean in selling more 'action figures'" LoJak added with a grin. Truthfully, he would have liked to ask about the purpose of the figurines as well - the Toa Sarsi were the first Toa Team LoJak had ever encountered that was as interested in turning a profit as helping the citizens of Mata Nui - but he supposed that one question was enough for the day.

He raised his hand and looked at the waiter. "I'll have what she's having" he said as he waited patiently for an answer.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Helios (The Great Takea) "I get it" Helios said "you're the one who can be relied on to know things, and to see things others won't" They found a table situated close to one of the left windows, through which the sunlight had decided to peer through. "So, how do you spend your days? Eavesdropping on suspicious people?"

IC: [ Krios ] - Ga-Koro / "The Great Takea"Krios shrugged, grimacing slightly. "I don't exactly care for the term 'eavesdropping', but I suppose it's more accurate than some. Yes, I keep my eyes and ears open. I keep to the background as best I can; it's safer. No, I don't go about listening at windows, unless I have a definite reason."

He paused a moment, considering. "I guess you might say I spend my days doing odd jobs to pay the bills until the next person-in-need comes along. I'm a jack-of-all-trades; I can keep ends met."The waitress, a somber-faced Ga-Matoran with light blue armor and a Noble Kanohi Akaku, arrived a few seconds later. Krios greeted her politely, ordering a light salad and a glass of water.

Edited by Shadowhawk

IC: Helios (The Great Takea)

"I'll have a Ruki sandwich and a glass of water, too" Helios asked, the waitress nodded and left to place their orders. Helios turned to the Vortixx.

"It doesn't exactly sound like your run-of-the-mill lifestyle, but obviously you're making it work" Helios complimented.

"My own exploits are... ambitious, to say the least. I've decided to tour the island, and look for opportunities to lend a helping hand, as is expected of a Toa. I'm planning on visiting Akiri Hahli and see if she has anything I could do to help out. It worked in Ko-Koro, so why not here?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Heeeere's Rhowy!

IC:

The smell of freshly cut greens and different kinds of seafood hung in the air, combined with the flavor of the spices used in their preparation. It was a smell could make anybody's mouth water who stepped into the kitched of the Great Takea, though the cook working here had gotten so used to them by now, it didn't affect her. The door to the kitchen swung open and one of the Ga-Matoran working as waiters brought in a new order: A Ruki sandwich and a salad. While the Matoran left again to fetch the patrons their drinks, Rhow retrieved the fish from a freezer. The Ruki had been freshly caught that very morning. With more skill and finesse than her looks hinted at, the Skakdi of water filleted the fish and played them in a hot pan, before turning to prepare the salads.

About ten minutes later, she emerged from the kitchen with the two plates and brought them over to the table the Vortixx and Toa were sitting at. She thought she'd seen the latter somewhere around the village before, but the Toa was obviously a newcomer. "You gents need anything else, just say the word." she said in her naturally gruff voice, before making her way over to the bar. At the end, there was a door leading to the middle of the hut, which read staff only on a wooden sign hanging from it.

"Iraanus, you there?"

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

OOC:Thanks, Vezok's Friend. Local PC-run businesses FTW! :DAlso, I bring to your attention a very minor timeskip/splice kinda thingie. I know it took Rhow ten minutes to get the meals put together, but I'm going to go ahead and say that we're continuing the discussion right where we left off, whilst eating the aforesaid meals. Act as if nothing unusual happened. :PIC: [ Krios ] - Ga-Koro / "The Great Takea"Krios picked thoughtfully at his salad, cold blue eyes narrowing ever-so-slightly in his reptilian visage. "Ko-Koro, eh? Never been there myself."When he'd first set eyes on the Toa of Gravity, he'd been motivated to speak with him for no other reason than the challenge of robbing him. A combination of habit, boredom, and greed, so to speak.Now, though, he was genuinely interested in what Helios had to say. Krios was always on the prowl for news, and he knew little or nothing of recent happenings in the Village of Ice.Nimbly, his brain shifted gears from 'cheat-and-rob' into 'mine-for-data'. This was a golden opportunity to expand his wealth, wealth of the mind rather than the wallet. Either one, of course, equaled cold hard physical riches in the end."Tell me about it. I haven't heard a good tale of adventure in some time. This here is a rather sleepy little village, pleasant though it is."

As LoJak began speaking, she could tell right away that the question likely wouldn't be something she wanted to answer. The slow and deliberate way he was speaking left no doubt that he had a very serious matter in mind, and there hadn't been much recently that could inspire such a tone. That is, unless he wanted to speak of Voulge's mission, she would have no issues with conversing over something of that nature. But of course, it wouldn't be that easy, it was going to be about the night before. That night had left her with a lot of questions of her own, ones she would rather leave unanswered. Answering them for LoJak was something she had no intention of doing.

"It was nothing more than that. Outside of the building, I noticed an old acquaintance of mine that was a little behind on a loan payment. I have business to take care of beyond the Toa Sarsi at times, this was merely one of those that was important enough to halt the celebration for a few moments. It wasn't the longest of conversations, but I do believe that I managed to convince her that not paying me was a bad idea. That was when I returned into the building to you and the others all staring up at me as though something terrible had happened... except Crasaro, who I don't believe could have lifted his head from that sandwich even if he had tried."

She took another sip from her drink before she continued, still remaining as calm as she could manage. "I really don't know what commotion you're speaking of. I was a short distance away from the restaurant at the time, and I didn't notice anything occurring that was outside of the normal. Actually, I have still not been informed as to what it was that had caused everyone to show some form of pity towards me. Was it Geklan's leaving perhaps? I can tell you with utmost certainty that I did not mind having Geklan away from the restaurant in the slightest."

Theriss took another drink from the cup, her rate of consumption of the fruit coffee was steadily increasing as LoJak's questions came towards her. Despite this, her face showed very little reaction. "Spotting a good actor? That would be a very useful skill, but I'm afraid that it isn't quite as good as you think. I'm not much of an actor, I have trouble keeping the truth from escaping to my face." While not necessarily false, she was certainly not going to mention that the expressions that sometimes broke through were only anger and sadness. There was no need for LoJak to have unnecessary and possibly incriminating evidence against her.

"Yes, we are a team now. And the fact that you feel the need to question me over such certainly goes a long way to showing how much you trust me. I have explained what happened that night, and I really don't feel the need to keep speaking over it when you so greatly seem to think that something else occurred. Sharing our burdens is useful, no doubt. Strangely enough, outside of being a mercenary, I don't recall you ever speaking much about your own past, which appears to have had quite the impact on you. Why is it that I must speak of this, and yet you are free to remain silent. I've seen your face during a fight, I know that something haunts you. Perhaps you're trying to find the same in me, as an outlet for your own troubles?"

She looked right into Lojak's face with a cool calmness that seemed to permeate her entire body, except for her hands.They were carefully moving the cup around on the table, as though uncertain if they should bring the cup up for another drink. "I'm fine, LoJak. I thank you for your concern, but it is unwarranted."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

"Well. I went to the sanctum and asked for Matoro. He wasn't available, but one of his secretaries, Jaa I think was his name, offered me an opportunity to help Ko-Koro by venturing into one of the adjacent glaciers in order to map out the tunnels below. They were thinking of starting mining operations there, and needed the second half of the area charted properly. The only really exciting thing that happened was that I was ambushed by a Kuma-Nui."

Helios paused a second for dramatic effect

"I managed to beat it by shooting its mask off, before using my powers to throw it down the tunnel"

"And after that, I got a simple thanks from Akiri Matoro, and I went on my way here, to see if Akiri Hahli had anything she needed done. And if not her, then maybe somebody else"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Akira didn't make it far prior to Noira re-appearing next to her. While the others had trained to enhance their fighting skills, the Le-Toa had taken another path. Akira had been training her in the art of stealth.

While it was the others were capable of fighting against their adversaries, Noira was now proficient enough in her art to be invisible to those who didn't bother to inspect their surroundings. And then of course, occasionally those who were paying attention.

Like Akira.

IC: [ Krios ] - Ga-Koro / "The Great Takea" The Vortixx raised an eyebrow in surprise, fork poised mid-way to his mouth with a chunk of salted tomato. "Mining operations, you say? Interesting." He thought a moment, then added, "It's none of my business, but do you happen to recall what it is they were after? Ore? Jewels? I wonder if Onu-Koro is involved somehow..."

"Actually, I don't know" Helios excused "they didn't exactly shower me with information, need-to-know basis and all that. But I'm personally just glad I was able to help out"

The young Ba-Toa then turned his attention to the Ruki sandwich, taking a large bit out of it. Helios could safely say it was very high quality food, it made his mouth water just thinking about the next bite.

"You enjoying yours too?" he asked nonchalantly.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Thannks for taking care of Kiron, JL. That was a great post.IC: KironThe Toa of Fire stared down onto the village and watched as the citizens of Ga-Koro strolled about, doing their day-to-day business. Not aware that a group of adventurers would soon sail into the unknown.The unknown. The endless ocean. Where could it lead to? Could it be to one of the places where non-ntaive Matoran or Toa or Vortixx or Skakdi came from? Or to nowhere? Did they really want to open Makuta's vault?Kiron pushed aside his worries. They had to concentrate now."Inika? Sounds good," Kiron said.

IC:

"You've trained them well," Mila said, standing on the other side of Akira from Noira. He had his usual quarterstaff in his hands, the other two - made of the same metal as their larger brother - hanging at his waist, as he looked in the same direction as Akira had. He was smiling - he often found himself smiling, these days, watching all those younger Toa run about and train. He patted the other weapon sheathed at his waist, a Katana in its saya, and frowned.

He'd been meaning to give that to somebody else, not keep it.

He grabbed the weapon, untying its sageo and pulling it off of his waist, before stepping in front of Akira and Noira, the weapon in his hands. He slowly unsheathed it - still without speaking - showing the weapon, with its bronzen spine and seemingly golden edge, and the wavy hamon between each, presenting it to the pair.

"Now, I'm sure you both remember my having worked on this weapon a while ago - I did, after all, make sure you knew I was doing it. And now I feel it's time that I hand it off to somebody, as I had not meant to keep it. Noira, I know you're training in stealth - not much of a fighter - but if you're willing, I'd love to give this to you and then Akira or I could teach you how to use it, if you'd like. The edge is rena ore - not quite as elementally resistant as protosteel, but it's still stronger in terms of hardness and edge-retention than protosteel is; and, of course, the spine is protosteel." He smiled.

"A good weapon, if I may say so myself, but I like to say that about all of my weapons - and definitely a good tool for defence."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:

LoJak cocked and eyebrow. "I've already told you and the others all about my story, don't you remember?" he asked. "After being a mercenary I joined a Toa team only to watch them all slaughtered by Makuta's forces. I went through a...dark time, and eventually I joined another team. Most of my teammates were killed in the assault on the Koros, and those of that lived drifted apart until I was the last one left. And then I joined the Sarsi."

Just then the waiter came by and placed LoJak's coffee on the table. The Toa of Fire thanked him and lifted the cup to his mouth, breathing in the nutty aroma. Then he took a deep gulp, delighted as the smooth drink run down his throat.

Finally, he spoke again. "But, I suppose things were a little hectic at the time. You can't be expected to remember everything perfectly. Still, I'd like you to know that I have nothing to hide about myself. In fact, I am glad to tell others what has happened to me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be right back."

LoJak got up and headed toward the washroom. He considered everything Theriss had told him.

Despite Theriss' thorough explanation, LoJak still felt as though the female Toa Sarsi was hiding something. He didn't know what it was, but it was clear that Theriss wasn't going to tell him the complete truth, at least not yet. And even more troublingly, Theriss had only raised more questions by speaking. What had she meant when she'd said that not paying her would be a "bad idea?" And why had Theriss brought up Geklan? The merchant hadn't crossed LoJak's mind since he'd left the restaurant last night.

Questions that LoJak would not have answered for a long time, if ever.

He sighed.

Was that Theriss' flaw?Was she incapable of sharing? LoJak had begun to realize that all the Sari had a fault, albeit some more obvious than others. Faults like drunkeness, fear of women and haughtiness. He had thought that perhaps Theriss didn't have one; now, two months after first meeting the woman, he was beginning to reconsider that position. Strangely, he only half-hoped he was wrong. To be 'broken' was a terrible thing, but on the other hand, it united the Sarsi and brought them closer together.

Their flaws made them a team.

An idea came to him.

LoJak returned to the table. Theriss was still sitting there, rolling her cup in her hands. LoJak too his seat and finished his coffee.

"Just one more question" he said, eyes staring straight at Theriss. "Do you have any plans for dinner?"

Edited by Toa Fanixe

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

When LoJak returned, she had already thought up her responses to his explanations. He had taken her question quite differently than she had intended him to, she already knew the story he had just restated. Saying it again appeared to be his own form of avoidance, much like her own creation of a meeting with an imaginary client. But she wasn't going to let up on it so easily, there was something she wanted to know. He could act as though his past was nothing, but it had clearly had a heavy impact on him. Not only that, but he was honest about it except for one small section.

Glancing back at LoJak and matching his gaze with her own calm, she spoke. "Before I answer your question, I have one more of my own. When I asked about your own troubles, I was speaking about that period of time that you only speak of as being 'dark'. You speak of the deaths of your fellow Toa on past teams quite easily, but that time frame you don't seem all that willing to bring up. That is what I was speaking of, this 'dark time' that is terrible enough that among deaths, it is the point that is hidden."

She paused for a moment, to let her line of thought sink in before she asked the question itself. This question was asked in as calm a voice as Theriss could manage, it held no spite within it though curiosity was slightly apparent. "What is it that would cause you such pain that you would only call it a 'dark time'? If you wish the team to share their burdens, perhaps it should begin with your own."

"And as for my dinner plans, at the current moment I have none."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC:

LoJak's jaw hung open in incredulity, Theriss' question catching him completely off guard. People never asked him about that dark period in his life; they were usually much more interested in the death of LoJak's former teammates, or LoJak's new outlook on life. Thuriss was the first to address him so directly about an aspect of his life that was deeply personal.

A few seconds later he came to his senses and closed his mouth.

He nodded gently, eyes darting back and forth as he considered what he would say.

"That's... a fair question" LoJak began slowly, looking down at the table. "And you're completely right - I can't ask people to share their troubles without first sharing mine. To do otherwise would be hypocritical.

He looked back up at Theriss.

"I would be more than happy to tell you all about that dark time in my life. At eight o'clock, over a well cooked steak?" LoJak asked.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Barthel Deliresi

I awoke in the morning, the last bit of the night a little blurry. I rubbed my eyes and clutched my head. "Mhek... Hangovers... The scourge of all life..." I slowly rose from my bed and made my way over to a chair which I had laid my overcoat on.

I searched the pockets with one hand and clutched my head with the other. It felt as if my head was going to burst. Finding what I had been searching for, I pulled it out of one of the leftmost pockets. I stuffed the herb into my mouth and began chewing on it. "Let's hope it does as that Turaga said it would." I hadn't really believed it would get rid of my hangover, but I was willing to give it a shot.

Slipping on my overcoat, I walked out of the room, still clutching my head. I walked outside of the inn, and promptly located the nearest lily pad edge to discard what was left of the herb in my mouth. Next time I saw the Turaga who sold me those herbs, I was going to have a few words with him.

I proceeded to make my way to the restaurant from last night, remembering something about going there again the next day. I entered to see LoJak speaking to Theriss, and hearing him asking her to diner. I sat at a small table next to theirs, before giving some commentary.

"Trying to get a date with the Boss Lady, eh? Don't worry, I'll be sure to get you a nice tombstone." I chuckled, still clutching my head and now, from the herb, feeling sick to my stomach.

sml_gallery_51411_140_31138.png

Judging by his expression just after her question, it had not been something that he had expected. Maybe that was a sign that it was something far beyond mere suffering and misery, something that was far better off left unsaid. Everyone had a few events in their lives that were like that, that should never be again brought to the surface. She had a few of those moments herself, all from back in her days before starting her loaning business. Those where times that she would never wish to speak of, or even think of again for as long as she may live.

But, he answered with a surprising honestly, though after a moments thought it seemed to fit him quite well. Asking others about their issues while suffering your own was comparable to asking why someone would wear differently colored armor, when you yourself wore something far different from your elemental norm. But despite his honestly, the look he gave to the table hinted that it was something that pained him greatly within that 'dark time'. Perhaps it was better left alone.

His last question came as a bit of a shock, even though she had expected it from his prior question. As she was about to give her answer, Barthel took a seat at the table. She hadn't even noticed him walk in, much like LoJak had done before him. But that wasn't what had caught her attention. No, it was his commentary that had gained her interest.

He had called her 'Boss Lady'? Sure she was the leader of the team, but she hadn't really seen herself so much as a boss as she did a part of the team, not truly over it. But that comment about the tombstone was completely unnecessary... or was it? She wasn't that bad was she? She figured that he was joking, but the fact remained that it brought back up questions left behind by Geklan's departure. Was she really scary enough that a joke about her killing LoJak would work? She didn't like her own answer.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: Okay. I've finally decided to go in to the RPG again with you guys (Red Star Voyagers) because I don't know about anyone else who was with me in the RPG.

IC: Potas

Potas stood like a statue in the sun. He'd traveled with the Red Star group for a while now, but he wanted to set sail and see the blue ocean. He then looked at his comrades and said, "Inika seems a bit...I don't know, short. Maybe if we add something to it in the beginning or the the end of it, then it could sound reasonable."

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC:

Fiera chuckled as Xarya fell on the ground, her little ploy working exactly as she hoped. Waiting for her to finish armoring up, the Ta-Toa had to admire the robe. She always liked to distinguish herself from others and was quite fond of her cape, but it paled in comparison. Fiera also couldn't afford something so restricting. Unlike her lightning teammates, she chose the path of the knight. Despite having fun using her elemental power, she was more comfortable with it in a supporting role than as her weapon of choice.

Looking over to their little camp, she saw others were on their feet, and Akira among them. "What do you think she came up with this time?" Fiera whispered towards Xarya. In the past Akira had at times came up with the most extraordinary ways to train something, and she felt in her gut the final trial would not break that rule.

Akira inhaled sharply, startled by Noira's sudden appearance. Looking at the Le-toa, she put up a mocked frown. "I trained you a little too well didn't I?" Akira remarked, her face turning to a knowing smile. She made up her mind to include Noira in the Initiation to see if she would have to go through with her earlier words. She hoped not to, and she had high hopes for the toa of air.

When Mila approached, she waved him a silent hello. "That remains to be seen." Akira replied, her eyes narrowing into slits as one by one her judging gaze went across all of her charges. They all did well so far, but now they will have a chance to show if they can put that training to use. Then the Toa of Iron directed her attention to the weapon he's been making. she often wondered what that was about, and what he said took her aback. It was a nice gesture, even if she had some doubts about the tool matching the user.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

"I have my fears. The only thing I can say for certain is that it isn't going to pleasant, or easy" Xarya mused as she picked up her staff.

"Then again" she said as she twirled the staff once "who's to say I ever expected being a Paladin to be easy?"

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: The room was small and sparsely furnished. At its center was a dark wooden table, the make of which was characteristic of the Horde's taste: sturdy, utilitarian, unadorned. The chairs around it were mismatched, an array of various sizes, colors, and styles. To a visitor the room may have seemed uninviting, but to the Skakdi – and, to a slightly lesser extent, their Ga-Koronan staff – its familiarity and simplicity were comfortable.

Iraanus was, indeed, there, though he didn't immediately respond to Rhow's greeting. He was hunched forward at the table, back to the door, clearly deep in thought. It was several moments before he looked up. A copy of the Mata Nui Daily lay on the table in front of him – the Onu-Koro section. The paper's other sections were sprawled across the table, likely left there by the Takea's employees after their breaks.

"Yeah, I'm here," said Iraanus. He stood, turning to face Rhow. "What's up?"

Edited by Baltarc

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: Helios (The Great Takea) The young Ba-Toa then turned his attention to the Ruki sandwich, taking a large bit out of it. Helios could safely say it was very high quality food, it made his mouth water just thinking about the next bite. "You enjoying yours too?" he asked nonchalantly.

IC: [ Krios ] - Ga-Koro / "The Great Takea"Now, Krios wasn't eating salad because he liked it. But the last thing his brain needed at the moment was nice warm sleep-inducing comfort food; hence, he was going with something light, chewy, and vaguely repulsive. It kept him awake, kept him alert.He didn't tell Helios that, of course. Instead, he shrugged and forked another mouthful between his sharp white teeth, chewing carefully. "Not bad. I can't say I exactly enjoy raw greens like this, but... I try to be careful about what and when I eat. Rich, heavy meals in the middle of the day just don't get on well with my digestive system."It was a smooth, greasy lie, slick as oil with just enough truth in it to be palatable. The overly-trusting Toa of Gravity wouldn't suspect a thing."But there I go again, talking about myself. And Mata Nui knows, there's nothing interesting about me! Going back to the subject of Akiri Hahli, did you know she supports the death penalty?"

Helios stopped halfway through chewing the second bite of the Ruki sanwich, skipping straight to swallowing it in a kneejerk reaction.

"You... what... huh?" he mumbled clumsily as his eyes watered a little, a side-effect of swallowing all the food at once. Helios swallowed a second time, before absent-mindedly putting the sandwich back on the plate.

"Well... that's not exactly what I'd expected, but I suppose she had her reasons"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: [ Krios ] - Ga-Koro / "The Great Takea"Krios chuckled grimly. "She had reasons, yes. Whether or not they were enough to support her actions, I can't say. Be that as it may, however, I just want you to know, before you go and speak with her, that there's more depth and shadow to Hahli than meets the eye. She's brave, adventurous, a little on the quiet side. She's got brains, and the nerve to go with them. She's unquestionably pure of heart and motive... or so they say."He hesitated, staring gloomily at the tabletop as if suddenly struck by feelings of depression. "There's rumors... nothing can be proven, but some say she consorts with known assassins, and I have one or two anonymous sources who practically swear she's out to get rid of the other Akiri. Mysterious 'accidents', y'know? They say she's trying to get rid of the competition, and if it's true, she's got a clear playing field to get it done on. Who would ever suspect her? She's smart enough to wait, smart enough to put up a solid cover story, but like I said, there's rumors..."His voice trailed darkly off into silence.

OOC: I have journeyed long and hard across school assignments and chores.

I have braved the dragon of procrastination and the demon of no free time.

I HAVE RETURNED with a short post. :P

IC: "Akira enjoys torturing us, I'm fairly certain." Erif shrugged as he walked up to the others, looking like he'd been up for hours. He was a Knight like Fiera, but the loose grip on his bow and relatively cool manner didn't conjure up the mental image of a knight.

Or a Ta-Toa either, for that matter.

OOC: Marianka soonish.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Liano

Why do girls adore me? Serious question here; I haven’t the slightest idea what they could possibly see in me. For instance, I’m boring, in case you haven’t already figured that out. Whenever people try to chat it up with me, they come to learn that I have the social competence of a brick wall yet here I am, waking up to the smell of bacon in a stranger’s home. No smooth moves, no flamboyant story, not even a cheesy pick up line like...well, I got nothing. That's how bad I am. Apparently all it takes is one pathetic attempt at a smile and then bam, it’ll take you a long way. Who knew.

Regardless, I’m not complaining. My stomach is, however. Lazily, I slip out of bed and I follow the scent of breakfast all the way to the kitchen. I’m met with food on the table and the pretty waitress from the night before. For a while, we talk over our meal, meaning several failed attempts at starting a conversation. Just when I think the barrage of questions is finally over, she renews the assault, persistent as ever and I wish silence could reign for the remainder of my time here. I decide it’d be a good idea to leave, sooner than later, so I do. Politely, of course. She’ll get over it. Maybe. She looked pretty scary when I walked out.

When I exit, light stabs at my eyes, the sun’s intense glare serving no other purpose than to irritate me. Heat coats my skin like a blanket, weighing me down and I can feel beads of sweat form on my forehead. It’s a hot day and I don’t like it. I make haste to get out of the sun and once into the restaurant, I casually make my way towards a couple of small tables where some of the Toa Sarsi sit. There’s a vacant spot beside Barthel so I take it before saying something to the group.

“Let’s not come back here. Please.”

Edited by TX Wade

After the thoughts inspired by Barthel's comment were forced back into the dark parts of her mind, she found herself searching for the answer she had been about to give. Being called 'Boss Lady' was just Barthel's way of referring to her, as a joke. He didn't mean anything by it at all, he just thought it would be funny. Yes, that was it, that had to be it. Anything else was more unpleasant than she wanted to think about. She was nothing like Geklan, she didn't torment people just because she could. She was better than that.

As calm as ever, she turned to answer LoJak's question, only for her to once again be interrupted. This time it was Liano, looking to be suffering heavily from the night before. She didn't understand why it was that so many of her Toa Sarsi would be so willing to drink themselves into a miserable following day. Barthel, Liano, Crasaro, and more than likely Voulge. There was no reason to intake that much alcohol unless you wanted to completely forget taking in that much alcohol and wake up feeling like you were dying.

Whatever his reason for not wanting to stay, he might very well find himself greatly disappointed. She could guess his reasoning, but there was no real certainty. She had been the last to leave the restaurant the night before, so she had some idea... "Hello Liano, I assume that you won't be wanting to be at this location for the next late day shift, correct? I'm afraid that we may be here for an indeterminate amount of time. So please, take this time to find yourself a good hiding place."

Then she once again directed her attention towards LoJak. "I believe that I shall accept your offer of dinner."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC:"Anything's possible with enough caffeine." Liara replied, taking another sip. With a single, easy movement, she turned and pushed the door open, taking a few steps towards the interior. "Take the cap'n on in, and don't go anywhere. I might need the extra set of hands if he gets unruly.""What do you know of his medical history, his current symptoms, and, for book keeping purposes, his name?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG