BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

The Wahi:
Po-Wahi is the Stone region on Mata Nui, located in a large desert with many canyons. The desert is a large, rocky expanse, located near the north of Mata Nui. It consists mainly of the Motara Desert, canyons, plateaus, and rocks. The area has a coastline as well, where Leva Bay is situated. Paths leading to Onu-Wahi, Po-Koro, and the Quarry could also be found here. Local landmarks include:

-Motara Desert: A desert covering the vast eastern portion of Po-Wahi.
-Tiro Canyon: A large canyon in Po-Wahi.
-Leva Bay: A bay located off the northern coast of Po-Wahi. The coastal settlement of Ostia is located here.
-The Po-Wahi Quarry: A large, canyon-enclosed area of Po-Wahi, it is here that the Po-Matoran mine stone for their famous carvings. In it can be found six large statues of the First Toa’s Kanohi, and these statues serve as doorways to the various sections of the quarry, unlocked by means of small keys emblazoned with the symbols of the Elements.
-The Path of Prophecies: A road flanked by carvings, leading to the village of Po-Koro, created by the Po-Matoran Carver Hafu soon after the Matoran established the village of Po-Koro. At the road's end is the entrance to Po-Koro, which is carved into the mouth of a large Matoran head.
-Forsi: A Sentinel-run port settlement on the Po-Wahi coast, this is also the outlet of the “Iron Mahi” locomotive’s track and a radio station.
-Ostia: A walled port settlement on Leva Bay. Caravans travel frequently between Po-Koro and Ostia, and travelers can usually join a caravan of merchants for relatively safe passage.
-Blackrock: An old fortress of the Brotherhood of Ak’rei’an. In the past, a combined force of Ga-Koro Marines and Po-Koro Sentinels drove the Brotherhood from this place. Battle damages, as well as sandstorms and stone pilferers, reduced the dormant Blackrock to ruins. After being eradicated from Darkmine in Onu-Wahi, though, the Brotherhood has returned to Blackrock and started to reconstruct the crumbling place.
-The Dark Walk: One of six large tunnels dug by Makuta’s Rahkshi during the final days of his rule. Large enough to encompass a walking legion, it runs directly from the doorstep of the Koro down into Mangaia. Exudes a definite aura of odiousness, and is generally avoided. Akiri Hewkii has done his best to cover the entrance by walling it in and assigning guards to the hole.

The Koro:
Led by Akiri Hewkii, Po-Koro lays nestled in a canyon valley in the northern part of the desert. It consists of a village set within the confines of thick, masterly crafted walls of stone. A grand gateway and the short road leading to it define Po-Koro’s single entrance. Inside the village, simple stone domes serve as huts, shops and inns, several new structures hug the village walls, and a central marketplace hosts a continual bazaar. Po-Koro maintains its reputation as the sports capital of the island, and has the best Kohlii stadium and teams.

Most roads that once existed in the wastes are now scrubbed away. Already experts at traversing the vast wasteland, Po-Matoran are uninhibited by the lack of directional markers, and rarely get lost. Specially appointed patrols cross the desert, some tours to ensure the security of the Koro and others as essential traders. The old sand paths, though, have been replaced with a much more efficient method of reaching Po-Koro: the “Iron Mahi” locomotive. Designed by Onu-Koronan engineers, the tracks of this locomotive run from the coastal settlement of Forsi directly to the Koro. The Iron Mahi takes cargo as well as passengers between its two stops once a day.

For keeping in contact within their own kind even when they are across the desert, the Po-Matoran use a large, primitive radio communicator situated atop the walls of Po-Koro. From this transmission point, special messages in Po-Koro can be sent through the air to other such radio outposts elsewhere in the desert. The communication signals are always shaky, leading to easy misinterpretations, the range isn’t good, and the apparatuses are extremely vulnerable; but, even so, the solar-powered transmitters give the Po-Matoran the ability to respond quickly to disasters.

Edited by Nuju Metru
  • Upvote 6

test2.png

OOC: First post as Dryken, first post in Blackrock.IC: Dryken- Blackrock FortressThe Elderly Matoran looked out of his chambers. The same chambers that long ago, housed his superiors.The re-location was physically painful, but less painful than to his heartlight. This fortress, the same place he and others had fled, so long ago...Dryken exited the chamber, past a white Skakdi helping to move some furniture into the other Elder's room."Good Day, Cardinal Dryken," he said."Good morrow, Sir Zekev," Dryken smiled a little. He moved past the Skakdi.He climbed downstairs, past many Brotherhood members, and to a secret stairwell. It led past the basement, and under the temple courtyard. He saw that the boulder used to cover the tunnel was eroded over time, allowing him to push it aside. The staircase gradually turned into a tunnel, a low and damp tunnel which veered sharply. to his right, south-east.He stopped halfway. Looking into the darkness, he could hear the sounds of the past.The cries of the dead and dying as the Koro guards slaughtered his comrades upstairs. The fervent prayers of the other Matoran escapees. His mentors last words as he handed to Dryken the last copy of the Book Of Life.The scream as Dryken killed a young Matoran Sentinel as they exited the tunnel.Dryken closed his eyes to keep the images away, but they only amplified. And in the harsh light of the purple lightsrone on his staff, tear dripped from under his closed eyelids onto the blood-stained floor, stained so many years ago.

IC MerlaA toa of water with a black cloak stopped in front of Prei's donut stand. She seemed to think about it for awhile. Finally, she asked "Is there anything you'll recomend?"IC IraOn a rock in the middle of Blackrock, Ira meditated. His zombie stood by his side, snarling at eberything that it saw, but not lashing out; Ira had specifically ordered it not to.

IC: Prei

I lazily turn to face the speaker. At first I was about to ask why somebody would simply stand out in the rain, but that train of thought disappeared when I took in her appearance. Water Toa are much less likely to think of the rain as a massive annoyance - it is their element after all. The cloak was interesting though. Why wear one in such weather?

"Cinnamon is a classic," I say. "But if you wish to be radical, try the squid-flavoured ones."

Going for both then. I let my eyes wander over to the proprietor of the stand, who had dutifully begun to prepare her order. To choose the simple and the radical at the same time seems to display her as a rather complex individual; one that appreciates orthodox ways, but is also open to trying new and different things. The remarkable ease in which she decided to accept my recommendations may also show that she is either unoriginal, or used to following the suggestions of others.

Either way, I may be incorrect.

IC MerlaThe toa of water cloesly inspected the donut salesman. He seemed innocent ehough, but something about the way his eyes moved suggested that he was trying to profile her. "Perhaps he simply wishes to know about his customers?" Merla wondered. "It is an important skill for a salesman to have after all."

IC: Zekev- Blackrock FortressThe Skakdi finished shifting the furniture and went back down to his quarters. Everywhere Brotherhood Members were helping to shift stuff around.Zekev decided he had earned a break. He headed to his quarters.These were slightly bigger than before, but still, it was cramped. A single sponge bed, a creavice in the wall where ceremnial robes hung, a table with a copy of the Book of Life,and a small shrine. Zekev had brought his old room's painting along, so now the picture of Ak'Rei'An leading Matoran to battle hung beside a painting of the first Grandmaster fishing the Book of Life from a dead Matoran. The positioning made it look like Ak'Rei'An was leading a charge at the buttocks of the first Grandmaster.Zekev closed the door, hung up his weapons and slept on the bed.

IC

“Wake up!”

The booming voice carried across Po-Koro’s square, emanating from a red and black Ta-Matoran wearing a tattered cloak. His armor was beaten and scarred, his arms outstretched as if to embrace something. His eyes were closed, his brow furrowed. Every muscle in his body seemed pushed to deliver his message.

“You all call yourselves Matoran, worshippers of the god this island is named after. But you do not truly love Mata-Nui! You merely claim it. If you loved him, you would not have built a metal monster that ruthlessly rolls across the desert, a stain on the glorious landscape your god has blessed you with. You would not be mining deep in the rock quarries nor pleasuring yourselves by wastefully riding the Iron Mahi instead of doing the honest work of travel. You would not be letting the Onu-Matoran gut the earth beneath us! You would be living the life you were meant to live- a peaceful, idyllic one, free from this corrupting expansion. It is the Makuta’s work, I tell you! The Makuta is the one creating this new industry and these new innovations that rot away at your souls.

“It is said that Makuta is dead- this is false. The Makuta is more than an eldritch entity. He is a force. He is Evil. Every one of you has the Makuta inside of you. Yes. The capacity to kill, to destroy, the dark Nothing that sucks at your soul and whispers shadowy thoughts in your head- that is The Makuta. I know! I have him inside of me, sending dark tendrils of doubt into my mind. And once I let them control me. But I reject him now! I reject the dark machinery that pulls us towards the brink! I reject the desire to barrel towards this corrupt future! I reject the advancing technology with only gives us a great capacity to destroy! Join me, brothers! Come with me into the light! It is not too late for Mata-Nui to save your souls!”

The travelers of the square ignored him, going about their lives as if the red matoran was invisible. Not a glance nor even a snide comment were made by anyone.

Dorgath wordlessly got down from the plinth he was standing atop. He’d been at it for hours, and not a person had been stirred by his moving speeches. It was disappointing. He really did believe society was unraveling, but the world kept on going forwards, ignoring his frantic shouts to stop.

Still, he had to try. He was The Voice of His God, and it was his duty to keep on shouting.

OOC

Open for interaction

Edited by Visaru

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

The loudness of the preacher's voice stuns me for a second. He must not have much experience proselytising though - most understand that people won't really listen to someone who just randomly shouts, especially when what is being preached involves destroying things that provide benefits. Shouting is also an inefficient form of communicating ideas.

I leave the doughnut stand, heading towards the preacher. It is nice to see that others still appreciate the Lord in society, but this was not the way to go.

"I suggest brochures," I say as I stand before him. "Statistics show that they are much more useful in carrying ideas across."

IC

"Bro...chures..." the matoran repeated the word, blinking, a bit stunned. "Well, um, I will take that... you... you actually listened to me." Dorgath clasped Prei's shoulders, a faint grin growing across his battered Kakama. "I am impressed. Do you see the light of the lord now?" His eyes blazed with excitement.

Edited by Visaru

IC Lohkare

(Po-Koro):

Turaga Lohkare was walking to the closest store to buy supplies when he heard the loud preach of a red Matoran nearby.

Sensing that the poor person probably needed some wise advice, Lohkare edged closer. He saw the Matoran starting to talk to a Toa.

"Why do you feel so insecure in our new world?" Lohkare asked gently, trying to get the attention of the Matoran. Lohkare moved very slowly, using his badge of office to support the movements of his frail body.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

IC: Korru (Po-Koro)

It was just as Prei had left the dougnut stand that another Sentinel showed up, sharing Prei's original goal.

"I'll have some of that" Korru said as he looked around. Things were finally starting to return somewhat to normal, and the brutishly large Lesterin was personally not against any of that. As he was handed his... rather substantial, amount of donuts in a bag he turned his attention to where Prei was in the middle of a discussion with a Matoran that looked like he'd seen some hard living, and a Turaga.

His shadow suddenly blocking out the sun alarmed them to his presence.

"Anything the problem here?"

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC

"What are the virtues to me?" Dorgath had been waiting for someone to ask this question for weeks. "The virtues are a complex web of guidelines, but also incredibly simple. Complex yet elegantly basic. See, each gives us information about a different facet of life. Destiny: our ultimate goal. Duty: the way we get there. Unity: the tool we use to get past the challenges on the way. But each is even more complex- there are many underlying layers of message here. See-"

Dorgath was interrupted by a Turaga with an exotic mask. Dorgath wasn't entirely sure where he had come from, but was excited to see more people paying attention to his message. "Why do you feel so insecure in our new world?" the Turaga asked gently.

Before Dorgath could answer, yet another figure had joined them, this one a bulky Lesterin guard. Once Prei had assured the Sentinel that everything was fine, Dorgath turned back to the Turaga. He had never had so many people interested in his message before. Truly, Mata Nui had blessed him this day.

"You were wondering why I feel insecure. I do not. I have never felt so secure in my life. Mata-Nui blessed me, saved my soul and my life even though I did not even ask him for it. He has chosen me, and given me a new purpose. I have never seen the world clearer- I know what is right and wrong. I know what to do. All doubt is gone from my mind. You, too, can find peace if you embrace Mata-Nui's true message and turn from the tempting technology that is dragging us into darkness."

IC Lohkare

(Po-Koro):

Lohkare smiled.

"And so I have. Mata Nui has been kind to me, as well as you. This will sound like the rantings of an old man, but I spent hundreds of years dead, until I was resurrected by the power of the Great Spirit. The things he do are wonderful indeed, and sometimes impossible to explain. But why do you think developing technology is against his will?"

IC: (Larikon Torchbearer/Blackrock/Motara Desert)

Ak'rei'an had truely blessed them. From the perilous flight down the river, to the trek to Blackrock, all the Brotherhood members had managed to survive. They had taken with them the purple lightstone, enough food and water to last the trek, all essential books in their library, extra weapons, armor, and masks of undeath, all the gold the Brotherhood kept, and tools of conversion. Using some of the gold, they managed to buy a caravan's worth of Ussals, from a kindly Matoran named Midak. From then, they marched to Blackrock, only in the nights. They made sure their tracks were covered.

Once they arrived in the ruins, the Brotherhood had set to build once more. A third of the inner wall was put up, as were several huts. In disguise, brothers had gone to merchants, aquiring bedding, salt for preservation, and other essentials. In a short manner of time, the fortress was livable. It might have been a heap of stone and dust, but it was their heap of stone and dust.

Larikon slept with the rest of the Brotherhood now, there was no special home for himself, now. He would be among his Brotherhood, as it should have been. And he wouldn't let the Brotherhood toil in Blackrock, he would do something. Out of his bed, he rose.

"Gather, my brothers and sisters, it is time we discuss our new arrangements."

OOC: BoA gameplay OPEN! :D

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC

"What we have now is something we were never meant to have. These are not God given powers. They are unnatural. They are changing the balance of the world, performing actions that should never be performed. What will happen as hard work becomes unnecessary, replaced by a train ticket or a flick of a switch? What will we come to? Our world was not meant to be this way. This progressive era will lead us only to ruin. Do you see? It is The Makuta's work."

IC Lohkare

(Po-Koro):

Lohkare's expression darkened a bit at the mention of Makuta.

"Makuta is the spirit of destruction", he said, his voice trembling slightly. "Mata Nui is of creation. Everything the Matoran create is thanks to Mata Nui. Is that not so?"

IC: Rakona/Goran

The Lesterin walked to where the Grandmaster was speaking, and waited for others to arrive. She had heard of Blackrock before, but had never actually seen it. It was very dirty and destroyed, but Thentyle had been working tirelessly to restore it. He was the Knight Constable, and while his duties at the Darkmine were mostly guarding, he was also a groundskeeper.

IC: Thentyle

The feather touched the parchment, and left black line on it. He dragged it down, and shaped the letters of the inventory. He looked at the paper, rolled it up, and slid it into a small container. It contained all the weapons in the Blackrock, all those taken from the Darkmine.

He screwed the lid back on the cylinder, and put it on a small platform by the door. If anyone needed a weapon, they could check here to see if they had it. As he left, he took a shield from off the floor, and put it on top of several others to stack it. The armory was neat, at the moment.

He opened the door, and stepped out into the ruins of the Darkmine. He had recreated the walls to the armory and some other places according to the old maps of Blackrock. The barracks had been closed in, and the basic layout of the temple had been formed. It was open air, but it was there.

He walked into the meeting hall, and nodded to all the Brotherhood members in the room. "I was recreating the armory and taking catalogue of what is in it. Next I hope to recreate the walls of the first floor. Then, I will move onto the walls."

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Kriigata

Desert winds shifted in the distance, great dunes morphing like spines transplanted from one freakish body to the next. Kriigata gazed out at the scenic view from under the hood of her acolyte cloak, skeletal kanohi volitak of the old grandmaster keeping a deathly chill on her face despite the blazing sun. She sat cross legged in the crumbling ruin of what had once been a watch tower, now little more than masonry gnawed at by sandstorms and pilfered by traveling contractors. It was a smooth sandstone floor, though corroded from age with splitting cracks that threatened to topple down on the rest of the disguised architectural tragedy below. Open in Kriigata's hands was her copy of the Book of Life, fragile onion skin pages testament to the bloodstained history of Blackrock Canyon.

The pages turned in the wind, her place lost but not forgotten in the story of betrayal and exodus. Hearing the words of Grandmaster Larikon on the sultry breeze, Kriigata closed her mustard eyes and sighed a breath of relief: at last, orders from Ak'rei'an. How soon would it be until her fingers felt the warmth of a heathen's heart beating in her closed fist? How soon until the scourge of falsehood could be washed away in the glorious reign of suffering? She rose, and bounded down the ruin as cautiously as one could.

"I am here, Larikon," Kriigata voiced from the shadows as she landed, her kanohi flickering off and revealing her robed shape. Stepping into better view, she knelt and awaited his words.

IC: ZekevThe Skakdi of Ice rose from his bed at the Grandmaster's call. He hurriedly took his weapons and exited his cell. He entered the meeting room stealthily, as befitted a thief. Fortunately, no one noticed his loafing off. He slipped into a corner of the meeting chamber.IC: Dryken The ChaplainDryken opened his eyes.Enough. The sacrifice of my brothers and sisters will not come to naught. I must return to my duty. A duty to protect the Brotherhood from all enemies, and itself, if need be.Dryken willed his aching body to turn back. He re-traced his steps and exited near the meeting chamber, where he heard Larikon's call.Speak of the devil,Dryken thought. Larikon was, in Dryken's opinion, as dangerous and unstable as Makron, and inept as Gorlur.Dryken entered the chamber and stood near Larikon, as befitted a Cardinal of the Brotherhood.IC: BaranxBaranx exited the taxi. He breathed in the hot,dry air.Time to go back to Dikap-back scouting and patrolling, Baranx smiled.The Po-Matoran looked up as he entered the gates. He saw the canyon walls block out the sun due to parallax.Baranx made straight for the Akiri's hut. He wondered if Hewkii had any jobs for this Po-Koro Guardsman. That is, if he oforgot that Baranx was away for slightly longer than his leave allowed.

Edited by Norik The Student

IC: ZolarnThe desert sun shone down into certain places in Blackrock. Cracks in the walls, cracks in the ceiling, or even entirely open portions allowed light to filter in. Zolarn was sitting in one of these patches of light when he had heard the Grandmaster call for a meeting. Zolarn sprung up, and entered the meeting room. Thankfully, it was very close to where Zolarn was sitting, allowing for him to arrive there very quickly and before some other members. He stood near the entrance which he entered from, and waited for the Grandmaster to speak.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: Weiss opened his eyes. Larikon called them to council, and he would answer. He stood, rising from his meditative posture and heading to the meeting chamber where the others awaited. He put distance between himself and the lesser servants of Ak'rei'an--their weathered appearances disgusted him. It was as if they had no consideration for appearances. In the chamber itself, he listened to Larikon from the very back of the group.

~+~

Hewkii's secretary nodded to Baranx as he entered. "Hello, can I help you?" She asked.

:w:

IC: (Larikon Torchbearer/Blackrock/Motara Desert)

"It has been much time since the Brotherhood has returned to its ancestral home," Larikon said. "We made progress, in making the ruins alive once more. It will be long before the Canyon returns to its former grandeur, but we shall rebuild. And while we are rebulding, it does not mean we shall let go of our quest, of our goal of conquest. Our efforts may have run into complications, but we are larger in number, and in a far more defensible position. We can do this, in holy name of Ak'rei'an, it shall happen!"

He took a deep breath.

"As I speak, Jorruk and Ardron are scouting the deserts, looking for a Toa of Crystal from which to harvest lightstone and heatstone for explosives. But the Amaja Nui's destruction must not be our only action, our only strike. We must plan, get creative if we are to purge the isle of its heathens. I am asking, brothers and sisters, what you would like our Brotherhood to do. If it is in reason, then we shall do it under Ak'rei'an's blessings."

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC IraIra continued to sit on his rock, but he joined the conversation. "May I suggest getting a few of our lesas conspicuous members into the political sphere of the island? If we can somehow cause disturbances in the island's power balance and create distrust in their society's belief system, they may be more receptive to what we have to say."

OOC:

Lloyd, does Weiss have a profile?

IC: Rakona

"And we should establish more, secondary bases other than Blackrock. Perhaps apartments in different Koro's. Caves, perhaps." Rakona rose and looked at the all of the other members of the Brotherhood, the younger ones. Rakona had been in the Brotherhood for many years, and all of these others were rather new.

"Do any of you know of a place like this we could set up a satellite base?"

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: He should, I think he's older than three months. I'll go double check. If he's there, I'll update his name from what it was previously.

IC: "We need to improve security." Weiss said without explanation. He took it as an axiom that he'd be right, whatever the others thought.

:w:

IC: Thentyle

"I agree, Weiss. As the Knight Constable, it is my duty to guard Blackrock, as well as keep it in good condition. If you have some ideas on how to improve security, I would be happy to hear them, but my first priority at the moment is rebuilding Blackrock."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?