BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Konihi

Logically speaking, if money was easy to come by treasure hunting, then the ruins will have already been raided by now. I needed money now and this seemed like too much of a long term solution. Still  it was an excuse to see the local culture and if I just happened to find a forbidden artifact of ultimate power ... that'd be just great. Still if this was even remotely going to be a thing we'd need the whole party, including Kultax. At the very least he's balanced enough that I can gauge how feasible treasure hunting is by his reaction.

"Only if Kultax is also up for it, I would like to explore the ruins"

Edited by The Invisible Noob

IC: Syvra - Ruins of Blackrock

The bo-toa's crimson orbs widened in surprise at the Lesterin's lack of recognition of his name.

Perhaps those in charge did not want their blunder to be known?

That is a very real possibility. They prided themselves in their image.

"Perhaps that is for the best." he replied, though he quickly silenced as he allowed the lesterin to continue. As the lesterin finally gave his name, Syvra offered his right hand to the lesterin, a sign of peace 

"It is a great to properly make your acquaintance Sir Zenithex." Crimson orbs once again drifted over the ruins "I believe we should discuss what exactly our plans are. The Brotherhood has many enemies, though I believe I can assist in keeping us at least one step ahead of a few of those enemies." He offered as his hand returned to his side

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

--IC: Gairu--

"Yeah, Konihi.  Be more positive.  I'm sure that there's still treasure here in the ruins.  Biotron, Kultax and I are going.  You and Ayna can join us when you stop being such downers."  Gairu began walking over to a shop labeled "Po-Koro Adventurers' Supply Store"  and stopped by the door, waiting for his friends.

I think I accidentally signed Kultax up for a suicide mission and got myself out of it. Whatever. That just left the two members of this group smart enough not to trust each other.

"So we could take a trip to some ruins and enjoy the history before team adventure demolishes it ... "

I muttered in my usual ominous tone. I scanned the streets of Po Koro for anything else to do ... there was a harbour, a building with a strange mechanical contraption in it (Which would be the train station ) and a building with  a strange tower on it (the radio station). I pointed to the strange buildings in turn.

"visit one of the many sights of Po Koro ... or I could leave you to go rahi hunting, all three work well"

IC (Kynaera, train):

Seated near the guards, a few people stirred at their commotion. Maybe they were suspicious. Right now, though, their suspicion had no target. If everything went right, they would remain without a target until Kynaera and the others were in the middle of grabbing gold.

As the guards struggled with the door, Kynaera looked out of the corner of her eye at the guard near the other door--he continued watching the train car with a steady gaze. He would not be easy to distract without drawing attention to Kynaera herself.

More tricks, then.

Kynaera couldn't split her attention between two targets so far apart--the door on one side of the train car, the guard on the other. Instead, maintaining the gravitational pull on the door and increasing the zone of influence to the doorframe above it, she stood up and walked to the open door. The doorframe warped a little as she stopped before the guards; confirming the warping in her peripheral vision, she allowed gravity to return to normal.

"Hey," she said in a low voice, "maybe I can help you with the door somehow? I'm a Toa of Gravity. I might be able to do something."

IC: (Ayna)

​"Let's just...look around. I'd rather be with Kultax right now but I literally do not care about any 'treasure caves.'"

IC: (Datrox)

He tapped the back of his seat impatiently.
​"We should do something. I'm hearing noises."

Edited by McCree
  • Upvote 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Sorox

ugh why are you such a disappointment I CAN'T EVEN GO ON A SIMPLE TRAIN RIDE

"Fine. Y'know what?" Sorox looked at him. "As soon as this gets fishier, go ahead and grab everyone's attention. From what it looks like..."

He glanced towards the one who was apparently a gravity Toa. He could have sworn that the doorframe warped as she walked up. "...From what it looks like," He dropped his voice to a whisper. "Someone really wants to get the attention of everyone here for whatever reason. If you snag their attention in a bit, they might try to make a move. Just, when you do it, do it quick, I'm not very fond of this nausea..."

I half wondered if Ayna's response itself was also sarcastic. I also wondered if it was worth saving Kultax from his inevitable death by boredom and dehydration, then again I only needed someone to show me around the island. Letting those three run off and die would save me from bothering with them in the future.

My helmet covered my face so I didn't bother with the smile.

"By the end of this we'll be beeest friends"

Train Heist

IC: Unfortunately for Kynaera you can't warp metal that fast without making a significant amount of sound. So her arrival was heralded by the groan of metal reluctantly bending into a slight bulge. This caused the guards not looking at the approaching gravity Toa to look up and see a deformation in the door frame that had most certainly not been there seconds prior, not least because the door would never have been able to open in the first place if it had.

This of course rather heavily suggested that somebody was messing with them.

It was not that uncommon, there was always some petty criminal or prankster that thought they could "get back at the man" by messing with something on the train. Usually they tried to do it when none of the guards were looking though. Harmless pranks or not the Sentinels could hardly just let actions like that go without repercussions. So while one of the guards returned to where his companion stood on the other side of the train, one of the two remaining guards took a closer look at the door frame while the last one came forward to speak to the woman approaching them.

"Don't worry ma'am, we have it under control. It seems that somebody decided to start messing with the door. Did you see anyone who looked like they were using their powers by any chance?"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC (Kynaera, train):

It took a moment for Kynaera to realize that the doorframe had whined under the force of gravity. If not for her years of experience hearing noises that would cause many to shudder, she would have winced.

Why had she accepted this job? Why had she thought this would be a simple job with a sure payout? Pride, a dagger in her back... her thoughts quivered and her brain felt like it might spin loose from her spine.

"I didn't notice," said Kynaera, even-keeled, in response to the guard's question. "But sometimes it's hard to notice when someone's doing it."

The open door was right there. If she were fast enough, she could teleport through it--but that would leave her alone to fight the guards in an enclosed space and split her from her crewmates, who were probably wondering what in Karzahni she thought she was doing right now.

All these thoughts occurred during a pause of no more than half a second, as Kynaera inhaled after ending her last statement. She prided herself on quick thinking. Plans could fail. She could not.

"I could let you know if I spot anyone," she offered, playing for time.

How hard could gravity pull if she told it to pull?

Edited by Legolover-361

IC: (Datrox)

He took note of the purple Toa conversing with a guard, and remembered an odd noise that sounded like metal being warped or twisted. He glanced at his companions before turning back to the two, an idea of what was going on beginning to form in his head.
​"Hey Sor," he whispered, "get a load of her. She seems pretty suspicious, don't she?"

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Sorox

He turned around and looked at her.

She had timing, that's for sure. The guards standing by the twisted door could not hide that overwhelming look of suspicion in their eyes. "Mm. Best keep an eye on her."

Sorox turned back around slowly quietly checking the other seats for other watching eyes.

IC: Zenithex - Blackrock (Ruins)

Zenithex diverted his gaze towards the offered hand, remaining motionless for a moment longer than necessary before finally returning the gesture and nodding in agreement.

"For now, we are but two. Those who side with Makuta stay clustered in the icy landscape of Ko-Wahi, while those who praise Mata Nui believe themselves safe within their walls. Their focus is largely on each other for the moment, and we should take advantage of this by seeking to improve our numbers."

IC: Taranis and Tenjin - The Iron Mahi (Passenger Car)

What in Karzahni is she doing?

Tenjin, who was completely oblivious to the concept of subtlty, had started to fidget around in his seat, impatiently awaiting the moment when everything around them would suddenly erupt into chaos and he'd finally be able to kick some ###. Luckily, Taranis took note of this, and decided to intervene before the Vo-Skakdi could try to get up and potentially blow everything for them.

"Relax, moron," he growled quietly, curling his claws into a fist. "Don't make me regret bringing you onboard."

"You're a regret," he snarled back, finally managing to calm down a little.

"That doesn't even make sense."

"So much for you being the smart one."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Sorox

"You're a regret."

That whisper was the only thing he heard; the rest were mumbles, but it was enough to inform him that those two were in on this. There was no convenient way to tell Datrox, but then again, telling Datrox anything tended to be inconvenient.

Edited by Ghidora131

IC: Syvra - Ruins of blackrock

"I should be able to keep us apprised of what the followers of Makuta's next course of action will be. Though you bring up a fine point. We need numbers, but how do we go about that? The old, archaic method employed by the past brotherhood members was their downfall. People tend to notice when individuals go missing, and take notice of the locations they go missing. As such I propose we take a new route to our membership."

Syvra turned away from Zenithex, his gaze towards the obsidian outcroppings that once served to protect blackrock. "What is we have that both the Followers of Makuta and the worshippers of Mata-nui lack?" he asks of Zenithex, his right arm lifting upwards, palm opened towards the sun. "Proof." he turns partially to stare at Zenithex as soon as the word leaves his lips. "We have proof of our deities existence, through the rising of the undead. The Brotherhood's undead is not just some puppetry manufactured by a Tryna, but is a nearly complete revival. Yes they may not return fully like they were before death, but they still return, often with some fragment of who they once were. Imagine if you will, one's loved one just died, yet the family can not bring themselves to accept the death. We could offer them a chance to see their loved one yet again. And in turn we preach the Archangels word. Afterall if was not mata-nui who brought them back, but Ak'rei'an. Law enforcement." He punctuates this by closing his fist "When the Turaga of this island were killed off, they could have been raised to potentially find their killers and bring justice to them." 

A sly smirk slowly forms across Syvra's mask, his gaze narrowing "To succeed we must have the populace embrace us, not fear us like they did. We must convince them, slowly, that Ak'rei'an does exist, and is present in their lives."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Well that was long enough of a pause. I turned away and both me an Ayna left Kultax to his fate. While I was here I might as well learn if Ayna trusted me yet. I glanced at the Matoran to read her expression.

Default Ayna then. That said I didn't know much about her, but then again she wasn't important. What was important was expanding my finances.There had to be a more tangible way to do that than treasure raiding. I needed to talk about something else while thinking. At least to break the silence

"So what do you expect will really happen to our trio of adventurers?"

--IC: Gairu--

"Come on, guys!  Quit standing around!  Or I'm going on an adventure without you!"

Edited by capMARVELOUS

"They won't find anything of value. Po-Wahi's a desert in more ways than one, the most they'll come across are some interesting rock formations."
​She kicked away a small rock.
​"Kultax is too trusting. He meets new people and automatically treats them like friends. Then they tell him there's treasure caves in Po and he believes them. He needs to have more apprehension."

Edited by McCree

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

As we walked down the street I noticed an old poster, I remembered seeing a similar poster of the same age at Onu Koro. I inspected it, it seemed to be a warning to the citizens about ...

"So what is this brotherhood of Ak'rei'an ? ... I've seen old posters of them in Onu Koro and Po Koro now."

IC: Zenithex - Blackrock (Ruins)

The Lesterin took his time to ponder these possibilities as he readied his response.

Allowing individuals to willingly seek them out had always been an intended side effect of his work, though his own methods, admittedly, were entirely based on manipulating their fears in order to get them to do so. Still, letting just anyone into the group would greatly increase the risk of spies infiltrating their way through the ranks, which was almost nonexistent within the old Brotherhood, as the conversion process had a way of weeding out those whose loyalties happened to lie elsewhere. Then there would be the matter of shielding said initiates from the (arguably justifiable) prejudices forged by their past activities, a task that would be made even more difficult should they start freely revealing their newfound status to the populace at large.

All in all, however, aside from the concerns he had, Zenithex saw no reason to outright reject the Toa's proposal, as it could potentially lead to them establishing assets of their own within the walls of the villages as well.

"Then we shall try it your way," he finally said, agreeing to the other being's terms. "Though I trust you have devised contingencies to prevent our new foundations from becoming compromised."

IC Sorox

"You're a regret."

That whisper was the only thing he heard; the rest were mumbles, but it was enough to inform him that those two were in on this. There was no convenient way to tell Datrox, but then again, telling Datrox anything tended to be inconvenient.

OOC: This makes no sense. If having a private conversation that was connected in no way, shape, or form to the current events occuring inside the train car automatically labelled one as suspicious, then Sorox would be expecting at least half of the nameless NPCs who have no dialogue of importance typed up at all to be in on the heist as well.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Oh right I almost forgot how spectacularly unhelpful everyone on this island is. Still, the poster gave me some information, apparently they had been spotted near here ages ago. By the age of the paper they were probably gone by now. I might have to look into this brotherhood later. Right now though, in spite of Ayna's desire for a simple walk, I did need to offset the widgets I spent. 

I could hunt a rahi, but the desert was sparsely populated. That meant I might have to try stealing some widgets, so far nobody else on the island had displayed teleportation abilities. I should be able to exploit that to my advantage. It was risky though. Better to try something safe first.

"So what do people do in Po Koro?"

OOC: This makes no sense. If having a private conversation that was connected in no way, shape, or form to the current events occurring inside the train car automatically labelled one as suspicious, then Sorox would be expecting at least half of the nameless NPCs who have no dialogue of importance typed up at all to be in on the heist as well.

OOC: Yeah, except the conversation was articulate, rather convenient on timing, and angry, at the same time there's a commotion/disturbance, and it's also while Sorox is paranoid of everything.

IC Sorox

He tapped Datrox softly. "Is there some kind of catering on this train? I could use some water..."

OOC: yeah ghidora ngl that's pretty iffy, in datrox's case there was a visual disturbance he could pick up on but all sorox had was the whisper, which the line quoted from said whisper tells absolutely nothing out of context, vis a vis the heist

​IC: (Datrox)

"###### if I know. Ask someone who looks like they work on this train."

"Play Kohlii, melt in the ungodly heat, raise rahi. Why do you ask?"

Edited by McCree

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"Because we can only spend oh so long walking about doing nothing, and I want to understand this Koro"

I didn't know what Kohlii was but I doubted I was going to get good at it soon. I was definitely not going to raise any filthy rahi. I might actually have to start stealing again.