BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

OOC: Back from the dead

IC: Seria

Vhisola? I wonder what she wants with Wokondin? Oh I guess we'll figure it out on the to Ga-Koro. I wonder what's happened since I last visited my village?

Seria paused from pondering at looked at Wokapu at Sucogu. They began to talk about Echelon again as she listened in to their conversation. As she listned in, she noticed a Skakdi with a large hammer-like weapon in his hand. It seemed awfully heavy by the looks of it, and the armor he had on seemed to blend nicely with the brown color of his armor.

IC: Vallen and Molvr

Vallen Tor and Molvr began to speak witb four others in the Po-Koro village.The gang was now together to wreck havok or just earn some pay. The lineup was as is: Vallen Tor - Leader and Tracker. Molvr Karl - Sniper. The red Electric Skakdi - Swordsman. The brown Gravity Skakdi - Demolition Expert. The blue Skakdi of Water - Admiral and Deputy. Last but not least, the Emerald Skakdi of The Green - Interrogator.

OOC: Those four will not be utilized until I make profiles for them. Which may never come if I don't fix my profiles.

Edited by Ricardo Mason

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

OOC: No problem, bro :D Superb post!

IC:

"Hey Flamey! To your right"

Sparks danced in the Toa of Fire's eyes as he turned his head away from the burning Vortixx. The Skakdi called Jang was making a run for it, intent on escaping through the back door.

Oh no you don't.

Vail ignored the shooting pain in his shoulder as he lunged forward. With his right hand grasping the hilt of Persephone tightly, he swung the sword in a beautifully shaped convex towards Jang's neck. The Skakdi's orbs glowered with determination as his body swiveled to meet Vail's blow.

####!-

A loud clang reverberated throughout the warehouse as metal struck metal. The world became one of silence as Vail collided with the floor, bounced once, and then was still. He lay on his back, desperately trying to blink out the blurred splotches that now obscured his sight. He couldn't move. The powerful hammer blow had caught him right in the chest, and searing pain now rippled throughout his body. A single tear forced its way out from within him and slid neatly down the side of his face, only to disappear into one of the grooves of his Pakari.

The hazy green figure of Jang was now standing over him, red eyes glimmering through the fog and into those of Vail. The Ta-Toa felt no fear, even as the Skakdi clamped a clawed hand around his throat and lifted him off the ground. They were now face to face as the green armored Skakdi began to squeeze the life out of the crimson armored Toa. Vail glared all the while, gurgling as if trying to speak.

"If you have something to say, spit it out!" Jang growled.

A muffled wretch bubbled up from within the Toa of Fire and splattered the Skakdi's face with warm fluid. Jang cursed as he tried to wipe the substance from his eyes. In response, Vail's kanohi glowed and illuminated a freakish smile. His free hand twisted Jang's wrist mercilessly.

I only bring death to you, Jang.

The Skakdi cried out as several cracks resounded. He dropped the battered Toa to the floor and stared at his mangled hand in horror.

His gaze diverted from the injury, however, as Vail stood slowly to his feet. The Ta-Toa’s mask was still glowing with a firey light, fragments of eerie radiance reflecting off of Jang’s lurid features and throwing him into a state of entranced enmity.

Vail took a step forward and took Jang’s head in both hands. His voice was strained, and came out as only a hoarse half-whisper.

“May Mata Nui have mercy on your pitiful soul.”

He squeezed until the Skakdi's skull gave way with a distasteful crunch.

After a moment of stillness, the Toa of Fire dropped Jang’s limp form and sank down to his knees in exhaustion. A pool of red was spreading out from beneath him, enveloping the dull color of the warehouse floor with its powerful hue.

Red. The color of passion. The color of rage.

The color of death.

OOC: I had to profusely edit out sequences of descriptive violence in order to post this... Oops.

Edited by Requiem

IC: Krazov

"Ah..."

He stared morosely at the desert town.

"Where am I?"

He scratched his chin. "Let's see... went up for a bit, wandered around... bah, doesn't matter. This is definitely a village; followed the road, has to be."

Krazov took a pull from his water bottle. The desert was rough and dry. It had annoyed him to no end. HIs white and red armour was insanel, and right now he wasn't really in the mood for anything too special.

Well, time to move through... a tech expo?

After a pause, Krazov shrugged. Eh, roll with it. He strolled through, nodding in a friendly way at people.

That was when his chance glancing around caught upon a poster. He pulled it off the wall, examining it intently.

RESTORE THE CLOCKWORK

THE COLLECTIVE AWAITS.

MEET AT THE GATES.

Along with some funny squiggle. Then again, he'd seen worse signatures- like his own.

He licked the adhesive curiously. Sand and honey; novel mixture. And dirt-cheap too. So not much payment. But... luck had chanced him to see it, so he would go. So, he rolled it up and walked through the bazaar, looking for a likely person. He eventually found a small pub, and entered.

~~

Some time later, he exited with a full water bottle, a couple of iron rations, and missing some widgets. He then searched for the gate.

It wasn't there. The one area where luck seemed to lead him astray was in the matter of directions. But he always got to where he needed to go, fortunately. But he needed... he needed... he grit his teeth.

He was going to need directions. Good ones, too. He looked at a matoran talking to a skakdi. And holding a poster. He checked them. Seemed to be the same. Maybe they would know.

He grinned. Luck was smiling on him again, as it always did.

Krazov walked over, pasting a stupid grin on his face, deciding to be friendly.

"Sorry to bother you, but you see...I can't find the Gate."

He watched their reactions.

IC: Jokaro

"I just hope the legends were true..."

Jokaro was waiting for the Sentinel's laugh, but before the rust-coloured Skakdi could even blink, another, white-and red-armoured Skakdi emerged from seemingly nowhere.

"Sorry to bother you, but you see... I can't find the Gate."

...and Jokaro was utterly confused.

There was no hint of sarcasm in his voice. Well, at least none Jokaro could detect.

"Er..." he started, before looking to the city gate, only a few bio away, before directing his gaze to his Sentinel companion.

Wait, companion?

OOC: Welcome to this fantastical realm of dust and debauchery.

IC: Krazov

Krazov frowned, holding up the poster. "I was told to wait near the gate, so I gathered some supplies. Then, the Gate ran off on me." He glared at it.

"Terrible things, gates, running off when you think you're not watching them."
He then refocused on the Po-Matoran. "So, you're in for the job as well? From the looks of it, I think it's got something to do with clocks, or similar. I don't really know."

Krazov tapped his axe-handle. "Or if it's something different, then I'll be perfectly capable of handling anything that tries to attack."

He cocked his head slightly, examining this Matoran. His red eyes glowed slightly brighter, and he perused what this Matoran was carrying- including what was in the jar. He mentally triumphed as he noted the traces of honey and sand in the jar. Whoever this Matoran was, he was the one who had placed the posters around the Koro.

Edited by Ssendam the Masked

Jokaro looked back and forth between the two Skakdi. The newcomer was offering mercenary services. He was obviously playing coy, or something. Jokaro didn't much understand Skakdi humour, let alone any Skakdi culture, for that matter.

"It's not exactly a... paid job..." he started, trying to gauge what the Sentinel would say to all this.

OOC: Best to wait for DoctorCouch's reply next.

IC:

88 peered outside the window on the second floor of his house. He was on his lunch break, and the little skirmish at the gate was over. He had earned a good amount of money working, but not enough to pay off his debt to Vhohan. It was a tedious and boring job, but it was a good one and one appreciated by citizens all over Mata Nui.  He owned a printing press, a hammock and a house. The house was bought with Vhohan's money, but he wasn't sure if he was supposed to pay him back. 88 thought for a few minutes and said,

"One good turn deserves another, so I'll pay him back even if I don't have to." With the words still fresh in his mind, 88 got back to work.

Edited by RahkshiToa88

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

IC: Farzan (Tech Expo)

It was time

"C'mon, Kreff, put those claws to work" I ordered the Ussal Crab as he croaked where he was carrying The Man's device for me while I closely monitored the situation from behind.

I was not going to screw this up, especially since I of all people should know that screwdrivers are meant for something else entirely. Nevertheless I was determined to make this moment shine. Or I would've if such a thing was physically possible.

Regardless, after much sweat, toil and tears (mostly my tears of frustration, Kreff's toil, and cumulative sweat) we had managed to get Stralix's device to the exact center of the bazaar.

(Give or take five feet)

For a moment I stood beside it, wondering whether or not to just activate it right away and run for cover, but that wouldn't be bombastic enough. So, here goes...

"Ladies and gentlemen. Nutbrains, Gearheads, Greasemonkeys, Monkey wrenches and Macgyvers alike, please lend me your auditory and ocular receptors to me for dissec- I mean for a moment, yes, a moment."

That was a close one

"As some of you may know, the renowned inventor Stralix was going to have a little performance at the end of this Tech Expo of hours"

Many faces perked up at that declaration, and yet more brightened

"Well, unfortunately he couldn't be here today, so he's asked me to step in for him"

Many faces showed disappointment, some indifference and some very few outright terror.

"The demonstration will begin immediately, if the good members of the audience would entirely fail to slash my throat for being so bold, but if you'd please just spread out and give us some space"

The crowd complied quickly, unsure of whether to run away or stay and watch as I found the crank and the lever that Stralix had pointed out to me.

"Alright, Stralix I hope you've thought this through better than I would've" I thought, and gave the crank a turn and then the lever a pull.

"GANGWAY, COMIN’ THROUGH" I yelled as Kreff and I ducked into the crowd, before turning to look...

For a few seconds after the lever was pulled, the crowd could just about hear a quiet ticking noise, echoing within the hollow space of the metal box. Then, there was a loud metallic clunk, and then another, followed by the repeated knocking of a ratchet.

Something rolled into place inside the machine. Suddenly, there was a fizzing noise and a faint light glimmered from the circular openings atop the device.

And then, with the twang of a spring, something bright shot up into the darkened sky.

It exploded in a shower of golden sparks. The crowd's held-back breaths were released, and they began to laugh in relief: it was a fireworks display.

And an automatic one, at that. The first flash was followed by four others, shooting up from Stralix's machine in quick succession through different holes and bursting into pyrotechnics that lit up the buildings around with their flashes.

Meanwhile, the clunks and rattles of the machine grew more frequent as the spring-loaded mechanisms within worked more feverishly, moving the fireworks into place, lighting the fuses, and propelling them up into the air.

The inventor had prepared an impressive selection for the display. Some launched their little stars outwards in a wide circle, accompanied by a loud bang; some fizzed and crackled with fierce sparks; some simply glowed brightly like multicoloured flares. The device fired them in various rhythms and combinations, according to a clever little mechanism, not unlike a music box, hidden within. They continued in this way for a surprisingly long time; evidently the machine had quite extensive in-built storage space.

Just as the gaudy explosions reached their climax, they stopped. The crowd almost began to walk away, thinking the display to be over, but the sound of the clockwork in the machine had not stopped. A moment later, a collection of pyrotechnics were launched - but these released no colourful sparks. Instead, an ominous cloud of black smoke expanded out from the projectiles.

Within the cloud, two red points of light flared into life and hovered there, glowing crimson. They looked unsettlingly like eyes.

There were murmurs of unease in the crowd as the points of light glared down at them. They hadn't expected this - some were even beginning to wonder whether this was even part of the display, and instead something more nefarious.

But then there was a final noise from Stralix's machine, and with a roar like the wind, six rockets shot up in quick succession: one red, one blue, one lime, one emerald, one yellow, and one white. They spiraled up, higher and higher towards the red eyes -

And exploded in the most brilliant, golden flash so far. As the glow of the countless sparks faded, the crowd one by one broke into applause. The symbolism of the display's climax was lost on nobody, and they were quick to show their appreciation, despite the absence of its creator.

Kreff and I were sitting on a nearby rooftop, watching the lightshow in quiet appreciation.

"Good work, buddy" I said to the Ussal Crab, getting a pleasant chirp in response.

"Up top" I called and raised my hand, feeling Kreff's claw bat lightly against it.

Life was good.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Lenat- Po-koro- Tech Expo

IC: As the last of the embers dies and the smoke was blown away by the light breeze Lentat once more walked up to the podium on the stand and set his tablet to the voice amplification setting.

"And with that amazing display of mechanical know-how and creativity from Ta-koro's Mr. Stralix I bring this expo to a close. I hope you all had as much fun as I did over the last few days and hope we can all do this again some day. These last days have given me more hope for the future than ever before. Matoran, Vortixx, Toa, I think I even saw a few Skakdi running around the place.You all came together to create something amazing and I just know that if we keep going at it we can build a brighter future for the entire island. When I look at this crowd before me I do not see the scared and worried faces from the Dark Times. Nor do I see the distrusting any wary faces from only a few months ago."

"No"

"I see faces full of hope and joy. full of happiness from a day free from all the troubles that once filled our minds and slowed our footsteps. I see a new age for all of us. One in which we are free to go the places we want to go, do the things we want to do, and spend time with whoever we want to without worrying about somebody trying to kill us for it. I see a time when anyone, whoever their species or place of origin can come with any crazy idea they want to and can get people from a koro on the entire other end of our island to help them fulfill their dreams."

"Each and every one of you has the ability to create or do something amazing, something nobody else could dream of. Somebody else might be able to make something brighter or jump higher. Even so you should never forget your own value. There is only one of you in the entire world and your value is beyond measure. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise no matter who they are."

"I know this was somewhat out of nowhere but I felt it had to be said. We are the edge of a new age and you all can make it a golden one."

"Thank you and goodnight."

With that the Vortixx collected his tablet and walked off the stage and in to the night.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Akree

Akree had stayed quiet during the conversation, and for good reason. There were always these kinds of people in Po-Koro, and he'd learned that the best course of action was to ignore them.

However, he couldn't help but notice that the nutty one had gotten more information out of Jokaro in twenty seconds than Akree had throughout their whole conversation. He decided that now might be the time to find out more. "Speaking of this work, what might it involve, hmm?"

It was a bit intimidating having two armed Skakdi towering over him, pouring questions at him, but Jokaro figured that he had intentionally put himself into this position, so he might as well use the opportunity.

"This is not a job with shifts, payment or contracts. This is an ideology, a movement. I'm hoping people will see this island how I see it, and will rally to the cause with me."

IC: (Sucogu)

"There were many servants of Makuta never brought to justice," Sucogu replied, "if he unites them, they represent a very real threat. The others have disregarded my claims, but this is foolish- I recently stumbled upon him in the caves of the Abettor, gathering information. Mark my words, he will return."

IC: Seria

Vhisola? I wonder what she wants with Wokondin? Oh I guess we'll figure it out on the to Ga-Koro. I wonder what's happened since I last visited my village?

Seria paused from pondering at looked at Wokapu at Sucogu. They began to talk about Echelon again as she listened in to their conversation. As she listned in, she noticed a Skakdi with a large hammer-like weapon in his hand. It seemed awfully heavy by the looks of it, and the armor he had on seemed to blend nicely with the brown color of his armor.

IC: Wokapu – Po-Koro

“And when he does, he and his friends will get pulverized,” Wokapu said with confidence, “Great Spirit knows how many Toa around here are overly eager to lay down some ‘justice’. Or just beat up some guys in the night”

One thing that had always bothered the Toa of Air a little bit was how overly vigilant some of his supposed colleagues seemed to behave when tasked with being a hero. Perhaps Wokodin had something to do with it, but Wokapu had some trouble placing full trust in the good intentions of Toa. Though to be fair, Ra’lhen, Stannis, and the kind company of friends Wokapu currently found himself with, were doing well in regards to assuaging the Toa of Air’s cynicism.

As they continued walking, Wokapu, unwontedly noticed that something (or someone) had caught Seria’s attention.

“Was that Ra’lhen over there?” Wokapu asked with curiosity. 

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: Rakona

"Good girl."

Rakona fed her Kikanalo a small treat, and then walked out pens where several where being kept. She had been assigned to the Kikanalo Riders and had been training her own beast as a mount. She had to train it to get its obedience, which was a tiring task.

At the very least, the cartographers hadn't discovered Blackrock yet. That would be the end of the Brotherhood, the organization which she so fervently served. It was small compensation when she had been drafted into the second biggest threat to the Koro.

Goran had bought an apartment and was feigned to be her blind father, navigating with an Arthron instead of sight. So far the ruse was working, but they had to be careful - Goran would sit for hours on end not moving when he had no commands from Rakona.

As Rakona was walking around the small base outside of Po-Koro itself where the Riders where centered, she heard a rasping, parched voice. She spun around on her heels to look at the speaker, a thin, slender, weak  and very ironic Skakdi.

And most importantly, a heathen.

"Rakona. As Korru is out, I'm in charge. I think you're ready to go on patrol. Grab some armor and weapons."

"Thank, you sir."

Oh, how the cultist so dearly wanted to drive a sacrificial, ceremonial knife through his ribcage and remove his heart, bringing him into the service of her lord, the great Archangel Ak'Rei'An. But such fantasies and ideals would have to wait until a later date.

---

Rakona sat on the beast, with a spear and shield strapped to her back. She was wandering the desert, and had a map spread out in front of her with directions to Blackrock canyon, the base of operations for the Brotherhood of Ak'Rei'An, the location of all her Brothers.

Oh yes, it was time to go home.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:

The Rahkshi of Illusion, trapped in the center, found itself beset upon at both ends; the Ta-Matoran who had first noticed its ascension made for a spear thrust into its leg, but the spear was a long weapon that could easily entangle the user if they did not know how to properly maneuver themselves to amplify its reach. Dorgath, a fighter without much experience, fell into exactly this pitfall and made for a weak thrust while it thought the Rahkshi distracted. But Lux was hardly a distraction - the desperate Matoran plunged down on the Rahkshi with his sword drawn gracelessly. The creature was both lithe and strong, and its powerful legs allowed it to vault under Lux. The Po-Matoran fell down hard into Dorgath's spear thrust, and the weapon speared him through his right thigh. Lux cried out in pain and went down, but his injury was the easier one. The Matoran of Fire pulled the spear out frantically and went to move around Lux's downed form, but the Rahkshi had been given seconds to steady itself and it was more skilled with its staff; it whipped across the wall like a shadow and struck him in the side of the head. It would have sheared Dorgath's head in half had he not shied away, but he still cried out in pain as the staff's end drew a deep gash from the back of his cheek all the way to the corner of his lips. 

The Rahkshi of Fear screamed. All those who were in the tunnel gave way and shuddered a bit at the high, shrill sound, but it was the Akiru who felt it worst. Their powers faltered, and it was all the Rahkshi needed to float in midair and shift its body into a streamlined, bullet-like form that torpedoed forward and separated them. The Toa behind Miraul wisely dodged out of the way, scattering, but Divan was not so lucky - the creature's staff was stuck out awkwardly like a pair of handlebars and he was so busy concentrating on trying to lock his magnetic powers back on the speedy Rahkshi that he dodged seconds too late - the staff's blade tore his shoulder open and would have taken off his arm at the collar if he'd stood still for any further damage. Miraul was luckier, and took a hit to the forehead from the blunt end of the staff's other head. He fell to the ground, head ringing, and if he survived the battle no doubt it would bruise, but right now it was nothing fatal. The Rahkshi spun around in the air after it had cleared the Toa in its first charge, and now it rode them down yet again, staff extended and a wild yell echoing in its vanguard that felt as though it could liquefy the bones of the entire team.

The Rahkshi of Sonics saw Leli enter into its path and hissed angrily, bombarding the perky Le-Matoran for a few seconds with a wave of sound that made her ears pop, but her military training left her better suited for distracted combat than Lux had been. Quick as a drop of water and just as agile, Leli weaved to the right of the Rahkshi's first strike and then ducked under its second, drawing her blade for a quick riposte. The Rahkshi parried this blow just as easily and began dueling the Ussalrymatoran deeper, battering her away from her squad step by step, foot by foot. Komisk barked an order out, but Leli was too busy fending off the Rahkshi to give it much thought for a second. Seeking some breathing room, she pushed high and then cut low with her sword, leaving a mild scrape on the Rahkshi's calf, but the creature screeched its displeasure and launched into a series of furious, quick motions aimed at slicing the Le-Matoran to ribbons. She deflected and dodged nimbly - and then the Rahkshi of Dodge stepped out from the shadows behind her. Now she had two opponents to deal with, and her parries became much more desperate.

The Rahkshi of Anger had pushed Torvath back towards the wall, making the Vortixx cede what ground he'd been able to gain and desperately bat back his blows with increasing, dark rage flowing through his veins and pumping with every thrust or defense. He was practically shaking with anger, and the Rahkshi spun its weapon in its ugly, clawed fists and darted for a quick strike at Torvath's chest. The Vortixx blocked close, his sword shaking within inches of his pectorals, and then pushed out angrily, bringing his sword up and trying to cleave the Rahkshi's head from its shoulders. It was a serious mistake, and would have nearly been a fatal one, but the Vortixx's life was saved all at once, by two different sources. Komisk Runion's crossbow bolts had been bouncing harmlessly from the gleaming surface of the opponent, but the new blast that had come from Sirius took the creature unaware. The side of its armor was rent open by the blast and it roared, boiling the blood of all those in its path. That was the fateful moment that Day chose to strike. His sword nearly cut the spine in two, but it only left the barest of scratches that drew out the Rahkshi's bestial yell a little longer. The creature spun and launched a blow at the Toa's comely face, but Day was a fresher fighter than Torvath, and could block the creature's blows. The feral creature lifted one foot to kick Day away - and then lifted up the other, throwing it back into Torvath's chest with force that could turn his rib cage to splinters.

The Rahkshi of Slow saw Melna dive at it, just as her companion Lux had - it waved its hand almost slothfully and then readied its staff to kebab the pretty Lesterin through her mouth and out her tailbone, but it roared out as a grenade, coated in obsidian, tore into its exposed face and exploded there. Propelled by machinery and sped up by Toa power, the crystal tore into the exposed Kraata, which oozed shadows as several of the fighters oozed blood. When it exploded, what remained of the ribbons were incinerated. Melna fell to the ground, scuffing her face, hands and knees but otherwise unharmed. Gyn had saved her life; the first of the Rahkshi was dead.

IC:

Meanwhile, the Sentinel response team at the enclave wasn't quite looking hard enough. Tera only found a clue of the attacker by chance, when she went to close the captain's eyes; something rattled inside her flask, something that was not liquid. When she opened it up and inspected further, shaking the open neck of the container over her palm, a small, spartan brass key fell out into her hand.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Telne- Dark Walk- Sentinel Group- Dark Walk Quest

IC: The sound of the rattling key brought Telne over to see what Tera had found. Looking over her shoulder he asked.

"Any idea what that goes to?"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Rannin

Rannin sat on the steps of a hut in Po.

Ooc: Open for interaction.

IC: Ra’lhen – Po-Koro

The contrite Toa of Electricity had received his armor and was now on his way. He wouldn’t be put on the watch today. He was given three days to get settled in to his new home.

To say that this would be an adjustment was understatement. Ra’lhen’s thoughts and  feelings quarreled with one another as he tried to acquiesce his decision to become a Sentinel for the village where his worst crimes were committed. However, he knew where his Duty laid. Ra’lhen had to prove to these people, and perhaps, to Mata Nui himself, that he had the will and integrity to become the hero that he knew he was destined to be.

He was walking down the street when he noticed a peculiar looking Toa. So really any more peculiar than Ra’lhen looked with his mutated pigmentation, but something about this one’s appearance stood out to him.

Ra’lhen wondered if he was a local, and walked up to the resting Toa.

“Pardon my intrusion, sir,” Ra’lhen said politely, “Are you a local here?”

IC: Krazov.

Krazov frowned. No payment wasn't exactly good, but eh, wherever luck led him. He shrugged. He'd had worse jobs.

"Alright, whatever. Wherever luck leads me."

He looked at the other one, the Sentinel fellow. Seemed capable enough, he supposed.

"How about you, friend?"

Not really a friend, per se, but more like an aquaintance. But best to be friendly.

Edited by Ssendam the Masked

IC: Korru (Darkwalk Enclave)

"Where there's a key there's a lock" The captain muttered as he let his mask scope zero in on the key.

''And clearly not a big one, hmm..."

"Look around," he said, "maybe there's something in the rubble that goes with the key"

Edited by Gyro Gearloose

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Hmm, he probably doesn't know where Hafu's resting place is. Though if he has stayed here long enough, he might. Ra'lhen thought. Now however, he was curious about this Toa on the steps. The red and blue Toa smiled back, an expression now mixed with a dash of curiosity.

“Must be exciting,” Ra’lhen replied, “It is a secret job that you have? I just became a guard – or ‘Sentinels’ as they’re called now – a few hours ago”

IC: Farzan (Po-Koro)

"One-two-three, one-two-three, one-two-three"

Contrary to first impressions, I wasn't in the middle of counting through the motions as I conducted som simple menial task. Rather, I was busy picking up loose components that fell off Kreff's wagon as he pulled it through Po-Koro's streets. I had taken to this endeavor in a complicated, three-step guide that went as follows.

1. Locate dropped object

2. Pick up dropped object

3. Toss it back onto the wagon, keep attempting to toss until the desired end result is actually acheived

Rinse and repeat indefinitely. Well, not so much indefinitely as "until end of trip".

It was the day after the technology expo, and at daybreak I'd torn up camp and taken off, stopped by Akiri Hewkii's office to get details on my new den, and now Kreff and I were busy hauling all my stuff to the designated location.

Kreff wheezed as he kept scuttling forward, weighed down by the harness and the heavy load. Truth be told I was wheezing a bit too.

We came to a stop near a seemingly abandoned hut, save for the two Toa sitting on the steps. I cleared my throat to draw their attention.

"Hey there, would you doubtlessly upstanding and morally inclined Toa be interested in helping me with some transportation issues?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"The problem, mister Ironpunch Steelpants, is that Kreff and I are having trouble moving this big cart to my new work locales. We'd appreciate it if you two decided to actually do as the Toa do and help an exhausted Matoran out"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: "You sly devil."

Tera looked down at the dead soldier and smiled slightly, then closed her eyes and turned her elemental attention to the stone around him, then the walls of the cave, looking for something she knew was there...

"To answer your question, Telne," she responded, "I have seen this key, or one a lot like it, before. I own one, actually."

And, there it was. A cubic gap in the stone wall.

"It's the key to the storage location of a sentry captain's log, which would be riiiiiight-"

The Captain stepped toward and put her hand on the wall, parting the stone and revealing a metal box with a brass lock behind it.

"Here."

The key fit perfectly.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

Ra’lhen chuckled and smiled in response to the (by his measure) impudent plea. It really didn’t bother the Toa very much though. Neither he nor the Toa of Iron seemed to regard him with any noticeable fear or contempt, and that was awesome enough for him.

“I’ll gladly help you and your friend as well,” Ra’lhen said, getting up. “Show us to your cart”

Edited by Emzee

"Thank you" I willingly exclaimed as I gestured to the cart behind me.

"I need it down the next few blocks and then to the right, that hut sligthly on the outskirts with a side-section." I explained quickly, only now letting my eyes fall on the Hau-Toa's (well, I certainly couldn't guess his element now could I? Might as well denote by mask until then) Badge.

"So, you've joined the Sentinels, have you," I surmised upon looking at it, "So did I just yesterday, I'll be crafting masterpieces of technology for you lot in the future, so I'll consider this a premature compensation."

"Name's Farzan, and that's Kreff there at the front.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

“Sounds like a fair deal to me,” Ra’lhen said with a jesting wink. With his strength joined with the strength of the Iron Toa, it look little strain for the cart to be moving at a steady, comfortable pace.

“My name is Ra’lhen,” the red and blue Toa said, “Pleasure to meet you, Farzan. You too Kreff”

As they continued pushing, Ra’lhen looked back at Farzan, “So what kind of masterpieces have you been contracted to make? I’m wondering if there new tech that I’ll have to learn on my feet in the coming weeks” 

"Oh, you know, engines of death, machines of woe, tools of destruction, that sort of thing, with an extra dash of careless optimism and Makuta-may-care hijinks"

"If you want any specifics why don't you drop by my workshop once it's set up and all and I'll give you the grand tour."

I said this from where I now sat atop the wagon catching some rays, which was at best a questionable choice in the daylight blaze of Po-Koro.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Ra’lhen chuckled at the Matoran’s response. He certainly had an engaging personality. So far, most people here seemed to be the look-down, keep-everything-in type of people. Farzan must’ve had a really good life.

“I will if I get the chance,” the Toa answered. “I just accepted my position today and there’s so much I have to do to get settled in to this village.

Ra’lhen halted himself from shivering at the thought of taking residence in Po-Koro of all places, living amongst the people he hurt so deeply. But then again, the village was more of a town than just a village as it was in the times of Makuta. Ra’lhen had seen so many faces passing by him that did not seem to recognize the odd-color Vo-Toa. Maybe Ra’lhen’s positive aura was finally revealing some charisma.

Or maybe these people just weren’t around on that night so long ago.