BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Torvoth

"Hey. Hey you. Yeah, I'm talking to you. Wakey wakey!"

Growling angrily, Torvoth forced his eyes open against the bright morning light. The Vortixx mumbled something incomprehensible and fell back against his yellowed pillow. "Buddy, c'mon. Daylight's precious in Xa-Koro. People to do, things to see. I mean, people to see, things to do. Or is that what I meant?" Torvoth finally sat up and turned to his uninvited visitor who happened to be lounging at his door. Not at his door, actually. Inside his door, in his shack, to be precise. That was somewhat bizarre, but after living on Xa-Koro for some time, such things became less and less unexpected. The being was... much more unexpectedly, himself. 

"Hi, me! Good morning! Let's go for an adventure." With that, Torvoth found himself hauled out of bed by himself and propelled out the door. Marching along Xa-Koro's crooked streets, he and himself made for an unassuming sight, given the rest of the mostly criminal denizens of the village. The unlikely duo stopped and Torvoth found himself standing outside of a well-known Xa-Koro bar. 

"In the morning?" He asked himself.

"Oh. I seem to have messed up the time of day. It's alright, gimme a moment." The other Torvoth snapped his fingers and Xa-Koro became enveloped in the loving dark folds of dusk. That seemed fairly bizarre, but also seemed strangely more familiar. "Much better. C'mon, slayer." They entered.

A large Skakdi bouncer glared angrily at them, but let them through and they ended up ordering drinks. "Check out that gal over there," muttered the other Torvoth to Torvoth, indicating a direction with a subtle jut of his chin. Torvoth followed the pointed chin with his eyes until they reached a lovely looking female Vortixx. His eyes opened slightly with realization and they flashed with anger. 

"You wouldn't..."

"Oh, I won't. But you will. You know you shouldn't, but you also know you will."

Torvoth found himself slowly striding towards the other Vortixx and sidling up beside her. He cleared his throat. 

"Excuse me miss, but I can't help but wonder... did it hurt?"

"What?"

"You know, falling from heaven?" 

Her response dissolved as she turned into yet another girl, a slender Ga-Toa with the most gorgeous eyes. "Do you have a map, because I keep getting lost in your eyes..."

She giggled nervously, but otherwise remained silent. Torvoth hated silence, so he was thankful when the Toa changed again. And again. And again. 

"Darling, I'm fairly certain I have the Key to your Nongu."

"I like you a lot, but I've been too shy to say anything."

"Hi there-"

"STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT!" he bellowed, flailing his arms. His current unsuccessful object of interest recoiled as if stung by a Nui-Rama. The other Torvoth smirked and chuckled and snapped his fingers a second time. The bar thankfully faded away and the two (or would it be just one?) Vortixx ended up in Torvoth's shack once again. A lanky Le-Matoran stuck his head through the door. 

"Torvoth? Yeah, I'm here for the Boss. This deal is over. No money for you. Takin' too long. Don't mess up again, or there won't be a second warning." The door slammed.

The black-armored inventor cursed and punched his fist into the wall. He had forgotten how bad it felt to lose a contract, let alone an especially lucrative one. He rushed out after the Matoran, but the messenger was nowhere to be found. Just a handful of low-lifes. And a couple of hand-holding criminal couples, enjoying Xa-Koro's not-so splendid views. He went back inside to find his other self squatting atop the workbench and chuckling quietly.

"Look at all these unfinished designs," not-him said, waving a slender hand at the detritus strewn across the workbench, "You can't get anything done. You can't get your contracts done on time, let alone get yourself a girl. We all saw how well that went. Mata Nui knows what's going on with your other friends. You're a mess." 

"Who are you?" asked Torvoth, with an inkling starting to form in his mind. Friends... he thought to himself. Friends. 

"Me? I'm you. But not the present you. Not all of you." 

"You're... you're my memories. My subconscious - some or all of it? Something like that. These are obviously my memories that I'm running through right now..." the Vortixx trailed off as his other self picked something up from the workbench and examined it, before tossing it across the room to him. He caught it with ease. Now that he held it in his hands, the inventor was very aware of what exactly he carried, and more importantly, what would happen next. 

It was The Judge. The beloved handgun was very different than in its present state: clean, not soot-stained, unmarked, not battered and used, pristine, not completely broken. Glancing at the tiny ammunition counter, he noticed that there was just a single round in the chamber. 

"You know what happens and happened next," came the voice from across the room, almost taunting. Indeed, Torvoth did know what happened next. Slowly, the short Vortixx raised the handgun to his temple. "You had a choice then. You have a choice now."

"You have a choice."

You have a choice.

You have a choice.

BANG. 

OC: This is my first long post and I'm fairly scared. I would really welcome C&C here or via PM. 

• Upvote 2

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

OOC: Mobile post

IC: Savfina

"More than that. A couple years, I think. It's just strange how fast this island changes, shaped by the innovations of its many inhabitants, but I suspect the elemental groupings of each locale are part of the exact nature of change."

She shrugged.

"Just what I was taught. What I continue to study."

IC:

"The elemental whats of what what?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Nameless Po-Koro Medcenter Doctor (stand-in for Torvoth)

"So," he said, glancing at the Toa burying his face in his hands. "If you want to make any last good-byes, now would be a fairly good time." With that, he strode out of the waiting room and opened the door, holding it open with an inviting glance at Ardoku. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

IC: Nameless Po-Koro Medcenter Doctor (stand-in for Torvoth)

"We've done all we could for him. It's up to him now, and bio-mechanically speaking, it's simply not feasible for him to survive. He probably won't be able to hear you or notice you..." he paused and coughed quietly as they arrived at the threshold of Torvoth's room. "I'll leave you two be," he said to the Plasma Toa, before walking away.

Torvoth lay stiffly, completely unmoving atop the surgical slab. For the first time in anyone's memory, Torvoth also happened to be not wearing his trademark battered Kadin-helmet. Glazed eyes stared into the ceiling from a stoic face. Some of his armor had been removed for surgical procedures, leaving bare hydraulics and muscle tissue visible in certain places. The only thing doing any real activity at all was the Vortixx's heartlight, slowly and dimly pulsing on his chest. Slower and dimmer with every pulse. 

Slower and dimmer until it stopped. 

IC: Ardoku

He had been too late. He hadn't managed to bring Torvoth under medical care in time. And now, he watched as the final ounces of life faded from him, until the heartlight seemed to simply give up.

There he stood, right by Torvoth's side, watching as a person he had only for a short time thought of as a friend die. After Ardoku's caretaker had passed away, leaving him only his mask and his sword, Torvoth had been the only person to show even the remotest interest in him. And now he was gone as well.

As the young toa of plasma sat down on a chair in the room, teardrops escaped from his eyes and down the cheeks of his mask. But he did not weep for Torvoth. On the inside, he felt only emptiness.

The black-armored hand was fairly unremarkable for a hand. Like any other hand, it was composed of metal and muscle. In this case, only metal was visible. This particular metal was, as mentioned earlier, black, but also chipped, scratched, and slightly scorched in a couple of places. What was remarkable about this slender hand is not its form, but what it did. 

Slowly but surely, servomotors and muscle, bonded together by the impossible forces that forged them, moved. The hand silently clenched into a fist. 

Ardoku wept quietly, but eventually seemed prepared to leave. As he stood up, still shaken, a gauntleted hand grasped his wrist with surprising strength.

"I've made my choice."

Edited by Wazdakka

"Well, you have to think about why the villages were separated as they were when Mata Nui was first settled - why mainly Ga-Matoran grouped together to form the village of water, Ta-Matoran; the village of fire... and so on. Each Koro is so different from the next. There are immense carvings here, in Po-Koro. The fiery-spirited citizens of Ta-Koro live above a lake of fire... The elements are everything to our civilization. They shape us."

She took a moment to breathe.

"There's just so much more to it. If we could only decipher the Spectrum, then we'd have one of the greatest insights into the true nature of the elements..."

"I've made my choice," I repeated, slowly turning my head to look at Ardoku. I was going to try to explain myself, but then I abruptly noticed that surprise and grief were written all over the Toa of Plasma's face. 

"Wait. You-" Despite my best efforts, somehow I couldn't choke out the words.

"You cared."

IC: Erike & Samera

City of Stone! The Stone! The Stone! Little...Stone...Matoran. Why have we come?

"To seek work, our fortunes, and anything else that will shut you up." Erike muttered, pulling the hood tight over his face. The Po-Wahi heat was near unbearable, and wearing this hood didn't help things at all. At least it did keep the sun off.

Energy. I provide. Help. Help. Heat kills. Energy lives. Samera boasted in his mind. She had been doing this for a good day or so as Erike heading to Po-Koro. Taunted him with the energy she could give him to get there faster. Energy and power.

Erike shook his head and ignored the creature. He name it "Samera" after an ex-girlfriend years ago for being the same; clingy, demanding, and a bit annoying. Unfortunately, with this Samera, he couldn't just up and leave it. He was stuck with her for the rest of his days.

That thought he could ignore; he couldn't ignore Samera.

City! Distance! Closer! she cried in his head. Erike looked up from the desert floor. Samera was right: There, maybe less than a day's walk, was Po-Koro. City of Stone. He smiled a little, and walked faster.

• Upvote 1

Noticing that I was still hanging on to Ardoku's wrist like some kind of vise, I finally relaxed my grasp. "I made my choice," I repeated for what must have been the umpteenth time. 

"You see, I'm not all me. Rather, I'm not all of who I used to be, but I'm definitely still me."

Ardoku's response was a confused, but certainly irritated silent glare.

"Okay. This is hard to explain. This isn't the first time I've been on the brink of death, in one way or another. As it would happen, both times I turned myself away from the brink. I once considered offing myself, and as I swam through my memories while I was out cold, I turned the tables and busted a cap in that part of me."

The Toa gestured at the sad remains of my handgun that lay in a sack at the foot of my bed. "I busted a metaphorical cap while in my memories. Happy now? That said, just like me, I don't think I can keep myself (himself? itself?) down for good. For now, it's a whole new chapter in my life."

I looked my Toa companion straight in the eye as I said, "Thank you."

He felt like cheering. They had made it to the gates of Po-Koro without falling over dead from the heat. Some achievement.

"Shut up Sam." Erike growled to the parasite on his neck. "We made it. Now we can start looking for something to do. Keep us content."

Kill. We kill. Fun. That's an achievement.

Erike ignored her that time and trudged into the village. Somebody would need a doctor here. Seems like somebody was always hurting.

OOC: Erike & Samera open for interaction.

IC:Nyhrax

Nyhrax had returned to sitting atop the walls, teleporting from place to place with her Kualsi. As she looked around, she spotted someone walking through the gates. Looked tired. Thirsty, probably.

Mata Nui did nobody on this island know how to deal with a desert?

Granted, she was a Po-Toa who could easily cross long distances with her mask, but still, it was unbelievable how many people stumbled through the gate drier than a stone under a focus lense. If they stumbled through at all. Her mask lighting up again, she teleported in front of the newcomer.

"Hey, haven't seen you around here before. Need a drink? You look thirsty." She drew her canteen, offering it to them.

OOC: Howdy Erike

• Upvote 1

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

OOC: Just to clarify: Samera, the Parakuka(?) on his neck? Is not visible with his hood up...which is almost always.

Erike blinked at the sudden appearance of a Toa in front of him. Samera giggled in his head at the reaction, I am not surprised.

Erike ignored the slug and took the canteen quickly, taking a long drink. He parted from it with a sigh of relief and handed it back to the female. "Thanks stranger." he said, panting softly. "I didn't plan this trip too well."

I could have told you that.

She smiled, putting her now mostly empty canteen back in its place, before putting her hands on her hips.

"You look it. If you need anything, just gimme a wave. I'm usually on the walls." She pointed over her shoulder at one of her many perches.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

Erike nodded and thanked her. He was about to step away, but paused and turned. "Do you know if there is any great need for a doctor in Po-Koro? Any extra help of any sort? Or even, Mata Nui help me, a place on a boat at the harbor?"

Samera giggled at the base of skull. Father will help all Matoran. Father will.

"Well, you have to think about why the villages were separated as they were when Mata Nui was first settled - why mainly Ga-Matoran grouped together to form the village of water, Ta-Matoran; the village of fire... and so on. Each Koro is so different from the next. There are immense carvings here, in Po-Koro. The fiery-spirited citizens of Ta-Koro live above a lake of fire... The elements are everything to our civilization. They shape us."

She took a moment to breathe.

"There's just so much more to it. If we could only decipher the Spectrum, then we'd have one of the greatest insights into the true nature of the elements..."

IC:

"Maybe," Peho found himself mumbling, hands on his hips, staring down at the sandy ground as he followed the Turaga. "But nowadays, all sorts of people are in the villages. Ta-Matoran in Le-Koro ... Ga-Matoran in Onu-Koro ... Skakdi and Vortixx all over. Wouldn't that change something?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"Well, we do have a functioning hospital, but from what I've seen its pretty heavy around people who pass out from dehydration and things like that. I guess it's always nice to know there's another doctor who's good at other things." She shrugged, gesturing to the building.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Nyhrax scratched the back of her head.

"Hate to break it to you, but most of the settlements have a functioning hospital, to my knowledge. Unless you're up for the 'wandering doctor' kind of deal, you're not gonna have a lot of luck in that."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Samera guffawed in his head. Loser. Kill the doctor. Need new doctor. You new doctor.

Erike grunted in anger. "I need to make a change somewhere. I need to make....some mark of good!" He clenched his fists. "What about ships? Is there any crew out there missing a surgeon aboard?"

Nyhrax shifted a little, and scratched her shoulder. She was getting uncomfortable.

"I mean, to my knowledge ship doctors aren't exactly commonplace, so you could give it a try. The...the train, the Iron Mahi. Goes to...Forsi, I think it is. That's a port town, I think."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

OOC: From Ga-Wahi.

IC: Kadon - Somewhere in the Po-Wahi Desert

I had made a mistake.

The heat was oppressive and it felt as if the sun was beating down on my head, making me regret that I had ever given up that coastal shade tree I had stolen from Drome. Distant objects shimmered, making the horizon ceaselessly dance as I trudged through the sand. The sand. It was everywhere. It was under my armor constantly, and I could feel the cursed stuff gritting in my teeth. Back in Ga-Wahi, the sand had been warm and soft and inviting; here, it was torturous. How an entire village survived here was beyond me.

I turned to Drome. "Alright, new plan. We go back to Ga-Wahi, live in debt for the rest of our lives, and never, EVER come back to this Mata-Nui-forsaken pile of sand again."

OOC: Also from Ga-Wahi

IC: Drome

Kadon had made a mistake.

I knew it. Kadon had gotten us totally lost yet again. It really shouldn't have come as a surprise, but for some reason I had put just a sliver of faith in his ability to lead us somewhere without getting horribly lost in the desert to die. Now i was stuck here in the desert heat, with the sand constantly sliding around beneath me. I'm a large guy, my armor weighs a lot. Trying to walk on sand may be the most annoying thing I've even done.

Nah, working with Kadon is the most annoying. Though having sand inside my armor would be pretty close. I didn't want to even breath because ever time I did, some of the sand found its way into my mouth. It was like taking a trip through Karzahni with a blind tour guide,

Looking over at the idiot, a smirked. "Sounds like a plan to me. If i ever see a desert again, it'll be too soon."

Turning around, I noticed something. The same wind that had been throwing sand into my face had left us a parting shot. The way we had been walking, our footprints, had vanished anywhere farther than about a dozen paces back. You could see traces beyond that, but even those vanished into the sea of sand.

"So... you know the way back?"

Edited by The Dark Chronicler
  • Upvote 1

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

Nyhrax shifted a little, and scratched her shoulder. She was getting uncomfortable.

"I mean, to my knowledge ship doctors aren't exactly commonplace, so you could give it a try. The...the train, the Iron Mahi. Goes to...Forsi, I think it is. That's a port town, I think."

Erike shrugged his shoulders. "Thanks." he muttered, walking away from the wall Toa. A ton of traveling just to go nowhere in reality. Shoulda stayed in Ta-Koro. Samera whispered.

"Shoulda never met you." He retorted. Hospital was ahead like the wall Toa pointed out. Best try in there, see if he could do anything. But he was going to have to move on. He didn't want to be another cog in the great machine of the Koros. He wanted to make a mark of good. Do something with what life he had left.

IC:Arvas

Yeah, no, she hadn't smoked before. With a sigh, he handed her the canteen again.

"Drink the rest, you sound like a broken vacuum cleaner." He commented.

"Just making sure, we're gonna be fighting Rahkshi."

IC: Volin

"The karz is a vacuum cleaner?" I asked, but I brushed it off with another question. "You guys got any experience dealing with Rahkshi?"

"Personally, no, although I've seen a couple parts, when they were making them into those robots, so I have a rough idea of what they look like."

He answered with a shrug. Then he registered Volin's other question.

"Oh, sorry. A device a Air Toa friend of mine made some time back. Uses vacuums to pull dust and dirt off floors. He didn't consider the idea not everyone was a Toa of Air, so his idea didn't get far."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

"Nah, Ta myself. He just traveled a lot. Haven't seen him in a while."

Arvas looked over at where he last saw the others.

"Anyone else get the feeling this robot is gonna be a liability in the long run?"

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

IC: Volin

"Maybe," I mumbled, taking a thoughtful drag of my cig. "You haven't seen Rahkshi in action yet, so lemme give you a piece of advice: when it's showtime, you're gonna want all the help you can get. Those ####ers eat Toa for breakfast, and I'd rather have an old woman in a faulty mech suit have my back than have to fight one of 'em by myself."

I tapped the ashes off to the side.

"Still, I might have to reconsider that statement if we have to make another stop for fuel or repairs. We've been sitting here forever."