BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:Arvas

"Just watch as it runs dry mid-fight." Arvas chuckled. "But yeah, I see your point. But even so," he raised his hands, no fingers raised.

"Me, you and Ona here." He raised three fingers, and gesturing to Onamazu with his elbow.

"Guitar girl, Rannin...the big one. Peho, right?" Three more fingers.

"The mech lady. Ilyin, but I'm not sure he could do too much, if I'm hearing about Rahkshi right." Two more.

"That's eight. Eight people. That's seven backing everyone else up. That seems decent to me." Arvas shrugged, putting his hands down.

"Look at us, the Toa...I dunno. Toa Incompetent."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Savfina

She pointed to a hanging sign, attached to a series of large, connected buildings.

"That's the Engineering Division's insignia, if I believe."

Passing through the front door, she was met by a receptionist who was already in a bit of a heated discussion with one of the engineers.

Clearing her throat, the receptionist refocused her attention on the three who had just entered.

"Apologies. Welcome to the Po-Koro Engineering Department. How may I help you?"

"I'm in need of a certain piece of equipment. Would you happen to have any... what are they called? Portable generators. Yes, one of those. Something relatively small that can generate a fair amount of power."

"Well, yes, we've been developing some smaller generators like that, but I'm not certain that our engineers are willing to sell them just yet. May I ask what you need it for?"

"I recently acquired one of those... Exo-Matoran, I believe he called them. Right - an Exo-Matoran. It's run out of power, and it's dead weight unless-"

"An Exo-Matoran?!" exclaimed the engineer whom the receptionist had been speaking with, now peeking out from behind a doorway.

"Um, yes. as I said, it's out of-"

"Where did you get it?!"

"Well, um, the Onu-Koronan engineers have been developing them. I was able to acqu-"

"Where is it?! I must see it!"

"Well, that's the problem - I can't move it. It's out of power. Hence why I need the generator."

Before she could finish that sentence, the engineer darted off further into the building.

"Hey! She said the Onu guys built Exo-Matoran! Yeah! No, not here!"

Savfina returned her attention back to the receptionist.

"Perhaps we could work something out. I'm sure they'd want to have a look at my machine in exchange for a generator, no?"

"Well, I'd have to clear it with-"

"Taxxin! Bring out the generator! No, not the fusa-powered one! Yes, that one!"

The Po-Turaga smiled. "Sounds good to me."

- - - - -

Several minutes later, the Turaga and two Toa were walking back to the train station, accompanied by a small army of engineers, hauling the portable generator on a cart, plus an assortment of pencils and paper.

She looked around the train station, in hopes of seeing one of the others they had met before - hopefully they hadn't run off.

"Where's that Fe-Toa?" she muttered, scanning the area for Rannin. "The one who said he'd carry the Exo-Matoran to the station for me?"

"Our navigator somehow mistook north for south and none of us attempted to correct his error, one of our number passed out from dehydration. We utterly failed to account for the mech's battery until it was flat in deserttown sunville, when we could have turned around, recharged it in Onu and then gone to Ta. I'm not calling you incompetent, we all made mistakes." Arvas pointed out.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Kadon - Somewhere in Po-Wahi

"Of course I know the way back! We just have to follow our footprints!" I said, confidently turning around. Then, I noticed what Drome had already seen: The desert winds had swept them away, leaving the desert terrifyingly blank.

I fell to my knees, burying my face in my hands. So, this was it. My saga would end here. I would be buried by the dunes, my body picked clean by vultures, my bones bleached by the merciless sun! I would simply be gone, forever forgotten, with no legacy to leave behind but a crushing debt and annoyed hospital officials. How cruel could this world be, taking me before my time?

Oh, yeah, and Drome would die too.

I supposed that I would have to inform him of our inevitable demises, seeing as how I had doubtlessly come to the realization before him. "We are going to DIE!"

• Upvote 1

IC: Drome

So, this is the end, is it? Trapped out in the burning heat with only my greatest foe to keep me company. Was this the way that the mighty Drome was going to die? This shameful excuse for a death? No, no it was not. I hadn't traded away everything I was for this. I hadn't become as awesome as i was just to die in the blazing heat of the Po-Wahi sun. I was a Hero, and heroes never die until the final act!

I'd climbed into the ring with a drunken Tarakava and came out alive. I'd fought a team of other Toa and came out alive. I'd run into a hive of Nui-Rama and came out alive. I'd been on the edge of death in a hospital and came out alive. I'd worked with Kadon this long and hadn't killed myself yet. I wasn't going to die to some weak little glowball in the sky. "WE ARE THE COOLEST KARZING TOA TO HAVE EVER LIVED AND THIS IS NOT HOW WE AM GOING TO DIE!"

"WE ARE GOING TO DIE FIGHTING EACH OTHER IN BLOODY BATTLE, NOT LYING ON THE SAAAAAAAAAND!"
I shouted, grabbing up the kneeling Kadon and throwing him over my shoulder. A look of determination crossed my face as i used this second wind to charge across the burning sand. Where once I was tripping, now I had the grace of that drunken Tarakava.

I swear, the lizard was cheating.

I still had no idea where I was going. But I was going to get there IN RECORD TIME!
"RAAAAAGH!"

I think I've been in the sun a little too long.

• Upvote 2

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Erike & Samera

Po-Koro was a bust. Ta-Koro was a bust. Ga-Koro was a bust. He punched the wall of the village, swearing loudly. He didn't know if he had months left, or years. He knew what the parasite did to him though; he'd seen it before.

Back when they first spread across the island, he had a friend get infected with one. He didn't resist the creature's energy. He loved it, used it, and ultimately, became abused by it. Erike grimaced. He remembered seeing his body, all drained and weak. The worm had sucked everything out of him and left him for dead. "I don't want to go like that." he muttered to the wall.

How do you want to go? Samera whispered, Like Hero? Save Matoran and die? How? No difference. You die.

Erike punched the wall again.

"Hey! You! Stop that!"

Erike looked up and saw a Sentinel yelling at him from up on the wall. Erike waved a hand at him and walked off. Shoulda killed him too. Military doesn't know....anything.

"The military does their job. The Matoran here appreciate them." Erike growled back.

Sounds like we have a plan then.

Erike could help but grin. "Yes, yes it looks like we do have a plan."

Edited by FallenAtlas

OOC:

Hey y'all! I'm back again, of a sorts. Due to priorities and operations relating to a strange dimension called, of all things, 'Reality', my BZPower activity will be somewhat less, and limited as of now to Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and sometimes weekends. Maybe.

Geardirector knows all the details, but don't ask him; ask me if for some odd reason you actually want to know. :P

And now....

IC:

Rhea Heartsflame didn't have much to say, aside from a few terse comments as necessity (and the inexplicable actions of Dorian Shaddix) dictated. By and large, she'd given up talking just about the same time the group left Po-Koro. She remained physically alert and aware as ever, but a glazed layer of fatigue and withdrawal had fallen into place behind her deep green eyes and it wasn't shifting.

And maybe it couldn't. She wasn't sure. And dimly, the thought registering through a sort of nauseous haze, she realized she was just a bit too weak to do anything but note the possibility.

She just wanted to shut down and let it all wash on by. Not feeling. Not thinking. Nothing at all.

When she moved, it was with brittle precision. When one of Dorian's long-lost lovers showed up from somewhere, she wasn't even startled. She just nodded faintly in general compliance with the making and returning of introductions and murmured, "Name's Rhea. Pleased to meet you."

There was nothing else to say, whether of this incident specifically, or of the wider horizon-to-horizon reality in general. She suspected no one cared, and she herself least of all... only she did care.

Trouble was, she cared too much.

The night came, its rich purple and orange burning a vivid flame across the empty desert sky and deepening swiftly into dark indigo and then into a star-silvered velvet blackness. Elysi's campfire burned, breaking down into peaceful coals, the red glow shifting with the warmth against the evening chill that always stalks a wasteland's midday heat.

She situated her faithful old military surplus bedroll at the edge of darkness, placing her weapons and knapsack carefully within reach, and clambered wearily into its patched, well-worn embrace.

Far, far away, the patient yap and howl of some desert scavenger sounded, and then again. Then all was silence, and the low indistinct voices of a few who lingered near the fire, or busied themselves with the last vestiges of a lukewarm supper.

And gradually, the white-armored green-eyed firebrand bounty hunter who was far, far too young for the road she'd chosen, slipped into a fitful, troubled sleep.

Her dreams were an ugly thing.

Edited by Shadowhawk

IC: Kadon- Somewhere in Po-Wahi, slung over Drome's shoulder

As I knelt in the sand, it felt as though the fragments of my shattering dreams were cascading down around me, like a taunting, cold rain in the burning desert. I was doing my best to ignore Drome's incoherent shouting- unlike him, I would face the end with dignity! I could feel death closing in already, rushing across the sands like some dark tide, intent on sweeping me away. It was as if I could hear it thundering across the sands- which was a considerable feat, considering the sheer volume of Drome's yelling and failing to accept the inevitable.

My head sunk lower into my hands. Slowly, I was accepting my fate.

Right about then, Drome picked me up and slung me over his shoulder, charging across the desert.

My first reaction was shock. A confused expression flashed across my face, followed by one of outrage. I had accepted my fate! I had resigned to Death's cold grip! I had been noble and poetic and calm, and then Drome had ruined it all! My second reaction was fear: As Drome stormed through the otherwise serene desert, I was bouncing up and down perilously close to his shoulder spikes.

Though I doubted it would register with the great lump, who was careening through the dunes like a boulder smashing down a mountainside, I decided to voice my concerns over being impaled on Drome's shoulder: "DROME YOU MORON PUT ME DOWN BEFORE YOU KILL ME!"

• Upvote 1

"SHUT UP KADON I'M TRYING TO NOT DIE!"

Kadon was shouting something but I could barely hear him. At the moment, all I could hear was DETERMINATION. At this point, I doubted that even the desert could slow me down. I was on the warpath. You hear that sand? I WILL DESTROY YOU!

Oh right. Holding Kadon near my bladed shoulders probably wasn't a good idea. As funny as kadon being killed by the spikes would be, I couldn't fight him to the death if he was already dead. Well, I could, but I would need to find a Toa with a Tryna to bring him back to life and even then it wouldn't really be him but instead a mindless puppet. Wait, no difference then.

Sighing, I slowed myself down to a walk, lowering Kadon face-first onto the sand.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

I sighed with relief as Drome lowered me to the relative safety of the desert sands, then screamed as the buffon put me down face-first. The sand, which had already doomed me to a grim fate of death by dehydration, was now in my eyes.

I leapt up, trembling with outrage as tears streamed down my cheeks. Sparks popped into and out of being in the air around me as my temper flared and I furiously rubbed at my eyes. "For Mata-Nui's sake, Drome!" I yelled. "What is wrong with you?! It isn't bad enough that I'm going to die, is it? No, you just have to go and rub it in- LITERALLY!" Out of sheer frustration, I kicked some sand in his direction; it was a futile gesture, given that my vision had become a smear of tan and blue with an annoying orange-and-teal smudge in the middle, but it made me feel better somehow. Then, I turned to my other major grievance.

"Give up, Drome! It's over! We're done! We are going to DIE in th accursed desert! It's inevitable! So just quit and let me die in peace!" That said, I flung myself down upon the sand.

Not my proudest moment, to be sure. But, in my defense, I was having a very bad day.

"Hey, it's not my fault. I just let you slide and let gravity chose your landing. Apparently gravity thinks you have a massive head too." I chuckled weakly, watching Kadon pouting on the sand like a spoiled little kid who didn't get his way. It was the most pathetic that I had even seen the annoyance ever act. Even in defeat, he'd been better than this. But to just give up?

"No." It was time to teach him a lesson that he would never forget. "Nothing is inevitable, if you don't let it happen."

"You've letting your inner loser win, and I think what's wrong with that is pretty apparent." My greatest foe, ready to just curl up and die before the sun. Sickening. Seeing such a determined warrior changed into such a mess infuriated me. "You need to shove that loser back down and let out your inner bad###."

I stared out into the distant sands, the bleak oblivion, and grinned a vicious smirk. "Kadon, life doesn't give you any breaks, it just keeps throwing on weight until you collapse beneath it all. You either take the weight and surrender or try to ignore the weight. Neither work in the end. I found out a long time ago that the third option is the only one worth taking."

Leaning down to look Kadon right in his sad little pathetic giving up face, I spoke. "When life looks at you and expects you to collapse, you look back, spit in its face, and say 'More weight'."

Turning and walking away, I finished. "Now, you can come with me and live, or die the weak pathetic person I always knew you were."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Kadon- Somewhere in Po-Wahi

At first, I ignored Drome. Who did he think he was, some sort of philosopher? The last thing I wanted to hear was Drome droning on about how I should die my death. I even managed to hold back my temper when he threw in his little insult- If it was the last thing I ever did, which was seeming more and more possible, I wasn't going to let Drome win.

Then, it dawned on me.

If, just if, Drome beat the odds and survived, and I died... then he would win. He would be right and I would be wrong; my last action on this island would be allowing the great lump of a Toa to claim the last victory. And that was the one thing I could not do.

I stood up. "Fine," I muttered, "'more weight' or whatever. Besides, I'm not going to die with you."

IC: Cadmus (somewhere in Po-Wahi)

Well, that was awkward.

Stumbling in on a pair of idiots is usually a fairly common occurrence on this confounded island. I can't even count how many times I've accidently walked in on a group of religious nutbags, or a fun house full of drunken ninnies. Maybe that's just my poor luck, but I've seen it all, I swear to god. I've been almost everywhere on this island. I've been in a lot of strange places, seen a lot of peculiar things...

But this was exceptionally weird.

There were these two Toa, alright? One big and one small, out in the middle of the ####### desert with no ####### clue what was going on. I mean, I get the fact that Po-Wahi isn't the easiest to navigate, but seriously...

So these guys were really hashing it out. Not with physical violence, but with words. They were arguing about the fact that they were lost, clearly at the point of complete mental deterioration. First, the little guy was being ridiculously over-dramatic, groveling in the sand and #### while simultaneously rambling on about how they were gonna die in the desert heat. He had electric blue armor with lime green as the secondary hue.

Now the bigger guy didn't accept this conclusion, obviously, due to the fact that he promptly scooped up the scrawny Toa in his powerful arms and made a run for it.

I waited until the sounds of their yelling voices disappeared over a sand dune, then continued my gait. I was grumbling curses at this point. My sleek black dress pants were getting completely soiled by this ###### sand. Christ.

I reached the crest of the dune...

OOC: Heyyy that's you guys, TDC and Cadias!

Edited by Requiem

I had just successfully turned my mortal enemy away from resigning  himself to death. I was a master of psychology. When I finished my book trilogy, the readers would be just amazed at this astounding feat as they would be at my grand battle against the jungle itself. in fact, I might even make it the cliffhanger ending of the second book. It was too good an opportunity to miss. The time when I had defeated Kadon so hard even his cynicism had lost would live in fame eternally.

To be honest though, the feeling was more of one of relief than it was any sense of pride. As much as I hated it, Kadon was the only person on this whole karzing island I knew I could trust. Losing him to the desert would mean I'd have to find another friend. And after this, it probably wasn't worth the effort.

Seeing Kadon stand, I put an arm around his shoulder, looking towards him with probably one of the most serious expressions he'd seen out of me. "Try that again and I'll make sure I finish you long before the desert does."

Letting go, I noticed a speck coming over a nearby dune. "Hey Kadon..."

"Maybe they have..."

"Water."

OOC: Hiya Requiem!

Edited by The Dark Chronicler

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: Hey Requiem! Thanks for the interaction! =)

IC: Kadon - Currently not dying somewhere in Po-Wahi

When Drome threw his arm over my shoulders and threatened to kill me, it was more unsettling than the empty desert had been a moment earlier. He said it without any barb or taunt embedded in it, with this look on his face that I had rarely, if ever, seen before: Absolute, dead seriousness. Suddenly, dying in the baking sun seemed a lot less frightening than it had just a few seconds ago- which was the point, I suppose. Drome, evidently, didn't have much patience for my pessimism.

Of course, why would he care if I died? Hadn't he tried to end my earthly existence before? Although.... if I died, what would Drome do? More importantly, if Drome died, what would I do?

Fortuitously, my thoughts were interrupted by Drome, who had (for once) made a halfway decent observation: Someone was approaching, and they might have life-saving water.

As I smiled and waved at the stranger, hope welled up inside me. We were saved! The desert wouldn't claim us after all! Then, I realized something, something that swiftly crushed my dreams.

"... You think he just so happens to have enough water for three?"

Edited by Cadias

The others approached. With the mech and a small army of joyous engineers. Hm. Arvas pushed off the side of the bench.

"They're here. Finally."

IC:Derius

Derius was relatively sure he knew where the Engineering Department was. His vision locked onto a certain street. That-a-way.

"This way, I'm fairly sure." He took off.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Derius was relatively sure he knew where the Engineering Department was. His vision locked onto a certain street. That-a-way.

"This way, I'm fairly sure." He took off.

IC: Elkau - Po-Koro

"Well I guess this should get me somewhere in this place"

He grumbled whilst following the toa. 

Edited by masterchirox580

It's time to move on.

"No..."

I knew that one person wouldn't be carrying enough water for that many people, it would just be a stupid thing to do and weigh them down unnecessarily. They'd have enough water for themselves only.

"But we might be able to make it last for two."

Looking at Kadon with a nod, I starting trying to charge up the sand slope in the onlooker's direction. Probably not the best idea to think much about violence when suffering from desert heat delirium.  You can never tell what you'll do.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

I sighed a little as Drome charged up the dune, intent on stealing the newcomer's water. Taking someone's water in the middle of the desert didn't sit entirely well with me, but I'd had a long day. Up till recently, I was pretty sure that I was going to die. I was admittedly desperate. And when you're desperate, and it's you or them, you do things that don't sit entirely well with you.

I followed Drome, walking quickly. I wasn't entirely sure we needed to rob whoever that was- I mean, for all I knew, Po-Koro could be just over the next dune. But if Drome was bent on getting himself into a fight, I'd probably have to back him up. Someone had to save the poor fool every now and again.

IC:

"Oh ####..."

Well, the quality entertainment had come to an abrupt end, seeing as the big guy (I think he'd been referred to previously as Drome) was charging toward me at full tilt up the hill. His expression wasn't necessarily angry... In fact, I wasn't quite sure what that expression was....

Wait...

Was it hunger?

Oh my god. What. The. ####. Is. Going. On.

I couldn't help but feel a little bit afraid. I mean this was one big mother ######. I was used to being the biggest of the bunch as far as brawn goes. This Drome dude looked hungry though, hungry for my flesh. It was ####### terrifying.

So, naturally I got the #### out of the way. I sidestepped and threw myself into a roll, hoping to dodge the onslaught in time to reassess the situation and get ready for a fist fight.

IC:

"Yeah, I don't think I've ever been on a train either...."

In fact, there had been a lot of things that Peho Eniblad had never done, and as he walked up onto the platform, he found himself wondering if going on a train would the first of many new things he'd experience while on the hunt for Rahkshi.

Given just how bizarre that day had turned out, his mind was echoing a resounding yes.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Erike & Samera

Erike swore. Samera laughed.

They were lost. Every building looked the same; stone, brown, dusty, and filled with brown and dusty Matoran. Directions were the same as well. "Take a left at the brown building two brown buildings down, and take another left at the pile of dust and rock and heat and misery that this village provides."

"Well. Frick."

OOC: Erike & Samera OFI

The musician and the big one were walking onto the main platform.

If that meant getting on the train sooner rather than later, he had no intent of staying here.

Pushing off the bench and taking his canteen, he followed them up.

"We going soon? Believe it or not, the sun hasn't been as relaxing as it's cracked up to be."

Seemingly having forgotten the Vortixx following in his trail, the over-active Su-Toa swerved from side to side, dodging people, wagons and the Ussals that pulled them. "Biggest building next to Sentinel HQ. Righto." He mumbled to himself, hand wrapping around the paper in his pocket to ensure he still had it. As he briskly paced along, his eyes scanned then buildings.

Nope...nada...nil...

There. Derius took a sharp turn and approached a building. Yep. Pretty clearly the Engineering Department. He approached the guards with a warm smile(one which rarely left Derius' face for long) and showed them the paper, and, unsurprisingly, they let him in.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles