BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:Arvas

He gave a short, dismissive wave. "Nah, I'm fine, don't smoke." He looked back in the direction of Savfina's ten-minute mech.

"Hope they get that mech going again quick, Po-Koro isn't as fun as it sounds. Too hot." He grumbled, pulling out his canteen, taking a sip. He held it out in Volin and Onamazu's direction.

"Drink?" He offered.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC:

Mother###### temples.

Not only are these things a slog and a half to get through, but they're the same. After Avier cracked open the pillar we'd discovered in the center auditorium of the Temple of Creation, we'd followed the tunnel that the obelisk had disguised down into an arid set of catacombs. Sand and old limestone dust would sneak its way into our inhales and send us coughing out our exhales. We'd killed so many foreign bat Rahi that my arm was bat blood up to the elbow. And what's more? What did we discover at the end of this quiet trek? Were we even rewarded with something as monotony breaking as a spear trap? Perhaps a floor puzzle? 

Nope!

Another ######-blasting pillar built atop a tunnel!

And then another!

Ancient Mata Nuians must have gone to the 'making an omelette' school of ###### temple design.

Let's make things clear, this has not been a fun field trip for the Magic School ######s. I'm covered in oil, blood, dust, I'm getting hoarse, my breathing is getting congested, and my lips are cracking. MY LIPS ARE CRACKING! And not only have I not found the slightest trace of Joske Nimil's over-tightened glutes, I think I've actively overshot any place anyone's ever been in this temple. And what has the intrepid reformed assassin earned for his plight? The desire to #####ing take his revolver out, fondle it as phallically as he can, and fire off a round into the ##### of whoever ####### thought it was a good idea to ####### a ########### temple in ######## before ######### ###### my Protosteel freaking fingers and #################

I'm calm. I'm zoned. Granted, if I still had a Mark, I would be able to lift off into flight, barrel through the roof of this temple, and then tug my ####### until I covered this entire ###### eyesore with #############################

But I'm calm.

Calm. Calm. Calm...and, as I convinced myself I was growing calmer and calmer, I managed to catch sight of the walls.

"Do you see these?" I asked the group, managing to string an entire question along without breaking into a hacking cough.

There was silence as various members of the group used their elemental powers to try and illuminate our path, but it was Rhea's bodyguard - Toothy Ciph - who spoke, without so much as a spark of light.

"Carvings," he said bluntly.

Carvings. Things weren't as featureless this far down as I'd thought. But why not? There was nothing down here that justified the ###### I'd gone through today.

"You have good night vision," Zelvin noted.

"Try fighting a Toa of Shadow without it." Cipher snorted, Avier outright laughed, and Sola oohed, After that, there was no more talk for a long while.

While we walked, I had plenty of time to think to myself on the carvings Nero (whoops, I remembered his name and didn't even remember it) and I had eyed up. I wasn't in any mood to get particularly close to them; these parts of the temple were older than any of us, even Zelvin, and I had no doubt that anything I saw wasn't going to make sense. What begged the question was who had built down this far in the first place, and...why? There were scraps of technology, sure - a launcher here, old sword there, stuff you'd expect a warrior to be buried with - but why catacombs this deep, so far away from any known village, past or present? I was starting to wonder whether it was worth a look at the carvings after all, just in case there was a shot that they'd act as a light--

"At the end of the tunnel!" Sola Fulminea exclaimed, pointing forward. 

...She had to stop ###### doing that.

...Buuuut...

...she was right. At the end of the tunnel, the hallway tapered and thinned down to a small, circular antechamber, empty save for a stall in the center. It was a small little thing, not unlike something you'd find in the actual market at Po-Koro - but where they were roughshod at best, overflowing with wares and crappily put together, this stall was empty, and carved out of old, hard stone that had stood the test of time better than anything I'd seen in this temple. On the stall's counter was an iStone.

Ten breaths caught in ten chests. Rhea Heartsflame cursed under her breath; Mar murmured something to his Kavinika. 

An iStone?

"Dor..." Ciph started.

"I know."

"You gonna go press buttons on it and see what happens?"

"Yeeup."

"Gonna curse at it if nothing happens?"

"Yeeup. Might curse at it if something does."

"And you and your dumb bravado, I'm guessing this is something you want to do strutting in all by yourself."

"Yeeup."

"Figured," Compassrose snorted, falling in step alongside me as I stalked through the final corridor.

"Take me to your leader."

found...

"What was that, Ciph?"

"Didn't say anything."

"But I just heard..."

found...

"Yeah, exactly."

"...What are you hearing? I've just got a...buzz. In my eardrum. Like it's waterlogged. You're hearing a voice?"

Oh, ###### me, I forgot where we were. A temple. This must be the spooky ######.

When I turned on the iStone, a login screen like you'd expect out of any other tablet blinked to life in front of the two of us. I shared a look at Ciph and keyed in the first name that I thought a spooky anachronistic computer at the center of the earth would want to hear.

>Joske Nimil?

Sure, I guess.

>PLEASE CONFIRM

"What do I say?"

"You can think yourself out of this one, thank you very much. Mata Nui, it's never dull with you around."

I placed my three prosthetic fingertips on my throat, cleared it a couple times, and gave it a whack.

"Dear Diary. I don't know how to start things off besides the obvious - I had that weird dream about Dorian again last night. You know, the one where we were swimming in Ga-Koro and someone stole our clothes, and we had to use our hands to cover each other on the way back to the village. I don't get it, Diary. I-It's not like I'm in...love with him or anything! Baka!"

>Denied.

"Says who!?"

"Yeah, says who!?" Sola piped up from down the tunnel.

found...found at last, but...no...no...wrong, wrong, all wrong

"Uhhh, that impersonation was on point. A little nasally, earnest, still smooth...I have the best rookie athlete impersonation on the planet. Where the ###### are you?"

"Right here. And I didn't say anything about your impersonation."

"Not you, the voice I thought was you. The ######--"

temple...

"Yeah, the temple."

b l i n k

"Oh no."

not the gatekeeper...not he who came before...why? who comes?

"...Uhh...Dor."

Cipher gave me an odd look, but said nothing.

the ease of a killer, the armaments of a killer...in his blood, hot rage thought cooled by the world...quite the mouth...

"Hey ###### off."

yet in his heart...too soon to know...no, too late...if he is here...no choice...no choice at all...no, no, he makes his own choices, doesn't he? loves where he pleases, goes where he pleases, kills and dies on his terms...

"Cipher..."

he is who destiny sent. but he has no destiny. the toa before had no power, the toa before him no heart. the next will have no chance. it must be him.

"Uh, could you stop...doing that...whispery thingy in my head? I'm trying to find my fri--"

Your friend is already dead.

what

a warrior without fire has no protection from the cold of the drifts...too much heart, not enough power...without both, no chance...

Ha. Ha ha ha.

No. I don't believe in this campfire ######, remember that. I believe in what I see, hear, touch, what I can or break or laugh at. I saw Joske not a week ago, alive and whole, the best night we'd never have...

"Look, maybe you're confusing us with a couple of other goofballs, have you met Joske Nimil? Kid's a roach, I've thought about killing him a dozen times myself and rolled snake eyes every time."

I'm not scared of anything.

if the gatekeeper lies dead, the enemy has the key...if the white snows drink his blood, then the darkness underneath those snows feeds, grows restless...

"Drinking blood isn't exactly going to give you a lot of nutrition, I had a thing for a girl who drank it and it drove a wedge through the whole--"

silence.

he will doom us all

he is perfect

he is a ruin. he will crumble at the first...

...does this one look as though he plans to crumble easily?

ruins rarely do.

A fat drop of blood rolled down my nose. The air in here was muggy. I croaked out something wordless for Cipher, but my breath was getting tighter in my chest. Joske...Joske... no. I've never believed in anything I've been told by a random building, and I wouldn't start now.

the gatekeeper's blood is spilled, but every drop left in your veins...a secret weapon...the brighter the blue, the brighter our hope...the key has passed from false hero to false hero, and now to false hero...take the key...unlock the--

"No. My friend's not dead."

he lives in denial...he must see...if he sees, he dies...his blood boils too blue already...the sight alone...

Grrr.

"Dorian, your nose..."

"If I had a widget for..."

no time for denial.

agreed. not now.

it is almost back.

My temper.

unstoppable?

My temper.

the event...not the tide that follows...

but...no gatekeeper...

...and one failsafe.

"SHUT UP! MY HEAD IS OFFICIALLY ON CURFEW, YOU MOTHERFU--"

BAP BAP BAP BAP BAP BAP

"HOLY !"

"What happened!?" Rhea Heartsflame yelled, charging in with her mercenaries, weapons drawn. Dorian had placed one foot up on the stall as if he'd planned on vaulting it, and the barrel of his revolver smoked softly in the dimly lit antechamber. Six jagged holes, punched through the small screen of the iStone in a tight grouping, were smoking the same way.

"Shaddix shot the voice!"

"What voice? Looks like an iStone to me."

"Did you break his nose? Look at the blood..."

"...Probably still a better iStone than my old one..."

Holstering the revolver, Dorian drew his wrist and hand along his face; when he flicked it away, enough blood to fill his palm hit the ground with a wet smack. He didn't say a word, but his eyes were hot and angry as they stared at the screen. His lips traced empty words through the musty air - urging, pleading even, but not even the Toa of Sonics Mar could interpret whatever he was spewing. Cipher moved instinctively to his back.

"Can't believe Shaddix shot the voice. Think we could sell its body if we drop by Onu?"

"So...does someone want to fill in the people who were standing outside the tunnel waiting for treasure?"

"Well, kid, Dor here's the ninth or tenth Chosen One we've had this ye--"

"Friend or not, I will kill you."

"But..." Sola squinted her eyes at Cipher, then at Dorian, then finally at the smoking iStone. The novice Toa of Lightning bit her lip and sighed. "What was on the tablet? Anything useful?"

"Six rounds," Heartsflame drawled. "Quite useful. Insolent boy."

"Bah, those cats in Onu are pretty much genies, they'll take care of--"

"Failsafe armed."

"Exactly. Like the man said. They'll arm the out of--"

"No." Dorian pointed at the screen, where, in lieu of the word Denied that had blinked for minutes, two new words had somehow scrolled across the ravaged display. Wires from the tablet's central computer were visible, and clearly cut by the hot force of Dor's rounds, but it operated as sturdily as any iStone fresh off the table from Wiremu's office would. Anxious to see, all ten crowded around the tablet in a circle to read what they said.

>Failsafe armed. Just like Dorian had said.

The gunslinging Toa of Iron had been slow on the draw after all. 

For good or bad, whatever the karz it meant...Destiny had rolled the dice.

-Tyler

• Upvote 11

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: "...Failsafes are usually bad, right?"

Keeping in line with my beleaguered, witty liner-spewing senpai routine (since apparently we're going oriental on this trip as that baka Dorian had decided), I gave my characteristic succinct response.

"You the religious type, Sola? You might wanna touch base with whomever you think's upstairs. The some of us here could probably use a good word or two."

True to form, the spunky little Vo-Toa's hand immediately began to crackle with built up static.

"So they can watch us kick , right? Might be presumptuous, y'know."

I smirked. Girl spoke my language at the end of the day after all.

"Might be. How much you guys wanna bet those statues are coming to life?"

helo frens

IC: Zelvin, Mar (Temple Underground)

"I agree, this is something out of the ordinary" Zelvin replied as she looked around the room, trying to catch sight of a threat of some sort.

"I'd say that's precisely what I signed up for, but this has exceeded my expectations a great deal"

I held back (and quiet) as I looked around, I couldn't pick up anyone through the walls, we weren't getting unwanted visitors, at least not of our own kind. Karv sniffed around, trying to make sense of the situation on his own terms, but clearly not with much success. Down here in the deep, with the dust-filled air and rotting remains of previous scavengers, his nose had enough to deal with already.

We caught ourselves sneezing simultaneously from inhaling too much of the dusty air. I looked, dumbfounded at my companion for a few seconds.

"...quaint"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Avier

"I really hope you guys are enjoying this as much as I am."

---

IC: Volin

"Sure." Volin said, nodding appreciatively as he grabbed the canteen and brought it to his lips. His throat bobbed slightly with each gulp, a few sips being enough to quench a thirst that would surely come back unless the sun ever let up. Fat chance of that.

"Thanks," he said, holding it in Onamazu's direction before she said something...he wanted to say stupid, but that seemed too harsh now that he was on probation. Maybe odd was the better term.

"Uuuuh, well first, you're gonna have to light that bad boy up. Here."

Flicking the top of his lighter open, he held the exposed flame by the cigarette. Wisps of orange burned faintly at its end when he retracted his hand.

"Um, now you're gonna inhale and then exhale."

The canteen was still on standby, sitting on his lap.

"...You've done this before, right?"

Edited by TX Wade

IC: Savfina

"I grew up here, long ago. I know there's an Engineering Department here somewhere, but I can't for the life of me remember where. So much has changed. I don't even think the railway was complete when I was here last."

IC:

"When was the last time you were here?" Peho asked, forcing himself to slow down lest his long strides mean him outdistancing Mech Lady. "I'm pretty sure that the railway's been here for a couple months, at least."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Mobile post

IC: Savfina

"More than that. A couple years, I think. It's just strange how fast this island changes, shaped by the innovations of its many inhabitants, but I suspect the elemental groupings of each locale are part of the exact nature of change."

She shrugged.

"Just what I was taught. What I continue to study."

IC: (Somewhere in Po-Koro)

You know that feeling you get when the adrenaline starts pumping, and your mind starts working at maximum speed? The world flies by as you take in every detail within seconds, and you find yourself suddenly calculating how you’re going to break your fall without snapping your neck...

Yeah, you know the one.

The Lesterin’s right hook had taken me by surprise, and I lost my footing. The beautiful handcrafted pavement was suddenly becoming a bit too close for comfort, so naturally I twisted my body in order to land the fall in a neat roll.

Well… Semi-neat. I landed the roll nicely, but must of come out of it a little sloppy because I suddenly found myself admiring the clear azure sky. The edge of the rooftop loomed above me, and bits of fallen shingles lay scattered around my body on the sandy, tiled stone.

“Ow..”

Due to the abilities of my Omnus, I heard a rush of air from above as my adversary jumped down after me. I rolled out of the way, dust rising in my wake as he landed with a loud clang directly where I’d been not a second prior. I scrambled to my feet, my breath haggard against the light desert breeze.

“Listen up, punk. I’m not going to around with you anymore. If you don’t step down now, someone’s gonna get hurt.” I warned him irritably, my left eyebrow clearly arched to support my point.

He responded by swinging a curved sword at my head, which I proceeded to dodge easily.

“Well, you can’t say I didn’t warn you.”

I side-stepped and clocked him in the jaw. He was a fierce fighter, but clearly lacked experience and expertise, which left him open and vulnerable to my strikes. He was probably a fresh recruit to one of the small-time gangs in town.

Regardless, I was getting fed up with his very quickly. He was wearing a worn grey cloak, oddly enough. It seemed like cloaks had become a fashion trend on this island, even if there was 90 degree desert wind blowing in your face.

He was currently reeling from the force of my punch, and I didn’t let the opportunity slip away. I took advantage of the moment and grabbed him by the wrist. His sword clattered to the ground as I shifted my weight and slung him up and over my shoulder. He gasped as his back collided with the unyielding stone, and I heard an unpleasant crack.

“Oops, my bad.” I apologized, somewhat sarcastically. I honestly felt a little guilty about it, but this guy had royally ticked me off by sneaking up on me, and had therefore sealed his own fate.

“I hate it when people sneak up on me, you know.” I added aloud, while reaching into my pocket to retrieve a pack of cigarettes. "Especially when I'm working."

As I pulled one out, I noticed it was now bent at an odd angle, likely due to my fall.

“Aw, look what you did!” I complained, desperately trying to mold it back into place. He didn’t respond though, obviously. He had other things on his mind, specifically pain. 

I shrugged and lit it anyways, inhaling graciously. Smoke swirled about my head as I exhaled and dusted off my shirt. The cancer stick dangled from my lips with proficient grace as I straightened myself out. When I looked up, I suddenly realized that a small crowd had been watching the fight, and still stood a safe distance away. The expressions on their faces varied from awe, to shock, to horror. A few of them scattered under my prompt gaze.

“The you lookin’ at?” I asked, a grunt of incredulity escaping my mouth. 

People are so 2D, it’s ridiculous.

OOC: Cadmus open for interaction

• Upvote 1

IC:

Course it is.

The trudge out of the Temple of Creation had the familiar reek of utter defeat - only the second helping I'd ever been served in my life, and it tasted like served straight outta the source. The temple's antechamber had proved to be a big ol' bustola too; with four or five mercenaries on each side, and even the stone powers of Avier, we'd been unable to just pry open whatever door had been built there by...whoever. The First Toa. The Great Beings. 

Until further notice, the Temple's designers were renamed The Powers that Be (Thirstin' for a Prime Leather Cowboy Boot Up the )

Colloquially.

At least the trudge upwards felt vaguely more comforting than the trip down, if only for the fact that now and again I spotted a hint of something that could have passed for sunlight to someone with the right glimmer of imagination, and that as I walked the nosebleed that had been troubling me down there at the structure's heart was bugging me less and less. Now, when I wiped it away, it even stayed away for a few minutes. Either that was some cryptic metaphor about shirking the destiny that had been foisted on my shoulders by a schizophrenic-tier voice deep inside the bowels of a dusty old ruin, full to the brim with asbestos...or I'd been wagging my dick around deep inside the bowels of a dusty old ruin, full to the brim with asbestos. You never knew with these places.

As we found the original service tunnel we'd taken, climbing over each other's shoulders like a ladder to reach the surface level again, I was feeling almost better. Granted, the light at the end of the tunnel looked more moonlighty than sunlighty - or destinylighty - but as I trudged outside, into the cool, summery air of the Po-Wahi deserts, I felt almost better. At least, like my insides weren't tying themselves into pretzels over a Toa I knew full well to be alive.

Things could be--

"You look like ."

WHY IS EVERYONE DOING THIS TO ME LATELY

I don't think anyone in recorded history ever had a gun trained on them so fast; in a quarter of a breath I whirled hard left on my right foot and had my sniper rifle (I'd skimped out on reloading the revolver) primed dead on the slim obstruction, shadowed by the fall of night over the blank desert. The herky-jerky movement sent a fat drop of blood rolling out of one nostril. Breathing wasn't this stuffy last time I was here. I'd thought it'd be clearer in the open air.

"You look--"

--oh.

Oh.

I lowered the gun much more slowly than I'd brought it up, but when I finally slung it back over my shoulder, I wasn't able to stop a wan smile. 

This was the kinda asset you kinda had to grin at.

I didn't raise my hand again until I had bridged most of the gap between us. The moonlight started surrendering more of her features to my eyesight as I approached - sharp face, sad mouth curled in a sad smile, and - there. Big eyes. Big peridot eyes, green the way that people thought spring was green, green like fresh leaves trampled underfoot. Once, those eyes had meant something completely different to me. These days, they were just 

"Nikki." My throat may as well have been bleeding, from how little I was using it. "I nearly replaced your molar with a slug, kid."

I cupped the back of her head and pulled her into a hug on the spot, the other arm coiling like hemp rope around her waist. My chest heaved once. 

Closest I felt like I was gonna get to a laugh for a long, long time.

-Tyler
  • Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Nikarra (Motara Desert)

Nikarra felt a thousand emotions at once, swirling and fighting for dominance inside her, her head spinning and her gut twisting and squirming, her own emotions like sandpaper filing down her stomach lining as she used every ounce of resolve she had left to keep standing. No. No. Not now.
Not him.

Dorian Shaddix was waltzing into her life once again, covered in blood and dust and dirt and the Toa felt herself shatter inside, and shatter again with every step he took forwards. She could make him out in the dark, unmistakeable after every past encounter she’d had with him, even covered in grime and ##### as he was now.
You’re a survivor, Nikki.
Survive.

Something clicked in her mind for just a moment, a tiny vestige of Sloth rearing its head as Nikki felt her shock channel itself into a half-hearted smirk that conveyed all the pride of roadkill, flattened and condemned but still, somehow, breathing, even though every intake of air was nothing more than a stabbing pain that inched it closer to death. “Well,” she started. “You look like #####.”

- - -

Earlier

Nikarra’s feet moved sluggishly through the sand, white under the pale moonlight, as she forced herself to keep moving, not to give up. She was tired and hungry and dehydrated and hopeless, but she was moving, that was all that mattered right now, she was moving. She had to keep moving.
There’s something better waiting for you, Nikki, she thought to herself. Not too much further. You’re a survivor. There’s nothing can stop you, only slow you down.

She sat down on the ground, breathing deeply, trying to psych herself up for one more effort. She looked up at the sky, the void and the stars, vast and endless and incomprehensible, and for just a moment she felt so small, and so vulnerable, and she held on to that feeling. She closed her eyes and allowed it to fill her up, just for that moment; she knew what she was walking towards by now, there was some kind of structure already in sight. But she knew she was going to have to be strong, that whatever was there… it was going to kill her, no two ways about it. For just a moment she embraced her weakness, and then she took a deep breath in, opened her eyes and stood up. You’re not through the woods yet, Nikki.

- - -

“Nikki.” Dor said, hoarsely, probably still catching up with the shock Nikarra had already experienced. “I nearly replaced your molar with a slug, kid.”
The Toa of Lightning all but collapsed into Dor as he pulled her into a hug, tears welling up in her eyes from sources unknown as she couldn’t help but hold him tight and bury her head in his shoulder. She withdrew from the hug slowly, and opened her mouth more than once as though she was about to say something, make some reply to what he had just said or give some explanation for the tears streaming down her face, but in the end she just sighed and shook her head, looking him up and down once again and taking in the almost pitiful sight that his trip through the temple had turned him into. Almost. Dude’s still the best-looking hobo I’ve ever seen.
“That blood better not be yours, ######.”

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC:

Heh. Yup. Had to grin.

When I die, make sure they recycle my teeth into spirit stars. Shouldn't take much work.

"What, are you going to beat me up?" Fake fingertips brushed away tears from her eyes and flicked them into the sand irreverently. "C'mon. Put 'em up. I'll tie all my limbs behind my back and put an apple in my mouth."

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz
  • Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Nameless Po-Koro Medcenter Doctor (stand-in for Torvoth)

The doors to the waiting area pushed open, revealing a stout, weary-looking Po-Matoran. The Matoran glanced around the room, quickly scanning over its few occupants. Thankfully, there were not that many. Only a handful of people, really. The doctor ran his eyes across the room a second time before settling them on a lone Toa of Plasma who sat nursing what appeared to be an injured shoulder. The Matoran cleared his throat.

"Excuse me. Are you the gentleman who brought the wounded Vortixx in here?"

The Toa glanced up and nodded.

"Your friend?"

The Toa paused almost imperceptibly, before nodding a second time.

In response, the Po-Matoran sighed and bowed his head.

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you."

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

IC:

Nikarra couldn't help but laugh at the prospect Dor was suggesting. "Maybe not tonight, but I will be calling that one in sometime."

She made the mistake of looking into his eyes for a second -- perfect, icy blue, pulling her in and trapping her like a black hole for just long enough that she found herself somewhere far in the past, far away from the desert, long before the Daedra or the Mark-Bearers... but not before Dor. The cogs of destiny had moved to push him into her life once again, and there was no mistaking some element of fate in it; Nikki knew full well exactly why she found herself right back in front of him every time she tried to pull away.

There was no her before Dor, and there was no her without him. The Nikarra of the past was a blank slate, as alien to her as a total stranger, and the Nikarra who was separated from Dor was a shell, a parasite. She fed off his presence to keep herself afloat just as much as he had once done the same to her. She broke the eye contact to look down at her wrist, where a clock had once glowed through her skin and counted down to her death, just as another had on Dor's, the burden that they shared after he all but forced it upon her. Not that I complained, she noted, sighing internally. Anything was worth being near Dorian Shaddix.

She shook herself from the recollection and looked back to Dorian, the Dorian of the present. Her tears had begun to subside, and her smile had become warmer in the wake of Dor's latest joke, and when she spoke it was clear she'd become a little calmer, although exhaustion still rang strong through her voice, hoarse with the dehydration she'd been dealing with in her time in the desert. "So... fancy meeting you here."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC:

"You would not believe my year." Searching her face for a second, I bridged the distance between our hearts with my half-full canteen of Bula juice. "Drink up. Your voice is scratchy."

I refused to stop staring her down until she took it, and then I looked out over the long, long leagues of desert between here and where I knew Po-Koro was supposed to be. 

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Nikarra smirked as she took the canteen from Dor and took a swig from it, refusing to let on just how good the liquid felt on her parched tongue.

"This how it's gonna go when we bump into each other from now on, then? Quick health check every time I forget to feed myself?" she joked, before taking another drink and swallowing the juice alongside her pride. A twinge of regret rippled through her face at her response to his kindness, her defensiveness coming across just a little too callous.

"...Thanks, Dor. It's nice to know someone's looking out for me."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC:

"Any time you need it. So, I see you noticed the grand opening of my new locksmithing business." I tilted my head to the left, towards the hole I'd punched inside the wall of the temple.

"Guy wasn't home. I couldn't even get in to demonstrate. Can you believe that ?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Nikarra shook her head emphatically, loudly tutting in response to Dor's exasperation. "##### ridiculous. Although I caught it from halfway across the desert, so I reckon your advertising had a lot of spread available. Maybe just move to a demographic with a little more, y'know."

"People."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC:

Nikarra shrugged. "I broke into your place, it seemed pretty cozy. If you stopped on the way and did a little interior decorating, the murderising might even be seen as a fair trade."

"Assuming we're talking fears of murder, and not marital infidelity. That one... yeah, probably best to leave the house as it is."

Edited by Suzy

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC:

"Yeah, I guess that works too," Nikki grinned. "And I thought it was cozy. I even spotted the piano from The Final Problem, brought back some memories. Pretty ##### nice, as far as homes go."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC:Arvas

Arvas gestured for his canteen. "So, Onamazu, right? You any good at fighting, or?"

IC:Derius

"Woah, hey, calm down. It's simple, look, I'll show you." Derius reached over to the Vortixx's paper, pointing to different letters and giving an explanation of how the written Matoran language worked, also stating what the message said.

"...ain't difficult, see?" He shrugged.

"I've got nothing to do, so I'm gonna go head on over to this Engineering Department. You can as well, if you want." Derius smiled, turning and heading off. He had at least some idea where it was.

OOC:Sorry for the long wait, Chirox.

Edited by SnowyAegis

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC:Derius

"Woah, hey, calm down. It's simple, look, I'll show you." Derius reached over to the Vortixx's paper, pointing to different letters and giving an explanation of how the written Matoran language worked, also stating what the message said.

"...ain't difficult, see?" He shrugged.

"I've got nothing to do, so I'm gonna go head on over to this Engineering Department. You can as well, if you want." Derius smiled, turning and heading off. He had at least some idea where it was.

OOC:Sorry for the long wait, Chirox.

IC: Elkau - Po-Koro

He scrawled some crude circles down assuming what he was signing was fine

"Alright now where do I go again?" 

It's time to move on.

IC: Nikarra (Motara Desert)

"To be completely honest, I would not be surprised if you spent more fishing out that furniture than my cousin bought it for," Nikarra smirked. "Bit of a sucker for sentiment, ain't ya?"

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC:

Nikarra's smirk widened into a particularly snarky grin. "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww."

"In all seriousness though," she said, "Let's move off from the Xa-Koro home catalogue and get to the point of Dor, why the ##### did you tear a hole into a temple in the middle of the desert?"

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: Elysi

Snapping her fingers, the Toa of Lightning watched as a spark of electricity jumped from the tips of her phalanges, falling onto the pile of dry bark and sticks that had been arranged into a crude campfire before them. It alighted immediately, a wave of warmth rolling over her as she contentedly crossed her arms, enjoying the fruits of her ... relatively hard labour. Setting off fires could be truly hard work sometimes.

"Oi, Shaddix!" she called out, directing her voice towards the aforementioned Iron Toa and his ... new lady-friend? Didn't matter right now, unless said lady-friend wanted to kill them. That would probably be something she'd focus on. "You and your pal want to settle down over here? It's getting dark, and Po can be real cold!"

IC:

Introductions? Heh. Typical her. Already figured she was along for the ride. Went to show she was more trustworthy than everyone who introduced themselves under the Renegade Tactical banner, at least. If anyone had an excuse to break my neck, it was her.

"Yo. Everyone meet Nikarra..." wait, did she ever tell me her last name? She had to have, right? It's...uh...wait, no she didn't. Is she looking at me? Is this something I should remember? "...casino heiress, chic thief, and kinkiest girl this side of Karz."

Just saying it made me feel the closest to cheerful I'd been since I left Po-Wahi with Joske and Cael.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME