BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

--IC: Gairu--

"Hey, I don't know if this is true or not, but I've heard rumors that if you look hard enough in ruined temples in Po-Koro, then you can find treasure.  Maybe we could do that.  Or not; y'know, I'm open to suggestions.  But whatever we do, we should do it after we've re-drenched our water cloths.  Mine's almost completely dry already."

IC:Cyramar

The...not-easily-elementally-identifiable being paid the commotion no mind, nonchalantly browsing wares. He still had no money, he just chose to look at what they had available anyway.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC Sorox

He groaned under his breath.

The shopkeeper glanced in between the pair, his mouth halfway open, before finally addressing the older one. "I'm sorry, we just sold the last one of our widest brim. Perhaps you'd like the smaller-brimmed variety." He gestured to a wooden rack featuring some more standard-sized hats.

Meanwhile, he smiled again at Datrox. "I think we should continue with your purchase, since the other customer has yet to decide. And you sir, do you have anything?"

Sorox was not prepared to be addressed. "Um, I..." He nudged Datrox again.

Rahkiir IC:

Rahkiir went to the rack and pulled off a slightly smaller hat made of tarakava skin. He tried it on. It suited his needs. He was still immensely miffed about what had just happened, but decided just to wait before doing anything drastic.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

IC: (Datrox)

He paid for their meals at the Great Takea. He tried to remember the cost, and soon looked off at nothing in particular with a sad smile on his face.
​"I'm broke."
​He turned to Cyramar, who up until then had pretty much been hanging around the shop, not doing much.
​"Oh, Patchwork~?"

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Ember-Mata Nui Technology Emporium

IC: "That will be four hundred widgets, please come back in two hours. Payment can be made now or upon delivery of goods."

It was a little on the expensive side, but these were going to be some karzing high quality arrows and it was a special request.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Konihi

Good thing I still had most of the money I made in Onu Koro, but I'd definitely need to get more cash afterwards. "Deal"

I placed the 400 widgets on the counter alongside a note detailing my preference in arrow length.

"That should explain how long they need to be, I'll be back by the end of the day"

Edited by The Invisible Noob

"Aw yiss!  We should stock up on treasure-hunting equipment first, though.  Things like rope and lightstones and mining tools.  That place looks like it might have some," Gairu said, pointing to a store down the street a ways.

OOC: Just timeskip onto the train; you guys are in the same cart.

IC:

This isn't going to work, Dalyn thought. 

Three people. That’s all they had. Three people. Four if you wanted to get technical, but conjoined twins only added up to one body in the end. Dalyn sighed, fingers drumming against her armrest. For one long minute she closed her eyes, allowing herself to be lulled by the Iron Mahi’s soft thrum. It soared across the desert, smooth and steady save for the occasional bump along the way. She didn’t know the exact details but apparently it used magnetism to rotate the wheels, powered by solar panels lining the roof. Dalyn had never been technologically inclined, but she had to admit: the Onu-Matoran really were brilliant. Maybe she’d have to pay them a visit if she wasn’t dead or in prison by the end of this.

Opening her eyes, she swivelled her head to the left where Kynaera sat beside her. She tapped the Ba-Toa on the shoulder, shifting her attention from the window. “It’s time,” Dalyn announced, before looking to the right where Taranis and Tenjin occupied both seats. A quick nod conveyed the same message. She craned her neck to get a good look at the rest of their surroundings. Most people in the cart were Matoran, though she spotted a few Toa aside from the guards stationed at both ends. Problematic, but hopefully they could be contained if worse came to worst. Otherwise, they’d have a few dead civilians to explain in court.

Their tip hadn’t been clear where the gold would be. All she knew was that the shipment was stashed near the back of the train, and no one besides the authorities were allowed back there. Dalyn wasn’t known for her charm, so she wouldn’t even try to persuade her way past the guard; that was Kynaera’s job. 

If things went south, Dalyn and the twins would be ready.

OOC: Well okay then.

IC Sorox and the crew

He nestled himself down into the seat, happy at last...

Except he was right next to Datrox. And if Datrox flailed too hard, Sorox would end up on the floor. Cyramar had taken the seat facing them, although he looked pretty nervous. The wide brim of Datrox's new hat was sometimes sticking into his face.

"Well... Nothing can go wrong now, amirite? We're on a train, heading..." He looked around. "...Where are we heading?"

IC (Kynaera, train):

Kynaera had reviewed her surroundings five times since getting on the train, but only the first two checks had been useful. The remaining three only helped soothe her nerves: She had missed nothing; she could account for everything; she was ready.

Well, she was mostly ready.

In hindsight, handling the guards was the most difficult job she could have picked. They framed the doorways on each end of the train car, conspicuous but intimidating. She had too much experience to think she could lure them away from those doors--people like these guards tended to be equally prideful and scared, and those two qualities augment suspicion like nothing else can. Speaking per se would accomplish nothing. Like a magician, she needed multiple parts and a willing audience for her magic trick to work.

If it did not, she had a backup plan--one crude, clumsy, and violent, but potentially necessary.

"It's time," Dalyn said.

Kynaera nodded.

Surreptitiously, she lifted her finger. The guards stood unmoved for a minute or so--Dalyn was probably getting impatient--and then one of them, a Toa of Stone, twitched his fingers. He blinked multiple times, quickly, as if he were trying to clear a fog from his eyes. He turned to his companion, a Toa of Sonics, with a plaintive gaze.

For many people, the side-effects of lower gravity include slight nausea and vertigo. Kynaera had weakened the gravity around both guards, but only the one was reacting now. It would be enough. Mostly.

The Toa of Sonics glanced at him in concern and leaned toward him, whispering something. The first guard nodded. Glaring, his companion whispered something else. He nodded and, with obvious relief, opened the door behind him--the door that led to the back of the train.

Now Kynaera redirected her efforts toward the door and discarded subtlety. When the Toa of Stone tried to close the door, it refused to budge. His eyes wide, he tugged as hard as he could without making it obvious. The Toa of Sonics rolled her eyes and tried to help him pull it shut. It ground about a few centimeters along the ground before stopping for good.

The other two guards took notice. One of them, a second Toa of Stone, began crossing the train car, hesitated upon the Toa of Sonics' annoyed glance, and continued when she begrudgingly gestured for her to help. This left three guards at the open door and one watching from the opposite end--a division of forces far easier to handle, especially when three of these people were preoccupied.

OOC: I'm going to stop here for tonight and allow characters on the train to react. It's been a while since I roleplayed here, so if I overstepped any boundaries (even assuming the guards are expendable NPCs (sorry, guards!)), let me know ASAP.

EDIT: I DUN GOOFED. Silvan's controlling the guards. He's allowing this post to stay as it is, but I'm leaving this edit here to avoid any confusion.

Edited by Legolover-361

OOC: Taranis and Tenjin from Onu-Wahi.

IC: Taranis and Tenjin - The Iron Mahi (Passenger Car)

To be perfectly honest, Taranis was starting to have second thoughts about this.

When he and Tenjin had finally returned to Po-Koro, thirsty, hot, and without a widget to their name, he was almost as ecstatic as his twin when they had first stumbled across this gig. Sure, fencing the gold would likely be problematic, and just getting it in the first place definitely wasn't going to be a walk in the park, especially since they didn't know its exact location, but they were pretty much willing to do anything at that point if it meant that they wouldn't have to worry about money for a while. Now that they were actually about to go through with the plan, however, he was beginning to notice a few more issues now that they had started to become even more readily apparent.

First of all, the space within the interior of their car left a lot to be desired; if things went downhill, and, in all likelihood, they were probably going to, keeping themselves out of harm's way was going to be that much more difficult in the event that things ended up dissolving into a straight-up bloodbath. Doubly so for the Skakdi in specific, due to being quite literally attached to one another from shoulder to hip. While they did have their fair share of experience maneuvering around the inside of jail cells in the past, doing so here had become exceedingly ridiculous, as simply walking down the aisle proved to be a rather uncomfortable affair, mostly because of how the corners of the seats persistantly had a habit of digging into their sides.

Secondly, the number of passengers they had planned on dealing with had thus far exceeded his expectations. The number of guards, give or take a few bodies, were practically a given, mostly due to the nature of the cargo they were supposed to be protecting, but what had taken him by surprise was the exact amount of people who had chosen to board the very same section of the train that they were now currently occupying. Despite the possibility of the rather cramped quarters potentially amplifying his elemental attacks, something he wasn't too keen on experiencing himself because of his hearing, he was left wondering whether or not the duo's signature move would even be enough to affect that many at once, let alone incapacitate any of them. One thing was for sure, however; if things didn't go as planned, it wasn't going to be long before he had his answers.

Finally, the third, and by far the most important factor he had to take into consideration, was Tenjin himself. The Vo-Skakdi had certainly voiced his displeasure upon discovering that Taranis was planning to drag him back to Po-Wahi, taking issue with pretty much everything from the sun and the heat to the people and the prison food, and never once ceased his complaining throughout every step of their journey. If he had his way, they'd probably be sitting in a bar somewhere in Ko-Koro right about now, using the backs of some unfortunate Matoran as footstools after a night of pillaging and either waiting for a decent fight to break out or simply looking for some ignorant Karz-Head to rob. On the other hand, the De-Skakdi knew that the village of ice was nothing more than a ticking time bomb; clustering all of the island's criminals together in one place meant fewer opportunities to apply their craft within the actual walls themselves, and while the Makuta-worshippers likely had no shortage of honeyed words or coin to help secure them allies, he also knew that they'd gladly stick their knives in the backs of freelancers like them, whether in an effort to save their own skins or just simply for the amusement of watching them bleed out in the snow. No, like it or not, they'd be sticking to the more civilised places of the island, as even potentially dealing with Rahi in the wilderness would've been the preferable option, though this would do little to quench his brother's thirst for violence. Because of this, Taranis dared not to even think of what was going on inside his head, as knowing his luck, he was probably planning on trying to murder absolutely everyone he could get his hands... err, hand on.

Seeing as he'd most definitely be sharing any sentence that his brother could possibly be subjected to, the only solace he found in his current situation was the fact that he'd get to enjoy watching him go through withdrawals again. You know, in the event that they didn't end up dying, of course.

Returning the nod before giving his weapons a quick once-over, he suddenly shifted himself to the right, causing his twin to abruptly inhale a potion of his beverage. A few seconds of coughing and an angry glare later, and the duo were ready for action. Whether or not they were truly prepared for what was about to happen, however, was another matter entirely.

IC: Zenithex - Blackrock (Ruins)

For a moment, Zenithex was silent, though not for the reasons one might assume at first glance.

To be quite frank, the Lesterin's actual time amongst the other members of the Brotherhood had been... limited to say the least; while he was able to catch up on a lot of their history after his escape during the first sacking of Blackrock, and was sufficiently filled in about their recent activities regarding the region of ice and snow, there were still many things that he hadn't had the chance to learn before being separated from them once again, and chances were that now he never would. As such, the announcement of the Bo-Toa's name had little impact on him, aside from them using it to introduce themselves, so he simply shook his head in respone to the other being's question.

No, what he was really concerned with was how best to explain away the mission he was given by the Archangel himself.

As a former serial killer and now completely reformed ritual killer, it was rather obvious that one should never introduce themselves as such if they wished to prolong their work. Seeing as to how his work was now also the work of Ak'rei'an, that went doubly so. Still, if he chose to say nothing, that would in turn draw suspicion upon himself, and having their deity's last two living servants on Mata Nui at each other's throats simply would not do, as they were already teetering on the brink of extinction. What he desperately needed was a way to say as little as possible while still showing that he was trustworthy at the very least, and, after much deliberation, he finally decided how best to properly acheive this.

Slowly reaching up towards his face with both hands, he proceeded to draw back his hood, revealing both the vice shackled around his head and his lipless maw as he let the fabric receed until it came to a rest down around his shoulders.

"And I am Sir Zenithex, last surviving Knight of the Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an. None who follow the ways of the Archangel need fear violence from me; only those who seek to stand against him and his flock."

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Konihi

I exited the emporium with a significantly lighter bit bag. I needed to rectify that. As I returned to the group I found that Gairu and Biotron were really excited for some reason. That was an ominous sign.

"Ok what happened while I was gone"

Edited by The Invisible Noob
  • Upvote 1

IC:Cyramar

Cyramar wasn't nervous because he was in a big metal box going down a track, but more the idea of what happened if it came off those tracks.

One of the doors leading to another...carriage? Whatever it was called becoming stuck didn't help. After glancing at the three guards tugging at the door, he turned back. He didn't feel like keeping his neck craned to watch some guards try to fix a jammed door. Nestling into the corner, Cyramar instead chose to watch the guard at the opposite side, outside of passively scanning his surroundings.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC Sorox

You saying the guards are stupid or something? I mean sure, that's possi-

Oh. He's serious. He must see something I don't.

"Well." Sorox leaned back, casually moving a part of his cape from in front of the hilt of his sword. "I don't think we should draw too much attention then..." He said this is a relaxed manner, as he tried to settle into his seat, although he still kept a questioning glance towards Datrox.

"It was not a bad idea, Ayna," Gairu said.  "Stop being such a pessimist.  We were making plans to go treasure hunting, Konihi.  We're just about to go pick up some supplies.  Want to come with us?"